PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11: Live Tuning Pack & Title Update #3 Available

JBHuskers
09-03-2010, 03:55 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?271-Live-Tuning-Pack-3-and-Title-Update-3-will-be-available-on-Tuesday-September-9th

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/BerryTiburon.jpg
NCAA Football 11 developers Russ Kiniry & Jordan Peterson have posted a new blog at the official NCAA Football website detailing the third title update and Live Tuning Package #3 (http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=Patch3), expected to be available Tuesday, September 7.

Hi NCAA Football Fans,

Ready for some more NCAA Football news? Well this blog has exactly what you are looking for. More fixes, tweaks, and tuning in the form of another Title Update and the release of Live Tuning Pack 3, to continue and improve NCAA Football 11. Both of these items will be coming to you on Tuesday (9/7). Now the details:

Title Update 3 (TU3)

- The pump fake exploit was resolved. The entire defense will no longer rush the QB after a pump fake.
- Resolved an issue with setting SS/ FS to QB Spy and then blitzing, virtually unblocked.
- Increased the Overall rating for incoming freshman. This resulted in one and two star freshman coming in at a higher overall rating.
- In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.
- There was an issue with Hawaii's home schedule causing conflicts with particular teams. This has been resolved. In particular, teams in the Pac 10 and the WAC will now have the correct number of conference games.
- Resolved an issue with the Rush Defense slider where they were only impacting defensive line special moves. They have been adjusted to also impact win/loss chances for blocking.

Live Tuning Pack 3 (LTP3)

- Kick Power/Kick Accuracy progression for Kickers and Punters was adjusted to be in line with the new incoming freshmen. Kickers and punters will now progress in line with other players, but will start with a higher average overall due to the improved recruit ratings in the patch.
- Increased Awareness progression for all positions.
- Increased progression slightly for Elusiveness, Spin Move, and Juke Move for Wide Receivers.
- Increased progression of the Tackle rating for Corner Backs to be in line with WR skill ratings (Juke, Spin, and Elusiveness).
- Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
- Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before.
- Adjusted in season progression to be in line with higher rated incoming freshmen.
- Tuned Incoming freshman to better match the spread on the default rosters.
- Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen.

While tuning Dynasty this year, I've received a lot of help along the way from Jordan Peterson, who recently joined the Design team. Since he has been focusing on all the details of the latest Live Tuning Pack I'm going to have him pass along the information of what you are going to see going forward. So Jordan... How do all of these changes impact Dynasty?

Thanks for the introduction, Russ. The most obvious adjustment is that the recruits are now in line with the freshmen on the default rosters. This allows for progression in line to our original objectives, without creating too many high rated players in the first three years or, conversely, too few in later years of dynasty.

Below is a count of the number of players at each Overall rating. The top graph displays results from ship, the second from LTP2 and the third is from TU3/LTP3. The red line indicates the default roster, while the remaining blue and green lines represent subsequent years. Most importantly you can see that number of players between 40 and 60 overall have decreased significantly, while the number of players between 60 and 80 has increased.

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/NCAA_Football_11/patch3/2.jpg

The table below is a breakdown of the average number of teams at each rating several years into dynasty, compared between ship, post LTP 1 and LTP3. With the increase to the overall ratings for the lower tier of recruits, and tuning progression, we have achieved our target for Team Overall Grades. Based on results from launch, our target was to create an even distribution between B and D rated teams, while slightly increasing the number of A and C rated teams. LTP1 was an improvement, but did not completely achieve our goal, as LTP3 does.

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/NCAA_Football_11/patch3/3.jpg

Below is the updated numbers of the Average Overall Chart we showed with LTP1. You can see that on average (this is the result of many simulations) our Average Overalls did not change all that much for most teams from LTP1 to LTP3. We were able to use the new Recruits and integrate them into the Dynasties while keeping a balance between the low and high prestige teams. Please note that depending upon the multitude of factors in dynasty; you may see some significant variance in a team's overall rating.

There are a few things to keep in mind when looking at a team's overall. Most importantly are the factors that influence recruiting. Did the team recruit every position needed? Did they win, or lose, important recruiting battles? What was their record? Did they win or lose any bowl games? Has their team prestige increased or decreased? These are just a handful of questions to ask yourself as you look at the team overalls in your dynasty sims. Because of the significant amount of potential variance, we always tune based upon averages while keeping an eye upon both extremes.

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/NCAA_Football_11/patch3/4.jpg

In an earlier Live Tuning Pack, we addressed the low end of the spread for Kickers and Punters by increasing their progression. Now, with the bottom half of the recruits increased to be in line with rosters, we were able to tune Kicker/Punter progression with greater accuracy. The table below displays the average Kick Power for Kickers and Punters for Recruits on the shipped disc (top section), compared to Recruits in LTP 3 (bottom section).

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/NCAA_Football_11/patch3/5.jpg

That wraps up the Dynasty summary for the Title Update and Live Tuning Pack 3. Thanks once again for your continued support and feedback.

Thanks for the details, Jordan. Most of these changes come directly from community feedback. Our goal is to continue and improve NCAA 11 Football as much as possible for you, the fan. Please continue to post and let us know what you think on our forums. I'll be lurking around there, and other fan sites, to see what you think about the latest updates, so don't be shy. Thanks again for your support and we hope you are enjoying the start of the College Football Season. Go Canes!

-Russ Kiniry
Designer
NCAA Football

Rudy
09-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't understand. Those overall rating charts constantly show that the overall ratings of teams drop in those head to head breakdowns compared to the default rosters. They do seem better but still aren't as high as the default ratings. Still only 1 A+ team and 1 A team down the road which is too low. Not a big deal to me if the teams all remain relative to each other (if they all drop 3 points it's no big deal) but I think most people want to know if the depth charts got fixed and the cpu is using the correct people.

I am very happy to see they fixed the rush defense slider. I'm hoping we can finetune the cpu run game a lot better but I'm not really looking forward to playing with sliders after settling on my last set.

Toning down man coverage is good because it might make zone coverage more relevant. Any info on that?

JeffHCross
09-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't understand. Those overall rating charts constantly show that the overall ratings of teams drop in those head to head breakdowns compared to the default rosters. They do seem better but still aren't as high as the default ratings.I think the central problem is that simulating the jump that the default rosters have between a player's Freshman and Sophomore seasons is still beyond what the game simulates. I bet if I did a comparison between NCAA 10 and NCAA 11, you'd see massive gains in OVR for a lot of impact Freshmen. And, as far as I've ever seen ... this doesn't happen in NCAA ... ever.

As you said, I think teams staying in stride relative to each other is the best we'll ever have.

mundo
09-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I like the continued tweaking. I wonder when the new ratings for freshman actually impact the game. For example, I just started a season in my dynasty and loaded my board. Are those recruits already set on rating or will the rating be impacted once they hit the roster at the end of the season?

Edit: I also wonder what the net impact is on man coverage (has the effectiveness been reduced more?) and any impact on zone.

steelerfan
09-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I believe, mundo, that the ratings are embedded within the class when the recruits are generated. If that's right, the ratings of your first class wouldn't be affected by this.

JeffHCross
09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Steeler's right. The recruits ratings do not fluctuate once the class is generated at the beginning of the season.

CLW
09-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Wish I had known this about 1 day sooner. I just started my 3rd season of my Duke dynasty. Would have preferred to start it post patch 3 but now I'll just put it on hold and wait the patch/tuning update and find another set of sliders.

Anyone know if the in-season progression will take affect if you are "in the middle" (Week 3) of the season or if it will wait until you start a new year?

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 12:51 PM
In season progression should start as soon as the patch hits.

CLW
09-04-2010, 01:35 PM
In season progression should start as soon as the patch hits.

Cool obviously the recruiting stuff won't kick in until the next season.

baseballplyrmvp
09-05-2010, 09:22 PM
hopefully in season progression wont be overdone, but i hope it wont be like last year's where your players would only progress 1-2 points over the course of the season.

i know it wasnt mentioned, but i hope they will slightly turn down the ability for cpu qb's to get off perfect passes when they're about to get hit. it just seems that whenever i blitz (doesnt matter if its from the throwing side or from the blindside), the cpu will always get off the throw. it kinda makes blitzing pointless knowing that no matter how many guys you bring, you'll never get to the qb fast enough, unless you take a running start. i can still get sacks, but they're almost always coverage sacks or when the cpu calls a playaction pass.

i'd also like to see the better players win more during interations, like if you have a 90+ ovr d-end going up against a low 70's tackle, your d-end should be getting into the backfield all day (and vice versa obviously). to me, it doesnt seem like the better player (offensive or defensive) wins enough when there is a big disparity in the ratings. i know this is mostly dependant on specific ratings, but the better athlete should win the majority of the time, imo.

Rudy
09-06-2010, 06:07 AM
I hope players only progress 1-2 points during the season or if it's more than that they really tone down the progression at the beginning of the year. Because their charts still show teams declining in ability I'm guessing the overall improvement just got split between the two so it shouldn't be an issue. I REALLY hope nothing gets broken because I highly doubt there will be a 4th patch.

Rudy
09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Anybody know exactly what time these will be available? I think last time one of the two was released early in the morning. Not sure if I should wait to read impressions first in case there is a big bug or just download it right away.

CLW
09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Anybody know exactly what time these will be available? I think last time one of the two was released early in the morning. Not sure if I should wait to read impressions first in case there is a big bug or just download it right away.

LOL its EA man, I ALWAYS take a wait and see approach just in case they somehow manage to implode people's PS3s.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 03:17 PM
LOL its EA man, I ALWAYS take a wait and see approach just in case they somehow manage to implode people's PS3s.

:rolleyes:

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 03:28 PM

I'll have PLENTY of time to wait and read impressions. With NHL 11 coming out tomorrow, NCAA is going back onto my "hold" pile while I play the hell out of NHL over the next week+ before eventually going back to NCAA to continue working on my Navy dyansty.

cdj
09-06-2010, 06:11 PM

I would guess around the same time. Given that we're coming off a holiday weekend, it may even be later in the day.

cdj
09-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Game update now available on PS3, 360 later today.

Live Tuning Pack expected to be available after both systems receive game update.

AustinWolv
09-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Anybody pull it down yet?

CLW
09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Anybody pull it down yet?

I got the game update but not the tuning patch. Haven't played any games yet.

AustinWolv
09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Looking forward to hearing more.

Still annoyed that press coverage audible while using 3-3-5 D causes the #1 CB to go into a 40+ yard backpedal before the snap.

gschwendt
09-07-2010, 01:31 PM
According to Russ, they're still working with Microsoft to determine when the 360 patch will be released. He couldn't commit to whether it would be today or sometime later but that they are working on it as best they can.

steelerfan
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I'll have PLENTY of time to wait and read impressions. With NHL 11 coming out tomorrow, NCAA is going back onto my "hold" pile while I play the hell out of NHL over the next week+ before eventually going back to NCAA to continue working on my Navy dyansty.

Yep! NHL rules the day for me now. NCAA will most often just be used to keep up with the 2 ODs I'm in.

Rudy
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I didn't have much time to play right now (making dinner for the family) but I updated the game and quickly played a few plays on defense. First two running plays by LSU vs. Michigan's defense (me) let to 4 pancakes and then 2 pancakes. First power running set left all 4 DL on the ground with cpu run block at 100 and human rush defense at 0 on Heisman. It's safe to say they fixed the rush defense slider. It will be much better and easier to fine-tune. I'll have to check out AA later tonight.

rhombic21
09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Good luck playing pass defense. Zone is still atrocious and now man is dumbed down even more than was the case after patch #2. And they still nerfed the DL aggressive gameplay adjustment, so there's no real way to consistently get a pass rush with the front 4.

CLW
09-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Good luck playing pass defense. Zone is still atrocious and now man is dumbed down even more than was the case after patch #2. And they still nerfed the DL aggressive gameplay adjustment, so there's no real way to consistently get a pass rush with the front 4.

I think the Tiburon team either doesn't like or have a basic understanding of defense.

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 08:20 PM
(sigh)

Great...

AustinWolv
09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
(sigh)

Great...
Yeah. :(
I barely ran any zone as it was on Heisman since it was just a free completion. Not good that man is sounding the same now.

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Just means that much more time spent tweaking sliders. Getting really damn tired of tweaking sliders...

JeffHCross
09-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Good luck playing pass defense. Zone is still atrocious and now man is dumbed down even more than was the case after patch #2. And they still nerfed the DL aggressive gameplay adjustment, so there's no real way to consistently get a pass rush with the front 4.While I agree that the Zone/Man defense problems are atrocious, after watching the games this weekend, I'm not convinced that a "consistent" pass rush is what we should be aiming for. I just played a game of Ohio State vs Iowa, and the pass rush was about what I'd expect for both sides ... CPU and HUM.

AustinWolv
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I think you are both right. Pass rush should exist, but misthrows, drops, and checkdowns to come up short on 3rd down should be the more commonplace thing.

Good points.

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 10:03 PM
I think you are both right. Pass rush should exist, but misthrows, drops, and checkdowns to come up short on 3rd down should be the more commonplace thing.

Good points.

You are absolutely correct. More and more, aspects of the game are just wrong. Simple missthrows should be pretty damn common place (and they can be with corrected sliders but still not nearly as much as they should be) and drops are pretty much non-existent now.

Truly, the entire aspect of throwing the ball needs to be redone. Leaping defenders is definitely more commonplace than people realize (just go back and watch the VT - BSU game the other night and watch the incredible throw Kellen Moore throws just barely over the reach of the linebacker and in front of the safety) but the trajectory of the ball is still VERY wrong and really the whole aspect of determining the throwing trajectory needs to be rethought. It's basically impossible to throw the ball normal (not bullet or loft) as often as it's needed to be done (and as regularly as it's done in real life). But, even then, that's too simplistic for something like that. The trajectory of the ball is factored in by the throwing motion of QB as well as the passing lane available to the QB. There are so many factors in just the act of throwing that this game overly simplifies to the point of being taken out of realistic nature.

It goes more to the core than that too. With zone blocking becoming more and more prevalent at the college ranks, they are missing cutblocks. They NEVER happen now (though I remember a previous game having them in there, can't remember which one though and it might have been Madden or maybe even 2k instead) and they are pretty damn important. At the goalline, cutblocks are absolutely required to give the offense a prayer of running up the middle (an aspect of the game that is COMPLETELY misrepresented now).

More and more, I'm starting to see how people that want the game to be exactly like real football are just disgusted with both Madden and NCAA. There are so many tiny aspects that are completely missing from both games that really add up to making it feel like a poor representation of the sport.

Rudy
09-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I played 1.5 games on Heisman after the patch. First game was me using Miami @ Ohio State. I was getting pounded 24-0 at the half although 3 turnovers didn't help. I was just screwing around with some playcalls to test some things as I normally would pound the Buckeyes. ;)

Second game I played as VT (home) against VT. The cpu ran all over me. This patch definitely requires some slider tweaking and while I had done a little, it needed more. I ended up losing a game in OT 34-31 as I fumbled on my first possession.

Overall I'm not sure how much difference I can really tell after only 1.5 games besides two main areas.

1) Rush defense slider work SO much better it's not even funny. If you drop the rush defense slider to 0 (and I had the cpu run block at 100) the cpu OL will drive you off the ball and pancake you consistently. After patch #2 the cpu OL never got much movement and on AA my DTs would still be in the backfield consistently. This is no longer a problem. And I tested this out briefly on AA - works MUCH better there too. I don't know if I'll go back to AA as Heisman is working pretty good but my biggest beef with AA was a horrible cpu running game post patch #2 and this is fixed with the third patch.

My running game took a hit on Heisman after the patch. I think I need a boost in this department.

2) Pass coverage needs to be boosted with sliders. Rhombic may be pissed because you can't do that with online ranked games but I think the man coverage (at least on Heisman) is roughly 10 points worse on the slider scale. Not 100% sure yet but I think people may need to boost their coverage slider up two clicks from where they had it (both human and cpu). I was using zone quite a bit and didn't notice it being any worse than man and I think it will be more useful vs. the cpu after this patch. More time is needed though.

One thing I did notice was the cpu taking more shots downfield against press coverage. Maybe it's because the WRs were beating it a lot easier and the player was open. Don't know.

3) The PS3 replay length still sucks. I thought someone said it was better but I think that was a placebo effect. Still plenty of plays getting cut off.

4) Just my Imagination (small sample set)? Fatigue seemed to be bigger. I saw RBs rotate in a little more. I saw a few more broken tackles too but that may be entirely related to the great RBs in the game.

Overall the running game sliders work a lot better and will need adjusting. Pass coverage (man) was toned down. Other than that I'm not sure I would have noticed anything different if I didn't know I had a new patch. That's not a bad thing but nothing else leaped out at me. I think I'll play another game soon and then just jump back into my dynasty.

rhombic21
09-07-2010, 10:15 PM
It's not so much that there should be instant pressure all the time (although there ought to be an occasional successful speed rush off the edge), but there are WAY too many instances where QBs literally have 6 or 7 seconds to stand back there and throw the ball against a 4 man rush with 5 man protection. I don't know how often you see it against the computer since the computer might not hold the ball that long, but against humans you see it fairly often. No coverage, whether it be man to man or zone, can hold up for that long.

Also, getting rid of the "rush out" option is a big deal. It seems as though you can generate some pressure by doing using the replacement contain adjustment, but then you have to re-route the DEs individually to rush rather than contain or you only have 2 people rushing. And even still, you don't generate that much pressure off the edge -- it's just a little more effective up the middle with the DTs.

JeffHCross
09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Rhombic, good point. I don't feel like the computer would often get 6 or 7 seconds against me, even 5 vs 4, but the CPU lets the ball go with such precise timing that I have no idea. Soon as a man comes open, or the QB feels pressure, the ball is out.

Good points.I have absolutely no clue how you would program it, but I've thought this, and about it, for a long, long time. It seems to me that there are only three ways for drives to end in the NCAA series ... 3 and out, turnover, and points. You practically never see long drives that fizzle. I thought Boise State had an excellent offensive performance last night, but when I saw their 3rd down numbers late in the game, I was shocked. 2 for 7 from 7+ yards? There are some games where I don't even get 7 3rd down opportunities.

The only way to get defensive battles in this game are when both are so overpowering that they're causing 3 and outs all the time. It seems like once a team starts rolling on offense, you can't stop them. And that goes for both the CPU and Human players. Once you get that first 1st down, you, more often than not, will score.

I hope my explanation makes sense. It bugs the shit out of me, and I really wish I could think of a way to get it right.

rhombic21
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
The other thing is that it's ridiculously easy to break containment. In practice mode with OU I was able to scramble with Landry Jones (against OU's defense) for 15+ yards on a very consistent basis whenever I used a 4 man rush with man to man behind it.

Zone coverage is just bad. It's probably always been this bad, I'm not sure. You can actually complete almost any route in the game (over the middle) against zone. There's nothing that it really takes away, except for maybe passes to the flats and curl area. But it doesn't stop anything over the middle, and now that man is toned down, good luck getting stops. On AA with default sliders you can almost just throw blind and still complete passes.

Pass defense is just non-existent. There is no way that you're going to consistently be able to stop a competent human player.

rhombic21
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
What I don't understand is why EA further toned back man to man coverage when almost all of the reaction after the second patch was that passing had gotten to be too EASY as a result of zones being broken so badly. If they were going to tweak anything with regards to pass coverage, why did they choose to do something that makes it even EASIER to pass?

CLW
09-08-2010, 04:50 AM
What I don't understand is why EA further toned back man to man coverage when almost all of the reaction after the second patch was that passing had gotten to be too EASY as a result of zones being broken so badly. If they were going to tweak anything with regards to pass coverage, why did they choose to do something that makes it even EASIER to pass?

B/c they believe we all like want Wide Open Gameplay 2.0????

Rudy
09-08-2010, 05:46 AM
I've read a lot of people now saying pass rush was toned down with this patch. I didn't think it was too different but I haven't played enough yet. May have to boost the pass rush sliders for both teams.

Roy38
09-08-2010, 10:03 AM
It's real simple why Man Coverage was toned down - the majority of users want the game to be less complicated. Most people want to put up huge stats and win every game regardless of how the game actually plays. Think about it, the more wide open the game is, the more people can compete and have "fun" online. If the game is too "hard", EA will lose its casual audience and money in the process. In my opinion, online play will remain wide open because they want everyone to have a good time. Face it, we are the minority when it comes to how we want the game to play. If we want more of a challenge, we can play offline and set the game up to our difficulty level through sliders.

griffin2608
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Is there a way to stay online and not download these damn patches. I finally get the game to play decent and another patch comes out and I go back to adjusting sliders.

JBHuskers
09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Is there a way to stay online and not download these damn patches. I finally get the game to play decent and another patch comes out and I go back to adjusting sliders.

No. If you go online, you're required to download the patch.

Rudy
09-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Is it possible to play online on Heisman to make it better for the pass coverage issues?

rhombic21
09-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Not ranked.

Rudy
09-08-2010, 06:31 PM
But is it better than AA?

rhombic21
09-08-2010, 08:05 PM
It doesn't matter. You can't play it for ranked games, so you can't find random people who will play you and not quit.

beartide06
09-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Ok... I have not gotten any indication of a patch at all on my system. Is it out for 360 yet?

morsdraconis
09-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Ok... I have not gotten any indication of a patch at all on my system. Is it out for 360 yet?

Nope, not out for the 360 yet.

coogrfan
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
According to the folks over at OS, both the patch and tuner update for the 360 are now available.

Nothingface
09-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I was wondering if the rb's still cover up the ball when in wide open space?

AustinWolv
09-09-2010, 01:21 PM
According to the folks over at OS, both the patch and tuner update for the 360 are now available.
Good. And bad.....as I had some sliders tweaked last night in my personal OD that I thought gave a really good game.

mundo
09-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I definitely agree that pass defense appears to be a problem. I tweaked some sliders last night but still had a couple of moments where I could not help but say "man the pass def is effed". In this case it was several 3rd and well over 10 conversions by the CPU in a row no matter what coverage I tried. Any semblance of "adjustment" that appeared to be there before (and there wasn't a ton) appeared to have vanished.

Hopefully further adjusting of the sliders can make it such that man coverage is serviceable in situations that you know they are going to pass

JeffHCross
09-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I think one reason people are seeing worse pass defense is, with the exception of Online games, man defense is worse than it was given a certain slider set. I've played two games since the patch was released ... one Online against a User, one against the CPU.

Online versus another user ... Man Coverage was fine, overall. Both of us had decent to impressive man coverage throughout the game. We even noticed some instances where the psychic man coverage was overly evident (a CB leading a WR by 3 yards on an out pattern, then the ball going straight to him). I'm sure there are plays (5 WR particularly) that still break man coverage, but overall between two straight players it'll look pretty good. Plenty of plays made on passes, and overall good defense. If you get the right playcall, you can even completely blanket the receivers long enough for a 4 man pass rush to get there before anyone comes open.

However, against the CPU is a completely different story. If your sliders put HUM players at a disadvantage, get ready to see 09-esque gameplay. I just played a game in Year 2 of my OD (Ohio State vs West Virginia), and got torched for around 375 yards by the end of the 4th quarter. The game ended up going into 4 OTs because the CPU offense was completely unstoppable. Man, zone, it didn't matter. My guys were out of position on every play. And, because of the difference in sliders, the CPU defenders were in position, more often than not. The CPU would make plays on the ball ... several passes of mine were batted down by either DL or LBs. I don't believe my team had a single pass defended in the entire game, and I saw starting CBs get lost on simple routes time and time again.

I played probably 5 or 6 vs CPU games this weekend, using a similar Ohio State team, and every game was a 21+ blowout. Before this game in the OD, it was extremely rare that I didn't win by 20+. This game was so drastically different than anything I've experienced on NCAA 11, I don't know what to think.

I was wondering if the rb's still cover up the ball when in wide open space?I only saw it once, and I think it was on a 3rd down draw where there was a heavy blitz. He didn't get far enough into the open field for me to tell if he was legit protecting or if it was a bug.

xMrHitStickx904
09-10-2010, 01:59 AM
is it me, or does the game seem a bit faster after the update?