PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, 2011

Oneback
08-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Clemson (1-0) vs Maryland (1-0)

Last week, the Tigers won 38-3 vs. ECU (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets announced their decisions:

CB Jamar Leach VT
MLB Roger Coleman Clem

#25 Texas Tech (0-1)has a bye week

Last week, the Red Raiders lost 41-7 vs. Florida State (1-0)

In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets announced their decisions:

WR Tyree O'Neal BYU
MLB Ryan Richardson ND

#13 Ohio State (1-0) vs #11 Miami (1-0)

Last week, the Buckeyes won 45-14 vs. Rice (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets announced their decisions:

T Dwayne Weber Pitt

#15 Oklahoma (1-0) vs #16 Arkansas (1-0)

Last week, the Sooners won 59-0 vs. UL Monroe (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets announced their decisions:

CB Jamar Leach VT
MLB Roger Coleman Clem
SS Matt Miller USC
OLB Marcel Jackson Miz
MLB Tyrone Austin Mia

#8 Michigan (1-0) at #12 USC (0-1)

Last week, the Wolverines won 31-6 vs. Eastern Michigan (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets announced their decisions:

MLB Scott Lane Bama
SS Matt Miller USC
DT Steve Douglas UGA

#11 Miami (1-0) at #13 Ohio State (1-0)

Last week, the Hurricanes won 58-23 vs. Florida Atlantic (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Miami targets announced their decisions:

MLB Roger Coleman Clem
MLB Tyrone Austin Mia

#1 Texas (1-0) vs #10 TCU (1-0)

Last week, the Longhorns won 55-13 vs. Alabama (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Texas targets announced their decisions:

CB Jamar Leach VT
SS Matt Miller USC

#7 Florida State (1-0) at Virginia (0-0)

Last week, the Seminoles won 41-7 at Texas Tech (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets announced their decisions:

OLB Joel Brown Bama
FS Frank Johnson UGA

#12 USC (0-1) vs #8 Michigan (1-0)

Last week, the Trojans lost 28-14 vs. Penn State (1-0)

In recruiting news, the following USC targets announced their decisions:

MLB Scott Lane Bama
DT Steve Douglas UGA
SS Matt Miller USC
OLB William Brown Oreg
MLB Roland O'Connor USC

#6 Virginia Tech (1-0) vs Duke (0-0)

Last week, the Hokies won 66-45 vs. Marshall (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets announced their decisions:

MLB Roger Coleman Clem
CB Jamar Leach VT
MLB Reggie Alexander VT

#3 Wisconsin (1-0) at Oregon State (0-1)

Last week, the Badgers won 63-14 vs. UNLV (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets announced their decisions:

G Daniel Nash Miz

#2 Penn State (1-0) at #9 Alabama (0-1)

Last week, the Nittany Lions won 28-14 at USC (0-1)

In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets announced their decisions:

MLB Scott Lane Bama

Oneback
08-31-2010, 09:27 PM
psuexv,

Let's go ahead and rechedule for tomorrow. Waking up at 4:45 this morning isn't treating me well right now. Fell asleep waiting for a few minutes...I hope all is well with your boy.

psuexv
08-31-2010, 09:32 PM
No problem just got him down. I saw I just missed you. Tomorrow it is.

texacotea
09-01-2010, 05:03 AM
Jeff whats today look like for you?

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 06:44 AM
I should be home around 7 or 730 ET

texacotea
09-01-2010, 11:08 AM
What about 930pm est tonight?

gschwendt
09-01-2010, 12:10 PM
30 carries, 306 yards, 4 touchdowns.

Through two games, Wisconsin HB John Clay has 60 carries for 564 yards with 10 touchdowns.

Oneback
09-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Ouch, Michigan does not like.

Oneback
09-01-2010, 12:43 PM
psuexv,

What's your schedule like today?

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
What about 930pm est tonight?That'd be fine.

psuexv
09-01-2010, 01:19 PM
I'll should be on around 8:30 or so EST. Anytime after that.

Papa LoneStar
09-01-2010, 05:43 PM
The #1 Texas Longhorns beat the #10 Horned Frogs of TCU 66-35 in Fort Worth.
The TCU offense shredded the Longhorn defense....passing for 390 yards and rushing for 202 yards.
Texas junior QB Garrett Gilbert kept the Horns in control by passing for 353 yards and 5 TDs....along with 1 INT.
Longhorn rushing duo Chris Whaley and Fozzy Whitaker combined for 147 yards (Whaley 96, Whitaker 59) and Chris included 3 TDs.
Junior speedster Marquise Goodwin continued his stellar play for the 2011 campaign....catching 4 balls for 127 yards and 2 TDs. Senior TE Ahmard Howard included 102 yards and 2 TDs and the explosive DJ Monroe had 100 receiving yards including a 65 yard TD.
All-American CB Aaron Williams was the ONLY bright spot for the Longhorn defense....catching 2 INTs in the endzone and returning one of 'em for 107 yard TD....adding 5 tackles (1 TFL).
The Longhorns have their first recruiting weekend next week as they host Nebraska....notable recruits visiting....the #1 rated QB and RB in the 2012 recruiting class.

Oneback
09-01-2010, 06:16 PM
psuexv,

I may not be able to record our game tonight. I updated my drivers for the HD PVR and am unable to capture video/get an error when trying to capture. I am hoping to hear back from support soon.

g, have you had this problem with your unit at all?

gschwendt
09-01-2010, 06:34 PM
psuexv,

I may not be able to record our game tonight. I updated my drivers for the HD PVR and am unable to capture video/get an error when trying to capture. I am hoping to hear back from support soon.

g, have you had this problem with your unit at all?No... I haven't updated all that recently though.

Iron Dragon
09-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Oklahoma knocks down three shots at endzone, survives roadtrip to #16 Arkansas in 38-35 victory

Dejuan Miller's 59 yard reception set up Jermie Calhoun's second TD run of the day to retake the lead from Arkansas after Tyler Wilson's 33 yard strike to Wright wiht 1:02 to play. Oklahoma and Arkansas's offenses came alive to score 57 of the game's 73 points in the second half.

Ibiloye jumped in front of a pass to the endzone as time expired to keep the game in Oklahoma's win column.

Landry Jones threw for 418 yards on 40 attempts with 27 completions with 1 TD to 2 INTs.

Jermie Calhoun had 15 rush attempts for 112 yards and 2 TDs. Calhoun also caught 5 recs for 50 yards as Arkansas blitzed heavily at times and Calhoun snuck away for an easy first down.

Brennan Clay had 7 carries for 27 yards and 2 TDs.

Dejuan Miller had 8 receptions for 192 yards and a TD. Ryan Broyles had 6 grabs for 87 yards.

David King led the Sooners in sacks with two. Alexander, McFarland and McGee all added one sack. Tom Wort had an INT along with 3 deflections. Jaydan Bird forced and recovered a fumble.

Tyler Wilson torched OU's D for 383 yards and 4 TDs. Ronnie Wingo Jr had 163 yards and a TD and broke 11 tackles, which is a little crazy.

Oneback
09-01-2010, 08:21 PM
psuexv,

I am online and ready when you are.

psuexv
09-01-2010, 08:28 PM
psuexv,

I am online and ready when you are.

Invite sent... you still out there.

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow, talk about never having a chance.

Ohio State gives Miami the ball twice on its own side of the 50 in the first quarter, and instantly goes down 13-0.

The Buckeyes have a chance to trim the lead to 19-14 at the end of the first half, but like the Penn State game last year, the QB forces a pass into the end zone and is picked off. Turnovers were the story of the day, easily, as the Miami defense picks off sophomore QB Joe Germaine 5 times.

The scary thing is the Buckeyes otherwise had a good day ... 19-25 passing (if you ignore the INTs) and 7/8 on 3rd down.

Miami's D is damn good though at making big plays.

fsuprime
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
if iron dragon and kingpin recruit we could advance tonight, yay :)

Oneback
09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Awesome game man...while I was down 14-0 and unable to stop your running game I thought you were just going to walk away with the game. Once we went into the locker room at half and I was down 14-7 and knowing I get the kickoff I started feeling a lot better, scoring 14 unanswered in the 3rd quarter I just kept saying hold on defense and let's win this game. Two missed field goals in the 4th and I thought for sure you would win it in OT.

I think I almost woke up my son when I picked that ball off in OT...I knew then I just needed to stay in the middle of the field and the game was mine. Michael Cox had other plans though as he took it to the endzone.

Again great game. You've got a great squad there.

27-21 and "Hail to the Victors" fill the streets of Ann Arbor.

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 09:53 PM
if iron dragon and kingpin recruit we could advance tonight, yay :)
Like any of us are going to be doing anything besides watching games tomorrow night.

Kingpin32
09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm all done.

psuexv
09-01-2010, 10:04 PM
It really was a heck of a game. Very nice win for the Wolverines. The two big turning points I think were in the 2nd quarter I was up 14-0, held you on offense and got the ball back. Your d game out and forced a 3 and out and your offense then put one on the board. That and the drive to open the 2nd half. Your Oline came out of the locker room on a mission, opening up huge holes. I think Cox had 100 of his 138 in the 2nd half.

Extremely balanced game too. Both QBs threw for around 200 and both RBs had 130.

I knew when the ball went flying straight up in OT I was in trouble. I watched the replay and I probably would have had my TE.

Great game and good luck in the Big Ten... when Cox and Clay matchup that should be a heck of a game.

Oneback
09-01-2010, 10:04 PM
How's this for opening the second half in a game where you are down 14-7:

1. 9 yd rush, Michael Cox
2. 18 yd rush, Michael Cox
3. 10 yd rush, Michael Cox
4. 12 yard rush, Michael Cox
5. 7 yd rush, Michael Cox
6. 8 yd rush (TD), Nate Cleveland

Six plays, six rushes, tie game. What surprised me the most is that I COULD NOT run the ball in the first half.

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Pearson was knocked out of the game against Miami ... meaning I lost my starting RB for the second straight game, mid-game. If that trend continues, it could be a very long year for my offense. Germaine displayed some flashes today, but he can't carry the entire offense.

psuexv
09-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Like any of us are going to be doing anything besides watching games tomorrow night.

Snoop still needs to play.

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Wrong quote ;)

psuexv
09-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Yeah thought it would give me both of them

fsuprime
09-01-2010, 10:40 PM
i think snoops playing now, fsuprime will now pray for an iron dragon miracle to get on a recruit to give us a midnight advance ;)

psuexv
09-01-2010, 10:45 PM
psuexv will join you prime. Might as well form a prayer group

Papa LoneStar
09-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I am with you, my brothers. I just knew I was gonna play Nebraska tonight

fsuprime
09-01-2010, 11:31 PM
penn st is done, anyone want to bother oneback and see if he has IDs #? ;) i think ive used up my oneback texts for the week

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 11:34 PM
penn st is done, anyone want to bother oneback and see if he has IDs #? ;) i think ive used up my oneback texts for the weekThe guy works at like 5 am ... I think we can afford to be patient.

Besides, as I said ... the season starts tomorrow. I wouldn't expect we'll roll very fast tomorrow anyway.

fsuprime
09-01-2010, 11:35 PM
ah, im never sure when he is up until because of the weirdo texas time zone.

Papa LoneStar
09-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Texas has the perfect time zone....that's why your primetime sporting events either start too early or too late :-p

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 11:57 PM
ah, im never sure when he is up until because of the weirdo texas time zone.Subtract 1 hour.

Not so weirdo.

fsuprime
09-01-2010, 11:59 PM
honestly i like west coast time zone, i love waking up at 830am and the games are about to start already, and they continue until 11 at night...i dont watch as many west coast games as i normally would now that im back east....central and mountain are just lame all around :)

and jeff some day levity wont be so lost on you :)

JeffHCross
09-02-2010, 12:03 AM
and jeff some day levity wont be so lost on you :)Levity is never lost on me ;) But sometimes I don't care enough to care. ;)

Papa LoneStar
09-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Yea....I lived in Washington for a few years (Army brat)....and it was right around the time I started getting into college football (Texas & Nebraska). I'll stick to my 11am-11pm college football Saturday :-)

texacotea
09-02-2010, 05:05 AM
Great Game Jeff, Turnovers hurt but could have been worse. Opening drive Miami moves into the redzone only to kick a FG. After the fumble much of the same from the first drive. After the INT we finally punch it in to go up 13-0. tOSU had a chance @ the half to bring close and got the ball back in the 2nd half.

Boy do I love Eddie George not being there :)

Jeff,

Seen that you said I set my big hit to aggressive in the scouting report, I dont I leave all that alone because it usually hurts me later on. I do have a floppy R stick because I filck it ALL THE TIME.

Oneback
09-02-2010, 05:32 AM
penn st is done, anyone want to bother oneback and see if he has IDs #? ;) i think ive used up my oneback texts for the week

Never, I texted ID last night to see if he was donw but haven't heard anything back.

psusnoop
09-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Maybe it is me, but I always like to recruit before I play my games. It just makes things easier and keeps my week in line. Recruit, play, WIN!

psusnoop
09-02-2010, 06:28 AM
I was a little slow on my game sorry about that. I sat around for about an hour the one night awaiting a game that never happened. It's all good now though as PSU is ready to battle for the Big 10 Championship.

SR HB Green is hurt and out for 3 weeks.

Not a bad thing really because at the start of the year, I took advantage of the formation subs and I'm rotating a 4 back system (now 3) to see which player wants to tout the rock more. Right now Beachum is sure making an impression but a fumble in the rain against Bama didn't help his case. Coach Snoop was seen wrapping tape around the ball and his hands before going in for Halftime.

fsuprime
09-02-2010, 09:10 AM
yea i always recruit first, just to make sure i dont mess up a recruiting weekend and also cause it does not take so long and its my favorite part of the week ;)

Papa LoneStar
09-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree with Prime....it just feels right to recruit first for me. For some reason....I feel like playing the game after I recruit makes an impression on the recruits....lol

skipwondah33
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
The reason I always recruit first is because last year or the year before I thought it would mess things up with the advance, i.e wiping out the actual result of a game and simulating it.

I don't know if that was correct but I always did it in the order to prevent it in my mind.

psuexv
09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
For some reason....I feel like playing the game after I recruit makes an impression on the recruits....lol

LOL I feel the same way. Especially if I have a visit set up, feel I need to recruit them first and set activities.

Oneback
09-02-2010, 10:44 AM
It's even more important to recruit first now this year as everything updates automatically. I've seen recruits be ready for a visit, I jump on and schedule a visit and then PSU is unable to schedule for that week just because he got on after I did.

psuexv
09-02-2010, 11:02 AM
OB - were you able to record the game last night? I'd love to rewatch it. I've been going over it most of the day in my head but would love to watch the real thing. I really need to get something to capture my games.

psusnoop
09-02-2010, 11:02 AM
It's even more important to recruit first now this year as everything updates automatically. I've seen recruits be ready for a visit, I jump on and schedule a visit and then PSU is unable to schedule for that week just because he got on after I did.

Exactly, another reason why I hate being so late each week to play or hop on. This week I recruited rather early then played my game another day.

Also about the updating quickly, on the console you don't see anyone having offered a recruit, but if you go online you can see what user teams are offering the recruit you are going after.

Oneback
09-02-2010, 11:08 AM
OB - were you able to record the game last night? I'd love to rewatch it. I've been going over it most of the day in my head but would love to watch the real thing. I really need to get something to capture my games.

I wasn't, I got a reply from support this morning...so I am going to try it out when I get home. Hopefully it will resolve my issue. I was really hoping to record all the games and create a highlight video at the end of the season just to play around with Sony Vegas more.

JeffHCross
09-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Also about the updating quickly, on the console you don't see anyone having offered a recruit, but if you go online you can see what user teams are offering the recruit you are going after.Yes and no. It's about when you download the file, I think. It's my belief (note: haven't tested, just based on observation) that if you waited until you were the last guy to even log into the OD, you would have seen the scholarships that had been offered by other people. Same thing with visits. If I had logged into the OD at the same time you and Oneback did during Season 1, I would have been able to offer that WR a visit in Week 6, or whatever it was. The fact that both of you logged in, did your recruiting, and uploaded your recruiting results before I logged in was what did me in.

I like it, overall, because it's impossible for a guy to visit two schools in the same week. But I would also like to see visits not carry so much weight for every player. Plenty of guys take most, if not all, of their official visits before committing.

psusnoop
09-02-2010, 11:48 AM
That is true, kinda forgot about that week 6 visit.

Visits sure do carry a lot of weight.

Iron Dragon
09-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Oneback, I never got your texts. I did my recruiting, but I don't think it uploaded so I'm doing it now.

Iron Dragon
09-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Alright, sorry for the holdup guys, but we should be ready to go now.

JeffHCross
09-02-2010, 10:29 PM
The reason I always recruit first is because last year or the year before I thought it would mess things up with the advance, i.e wiping out the actual result of a game and simulating it.I believe it was last year that there were a lot of problems with results not loading properly and then being simulated. I don't think any of them were directly affected by recruiting after your game, but it's possible it was an influence.

I think I had three games I played simulated over the course of the release. All three were deciding factors in whether or not I won the conference too :(

fsuprime
09-02-2010, 11:27 PM
i had a game simulated on a huge recruiting weekend vs auburn in the first season i joined up last year after my break from the game and it set back the tigers big time moving forward, my team was not competitive until the last 2 seasons.

JeffHCross
09-03-2010, 10:25 PM
That is true, kinda forgot about that week 6 visit.Geez, it took a while to find this post again.

Just to reiterate what I was talking about ... last night I hopped on quick after the Ohio State game, and somehow managed to get in before either you or Skip had uploaded your recruiting. I saved the file, however I didn't actually do my recruiting until today.

If I look at the guys on my board, I don't see any visits beside my own, and I was allowed to schedule for all games.

After playing my ND game, I looked at recruiting on the online site. For the #1 MLB, I see you pulled him in for Week 3, and Skip pulled him in for Week 5. I'm fairly certain that if I hadn't saved the OD last night, when I went to recruit today, skip would have seized my Week 5 visit from me. As it is, we'll both get him Week 5.

psusnoop
09-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Ah that is some worthy bits of information right there.