PDA

View Full Version : football and friends

ram29jackson
09-04-2010, 01:30 AM
forgive me if this in the wrong spot but it involves football and I wanted the reaction of the most members to see this.

High school football game. I have a friend with a neighbor who's son made his high school football team. Tonight I was invited to see the game. My friend is an avid football fan- and a Nebraska fan haha. He is very knowledgeable about the game of football. Its small school stuff. the guys aren't that big and probably only know like 20 plays or something.
it became evident after a while that they had the most success running the ball. The other team appeared pound for pound smaller than the team we were supporting. Every time our team, Charter Oak would try to pass or the QB would scramble they would fumble or turn the ball over. But every run netted 5 yards or more. The 2 lineman for Charter Oak- number 66 and 64 were obviously doing a good job against Glendora's defensive line.
In the 3rd quarter my friend was audibly yelling -RUN THE BALL- A few times. LOL
at some point the coach actually turned and around and was looking at my friend. I guess it upset him haha. I personally would have never turned around because I know this can happen or I would have stolen the advice haha. A little later a dark haired lady comes by and says " excuse me,excuse me" .
My friend turned to her and she took a picture with her phone and walked away.

Our friends wife( mother of the boy on the team) said that that woman was the coaches wife LOL.

I guess they are so paranoid or controlling that they think its some major problem haha.

he wasnt yelling insults or threatening anyone. Just a supporter in the stands.
I will admit He does have the sense of humor that likes getting under peoples skin a bit.
But the coach and his wife seem the type that are easy to make fun from a Ferris Bueller movie or something. We were just having fun but some people take things way too seriously.

side note- these guys have been practicing all summer but Charter oak lost like five kids tonight to cramps or small injuries while the other team had no player problems what so ever

ram29jackson
09-04-2010, 02:02 PM
gee whiz guys :) I honestly thought you would find this amusing. Or am I just a post whore ?:dunno:

I certainly hope not :)

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Dude, it's Saturday. Practically everyone's watching the games.

ram29jackson
09-04-2010, 02:32 PM
:)....the Nebraska game isnt for another 3 hours....:D

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
So? Ohio State played Thursday, but I'm watching everybody today. Watched Florida struggle against Miami U., now I'm gonna flip between Notre Dame-Purdue and UConn-Michigan.

ram29jackson
09-04-2010, 02:38 PM
ND out of tunnel and heeaar weee gooo!!!

ram29jackson
09-07-2010, 06:22 PM
it gets dumber-

Saturday- we found out that after the game the coaches pull the son in and ask him- who was that guy/ they said he was yelling insults and cussing. And if he starts anymore trouble they might kick the kid off the team. the kid said the coach was babbling about being a coach for 12 years and know what he is doing etc.

what a load of bull. All my friend ever yelled was - Run the ball-

and they involving the kid in this when he has nothing to with it. just pathetic. I guess some teachers think the world is their students and they have control over them. Just very dumb all around.

JeffHCross
09-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Yep, that sounds like a case of ego gone wild.

It's also possible the coach heard something else from the stands and thought it was your friend.

ram29jackson
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Yep, that sounds like a case of ego gone wild.

It's also possible the coach heard something else from the stands and thought it was your friend.

haha I honestly doubt that. My friend was like a coach in his head set haha

JeffHCross
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
haha I honestly doubt that. My friend was like a coach in his head set hahaHaha. Well, what I mean is that maybe someone else was cursing and the coach just assumed it was coming from your friend, since he was otherwise being very vocal.

ram29jackson
09-08-2010, 09:03 PM
and in other news my friends nephew/ son ( I know the whole family)

plays def. end for a division 2 school in west virginia- but busted his ACL-LCL in the first game- damnit.