PDA

View Full Version : Off-Season, 2010

Oneback
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
We are now to players leaving.

Oneback
08-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Michigan Coach Oneback was able to talk Michael Cox, Ryan Van Bergen and Elliot Mealer into staying but had to use a lot of time to do so.

With Devin Gardner coming off a Red Shirt year Coach Oneback decided to let Denard Robinson out of his scholarship and transfer to NIU. Little used WR Terrence Robinson was also let out of his commitment to Michigan and will be transfering to EMU.

Oneback
08-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Michigan Coach Oneback was able to talk Michael Cox, Ryan Van Bergen and Elliot Mealer into staying but had to use a lot of time to do so.

With Devin Gardner coming off a Red Shirt year Coach Oneback decided to let Denard Robinson out of his scholarship and transfer to NIU. Little used WR Terrence Robinson was also let out of his commitment to Michigan and will be transfering to EMU.

Or maybe not...everytime I try to get out of the Players Leaving Screen it tells me Online Dynasty is not available. Going to try online. If that doesn't work then I guess I will lose them all.

psuexv
08-23-2010, 11:11 PM
USC had two players that felt they were ready for the NFL. Defensive End Nick Perry - 22 Tackles, 15 for Loss and 4.5 sacks and TJ Bryant - 52 Tackles and a team high 5 ints. Nick Perry immediately saw that he wasn't ready for the NFL and will bring his 93 overall rating back for his Senior year, but TJ decided after hearing he would be taken in the 1st round that he needed to take the payout. It was a long hard decision that took 3 60 minute phone calls to decide.

Also Marquis Simmons FR(RS) and Jawanza Starling SO will be allowed to transfer to Nevada and Colorado respectively as both players and coaches thought it would be in the players best interest.

gschwendt
08-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Wisconsin convinces HB John Clay and DE JJ Watt to return for their senior year. However, DT Patrick Butrym (the anchor of the defense) chose to forgo his senior year and go pro.

Thankfully I was able to convince Watt, otherwise I would have lost my four top defensive players, instead I lose 3 (two to graduation). Watt was #2 in the nation in sacks, Butrym was tied at #4. I'm also thankful that none of RT Josh Oglesby (94OVR), RG Kevin Zeitler (94OVR) or WR Nick Toon (91OVR) were foolish enough to consider leaving for the NFL early... that would have killed me.

fsuprime
08-23-2010, 11:39 PM
FSU had a few young bucks testing the waters, but once they got their draft evaluations back and talked with coach fsuprime they decied to stay

FS Nick Moody (81 ovr), OLB Nigel Carr(85 ovr), and RB Jermaine Thomas (88ovr) were the 3 to stay

JR DT (81 overall) Moses Mccray has opted to go to the draft without his coaches endorsement citing financial problems with his family.

FB So(rs) Debrale Smiley flirted with transfer but was convinced he should stay as well as SO(rs) DT Amp Mcloud

FSU used 6 minutes lol, luckily im done recruiting except for maybe a select 1 or 2 postseason guys.

Papa LoneStar
08-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Texas had 4 players that asked for pro evaluations....and all 4 decided that they would return to Austin. All-Americans CB Aaron Williams and OLB Keenan Robinson along with 1st team Pac-10 OLB Emmanuel Acho return to Austin to lead a Longhorn defense that led the nation in interceptions and was #1 in the Pac-10 in every single category except for rushing yards allowed and sacks (#2 in both to USC)....returning 7 starters on the unit.
Silky running back Fozzy Whittaker also returns with his 1043 rushing yards, 12 TDs, and a sparkling 8.2 yards per carry in a backup role.
3 Longhorns decided to take their talents elsewhere and Coach Papa LoneStar wishes them the best with their new adventures. 3rd string tailback Tre Newton is going to Tulsa. WR DeSean Hales, who made big plays this season, is headed to North Texas. Hales averaged 33.6 yards per catch off 8 receptions, but was likely run off by the primetime WRs who have redshirted during the 2010 championship season. Backup DE Dravannti Johnson has reached out to Coach FSUPrime at Florida State University to become a Seminole. Coach LoneStar thinks that is just silly, but he will not stand in the way of this simple-minded individual. All 3 players seen the writing on the wall and 2 of them made smart decisions with nice, young talent starting at running back and wideout.

Papa LoneStar
08-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Oneback, Tex, Jeff, and Iron are remaining.

Oneback
08-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Well, it looks like I will be losing Michael Cox, Ryan Van Bergen and Elliott Mealer...I get a transfer failed message everytime I try to get out of the players leaving screen and I do not see anywhere online that I can do the players leaving activities.

JeffHCross
08-24-2010, 06:59 AM
DE Mike Vrabel and MLB Greg Bellisari will return for the Buckeyes next year.

WR Terry Glenn has decided to go pro, and HB Jermon Jackson will head to Starksville, Mississippi.

psusnoop
08-24-2010, 07:01 AM
OH man that really stinks.

DE Lattimore is going to be taking his talents to the NFL. He has a boy that surely played a role in his decision. The staff are ok with this, but really felt that he could have improved on his stock a little bit if he would have come back. He was back and forth in his decision and left the staff little time for week 1 recruiting in the offseason. The staff will turn to some younger DE's to fill the void that will surely be missed by Eric leaving early for the draft. It seems that DE Aaron Maybin set the tone a few years ago when he played one full year at DE and left for the NFL. Hard though to knock a kid for a chance at making guaranteed 16 million dollars.

skipwondah33
08-24-2010, 07:45 AM
The Hokies lose a huge part of their offense for next season when HB Ryan Williams (93) decided to enter the pro draft early. Williams won the Doak Walker, Walter Camp, finished 4th in Heisman voting and was the runner-up for the Maxwell award. Coaches tried to convince him to stay but after talking it over with his parents, they felt it was in his best interests to enter the draft as a sure top 3 pick. Williams rushed for 1,988 and 33 TD's despite missing the 1st game of the season. He would go on to break season school records in rushing yards and rushing TD's.

Also deciding to enter the draft surprisingly was our K Justin Myer (86). He chose to go pro instead of coming back for his senior season. Myer was a key point to the Hokies this past season in making every FG and PAT he attempted this season going 17-17 and 70-70.

We were able to convince sophomore MLB Lydell Gibson (85) to stay with the team instead of entering into the NFL draft. Gibson won the Butkus, Nagurski and Bednarik awards. We are happy to have him back to lead our defense this year.

We know will rely on senior HB Darren Evans (92) to carry the load next season for us. We will now be on the lookout for a K and P this off-season as well as a few other pieces to add into the mix.

We wish the guys going pro and graduating seniors the best in their futures.

psuexv
08-24-2010, 08:44 AM
FSU used 6 minutes lol, luckily im done recruiting except for maybe a select 1 or 2 postseason guys.

How in the world did you only use 6 minutes? Don't you have to go in increments of 10?

Oneback
08-24-2010, 08:47 AM
How in the world did you only use 6 minutes? Don't you have to go in increments of 10?

I think he meant 6 hours.

fsuprime
08-24-2010, 08:59 AM
yea my bad, 6 hours,

Jeff did terry glenn leave after his junior year in real life?

hmm oneback that is very strange, i have not read of any possible fixes for this online.

papa, it is very sad but i have learned that Dravannti has an extacy and cocaine addiction that he picked up from hanging out with ramonce taylor off campus and he will be denied entrance to FSU.

we are just waiting on tex and irondragon now.

Oneback
08-24-2010, 10:33 AM
No problem, Michael Cox may have rushed for 1,800+ yards and 23 TDs but he was only 83 OVR, He was going to share time with the #5 HB recruit this upcoming year...I've still got Michael Shaw, Vincent Smith and Fitzgerald Tousaint to fill the void.

The big loss is Ryan Van Bergen who would have been a 90+ OVR LDE next year, I'll have to move some guys around to fill the void and possibly move to the 3-4...with my inability to recruit any defensive line players thus far I am really in a bind along the line.

Elliott Mealer was just going to be there for depth and if all went well probably wouldn't have seen the field unless he worked hard in the off season.

The thing that worries me the most is the failed to transfer error...from reading I have seen that this leads to problems advancing so my fingers are crossed in hopes that is not the case.

fsuprime
08-24-2010, 10:37 AM
ah true, well i posted a fix for that (though it is a pain in the ass for everyone) in the other thread, i have extra OD commissioner slot available if needed later on.

Papa LoneStar
08-24-2010, 10:37 AM
papa, it is very sad but i have learned that Dravannti has an extacy and cocaine addiction that he picked up from hanging out with ramonce taylor off campus and he will be denied entrance to FSU.

I am NOT shocked with those results. This was a guy who was our BEST linebacker in spring practice....then when the season started....he aggressively demanded a move to defensive end. I tried to explain to him that he was best suited for our sam LB spot....but he insisted. He was our 4th DE by default since Jackson Jeffcoat preferred to redshirt. He didn't see the field....and this is a guy who was a very gifted linebacker. Sad to see....a mind is a turrrrible thing to waste.

texacotea
08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I will get it done when i get home this afternoon

psuexv
08-24-2010, 11:53 AM
The thing that worries me the most is the failed to transfer error...from reading I have seen that this leads to problems advancing so my fingers are crossed in hopes that is not the case.

I've seen this in my OD a couple of times when trying to advance. Usually when it happens it gives me the option to Retry or Exit and it always works on the retry.

fsuprime
08-24-2010, 02:19 PM
former nole RB Sammy Smith has stepped in and is taking the role as mentor for this troubled youth, smith had his own problems with drugs and now counsels talented, troubled kids.

Iron Dragon
08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Dejuan Miller and Ryan Broyles will both be returning to school after spending six hours on them.

fsuprime
08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
yay, should we just skip transfers since users can just cut the player at the player cuts screen?

Escobar
08-24-2010, 03:11 PM
DaQuan Bowers is coming back after only having 6 sackes while DT Jarvis Jenkins had 12. Reserve SS Sam Adams has transferred.

psuexv
08-24-2010, 03:17 PM
yay, should we just skip transfers since users can just cut the player at the player cuts screen?

I'm fine with skipping this step. I don't really anticipate any transfers TO USC anyway.

skipwondah33
08-24-2010, 03:36 PM
You can tell if you have any transfers wanting to come can't you. I looked through players leaving and found that no one wanted to transfer to VT.

psuexv
08-24-2010, 03:46 PM
It's the next step. OB will have to advance past players leaving and then we can see players that want to transfer

gschwendt
08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
It's the next step. OB will have to advance past players leaving and then we can see players that want to transfer
No... he's saying that when you're looking at your players leaving, you can scroll through all of the teams and then see if any will be transferring to your school.

psuexv
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM
So... which conference can take bragging rights this year?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eP8IuE9i

I guess my vote would go to the Big Ten with the best overall record and higher year end rankings. However it is nice seeing that MNC trophy reside in the Pac 10

Edit - I tried to post an image, can I not post one from outside this site?

Pac 10 44-8 combined user record - 1, 14, 16 final standings
Big Ten 46-5 combined user record - 2, 4, 9, 19 final standings
ACC - 46-8 combined user record - 3, 10, 17, 20 final standings

Oneback
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Papa won the majority of the National Championships last year with Alabama. Its going to be tough to take it away from him...Despite my high ranking and 12 wins I feel as though my team grossly over performed and it may be a year or two before I am ready for a serious shot at the MNC.

Looking at it PSU is going to be tough next year, if I remember correctly they aren't losing a lot. Wisconsin loses some but with Clay coming back will be tough. OSU will have a lot to replace in Bobby Hoying, Eddie George and Rickey Dudley.

It is going to be tough to repeat as the Big 10 Champion but I return just about everyone on offense except for Michael Cox but he was the lowest rated of all my runningbacks. My defense for next year is up in the air right now. I see a move to the 3-4 coming due to a lack of defensive linemen (namely DTs), but that would force me to move some defensive ends to OLB. My secondary while not 90+ OVR rated will be stout again so as long as I can stop the run things could turn out well.

gschwendt
08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
It is going to be tough to repeat as the Big 10 Champion but I return just about everyone on offense except for Michael Cox but he was the lowest rated of all my runningbacks.
As well you have an incoming true Sophomore at HB that is something like 84OVR.

My biggest question mark next year is definitely WR... I return my top receiver (OVR wise) but lose my next 3 as well as my TE. Clay may regret coming back for his senior season with all of the punishment he'll be taking.

psusnoop
08-24-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm pretty pumped at the talent that is coming back for PSU. While I'm very thin at MLB, I could be moving 1 OLB to inside this year. If I have a weakness that might be it. Should be pretty stout everywhere else. I just jinxed myself.

*Also I'm willing to skip transfers as well and just get into recruiting if everyone else is as well.

JeffHCross
08-24-2010, 06:27 PM
The only two incoming transfers, as far as I can see, are RE Johnson from Texas to FSU and HB Graham from Pitt to Mich. If FSU is willing to skip, we should be good to go since Oneback will get a chance at his either way.

Papa LoneStar
08-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Also down to skip transfers....I CAN NOT wait to see what kind of skills the new guys have....definitely dropped the ball on my secondary and I really need 2 corners and maybe a safety to put my mind at ease.

psusnoop
08-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Papa, I think that your team is fine and you should just sit back and not recruit anymore. Your worries make the rest of us feel just a tick better about ourselves right now.

Oneback
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Well good news, I was able to get the players leaving activities to go through. Ryan Van Bergen and Michael Cox are coming back.

Oneback
08-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Advancing to off season recruiting week 1.

fsuprime
08-24-2010, 06:44 PM
ill have it done in 40 minutes

psusnoop
08-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Going to do mine now online

JeffHCross
08-24-2010, 07:01 PM
yay, should we just skip transfers since users can just cut the player at the player cuts screen?Yes, but if you actually wanted to sign 25 players, the transfer counts as a schollie. Not that I think any of us are going to hit 24 or 25.

Oneback
08-24-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't see that much that I am interested in.

fsuprime
08-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes, but if you actually wanted to sign 25 players, the transfer counts as a schollie. Not that I think any of us are going to hit 24 or 25.

haha yea i dont think i will ever sign 25

psusnoop
08-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Done

fsuprime
08-24-2010, 07:25 PM
everyone should remember to click 'ready to advance' also for offseason recruiting since it can be hard to know if u r done or not.

Kingpin32
08-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm done.

fsuprime
08-24-2010, 07:37 PM
im done as well.

JeffHCross
08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, as I expected, that went nothing like I hoped. Was hoping for big time MLB, WR and HB... didn't really expect it, but it would have been nice to see ... though I may be able to snag a 4* receiver to at least ease the long-term fears I have at WR.

Escobar
08-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm about to try doing mine online for the first time. Wish me luck.

psuexv
08-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Done

texacotea
08-24-2010, 07:59 PM
done....benjamin wanted to leave early but told him we needed him

Oneback
08-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Now that I've got Michael Cox and Ryan Van Bergen on the team everything else is gravy. I hope I land a few of the recruits I have on the board but if I don't I'm not going to worry. I knew coming into this season recruiting was going to be thin. Next year with the updated (better) recruits is when I am hoping to make a splash.

Iron Dragon
08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
I've got my board set up so hopefully the CPU doesn't mess me up and gets me around three or four commits.

Escobar
08-24-2010, 08:16 PM
I finished mine. I noticed when I scheduled a visit for week 1 it showed up as week 2.

gschwendt
08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm done... I assume we're just waiting on Papa and Skip?

skipwondah33
08-24-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm done still says we are waiting on 4 other people.

Weird that Florida signed 2 punters. I on the other hand need a punter and kicker in which none either are interested or already signed. So I will have walk-ons for both positions, special teams will be awful so hopefully we can get into th endzone.

On another note I looked at the dynasty wire and it said USC offered interim coach psu a contract. Thought that was Pretty sweet since it related to him joining the dynasty close to the middle.

JeffHCross
08-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm done still says we are waiting on 4 other people.Earlier tonight the Online Dynasty loading menu said we were at 1/12, but inside the OD it said 4/12. I think something in the offseason screws up the notification system.

On another note I looked at the dynasty wire and it said USC offered interim coach psu a contract. Thought that was Pretty sweet since it related to him joining the dynasty close to the middle.I'm pretty sure PSU wrote that ...

Papa LoneStar
08-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Done....Oneback....please text me if you advance before 6:30am....that way I can hop on in the morning to knock out Week 2 in case we can advance before I get home tommorrow night. Weak new crop BTW :-(

texacotea
08-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Looks like im actually a day behind all the talk. I tried to do my week 1 stuff online but I cant add recruits and it screwed me outta 30 mins on my first call. That being said I will get it done around 430 pm est today.

skipwondah33
08-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Earlier tonight the Online Dynasty loading menu said we were at 1/12, but inside the OD it said 4/12. I think something in the offseason screws up the notification system.
I'm pretty sure PSU wrote that ...

Yeah thats weird when I logged on it had 7 people ready, then I finished and it said 8.

Oh I figured I was giving the game/system too much credit lol

skipwondah33
08-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Looks like im actually a day behind all the talk. I tried to do my week 1 stuff online but I cant add recruits and it screwed me outta 30 mins on my first call. That being said I will get it done around 430 pm est today.

What is it saying when you try to add recruits? I'm able to do so without a problem

psuexv
08-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah thats weird when I logged on it had 7 people ready, then I finished and it said 8.

Oh I figured I was giving the game/system too much credit lol

I did write that, also wrote a small article to go with it. That would have been cool if the system would do something like that.

I do remember in 2009 where I got a transfer from Nebraska and played them two years later and the CPU remember and one of my headlines said something about his return. Thought that was pretty sweet.

Oneback
08-25-2010, 08:40 AM
I didn't advance this morning as Tex wasn't ready. I will advance tonight around 7pm central.

psusnoop
08-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Sweet!

texacotea
08-25-2010, 10:40 AM
My apologies guys... :(

skipwondah33
08-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah its all your fault!...ban him from postseason play haha...j/k

I think this dynasty is moving at a damn good pace myself with having 12....err 10 busy guys in it. Jeff and FSU apparently have all the free time in the world and would like advance daily :D haha

Its definitely the fastest one I've ever been in but it doesn't feel over bearing fast.

On another note if I'm near the last or holding it up, feel free to text me and say "hey get your stuff" done, because when I'm at home I rarely get on the boards unlike when I'm at work I'm always on

Oneback
08-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Speaking of while at work....the Onlne Dynasty site has really started to waste a lot of time at work now that we are in the off season and I am trying to figure out where I am going to put guys for next season.

psuexv
08-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Just a little bit. I find that I have it open constantly and pop into frequently to look at some strategy for next year.... Right not trying to figure out how to configure my Offensive Line, which has mid 70s SO on the left side and I have 3 mid to high 80s at RT.

psusnoop
08-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I frequent the boards often as well as going over my other 3 online dynasties too.

gschwendt
08-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Unless my players develop really well or I recruit the hell out of some players in the upcoming season, my roster is going to look really bad in 2012. :(

Oneback
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
I am going to be right there with you it looks like.

psusnoop
08-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm scared to think what I might be facing in 2012. I need to get some O-line help NOW.

texacotea
08-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I check them a good bit while @ work but not so much at home. Agree with skip, if Im the last one someone text me and tell me to get a move on it.

Oneback
08-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Advanced to week 2.

fsuprime
08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
done

gschwendt
08-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Done.

psuexv
08-25-2010, 07:50 PM
done

psusnoop
08-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Done

skipwondah33
08-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Did mine online so I'm done

Papa LoneStar
08-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Done

Escobar
08-26-2010, 01:02 AM
I've been done, did it on the game.

texacotea
08-26-2010, 04:56 AM
done

Oneback
08-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Advanced to week 3.

psusnoop
08-26-2010, 07:03 AM
done

skipwondah33
08-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Done

texacotea
08-26-2010, 08:41 AM
done

psuexv
08-26-2010, 08:55 AM
done

fsuprime
08-26-2010, 09:25 AM
lol tried to do it online and ran into webservice error on my first call ever, could not even schedule a visit. fucking ea, enjoy the DE skip :)

done for week 3.

gschwendt
08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Done.

skipwondah33
08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I think I had him anyway after his visit this week haha...we'll see though

fsuprime
08-26-2010, 10:00 AM
could be, i was going to use 3 promises this week and have him visit week 3 as well

psusnoop
08-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Same thing happened to me with a K and my one DE. I was quite upset and I'm hoping it doesn't cost me the Kicker atleast because I really need him,LOL

fsuprime
08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
yea, was my first and only time using EAs broken web recruiting tool glad i was just going after players for fun and not a need when i learned this lesson.

skipwondah33
08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I've never had a problem using it thus far and I'd say I've did it online more than from my console

Escobar
08-26-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm done. I noticed from my fist time doing online a couple days ago, that when you try to schedule a visit, if you don't click the week first then click OK. It messes up.

Papa LoneStar
08-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Done with Week 3

Kingpin32
08-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Done

Oneback
08-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Advancing to week 4.

psusnoop
08-26-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm done. I noticed from my fist time doing online a couple days ago, that when you try to schedule a visit, if you don't click the week first then click OK. It messes up.

Son of a bitch, I wish I had read that. First the SS, then both my DE's commit and now for the second straight week a 2* kicker I've been going hard after this happened to me. I was trying to figure out what I was doing to trigger this error but hadn't figured it out. Now I know, thanks but darn it I need to check stuff more.

I'm done for this week 4

gschwendt
08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Advancing to week 5.
I assume you meant week 4.

I'm done with Week 4.

Kingpin32
08-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm done too.

Oneback
08-26-2010, 07:43 PM
I assume you meant week 4.

Oops, yeah....week 4. Updated.

Wishful thinking I guess...I am chomping at the bit to get back on the field and see what I've got.

gschwendt
08-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Oops, yeah....week 4. Updated.

Wishful thinking I guess...I am chomping at the bit to get back on the field and see what I've got.
Agreed... I'm most looking forward to Training Results this offseason. It will give me hope or dash my hopes for the future.

fsuprime
08-26-2010, 07:59 PM
im done recruiting for the year, ready for training results

texacotea
08-26-2010, 08:08 PM
done with week 4

skipwondah33
08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Done week 4

JeffHCross
08-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Jeff and FSU apparently have all the free time in the world and would like advance dailyHell no. When we advance daily is when I have a massive headache ... every other day is about as fast as I can handle for an extended period, which is about what we did this year.

NCAA is practically my only relaxation now, so when I get home that's all I do.

For what it's worth though, I don't work from home like some people ;)

fsuprime
08-26-2010, 10:45 PM
lol, school just started for me, 16 hours but its heavy on monday and wednesday, tuesday thursday i only have 1 class on campus and no class friday :)

JeffHCross
08-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Pfft. 16 hours.

fsuprime
08-26-2010, 10:49 PM
it could be a hard life, but i make my wife work 2 jobs so i can focus on muh grades.

JeffHCross
08-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Oh, I was just scoffing because I don't think I started a quarter with 16 hours my entire career in college. More than 16 every quarter for me ... at least to start. Didn't always end that way :D

fsuprime
08-26-2010, 10:52 PM
well really its 12 hours towards my major/3 hour elective bs class and 1 hour of bowling...
i need 32 over the next 2 semesters to graduate so i have to take 2 1 hour classes, so ill take tennis next semester ;)

JeffHCross
08-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Hahaha, nice. I took 3 electives of Ice Skating my last two years, but I was something like 30 hours over the requirement to graduate, so it was just for my own interest.

fsuprime
08-26-2010, 11:09 PM
there is a class called 2012 and mayan calendar i want to take but its a 4000 level class and im not looking for that much work for my electives atm, going to ask the teacher for a syllabus and i might take it in the spring...might get a comment or 2 from prospective employers 0.o

Papa LoneStar
08-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Done with Week 4 via the website

Oneback
08-27-2010, 05:37 AM
Advancing to week 5.

Papa LoneStar
08-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Done....and ready for my favorite 2 steps! I'm glad I got a pretty good class (16 commits....four 5*, eight 4*, and four 3*.... 4.0 star average), because I have DEFINITELY learned some quality lessons during this recruiting season.

psusnoop
08-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Done

texacotea
08-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Done, this recruiting has been terrible for me

skipwondah33
08-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Hopefully if I become a 6-star prestige team it will help with recruits wanting to play fo us

Done with week 5 recruiting

I know some people have been having trouble with the website and recruiting but it definitely is great to have the ability to use it. I feel its really helping keep things moving alot smoother compared to the last few years.

Oneback
08-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Done, this recruiting has been terrible for me

Yeah I hear ya. I am done recruiting for the year and have only landed 9 recruits. Now I didn't have a lot of room to bring in a big class so that may be part of it. We'll see how next year goes as I will have a lot of needs.

gschwendt
08-27-2010, 08:57 AM
With 11 signings, I have the #83 recruiting class in the country. :(

skipwondah33
08-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Whats mine? or did you look lastnight?

gschwendt
08-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Whats mine? or did you look lastnight?
I looked this morning... didn't write down any others. I'll try to check a little bit later and will report all of them as of this morning.

skipwondah33
08-27-2010, 09:34 AM
I looked this morning... didn't write down any others. I'll try to check a little bit later and will report all of them as of this morning.

Just was curious, thought you may have been actually logged on to your PS3. Don't worry about man I'll look after I get off work

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 10:27 AM
2 Texas ________4 8 4
4 USC _________-___ 3 8 2
9 Penn St __________ 2 7 6
10 osu ____________ 0 10 7
11 va tech__________ 0 12 3
20 FSU ____________2 8 0
40 Miami ___________0 5 8
47 Okla ____________0 4 9
68 TTU ____________ 0 4 6
72 Mich. ____________1 3 5
83 Wiscy_____________ 0 3 7 1

also FSU is done for week 5, we are 4/12 right now but im not sure which ppl who are done since before week 5 and have not clicked ready for advance...id love to get to pre-season tonight, is that possible ?

skipwondah33
08-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks Prime

Pulled in a pretty decent class even though not alot of people wanted to come to us at first. Hopefully I can get some 5 stars in the mix next year.

I'm done so that should make it 5

psusnoop
08-27-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty sure psuexv and myself are both done and ready

I might not be set to advance but I'm for sure done.

Kingpin32
08-27-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm done, I haven't been able to log on on my PS3, I got to get the IT team to check it out today.

psuexv
08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm done

psuexv
08-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Just an FYI - if we advance tonight I probably won't be able get on.. have a fantasy football draft tonight but may be able to hop on late.

JeffHCross
08-27-2010, 11:47 AM
we are 4/12 right now but im not sure which ppl who are doneThis morning it only said 2/12, but when I checked the thread there were like 4 or 5 that said "Done". From the beginning that number hasn't been right in the offseason.

id love to get to pre-season tonight, is that possible ?I think Papa's "I can't do any weekdays" includes tonight. Not sure.

Oneback
08-27-2010, 11:50 AM
If not tonight is everyone available tomorrow afternoon to get the rest of the off-season/preseason done. I would really like to kickoff Season 2 Saturday night/Sunday morning.

texacotea
08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I can be around later tonight. Going to the football game

skipwondah33
08-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm free, just may need you to shoot me a text saying when

gschwendt
08-27-2010, 12:13 PM
If not tonight is everyone available tomorrow afternoon to get the rest of the off-season/preseason done. I would really like to kickoff Season 2 Saturday night/Sunday morning.
I should be available.

Oneback
08-27-2010, 12:38 PM
I was thinking about 1pm central tomorrow....

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 01:08 PM
1 central is fine with me *but lets get to position changes tonight* :)

Kingpin32
08-27-2010, 02:37 PM
I should be free, but shoot me a text cause I could be sleep still. I wouldn't be able to make tonight, as I gotta work til 11 and I'll be going out when I get off.

psuexv
08-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I should be around Saturday to hop on and off, promised the wife I'd get some things done around the house since next weekend starts college football. Shoot me a text when it's ready - 8143603112 -

Oneback
08-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Top Classes - Final

2 - Texas
7 - USC
11 - Penn State
15 - Ohio State
16 - Va Tech
24 - FSU
54 - Miami
60 - Clemson
70 - Oklahoma
72 - Texas Tech
83 - Michigan

Oneback
08-27-2010, 05:52 PM
We have advanced to position changes.

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 06:16 PM
sweet, will get it done soon, just waiting for a break in this scintillating h.s. football game on espn

Escobar
08-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I have to work tomorrow from 11-8, so I can do it after that.

JeffHCross
08-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Ugh. Done.

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 06:48 PM
im so torn on whether to move lonnie pryor to RB and redshirt him or not :/...oh well i can always jumbo package him and i need him at fb for at least one more year.

gschwendt
08-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Top Classes - Final

2 - Texas
7 - USC
11 - Penn State
15 - Ohio State
16 - Va Tech
24 - FSU
54 - Miami
60 - Clemson
70 - Oklahoma
72 - Texas Tech
83 - Michigan
Looks like the experts didn't even want to rank the Wisconsin class it was so bad. :(

I'm done with position changes... looks like my team might not be as bad shape as I thought, though training results will tell the whole story.

Oneback
08-27-2010, 06:52 PM
If everyone can get their player changes in this evening I will advance around midnight or so. Everyone then can look at player training then I think all that is left after that is preseason.

gschwendt
08-27-2010, 06:54 PM
If everyone can get their player changes in this evening I will advance around midnight or so. Everyone then can look at player training then I think all that is left after that is preseason.
Also have Player Cuts after training results.

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Looks like the experts didn't even want to rank the Wisconsin class it was so bad. :(

I'm done with position changes... looks like my team might not be as bad shape as I thought, though training results will tell the whole story.
oops my g was doing it real fast and trying to figure out how to make 'spaces' show up in the post

Kingpin32
08-27-2010, 07:09 PM

I'll try to get mine in tonight when I get off work.

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 07:24 PM
im done, 6'7 OLB i recruiting came in with str 84 and great power and finesse moves so he has been moved to RE, zone coverage is 80 so maybe i can work in some blitzes where he drops into coverage.

gschwendt
08-27-2010, 07:57 PM
oops my g was doing it real fast and trying to figure out how to make 'spaces' show up in the post
No... you did. I was just commenting on Oneback excluding me from the final listing.

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 08:06 PM
ah lol, i told iron dragon and hes online,

psusnoop
08-27-2010, 08:22 PM
will be doing position changes here in a few minutes

I will do cuts(though I have none I believe) tomorrow morning around 9am or so. Then I won't be available till after 9:30pm Saturday night. But as always I'll get my stuff in.

skipwondah33
08-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Hoping on to do my position changes in the next few minutes or so

texacotea
08-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Top Classes - Final

2 - Texas
7 - USC
11 - Penn State
15 - Ohio State
16 - Va Tech
24 - FSU
54 - Miami
60 - Clemson
70 - Oklahoma
72 - Texas Tech
83 - Michigan

Wisconsin didnt make the list?

JeffHCross
08-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Michigan's interns couldn't imagine anyone doing worse than the maize and blue, so they didn't go further down the list.

Iron Dragon
08-27-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm backkkkkkkkk.

Done with position changes.

skipwondah33
08-27-2010, 09:56 PM
The Hokies are done. We aren't looking too shabby on defense at all especially on the D-line, LB and secondary....well thats the entire defense haha

Offense we may be a little shaky, the true freshman may start...who knows

JeffHCross
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
FYI, Oneback, I'm not sure how many guys need to do Cut Players (I'm pretty sure there are a few that don't have 70), but I definitely need to.

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 10:33 PM
yea oneback post here when u will advance to player training, ill be up until 2 est and id like to look at it

Oneback
08-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I am on my way home, I will advance when I get there.

fsuprime
08-27-2010, 11:40 PM
cool

skipwondah33
08-27-2010, 11:50 PM
cool

lol Prime is ready to roll

fsuprime
08-28-2010, 12:06 AM
worst weekend of the year, the one right before football starts, im dying ;)

Oneback
08-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Well I haven't heard from Kingpin. He was working late tonight and said he would try to get on after work for position changes. I am going to be up for a little bit longer so if I hear from him I'll advance. Looks like it may be in the morning however.

fsuprime
08-28-2010, 12:16 AM
alright im off to bed! i hope kingpin checks the msg board tomorrow morning.

Oneback
08-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Advanced to training results.

JeffHCross
08-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Holy crap. My two kickers went +8/+8 and +6/+6 in KPW/KAC. My punter went +9/+10.

Tex's Kicker is 99 KPW (though that was only +4, so not surprising)

Iron Dragon
08-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Ryan Broyles now is 99 OVR with 99 ACC, 99 AWR, and 99 CTH.

His partner in crime Dejuan Miller's SPD is now 98, along with a 5+ CTh, 7+ RR, +7 CIT boost.

Landry Jones' THA went up 4, as well.

Oneback
08-28-2010, 12:52 PM
About to advance to Cut Players.

gschwendt
08-28-2010, 01:00 PM
John Clay Issues Formal Apology (http://www.easports.com/dynasty?module=moduleRoster#module=moduleStoryView&story=22508671131283018404787&dynid=74791&sku=661A0001&sid=0&wknum=31)

JeffHCross
08-28-2010, 01:26 PM
John Clay Issues Formal Apology (http://www.easports.com/dynasty?module=moduleRoster#module=moduleStoryView&story=22508671131283018404787&dynid=74791&sku=661A0001&sid=0&wknum=31)
Like all stories in our dynasty (ugh), you have to be logged into the Wire to read it ... fyi to anyone else who wants to read it.

I am so not looking forward to that game, G.

Oneback
08-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Clay and that offensive line look impressive. Luckliy Michigan's defensive line is equally impressive.

gschwendt
08-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Like all stories in our dynasty (ugh), you have to be logged into the Wire to read it ... fyi to anyone else who wants to read it.I think Oneback can change that by unticking the "Members Only" box on the Dynasty Hub.

JeffHCross
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Isn't that the Public/Private setting? We're set to Public ...

fsuprime
08-28-2010, 01:58 PM
fsu done with cut players, hard to tell but we did not get much love from training results lol, probably be a B overall team again this season.

we are waiting on escobar/psuxv/kingpin/snoop/iron dragon

gschwendt
08-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Isn't that the Public/Private setting? We're set to Public ...
No, public/private determines whether anyone can join or whether they have to be invited or have the password.

Profile View I believe is what determines whether someone outside the dynasty can see the information.

JeffHCross
08-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Ah ... well, then. Oneback, check that setting! :D

fsuprime
08-28-2010, 02:55 PM
are we going to pre-season tonight? or tomorrow?

Papa LoneStar
08-28-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm not gonna think about it and maybe it will surprise me....:-(

Iron Dragon
08-28-2010, 03:34 PM
With only 14 seniors graduating, we recruited 14 players so that puts at 70, so no need to cut anyone..

Oneback
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM
are we going to pre-season tonight? or tomorrow?

More than likely tonight

fsuprime
08-28-2010, 03:48 PM
cool, yea ID i ended up with exactly 70, but ea screwed me with a junior CB Mike Harris who will play alot this year, they gave him 73 acceleration so he got cut :(

so im at 69, im happy to announce that dvvranti johnson transfer from texas completed all of his rehab requirements and AA meetings over the summer and has earned a spot on FSUs roster at ROLB.

*this move is not much of a surprise after super star 6'7 OLB recruit was moved to DE where he is expected to be a game changer :P*

Papa LoneStar
08-28-2010, 03:51 PM
haha....I feel ya....I'm not sure which attributes that ID changed....but he was 90 ovr at LOLB on the default roster....helps that he was an impact player, too....not sure if it will carry over in a transfer

fsuprime
08-28-2010, 03:54 PM
yea he was an impact player at x-fer but since he sits out a year i doubt he will get that again...also nigel bradham is a 94ovr monster right now and dvvranti is only like an 82overall lol, mainly need him as a depth filler if i whiff at OLB this year recruiting.

JeffHCross
08-28-2010, 04:03 PM
are we going to pre-season tonight? or tomorrow?It shouldn't take people very long to do Cut Players, so I'd think we'd get there tonight, though maybe late.

Kingpin32
08-28-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't think I need to cut anyone, I'm at work so I can't check it yet.

Oneback
08-28-2010, 04:28 PM
What time do you think you'll be able to check Kingpin? I believe we are just waiting on you and Escobar.

Kingpin32
08-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I get off at 6, and I think I'll be free until the Cowboys game.

Oneback
08-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Kingpin should have his cuts done by 7pm I am assuming, Escobar doens't get off work until 8pm central....so at some point after that we will advance tonight.

fsuprime
08-28-2010, 05:31 PM
awesome

Oneback
08-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Escobar just got home and is doing player cuts, he's only got 55 players so I doubt it will take long...I will advance once he is done.

JeffHCross
08-28-2010, 09:05 PM
FYI guys ... I'm gonna be a little slow with pre-season recruiting ... just want to make sure I have a chance at a good class this year ... lots of holes on my team. Appreciate your patience. If we advance tonight and I have a chance to tear into it, it shouldn't take me that long. Just wanted to put that out there.

psusnoop
08-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Cool I just got home, I'll be able to do my redshirting here in about 30 minutes or earlier.

Pumped for the new season to kickoff

Oneback
08-28-2010, 09:07 PM
FYI guys ... I'm gonna be a little slow with pre-season recruiting ... just want to make sure I have a chance at a good class this year ... lots of holes on my team. Appreciate your patience. If we advance tonight and I have a chance to tear into it, it shouldn't take me that long. Just wanted to put that out there.

I will be right there with ya....just looked over my roster and I need to land 21 recruits this season or I may have some problems in the near future.

JeffHCross
08-28-2010, 09:10 PM
I will be right there with ya....just looked over my roster and I need to land 21 recruits this season or I may have some problems in the near future.If memory serves, I have around 18 seniors. Add to that the fact that I didn't grab a David Boston or Andy Katzenmoyer type, and I may need some additional help that the real Buckeyes didn't.

JeffHCross
08-29-2010, 03:00 AM
Looks like the experts didn't even want to rank the Wisconsin class it was so bad. :(For the record, you were #93.