PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 15 - Demo Impressions

cdj
09-08-2014, 09:02 PM
With the demo available this week, use this thread share your thoughts and general impressions.

cdj
09-10-2014, 08:04 PM
The FIFA 15 demo is now available for PS4 users!

steelerfan
09-10-2014, 09:09 PM
The FIFA 15 demo is now available for PS4 users!
Thanks! Gonna download now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

steelerfan
09-10-2014, 10:47 PM
A few quick impressions after one match. Remember, I only played 14 on the PS3 (I have played the PS4 demo).

I lost as Chelsea 1-0 at Anfield against Liverpool. Just as Camp Nau was the only ground in the demo last year, this year features Anfield.

There are several new tactics and you have complete control over player positioning on the team sheet. You can literally drag and drop a player anywhere on the pitch. So, if you want your holding mids to play wide you can do that. Nice.

The pre-match presentation is as good as always. The Scousers were, of course, belting out You'll Never Walk Alone. I did like that a few of the players were mentioned by the commentary team when the lineups were displayed.

Despite some foot planting quirks (sliding etc) and the occasional body part sinking too deep in the grass, the pitch is the best I have ever seen in any game. The grass is beautiful and the degradation is really good.

The gameplay is as good as I've ever seen in this series. The game does play very fast (even on Slow) but I'll be able to fix that with sliders.

There are a ton of new animations. I particularly liked seeing the defenders put their hands behind their backs when threatened in the box.

I didn't see any fouls but I can see that the potential is there. Incidentally, when you fire up the demo it has you playing as Liverpool against City. I only played a half of that match before quitting. In that half, there were 2 penalties awarded.

There were 7 corners which would translate to 20-25 in a match with my usual settings. That would be amazing. It was a labor to squeeze 10 corners out of a match on last gen with most games seeing about 5.

Commentary was added to the game-winning goal during the past match highlights. I thought that was a nice touch.

Overall, I'm impressed. Once I can sink some time into sliders, this game is going to occupy my life and NHL (though I'm enjoying it) will be the game I only go to for a change of pace.

jaymo76
09-10-2014, 11:35 PM
I agree with what Steeler has to say. My only impression I can add is... WOW!!! This game looks, feels and plays an outstanding game of soccer. The visuals are truly stunning. However the best part is how the players move. It just feels so natural and fluid.

What I love most though? The voice recognition via the PS camera. This is absolutely fantastic. Making subs, changing tactics, pressure, etc. What an awesome addition! Whoever came up with this idea needs a raise! Phenomenal!

steelerfan
09-11-2014, 01:21 AM
Just played a second match. Liverpool vs City, I was Liverpool and won 3-1 (was playing on default which is Pro instead of World Class like I played the Chelsea match earlier).

I am so glad to see that the corner kick tactics from FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 are in. Great addition. I expected that though. What I didn't expect was new options and tactics for every dead ball situation.

For example, you can now switch to "Receiver" for every dead ball including throw-ins. You can also send your teammates deep on a goal kick. Good stuff.

I mentioned some new Team Tactics. I used Park the Bus late to hold my lead. The only other new tactic I've seen for sure is In the Mixer. I think there are others though.

I've been asking EA since FIFA 12 to keep the clock rolling in real time during stoppages and that has made it in. Glad to see it.

The second match had 4 fouls and a booking. That is about what I'd see in 2 matches with 15 minute halves last gen.

Also, since I had a match with more than one goal in it, I can now say that the "commentary" during the highlights is added for every goal - even in the first half.

I'm loving this and the next week and a half are going to be murderous. I can't wait for the game to release!

I think I'm going to buck my usual career (starting with Houston) and jump right to Chelsea. I'm so happy to see all 20 Premier League grounds in the game.

jaymo76
09-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Steeler, have you tried the voice recognition?

steelerfan
09-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Steeler, have you tried the voice recognition?

No.

I don't have a camera. I suppose it would work with any headset too, but I haven't tried. I'll have to give it a shot.

steelerfan
09-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Played a third match. On World Class, All Manual, I lost 1-0 to Manchester City. I was Chelsea.

A couple of things I failed to mention...

Players grab each other's jerseys and you can see them being pulled in replays. It looks fantastic and should be another trigger for fouls and bookings.

Also, with regards to the highlight packages, they are perfect. Only shots, saves, tackles, fouls and emotional outbursts are shown. Last gen, the highlights were always cluttered with keepers catching horrible crosses and the like. Not any more.

Any one who is looking for a great sports game or is open minded about learning about club football, and the sport in general, should not hesitate to buy this on release day. Fantastic game, no doubt.

jaymo76
09-11-2014, 05:36 PM
The crowds are so freaking good in this game (except for the fan who wears that weird #09 jersey...).