PDA

View Full Version : Week 5, 2010

Oneback
09-06-2010, 03:34 PM
=============== #9 Oklahoma Sooners (4-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 41-27 against Oregon State (0-3).
This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== #24 Clemson Tigers (3-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 41-13 against Boston College (2-2).
This week, the Tigers will host Wake Forest (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Dwayne White has committed to Clemson
- (****) FS Craig Weeks has committed to Clemson
- (****) FS Jeremiah Robertson has committed to Clemson

=============== #4 Florida State Seminoles (4-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 59-31 against LSU (1-1).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) QB Joseph Walker has committed to USC
- (****) LOLB Daniel Washington has committed to Florida State

=============== #7 Miami Hurricanes (4-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 34-13 against USF (2-1).
This week, the Hurricanes will host Boston College (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LOLB Daniel Washington has committed to Florida State

=============== #6 Michigan Wolverines (3-0) ===============
Last week the Wolverines were idle.
This week, the Wolverines will host Notre Dame (0-2).

=============== #16 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1) ===============
Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
This week, the Buckeyes will host Michigan State (4-0).

=============== #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 78-14 against Connecticut (0-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (3-0).

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-3) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech lost 55-37 against USC (1-2).
This week, the Red Raiders will host Texas A&M (2-1).

=============== #18 USC Trojans (1-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 55-37 against Texas Tech (0-3).
This week, the Trojans will host Oklahoma State (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) QB Joseph Walker has committed to USC

=============== #11 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech lost 29-28 against Wisconsin (4-0).
This week, the Hokies will host North Carolina (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Craig Weeks has committed to Clemson

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (4-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 66-3 against Oklahoma State (1-3).
This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (4-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 29-28 against Virginia Tech (3-1).
This week, the Badgers will host #25 Iowa (2-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Jon Hunter has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) WR Terrence Allen has committed to Utah

fsuprime
09-06-2010, 03:36 PM
ugh, both qb and hb are soft commits to texas now, time to drop them lol

Papa LoneStar
09-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeaaaahhhh....let me get up and work on 'em to see if I can lock 'em before another visit

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Skip, don't bother with the #1 MLB. Instant'd to me.

Andy Katzenmoyer (né Craig Bell)
#1 MLB
W Carrelton, OH
5'11" 231 lbs
Coverage
5-star
B SPD | B- PRC | B PUR
Andy committed early in Week 5 to the Buckeyes. The excitement to be the next great Buckeye linebacker was too much for him, committing before even taking a formal visit to Columbus. The West Carrelton product instantly connected with his coach, who was born in West Carrelton. Andy is expected to be named Ohio's Mr. Football by the Associated Press, and will be the first defensive player so honored, after a stellar high school career. He is a candidate for the national defensive player of the year honors by the Columbus Touchdown Club and USA Today.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Ohio State survives against Michigan State, 35-17. The Spartans put up a good fight, but enough plays went the Buckeyes way to get the final margin. Pepe Pearson was able to play the full game for the first time all season, and he earned Player of the Game, with 101 yards on 19 carries. Pearson's 45 yard breakaway run ended up providing the final score of the contest.

With 7 recruits in-house, I would have preferred a bigger margin, but I'll take what I can get.

fsuprime
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
#4 FSU pounds Duke 69-7

sophomore RB Chris Thompson rushed for 190 on 23 carries, FB Lonnie Pryor rushed for 103 yards on 8 carries.

We get one more cream puff (wfu) before the freshmen qb is thrown to the wolves

Oneback
09-07-2010, 07:30 AM
I will play my game tonight. I started to play last night after the Boise State game but after doing a system update and getting the game up an running I came to my senses before the first kickoff as it was 11pm and I needed to wake up at 5am. So I am pretty sure I will have a game restart warning.

Just got a little excited about beating Notre Dame and seeing what impact that has on the recruits I have in this week.

fsuprime
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
might have been a good idea to play, who knows how your sliders will react to the game changes, could be dangerous!

Oneback
09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
might have been a good idea to play, who knows how your sliders will react to the game changes, could be dangerous!

Yeah that was my first thought and why I first got on to play. But I didn't want to limp through what I thought/think will be a bust day today due to the three day weekend.

fsuprime
09-07-2010, 02:42 PM
yea probably a smart idea, Im going to be focusing on getting a lot of young guys PT now that my QB and RB are out for long periods of time. Get some progression across the board and get ready for 2012! At least i know EJ Manuel wont go pro on me lol.

fsuprime
09-07-2010, 05:19 PM
only 4 left to go ! tex, psu, escobar and one back ;)
lots of recruiting hopes on the line i think

Papa LoneStar
09-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Indeed.

texacotea
09-07-2010, 05:53 PM
playing now and def need to get these others on the ball.

fsuprime
09-07-2010, 06:35 PM
escobar is online, just need psuevx now ;)

Oneback
09-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Everyone is done but psuevx and myself. I am going to play right after my son goes to bed at 8pm central.

Oneback
09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Awesome, new patch/tuner, recruits in and its a rain game.

Oneback
09-07-2010, 08:11 PM
28 seconds into the game Notre Dame has scored.

psuexv
09-07-2010, 08:13 PM
recruiting now and then playing. Prime will be happy we should get an advance in tonight

fsuprime
09-07-2010, 08:15 PM
sweet :)

Oneback
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I would say the CPU offense is back in a big way...it's half time, score tied at 28 and I have given up 417 yards to Notre Dame.

JeffHCross
09-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Are you seeing a running game, OB? I'm still not.

psuexv
09-07-2010, 09:13 PM
USC knocks off Oklahoma State 41-20. Defense took control of the game early and often... 3 INTs on the day.

Offensively we showed the recruits on hand what they could do in the future. Barkley - 240 and 4 TDs, Tyler 13 carries 142 yards.

Oneback
09-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Are you seeing a running game, OB? I'm still not.

I don't know that Notre Dame and their hyper fast passing offense is the best to judge on, however that being said I gave up 180 yards rushing on 19 carries, 79 of which came on the last play of the first half.

Now I will say that I firmly believe the CPU was doing everything within its power to make me lose the game as I could not rush the ball at all (87 yards on 28 carries) with my A- offense against their B defense...Tate Forcier had 29 yards rushing off scrambles as their ND defense was bringing heavy heat. My biggest problem was the drops and I mean WIDE OPEN drops. As I said ND was bringing HEAVY heat on every play...leaving recievers WIDE OPEN with no one around only to have them drop the ball.

Now I am going to advance and not touch the sliders as I am hoping these problems were more because it was a rivalry game, I have 10 recruits in house and it was raining and the computer was out to get me...I am going to mark it off as one of those games. If it continues next week and everyone is seeing it we will make some changes before moving on.

fsuprime
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
darn, so u r saying u won ;)

Oneback
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
darn, so u r saying u won ;)

Yeah 49-31.