PDA

View Full Version : WWE 2K15 - Thoughts & Impressions (PS4 / XB1)

JBHuskers
11-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Please post your thoughts and impressions of the current gen versions of the game.

On a side note, I'll be streaming around 3:30 central - www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers

SCClassof93
11-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Been watching and it looks cool.

JBHuskers
11-18-2014, 07:43 PM
It's pretty good so far. Love the grappling and chain move system.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

SCClassof93
11-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Just read that my career ends after winning the wwe title. Sims to end of career match. JB can you confirm?

SmoothPancakes
11-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Just read that my career ends after winning the wwe title. Sims to end of career match. JB can you confirm?

If that's the truth, that's monumentally stupid.

JBHuskers
11-22-2014, 12:18 AM
Not heard of that. Not sure.

gigemaggs99
11-22-2014, 01:37 PM
I did some reading online, other forums are posting similar things. I asked on a couple of twitch channels and they have confirmed it too. From what they say, 2k made it this way, like it's some sort of a goal, if you win the title the career sims to the end and it's over. Not sure if they're calling it a glitch or an achievement. They also haven't said if they are going to patch or adjust/change it.

From watching some twitch guys, if they aren't done with their career yet and want to continue they just lose that match on purpose and continue on.

Hopefully they (2K) will do something about it, personally I think it would be cool to win the belt, have to defend it, maybe even lose it and win it back.

JBHuskers
11-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Yeah. You're career shouldn't end after winning your first title.

SmoothPancakes
11-23-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm still trying to get used to the various little things in My Career. The reversal window, the trying to find the hot spot in the circle, and other things just keep pissing me off while trying to wrestle in NXT. I had my first NXT match all but won, yet somehow the guy kicks out after I used both my signature and finisher moves, and end up losing because that cunt won't stay down.

For the most part, the majority of my time right now is being spent in Universe mode until I decide whether or not My Career pisses me off.

JBHuskers
11-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Yeah you gotta wear the opponent down. If you get a finisher early and use it right away, they'll kick out in any mode.

gigemaggs99
11-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Fired up 2K WWE on the Xbox 1, completely new to wrasslin' games, haven't played a good wrasslin' game since NES Pro Wrestling.

I put her on rookie skill level and took Stone Cold Steve Austin up against some Fandago guy, seems like a dancer. Well the dancer proceeded to stomp a mud hole in the rattle snake, I did a few rematches and won a few, my 6 year old was watching with VERY WIDE EYES :popcorn: He's never seen a game like this, after the initial shock was over he started laughing when I'd jump off the rope onto the guy, I think he's still more interested in Madden and NCAA.

So far, it seems like a really fun game. Once I get a hang on the controls I think it should be pretty fun. I like the idea of creating your own superstar and slowly building him up.

As far as being a beginner I will say the timing of the RT for counters is going to take some getting used to, it seems like I'm either too fast or too slow. It's taking me a while to figure out the correct button to press after I Irish whip the opponent into the ropes, he comes running back and me and we just crash into each other. I'd like to cloths-line him.

SmoothPancakes
11-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Fired up 2K WWE on the Xbox 1, completely new to wrasslin' games, haven't played a good wrasslin' game since NES Pro Wrestling.

I put her on rookie skill level and took Stone Cold Steve Austin up against some Fandago guy, seems like a dancer. Well the dancer proceeded to stomp a mud hole in the rattle snake, I did a few rematches and won a few, my 6 year old was watching with VERY WIDE EYES :popcorn: He's never seen a game like this, after the initial shock was over he started laughing when I'd jump off the rope onto the guy, I think he's still more interested in Madden and NCAA.

So far, it seems like a really fun game. Once I get a hang on the controls I think it should be pretty fun. I like the idea of creating your own superstar and slowly building him up.

As far as being a beginner I will say the timing of the RT for counters is going to take some getting used to, it seems like I'm either too fast or too slow. It's taking me a while to figure out the correct button to press after I Irish whip the opponent into the ropes, he comes running back and me and we just crash into each other. I'd like to cloths-line him.
Don't worry gige. I've played different wrestling games in the past and even I have no clue what I'm doing. :D. I still am horrible when it comes to timing reverses and I can't do crap to make a move on an Irish whipped opponent other than simply punching or kicking him.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

JBHuskers
12-08-2014, 11:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4UMrs2CEAAgWyB.jpg

SCClassof93
12-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Look at those moobs. :D

JBHuskers
12-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Look at those moobs. :D

They're not moobs if you're in shape :D