PDA

View Full Version : MLB 15 The Show: General Discussion and Impressions

cdj
03-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Now that the game is available, post your thoughts on MLB 15 The Show here!

steelerfan
04-01-2015, 03:54 AM
Just got another game in and lost at home to Toronto as I allowed 5 runs in the 8th which undid a 5-4 lead.

Toronto 9-14-1
Houston 5-7-2

XBH
Toronto: 3 2Bs, HR
Houston: 2 2Bs, HR

Pitching
Toronto: 4 K, 4 BB
Houston: 12 K, 3 BB

cdj
04-01-2015, 07:52 AM
SF (or anyone else who has game) - How are the load times? I've heard they are 'improved,' but would like to know from someone who plays the game a lot.

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2015, 08:46 AM
I haven't put a stopwatch to the game, but it does seem a little faster. You're still looking at probably 25-35 second wait to get into a game (Play Now, franchise or RTTS). Definitely seems a little quicker than 14 took, but you'll still be waiting for a little bit between games.

It's getting there though. Hopefully as they go along and can further fine tune the game to harness and use the PS4's full power and full potential, hopefully they can drop the load times even more.

#TheScriptIsDead

JBHuskers
04-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Saw some tweets stating online is pretty solid for those wondering.

steelerfan
04-01-2015, 02:15 PM
SF (or anyone else who has game) - How are the load times? I've heard they are 'improved,' but would like to know from someone who plays the game a lot.
Load times are about :30. Significantly better, for sure.

steelerfan
04-01-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm using my sliders and settings from MLB 14 and they are a very good base. Nothing is obviously wrong. I'd need to get a large sample size to see what needs adjusting but I'm thinking of going ahead and starting my Astros Franchise back up and tweaking the sliders as needed in there.

My latest loss was to Arizona.
Arizona 2-10-1
Houston 1-6-0

XBH
Arizona: 5 2B
Houston: 2 2B, 2 3B

PITCHING
Arizona: 9 K, 3 BB
Houston: 5 K, 1 BB

steelerfan
04-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Took another loss. This one at Atlanta. The cool thing in this game is that I got a chance to Challenge an out call at 1st base after the Braves had a batter ruled safe following a bunt. I won the Challenge and he was out.

Houston 2-7-0
Atlanta 4-8-1

XBH
Houston: 2 HR
Atlanta: None

PITCHING
Houston: 8 K, 4 BB
Atlanta: 8 K, BB

SmoothPancakes
04-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I noticed my RTTS sliders (largely similar to your 14 sliders, as they were based off your slider set last year) still play well and are usable to jump right back into the action.

Haven't seen my first challenge yet, though I've only played a couple Play Now games. My focus thus far has been on getting my RTTS career transfered and up and running again.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
04-02-2015, 12:46 AM
Money is a little tight right now so I am holding off for a bit. However, I hope to grab a copy by mid-May. Smooth/Steeler have you transfered your files from 14 to 15? If so did it work flawlessly?

PS... Smooth you need to get that internet fixed and get some games streaming again. I was watching Steeler on monday... brings back memories of last summer. When I get the game I will stream when I can. I want to start another RTTS this time as a pitcher.

steelerfan
04-02-2015, 01:08 AM
Money is a little tight right now so I am holding off for a bit. However, I hope to grab a copy by mid-May. Smooth/Steeler have you transfered your files from 14 to 15? If so did it work flawlessly?

PS... Smooth you need to get that internet fixed and get some games streaming again. I was watching Steeler on monday... brings back memories of last summer. When I get the game I will stream when I can. I want to start another RTTS this time as a pitcher.
I have moved my Franchise and my RTTS. It does work flawlessly from what I can tell. It is as simple as loading any save.

The one thing to note about it is that any retired (or otherwise no longer part of the MLBPA players are replaced by generics, if they were previously generated by SCEA). In other words, if Derek Jeter is in your Franchise, he will be replaced by a generic player because Sony can no longer use his likeness.

SmoothPancakes
04-02-2015, 02:08 AM

Yep, like Steeler said, it's real simple. You go into Franchise or RTTS, it pops up the options of creating a new one, loading a saved one or transferring one from MLB 14. I've already transferred over my shortstop and pitcher RTTS files and my Rockies Franchise. Real simple and easy, it takes a couple seconds and loads right into the mode. They couldn't have made it any easier and faster.

gschwendt
04-02-2015, 08:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFf8ivoURw

steelerfan
04-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Lol. I've never seen that but I'm sure they'll get it fixed, they always do.

GatorfanStovy
04-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I'll be getting this game this weak or today on the vita. What new modes are on the vita ? Any one here do leagues on the vita ?

GatorfanStovy
04-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Starting playing today. Man MLB the show is a lot different on the vita. but still fun. It's been a while for since I have played this game but feels good to be back. I just did a play now game to see how things are going . I'' get into rtts here in a while. gonna get my groove back.

cdj
04-13-2015, 04:16 PM
OSFM 2015 opening day V.1 rosters are available now for MLB 15 The Show.

To download the roster, follow these simple directions:
Tab over to the Community tab
Go to Vaults
Roster Vault
Browse Rosters
Find the #OSFM2015 roster, created by RIDINDWNKINGSL dated 04/12/15 Download it, save it, enjoy it

Via: Operation Sports (http://www.operationsports.com/news/839491/osfm-2015-opening-day-v1-rosters-available-now-for-mlb-15-the-show/)

CLW
04-13-2015, 04:38 PM
OSFM 2015 opening day V.1 rosters are available now for MLB 15 The Show.

To download the roster, follow these simple directions:
Tab over to the Community tab
Go to Vaults
Roster Vault
Browse Rosters
Find the #OSFM2015 roster, created by RIDINDWNKINGSL dated 04/12/15 Download it, save it, enjoy it

Via: Operation Sports (http://www.operationsports.com/news/839491/osfm-2015-opening-day-v1-rosters-available-now-for-mlb-15-the-show/)

Is this the version with the full minor league rosters named/correct/regraded etc....?

cdj
04-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Is this the version with the full minor league rosters named/correct/regraded etc....?

Yes, I believe so.

steelerfan
04-13-2015, 07:46 PM
OSFM stands for "Operation Sports Full Minors" so yes.

SmoothPancakes
04-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Just a forewarning, version 1 only has the 25 man roster set. You'll have to set 40 man rosters yourself, or wait until version 2 is released. Also, injured players as of opening day were moved to Single A on the rosters, to simulate the injuries. So if you want to play with teams at 100% health, you'll have to go through and move those players back onto the MLB and Triple A rosters.

#TheScriptIsDead

gigemaggs99
07-07-2015, 08:32 AM
?, I enjoy baseball, but am not a die-hard fan. I have last years game a really like it.

Is this years game a huge improvement? Is there a huge difference between the 2?

Maybe I'm getting older, I don't mind buying the new PGA game since there hasn't been one made for Next Gen other than The Golf Club. But, similar to Madden I'm not sure I'm going to get Madden 16 since Madden 15 seems like a really good football game. I think it's neat to get the latest player rosters and all but the core game is very much the same so I don't mind playing Madden 15. Similarly here, is there going to be a huge difference between MLB the Show vs last year's game?

Edit: on a side note, it looks like Walmart and Target (probably others) have this game on sale for $39.99. Gamestop still sells it for $54.99.

Are the upgrades from MLB 14 worth the $40?

SCClassof93
07-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Yes Gus, give it a try. I played every pitch of an entire season with the Braves until losing in game 6 of the NLCS to the dreaded Dodgers. Took a break after that loss but I'm back playing and 30 games into season two.

steelerfan
07-07-2015, 01:04 PM
If you're content worth MLB 14, I would skip 15. It's not much different.

For me, I play whole seasons just like SC so it is a must to upgrade. If you're just going to fool around in Exhibition games there is no reason to buy it. I guess it comes down to what you intend to do with the game.

gigemaggs99
07-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Ok, thank you gents.

I picked it up at Target.com for $39.99

I've got the cold beer, peanuts, now all I need to do it fire up the crackstation.

steelerfan
07-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Ok, thank you gents.

I picked it up at Target.com for $39.99

I've got the cold beer, peanuts, now all I need to do it fire up the crackstation.
Enjoy! It is definitely a great game. :up:

gigemaggs99
07-09-2015, 03:11 PM
I had 1 viewer earlier today (broadcasting on twitch), looking for tips here...I was at the batting cages, I've watched some videos on youtube. I'm trying to do the Pure Analog swing but dang if I don't strike out a lot. :(

GatorfanStovy
07-18-2015, 07:26 PM
I've been loving the vita one. But damn I miss the console type. So much more to do then just franchise /rttp mode. Would be nice to be on the ps4.