PDA

View Full Version : Madden 15 PS4/Xbox1 Slider discussions

jaymo76
08-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Post here your sliders and/or comments about how to improve the overall gameplay. For me sliders are very personal. What I like others may not. As long as I am having fun, competitive games that's all I am looking for.

jaymo76
08-27-2014, 02:54 PM
As per usual, most penalty sliders do not work. However, from testing I feel as though false start, holding and facemask and clipping seem to dumb down the cpu run game and overall aggressiveness. Therefore I am leaving penalties at default for Madden 15.

jaymo76
08-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Also, once you drop the cpu below 10 for QB accuracy you really see some poor throws. At QB acc of 5-7 I am seeing most QB's in the 60% range. Upping hum pass coverage also helps against robo QB's.

jaymo76
08-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Sadly it appears that auto-subs work very well in play now but they are not effective in CFM. This has been stated by many other people at OS. It was an issue last year and an issue this year. This will really impact two back teams.

jaymo76
08-27-2014, 03:07 PM
In truth the gameplay for this game is so good that you don't need a lot of slider adjustments. Little tweaks fix MOST issues. Well done EA!

jaymo76
08-27-2014, 04:42 PM
My CFM base set:

Level: All Pro
Play calling: Enhanced
Quarter length: 12 minutes
Accelerated clock: 16 seconds

Speed threshold: 50
Gameplay: SLOW
Fatigue: 65
Injuries: 67

Camera: standard
Coin flip: kick
Coin flip two: against the wind

Human vs CPU AI

QB Acc 10 / 10
Pass block 50 / 59
WR catch 45 / 45
Run block 50 / 60
Fumble 50 / 50
Reaction 52 / 50
Interceptions 30/ 30
Pass covg. 54 / 52
Tackle 50 / 50

FG Power 50
FG Accuracy 45
Punt Power 50
Punt Accuracy 52
Kickoff Power 52

Auto-sub

In/Out

QB 60/59
HB 92/90
WR 87/85
FB 85/84
OL 66//65

DT 89/87
DE 88/86
LB 82/80
CB 82/80
S 82/80

* Intentional grounding lowered to 40

These are working for ME but the way I play may be totally different from others. I am NOT suggesting to use them but rather sharing them and hoping to see what others are using. I am a firm believer that you need to play with the sliders until you find a comfort zone. Right now this is working for me so I am happy.

CLW
08-27-2014, 09:13 PM
I'll give those a try Jaymo.

jaymo76
09-01-2014, 12:23 PM
If only there were a way to get cpu QB's to throw the ball. Increasing pass protection only means there is less pressure. Cpu QB's still take sacks non-stop. You almost need to house rule no blitz in order to get less than 5 sacks per game.

psusnoop
09-03-2014, 05:47 AM
My CFM base set:

Level: All Pro
Play calling: Enhanced
Quarter length: 12 minutes
Accelerated clock: 16 seconds

Speed threshold: 50
Gameplay: SLOW
Fatigue: 65
Injuries: 65

Camera: standard
Coin flip: kick
Coin flip two: against the wind

Human vs CPU AI

QB Acc 10 / 7
Pass block 50 / 58
WR catch 45 / 45
Run block 51 / 56
Fumble 50 / 50
Reaction 52 / 50
Interceptions 35 / 30
Pass covg. 55 / 52
Tackle 50 / 50

FG Power 50
FG Accuracy 45
Punt Power 50
Punt Accuracy 52
Kickoff Power 52

Auto-sub

In/Out

QB 60/59
HB 92/90
WR 87/85
FB 85/84
OL 66//65

DT 89/87
DE 88/86
LB 82/80
CB 82/80
S 82/80

These are working for ME but the way I play may be totally different from others. I am NOT suggesting to use them but rather sharing them and hoping to see what others are using. I am a firm believer that you need to play with the sliders until you find a comfort zone. Right now this is working for me so I am happy.

Jaymo, I picked the game up this past weekend and I'm hoping to play a few games today and also after work tonight. I will give this a try as my base and let you know if I make any tweaks and/or how well they work in general for me.

psusnoop
09-03-2014, 05:47 AM
I'll give those a try Jaymo.

Any thougths CLW?

CLW
09-03-2014, 06:25 AM
I haven't tried any sliders yet but I plan on giving these and Charter's (over at OS) a try.

psusnoop
09-03-2014, 06:32 AM
I haven't tried any sliders yet but I plan on giving these and Charter's (over at OS) a try.

Oh yeah that's the other one I want to try too. It will be interesting to see what we think of both sets in comparison to each other.

psusnoop
09-03-2014, 07:30 AM
If only there were a way to get cpu QB's to throw the ball. Increasing pass protection only means there is less pressure. Cpu QB's still take sacks non-stop. You almost need to house rule no blitz in order to get less than 5 sacks per game.

From Charter at OS for what it's worth:

(You really need to edit the traits of at least the starting QB's if not all to have Yes on the Throws the ball away trait. Also pick paranoid for the pocket awareness trait. This really cut's down on the sacks. I shared my roster with these done under my gamer tag xXCharter04Xx)

jaymo76
09-03-2014, 12:34 PM
From Charter at OS for what it's worth:

(You really need to edit the traits of at least the starting QB's if not all to have Yes on the Throws the ball away trait. Also pick paranoid for the pocket awareness trait. This really cut's down on the sacks. I shared my roster with these done under my gamer tag xXCharter04Xx)

Problem is though that this only works for the first few seasons. Once rookie QB's enter the league you cannot edit their attributes. Some people believe changing intentional grounding fixes things but in my experimenting I have NOT seen this result.

jaymo76
09-03-2014, 12:53 PM
I am going to raise cpu run block to 60. In CFM the average run of the mill RB's just don't get enough yardage (about 3.6 ypc).

jaymo76
09-03-2014, 12:57 PM
The really tough thing about changing sliders during your CFM is CONFIDENCE. It really inflates/deflates your players. When Janikowski was below 30 he could not hit the back side of a barn. Marquette King has a 99 confidence and every game he will have a coffin corner punt.

Play now does play different to CFM but at this point I am too invested in my franchise to go back in play now and change things up.

JBHuskers
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM
I haven't dicked around with sliders yet, are you guys sharing them?

CLW
09-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Using jaymo's set:

1st game Saints (CPU) 10 @ Falcons (ME) 41

Total Off 145/523
Rushing 54/195
Passing 91/328
Turnovers 1/1
Possession 15:19 / 32:41

Game was over in the 2nd quarter and I milked the clock in the 4th. The only td for the saints came on a fumble by jackson after a big hit and a long return.

HANDSWARD
09-08-2014, 08:36 PM
I really don't see the need for many slider adjustments this year. I play on All Madden with QB Acc turned down to 30 for both Human and CPU. Only penalty slider I change is Intentional Grounding up to 75. Only reason I do that is to get the QB to throw the ball away more often when under pressure instead of taking sacks (it doesn't actually cause more intentional grounding penalties).

Ran 3 seasons of CFM with these along with 15 min quarters (with clock run to 13 seconds) and perfect sim-style stats for all my games. The CPU sim'd games obviously have stat issues (especially INTs) but not much you can do about that. But all m team's stats were damn near perfect to what they should be in real life.

I played as the Steelers. My 3 seasons went like this:
- Season 1: 11-5 (Team stayed healthy and I won the division), lost in Wild Card round of playoffs (The Chiefs D dominated me)
- Season 2: 8-8 (Lost Roethlisberger for 7 games of season and went 2-5 without him), missed playoffs
- Season 3: 9-7 (Lost several key defensive players early but got healthy late in the year), last wild card spot and took it all the way to the AFC Championship game (Colts destroyed me in that game)

I haven't gone back to CFM since release day. I do know that I have gotten a lot better at the game so I would assume that my results would be better if I play another season.

gigemaggs99
09-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Not sure if I'm ready for the ALL-MADDEN settings and sliders. I did try these All-Pro sliders from OS, played 2 games with my son in "play now" and the games were great!

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/757618-armor-swords-all-pro-slow-simulation-style-sliders.html

Rudy
10-10-2014, 07:20 PM
I've found that blocking sliders simply don't do much. 0 vs 100 is not nearly different enough. Don't waste time with 5 point clicks, use at least 20 point adjustments. WR catch doesn't do much either but I find it's pretty good at default. But all-pro simply has too many sacks on CPU QBs. I was leading the league. CPU qbs are better than before on all-pro but don't do a good enough job getting rid of the ball.

If people don't like the sacks you have to jump to all-madden. I'm enjoying it right now. I struggle to pass so I make adjustments but i'm enjoying it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Au5PwEgF0L9L6CTE6djQoCe-4I3UDm4qZDIy_EIRc4/edit?usp=docslist_api

gigemaggs99
10-11-2014, 11:21 AM
I wish sliders were easier to understand. I mainly play against my son. When I play against the CPU I've been using Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/757618-armor-swords-all-pro-slow-simulation-style-sliders.html

One thing I've noticed when playing against another person (i.e. my Son) is we'll put his on Rookie or Pro level and mine on All-Pro and it doesn't seem to matter, if his is on Rookie mine will also default to Rookie even though I set it on All-Pro. So I doubt that loading the sliders makes a difference when playing human v human especially if you change the difficulty setting for each individual.

It seems like slider sets are very very personal. They depend on your play call style. It seems from reading over there (OS) some people really like one set of sliders then others will complain about it, but it depends on how they play the game. Seems like there are WAY TOO many variables.

jaymo76
10-11-2014, 12:00 PM
I've found that blocking sliders simply don't do much. 0 vs 100 is not nearly different enough. Don't waste time with 5 point clicks, use at least 20 point adjustments. WR catch doesn't do much either but I find it's pretty good at default. But all-pro simply has too many sacks on CPU QBs. I was leading the league. CPU qbs are better than before on all-pro but don't do a good enough job getting rid of the ball.

If people don't like the sacks you have to jump to all-madden. I'm enjoying it right now. I struggle to pass so I make adjustments but i'm enjoying it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Au5PwEgF0L9L6CTE6djQoCe-4I3UDm4qZDIy_EIRc4/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sadly, two realities of this game cannot be impacted by sliders: cpu lack of rushing and cpu QB's taking too many sacks. Overall I enjoy the game so much but on all pro the cpu will not even sniff 100 yards rushing and my D will average 6-10 sacks per game due to the cpu not throwing the ball away. This takes so much enjoyment away from the experience.

Rudy
10-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Make the move to all madden Jaymo!

gigemaggs99
10-12-2014, 09:12 PM

Have you found a good set of sliders?

Another thing that's strange, sliders seem to work differently when I play vs the CPU and then they are totally different when I play vs my son, not online but in the same room.

I want good sliders or skill level that allows for fun rushing/control. I can't remember how I had it set up, but we played 1 game where I was able to follow blockers, as soon as I'd pass to the WR he'd turn up field, there wasn't all this useless animation where it felt like I didn't have control.

I thought I had it set up the same but the next game I didn't have the control, I'd INT the ball and my DB would take off on his own, WR's would stop before turning up field and the HB has a mind of his own.

Rudy, if you have a good set or good suggestion for a lot of "user control" on ALL-Madden could you please suggest them? I'd like to have better "feel" or better "control" over my players. I don't mind losing, I just don't like not feeling like I have 0 control over them.

gigemaggs99
10-12-2014, 09:13 PM

Are these the sliders you're currently using? Do they seem to give you good control over your user controlled player?

I see 2 sets there, which one would you suggest and why?

Thank you sir,
Gus

EDIT: sorry for the brain fart, I need to learn how to read better. I see now that there are 2 sets, one ALL-Pro, the other is ALL-Madden. :drool:

jaymo76
10-13-2014, 12:36 AM

I just hate how "cheap" it feels playing on ALL MADDEN. However maybe it is better this year? Watching Christian Ponder go 27 for 29 for 300 yards and 2TD's is enough to put me over the edge.

Rudy
10-13-2014, 04:25 AM
Are these the sliders you're currently using? Do they seem to give you good control over your user controlled player?

I see 2 sets there, which one would you suggest and why?

Thank you sir,
Gus

EDIT: sorry for the brain fart, I need to learn how to read better. I see now that there are 2 sets, one ALL-Pro, the other is ALL-Madden. :drool:

No problem lol. The all madden ones are what I am using and I'm just going to delete the all-pro ones. I keep track of what I use online and I've given up on all pro. I suck at passing so my all madden sliders are very user pass friendly.

I just hate how "cheap" it feels playing on ALL MADDEN. However maybe it is better this year? Watching Christian Ponder go 27 for 29 for 300 yards and 2TD's is enough to put me over the edge.

It does not feel cheap this year. There is some rob qb but you can tone it down. I'm not losing because of that. Trust me. Ponder is not doing that. You need to try at least one franchise game on all madden.

Rudy
10-13-2014, 06:14 AM
I still may tweak the passing game but I think I just have to accept it. You see more picks than deflections in the game and you SHOULD see about 5 times as many deflections in real life. So I can drop the INT slider and possibly raise the coverage slider to get more deflections but then it just looks a bit stupid seeing a bunch of dropped picks. I'm scared of dropping CPU qb accuracy too much. Right now I'm getting close games.

gigemaggs99
10-13-2014, 09:15 AM
I still may tweak the passing game but I think I just have to accept it. You see more picks than deflections in the game and you SHOULD see about 5 times as many deflections in real life. So I can drop the INT slider and possibly raise the coverage slider to get more deflections but then it just looks a bit stupid seeing a bunch of dropped picks. I'm scared of dropping CPU qb accuracy too much. Right now I'm getting close games.

My kids are out of school today so we're going to give your ALL-Madden sliders a shot. I mainly play user v user games vs my son, haven't started a CFM yet.

I have noticed while playing against my son the deep ball is pretty much a no go, if you throw deep it's a 95% INT. Other times he'll throw into coverage deep and the WR will come up with it, I'm always amazed. He gets mad, but I tell them over and over, this is why I only throw short and attempt to get YAC. I will throw deep IF the WR is open but not any other time as it's almost always picked off.

Rudy
10-13-2014, 09:31 AM
The deep passing game is a bit too hard imo. Qbs tend to underthrow it or dbs super jump deflect. Plus dbs seem to be able to play off and still react close enough to play tough outside. Drags are the easiest to complete for me. Same with corner routes to my TE against man. I struggle to get any passes completed down field against zone.

I do think play now games are a bit tougher than franchise. CPU running a bit easier to stop in cfm. Panthers ran on me pretty good two games ago. Got a wild card spot at 10-6.

gigemaggs99
10-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Played against my son with your ALL-Madden sliders.

I was the Cowboys at home against his KC Chiefs. First impressions, the actual control over user players is MUCH MUCH better. I was able to throw crossing routes and the WR would turn up-field as soon as he made the catch, no more standing around taking all day to turn momentum up the field.

Running is hard, but again the control seems to be there, All-Madden seems overall faster than All-Pro so it will take some time getting used to it.

12 min quarters are fun, maybe for me vs the CPU, I think it's too long for my 6 year old, he started getting bored once I was beating him. He still tries to throw deep and ended up throwing a few picks which he'd get upset about. Once he started throwing shorter routes he did much better. He also abandons the run way too soon, but the main thing is he's having fun.

It's also hard to convince him to play field position, as one time he went for a fake punt and converted, now he thinks it will work every time and gets upset when it doesn't. I try and tell him, if he's going to go for it on 4th down he'd be better of keeping his starting QB in and trying to convert with his offensive starters. He likes the idea of tricking me with a fake punt though.

It was nice that I had some overthrows and missed passes with Romo, he wasn't automatic and I had to make sure I was leading the WR and putting the right about of touch on the pass. I like how the passing is on these sliders, again I don't throw deep much. I think I did 1 time on this game and it was picked.

Good sliders, will keep trying them. Thanks for posting them. :up:

jaymo76
10-13-2014, 02:02 PM
When I get a chance Rudy I will try out those sliders. I will probably have to increase cpu D coverage though as I am afraid I will pick the secondary apart. As to the biggest issue though... does the cpu QB throw the ball away OR do they take 6-12 sacks per game???

Rudy
10-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Glad they worked for you Gus.

Jaymo, I've seen Brady and Luck throw the ball away but it's not often. However, they do get better protection and are a bit smarter so they take less sacks. Way better than all-pro. And I suck at passing so adjust CPU coverage as necessary. ☺

gigemaggs99
10-13-2014, 04:39 PM
When I get a chance Rudy I will try out those sliders. I will probably have to increase cpu D coverage though as I am afraid I will pick the secondary apart. As to the biggest issue though... does the cpu QB throw the ball away OR do they take 6-12 sacks per game???

I haven't played the CPU yet, played my son today, 3 games, I don't know about picking the secondary apart. On All-Madden the DBs jump the routes pretty well. We both threw a good number of INTs.

I like the sliders!

Rudy
10-13-2014, 05:37 PM
I agree on the secondary getting better jumps on all-madden. I struggle at times still. I have to be smarter.

Rudy
10-14-2014, 10:32 AM
I personally find zone coverage more effective than man when I use it. Most NFL teams will be running man to man on third and long but my safeties never make any plays and the corner routes kill me. Anyone have a ball hawking safety that makes any plays for you? Do you guys use more zone than man?

On all-madden I haven't been seeing the CPU drop many passes. Going to tweak that.

jaymo76
10-14-2014, 09:32 PM
I personally find zone coverage more effective than man when I use it. Most NFL teams will be running man to man on third and long but my safeties never make any plays and the corner routes kill me. Anyone have a ball hawking safety that makes any plays for you? Do you guys use more zone than man?

On all-madden I haven't been seeing the CPU drop many passes. Going to tweak that.

This year I find zone is a lot more effctive than previous years. I much prefer man D but it is risky as the corners just don't have the ability to stay with the WR's. 3rd and long I tend to run a zone dime D package.

jaymo76
11-08-2014, 12:28 PM
I made some big changes to my slider set after the last patch (though have not yet posted them) and I am having excellent games on ALL PRO. I have lost two straight franchise games. The only thing still an issue is the sacks but I suspect that will always be an issue.

jaymo76
11-08-2014, 12:30 PM
A huge key to this game is not dropping qb accuracy too low or else the cpu will take a million sacks and never release the ball. Yes the completion % is going to be too high but ultimately which devil do you want?

Rudy
11-08-2014, 02:52 PM
A huge key to this game is not dropping qb accuracy too low or else the cpu will take a million sacks and never release the ball. Yes the completion % is going to be too high but ultimately which devil do you want?

I agree. It's annoying but something that is necessary.