PDA

View Full Version : Madden 15 Coachglass

gigemaggs99
11-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Has anyone used it? Any tips, reviews, suggestions?

I downloaded the PS app for my smart phone today, was thinking of trying out this Coachglass this evening.

Anyone else tried it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEisWf1lP6U

Rudy
11-04-2014, 04:29 PM
I think I tried to use it once and then forgot all about it. Let us know if you like it. I vaguely remember thinking it was OK but not worth the bother.

gigemaggs99
11-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I'll see how it works, like others have said when I read reviews I'm not really sure how feasible it would be on Defense. It seems like you have a very limited time to pick your play and attempt to move guys pre-snap vs the CPU if you're supposed to be also looking at stats and play %s I don't see how you will really have enough time to do so.

It sounds good in theory, but I would think the Pros have more than 3 or 4 seconds to make all those decisions.

gigemaggs99
11-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Ok, tried it against the CPU.

It's pretty cool how there seems to be almost 0 delay, I'm still amazed with how fast things are. I'm all wireless and it will be right on time, sometimes maybe a 1 behind on the play clock but it's pretty close to live.

It doesn't do as much as I thought. It basically shows you the defensive tendencies, blitz % vs Man % vs Zone %. I was hoping it would show more like, % of cover 2 used vs cover 3, etc... I didn't think it helped out all that much, telling me if they run man or zone. I guess I call a lot of plays that have routes that will work vs man or zone, i.e. one will be covered and the other will be open so I throw accordingly. It would be more beneficial to know their tendencies of cover 1-3 vs cover 2-4 then I'd be able to pick routes better.

It was neat when I was on offense to see a break-down of my running plays, where I was getting more yards, right, middle, left, same break down for passing stats. Once I saw I was getting more yards rushing up the gut, some to the right and 0 to the left I stopped running left. I seems like the older games showed you this play break down in the pause menu. I paused the game and looked for it but couldn't find it.

Overall I think it's neat, not sure how much I'll use it though as it doesn't give a full idea (coverages) of what the defense is calling. I was impressed with how real-time it is though as I thought it would be more delayed and that would really cause a problem on defense when you have limited time to pick your play. I was happy to see you can read the coachglass and then still have plenty of time to pick a play.

EDIT: I tried it on the XBOX1 and the App for my android smart phone. I plan on giving it try on PS4.

gigemaggs99
11-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Tried coachglass on the PS4, the only difference seemed to be I had to turn off my power save mode on my cell phone. After 5 mins the screen kept wanting to turn off. Other than that it's identical.

jaymo76
11-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Honestly not a fan. The feature is great in theory but it's just another screen to look at. I find I just don't have the time to look at the TV then down at the ipad and back up to the TV. I even turned off the enhanced play calling to limit the amount of info on the screen. But if it works for you, more power to you.

gigemaggs99
11-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Honestly not a fan. The feature is great in theory but it's just another screen to look at. I find I just don't have the time to look at the TV then down at the ipad and back up to the TV. I even turned off the enhanced play calling to limit the amount of info on the screen. But if it works for you, more power to you.

I'll have to try that out, so if the enhanced play calling is OFF do you get 1 play to choose from?

What are the benefits from using quick vs enhanced?

jaymo76
11-08-2014, 12:23 PM
I'll have to try that out, so if the enhanced play calling is OFF do you get 1 play to choose from?

What are the benefits from using quick vs enhanced?

I might be referring to the wrong term. I still have the playcall screen where there are three suggestions that show, but I have chosen the NARROW playcall screen that omits all of the information on the defense, effectiveness, etc. It's not that the information wasn't interesting but for me it was too distracting. I also find it way quicker to navigate through the playcall screen with the narrow format as there is less lag-time.

Rudy
11-08-2014, 02:49 PM
The lag is annoying but I like the standard playcall menu best.