PDA

View Full Version : Mafia II

morsdraconis
08-23-2010, 04:45 AM
Can't believe there's nothing in here on it. Game looks really awesome (helps that I'm totally into Mafia based games). Never played the first one (had a PS2 not a Xbox).

Played the demo and I'm definitely getting the game sometime soon.

Kwizzy
08-23-2010, 11:20 AM
yeah, I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Gonna read some reviews now, but i imagine i'll end up renting this one. I don't typically buy games like this because for me they have too much replayability once ive made it through the story mode.

CLW
08-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Saw a commercial on it and I'm intrigued especially if it is as good as Red Dead. I believe that someone else makes Mafia though and not Rock Star.

Kwizzy
08-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Read the IGN review & it seems like it has a good story mode but don't expect to be able to run around & enjoy yourself as much doing other things like you can in rockstar games.

Rudy
08-23-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm going to have to check out the demo soon.

morsdraconis
08-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Read the IGN review & it seems like it has a good story mode but don't expect to be able to run around & enjoy yourself as much doing other things like you can in rockstar games.

Yeah, but I don't have a problem with that (mainly because I'm anal about sidequests and end up having to do them all and thus making myself get sidetracked from the main story).

I got it today but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Looking forward to playing it though.

Rudy
08-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I will say the fact the story is more linear and NOT like GTA is very appealing to me. I don't care that much about things being completely open world.

Kwizzy
08-23-2010, 11:01 PM
I will say the fact the story is more linear and NOT like GTA is very appealing to me. I don't care that much about things being completely open world.

I actually agree with this. I personally never got too into the side missions because it got me away from the main storyline as well. But it also pretty much guarantees that i rent vs buy as the replayability is reduced.

morsdraconis
08-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I actually agree with this. I personally never got too into the side missions because it got me away from the main storyline as well. But it also pretty much guarantees that i rent vs buy as the replayability is reduced.

Well, I can definitely see where it's reduced, but so far, it's pretty good. I'm enjoying it. Not much of a story so far though.

CLW
08-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Just added this bad boy to the queue. Although at the rate I'm going at Red Dead and Uncharted 2 it may be awhile before I get to the game.

morsdraconis
08-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Pretty much completely disappointed with this game. It's nothing like The Godfather (working your way up the ranks, going into shops and hustling them, more than 4 weapons...) and is ridiculously short (~9 hours or so). Not to mention, the "story" is pretty much blah.

Rudy
08-31-2010, 05:43 AM
I still have to check out the demo.