PDA

View Full Version : First Details on MyTeam in NBA 2K16

cdj
07-21-2015, 06:34 PM
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/329/19278271953_1be081928b_o.png

During this week's NBA 2KCast, Ronnie Singh and Chris Manning detailed the first information on MyTeam mode in NBA 2K16.

My Team in 2K16 will feature five card classes: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Amethyst, and Diamond. Classes will be defined by ratings range. The goal was to provide a clear definition for the value of each type of card.

Cards can also have a 'themes.' For example, a green theme means it is a dynamic rating card and that the player card will match the ratings assigned in ratings updates throughout the season. Should the player be traded, released, etc. their team designation will be updated as well. No theme means it is a static card and the ratings assigned to that card will not change during the year.

The other theme cards are 'Moment' cards (purple background). Should a player have a big game, a special card may be released shortly thereafter will ratings reflecting. These cards are auctionable. There are other 'theme' cards that will be announced at a later time.

The Michael Jordan Moment card (available only in MJ Special Edition) ratings will reflect his talents at the start of his career, "Game One MJ" as stated by Singh.

Also, cards obtained via Locker Code promotions will now be auctionable to help more users possibly acquire these cards. More MyTeam details will be announced in the future.

JBHuskers
07-22-2015, 12:15 PM
Wonder how impossible that Jordan card will be to get.

cdj
07-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Wonder how impossible that Jordan card will be to get.

It's available only in the MJ Special Edition.

JBHuskers
07-22-2015, 12:58 PM
It's available only in the MJ Special Edition.

Ahh. So impossible for me :D don't think I'm going to play 2K anywhere remotely close to release this year.

cdj
07-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Between the announced features in this stream and the leaked info via the Smartglass app, it's interesting to see how 2K is working to get MyTEAM on par with EA's Ultimate Team and SCEA's Diamond Dynasty. (I know the mode is popular, but I generally read most comments implying it is the worst from the three major sports studios.)

The theme cards sound like 2K's answer to the promo cards/sets that LUT/MUT utilizes, with the 'dynamic Team Creator' being their answer to the editor in MLB The Show.

It's tough to tell until gameplay and videos emerge, but I think one could argue that MyTEAM received as much focus as almost any other this year in 2K16 - minus the Spike Lee Joint-centric MyCAREER.

2K may feel this is a market they can/need to tap further into given how much money EA gets via UT. However, while they do not get ripped much for MyTEAM, they do draw a lot of heat for their use of Virtual Currency. If at some point MyTEAM becomes a major known draw, will they draw fire for having numerous DLC/$$$ outlets. Even EA - called 'greedy' by some for add-on content/options historically - doesn't have this many outlets for consumers to spend additional money in-game.