PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham City

JBHuskers
09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Cue drool....first screenshots that appear to be legit. I absolutely LOVED Arkham Asylum.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/09/batman1.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/batman-arkham-city-9-01-10/3318801/#/0

cdj
09-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm seeing that the game will also have multiplayer as well!

morsdraconis
09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Looks good, but I didn't much care for the first one so I probably won't like this one either.

cdj
10-27-2010, 10:31 AM
PlayStation The Official Magazine had a preview of the game. Off the top of my head, the world is four times larger than Arkham Asylum and the devs will not confirm or deny vehicles, but will discuss at a later date.

CLW
10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
I never finished the 1st game but found it quite enjoyable. I should put the original back into my GameFly queue.

JBHuskers
10-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah the game itself isn't much of a grind to get through...it's just trying to retreive all of the riddles. I'm going to play through it again sometime.

cdj
10-27-2010, 12:51 PM
I thought the fighting challenges were the really tough part. I probably could have had the Platinum (or been really close) if it weren't for that entire mode.

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 02:02 PM
First (I think first) trailer is to be released at the VGA's.

Roy38
11-19-2010, 02:11 PM
I really enjoyed Batman: Arkham Asylum. The combat interface was intuitive and free flowing, but I never felt like I had to use my gadgets to put down a gang of baddies. I liked hunting down those damn riddles and the audio clips really enhanced the storyline. The part I thought was the most well done was with the Scarecrow. When you're down in the morgue and the voices are getting louder and shit starts going nuts was a little creepy. Fun game.

cdj
12-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Pretty cool trailer at VGAs (http://www.spike.com/video/new-baddie-for/3503854).

Main baddie shown:
Hugo Strange

JeffHCross
12-11-2010, 09:04 PM
VGA trailer was the only thing worth watching in that entire two hour show.

JBHuskers
12-12-2010, 03:42 AM
VGA trailer was the only thing worth watching in that entire two hour show.

I guess I'm glad I forgot to DVR it.

JBHuskers
12-12-2010, 03:47 AM
geoff keighley was right .... wow, the graphics....

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-batman-arkham/708342

JBHuskers
12-12-2010, 03:50 AM
...and some background

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Strange

CLW
12-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Wow that trailer was AMAZING.

cdj
12-28-2010, 11:23 PM
The latest PlayStation Magazine speculates on villains in the game based on early teasers/trailers and what they call "rumors."

Two-Face
Catwoman
Victor Zsasz
The Joker
The Penguin
Harley Quinn
Hugo Strange
Mr. Freeze
Calendar Man
Talia al Ghul
Scarecrow
Black Mask

JBHuskers
01-26-2011, 12:46 PM
From GameFocus:

It looks like French site Kewego (via gaming site SFX-360) got their hands on a brand new (and unreleased) trailer for Rocksteady’s upcoming game Batman: Arkham City. The two-minute footage shows Batman and Joker fighting goons.

Wait, what? Batman AND Joker...together?

Is Rocksteady hinting at the possibility of seeing both the Caped Crusader and The Clown Prince of Crime joining forces in the game? A cooperative mode, maybe?

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=12608

JBHuskers
01-26-2011, 02:57 PM
A really well-made fake?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/26/would-be-batman-arkham-city-trailer-is-fishy/#continued

cdj
02-02-2011, 01:59 PM
From Giant Bomb (http://www.giantbomb.com/news/batmans-arkham-city-is-five-times-larger-than-arkham-asylum/2888/):

http://epicbattleaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/BatmanAC_Harley.jpg

Batman: Arkham City’s... er, city, will be bigger than Arkham Asylum’s overrun and corridor-filled island. The name of the follow-up implies as much. But just how much bigger will the new game world be? According to game director Sefton Hill, Arkham City will be about five times larger than the game world in the previous game. I'm bad at math and I don’t have exact dimensions at hand, but that sounds like a lot more space!

“The footprint of Arkham City is about five times bigger than Arkham Island, but our primary intention was never to create a bigger game world just for the sake of it,” Hill told GameSpot in a short interview.

Hill went on and explained that Batman will be able to go wherever he wants in the new game world and will indeed encounter some side stuff reminiscent of open-world games, like missions, secrets, and brawls. However, the critical path will always be clear. Also, he made it clear that Arkham city isn’t a sandbox.

“I wouldn't describe the game as ‘sandbox’ because a totally open and free-form game world would not allow us to create the kind of atmosphere that we wanted to,” Hill continued, “but we don't hold your hand either. Arkham City is its own place; a massive super prison, jam packed with supervillains, thugs, and psychopaths.”

“There aren't any rules, but it has a law of its own, and this is why it is a perfect setting for Batman. Gamers will have to think and act like the Dark Knight if they want to survive in a place like Arkham City.”

Earlier, Hill said that the team is trying to recreate the “pressure-cooker” atmosphere from the first game. So, even though Arkham City is several times larger than the island of the original, Rocksteady will attempt to make you feel like you need to progress in the actual game instead of wandering the streets looking for a thug or six to smash. Sounds hot, right?

JBHuskers
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Eight long months until this comes out.

cdj
02-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Batman: Arkham City will be single-player only, NO multi-player (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1149491p1.html)

Huge IGN interview below with lots of info.

Batman: Arkham City is developer Rocksteady Studios' follow-up to the mega-hit Batman: Arkham Asylum and puts players back in the Caped Crusader's boots for some third-person gameplay. It's also still months away, and that sucks because we have burning questions right now. What's up with Catwoman? Do these rumors of multiplayer mean Robin is in the game? What does Hugo Strange mean for the Dark Knight?

Well, we've let these questions eat away at us for long enough, and now it's time to put Rocksteady Studios Game Director Sefton Hill through the wringer to get some answers of our own.

IGN: First and foremost, how hard did you guys have to work to keep the warden's secret room a secret in Batman: Arkham Asylum? Were there company NDAs signed in blood? Were you checking the web every day to see if anyone had found it?

Sefton Hill: To be completely honest, I wasn't sure anyone would ever find it. It required 3 sets of explosive gel to be detonated in the same place (something you didn't have to do anywhere else in the game) and there was absolutely no hint that it was there. But it was kind of exciting knowing there was a big hint to the next game so close if only you knew where to look.

IGN: Were you a bit shocked by how well Arkham Asylum was received? You must've known it was good, but with people's distrust of comic games, were you worried?

Sefton Hill: Yes! I was incredibly proud of the game we made. We'd had lots of positive feedback during production, but I didn't really take it in until we released and the reviews started to hit. The awards and feedback from the public blew us away and it was immensely rewarding for the team who had poured so much of their heart and soul into the game.

IGN: Did work on Batman: Arkham City start as soon as Arkham Asylum was out the door? Before then?

Sefton Hill: We started to think in earnest about the story for Batman: Arkham City around the start of 2009. We'd been kicking around a number of possible ideas before then, but at that point we started to crystallize them and make sure they were woven into the fabric of the first game. Then, as soon as people finished off on Batman: Arkham Asylum they moved straight onto Arkham City, with our concept team working on the game as early as February 2009 before being slowly joined by the rest of the team over the following months.

IGN: How much did Arkham Asylum feedback shape Arkham City? Were there things you said you had to change based on fan reactions?

Sefton Hill: Honestly, the biggest message we received from people was, "keep doing what you're doing," which was great. I suppose in some respects the fact that there wasn't a single piece of unified feedback where everyone said "please add this one thing" was a testament to the first game, but it did make designing the sequel more challenging. However, I truly believe that if you want to make something that other people will be passionate about, then first and foremost you need to be passionate about it yourself. So we decided to focus on delivering one main promise: I want to be The Batman in Gotham.

IGN: Even though we really know next to nothing about Arkham City (thanks for that, by the way), some people openly complain about there being too many villains announced. What can you say to them right now? Is the story that much bigger this time around or do we have the wrong idea?

Sefton Hill: It was never about making a bigger game for us – just a better one. If we thought the best game featured just one villain then that's we'd do. Rest assured, we aren't putting villains into the game just to make up the numbers, we are choosing characters who we think have an interesting story to tell and who can challenge Batman in an original and exciting way. So it's true, there are more villains. A lot more villains. There will be more exciting announcements soon. (And many who we will never announce!)

IGN: Tell us about Hugo Strange's role in Arkham City.

Sefton Hill: We know Hugo Strange is going to be a completely new character to some players, but he was the perfect choice for the role of Warden of Arkham City. Hopefully the trailer at the end of last year has given you a few hints to his character and motivation. Strange makes the rules that all prisoners have to abide by. He enforces these rules with a zero tolerance policy through his Tyger security force, a force equally as fierce as the gangs the incarcerated criminal bosses have amassed. The walls and airspace are constantly patrolled by heavily armed Tyger guards who share Strange's contempt for criminals.

The other dimension to Hugo Strange is that he knows Batman's true identity, which massively raises the stakes for Bruce Wayne. By entering Arkham City, Batman is vulnerable and exposed in a way that he has never been before.

But don't worry if you've never even heard of Hugo Strange. Arkham City tells the story of the first time Batman has crossed swords with Strange, so you will know a lot more about him by the end of the evening.

IGN: What about Catwoman's role?

Sefton Hill: Catwoman is one of the most recent criminals to be incarcerated in Arkham City. She's independent, strong minded and not aligned with any of the existing super-criminals who are already inside. Batman's presence in Arkham City presents a very interesting dilemma for them both, not only because they have so much history, but also because they are both in an incredibly hostile environment with nowhere to hide in the middle of a brutal turf-war. Like I said before, we selected characters that would challenge Batman in an interesting way and Catwoman, always following her own agenda, is someone who really spices things up for him.

IGN: Is it easier working on Arkham City with the experience of Arkham Asylum under your belts or is it tougher because of the expectations on the game?

Sefton Hill: Batman: Arkham Asylum has given us a huge amount of confidence to try and take on technical and gameplay challenges we wouldn't have dreamt of attempting beforehand. There was never a thought of resting on our laurels because as soon as we'd chosen the ambitious setting of Arkham City, we knew we had a lot of work to do. I can honestly say that every department has worked harder and challenged themselves even more on Batman: Arkham City than we did on the first game.

We are also aware of the levels of expectation, but you have to try not to let it affect you too much because if you stop and think about it, it really is bloody terrifying. Then you can become too afraid to make the exciting decisions that made the first game a success.

However, we never lose sight of the position we are in. I can honestly say I feel honored and privileged every day for getting to work on a Batman game.

IGN: Now, give us a Valentine's Day gift and tell us SOMETHING about multiplayer. You know that the couple that plays together stays together – and that works for friends or significant others. What's going on with multiple players in Arkham City? Co-op? competitive? We must know!

Sefton Hill: There have been a number of rumors circulating about a multiplayer mode in Batman: Arkham City so let me start by saying, once and for all, that Batman: Arkham City is a "single-player only" experience.

Our thought process behind this was fairly simple: when we investigated adding multiplayer we asked, "If we use all of the energy that is required to create multiplayer and instead focus this on the single player, would that deliver a better overall game?"

With the game now coming to the final stages, I can honestly say it would not have been possible to deliver Arkham City the way we wanted to if we'd have added multiplayer.

So it might not be the fashionable choice, it might not get us an extra tick on the box, but we are convinced, and we hope that gamers will agree when they get to play the finished game, that we have made the right decision.

We hope that you love Arkham City. We're working as hard as we possibly can to deliver the game you want.

Happy Valentine's Day!

JBHuskers
02-15-2011, 12:30 AM
No multiplayer is fine, but wish co-op would be in.

cdj
02-26-2011, 01:17 PM
New preview from Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/batman-arkham-city-preview/):

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/02/052-helicopter530w.jpg

Batman: Arkham City loses the confines of its predecessor's island asylum for the more expansive slums of Gotham City. Arkham warden Quincy Sharp has been elected mayor and has requisitioned the city's downtrodden district as "Arkham City," the new holding area for all of the crazies and dangerous types from Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Prison, with Hugo Strange appointed as overseer. This prison city has been sealed tight by a heavily guarded perimeter, keeping all of that danger festering inside.

In addition to the unchecked crime produced by a population composed entirely of criminals, Batman also has to deal with Two-Face, who's captured Catwoman and plans to publicly execute her within Arkham City.

At a Microsoft press event this week, a reprentative from developer Rocksteady offered us our first guided demo of the city and some of Batman's enhanced gadgets, including the revamped Detective Mode.

As Batman watches silently from a rooftop above, the camera pans out to reveal a massive city under siegie. The wicked run rampant here, but they've got a big problem: Batman.

Leaping from the rooftop, Batman pulls wide his cape and shows off its new gliding ability. The feature is highly reminiscent of the cape power-up in Super Mario World: Diving down, Batman gains momentum and can pull back to gain altitude, gliding further. It looks like the way to navigate the now much larger, more open environment.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/02/batmanarkhamcity041-gun-counter-b599.jpg

Batman homes in on some ruffians to rough up and combat is initiated. Bats certainly hasn't lost his touch in the 18 months that have transpired since the first game. The thugs are harrassing (a bit of an understatement) reporter Jack Ryder -- pre-Creeper transformation -- and, like the first game, the solution here is a symphony of punches and kicks. In one very cool maneuver, Batman grabs a thug from afar with his Batclaw, pulling him into the fray in a very "Get over here!" type of way. (Maybe some of that brutality in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe rubbed off on the Bats, eh?) Overall, his attacks seem far more merciless in the sequel.

Eventually, Batman makes his way inside of a church and comes face-to-face with Harley Quinn and four thugs, armed with machine guns. She charges Batman, who easily tosses her aside but, guns drawn, the thugs line Batman up in their sights and he deftly dodges danger through perfectly timed use of a smoke bomb. With his grappling hook, Batman leaps up into the rafters and surveys the situation. The thugs break off and start patrolling the area and Batman stalks them one-by-one, in brilliant predatory fashion.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/02/059-harleyfinalb225.jpg

Here the rep turns on the upgraded Detective Mode, which seems to have taken some cues from The Dark Knight -- it's part sonar, part x-ray. Two of the thugs grab hostages as bargaining chips, but the other two are alone and easy pickings. One of the more violent takedowns shows Batman punching through a confessional wall and pulling a thug through, knocking him out cold with one blow.

The demo ends shortly thereafter, leaving me to ponder a contradictory desire: Arkham City makes for a hopeless setting -- darker and less redeemable than the forgotten asylum -- yet invites
me to keep exploring and stay in just a bit longer.

souljahbill
02-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Whoever designed Harley's character model should be commended. Hottest not-real person since Jessica Rabbit.

cdj
03-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Warner Bros. just officially announced the North American release date: October 18. The publisher also confirmed the previously reported release date of October 21 for "Europe and other global territories." The game arrives October 19 in Australia.

Courtesy: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/11/report-batman-arkham-city-out-in-europe-october-21/)

Details
03-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Batman: Arkham City - This Ain't No Place for a Hero Trailer (http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/15/batman-arkham-city-this-aint-no-place-for-a-hero-trailer)

cdj
05-21-2011, 08:10 PM
From IGN, Arkham City campaign details (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1168990p1.html).

- Over 25 hours to complete main mission, 15 hours of story off the main path

cdj
06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Playable Catwoman unmasked in Batman: Arkham City

A new video and preview posted by GameSpot reveal that Catwoman is joining the playable cast of Batman: Arkham City. And she's not disguising her face, even though she clearly has goggles for that purpose, and it's driving us crazy. Ahem.

The video shows Catwoman using her whip as a grappling hook, sliding under a low obstacle, brandishing sharp claws, and planting a big kiss on a disgusting Joker henchman for some reason before throwing him to the ground.

In a video Q&A, Rocksteady marketing manager Dax Ginn mentions that her lack of cape makes her unable to use Batman's glide functionality, so she has her own navigation abilities, which appear to be climbing-based. She'll be leveled up throughout the game just as players improve Batman's skills.

Courtesy: GameSpot (http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6316489/batman-arkham-city-updated-hands-on-preview?tag=topslot;title;1)
Via: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/01/playable-catwoman-unmasked-in-batman-arkham-city/)

JBHuskers
06-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Best Buy: Pre-order Batman: Arkham City for playable Robin (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/12/best-buy-pre-order-batman-arkham-city-for-playable-robin/)

Details
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm willing to pre-order to show my support. It's potentially the non-sports game of the year for me.

iBrandon
06-14-2011, 08:53 AM
I never finished the 1st game but found it quite enjoyable. I should put the original back into my GameFly queue.

That's how I was. I really emjoyed the last game, but didn't finish it. I have a problem of never finishing single player games. Last one I finished was MW2 and the reason I finished was because I had it almost a week early and no one was online.

AustinWolv
06-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Finally played and finished the first one a couple weeks ago. Great game and sure looks pretty, but not a huge fan of the button combo combat system. Plus I don't like the 10,000,000 friggin' collectibles all over the place. Let me play the damn game, not hunt for some geek's wet dream about the comic series. And then they go and double the amount of collectibles in the new game.....great.

JBHuskers
06-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Well you don't have to go after them :D

AustinWolv
06-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Well you don't have to go after them :D

Yeah, I told myself that after I beat the first game, yet there I was chasing them all down in free play to get the achievements. Grrrr.

cdj
06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
A render of Robin (http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/220592/new-arkham-city-render-reveals-robin/)

JBHuskers
06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Final box art...nice little touch with having the blood be the only color.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/arkhamcity.jpg

cdj
08-02-2011, 06:07 PM
More on pre-order bonuses courtesy GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6326690/bevy-of-batmen-incentivize-arkham-city-preorders-retail-radar):

Batman-loving gamers pondering their preorder choices for the upcoming Arkham City have a conundrum on their hands worthy of The Riddler himself. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is rolling out the regular and collector's editions of the game with a slew of preorder incentives that vary by store and by country.

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/213/arkhamcityanimatedbatman_42269_screen.jpg
Currently, the Animated Series Batman skin is only being offered by New Zealand's Mighty Ape.

As compiled by the fansite ArkhamCity.co.uk, there are five currently revealed Batman skins being used as preorder incentives, most of them exclusive to certain retailers. The one skin available at every store is the Dark Knight Returns skin (based on the classic Frank Miller graphic novel), which is included with every collector's edition purchase of the game.

A pair of cartoon renditions of the Caped Crusader are also in the offing, as GameStop UK offers the futuristic Batman Beyond skin for all preorders, while New Zealand-based Mighty Ape preorders will receive that skin, one based on Batman: The Animated Series, and a third skin based on DC's alternate universe Earth One comic version of Batman. There's one more skin based on a comic book version of Batman, with the Dark Knight sporting his classic blue-and-gray suit, or as British retailer ShopTo.net refers to it, the "1970s Batman suit."

As for non-skin preorder bonuses, Batman sidekick Robin makes his Arkham franchise debut as a playable character for customers who reserve the game at Best Buy (North America), JB Hi-Fi (Australia), or GameMania (Belgium). That bonus also includes a Red Robin skin for the character.

There are still more preorder incentives attached to Arkham Asylum, as North American GameStop customers can get the Joker's Challenge Carnival Map, while Amazon visitors are being tempted with a $10 store credit and a comic book collection of five 8-page stories tying into the game and penned by Paul Dini (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions only). Likewise, Wal-Mart is also offering US customers a $10 gift card with a preorder for the console versions of the game.

As of press time, a WBIE representative had not returned GameSpot's inquiry regarding when or if some of the currently region-exclusive preorder bonuses would be offered on a larger scale.

Hopefully these will carry over to US retailers and/or be available as DLC at some point for those who want them.

GatorfanStovy
08-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Darn PreOder stuff I wish we could play as Robin with out doing that.Grr.

JBHuskers
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Batman: Arkham City aims to add replay value with 'New Game Plus' mode (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/07/batman-arkham-city-aims-to-add-replay-value-with-new-game-plus/)

It's a story we've all heard a million times: you play Game X; you love Game X; you find every single item and do everything you possibly can, yet still you crave more. Tough, there isn't anything left in Game X. You guzzled Game X when you should've sipped Game X, long and slow, savoring every second.

It was our problem with Batman: Arkham Asylum, much as we imagine it was a problem for a lot of you. Rocksteady is looking to fix that in Batman: Arkham City with a "New Game Plus" mode, which ramps up the difficulty and modifies a few things for your second go around Crimeburg. Thugs are meaner, boss fights are tougher and Bats will retain all of his XP and gadgets from the first playthrough.

The difficulty setting for "New Game Plus" isn't customizable -- whether you make it through on normal or hard, the difficulty of "New Game Plus" will be the same. Also, there won't be any counter icons on thugs, but we imagine that won't be a huge deal after you've spent a whole game punching them in the face.

JBHuskers
10-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Achievements/Trophies from Joystiq... (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/03/batman-arkham-city-achievements-leaked/)

JBHuskers
10-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Tons of reviews coming in. Starting metascore 97 on PS3, 94 on 360. (http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/batman+arkham/results)

I OU a Beatn
10-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Getting mine Tuesday. I absolutely can't wait. All the reviews I've read said it has a blockbuster beginning and ending, so it should be good. I beat Arkham Asylum about 5 times, so I have no doubts I'll love this, too.

GatorfanStovy
10-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Agreed I OU I can't wait either if it is either any or better then the first.It will be EPIC.

DariusLock
10-14-2011, 07:57 PM
GAH I need money!

GatorfanStovy
10-14-2011, 09:43 PM
GAH I need money!

trade in some games or go sell your blood ..

DariusLock
10-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Preorder from Wal-Mart and you get 10$ giftcard plus Arkham Asylum for free!

CoreySA
10-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Had a chance to play this a few months back - about 45 mins of early campaign and let me tell you, if the rest of the game holds up like the reviews are saying this game is going to be a GOTY contender. Combat is much smoother and refined and the open city feel is amazing. One of my most anticipated games along with BF3...

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Just checked Amazon, and you can still get release day delivery (http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0F5M8/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20) if you order in the next 7 hours and 30 minutes (5PM central).

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 01:28 PM
So impulse (and winning $220 in a football pool) has led me to get this game. The remarkable reviews have made me get this on day one.

GatorfanStovy
10-17-2011, 07:08 PM
You should have gotten the game with out the extera money it will be one great game.I can't wait until trmw . WIll have my copy around 2pm .

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 08:23 PM
You should have gotten the game with out the extera money it will be one great game.I can't wait until trmw . WIll have my copy around 2pm .

Oh I still got it on Amazon, $10 credit, it will be here tomorrow.

GatorfanStovy
10-18-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm off to get my copy of Batman AC it is gonna be epic!!!I will be playing all day!!!

hitman625
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Picked up my copy this morning at 10 ET and wish I would've taken the day off. The opening is a blast and moving thru Arkham City is as seamless as one would think it would be for Batman. I hadn't played Batman: AA in over a year but I was able to get into the flow of the game within minutes and never felt lost.

I did play as Catwoman as well and she felt a lot quicker than Bats and had some pretty cool combos as well, but my playtime with her was very short.

I only got about an hour and a half in on the game and most of it was spent on the rooftops and gliding thru the city seeing what's in store. I was able to get some of the easier Riddler Trophies

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm assuming down the road, if you didn't get it from Best Buy, you can purchase Robin?

GatorfanStovy
10-18-2011, 01:20 PM
JB yes you puy / download Robin probably with in the next month or so or on the next store update.Should of pre order it from bb loser jk lol.I'm downloading my characters right now.Robin looks bad ass .

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 01:22 PM
JB yes you puy / download Robin probably with in the next month or so or on the next store update.Should of pre order it from bb loser jk lol.I'm downloading my characters right now.Robin looks bad ass .

Shit I'd rather not have to go to a store, plus get another $10 off Battlefield 3 :D on top of that it'll be waiting for me when I get home, so I don't have to waste an hour taking a trip.

I OU a Beatn
10-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes, Robin will be available November 12 for $7.

Sinister
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
game is awesome

GatorfanStovy
10-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Just now jumping into the game after all the downloading and installing bs.Time fight crime btiches !

hitman625
10-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm more interested in getting Nightwing when he becomes available...actually who am I kidding, I'll probably end up shelling out for Robin and anyone else that I can get my hands on

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
I expected the Catwoman DLC to be a simple 100k file, not a 217MB download #awesome

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GatorfanStovy
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Yea catwomen file was pretty good just for a character IMO.She is pretty fun and has some killer kicking combo's .h

I didn't know Night Wing was gonna be downloadable sweet.What other people are in store for?Would be nice to find out soon.

hitman625
10-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Yea catwomen file was pretty good just for a character IMO.She is pretty fun and has some killer kicking combo's .h

I didn't know Night Wing was gonna be downloadable sweet.What other people are in store for?Would be nice to find out soon.

Yea Nightwing should be available on Nov 1 for $7(same as Robin)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=83091

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Arkham City buyers encounter numerous DLC code issues [update: Warner responds, working on fix] (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/18/arkham-city-buyers-encounter-numerous-dlc-code-issues/)

LOL there was a screw up in packaging. My DLC worked just fine, but I got two manuals :D

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 12:31 PM
If anyone has an extra code from this (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/18/drink-nos-get-a-batman-beyond-skin-for-arkham-city/), I'll take it.

I OU a Beatn
10-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Screw that, NOS is terrible.

GatorfanStovy
10-19-2011, 05:15 PM
my dlc worked fine. do we get robin in story mode or just challenge mode?

JBHuskers
10-20-2011, 09:03 AM
AWESOME! :D :D :D :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/arkham1.jpg

AustinWolv
10-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Nice.......very nice.....

GatorfanStovy
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Can some one help me out on hot to defeat Penguin?So I can disable the freeze.I can't seem to get close or don't know how.Getting annoying here.

JBHuskers
10-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Arkham City Sells 2 Million Copies In First Week http://bit.ly/sCWhBK

JBHuskers
10-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Nightwing DLC footage is electric, sticks Nov. 1 landing (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/26/nightwing-dlc-footage-is-electric-sticks-nov-1-landing/)

baseballplyrmvp
10-30-2011, 01:38 PM
is this game worth picking up? or should i just wait for skyrim to come out if i'm wanting a long lasting rpg?

GatorfanStovy
10-30-2011, 02:45 PM
This game is boss baseballplymvp.I would pick it up unless your more interested in skyrim. It has a lot of reply value and awesome graphics and good story line. But if you can wait then go for it.

oweb26
10-30-2011, 05:33 PM
I have this game and havent even opened it yet.

CLW
10-30-2011, 06:52 PM
I've been waiting for this one on GameFly but alas its never available when I mail a game back.

GatorfanStovy
10-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Dam beating the Joker and his thugs are going to be a pain in the ass already on my 8 try shit.

hitman625
10-31-2011, 02:54 PM
I beat this game on Normal in 5 days(rented it Tuesday morning and beat it Sat night). Granted, I did not finish all of the side missions I did finish the majority of them and the only reason I didn't knock those out was b/c the main story was so engrossing that I just kept moving along without even thinking. Even after beating the game, I would still get it b/c the replayability is so high.

natcret
11-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Can some one help me out on hot to defeat Penguin?So I can disable the freeze.I can't seem to get close or don't know how.Getting annoying here.

Sneak around the upper level where Penguin is until you get the the entrance to the platform he is standing on. Time your move so you get about halfway down the platform, when Penguin reloads, scan your Disruptor on the gun and BAM, he can't use it and you can slap him around.

natcret
11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Have been playing the game and I must say that it is awesome. I recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it. The side missions and other things are good and the story line is done really well.

GatorfanStovy
11-03-2011, 12:01 AM
So I just completed the story mode for Batman AC.Just an awesome finish but really that was it ? All that running around and not even a fight out of the Joker jeez. Now I guess it is time for side missions I guess. I was bummed we didn't get to play as Robin tho in the story line such a downer.But all in a great story just was hoping for a epic more of an ending,

JBHuskers
11-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Use spoiler tags if you're going to mention anything about the endgame.

oweb26
11-03-2011, 08:50 AM
LOL yeah I read that, but luckily I don't mind spoilers to the ending of anything.

GatorfanStovy
11-03-2011, 11:18 AM
my bad guys.I didn't even think or know how to do that.

JBHuskers
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
my bad guys.I didn't even think or know how to do that.

Hit go advanced, and there is a little black box with spoiler written on it diagonally.

GatorfanStovy
11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Hit go advanced, and there is a little black box with spoiler written on it diagonally.

OK done deal and will remember that for next time.

cdj
11-11-2011, 10:12 AM
So I just completed the story mode for Batman AC.Just an awesome finish but really that was it ? All that running around and not even a fight out of the Joker jeez. Now I guess it is time for side missions I guess. I was bummed we didn't get to play as Robin tho in the story line such a downer.But all in a great story just was hoping for a epic more of an ending,

I finished the main Story last night. Very good game, but sometimes I felt the controls were wonky. That was my only issue with the game, that and the world design. Why is it U-shaped? The Restricted Area should have been in the center of the circle so the user could go from one side to the other easier/quicker.

For those who have finished:
I agree, Stovy. I thought there would be a bigger battle or conclusion to the game, but I think they wanted to go with the shock of Joker dying.

JBHuskers
11-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I finished the main Story last night. Very good game, but sometimes I felt the controls were wonky. That was my only issue with the game, that and the world design. Why is it U-shaped? The Restricted Area should have been in the center of the circle so the user could go from one side to the other easier/quicker.

For those who have finished:
I agree, Stovy. I thought there would be a bigger battle or conclusion to the game, but I think they wanted to go with the shock of Joker dying.

What % are you at after beating the main story?

cdj
11-11-2011, 10:49 AM
46% or so I think. I've done a decent amount of side missions, though.

oweb26
11-11-2011, 10:56 AM
HA HA I know you put the spoiler tag, but I really wasn't expecting the what happened at the end spoiler. LOL@me

cdj
11-27-2011, 08:48 PM
More DLC coming December 20.

Link (https://twitter.com/#!/arkhamcitynews/status/140527561917730816): Brand new DLC coming December 20th with all new Batcave. Jokers carnival and the iceberg lounge also available to download then!

I'm assuming these are just Challenge Maps - my least favorite part of the game.

cdj
12-05-2011, 10:24 PM
GameStop has the Batman Skins Pack listed as being available tomorrow for $4.99 (http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/dlc/batman-arkham-city-skins-pack-dlc/97712). This will include all of the Batman skins that were available as part of pre-order bonuses. [Year One, TDKR, 1970s, Earth One, TAS, Batman Beyond & the Sinestro Corps skin]

AFAIK, Rock Steady hasn't confirmed this but they haven't tweeted since Nov. 30.

cdj
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Posting on the official "Arkham City" site, game director Sefton Hill announced this morning that the suit access and free skin were to show Rocksteady's appreciation for the game's success.

"We have had an amazing release of 'Batman: Arkham City' and we wanted to thank you all for your incredible support before, during, and after the game's release. As a token of our appreciation, we'll be offering a brand new, totally super sweet, 'Batman Inc.' Batsuit skin absolutely free," said Hill.

The skin goes live sometime tomorrow on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Games for Windows. In the meantime, those of you who love the game enough to buy alternate skins – yet have inexplicably not finished the campaign – can pick your favorite suit by entering this code: Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down. You'll get an audio tone letting you know you've entered the code correctly. Now I feel like a Nintendo HelpLine operator.

Also available today is the Batcave DLC pack, which includes the Iceberg Lounge and Joker's Carnival challenge rooms, as well as the new Batcave environment, naturally.

cdj
05-05-2012, 09:56 PM
- "Game of the Year" edition comes out May 29 and will include the "Harley Quinn's Revenge" expansion.

- The "Harley Quinn's Revenge" expansion will be available as DLC on May 29 for us commoners who already own the game. I'm struggling to find a lot of firm details on what it offers. I'm assuming it is some additional side missions based on it being based on Harley Quinn and the storyline (ending) of the game.

- The cover art for the GOTY edition is pretty, well......see for yourself:

http://www.vgblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/23/BatmanArkhamCity_GameOfTheYearEdition.jpg

JeffHCross
05-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Wait until Black Friday, wait until Black Friday, wait until Black Friday ...

JBHuskers
05-06-2012, 11:20 AM
One of the many games I've started and need to get back into.

souljahbill
05-06-2012, 01:15 PM
One of the many games I've started and need to get back into.

Ditto

I OU a Beatn
05-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I actually beat it but I still have all the Riddler stuff to do.

cdj
05-15-2012, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj2Qatm6S_M

morsdraconis
05-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Harley Quinn has always been my favorite villain outside of Joker. Her insanity combined with her sexuality is just PERFECT.

cdj
05-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Another trailer for Harley Quinn's Revenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5dTp3ThvJs

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Harley Quinn ... is just PERFECT.Mors likes 'em hot and crazy. Who knew.

souljahbill
05-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Can't lie, I'd hit Harley Quinn.*

*Contigent on her being real and looking like the Batman:Arkham Asylum/City model

CLW
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
O.K. I just started playing this bad boy and WOW what an AWESOME game. I'm not very good but the story mode thus far is compelling and the graphics and gameplay are beautiful.