PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 16 Reveals Improvements to Connected Franchise Mode

CLW
05-28-2015, 01:17 PM
As Ultimate Team has become the most-played mode in Madden NFL, many long-time fans have claimed that the rise of MUT came at the expense of other modes, such as Connected Franchise. To begin the pre-release news cycle for Madden NFL 16, EA SPORTS levied a lengthy blog detailing some of the changes and improvements coming to the game's career mode.

Throughout the mode, a revamped and streamlined user interface helps users see more pertinent information in one location. This even permeates in-game action as users will be given in-game goals and post-play goal feedback. Some of this feedback appears at the bottom of the screen in a 'ticker,' which has some wondering if scores of other games and perhaps even stats will be shown there, similarly to that found in NCAA Football.

Other improvements include new scouting and combine stats, draft feedback, free practice, and tuning to confidence and owner mode finances. Worth noting are two new commissioner tools: Members List and Sim W/L. The description for Members List sounds similar to that of Dynasty Central in NCAA Football and Sim W/L was a heavily requested feature for Online Dynasty Commissioners for years.

While many of the changes were warranted if not directly requested, some in the community have expressed reservations towards the heavy focus on an XP system and perhaps too heavy of use of numbers throughout the mode. Check out the official EA SPORTS blog (https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2015/madden-16-cfm) and an article from Game Informer with additional CFM details (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/madden_nfl_16/b/playstation4/archive/2015/05/28/25-things-to-know-about-madden-nfl-16-franchise-mode.aspx?utm_content=buffer9fbb9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer) then share your thoughts with the community.

CLW
05-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Madden NFL 16 Feature Deep Dive: Connected Franchisehttps://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2015/madden-16-cfm?utm_campaign=mad16-social-global-ic-tw-features-cfm-052815-mad-tw-img-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=mad16-social-global-ic-tw-features-cfm-052815-mad-tw-img-site-ramp&cid=39049&ts=1432838623091

steelerfan
05-28-2015, 02:58 PM
I really don't like the concept of XP, points to spend, goals, etc. The idea that sports games need to be turned into RPGs or that they need mini-games to make them interesting are really bad ones.

I prefer The Show's approach. I can tell players what to work on but progression/regression is up to the age and potential of the player.

Worrying about a team being emotionally distressed because they failed to get 125 yards rushing in a 31-3 win is very unsatisfying.

In fact, since NCAA is gone, I would say that all of EA's Franchise modes (with the exception of FIFA) are completely unsatisfying because there is too much focus on leveling up your GM with mundane goals (I'm looking at you, NHL) and the like.

There was nothing in that list that made consider buying Madden. Nothing.

skipwondah33
05-28-2015, 03:11 PM
I really don't like the concept of XP, points to spend, goals, etc. The idea that sports games need to be turned into RPGs or that they need mini-games to make them interesting are really bad ones.

I prefer The Show's approach. I can tell players what to work on but progression/regression is up to the age and potential of the player.

Worrying about a team being emotionally distressed because they failed to get 125 yards rushing in a 31-3 win is very unsatisfying. Although this mode is no concern of mine...since I do not care for or play CFM really, I completely agree with all of this in general

Rudy
05-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Interesting that they finally added the combine stats. Sounds like scouting will be easier.

jaymo76
05-28-2015, 06:40 PM
I cannot believe that yet again the Madden team has not included formaton subs. It really is mind-boggling. Plus count me in as a person who thinks putting weekly/season goals on the screen looks like crap! So much for that authentic broadcast presentation...

Rudy
05-28-2015, 07:46 PM
I cannot believe that yet again the Madden team has not included formaton subs. It really is mind-boggling. Plus count me in as a person who thinks putting weekly/season goals on the screen looks like crap! So much for that authentic broadcast presentation...

I agree. Is it confirmed that we definitely won't have formation subs? I was a bit disappointed last year with Madden. It did not feel fresh or much improved imo. I wonder if they will have a demo this year?

SmoothPancakes
05-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Well, glad to know they prioritize stupid wastes of time like making the game more RPG with goals for individual drives, players, games, weeks, etc, but still can't even be bothered to add something like restricted free agents. Jesus titty fucking Christ. :fp:

And with that, if this is the route Madden is going for the future, Madden is officially 100% dead to me as a franchise and I am done with it forever.

jaymo76
05-28-2015, 08:54 PM
I agree. Is it confirmed that we definitely won't have formation subs? I was a bit disappointed last year with Madden. It did not feel fresh or much improved imo. I wonder if they will have a demo this year?

To be fair, they did NOT say it's out... BUT... they didn't say ti was in and the way this team has worked historically that means that nothing was done with the feature.

cdj
05-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Plus count me in as a person who thinks putting weekly/season goals on the screen looks like crap! So much for that authentic broadcast presentation...

I'm holding out hope that the ticker at the bottom will double as a place for giving scores/stats from other franchise mode games that week. That was my biggest personal request for CFM but likely won't be confirmed/denied until a presentation blog/video.

I'm not sold on all these extra stats, in-progress meters, etc. splashed across the screen either, but hopefully they are not as intrusive or frequent as these screens make them seem.

souljahbill
05-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Maybe Formation Subs would go in the new gameplay section of announcements.

steelerfan
05-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Maybe Formation Subs would go in the new gameplay section of announcements.
More likely to go in the "Not This Year" section.

souljahbill
05-28-2015, 09:49 PM
More likely to go in the "Not This Year" section.

While I'm pretty sure that'll be the case, it's something you can use in all game modes, not just Franchise.

skipwondah33
05-28-2015, 10:09 PM
I just want to hear about Gameplay improvements

Don't care for Presentation and Stat overlays either...or MUT

cdj
05-28-2015, 10:38 PM
I cannot believe that yet again the Madden team has not included formaton subs.

I take it from this tweet that formation subs are still available in-game only, not from menus as in NCAA:

JeffHCross
05-28-2015, 11:40 PM
It will always baffle me just how ridiculously different Madden and NCAA could be in interface. I love in-game formation subs; I wished NCAA had them for years. But not having a menu to save them in is ridiculous.

To the earlier discussion about being an RPG, I personally am a fan of implementing RPG concepts into a sports game, but there's a balance that EA titles clearly have not found. XP and leveling is smart. But mini-games and unnecessary goals are time consuming and frustrating. The CH2k series still did that the best.

Rudy
05-29-2015, 04:50 AM
Clint was the former OL EA hired and he's nice on Twitter but I really don't know if he's a video game junkie and knows how to actually fix Madden. His responses sometimes baffle me. Saying they have always been there makes me think he's clueless to our requests and what NCAA had in the past. Where are the NCAA guys on the team to push for this?

Sports games are changing so little sometimes each year that for offline guys an annual purchase isn't a great buy anymore unless you are either hardcover or have lots of money. Madden needs to show me why I should buy it this year. The OL and DT interactions offline have been garbage the last 3 years under Clint and I can't take anymore of the "money" running up the middle and broken sliders. It's been terrible and Clint doesn't even see a problem with my interactions in the past.

jaymo76
05-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Clint was the former OL EA hired and he's nice on Twitter but I really don't know if he's a video game junkie and knows how to actually fix Madden. His responses sometimes baffle me. Saying they have always been there makes me think he's clueless to our requests and what NCAA had in the past. Where are the NCAA guys on the team to push for this?

Sports games are changing so little sometimes each year that for offline guys an annual purchase isn't a great buy anymore unless you are either hardcover or have lots of money. Madden needs to show me why I should buy it this year. The OL and DT interactions offline have been garbage the last 3 years under Clint and I can't take anymore of the "money" running up the middle and broken sliders. It's been terrible and Clint doesn't even see a problem with my interactions in the past.

I take it from this tweet that formation subs are still available in-game only, not from menus as in NCAA:

It is this kind of stuff that makes me consider giving up on Madden altogether...:bang:

Rudy
05-29-2015, 09:57 PM
I begged Clint or anyone to produce a video highlight of a CPU DT shooting a gap and making a TFL on a run play in madden. Guys like Suh are neutered way too much in Madden. The sliders have been ignored for years too.

jaymo76
05-29-2015, 11:39 PM
I begged Clint or anyone to produce a video highlight of a CPU DT shooting a gap and making a TFL on a run play in madden. Guys like Suh are neutered way too much in Madden. The sliders have been ignored for years too.

So Rudy, looks like we Canadians are getting F#$%#d by the man again. On PS4 I see the standard edition of Madden 16 is... $79.99. What the hell!?!?!? That is unbelievable.

steelerfan
05-29-2015, 11:42 PM
So Rudy, looks like we Canadians are getting F#$%#d by the man again. On PS4 I see the standard edition of Madden 16 is... $79.99. What the hell!?!?!? That is unbelievable.
Metric. System.

Rudy
05-30-2015, 03:20 AM
I know the dollar is weak right now but 33% more? That's ridiculous. I'm not paying over $90 after taxes for the game if it's similar to last year which disappointed me on ps4.

CLW
05-30-2015, 08:45 AM
I know the dollar is weak right now but 33% more? That's ridiculous. I'm not paying over $90 after taxes for the game if it's similar to last year which disappointed me on ps4.

Yeah you are getting ripped off a bit. The USD has come back strong since our monies were both basically even. Now, 1 USD = 1.25 Canadian. So you should be paying 25% more but not 33%.

jaymo76
05-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Yeah you are getting ripped off a bit. The USD has come back strong since our monies were both basically even. Now, 1 USD = 1.25 Canadian. So you should be paying 25% more but not 33%.

I will get season pass and check out 6 hours of Madden. Unless blown away I just cannot justify a purchase based on the price and limited updates.

-no formation subs
-no practise roster
-no score ticker
-no restricted free agency
-no weekly wrap up show
-no playable pro bowl
-generic coordinators
-no depth added to free agent offers
-no real player editing abilities
-no additions to owner mode...

Essentially CFM has some tuning done to it. With the exception of more stats at the draft/combine and adding silly RPG goals to each game... what has changed? So I can skip the pre-season... that's a feature now? ... really? ... wow!

Please, please, please let the NCAA guys take over!!! The Madden developers are somewhere between clueless and hopeless. How can the same requests year after year be neglected? How is it that the feature set of 2k5 (11 years later) still has not been matched?

The ship has set sail for madden and as usual the offline/online single player franchise guys have been left behind. When will we learn?

jaymo76
05-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Also looks like the tweets and stories have been removed. I guess immersion was not high on the developers list this year? Strange. I thought the guy from MLB the Show was in charge of CFM this year???

jaymo76
05-30-2015, 03:45 PM
What a disappointment. I lost an hour of my life listening to the press row podcast as he spoke to the Madden CFM guys. What a pointless interview. Normally I like Rich but he refused to ask any of the big tough questions. He never pushed a single issue or challenged anything. He basically read off his script. I understand why he did it but (to keep these people coming back) but don't call it an interview. Call it an infomercial because that is all that it is. Not one hardball was brought up. Not one single topic that even registered as a challenge. I highly recommend people NOT listen to this podcast. I expected better from Rich... :( You cannot claim to represent sports gaming and then do this type of interview.

Rudy
05-30-2015, 03:58 PM
I liked the twitter stuff and stories. Can we edit draft classes? I can't remember if that was in last year or not.

Honestly, if they offered last year's game with a tecmo camera angle I would buy it. The sliders being fixed and the inside running game are huge issues for me. I don't trust Clint to fix this at all. I simply can't purchase the game if simple runs up the middle are close to money plays for 4 years in a row.

JeffHCross
05-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Also looks like the tweets and stories have been removed. I guess immersion was not high on the developers list this year? Strange. I thought the guy from MLB the Show was in charge of CFM this year???I would say yes he is...

cdj
05-30-2015, 06:13 PM
jaymo & JHC - that is correct.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7743/18095087298_9ef6e76ac0_o.png

CLW
05-30-2015, 08:54 PM
I agree that the "features" for CFM are HUGELY disappointing. EA has decided to make this game about online random play and MUT. I'll rent it again from GameFly get the easy :plat: and mail it back.

Marlowe
06-01-2015, 01:10 PM
I've been through 8 seasons of an online league and honestly after the first few seasons the tweets just got repetitive. Doesn't really bother me that they were removed.

I like what they've changed with scouting and development. It was still too easy to draft really good players not to mention developing them in a short span of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skipwondah33
06-01-2015, 01:32 PM
I still think being able to swap out a player from the play call screen is better in Madden than in NCAA.

Can change my formation look on the fly for various formations and don't have to be stuck with a certain look that I set up before the game even started...or have to pause to keep changing.

steelerfan
06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
I still think being able to swap out a player from the play call screen is better in Madden than in NCAA.

Can change my formation look on the fly for various formations and don't have to be stuck with a certain look that I set up before the game even started...or have to pause to keep changing.
That may be the case, I agree.

However, they need both. They won't get me back as long as I have to see starters covering kickoffs. Lame.

skipwondah33
06-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Some teams do have starters covering kicks...:P
I know Seattle does

Nonetheless I get that example..I've always hated that on both games. But Special Team subs wouldn't just solve the issue. I could see the Madden team just allowing that and nothing else.

Definitely needs to be both ways

Maybe if the option was available for the CFM crowd strictly.

Otherwise couldnt see how it could be done in a ranked/unranked game setting. Since the roster file changes weekly

I just know when I play NCAA I always wish I could swap in my speed back or power back whenever the option presents itself.

steelerfan
06-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Some teams do have starters covering kicks...[emoji14]
I know Seattle does

Nonetheless I get that example..I've always hated that on both games. But Special Team subs wouldn't just solve the issue. I could see the Madden team just allowing that and nothing else.

Definitely needs to be both ways

Maybe if the option was available for the CFM crowd strictly.

Otherwise couldnt see how it could be done in a ranked/unranked game setting. Since the roster file changes weekly

I just know when I play NCAA I always wish I could swap in my speed back or power back whenever the option presents itself.

Of course a few starters cover kicks.

But when I played Madden (last time was 12) out infuriated me to have Polamalu, Harrison, Taylor, Clark, Woodley etc on the kickoff team. If for no other reason than to get the backups some stats, it needs to be added.

And, yes, for me Franchise/CFM is what I'm talking about.

As for online, all they have to do is watch the damn games and see who is covering kicks or, for the sake of laziness, make sure the depth chart is used and no #1 is used (or #2 for CB and MLB).

jaymo76
06-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Of course a few starters cover kicks.

But when I played Madden (last time was 12) out infuriated me to have Polamalu, Harrison, Taylor, Clark, Woodley etc on the kickoff team. If for no other reason than to get the backups some stats, it needs to be added.

And, yes, for me Franchise/CFM is what I'm talking about.

As for online, all they have to do is watch the damn games and see who is covering kicks or, for the sake of laziness, make sure the depth chart is used and no #1 is used (or #2 for CB and MLB).

Imagine if NHL 16 didn't have line changes...

Imagine if FIFA 16 didn't have set pieces...

Imagine if MLB The Show 15 didn't have a bullpen...

Imagine if NBA 2K15 didn't have a bench...

Sounds crazy right? Yet somehow Madden 13,14,15,16 all think it's okay not to have formation subs and custom packages. This game can be so bush league at times as compared to what the other sports titles deliver on. Since the goal is MUT and online head-to-head I guess football basics like formation subs and custom packages just are not a priority... :smh::confused::bang::fp:

JeffHCross
06-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Considering that it takes a badly screwed up depth chart on NCAA to have starters covering kicks, that's really odd that Madden has that problem.

GatorfanStovy
06-01-2015, 11:25 PM
I just wish cfm would get more interesting . I've stuck in mut this whole yet very little cfm playing. guess i just get bored with it. takes so long to play a 10 minute quarter game. That i don't have time for .

steelerfan
06-02-2015, 12:43 AM
That i don't have time for .

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/01/e1778f4f24f78a54f6cc3b31e0aca666.jpg

Escobar
06-10-2015, 08:46 AM

Do you not use the right stick to sub/use packages in NCAA?

skipwondah33
06-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Do you not use the right stick to sub/use packages in NCAA?Oh I do use it a good bit...even though it still has that timing delay issue I have experienced the past 2 or so versions. Where you will hold the stick and it doesn't seem to move as responsive or quickly as you would think it would. That is limited though. Like the LB Rush package doesn't put your DE's at the DT spots which I like to do.

Even still what if one of my speed backs is rated rather low and 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. Wouldn't want to have him at the #2 spot because don't want him to be the "swap RB" back in every formation. Don't want to set him as the starting RB in a certain formation because I wouldn't want that all the time of course. I used the Archer example for Pittsburgh. I don't use Archer as the #2 RB, only on spot duty plays..having that luxury is wonderful because I can't keep pausing to set and reorder my depth chart during league games just for a few subs.

The ability to literally have any RB in any formation at any given time is just so much better to me. Not just RB, any position.

Putting a big TE at WR around the endzone, subbing in a lower rated but faster CB at the Nickel spot on CB blitzes, etc.

That last example I use all the time in Madden. William *** is the Nickel CB in my set. He isn't very fast in Madden terms, but Antwon Blake is so I can swap him in on a blitz, then have him right back out in no time in the same or any other formation. He's like the 5th CB on the depth chart based on rating. Of course I put him as 4th on the depth chart but wouldn't matter if he was 102 on the chart, I'd still be able to put him in any formation on the fly

Escobar
06-10-2015, 12:34 PM
I use certain personnel for certain plays/formations so using a combination of the formation subs and right stick subs lets me set everything up just the way I want. I hate how it is in Madden. (Having to set it every game in CFM, not being able to sub someone out for one play quickly like I can in NCAA). I usually already know what play I want to call as soon as the current play ends and if I want to make a quick swap it adds extra time before and after the next play, and sometimes if I pick that play/package at the last minute may run out of time making the sub.

skipwondah33
06-10-2015, 01:02 PM
How do you sub someone out in NCAA for another player? If you want your number 3 RB in or #4 CB, or any sub that you didn't think of before the game you are playing. How do you do that in NCAA without pausing the game?

Sure if you have a predetermined formation sub, but in every game I don't feel the same way about my substitutions and who plays. They literally can change on the fly. That is impossible in NCAA.

The TE at WR example...say in I-Form or Singleback Ace Normal. In NCAA either he is always at the WR spot via formation subs (before the game) or you aren't getting him from that spot without pausing the game am I correct? Even with package subs unless you do the RB to WR option (if available). I use that because maybe I am playing a guy who has short or weak CB's and want him there at that very time during the game or I am running a Toss play to that side.

I have plenty of time playing users who pick their plays fast to make subs. Usually I'll do it the very first play on Defense for all the formations I can think of at the time. So that shows you how fast it can be done. And I have ALOT of Defensive formations and still get my play called.

Since we play our League via unranked games, every game is a new game. There isn't a need to have subs carried over game after game say because of injuries, etc.

The game should have both options, maybe for the CFM crowd. But I much rather prefer the method they have over that one if push came to shove. Setting and leaving without having the ability to change what you have already done without pausing of course... leaves little flexibility IMO.

jaymo76
06-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Oh I do use it a good bit...even though it still has that timing delay issue I have experienced the past 2 or so versions. Where you will hold the stick and it doesn't seem to move as responsive or quickly as you would think it would. That is limited though. Like the LB Rush package doesn't put your DE's at the DT spots which I like to do.

Even still what if one of my speed backs is rated rather low and 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. Wouldn't want to have him at the #2 spot because don't want him to be the "swap RB" back in every formation. Don't want to set him as the starting RB in a certain formation because I wouldn't want that all the time of course. I used the Archer example for Pittsburgh. I don't use Archer as the #2 RB, only on spot duty plays..having that luxury is wonderful because I can't keep pausing to set and reorder my depth chart during league games just for a few subs.

The ability to literally have any RB in any formation at any given time is just so much better to me. Not just RB, any position.

Putting a big TE at WR around the endzone, subbing in a lower rated but faster CB at the Nickel spot on CB blitzes, etc.

That last example I use all the time in Madden. William *** is the Nickel CB in my set. He isn't very fast in Madden terms, but Antwon Blake is so I can swap him in on a blitz, then have him right back out in no time in the same or any other formation. He's like the 5th CB on the depth chart based on rating. Of course I put him as 4th on the depth chart but wouldn't matter if he was 102 on the chart, I'd still be able to put him in any formation on the fly

An excellent description as to why formation subs are a must for football games. I just don't get why EA/Tiburon doesn't get this???

Rudy
06-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Because all EA cares about is head to head and formation subs could lead to cheese and is not a factor for their bottom line.

Every decision they make is based on 1) will this feature earn me more money and 2) how will it boost online numbers and profit from MUT? The offline gamer and cpu logic has been an after thought for a long time. There is no money in Micro transactions offline so it gets the shaft . There is no excuse for how horrible cpu qb AI is or how poor offline tendencies are. It's about allocating resources and focus and EA stopped caring about the offline gamer a long time ago.

I've about had it with their direction the last few years. Madden 16 officially is listed at $79.99 in Canada and with tax it's a hair over $90. If I don't see real improvements for me I will be voting with my wallet. I have rejected EA football titles in the past. They will have to earn my money this year.

skipwondah33
06-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Both of those are both correct, though don't think cheese is a factor that formation subs aren't in. Just like NCAA I'd assume there would be limits on who could play what position. Granted I'm sure if there is a way then yes someone would find a way to abuse it heavily.

Think the main reason is that since the online roster changes so frequently it would wreck formation subs and you would find yourself doing them over and over and over on a weekly basis. Now of course that is just the ranked/unranked online only crowd.

That is why I said to put the option in for the CFM crowd. They aren't affected by the roster updates weekly, so if it could be implemented for that and offline it probably wouldn't be an issue.

SCClassof93
06-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Because all EA cares about is head to head and formation subs could lead to cheese and is not a factor for their bottom line.

Every decision they make is based on 1) will this feature earn me more money and 2) how will it boost online numbers and profit from MUT? The offline gamer and cpu logic has been an after thought for a long time. There is no money in Micro transactions offline so it gets the shaft . There is no excuse for how horrible cpu qb AI is or how poor offline tendencies are. It's about allocating resources and focus and EA stopped caring about the offline gamer a long time ago.

I've about had it with their direction the last few years. Madden 16 officially is listed at $79.99 in Canada and with tax it's a hair over $90. If I don't see real improvements for me I will be voting with my wallet. I have rejected EA football titles in the past. They will have to earn my money this year.

Plus 1

CLW
06-12-2015, 08:28 AM
Plus 1

Yeah its pretty clear EA does not care about the single player experience any longer. It's all about random online play, MUT, FUT, NUT, etc....

Madden remains GameFly rental for a few weeks get the EASY :plat: and mail the thing back.

skipwondah33
06-12-2015, 08:54 AM
That's been the case really since online gaming started to grow. It has just picked up more and more since 2003. It should be no surprise since the majority buy this game to play online.

Playing the CPU is never a fun experience in any sports game I don't believe, though the immersion part is what some may go for over that.

SCClassof93
06-12-2015, 09:35 AM
That's been the case really since online gaming started to grow. It has just picked up more and more since 2003. It should be no surprise since the majority buy this game to play online.

Playing the CPU is never a fun experience in any sports game I don't believe, though the immersion part is what some may go for over that.

More would go for play against the cpu if they would work on the ai. Try mlb15 skip it is great.

skipwondah33
06-12-2015, 09:55 AM
More would go for play against the cpu if they would work on the ai. Try mlb15 skip it is great.That needs continual work in general though because even that plays a factor in user vs user games, that's why I always preach for Gameplay/AI improvements over all every single version. I don't care for much else...lighting, visuals, camera angles, draft process, player likeness, sliders...none of that. AI, physics, ball and throw trajectories especially..basically anything that plays a part in the actual playing of the game.

If they ever fixed things like the below video I'd be tickled and liable to buy everyone who wanted a copy of the game on here one. So I apologize if I don't care for anything that everyone else cares about lol. Just let me throw to the damn pylon or where my guy only has a chance for once when I try to.

https://youtu.be/bC6SyYu61W4

I haven't been into a baseball game honestly since Nintendo probably. Or I should say I haven't purchased one since. I have heard good things about it though. Do rubix cube combinations need to be done to the sliders to enjoy CPU games?

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Not really. Quite a few people on OS and The Show forums play fresh out of the box with default sliders and enjoy the game. Even if you need to edit sliders, it won't take a ton of tweaks.

steelerfan
06-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Not really. Quite a few people on OS and The Show forums play fresh out of the box with default sliders and enjoy the game. Even if you need to edit sliders, it won't take a ton of tweaks.
But sliders can make a big difference. I know Rudy complains that he doesn't get CPU hitters to strikeout reaching for pitches out of the zone. I do. I get them looking, reaching and swinging at garbage inside.

However, the game is not bad out of the box, as you said.

psusnoop
06-12-2015, 05:49 PM
So Madden and NCAA take all the good they have and split it between the 2 and never use them together? I could say this is for all EA games. Why not gain a concept, implement it for all and build from that foundation?

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2015, 07:34 PM
But sliders can make a big difference. I know Rudy complains that he doesn't get CPU hitters to strikeout reaching for pitches out of the zone. I do. I get them looking, reaching and swinging at garbage inside.

However, the game is not bad out of the box, as you said.

Oh definitely, you can really change how the game plays with the sliders. And unlike Madden, the sliders really work! You can notice the difference in gameplay when changing various sliders. But yeah, I was just mentioning that some play it straight out of the box with no slider changes, because they have done a great job on the game and it doesn't play bad at all out of the box if you decide to go that route. It won't take weeks and months of slider tweeking and retweeking to try and find the perfect slider set like it does with Madden.

Rudy
06-12-2015, 07:41 PM
I haven't played the show 15 so I can't comment on cpu plate discipline but in the past I felt the CPU was too disciplined on balls outside the zone - mainly breaking ball stuff. I'd like to see less control and discipline on the junk. I could get the CPU to chase with 2 strikes but too many batters had unbelievable eyes early in the count. The free swingers should be swinging more and bad ball hitters should be represented more - guys like Vlad used to be. Some guys just don't walk much and swing at a lot.

That said, playing the CPU in baseball is a lot more fun than playing a human imo. And basketball games can be good too. It's only disappointing in football because the ai is so bad.

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2015, 07:50 PM
You got a point there. I have had some serious fun playing games against the CPU in both NBA 2K and MLB The Show. After a ton of slider tweaks, I was able to finally enjoy games against the CPU in NCAA to keep my dynasty rolling along.

Madden, I don't know, I've never been able to string together a couple games in a row against the CPU that I enjoyed. I would always end up simming games and going through seasons acting like a GM trying to improve the team through trades, free agency and the draft, rather than actually play the games.

skipwondah33
06-12-2015, 07:54 PM
I didn't care much for games in 2K against cpu. Haven't played it since 2K14 though. I'd much rather play users in all. Nothing like that human element of someone messing up. I really hate messing with sliders. Usually just set to hardest difficulty and play it.

It's rather impossible in NCAA and Madden to play both on default Heisman and All-Madden. They both predict what you will run and you won't stop or sack them for the world. Luckily that's a thing of the past in Madden for me since not in CFM league for a bit

jaymo76
06-12-2015, 08:07 PM
So here is the fundamental difference between EA Tiburon and EA Canada (Vancouver)... EA Canada listens to its customers and makes changes accordingly. Case in point: a few weeks ago it was announced that player editing was not a priority for NHL 16. The OS forums went nuts and now it has been announced that editing will be available in ALL modes and AHL games will be playable again.

Contrast the above with Madden.
* Formation subs... no
* weekly wrap-up... no
* custom packages... no
* draft board... no
* practise roster... no
* in-game score ticker... no
* editable rosters in CFM... no
* cpu vs cpu... no

etc. etc. etc.

EA Canada tries to make a game that players want to play while Tiburon makes a game and expects us to play it the way they want us to play it. EA Canada has its flaws no doubt but at least they listen to what the customer wants. When was the last time you heard someone who plays madden say, "man I wish the game had a goal tracking ticker on the screen"?

steelerfan
06-12-2015, 09:40 PM
To be clear, Rudy, the results in being on MLB15 are the same as MLB14.

I use Quick Counts though so maybe that is why I don't share your frustration.

Rudy
06-13-2015, 04:57 AM
To be clear, Rudy, the results in being on MLB15 are the same as MLB14.

I use Quick Counts though so maybe that is why I don't share your frustration.

It's not a huge frustration, just a minor one. There isn't any one area where the Show is bad at. They are mediocre to great in every area.

And skip, if you don't like sliders then Madden vs cpu is terrible. I can't think of a worse sports game on default sliders than EA football. In the Show you don't have to make crazy changes. In Madden you will use 0 and 100 and still be pissed off at things since the sliders have sucked for awhile. Look at all the sliders nba 2k gives you. Then look at live and they had zero! As an offline gamer sliders are often the difference between loving and hating a game. Some EA developers need to get their head out of their ass in this area.

steelerfan
06-13-2015, 05:20 AM
It's not a huge frustration, just a minor one. There isn't any one area where the Show is bad at. They are mediocre to great in every area.

And skip, if you don't like sliders then Madden vs cpu is terrible. I can't think of a worse sports game on default sliders than EA football. In the Show you don't have to make crazy changes. In Madden you will use 0 and 100 and still be pissed off at things since the sliders have sucked for awhile. Look at all the sliders nba 2k gives you. Then look at live and they had zero! As an offline gamer sliders are often the difference between loving and hating a game. Some EA developers need to get their head out of their ass in this area.
You will use 0 and 100 and still be pissed. Truer words!

And yeah, it is awfully vain to release a sports title with no sliders. Ridiculous.

Rudy
06-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Shopmaster on the scouting and draft changes. Scouting REALLY simplified and I understand it. I did love doing it last year - more than actually playing the game because I really worked and found some good players. It was a lot of time and this makes it easier for everyone although some hardcore fans will be disappointed - possibly me.

One big change is you have to scout every week. You can't just wait until the end and I do like that change.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2015/06/11/madden-16-cfm-initial-impressions-before-e3-part-2-scouting-and-drafting/

ram29jackson
06-13-2015, 01:10 PM

there isn't any problem or issue,its a toy company that makes games for children. Games are for fun and amusement,they've accomplished the goal

steelerfan
06-13-2015, 01:15 PM
there isn't any problem or issue,its a toy company that makes games for children. Games are for fun and amusement,they've accomplished the goal
Exactly.

If the games weren't for children and weren't toys, we wouldn't need mama to buy them for us. Right, ram?

skipwondah33
06-13-2015, 01:36 PM

Rudy I don't play CPU or offline CFM. I was just talking about in the past when I was in Franchises that weren't full...some by design and the CPU had to be played. Notably in a Fantasy keeper league that had to move to CFM when Create-a-team online unranked game ability was taken away.

If I'm playing Madden it is ALWAYS against another user. Whether its a league game or just pick up game against someone. I only play ranked games when I want to try a new PB or plays/team.

Can't say I've played more than 10-15 games the past 10 versions combined against CPU. Playing the CPU is horrid in both Madden and NCAA..unless in the latter you have the Davenci Code of slider configuration lol. And it has been in both for quite a while.

Escobar
06-14-2015, 03:02 PM
How do you sub someone out in NCAA for another player? If you want your number 3 RB in or #4 CB, or any sub that you didn't think of before the game you are playing. How do you do that in NCAA without pausing the game?
The TE at WR example...say in I-Form or Singleback Ace Normal. In NCAA either he is always at the WR spot via formation subs (before the game) or you aren't getting him from that spot without pausing the game am I correct? I use that because maybe I am playing a guy who has short or weak CB's and want him there at that very time during the game or I am running a Toss play to that side.

As far as the 3 RB or 4CB I see what you are saying, but I guess I've been playing NCAA so long that I setup my depth chart to where I don't have that problem. Usually my 1RB is a combination speed/power, my 2RB is speed regardless of his OVR, and 3RB could be my powerback or he could not even be on my depth chart. I rarely use a power back so I formation sub him in in anticipation of where I think I will use him, or use my right stick sub to put in my FB since I use running FB's (H-Backs).

The TE at WR in ACE/Singleback Normal and I-Form Normal, there is a right stick sub that is called TE Flanker. It will put your TE1 at the right flanker/WR spot. I used that switch all the time in goal line situations to throw a fade route.

Escobar
06-14-2015, 03:07 PM
So Madden and NCAA take all the good they have and split it between the 2 and never use them together? I could say this is for all EA games. Why not gain a concept, implement it for all and build from that foundation?

This is actually the philosophy they had on PS2, or it could have been lack of resources. NCAA and Madden on PS2 played pretty similar except NCAA had a wide open feel/more chances for big plays. EA thought there wasn't enough separation between the two games so on PS3 they started having them develop in different ways, which led me to stop playing Madden. Towards the end I believe that more people felt that NCAA was the better game, which EA did not like. That plus the names lawsuit led the them scrapping NCAA and putting most of the dev team on Madden. Which is why we have started seeing Madden gameplay improve. Last year was the first year since 2006-2008 that I actually bought/played Madden. Of course it felt more like NCAA than the previous versions, especially since they added the majority of the NCAA sideline catches.

jaymo76
06-14-2015, 04:27 PM
This is actually the philosophy they had on PS2, or it could have been lack of resources. NCAA and Madden on PS2 played pretty similar except NCAA had a wide open feel/more chances for big plays. EA thought there wasn't enough separation between the two games so on PS3 they started having them develop in different ways, which led me to stop playing Madden. Towards the end I believe that more people felt that NCAA was the better game, which EA did not like. That plus the names lawsuit led the them scrapping NCAA and putting most of the dev team on Madden. Which is why we have started seeing Madden gameplay improve. Last year was the first year since 2006-2008 that I actually bought/played Madden. Of course it felt more like NCAA than the previous versions, especially since they added the majority of the NCAA sideline catches.

I was with you up until the part about madden gameplay improving. I would say in some areas it has taken a big step back. Outside of 05 I would say Madden 10 was the most complete game experience both on and off the field. Robo QB's, borked OL lineplay, speed and acceleration issues, pshycic DB play, and phyics which defy human nature... are still staples to Madden's gameplay. It really goes back to Rudy's point that the single player offline experience is dying a slow, agonizing death. Online and MUT are priorities 1 and 2. :(

steelerfan
06-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Correction.

MUT is priority 1.

JeffHCross
06-14-2015, 06:27 PM
So Madden and NCAA take all the good they have and split it between the 2 and never use them together? I could say this is for all EA games. Why not gain a concept, implement it for all and build from that foundation?The Tiburon team tried to share resources between the two games, in example the gameplay team was really shared between the two, but there was a lot of rework done IMO.

Also, the amount of rework done/not shared between Canada and Tiburon would probably be mind boggling.

Rudy
06-14-2015, 06:35 PM
I think we'd all love to have NCAA next Gen.

I am an easy sale for EA and madden. Just don't screw me over too many years in a row. Honestly if the sliders were much improved and I had a customizable camera those features would guarantee a purchase from me.

How hard is it to have good sliders? Seriously? If you aren't going to fix the dumb cpu ai just give me good sliders to tune the game better. It would help quite a bit.

JeffHCross
06-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Shopmaster on the scouting and draft changes. Scouting REALLY simplified and I understand it. I did love doing it last year - more than actually playing the game because I really worked and found some good players. It was a lot of time and this makes it easier for everyone although some hardcore fans will be disappointed - possibly me.

One big change is you have to scout every week. You can't just wait until the end and I do like that change.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2015/06/11/madden-16-cfm-initial-impressions-before-e3-part-2-scouting-and-drafting/Speaking of rework... the fact that there are requested features (like a draft board) that were in NFL Head Coach but still haven't made their way to Madden is infuriating.

jaymo76
06-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Speaking of rework... the fact that there are requested features (like a draft board) that were in NFL Head Coach but still haven't made their way to Madden is infuriating.

Draft boards, formation subs, score ticker... it's all the same. If they cannot turn a profit from micro-transactions then it's not important to the Tiburon team.

steelerfan
06-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Draft boards, formation subs, score ticker... it's all the same. If they cannot turn a profit from micro-transactions then it's not important to the Tiburon team.
Maybe they could sell draft boards, formation subs and the like to us offliners. :D

jaymo76
06-14-2015, 09:58 PM
Maybe they could sell draft boards, formation subs and the like to us offliners. :D

Sad thing is I would pay more to have all those things... because I am so deperate to have a complete football game. Tecmo Super Bowl, NFL 2k3, 2k5 and Madden 05 offered that complete immersion experience. Playing Tecmo in the early 90's I fgured in 20 years the games would be "real." 20 years later I would kill to have some of the features from those previous games...

curtisleondouglas
06-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Do they have the chain gang in this years Madden 16

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jaymo76
06-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Do they have the chain gang in this years Madden 16

Doubtful as it has not been mentioned thus far.

curtisleondouglas
06-22-2015, 05:17 PM
OK thanks I hope they do

jaymo76
06-22-2015, 05:31 PM
OK thanks I hope they do

I would like to see it too but Tiburon tends not to focus on little things like that so in all honesty I would not expect to see it back for a long, long time.

jaymo76
06-22-2015, 07:42 PM
In searching a bit on the net it seems there are still a lot of issues that will drive people nuts...

1. The screen play still gets blown up
2. QB accuracy is still far too high for cpu AI
3. OL blocking still defies loigc on blitz plays
4. No word on auto subs working correctly in CFM
5. No way to adjust special teams players (no subs still)

From the CFM standpoint...

According to some of the game changers, the Tiburon team wants to know what changes people would like to see adressed in CFM over the next couple of years... so if you are a CFM person and you didn't like last year you may wish to skip this year's offering???

Jayrah
06-22-2015, 08:41 PM
In searching a bit on the net it seems there are still a lot of issues that will drive people nuts...

1. The screen play still gets blown up
2. QB accuracy is still far too high for cpu AI
3. OL blocking still defies loigc on blitz plays
4. No word on auto subs working correctly in CFM
5. No way to adjust special teams players (no subs still)

From the CFM standpoint...

According to some of the game changers, the Tiburon team wants to know what changes people would like to see addressed in CFM over the next couple of years... so if you are a CFM person and you didn't like last year you may wish to skip this year's offering???
Good observations. I don't necessarily disagree with any of them but I do have a couple thoughts.

1. RB Screen play is feast or famine, WR screens are much lower success rate. IMO would be different with better blocking physics. Eventually would like to see a blocking trait added to each position to determine how often they are able to get where they are supposed to be to make the block. Ratings for both the blocker and the defender would then take over to determine the outcome of the block.

Again I'm going deep on this but I really think we're finally at the point now where deep-diving into traits and ratings and fixing blocking (not necessarily the schemes but the way each individual player aligns and approaches the block based on their abilities is going to separate good from great. Graphics are stunning, player models are solid for the most part and while physics still need some work to be game-changing, they are at least up to par. So the next step is installing a system to make each player act individually based purely on ratings, traits and size to create more realistic momentum and outcomes.

2: QB accuracy is still high but I am waiting to see a quarterback on a higher level, one that (hopefully) will take more shots down the field. Right now all we've seen has been quarterbacks dinking and dunking. I don't have a huge problem with high pct. in that type of offense and I think once ppl get a hold of the "play the receiver" concept as opposed to going for the interception every time we could see a slight decline in AI completions. Really need to see the different quarterbacks play differently and beyond just taking off and scrambling once I get my hands on the game though.

3: ... and on screens and in general.

4: I believe I heard before E3 by one of the devs that auto subs won't be any different than in years past, which is disappointing.

5: Also disappointing.

I didn't care for last year's experience. However they at least touched on some things that I was looking for so I think this year will be much more enjoyable. WR/DB interaction and physics were my biggest gameplay issues for the past 3 seasons and beyond while scouting, drafting and the clunky and difficult-to-navigate layout of menus were my biggest concerns on CFM.

Rudy
07-07-2015, 08:55 PM
They are eliminating the awareness hit when changing positions. So now you can swap guys without penalty. Not sure I like that since football instincts ate different. I'd like to see the hit be different depending on the switch. I'd like to be able to list multiple positions that players can play at to help out.

jaymo76
07-07-2015, 09:23 PM
They are eliminating the awareness hit when changing positions. So now you can swap guys without penalty. Not sure I like that since football instincts ate different. I'd like to see the hit be different depending on the switch. I'd like to be able to list multiple positions that players can play at to help out.

The awareness hit wasn't the problem... move a player and awareness should drop a little. The problem was when you moved him back to his original position there is another huge drop. That happened to a late 1st round CB. He was like a 75ovr or something and I wanted to see how he looked at Safety... dropped to 70 so I moved him back to CB and he plunged to 64 ovr and no confidence. That made no sense...

Rudy
07-08-2015, 04:53 AM
That's because his awareness took a double hit. Now that won't happen. Move him back and he will be a 75 again.

GatorfanStovy
07-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Still Sucks we won't see a real draft experience in recruiting and pro days and combine work outs.

jaymo76
07-18-2015, 03:38 PM
http://www.ranker.com/list/top-requested-madden-16-cfm-features-or-fixes/shopmaster

Encourage you to do the survey from Shop.

thatBuckeye
07-18-2015, 04:28 PM
Still Sucks we won't see a real draft experience in recruiting and pro days and combine work outs.

I could see possibly sometime down the road. But I don't see them creating whole new game modes (essentially) that are only used inside cfm anytime soon. Best chance for those is skill trainer-like option.

I'm mobile son

GatorfanStovy
07-18-2015, 07:12 PM
I could see possibly sometime down the road. But I don't see them creating whole new game modes (essentially) that are only used inside cfm anytime soon. Best chance for those is skill trainer-like option.

I'm mobile son

I'm not talking about a whole new game mode. More like a new section in CFM and video clips for the draft. Also for Superstar mode it would be fun to go threw the draft process in combine work out , pro day work outs and then team interviews and such just to spice it up before the season instead of just sim threw... I think It would be a fun idea. Superstar really needs a boost . I try it every but just never play it very long

thatBuckeye
07-18-2015, 07:24 PM
I'm not talking about a whole new game mode. More like a new section in CFM and video clips for the draft. Also for Superstar mode it would be fun to go threw the draft process in combine work out , pro day work outs and then team interviews and such just to spice it up before the season instead of just sim threw... I think It would be a fun idea. Superstar really needs a boost . I try it every but just never play it very long

Phyaically going through the combine workouts would require a game "mode" to be built since there is nothing like that in the game now. Interviews and stuff would be cool as long as it's not like NBA 2K, those are TERRIBLE imo.

I'm mobile son