3:30 PM|Southern Methodist Mustangs|Texas Tech Red Raiders|ESPN
|||
Monday September 6|||
Time (ET)|Visiting Team|Home Team|TV
4:00 PM|Navy Midshipmen|Maryland Terrapins|ESPN
8:00 PM|3 Boise State Broncos|10 Virginia Tech Hokies|ESPN

morsdraconis
08-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I can't believe it's football again already. I can't fuckin' wait until Thursday!

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2010, 11:54 AM
To hell with Thursday, I can't wait for Monday! :)

cdj
08-30-2010, 01:04 PM
The last two weeks FLEW by....can't believe it's FB time again!

Boise-VT, SMU-Tech, LSU-NC, OSU-TCU, UConn-Mich are the games that stand out to me so far.

JeffHCross
08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
The last two weeks FLEW by....can't believe it's FB time again!

Boise-VT, SMU-Tech, LSU-NC, OSU-TCU, UConn-Mich are the games that stand out to me so far.Who? We play Marshall. ;) ;) ;)

I'm going to be going crazy Thursday afternoon. I might have to take a half day.

HWill
08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Who? We play Marshall. ;) ;) ;)

I'm going to be going crazy Thursday afternoon. I might have to take a half day.

I am taking Thursday and Friday off because I know I won't be able to focus on anything else.

CLW
08-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Some definite good games to catch. The obvious showdowns are LSU/UNC and Boise/VT. IMO, if Boise escapes Tech in DC they probably run the table.

jaymo76
08-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Some good matchups there. I would love to see Boise vs Virginia Tech (but no ESPN in Canada). It should be a great game. Go Broncos!

morsdraconis
08-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Some good matchups there. I would love to see Boise vs Virginia Tech (but no ESPN in Canada). It should be a great game. Go Broncos!

I have a possible solution to that if you are ok with "illegal" ways.

jaymo76
08-31-2010, 07:27 PM
;
I have a possible solution to that if you are ok with "illegal" ways.

I'm listeneing... I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...;)

morsdraconis
08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
;

I'm listeneing... I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...;)

Sent ya a PM.

ram29jackson
09-01-2010, 06:45 PM
who the hell are the Presbyterian blue hose ?

SmoothPancakes
09-01-2010, 07:04 PM
who the hell are the Presbyterian blue hose ?

A bunch of nuns with giant ass yardsticks and rulers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/AKS74/nun03.jpg

ram29jackson
09-01-2010, 07:46 PM
A bunch of nuns with giant ass yardsticks and rulers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/AKS74/nun03.jpg

I would like you to meet the Drivers ed. teacher - sister Mary Crankshaft

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Some good matchups there. I would love to see Boise vs Virginia Tech (but no ESPN in Canada). It should be a great game. Go Broncos!Yay logic! You get South Carolina and Southern Miss, but no Boise/VT. That's genius!

NatureBoy
09-02-2010, 01:38 PM
:South_Carolina: I'm more than ready for some Gamecock football tonight! :South_Carolina:

JBHuskers
09-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Six games tonight and even a late game....so we're going to get around 6 hours of Thursday night college football!!!!!

SmoothPancakes
09-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Well, doesn't look like we're gonna have another Navy-Ohio State this year. Marshall fumbles away the opening kickoff, Ohio State promptly scores, OSU holds Marshall to 3 and out, and then the Bucks promptly score again. A mere 4 1/2 minutes into the game, and already 14-0 Buckeyes.

morsdraconis
09-02-2010, 08:12 PM
35-7 now and it's a blowout.

I just hope Marshall continues to play so shitty against WVU (though they probably won't cause those fuckers treat the WVU - Marshall game like it's their Super Bowl or some shit and WVU doesn't even want to play their shitty teams).

JeffHCross
09-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, doesn't look like we're gonna have another Navy-Ohio State this year.We've still got Eastern Michigan and Ohio to play. :D

Ohio State looked good tonight. Pryor was very impressive, and the running game was ridiculously strong. Expected given the competition, but still good to see in Week 1.

Jamaal Berry definitely showed up in the 4th quarter, and Kenny Guiton looks to be a darn good QB down the line.

NatureBoy
09-02-2010, 10:33 PM
:thumbsup: :South_Carolina: Big win tonight for my Gamecocks. Spurrier goes to 20-1 in season opening games.

JeffHCross
09-02-2010, 11:03 PM
If anybody missed the end of Utah - Pitt at regulation ... finally, finally a coach got bitten by the rule that allows them to call a Timeout right before the kicker kicks a late FG.

Pitt's kicker easily made his first FG to tie the game at 24-24 with no time on the clock.
Except, oh wait, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham called timeout.
Then the kicker hooked it left, pretty hard. Never had a chance. Utah wins, 24-21.
Except, oh wait, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham called timeout.
Finally, on his third try, the Pitt kicker made the FG ... this time BARELY skirting it inside the left upright (kicking from the left hash). That thing wanted to hook bad.

cdj
09-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I thought I was going to head to bed with USC blowing out Hawaii.....but the Warriors have just pulled within 20-13 in the 2nd qtr.

My eyes about rolled out of my head after USC's first score...Mark Jones: "The Men of Troy are back!" Gag me!

JeffHCross
09-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Does anybody else occassionally see plays, hit pause, backup, and then try to figure out which NCAA formation the team just ran?

I saw at least one formation tonight that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist in any form in NCAA. Essentially a Strong-I Goalline. Was pretty cool.

morsdraconis
09-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Does anybody else occassionally see plays, hit pause, backup, and then try to figure out which NCAA formation the team just ran?

Absolutely. Been doing that all night. Pleasantly surprised to see Hawai'i run their R&S offense out of the Pistol. Pretty cool to watch.

I saw at least one formation tonight that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist in any form in NCAA. Essentially a Strong-I Goalline. Was pretty cool.

What team ran that formation?

And all I can say is EAT SHIT sPITT!

Roy38
09-03-2010, 01:01 AM
I caught Mark's comment too. It's like he wrote down a bunch of one-liners and picked one off the list. All I kept thinking was, "So, are they back to their cheating ways?"

For the record, I fucking hate USC. My ass is still bleeding from the whipping they gave us back in the National Championship game. To cheat in the manner they have, they get everything they deserve. I hated Pete Carroll, but I hate Lane Kiffin worse. What an arrogant son of a bitch. Did you catch the pre-game comment from Shelly Smith? She interviewed Lane about the infractions he committed at Tennessee and he said they were intentional. He said it was important to put your program out in the spotlight, especially for a program like Tennessee that needs to get attention. However, at USC, that won't be needed because USC is already in the spotlight.

Also, he made a comment earlier this summer after the violations and penalties were announced at USC. He said they'd just get scholarships from the other athletic teams at USC and they'd be fine. Seriously?

That guy is a retard.

morsdraconis
09-03-2010, 02:29 AM
I caught Mark's comment too. It's like he wrote down a bunch of one-liners and picked one off the list. All I kept thinking was, "So, are they back to their cheating ways?"

For the record, I fucking hate USC. My ass is still bleeding from the whipping they gave us back in the National Championship game. To cheat in the manner they have, they get everything they deserve. I hated Pete Carroll, but I hate Lane Kiffin worse. What an arrogant son of a bitch. Did you catch the pre-game comment from Shelly Smith? She interviewed Lane about the infractions he committed at Tennessee and he said they were intentional. He said it was important to put your program out in the spotlight, especially for a program like Tennessee that needs to get attention. However, at USC, that won't be needed because USC is already in the spotlight.

Also, he made a comment earlier this summer after the violations and penalties were announced at USC. He said they'd just get scholarships from the other athletic teams at USC and they'd be fine. Seriously?

That guy is a retard.

Wow, I totally missed that bullshit.

Fuck him. I didn't like him before but that shit is just ridiculous. I hope those fuckers lose every game now. Almost blew it against a SHITTY Hawai'i too team. Funny as hell.

UGA14
09-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Looking forward to settling South Carolina down next week. This week, I would hope to God we can beat UL Lafayette.

steelerfan
09-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Had Pitt on the moneyline (+130), lost 1 unit. Had Hawaii ATS (+23), won 5 units.

Overall, a good night. I'll probably stay away from tonight's action. I'm looking at TTU/SMU over 60.5. I shoulda jumped on LSU yesterday but I wanted to see how I did last night. Now, the line has moved so much. KSU looks interesting too, need to take a closer look.

Roy38
09-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I know. I was surprised there wasn't any discussion about it after she completed her sideline report. The idiots in the booth just smiled and went on with their dry humping of Lane and Monty Kiffin. I should go check the Tennessee message boards and see what they're saying about it.

In regards to the other comment, my jaw hit the floor when I heard him say it. He's acting like USC is above everyone else including the NCAA. I mean to say you're going to circumvent the restrictions by doing more under the table bullshit is both frightening and sickening.

I'll go on record as saying he'll be at USC for at least 4-5 years. They'll be fine for awhile, but they won't win like they have in the past. The school will let him coach through their restrictions and give him a couple of years before they realize he's an asshole that can't coach anything and then shit-can his arrogant ass. That is, unless his mouth keeps running and they have to make a move sooner..

JeffHCross
09-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't think anything Lane Kiffin does or says will surprise me anymore. His dad is so well respected around the game, I can't believe how far the apple has fallen from the tree.

USC should have lost that game last night, plain and simple. They lucked their way into a win with a couple breaks (namely a bad call by the refs and the punt return).

What team ran that formation?Buckeyes.

cdj
09-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Back in 03 when Pelini originally thought he might get the Nebraska job, Lane had verbally agreed to come to Lincoln as the OC as he and Bo are friends. I wonder if his friends feel Lane has changed or if he's always been this way. From the outside, it sure seems like he's not all there. Monte is very respected for his NFL work, but he was upset at the University (or maybe certain people) for a long time that Tom Osborne got the HC job back in 1973 instead of him. I don't think it was until the last few years that he started to become associated with Nebraska again. His other son (Chris) was on the NU staff the last couple years (minor role) and married one of the women's basketball assistant coaches before taking a job at USC with Lane.

Enough of the Kiffin life story ;)....my DVR is full with scheduled recordings for tomorrow. I'll get to catch the first set of games before heading to Lincoln for the big showdown with WKU. Not looking forward to the increased $15 parking fee however.

It sounds like the LSU-UNC game could be embarrassing for the Heels. On national TV they'll have the announcers constantly discussing the suspensions and may get waxed to boot.

SmoothPancakes
09-03-2010, 11:57 PM
It sounds like the LSU-UNC game could be embarrassing for the Heels. On national TV they'll have the announcers constantly discussing the suspensions and may get waxed to boot.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to the LSU-UNC game. Now I'm not sure if it'll even be a game now. If I saw right, 6 or 7 starters ineligible for the game, another starter being withheld, and a total of 13 players ineligible or being withheld. That's gonna hit UNC hard, especially having that many starters not playing and then going up against a team like LSU. This went from potentially being a great opening weekend game, to probably a whipping by LSU.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Well, and the guys that aren't starting are not just starters ... they're potential first round draft picks to boot.

Though the Heels did get 2 of their players back late tonight. It's theoretically possible that a few more could get reinstated overnight.

UGA14
09-04-2010, 09:16 AM
The Heels are VASTLY overrated, especially here in the Carolinas. The quarterback, Yates, has never been that special, just average. They play in a weak ACC conference where being mediocre makes you look great to everyone else because you can win 10 games with ease.

That said, it's like Christmas day. Can't wait to see UGA's new D and new QB opening against a marginal team. Then onto next week where I hope we can put USCjr's hopes and dreams to rest. They beat one average team and suddenly their fans (not the one on this site... in general) believe they're going to run gauntlet on the entire SEC.

Roy38
09-04-2010, 10:10 AM
UNC has loads of talent. They also have John Blake. Great recruiter, no so great coach.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Florida's offense is looking so bad. So, horribly, bad. Miami leads 3-0, and if they had a half-decent offense, it would be at least 14-0.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 02:06 PM
This Florida / Miami game might be one of the worst games I've ever watched. Both offenses are playing horribly (and only one of them was expected to be bad).

HWill
09-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Is anyone else witnessing the massacre that is New Mexico-Oregon? 59-0 at half. Sheesh.

CLW
09-04-2010, 05:19 PM

That guy is a retard.

I know. I was surprised there wasn't any discussion about it after she completed her sideline report. The idiots in the booth just smiled and went on with their dry humping of Lane and Monty Kiffin. I should go check the Tennessee message boards and see what they're saying about it.

In regards to the other comment, my jaw hit the floor when I heard him say it. He's acting like USC is above everyone else including the NCAA. I mean to say you're going to circumvent the restrictions by doing more under the table bullshit is both frightening and sickening.

I'll go on record as saying he'll be at USC for at least 4-5 years. They'll be fine for awhile, but they won't win like they have in the past. The school will let him coach through their restrictions and give him a couple of years before they realize he's an asshole that can't coach anything and then shit-can his arrogant ass. That is, unless his mouth keeps running and they have to make a move sooner..

USC's run is OVER. Kiffin is an idiot and he will either get caught with major NCAA infractions again or he will simply get out coached out west by Harbaugh at Stanford and the other solid up and coming programs (Oregon, Zona, etc...) I look forward to watching the program fall back to the irrelevance it was before Carroll and co. started cheating their way to prime time.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Is anyone else witnessing the massacre that is New Mexico-Oregon? 59-0 at half. Sheesh.

Oh yeah. 72-0 Oregon now late 4th quarter. It looks like it's going to be another long, long season for New Mexico fans.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 05:47 PM
How about Jacksonville State!? Scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter, including a 2-point conversion on a touchdown with 18 seconds left to tie it up with Ole Miss 34-34.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 05:57 PM
First overtime.

Jacksonville State ball first. Gamecocks just scored a touchdown. PAT good, Jacksonville State leading 41-34.

Edit - 4th and goal from the 2 yard line, Ole Miss manages to get into the end zone on a pitch. Tied back up 41-41, going to OT number 2.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Holy crap. A true freshmen on 4th and 15 puts a perfect pass into the back of the end zone for J-State.

Ole Miss needs to recruit a defense.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Jacksonville State beats Ole Miss.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 06:12 PM
JACKSONVILLE STATE WINS!!!

2 point conversion is good, Jacksonville State wins 49-48!

CLW
09-04-2010, 06:50 PM
JACKSONVILLE STATE WINS!!!

2 point conversion is good, Jacksonville State wins 49-48!

How much did Masoli play?

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 07:15 PM
How much did Masoli play?

I'm not sure exactly how much he played. I know for sure he was in during the Ole Miss TD in the 2nd OT. His stats for the game were 6 for 9, 93 yards passing, 1 interception, and 36 yards rushing on 4 carries.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 07:22 PM
ESPN suggested that once Masoli came in (latter part of the 2nd Q, I think), he didn't go out.

Smooth, your stats are slightly off:
Nathan Stanley: 6/10, 133 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs; -13 yards rushing
Masoli: 7/10, 109 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT; 29 yards rushing

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 07:35 PM
TCU's not looking strong against Oregon State. 14-7 Beavers right now.

I've now seen Miami University (that would be Ohio) run two fake punts, and now Oregon State with one of their own. Is this going to be the year of the fake punt?

jaymo76
09-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Really enjoying this LSU vs UNC game right now. NC has looked great offensively to end the second quarter. After all of the chaos they have gone throuh as of late they are putting in one heck of an effort.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 08:56 PM
ESPN suggested that once Masoli came in (latter part of the 2nd Q, I think), he didn't go out.

Smooth, your stats are slightly off:
Nathan Stanley: 6/10, 133 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs; -13 yards rushing
Masoli: 7/10, 109 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT; 29 yards rushing

Ok, that's pretty sad when even ESPN (the supposed worldwide leader in hype, err, sports) doesn't have the right stats posted for someone. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 08:58 PM
And it looks like it's Kansas' turn to lose to a FCS team. 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, North Dakota State is beating Kansas 6-3.

Also early 4th quarter, Oklahoma having a little trouble with Utah State, the Sooners only winning 31-24 right now.

Edit - And go ahead and tag Kansas right up alongside Ole Miss. North Dakota State ends up winning by that same thrilling, exciting score of 6-3. Clearly somebody took both offensive squads for the teams out behind the shed and shot them all.

Edit 2 - And damn are there a ton of great games going on right now. Oregon State-TCU, Utah State-Oklahoma, Washington-BYU, Northwestern-Vanderbilt. So much channel changing, I feel like I'm going to break my remote.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Ok, that's pretty sad when even ESPN (the supposed worldwide leader in hype, err, sports) doesn't have the right stats posted for someone. :smh:Depends ... where did you get your stats? I got mine from ESPN ;)

Edit - And go ahead and tag Kansas right up alongside Ole Miss. North Dakota State ends up winning by that same thrilling, exciting score of 6-3. Clearly somebody took both offensive squads for the teams out behind the shed and shot them all.Ouch for Turner Gill.

How are you getting Washington-BYU and Utah State-Oklahoma? Gameplan? BYU is nowhere to be found for me, and I get the Pokes instead of Oklahoma.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Depends ... where did you get your stats? I got mine from ESPN ;)
Ouch for Turner Gill.

How are you getting Washington-BYU and Utah State-Oklahoma? Gameplan? BYU is nowhere to be found for me, and I get the Pokes instead of Oklahoma.

Hmm, so apparently they did not have the correct stats when I looked them up. I got them from the game box score on ESPN. And now that I go and look at the box score again, the numbers have changed to what you have. So apparently the numbers I saw earlier were not the fully, entirely updated, end of game stats.

And it's a mix of Gameplan and CBS College Sports. Gameplan mainly for nationwide games of interest to me. CBS College Sports then comes in major handy for Navy games (and Washington-BYU right now).

Edit - And damn, Oklahoma won 31-24. I always root for the upsets, so I really wanted to see Utah State pull it off. And while BYU played a good game (and won 23-17), I really wanted to see Washington pull out the win for some reason.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 09:44 PM
And that could be the killer for Oregon State right there. A horrible snap flying over the head of Katz, and he ends up kicking it out of the back of the endzone from the Oregon State 2 yard line instead of letting TCU possibly recover. Safety, penalty, etc, etc. TCU now up 30-21 with 4 minutes left.

Edit - And that's all she wrote. TCU wins 30-21 (securely wins thanks to Katz's ball kicking for a safety) and gets past one of their toughest games of the season to keep their national championship hopes alive. Now time to enjoy the final minutes of a thrilling 23-21 Northwestern-Vanderbilt game, and then settle in for the night to Cincinnati-Fresno State.

HWill
09-04-2010, 09:54 PM
And it looks like it's Kansas' turn to lose to a FCS team. 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, North Dakota State is beating Kansas 6-3.

Also early 4th quarter, Oklahoma having a little trouble with Utah State, the Sooners only winning 31-24 right now.

Edit - And go ahead and tag Kansas right up alongside Ole Miss. North Dakota State ends up winning by that same thrilling, exciting score of 6-3. Clearly somebody took both offensive squads for the teams out behind the shed and shot them all.

Edit 2 - And damn are there a ton of great games going on right now. Oregon State-TCU, Utah State-Oklahoma, Washington-BYU, Northwestern-Vanderbilt. So much channel changing, I feel like I'm going to break my remote.

This is why I bought another TV. I have also been using my laptops, cell phone, and iPad to watch games.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 10:12 PM
This is why I bought another TV. I have also been using my laptops, cell phone, and iPad to watch games.

:D I've thought about that, haha. Would come greatly in handy during football season. As well, I would be able to put the Colorado Rockies games each night on one while still getting in some NCAA time on the other. :) And yeah, laptop will be joining in soon. Sometime in the near future, I'll be able to access and start using ESPN3.com, so I can guarantee I will have a game going on my laptop nonstop from 12 noon until the last game of the night, in addition to the games on TV.

HWill
09-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah man. Do it if you can. ESPN3 is great for regional games.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 10:32 PM
ESPN3 is decent ... but I find it a lot harder to watch games on my PC. If I had a decent laptop. maybe that would be okay.

HWill
09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Things just got interesting in Atlanta.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah man. Do it if you can. ESPN3 is great for regional games.

Oh yeah, I was looking through the list of games on ESPN3 today just seeing the options, and there were a lot of games that I would have been choosing between to watch.

ESPN3 is decent ... but I find it a lot harder to watch games on my PC. If I had a decent laptop. maybe that would be okay.

Yeah, I'm in luck there. ;) I just got this laptop May of last year and made sure this baby was built and able to handle just about anything for the next few years. That and if I remember correctly, this thing has an 18.4" screen on it. So that makes it easier to watch some games on here.

Things just got interesting in Atlanta.

Damn, I had pretty much written that game off after it sat at 30-10 for the entire 3rd quarter. I moved right on to Cincinnati-Fresno State after the end of Oregon State-TCU and never checked back in. At least UNC came back to make it interesting. Makes you wonder what the final score would have ended up being if all those starters and 13 players overall were playing tonight instead of being ineligible or withheld.

cdj
09-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Wisconsin up 17-14 at half in Vegas against the Rebels.

Last time they played there (2002), it was one of the weirdest endings (as close to an ending at least) in CFB history (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/2002/09/02/vegas_outage/).

UGA14
09-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Georgia looked good. The 3-4 D looked good and it was good to see a coach laying into a player for blowing an assignment. That's been missing for years. Hopefully we're able to come out and handle the Gamecocks defensively. Murray looked pretty good, threw an INT that Durham handed over basically, but he got away with one in the endzone... won't be able to do that against a good team.

It will be good to have a running game next game too. Caleb King is pretty average... he's not shifty and he's slow as dirt. It will be good to have Ealey back in the back field. It would also be nice to have AJ Green if the NCAA would ever rule on him. They certainly ruled on Alabama and South Carolina's players quickly. Seems like they could rule on our best player so we did not have to hold him out for no reason, simply because TMZ has unsubstantiated reports. Very annoying that TMZ is trying to make college football Hollywood and we are being handcuffed because we're missing our best WR. On top of that our #2 WR was suspended, so that was good. Need some speed at the WR position for next week and some better hands, so hopefully AJ is back.

Roy38
09-05-2010, 12:31 PM
OU looked awful last night. Landry Jones looked like he's never played college football - locking onto receivers, running away from pressure when a simple step up into the pocket would've given him another 3-4 seconds, and some really ugly throws. Defense was decent, but gave up way to many 30+ yard plays. We had defenders in the area to make plays, but they failed to find the ball or would find it late. Tackling was an issue as well. We seemed to be doing too much head hunting rather than wrapping up. I'm sure the team is looking ahead a little bit to Florida State, but if you can't get up for your home opener, that's a HUGE problem.

gschwendt
09-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Despite losing by 26 to Auburn (52-26), Arkansas State's offense looked really good. Our defense struggled a lot but that was mainly due to us concentrating on stopping the Tiger running game and leaving one on one matchups open down field. Cam Newton looks like a hell of a player and will definitely keep Auburn in a lot of games this year.

morsdraconis
09-05-2010, 01:46 PM
WVU looks awful. We basically have no QB (pretty sad when a true freshman comes in during mop up duty and plays better than our starter...) and our offensive line leaves a LOT to be desired. Defense did pretty well. Our offensive playcalling was pretty much atrocious. Why we don't take advantage of our speed by running more crossing routes, slants, and things is beyond me. There are ways to take advantage of speed at the WR position besides fuckin' bubble and WR screens people...

Solidice
09-05-2010, 01:54 PM
ECU has a 10-7 lead at the end of the 1st quarter, but Tulsa is driving in ECU territory.

SmoothPancakes
09-05-2010, 04:27 PM
ECU has a 10-7 lead at the end of the 1st quarter, but Tulsa is driving in ECU territory.

This one has been a doozy. Currently Tulsa leading 42-38 with 7 minutes left to play.

JeffHCross
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I do love Tulsa football.

SmoothPancakes
09-05-2010, 04:44 PM
And this one is going down to the wire. Tulsa touchdown with 1:22 left, the Golden Hurricanes now leading 49-45.

JeffHCross
09-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Used Tulsa for Road to Glory last year ... and most of my games were 4th quarter shootouts ... so, I'm not surprised.

SmoothPancakes
09-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh. My. God. East Carolina wins with no time left on the clock. A chuck up 33 yard hail mary prayer in the endzone on 4th and long with 2 seconds left and an ECU player comes down with it.

East Carolina 51, Tulsa 49

JeffHCross
09-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Game ends an hour after it was supposed to :D

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/512/19.jpg - Hero
Score a touchdown as time expires to win the game (excludes co-op).

Horrible prevent D from Tulsa though ... 6'8" TE basically posts up and blocks everybody out ... no one in front of him means simple catch. Not easy, but simple.

SmoothPancakes
09-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, that was pretty simple for him. Even watching the reply now on the SMU-Texas Tech broadcast, timed the jump right and there was no one able to contest the ball. The defenders that were in front of him were still a good 5 yards away from being able to do anything, and the rest were all behind him mixed in with the other ECU receivers.

JeffHCross
09-05-2010, 05:09 PM
The TTU cheerleaders look like they're wearing pajamas.

Not that I mind.

Solidice
09-05-2010, 05:18 PM
The TTU cheerleaders look like they're wearing pajamas.

Not that I mind.

yeah, I'm not sure whats up with that. it's like 96 degrees over there. lol

must be some special event/thing they have for the game.

HWill
09-05-2010, 05:42 PM
yeah, I'm not sure whats up with that. it's like 96 degrees over there. lol

must be some special event/thing they have for the game.

They said that it's 147 on the field.

Kingpin32
09-05-2010, 10:39 PM
There was so many people dehydrated at the Tech game today. And lines for the water fountains was ridiculous.

JeffHCross
09-05-2010, 10:53 PM
The most insane thing about the Tulsa-ECU game ... halfway through the third quarter, the combined score was 40.

It ended at 100.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 01:07 AM
There was so many people dehydrated at the Tech game today. And lines for the water fountains was ridiculous.

Yeah, at one point, the announcers said it was like 147 degrees on the field or something.

:eek:

The most insane thing about the Tulsa-ECU game ... halfway through the third quarter, the combined score was 40.

It ended at 100.

God damn I love college football...

CLW
09-06-2010, 02:28 PM
It really doesn't belong here but I just watched the worst case of officiating possibly ever. High School game on ESPN between a FL school and an OH school. FL school down 22-26 driving and they throw a td pass ruled incomplete when the player CLEARLY caught the ball and landed in the endzone before sliding out of bounds. Then if screw job #1 wasn't bad enough FL team continues to drive down the field and then on the final play of the game QB sneak the pile is clearly in the endzone and the officials rule no TD as the OH team escapes with the win. Oh the game was played in OH. Things that make you go hmmmmm......

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
On replay, absolutely the first play was a TD (it was the FL team that was driving, for anybody unclear on CLW's post). At full speed ... not "clearly".

Yeah, Dwyer got screwed on the end of that. Horrible officiating. First the clock doesn't start on 1st down, then they let a guy just lay there between plays, they take forever to signal 3rd down, and make no effort to spot the ball.

Oh, and just to poke fun at CLW's Conspiracy Theoring ... the game was played in Ohio Stadium, in the Kirk Herbstreit Classic, and the coach of the Ohio team (Glenville Tarblooders) is Ted Ginn, Sr.

CLW
09-06-2010, 03:05 PM
On replay, absolutely the first play was a TD (it was the FL team that was driving, for anybody unclear on CLW's post). At full speed ... not "clearly".

Yeah, Dwyer got screwed on the end of that. Horrible officiating. First the clock doesn't start on 1st down, then they let a guy just lay there between plays, they take forever to signal 3rd down, and make no effort to spot the ball.

Oh, and just to poke fun at CLW's Conspiracy Theoring ... the game was played in Ohio Stadium, in the Kirk Herbstreit Classic, and the coach of the Ohio team (Glenville Tarblooders) is Ted Ginn, Sr.

Yeah my bad it was the FL (away) team down and driving.

I would hope someone who is surfing the net and watching the game is watching less closely than the official. I looked up saw the throw and saw the player come down with the ball and his knee hit the bright red endzone paint. It looked like the official was WAY out of position but it really wan't THAT close.

LOL I forgot about all the weird clock issues and the utter laziness by the officiating crew to make the call and spot the ball. I guess I chalked that up to them being HS refs.

Having played HS sports in KY I can tell you conspiracy theories and "home town cookin'" are alive and well in many states (even between schools in the same state). I cannot tell you how many times I've watched a KY High School - Hoops (in particular but others as well) game that I would swear wasn't on the up and up.

I know if I were that FL school (or any other FL school) I would NOT be coming back to Mr. Herbstreit's Classic. Seriously, it just left the feeling that the game was rigged. Although I suppose they could have flown flags on the previous 3 or so 4th down conversions the FLA school made on that drive to stop the game before it got to that point.

HWill
09-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Anyone watching Maryland-Navy? Terps up 14-0 in the 1st Quarter. Of course I picked Navy. :rolleyes:

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Anyone watching Maryland-Navy? Terps up 14-0 in the 1st Quarter. Of course I picked Navy. :rolleyes:

Have a little faith baby, have a little faith. ;)

CLW
09-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Navy having problems stopping the Twerps right not but its early. Never count out any of the Service Academies

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Navy having problems stopping the Twerps right not but its early. Never count out any of the Service Academies

Especially Navy. Ohio State knows that all too well after last season.

CLW
09-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Especially Navy. Ohio State knows that all too well after last season.

TD Navy! Neither team is tackling/stopping the run very well right now.

HWill
09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Guess I spoke too soon.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
TD Navy! Neither team is tackling/stopping the run very well right now.

This is true. Navy (and Maryland) needs to do a better job. And Maryland's defense is having a ton of issues with lining up correctly. I think they're up to 3 or 4 offsides penalties currently in the game.

And Navy is starting to getting things rolling on offense now.

Edit - And Navy with the interception inside their 5 yard line! Come on Navy baby! Take advantage of this and drive it down the Terps throats!

Solidice
09-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I picked Navy as well. they better win by a TD to beat the spread(6.0). :D

CLW
09-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I picked Navy as well. I'd pick Iraq over the Twerps.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 04:00 PM
And that is why I love the option! 4th and 8, Navy runs a regular old option play, and a first down for Navy.

Roy38
09-06-2010, 04:02 PM
You had me at Ted Ginn, Sr.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Another reason I love Navy's offensive game. This drive started at 13:05 in the quarter. It's been almost 10 minutes now that Navy has run off the clock on this one drive.

And FUCK! That great drive only to turn it over. Come on O-line! That is inexcusable! Give Dobbs some damn protection!!!

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow that was Lavar Leap like.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4GoBoY7DdA

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Nice response by the Navy defense holding Maryland to 3 and out after the fumble. Now, Navy should get the ball back in good position.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Nice plays there by the Navy D. The other good thing about those long ass drives by Navy. One of the freshest defensive units you'll find when they finally come back on the field. :D

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Good Lord that guy just bombed that punt.

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Nice catch down the sideline.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Very nice catch. Navy can indeed pass when needed. And now that Dobbs has shaken off the rust, they can do just that. Maryland can't just focus on the run and Navy's backs anymore.

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Wow poor use of the clock by Dobbs. Throw it away if noone is open.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Tough break, but looks like Navy finally has their first game of the year rust worked out. Well oiled machine now.

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Watching this game is giving me the sudden urge to run the triple option in NCAA 11.

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:50 PM
LOL did Craig James just say he declined to do work for his employer? Man must be nice.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Tough break, but looks like Navy finally has their first game of the year rust worked out. Well oiled machine now.

Oh yeah, they've got the rust out and are running smooth now. This is the Navy offense I love to watch all season long.

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Wow Dobbs is having an awful game just holding on to the football.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh christ. I swear Navy is trying to piss this game away. Hold on to the football guys! TWO HANDS!

CLW
09-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Navy needs a safety here.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Navy just needs to hold onto the damn ball. Navy could theoretically be winning this game at least 17-14 right now if they had not fumbled all those times in the red zone.

CLW
09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
TD Navy

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
God damn I love watching Navy work. I wish the triple option worked this well in NCAA...

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Finally back in the endzone! Tie game! Now Navy just has to keep doing what they've been doing on defense and keep this offense moving and not fumble anymore.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Does Navy always stick with their 3-4 setup no matter how many WRs are on the field?

Looked like they did earlier in the game against 4WRs and played the run well because of it.

You would think, because of that, a team should be very successful spreading them out with WRs on LBs.

HWill
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I went to grab some BBQ at halftime. What have I missed?

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I went to grab some BBQ at halftime. What have I missed?

Navy with another 8+ minute drive that Dobbs punched in on the QB blast from the 1 yard line with the game tied at 14.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I am entertained that we went practically all weekend without any heavy discussions about games ... until Maryland-Navy. You would think some of the Top 25 contests would do it, but no ... Maryland. Navy.

HWill
09-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Navy with another 8+ minute drive that Dobbs punched in on the QB blast from the 1 yard line with the game tied at 14.

So in other words, not much. :D

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I am entertained that we went practically all weekend without any heavy discussions about games ... until Maryland-Navy. You would think some of the Top 25 contests would do it, but no ... Maryland. Navy.

Well, I went to the WVU game on Saturday, so I wasn't around for most of the other games.

But I LOVE me some option football and Navy is by far the most fun to watch in my opinion (and I really like watching them) so that's why I'm so interested.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:30 PM
So in other words, not much. :D

:D

Pretty much.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
But I LOVE me some option football and Navy is by far the most fun to watch in my opinion (and I really like watching them) so that's why I'm so interested.Oh, I don't blame anyone for watching Navy. I'm just surprised that this is the game that got the most discussion.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
And now Maryland gets plagued with fumblitis.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
That REALLY sucked. First punt and a HUGE punt return (almost for a TD) by Maryland.

Then fumbled snap and Navy gets it back!

Holy hell!

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Damn, 3 and out. Maryland, regardless is going to have good field position here. Just have to get tough and stubborn as hell on defense.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Rough. Looks like Navy out guessed themselves with their play calling this time.

Hopefully the defense stands tall and gets it back.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Thank you lord! 15 yard face mask penalty saves the drive for Navy.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow, Maryland is shutting it down. Navy may be in trouble.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Wow, Maryland is shutting it down. Navy may be in trouble.

They're gonna have to start pitching it and going outside. Maryland has really adjusted well to the inside game. Navy can still break some big runs up the gut, but it will certainly not be as often as they were earlier in the game.

HWill
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
What's with all the false start penalties?

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
They're gonna have to start pitching it and going outside. Maryland has really adjusted well to the inside game. Navy can still break some big runs up the gut, but it will certainly not be as often as they were earlier in the game.

Yeah, now they have Maryland second guessing the inside commitment.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 05:57 PM
What's with all the false start penalties?

Maryland is beating them off the ball some so they're trying to get as much of a quick jump as they can.

CLW
09-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Navy driving deep. Need to take care of the ball and punch it in here.

CLW
09-06-2010, 05:59 PM
If that were a QB sneak in OH against an OH team NO first down. Just sayin'

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 06:00 PM
First and goal here boys! Punch it in! Bleed the clock a little more if you can in the process, but punch it in!

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 06:01 PM
If that were a QB sneak in OH against an OH team NO first down. Just sayin'

I don't know. It's not just a normal QB sneak. They cut block better than probably any team in the FBS which is key to any great QB sneak.

CLW
09-06-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't know. It's not just a normal QB sneak. They cut block better than probably any team in the FBS which is key to any great QB sneak.

I was just referring to the HS game earlier today where a FL team was screwed by the refs.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I was just referring to the HS game earlier today where a FL team was screwed by the refs.

Oh. Heh, my bad.

SmoothPancakes
Oh my god. Do you kick it or go for it?

CLW
Go For IT!

HWill
Do you go for it here?

morsdraconis
Oh my god. Do you kick it or go for it?

I would kick it.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 06:04 PM
They're going for it!

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow, don't know about this call.

HWill
09-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Wow, don't know about this call.

I think you have to go for it. Too close.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 06:06 PM
FUCK!!!

HWill
He didn't make it. Wow.

CLW
Wow why didn't he pitch it?

morsdraconis
I'm tellin' ya, I would have kicked it...

HWill
09-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow why didn't he pitch it?

My thoughts exactly. Pitch it to the outside.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow, I don't know. He might not have been down....

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I still support the call. That close to the endzone, and hardly any time left on the clock, just like Jacksonville State going for that two point conversion, Niumatalolo wanted the win instead of a tie, Dobbs wanted the win, the entire Navy team wanted the win.

CLW
09-06-2010, 06:11 PM
I still support the call. That close to the endzone, and hardly any time left on the clock, just like Jacksonville State going for that two point conversion, Niumatalolo wanted the win instead of a tie, Dobbs wanted the win, the entire Navy team wanted the win.

I agree with the call. Your Navy you run the ball well. I just don't understand the execution from Dobbs. It looked to me the pitch man would have been one on one at worst on the outside versus himself trying to run through that pile.

CLW
09-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Great game. Hopefully, tonight's game is just as good.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree with the call. Your Navy you run the ball well. I just don't understand the execution from Dobbs. It looked to me the pitch man would have been one on one at worst on the outside versus himself trying to run through that pile.

Yeah, the pitch was there. Sadly we'll never know. Maryland, they played a good game and they deserve the win, but Navy literally pissed this one away. Those turnovers in the redzone killed Navy. Navy doesn't have those fumbles, they could have potentially had 28 points for the game if they had scored TDs on those two drives that they fumbled the ball away.

HWill
09-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah, the pitch was there. Sadly we'll never know. Maryland, they played a good game and they deserve the win, but Navy literally pissed this one away. Those turnovers in the redzone killed Navy. Navy doesn't have those fumbles, they could have potentially had 28 points for the game if they had scored TDs on those two drives that they fumbled the ball away.

After watching the replay a few times, I'm convinced that if he had pitched it, they would have gotten in. There was all kinds of room there.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 06:35 PM
After watching the replay a few times, I'm convinced that if he had pitched it, they would have gotten in. There was all kinds of room there.

Yeah, there was a lot there. Apparently Dobbs saw something while he still had the ball that made him think he could get it in. But, it's over, now time to look forward to some more great games ahead for Navy. At Air Force, vs. Notre Dame, and after this weekend, I am really looking forward to at East Carolina, as well as the Army-Navy game.

Air Force is going to be a HUGE game. Since 2003, the largest margin of victory in the Air Force-Navy game has been 11 points. In the last seven Air Force-Navy games, Navy has won 4 times by 3 points (including last year with a FG in overtime), and once by 6, 7, and 11 points. The Air Force-Navy game is ALWAYS a nail biter that goes down to the last play and I have no expectations for it to be anything else but the same this year.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Cannot wait for Air Force-Navy. Will be on Versus too.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:03 PM
A battle between two of the UGLIEST uniforms in SPORTS HISTORY!

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 07:06 PM
A battle between two of the UGLIEST uniforms in SPORTS HISTORY!

Just be happy this is being played on the smurf turf. If it was, I don't know if I could watch the game. I may have had to just settle for listening.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:08 PM

Just be happy this is being played on the smurf turf. If it was, I don't know if I could watch the game. I may have had to just settle for listening.

Isn't that banned now (funky color turfs) other than Boise St. which got grandfathered in essentially?

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow Beamer pulling out the Boise St. bag of tricks early.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Isn't that banned now (funky color turfs) other than Boise St. which got grandfathered in essentially?

I don't know. Eastern Washington, they just installed red turf.

And damn, flea flicker on the first play of the game. The Hokies aren't holding anything back.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
WTF is up with snaps this week?

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
And the mass disease of fumblitis continues to spread around the country.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
LOL kicker cannot kick from the left hash? what a head case this kid must be.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
LOL if the #s look better on tv than in person I cannot imagine how ugly they must appear IRL.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Boise State playin' Beamer Ball. This game is WILD to start off. The team that settles down first will have a huge advantage.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Wide open on the PA "cheese"

HWill
09-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Va. Tech down 10-0. Marcus Vick is not pleased.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
LMAO I swear Musburger just said, "blocked the porn" before correcting himself and saying punt.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 07:28 PM
My god, Virginia Tech just looks like they're completely outmatched out there. Boise is just bitchslapping them at the moment.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
My god, Virginia Tech just looks like they're completely outmatched out there. Boise is just bitchslapping them at the moment.

Yeah this is either a major ass kickin' coming or Va Tech will settle down and Boise will run out of the adrenaline they are playing on right now.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 07:34 PM

Just be happy this is being played on the smurf turf. If it was, I don't know if I could watch the game. I may have had to just settle for listening.If they were wearing their white uniforms on the blue, I wouldn't mind. It's the blue-on-blue that gets me about Boise. That should be illegal. I'm all for turf colors, but using same colored jerseys should be outlawed.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:37 PM
WTF go for it Boise this is NCAA 10 Wide Open Gameplay!

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Running into the punter 1st down Boise.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Holy crap, dumbass.

JBHuskers
09-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Musburger must be drunk again....thought Texas Tech is on the field.

JeffHCross
I think the punter should be allowed one free shot on that punk.

SmoothPancakes
What a shot to the gut. Two penalties against VT to keep Boise moving.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 07:42 PM
If they were wearing their white uniforms on the blue, I wouldn't mind. It's the blue-on-blue that gets me about Boise. That should be illegal. I'm all for turf colors, but using same colored jerseys should be outlawed.

Yeah, I really hate that too.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Musburger must be drunk again....thought Texas Tech is on the field.

He's still thinking about that "blocked porn" Boise performed earlier.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Good lord this game may be OVER before the end of the 1st Quarter. It almost reminds me of the flip of the VT Mia game last season.

CLW
09-06-2010, 07:46 PM
WOW what a catch! However, that is NOT a catch in Herbstreit's Classic earlier today.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Good lord this game may be OVER before the end of the 1st Quarter. It almost reminds me of the flip of the VT Mia game last season.

Well, granted, after LSU-UNC, I don't think we can claim anything over before the end of the game anymore, but for being the most hyped game of the entire opening weekend, this is currently failing big time to live up to that hype.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 07:54 PM
WOW what a catch! However, that is NOT a catch in Herbstreit's Classic earlier today.Good grief, let it go man.

CLW
09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Good grief, let it go man.

Just givin' you Buckey boys a hard time.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Well what do you know, another fumble. This time by Boise.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 08:28 PM
And touchdown Hokies. Gentlemen, we have a game again.

CLW
09-06-2010, 08:28 PM
And we have a ball game.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 08:29 PM
That was cheese.

HWill
09-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Looks like we may have a game after all.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Boise goes down the field and gets at least a field goal here and you have to think that Boise State feels good about it so far.

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm still waiting for Boise to do the pump fake exploit. Bam, instant touchdown right there. What are they waiting for?

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I enjoy that ESPN thinks anyone will go "Oh shit! I'm missing the Open!" and change the channel.

CLW
09-06-2010, 09:19 PM
All the way back from 17-0. Impressive come back.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Okay, huge props to ESPN for doing a commercial about the Admiral Ackbar / Ole Miss mascot push.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Ace Jumbo Heavy - HB Slash for the TD.

It doesn't work that well in the game.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 09:45 PM
This is going to be a strange observation, but I'm getting driven crazy by the sweat patterns on the new style of uniforms. Saturday night it was UNC that looked really weird ... tonight it's Boise. I'm all for new technology in uniforms, and I love Under Armor style breathable material. But it just looks weird.

cdj
09-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I know what you mean. I thought that was sweat at first too, but it's just the design. Very distracting and looks awkward.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I know what you mean. I thought that was sweat at first too, but it's just the design. Very distracting and looks awkward.At least part of it is sweat. Because if you look at Boise, and I noticed this with UNC last night, it's different on different players. On most of the Boise players, the back of the jersey that covers their backplates is gray. On a few, it's gray at the bottom and top, but not in the middle. That's gotta be sweat.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Brent and Kirk: "There is no question. Clearly an illegal block."

Me: "He got his head in front."

Brent and Kirk: "Too many Boise mistakes."

Ref: "There is no foul on the play."

Me: :nod:

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Ooh, that's gonna be controversial.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Damn.

morsdraconis
09-06-2010, 10:32 PM
If Boise State actually executed well half the damn time, they'd be murdering VT.

CLW
09-07-2010, 06:17 AM
Big win for Boise as they now appear to be well on their way to an undefeated season. They now have to hope and pray that there aren't 2 BCS Conf Champions that go undefeated.

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Big win for Boise as they now appear to be well on their way to an undefeated season. They now have to hope and pray that there aren't 2 BCS Conf Champions that go undefeated.

See, what really pisses me off is all they can do is play their schedule.

No one wants to come to their field and play them cause they're fuckin' scared to play them there and they sure as hell don't want to always have to go to the other team's field without them coming to Boise so it makes it hard to schedule the big boys.

The BCS is such a bullshit system...

cdj
09-09-2010, 07:49 AM

No one wants to come to their field and play them cause they're fuckin' scared to play them there and they sure as hell don't want to always have to go to the other team's field without them coming to Boise so it makes it hard to schedule the big boys.

Don't feel too bad for Boise. I don't know what they ask of other schools, but Nebraska has tried to get them either for a one-game trip to Lincoln, a home-and-home, or a 2-for-1 but the Broncos want $1M for any games in Lincoln. That's pretty unreasonable.

Saturday, Nebraska plays Idaho (game scheduled by former AD who was fired) and are paying them $800K. IIRC, the school has said they won't be paying that kind of money out in the future.

steelerfan
09-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Don't feel too bad for Boise. I don't know what they ask of other schools, but Nebraska has tried to get them either for a one-game trip to Lincoln, a home-and-home, or a 2-for-1 but the Broncos want $1M for any games in Lincoln. That's pretty unreasonable.

Saturday, Nebraska plays Idaho (game scheduled by former AD who was fired) and are paying them $800K. IIRC, the school has said they won't be paying that kind of money out in the future.

I'm sure Boise knew about the Idaho deal when they asked for $1M. Boise getting 125% of what Idaho gets doesn't seem so unreasonable. Probably good that that AD is gone.

UGA14
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM

We played Boise State in 2005 when they were supposed to show the big boys how football was played. Of course we kicked their asses...

morsdraconis
09-09-2010, 01:36 PM
NM

CLW
09-09-2010, 07:33 PM
FYI Herby apologizes for the pathetic officiating at the High School game.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1124079