PDA

View Full Version : Week 1, 2011

Oneback
08-29-2010, 10:50 AM
=============== #15 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
This week, the Sooners will host UL Monroe (0-0).

=============== Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Tigers will host ECU (0-0).

=============== #9 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
This week, the Seminoles travel to Lubbock to face the #20 Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0).

=============== #12 Miami Hurricanes (0-0) ===============
This week, the Hurricanes will host Florida Atlantic (0-0).

=============== #10 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
This week, the Wolverines will host Eastern Michigan (0-0).

=============== #13 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
This week, the Buckeyes will host Rice (0-0).

=============== #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Los Angeles to face the #5 USC Trojans (0-0).

=============== #20 Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0) ===============
This week, the Red Raiders will host #9 Florida State (0-0).

=============== #5 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
This week, the Trojans will host #4 Penn State (0-0).

=============== #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0) ===============
This week, the Hokies will host Marshall (0-0).

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
This week, the Longhorns will host #2 Alabama (0-0).

=============== #3 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Badgers will host UNLV (0-0).

JeffHCross
08-29-2010, 11:14 AM
My first four throws in practice, and all four are dropped. This bodes well for the season.

psusnoop
08-29-2010, 11:40 AM
LOL Jeff, time for the young guys to see the field.

fsuprime
08-29-2010, 12:07 PM
kingpin when would you like to play? im available all day

JeffHCross
08-29-2010, 12:46 PM
LOL Jeff, time for the young guys to see the field.Those were the young guys.

An hour and a half later ... and I'm done with Edit Players. Oy vey.

JeffHCross
08-29-2010, 01:57 PM
First drive of Ohio State's 1996/2011 season:
8 yard rush by Pearson
3 yard rush by Pearson
6 yard rush by Pearson
14 yard reception by TE Lumpkin
13 yard rush by Pearson
20 yard rush by Montgomery
11 yard rush by Montgomery
3 yard rush by Pearson
1 yard TD rush by Pearson

EDIT:
2nd drive of Ohio State's 1996/2011 season:
79 yard TD rush by Pearson

skipwondah33
08-29-2010, 03:03 PM
This game makes me LOL its so unreal at times.

VT beats Marshall 66-45. The Hokies defenders, namely the CB's looked like a freshman team. Meanwhile the Herd's WR's looked NFL type WR's as we couldn't cover them if we wanted to.

Sophmore QB Logan Thomas had a big game because the Herd defense decided to send 7-8 defenders at a time so Thomas just had to lob it up to the uncovered man each time. Evans showed the fans that he is more than capable of shouldering the run game despite the team losing all-everything Williams to the draft. He would carry for 157 yards and a score.

We get ready for the Dukies next week

JeffHCross
08-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Ohio State rolls, 45-14.

After 113 yards in two drives, Pepe Pearson gave the Buckeye coaching staff quite a scare in the 2nd quarter when he limped to the sidelines with a bruised elbow. The coaches decided to keep him on the bench for the rest of the game.

Before leaving the game, Pearson rushed for 127 yards on 10 carries and added 3 TDs. Backup tailback Joe Montgomery added 79 yards on 11 carries and 1 TD. Matt Keller and Charlie Sanders also added to the Buckeyes total of 267 rushing yards on the day.

Joe Germaine was efficient, throwing 11-16 for 210 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. Germaine's stats would have been even more impressive if not for a 40+ yard pass that bounced off the head of intended receiver TE John Lumpkin.

The Buckeyes visit Coral Gables next week in an early contest that could define their chances this season.

Iron Dragon
08-29-2010, 04:38 PM
#15 Oklahoma steamrolls UL-Monroe 59-0

It didn't even take Landry Jones two quarters to throw 4 TDs and over 200 yards as Jones started off the season right and was pulled, not for his performance, but to get away from possible injury along with other key players. Oklahoma found out that they also have some great freshman who are making big impacts, too. And one of them has made some RB controversy.

Brennan Clay showed some flashes of Adrian Peterson as the freshman RB touted UL-Monroe on 15 carries for 117 yards and 2 TDs. The 6'0" 194lb freshman had a pair of 20+ yard runs. His freshman partner in crime Roy Finch had 50 yards on 6 carries and broke 7 tackles, and had 9.4 yards per punt return with 24 being his longest. Jermie Calhoun in 1.5 quarters had 59 yards on 11 carries and a TD. He also caught one pass for 11 yards.

Oklahoma also found a new recieving threat besides Dejuan Miller and Ryan Broyles. Broyles only had 2 catches but he was injured in the first quarter and was kept out to keep away from further injury. Dejuan Miller did have 7 grabs for 143 yards and 2 TDs, but freshman TE/WR Trey Millard, the 6'2" 251lb hard-hitting TE and over-sized but quick WR caught 7 passes for 83 yards and 2 TDs. Millard had one mistake dropping a possible third TD as he dropped a pass near the sideline at the ULM 4 yard line, leading to Jermie Calhoun's TD run a few plays later.

Three Oklahoma QBs finished with passer ratings above 200. Jones went 17-24 for 221 yards and 4 TDs. Allen went 5-6 for 77 yards and a TD and Bell threw one pass for 19 yards and also ran for 13.

Kingpin32
08-29-2010, 05:37 PM
kingpin when would you like to play? im available all day

I've been cleaning up all day, but I'll take a break to hop on and play.

fsuprime
08-29-2010, 05:40 PM
right now?

Kingpin32
08-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah.

fsuprime
08-29-2010, 06:55 PM
gg kingpin, good luck in the rest of the year.

FSU wins 41-7 though it was a tight ball game until a pick 6 by lamarcus joyner in the 3rd quarter to make it 31-7, TTU was driving and at the 15 so i was a 14 point swing type of play.

EJ Manuel threw for 150 yards and 1 TD (0 ints)
Sr Bert Reed had 2 catches for 57 including a pretty TD catch where he broke a tackle and sprinted the final 15 yards for a TD
Sr RB Jermaine Thomas had a field day running for 190 yards and 2 TDs on 16 carries

Nigel Bradham also pitched in a int and true freshman DE Brian Hunt (6'7 230) was always in the right position, only gave up one big play to his side of the field and had 3 tackles, 1 TFL, and 3 good shots on the QB forcing tipped/bad passes.

skipwondah33
08-29-2010, 07:53 PM
I just realized one of the WR's that torched me from Marshall I know. I knew Dobson since he was 6, grew up on the street I lived on until I moved up to Maryland.

He should be faster than the game listed him and he's not from Cheat Lake lol...thats about 3 and half hours away from where he lived.

fsuprime
08-29-2010, 08:03 PM
they dont do accurate cities just states to avoid lawsuits

JeffHCross
08-29-2010, 08:58 PM
they dont do accurate cities just states to avoid lawsuitsWell, that and, in the grand scheme of things, it matters less than 1%. Plus, then they'd have to put every city into the game. Easier to just randomize it.

Papa LoneStar
08-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Yep....they have the states correct for pipeline purposes though.

JeffHCross
08-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Well ... sometimes they get those wrong too. But that is the purpose, yes.

I do hope they redo pipelines in the future though. The way it's done now is ridiculous.

Oneback
08-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Michigan has a painful first half at home in the rain against Eastern Michigan, then kicks it into gear in the second half to win 31-6.

Michael Cox gains over 100 yards and true freshmen Nick Cleveland rushes 7 times for 73 yards and a touchdown.

Papa LoneStar
08-29-2010, 11:13 PM
#1 Texas slaps the #2 Crimson Tide around 55-13 in Austin. The Longhorns trailed 10-0 midway through the first quarter and ended the game on a 55-3 run. Junior WR Marquise Goodwin embarassed the Alabama secondary....racking up 212 receiving yards and 3 TDs on 6 receptions. Redshirt freshman MLB Jordan Hicks started off his career with a bang....totaling 9 tackles (all solo....including 5 for loss) and an interception in the endzone that was returned 40 yards. Next Saturday, the defending national champion Longhorns will take on #11 TCU at 2:30pm central on ABC.

fsuprime
08-29-2010, 11:31 PM
lol, i guess we didnt change the sliders up this year ;)

Oneback
08-30-2010, 06:50 AM
lol, i guess we didnt change the sliders up this year ;)

We certianly can...what would you like me to change?

psuexv
08-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Penn State knocks off USC 28-14. Good game Snoop - it was a tight battle. USC took the rock and methodically moved down the field. Got into the redzone and threw to a wide open TE and it hit him in the back of the head. Redeemed the next play as Prater caught a 7 yard TD that if the PSU LB would have waved his hand he would have swatted it.

PSU marched right back and tied it up. 2nd quarter PSU won scoring twice to the Trojans 1 and took a half time lead 21-14. PSU added another score in the 2nd half and cruised.

Biggest difference in the game, the USC defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. At least 5 times it was 3rd and plus 7 and all of them were conversions. Even had 2 3rd and plus 10 and still couldn't stop him.

No time to think about it though, Michigan in Week 2.

psusnoop
08-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Penn State knocks off USC 28-14. Good game Snoop - it was a tight battle. USC took the rock and methodically moved down the field. Got into the redzone and threw to a wide open TE and it hit him in the back of the head. Redeemed the next play as Prater caught a 7 yard TD that if the PSU LB would have waved his hand he would have swatted it.

PSU marched right back and tied it up. 2nd quarter PSU won scoring twice to the Trojans 1 and took a half time lead 21-14. PSU added another score in the 2nd half and cruised.

Biggest difference in the game, the USC defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. At least 5 times it was 3rd and plus 7 and all of them were conversions. Even had 2 3rd and plus 10 and still couldn't stop him.

No time to think about it though, Michigan in Week 2.

Great game, my tough running game was another small factor as Backup RB Beachum ran as well as I've seen from any HB I've used in this game this year. He was awesome, ran with power, and a little shake as well which was fun. I posted a vid of one of his many tough runs.

Wedderburn was getting seperation from your secondary on third downs that was also the key, He ended with 4 catches but 3 of them came on third downs and all were first downs.

PSU was 10 for 11 on third down's for the game.

Barkley looked rattled at times, throwing behind open WR's. His 3 picks, 2 inside the 20yd line of PSU was a big factor as well. Great game though and GL the rest of the year!

fsuprime
08-30-2010, 09:03 AM
right now the only solution i see is going to heisman, but that leads to unrealistic plays, i think I have enough user of games (with possibility of acc cg and bowl game) that im ok with it...i was mostly joking about beating top ranked teams by alot of points ;)

skipwondah33
08-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Then on the flip side you have teams like Marshall playing like they were a top ranked team. ....weird

Oneback
08-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah tue D rated Eastern Michigan squad was torching my defense early on and held my offense to 7 points in the first half.

skipwondah33
08-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah they worked my defense up and down field, then held me to a only a FG on my first two 2-3 drives.

JeffHCross
08-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah tue D rated Eastern Michigan squad was torching my defense early on and held my offense to 7 points in the first half.Whereas when I played them last season, they looked like a high school JV squad after their first drive.

Oneback
08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Whereas when I played them last season, they looked like a high school JV squad after their first drive.

I knew I was in for an interesting game when I saw it was raining.

texacotea
08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Will get mine in tonight after the little ones soccer praactice.

fsuprime
08-30-2010, 04:33 PM
cool, after miami we just have clemson to play and we can move on.

Iron Dragon
08-30-2010, 05:15 PM
I had a couple drives where I struggled against UL-Monroe but I seemed to wear them down as the game went on. I had no problems with their spread offense unlike Toledo, Toledo had a few good guys while UL Monroe was led by a like mid-60s rated QB who made alot of bad decisions.

texacotea
08-30-2010, 09:01 PM
da U is done only escobar left

fsuprime
08-30-2010, 09:11 PM
escobar just got online

Oneback
08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
I'll jump on around 10-10:15 central and advance if Escobar is done.

fsuprime
08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
he said he is not starting for another hour :/

Oneback
08-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I will advance in the morning then.

fsuprime
08-30-2010, 10:05 PM
cool

Oneback
08-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Escobar didn't play last night, sorry FSU.

psusnoop
08-31-2010, 07:11 AM
Boo

Papa LoneStar
08-31-2010, 07:16 AM
oooooooooooo!!!!

skipwondah33
08-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Well damn...was anxious to recruit this morning

Papa LoneStar
08-31-2010, 07:28 AM
Me, too....I want to feel comfortable about my top 2 targets....gotta protect the state!

Oneback
08-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Me, too....I want to feel comfortable about my top 2 targets....gotta protect the state!

Instead of College Game Day, Michigan is coming to your city!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrHmQt8Oq-w

JeffHCross
08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
I just want to see how many of my targets I lost to CPU Instants :( :sick:

Papa LoneStar
08-31-2010, 08:22 AM
lol @ Oneback....I have a feeling they are gonna want to be legends in their home state ;-)

I feel ya, Jeff....just a kick in the gut....but at least we know we won't all have the top 25 recruits like last year....the SEC is strong this year....that top 5 was very pleasing to see.

psusnoop
08-31-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm really nervous about my recruiting class this year. I need so much after this year and I've not had much success in landing that many incoming recruits so this is going to be interesting.

Oneback
08-31-2010, 08:47 AM
I just need to know that I am making progress on recruits...I've got a lot of needs this year and I've probably got the toughest recruiting job with my pipelines being California, Texas, Ohio, Michigan and Florida. Too many user teams I have to recruit against.

I've got one motto though....Just keep winning!

psusnoop
08-31-2010, 08:49 AM
I agree, I just want to see if I made some progress with some of these kids and see who isn't being recruited as hard and try to get them to commit quickly.

With all these battles it really is going to be interesting heading forward.

psuexv
08-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah I'm pumped to see what happens after the advance. I threw a lot of time at a couple of kids, anxious to see if I can make a move on their board.

fsuprime
08-31-2010, 09:27 AM
so disappointing :/

Oneback
08-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah I'm pumped to see what happens after the advance. I threw a lot of time at a couple of kids, anxious to see if I can make a move on their board.

Hopefully we will advance tonight. When are you available to play tonight/tomorrow? I am working from home tomorrow as the cable guy is coming by to fix my HD channels so I may be able to fit in a game at some point.

fsuprime
08-31-2010, 09:44 AM
BUTCH
If you did leave it at the
apartment, it's not your fault. I
had you bring a bunch of stuff. I
reminded you about it, but I didn't
illustrate how personal the watch
was to me. If all I gave a fuck
about was my watch, I should've
told you. You ain't a mind reader.

i to am anxious to see what damage the computer does to me.

texacotea
08-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Has anyone said that its disappointing that we havent advanced yet?

fsuprime
08-31-2010, 09:49 AM
its my fault, i did not impress upon escobar that he was the last one left on psn last night when i chatted with him.

tex what are you doing to prepare for losing 4 of your top 5 wr's? Im about to be SOL at the QB position if i do not get one this year

gschwendt
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
i to am anxious to see what damage the computer does to me.
Why are you quoting Pulp Fiction?

psuexv
08-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Hopefully we will advance tonight. When are you available to play tonight/tomorrow? I am working from home tomorrow as the cable guy is coming by to fix my HD channels so I may be able to fit in a game at some point.

Tonight or tomorrow works for me. It would depend on what time it gets advanced tonight. The latest I could start would be 11 EST

fsuprime
08-31-2010, 09:52 AM

because i failed to impress upon escobar the importance of playing his game last night when we talked :)

psuexv
08-31-2010, 09:52 AM

I think because he didn't relay how vital it was that he play last night - "its my fault, i did not impress upon escobar that he was the last one left on psn last night when i chatted with him. "

JeffHCross
08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
For my 2 cents ... it's nobody's fault that Escobar didn't know he was the last one. Dynasty Wire has the option to let us know if we're the last player remaining, and I'm sure if he'd been able to play last night, he would have doen so.

Besides, it's not FSU's job to talk to any of us regarding whether or not we're done. It doesn't surprise me he's impatient enough to do so ;), but it's not his reponsibility.

And if I was the last one before advancing, the last thing I want is messages from FSU telling me to hurry up and play ;)

skipwondah33
08-31-2010, 12:03 PM
And if I was the last one before advancing, the last thing I want is messages from FSU telling me to hurry up and play ;)

I wouldn't mind it if I was the last one, last thing I want to do is hold up everyone.

fsuprime
08-31-2010, 12:05 PM
lol, he was on psn last night so i sent him a msg asking if he was going to play last night and he said yes, i then said good luck in the opener, i was not pestering him ;)......i will pester your ass though jeff!

texacotea
08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
tex what are you doing to prepare for losing 4 of your top 5 wr's? Im about to be SOL at the QB position if i do not get one this year

Well, glad you asked FSU.

I really didnt prepare for it like I should have last year. So more than likely we will become a flexbone 99% run team :)

No really I have no idea, I didnt recruit real hard in that post last year so I will more than likely offer top recruits immediate playing time.

fsuprime
08-31-2010, 12:17 PM
ahhh, i noticed mike james at the FB position, he looks a lot like my fb lonnie pryor, he might be real good in the flexbone...i know g ran a FB heavy offense that was not the flexbone last year at certain points which was tough to stop.

yea i think if u recruit 3 or 4 wr's this year then tommy streeter can hold his own at 1 of the starting spots next season and hopefully be a good stop gap for you.

if i dont sign a QB i will be looking at starting journeymen trickett or secord or a true freshman in 2 years...if EJ goes pro i will be in an even worse spot.

texacotea
08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
ahhh, i noticed mike james at the FB position, he looks a lot like my fb lonnie pryor, he might be real good in the flexbone...i know g ran a FB heavy offense that was not the flexbone last year at certain points which was tough to stop.

yea i think if u recruit 3 or 4 wr's this year then tommy streeter can hold his own at 1 of the starting spots next season and hopefully be a good stop gap for you.

if i dont sign a QB i will be looking at starting journeymen trickett or secord or a true freshman in 2 years...if EJ goes pro i will be in an even worse spot.

I went after about 5 FBs last year and didnt get one. James was the best at the position so I put him there. Streeter has had some issues catching the ball last season but with a new look offense I am hoping to get him and maybe Highsmith some more PT this year.

After Harris went out I was doomed. Highsmith couldnt hit water falling out of a boat. Luckily I lost Cooper late so my O didnt take too big of a hit

psuexv
08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
lol, he was on psn last night so i sent him a msg asking if he was going to play last night and he said yes, i then said good luck in the opener, i was not pestering him ;)......i will pester your ass though jeff!

FSU sounds like the Snoop of our other dynasty. We added a new member this year and he was quickly sent a "don't give Snoop your phone number" message

Oneback
08-31-2010, 01:05 PM
btw, Escobar will play after his classes today and I get off at 4pm today...hope for no traffic and an early advance.

psuexv
08-31-2010, 01:09 PM
OB - you want to shoot for a 9:30 EST kickoff?

psusnoop
08-31-2010, 01:46 PM
HAHA, and I still got it.

fsuprime
08-31-2010, 02:29 PM
lol, yea ive been pretty bad lately i think, with cfb starting soon i wont be so anxious so it should get better. :)

Oneback
08-31-2010, 02:48 PM
We could possibly do it then...it may be closer to 10 EST depending on when my 4-yr old son decides to actually stop coming out of his room while trying to sleep. I'll will shoot for then however.

psuexv
08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
It doesn't matter to me. I should be online around 9EST so when you can get on we can start.

Oneback
08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
It doesn't matter to me. I should be online around 9EST so when you can get on we can start.

Send me a friend request when you get on...not sure if I have you on the list yet. I just hope my team shows up tonight.

JeffHCross
08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Tex, if it's all the same to you, I'd prefer to play tomorrow night (practically anytime after 7 ET). Got some plans tonight. Could ditch them if I had to though.

psuexv
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Send me a friend request when you get on...not sure if I have you on the list yet. I just hope my team shows up tonight.

I think you've sent me one already. You show up on my list.

Oneback
08-31-2010, 05:29 PM
I guess we have...couldn't remember.

Escobar hasn't played yet. I am sure he will have it done soon.

fsuprime
08-31-2010, 07:43 PM
clemson just won :o