PDA

View Full Version : Madden 15 Retail Impressions (PS4/XBox One)

jaymo76
08-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Post them here...

P.S. I love how the game starts... awesome scenario!

jaymo76
08-25-2014, 11:34 PM
So just some running commentary based on 30 minutes with the game (in practise mode)...

1. I concur that the NEW play calling screen is as clunky as hell.
2. the camera options are truly excellent and so easy to access
3. the player/stadium visuals are fantastic!
4. the game feels different for sure (in the sense of gameplay)
5. playing around with the defensive tackling will take some time to get used to

Looking forward to playing this more later.

JBHuskers
08-25-2014, 11:44 PM
Happy Madden Day!

GatorfanStovy
08-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Another hour wait for me. Some one is picking up my copy from best buy.

Happy Madden Day as well!!

I plaid the 6 day trail thing. Everything so far looked great in each game mode. Graphically it looked awesome. presentation is well improved but not great yet. It's getting there. I just hope hopefully in the next madden or so that Superstar gets more work on the next madden.

jaymo76
08-26-2014, 12:57 AM
It's really important to do the kicking and defense skills trainer. There are a lot of great tips in there. Kicking is very easy once you get it and yes, the D actually is a lot of fun.

jaymo76
08-26-2014, 01:29 AM
I take back my punting comment. In game it is actually very challenging as the arc disappears quickly. I have shanked a few. As well, the wind does impact your kicks in a major way.

jaymo76
08-26-2014, 01:52 AM
So I played my first full game versus the cpu on ALL PRO. I played as Washington @ Minnesota in snow/wind. I would recommend for your first game you NOT play in the snow as it is a lot more challenging to see the field. Anyways, I got roughed up pretty good and lost 13-0.

I turned FATIGUE and INJURIES to 65 respectively and turned the gameplay to SLOW. TO me slow feels right but it is faster than last years slow. I am also using the standard camera but I did a lot of player lock. Dline player lock is somewhat boring but it is a lot of fun to player lock as a LB. Lining up your hit on a player can be a real challenge and I missed a number of them.

Game stats:

Passing:
Cassel 10/13 106 yards 1 td
Griffin III 10/16 84 yards 1 int.

** cpu accuracy and perfect passes are the norm. I only saw one poor pass that was thrown behind a reciever. Every other pass was pretty much perfect. Plus, the cpu never went deep. Every pass was within 15 yards of the L.O.S.

Running:
Peterson 15/96 6.4ypc
Morris 5/11 2.2ypc
Asiata 4/4 1ypc
Helu Jr. 1/5 5ypc

If you have a strong RB and a good line you will get a lot of yards. However, running to the outside is a bad idea. Expect to lose a lot of yards if you do that. Also, n the case of Minny, backup RB's are not very good.

Receiving:

TE Jordan Reed 5 rec 52 yards
TE Kyle Rudolph 4 rec 39 yards

Since most passes are short, it seems as though the cpu hits the tight end more than anyone else. One thing that bother me is that MY receivers NEVER fought for the ball versus the DB's. Not once! There were less ridiculous DB interceptions but the WR still does not do anything to go for the ball.

jaymo76
08-26-2014, 02:14 AM
Well, it appears that the challenge system is still broken. In my 2nd game Morris fumbles and the replay clearly shows he loses the ball before he hits the ground yet the play is reversed. I do however like the new visual which shows the ref checking out the replay.

I would love to see 2k's system which allowed you to choose what would be challenged (and it worked!).

jaymo76
08-26-2014, 02:46 AM
My experiment for game two featured Washington @ Seattle (in their classic 1980's unis... please bring them back!!!)

This game scares me upon reflection. I (Seattle) won 6-0. The game had great defense as advertised but my concerns stem from the stats. For the most part Seattles stats are good.

Wilson 13/21 116 yards
Lynch 18/84 4.6 ypc

However, the Washington numbers are scary.

RGIII 4/6 14 yards
Morris 5/12 2.4 ypc

Washington had -3 yards of total offense compared to 165 for Seattle.
Washington had 2 first downs compared to Seattle's 15.
Washington had 7:04 possession compared to Seattle's 16:53.

For All Pro settings I am very surprised to see that weak an offensive performance.

Looking at the game the sliders will need some love. My focus next will be:

1. auto subs
2. cpu passing
3. OL blocking

P.S. Don't expect to many penalties... in two games I have seen one penalty and it was my fault (a late hit) as I hit the button by mistake.

Rudy
08-26-2014, 06:43 AM
Jaymo, from what I've read all-pro will be best for most. Just need to tweak sliders to help CPU since robo QB is supposedly bad on all Madden which has always been an issue. I still see the CPU underthrowing deep balls when they do (from videos).

The funny thing is the CPU QB's looked dumb in the TGT videos I have seen so you confirming this on all pro makes sense. Haven't read many similar complaints on OS though.

cdj
08-26-2014, 07:59 AM
I turned FATIGUE and INJURIES to 65 respectively and turned the gameplay to SLOW. TO me slow feels right but it is faster than last years slow.

I feel like the Game Speed (even on SLOW) increases on higher difficulties. Personally, I'd like a separate speed option for the kick meter. I don't mind how the game plays on higher difficulty, but hate how fast the kick meter goes.

Anyone on PS4 noticing that sometimes that what you are trying to select 'skips' past it? I'm seeing it on menus (not front end) mainly.

skipwondah33
08-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Anyone on PS4 noticing that sometimes that what you are trying to select 'skips' past it? I'm seeing it on menus (not front end) mainly.That happened when I played the PS3 version

I figured it was my controller though.

cdj
08-26-2014, 08:40 AM
That happened when I played the PS3 version

I figured it was my controller though.

I haven't tried my other PS4 controller, so I am hoping that is it. However, I don't have this issue with other games.....

skipwondah33
08-26-2014, 08:45 AM
I haven't tried my other PS4 controller, so I am hoping that is it. However, I don't have this issue with other games.....I also haven't had the issue with any other games. Played NCAA lastnight and I wasn't skipping over any selections in that game with same controller.

gschwendt
08-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Anyone on PS4 noticing that sometimes that what you are trying to select 'skips' past it? I'm seeing it on menus (not front end) mainly.
Yep... it definitely happens to me. It's most noticeable when you have to type something in-game (ex. naming a coach).

jaymo76
08-26-2014, 12:25 PM
A few more observtions ( I played until 4AM last night and my wife was PO'd this morning :).

1. The commentary is very stale and only minimally improved over last year. many of Simms annoying lines still play. Nantz says "it was a game we'll always remember," after most games. In many circumstances the commentary will be incorrect (referring to wrong team, wrong type of play, wrong result, etc.). The QB intros are cool but they will get very repetitive in CFM.

2. Stealing game tempo from NCAA was an excellent move by Madden. It works great and is easy to turn on and off. However, I am unaware if the cpu teams use it. It seems like they do not IMO.

3. Wind definitely impacts kicks this year. I really don't know if it impacts passing. It didn't seem like it but more testing is required. Kicking can also be pretty challenging at times.

4. I am considering turning off the previous play info/images. The screen is cluttered yes but there is just so much info coming at you. I am also using suggestions for play calls because I find if you use formations or concepts it is so slow to move between screens. I like how you are told of key information about a play/defense/offense but the way it's presented is very awkward.

5. Day games, clear, windy, snowy and night games all look beautiful. Rain games not so much. Plus uni degradation is extreme in the rain. Playing as Cleveland @ TB, in the 4th Hoyer's uni was so dirty that I could not even see his number six on his back. Outside games are really nice but domes are very dull in comparison.

P.S. Awkward... my first Madden 15 TD pass... was thrown by Manziel...:fp: damn!

skipwondah33
08-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Right off top, love the game. Plays completely different than PS3 Madden 25 and 15.

I didn't get 25 for PS4 last year so can only compare to PS3 one.

Love the game and I'm not one of those people who likes a game then 4-5 weeks later hates it. As long as it's better and had things improve that I was looking for (Gameplay), then I'm excited.

Playcall screen is very annoying as I figured it would be. Way too much clutter. I like looking at my plays horizontally as well, not vertically. I don't need to know if the play worked and how much yards it got, or the concept of the play or the % it was used. All of that is useless to me. I've been playing this game for a good part of my life, I know the concepts.

A turn off or traditional option would be nice. It takes entirely too much time to select "PAT Attempt" or FG or Punt than it should. That I always end up hitting coach suggestions.

However I can get use to it, just may be difficult switching back and forth from NCAA to this.

jaymo76
08-26-2014, 03:26 PM
I lowered hum cpu acc to 35 and RGIII passed at 61%. However, I lowered the cpu all the way down to 20 and Cassel went 7/8 for 94 yards. I just don't know if cpu acc can be addressed through sliders. I also lowered the wr catch to 45 but I may go the other way as regardless of the pass, WR DO NOT COME BACK TO THE BALL, NOR FIGHT FOR IT UNLESS USER CONTROLLED! If that could be addressed this game would be over the top IMO.

Auto subs seem to work pretty well in play now. Let's hope that transfers over to CFM.

jaymo76
08-26-2014, 03:29 PM
A few other things:

1. Madden moments are a blast!
2. Skills trainer takes well over an hour to complete but it's well worth it.
3. The gauntlet... meh... doesn't do it for me but if you like mini games it will be fun.

jaymo76
08-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Playing around with sliders and I haven't really found them to be very effective. I have also decided to move penalty sliders back to 50 (default). I swear the game plays different once you move them. Versus Adrian Peterson he tore me up on default but when I changed penalty sliders he averged 3 yards er carry. I guess gameplay and penalty sliders are still together?

GatorfanStovy
08-27-2014, 01:16 AM
If you guys come up with some sliders soon that 'd be great. I'm waiting for some to come out so I can get started on CFM and maybe a Superstar mode .

Rudy
08-27-2014, 04:04 AM
Playing around with sliders and I haven't really found them to be very effective. I have also decided to move penalty sliders back to 50 (default). I swear the game plays different once you move them. Versus Adrian Peterson he tore me up on default but when I changed penalty sliders he averged 3 yards er carry. I guess gameplay and penalty sliders are still together?

People have always said penalty sliders affect gameplay but I've never seen a huge impact myself. Of course sliders aren't always impacted either.

gigemaggs99
08-27-2014, 07:45 AM
So I was reading reviews/breakdowns of the teams on Madden 15, they are pretty harsh when it comes to the Jaguars, kinda funny this is what is says, "The Jacksonville Jaguars are unquestionably the worst team in Madden NFL 15. Although they have improved a little from last year, unless you are a die hard Jaguars fan, you would be wise to stay away from them in this year’s game."

Most teams on their review received a rating of 7-9 on a scale of 1-10, the Jags received a 2.6!

http://www.madden-school.com/madden-nfl-15-jacksonville-jaguars-team-breakdown/

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2014, 10:30 AM
There's a new glitch in Madden. :D :D :D :D :D

https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA

CLW
08-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Played quite a bit last night and basically its a much better looking and slightly improved effort from M25. I think the defense is better (but not that good) and the playcalling is really odd.

One other quirk. I was playing the CPU in MUT last night and it went to OT. I wont he toss took the ball down and with 1 second left on 1st down I called TO and kicked a game winning field goal (or so I thought). Nope the game went into "double ot" CPU takes the ball down drives on me clock runs out. Nope "triple OT" CPU then scores the game winning TD. :smh:

WolverineJay
08-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Played quite a bit last night and basically its a much better looking and slightly improved effort from M25. I think the defense is better (but not that good) and the playcalling is really odd.

One other quirk. I was playing the CPU in MUT last night and it went to OT. I wont he toss took the ball down and with 1 second left on 1st down I called TO and kicked a game winning field goal (or so I thought). Nope the game went into "double ot" CPU takes the ball down drives on me clock runs out. Nope "triple OT" CPU then scores the game winning TD. :smh:

Sounds correct to me. Each team is allowed a possession(regardless of time) if the team receiving the ball in OT drives down the field on its first drive and kicks a field goal or if they turn the ball over. You should've scored a TD on that opening drive then the game would be over per NFL overtime rules.

steelerfan
08-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Sounds correct to me. Each team is allowed a possession(regardless of time) if the team receiving the ball in OT drives down the field on its first drive and kicks a field goal or if they turn the ball over. You should've scored a TD on that opening drive then the game would be over per NFL overtime rules.
:+1:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

skipwondah33
08-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Had quite a few games lastnight against users on All-Pro and All-Madden

Very impressed with this game.

The gameplay improvements (again from Madden 25 PS3 I can only compare) is substantially better. Everything from catch transitions/animations, tackling interactions, QB accuracy/inaccuracy is so much better. Defense is definitely better, especially against the run by far. It's actually difficult to run the ball I find, which last year I could get 100 a pop with ease. And I have never been a runner when playing Madden.

Movement is more realistic and it actually feels difficult to move when you have been so use to being able to change direction and fly all over the field like in the past. Still getting use to movement on offense as well and steering in the direction you want to run.

Even on All-Pro, Defense is better than it was on All-Madden in Madden 25, granted I still would prefer All-Madden. G picked off a short sit down route of 5 yards, albeit I was very late on the throw but I never had that happen on Madden 25...also too he ran it back for a pick six. Not only would have the CB have stayed there and not made a play on the ball in Madden 25...but he also would have gotten caught or only ran it back for 10 yards before being tackled.

Tackling can be a chore to do at times which I've never had a problem in previous Madden's simply because of the bad suction hit sticks and tackles you could do. I'm just so use to being able to do that so it will take a few more games to acclimate. That and I have to stop trying to hit stick everytime.

I don't play CPU so that doesn't matter to me, nor does CFM really. Only user vs user interactions in my leagues. Those areas are probably the same, which I suppose why people gravitate towards MUT.

Purely on a gameplay basis though I love the improvements I'm seeing.

jaymo76
08-27-2014, 02:48 PM
I have to admit I am having some issues with tackling. It isn't as easy as I thought it would be. It can be very frustrating at times. FYI Redskins Kerrigan is beastly good at getting off the line, blowing by blocks and recording sacks.

gigemaggs99
08-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Played my first MUT game, lost 9-7, seemed like a good game the other person ran no-huddle the entire game and went for it on 4th down every time...which I guess is just how it is.

I for one, don't mind the play call screens. I guess it's what you're used to and since I haven't played Madden in a while I'm not used to something different. I'll admit it's not like NCAA but I like how you can access the same plays from multiple different ways, it's like they combined a bunch of ways of thinking into one, similar to Windows + MAC + other ways to get you to the same point. I like it.

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2014, 03:44 PM
It really drives me nuts that I can only call one offensive hot route before everyone gets sets on the LOS and the fact that there's like a 1 second delay in between each hot route adjustment. As someone who plays online and likes to make a ton of adjustments, it really limits what I can do.

Rudy
08-27-2014, 04:09 PM
There's a new glitch in Madden. :D :D :D :D :D

https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA

That is hilarious!

gigemaggs99
08-27-2014, 05:38 PM
It really drives me nuts that I can only call one offensive hot route before everyone gets sets on the LOS and the fact that there's like a 1 second delay in between each hot route adjustment. As someone who plays online and likes to make a ton of adjustments, it really limits what I can do.

I kinda like it, maybe they'll patch it who knows, but I was listening to a video last night on youtube, it breaks down a defensive play some strategy/tips site...the point is he said the same thing, he said in Madden 15 you can no longer make multiple adjustments on defense, he said there is a delay inbetween each adjustment and there is no way to get more than 1 or 2 in before the offense snaps the ball.

Honestly, I kinda like that, run the play as it's called/drawn up and if you need to adjust 1 or 2 players that's cool, but the days of these people making strategy guides where they make 8 adjustments to a play and completely take advantage of the A.I. is over, I think that's a good thing.

I'm sure there will still be nano blitzes and it is a video game so someone will figure out how to take advantage of the A.I. but if they can limit it some what by only allowing 1 or 2 adjustments, to me that's a step in the right direction.

steelerfan
08-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I kinda like it, maybe they'll patch it who knows, but I was listening to a video last night on youtube, it breaks down a defensive play some strategy/tips site...the point is he said the same thing, he said in Madden 15 you can no longer make multiple adjustments on defense, he said there is a delay inbetween each adjustment and there is no way to get more than 1 or 2 in before the offense snaps the ball.

Honestly, I kinda like that, run the play as it's called/drawn up and if you need to adjust 1 or 2 players that's cool, but the days of these people making strategy guides where they make 8 adjustments to a play and completely take advantage of the A.I. is over, I think that's a good thing.

I'm sure there will still be nano blitzes and it is a video game so someone will figure out how to take advantage of the A.I. but if they can limit it some what by only allowing 1 or 2 adjustments, to me that's a step in the right direction.

I haven't played M15 but this does, at least, sound positive to me and I thought the same when I heard about it a couple months back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2014, 07:22 PM

There is no delay on the defensive side of the ball from what I've seen. Maybe there is and it's just less noticeable than it is on offense, but I had no problem making as many adjustments as I wanted on defense.

The problem is on offense. The play clock defaults ticks down to 20 when you pick a play online, and by the time you set your line protection, perhaps hot route a RB/TE to block, you've got time for 1, MAYBE 2 adjustments to receivers' routes. You have even less if you need to incorporate motion or read something in the defense that requires you to change your play and then make additional adjustments.

It's just stupid. It doesn't prevent AI abuse, it encourages it.

gigemaggs99
08-27-2014, 08:19 PM
There is no delay on the defensive side of the ball from what I've seen. Maybe there is and it's just less noticeable than it is on offense, but I had no problem making as many adjustments as I wanted on defense.

The problem is on offense. The play clock defaults ticks down to 20 when you pick a play online, and by the time you set your line protection, perhaps hot route a RB/TE to block, you've got time for 1, MAYBE 2 adjustments to receivers' routes. You have even less if you need to incorporate motion or read something in the defense that requires you to change your play and then make additional adjustments.

Well that makes more sense, sorry I've only played offline vs my son. I pick my play on offense and it seems like I get to the LOS with somewhere around 19 sec left on the play-clock. I'm able to hot route a guy or slide adjust and put a guy in motion before I get a delay of game. I can see however, if online it doesn't allow you enough time...then again I'm not much of an online player. Maybe they will patch it.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 08:55 AM
I like it as well SF and Gig. Didn't care for the way you could call 8 hot routes and changes before you even got to the LOS.

Even with the delay I'm still able to get my 1-2, sometimes 3 adjustments in time without an issue. And this will be even quicker once I get the play call screen down and the playbook I'm using.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2014, 11:02 AM
I like it as well SF and Gig. Didn't care for the way you could call 8 hot routes and changes before you even got to the LOS.

Even with the delay I'm still able to get my 1-2, sometimes 3 adjustments in time without an issue. And this will be even quicker once I get the play call screen down and the playbook I'm using.

3 in a lot of cases, especially against random opponents, is not nearly enough. Virtually every play online you're going to have to slide protect and then hot route a RB/TE to block, especially this year since blitzing is much more effective. That leaves you with literally 1 hot route for your receivers and absolutely no time whatsoever for any motion.

It's fine in offline games. For online play, it's just stupid. The only thing is does is give the people who abuse the AI yet another crutch to help them out.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 11:22 AM
3 in a lot of cases, especially against random opponents, is not nearly enough. Virtually every play online you're going to have to slide protect and then hot route a RB/TE to block, especially this year since blitzing is much more effective. That leaves you with literally 1 hot route for your receivers and absolutely no time whatsoever for any motion.

It's fine in offline games. For online play, it's just stupid. The only thing is does is give the people who abuse the AI yet another crutch to help them out.I only play in sim online leagues so I don't have to worry about the last portion. I also don't play offline whatsoever.

With the "max protect" option doesn't it already set your RB and TE to block? Almost certain I noticed that lastnight.

I typically make 3-4 hot routes quite a bit. I've played 2 random ranked games as I typically do every new release.

Some of my numbers so far in those two games is

Hot route %: 50

# of Hot routes: 41-44 I believe (have to check to be certain but I know it's in the 40's)

Can get definite numbers later but I don't have a problem with it as is. I just need to learn my playbook and get use to play call system which I cannot stand really.

On another note I don't play as many ranked randoms as you do so I'm sure it is a different story.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Max protect does block the TE and RB, but I rarely ever want them both to block. That option works fine for when I'm in a spread set without a TE and just want the RB to block, but I'm rarely ever in that situation.

It just sucks for me. I play randoms online 99% of the time and being able to hot route/audible is what allows me to have a better chance of beating them. There were numerous times in the past where I would pick a play, come out of the huddle, drop 3 or 4 hot routes before my guys even get to the line, and then realize the defense is giving me a look I don't like. I could then audible to something entirely different, set up another several hot routes, and then run the play to beat them. That situation, unfortunately, is no longer impossible.

If you audible, you've got time for maybe 1 hot route afterwards. Maybe. I also like to incorporate motion, which just takes even more time out of the equation for potential hot routes. For online ranked games and Ultimate Team Head to Head games, there is absolutely no way this system should exist.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Ah ok, you use motion so that would help hinder the time you have. That makes sense now. I never use motion and if I do, I pretty much an idea that I'm going to motion as soon as I see the play I am picking

Edit: Ranked games have accelerated clock default don't they? And it's 5-6 minute quarters. That's the issue if so.

Mostly when it's a run play to give the illusion that I am going to pass or making the Defense think I am running to the side.

What I have been doing is using max protect then simply adjust routes afterward. If I want the TE to actually go on a route I'll put it back to what it was or change it. Same for the RB.

How realistic should it be for us to be able to make 4 changes to our offense before the players get to the LOS? Believe they wanted to incorporate a bit of actual realism and the visual concept that the QB has to bark out the change to the intended player vocally. That IMO is how it should be.

I know the game isn't completely realistic in every detail but Peyton Manning can't tell 4 players in the span of 1 second to do 4 different things...then they get it, understand it and know what they are doing. Only for that to be changed 2 seconds later to 4 completely different sets of instructions.

Maybe with hand signals and whatnot but not in a video game.

Not labeling you as one of these people, but I honestly don't think the common or most Madden players would want to see an actual complete interpretation of how football is played in a video game.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Edit: Ranked games have accelerated clock default don't they? And it's 5-6 minute quarters. That's the issue if so.

I haven't played a ranked game yet, but I've played Head to Head in Ultimate Team (same thing basically), which is where I saw the problem. 3 minute quarters with accelerated clock down to 20 seconds on the play clock when you break the huddle. You literally have enough time for 3 hot routes and nothing else.

jaymo76
08-28-2014, 12:58 PM
It's official... I love the game but HATE that damn play call screen. I usually choose formation but the menu is so slow and clunky and takes forever to back out of plays that I am mostly just using the suggested plays. The play call screen is great in theory but it is too slow in reality. If I could move faster between formations it would be great. Also, based on how slow it is, it makes it difficult to put in formation subs before running out of time.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 01:24 PM
I haven't played a ranked game yet, but I've played Head to Head in Ultimate Team (same thing basically), which is where I saw the problem. 3 minute quarters with accelerated clock down to 20 seconds on the play clock when you break the huddle. You literally have enough time for 3 hot routes and nothing else.Oh wow 3 minute quarters?

Seriously if I ever did play MUT mode I couldn't do that. It wouldn't be worth to play honestly.

I'm almost sure ranked games have accelerated clock and 6 minute quarters. Maybe 5. I do know my first game my opponent had the ball the entire 1st quarter and the drive didn't seem that long at all.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 01:25 PM
It's official... I love the game but HATE that damn play call screen. I usually choose formation but the menu is so slow and clunky and takes forever to back out of plays that I am mostly just using the suggested plays. The play call screen is great in theory but it is too slow in reality. If I could move faster between formations it would be great. Also, based on how slow it is, it makes it difficult to put in formation subs before running out of time.I do as well Jaymo

Honestly it's hard not to if you focus soley on Gameplay from Madden 25 to this. Hell even Madden 12 and 13

Marlowe
08-28-2014, 01:39 PM
I like that you can change camera views on the fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gigemaggs99
08-28-2014, 02:13 PM
How realistic should it be for us to be able to make 4 changes to our offense before the players get to the LOS? Believe they wanted to incorporate a bit of actual realism and the visual concept that the QB has to bark out the change to the intended player vocally. That IMO is how it should be.

I know the game isn't completely realistic in every detail but Peyton Manning can't tell 4 players in the span of 1 second to do 4 different things...then they get it, understand it and know what they are doing. Only for that to be changed 2 seconds later to 4 completely different sets of instructions.

Maybe with hand signals and whatnot but not in a video game.

Not labeling you as one of these people, but I honestly don't think the common or most Madden players would want to see an actual complete interpretation of how football is played in a video game.

AMEN BROTHER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbIxIS2KWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLtGwHqX8M

Escobar
08-28-2014, 02:52 PM

I've played Madden 15 100% against online randoms and the time to hot route hasn't bothered me at all. The guys who just blitz or call one or two defensive plays all game end up getting beat in the 4th quarter. It seems that Madden finally implemented the players recognizing repeat plays. I just adjust my initial play call to their defense and have a big play. I rarely have to use hot routes or audibles. I'm 6-1 using the Bills exclusively, because they fit my system and I beat a couple players who tried to do what you said with the constant/nano blitzes. In the 4th quarter I recognized what they were doing and ended up winning on the last few drives.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2014, 03:49 PM
It seems that Madden finally implemented the players recognizing repeat plays.

Definitely not. I've found 2 or 3 plays already that are wide open no matter how many times you run them. That's not the point, though.

This is day 2 of Madden. People haven't figured stuff out yet. Once people start cooking up these exotic blitzes that abuse the living hell out of the AI, it's only fair for the offense to have time to make adjustments.

I'm not even talking about nano blitzes or whatever. I've only played 3 head to head games, and they were both ultimate team games. None of them ran any exotic defenses where I needed to make a ton of changes. I'm just saying - that time is coming eventually and with this system now, they're only going to be encouraged to do it more because the offense isn't going to have enough time to make the necessary adjustments. You'd almost have to run a no huddle offense at that point so they don't have time to set it up.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 03:53 PM
You'd almost have to run a no huddle offense at that point so they don't have time to set it up.Haha new huddle system that was implemented definitely encouraged that

My very first game guy ran no-huddle all game, it was annoying. 2nd game I played guy mixed it in and didn't abuse it.

People used it even prior to getting it this version.

Escobar
08-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Once people start cooking up these exotic blitzes that abuse the living hell out of the AI, it's only fair for the offense to have time to make adjustments.

You'd almost have to run a no huddle offense at that point so they don't have time to set it up.

They won't have time to make those adjustments since skip said the defense can't make more than 2 or 3 adjustments either. All you have to do is snap the ball and run the play as it is called, then the won't have time to set up a crazy defense.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2014, 08:54 PM
They won't have time to make those adjustments since skip said the defense can't make more than 2 or 3 adjustments either. All you have to do is snap the ball and run the play as it is called, then the won't have time to set up a crazy defense.

There is no delay/limit on defensive adjustments, only on offense.

Rudy
08-29-2014, 08:03 AM
IOU - your number 1 complaint for online football has been unstoppable offenses. So EA adds realistic limitations to hot routes that limits offense and you are complaining. Unlimited hot routes has always been arcade like. Maybe this will lead to better balance online even if it means you have to play more realistically and/or different.

souljahbill
08-29-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't play online but I would think that it would make more sense to make adjustments after reading the defense than to call any play to then immediately alter into different routes. Makes calling the right play meaningless.

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2014, 10:46 AM
IOU - your number 1 complaint for online football has been unstoppable offenses. So EA adds realistic limitations to hot routes that limits offense and you are complaining. Unlimited hot routes has always been arcade like. Maybe this will lead to better balance online even if it means you have to play more realistically and/or different.

Adding limitations to an offense's ability to hot route while the defense can spit out as many as they can doesn't really seem like a realistic limitation to me.

Also, the ability to hot route has never been the issues for the unstoppable offenses. The fault for that lies directly with the horrific defensive AI.

I don't play online but I would think that it would make more sense to make adjustments after reading the defense than to call any play to then immediately alter into different routes. Makes calling the right play meaningless.

I can't think of a single passing play where I don't make adjustments. If you consistently run plays the way they are designed without adding slide protection or having something quick like a drag on every play, you don't stand much of a chance against people who know what they're doing online.

souljahbill
08-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Adding limitations to an offense's ability to hot route while the defense can spit out as many as they can doesn't really seem like a realistic limitation to me.

Also, the ability to hot route has never been the issues for the unstoppable offenses. The fault for that lies directly with the horrific defensive AI.

I can't think of a single passing play where I don't make adjustments. If you consistently run plays the way they are designed without adding slide protection or having something quick like a drag on every play, you don't stand much of a chance against people who know what they're doing online.

That's kinda to point though. Maybe they should give you an additional 5 secs or so but the point I was making is that you can basically just call 4-Verts every play if you're going to immediately change it up and it seems silly that someone could alter 4 routes before the offense even lines up and reads the defense.

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2014, 11:01 AM
That's kinda to point though. Maybe they should give you an additional 5 secs or so but the point I was making is that you can basically just call 4-Verts every play if you're going to immediately change it up and it seems silly that someone could alter 4 routes before the offense even lines up and reads the defense.

To combat how people play online along with how poorly designed a lot of the plays are, you kind of have to if you want to play online. A lot of the plays have useless routes, or maybe not useless...but something that would be better served with something else.

Sometimes it just suits the situation. Maybe I come out in something like Deep Attack and see that the defense is sitting in a cover 2. There's no point running that out route with the slot, so you have him run a hitch.

Regardless of the play, though, I slide protect and hot route a RB to block every play. Slide protect gets rid of a lot of the nano blitzes that people like to run online, so it's a necessity.

souljahbill
08-29-2014, 11:20 AM
To combat how people play online along with how poorly designed a lot of the plays are, you kind of have to if you want to play online. A lot of the plays have useless routes, or maybe not useless...but something that would be better served with something else.

Sometimes it just suits the situation. Maybe I come out in something like Deep Attack and see that the defense is sitting in a cover 2. There's no point running that out route with the slot, so you have him run a hitch.

Regardless of the play, though, I slide protect and hot route a RB to block every play. Slide protect gets rid of a lot of the nano blitzes that people like to run online, so it's a necessity.

But if everyone has the exact same limitations, it evens out, right?

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2014, 11:59 AM
But if everyone has the exact same limitations, it evens out, right?

Not necessarily. There are people online who run the same 2 or 3 plays over and over that abuse the AI. Perhaps they only need to call one hot route and then they're all set. Those people aren't going to be affected at all. The people that are going to be affected are:

1. The people who call a ton of hot routes to mess with the AI, for example: hitch and slant on one side, flare or slant with hitch on outside.
2. People like me who make the slide protection call every play and then read the defense to see if further adjustments are needed.

Hell, I like using a lot of motion because it gives the defense something else to think about . Often times motion works well as a decoy as the user controlled defender will often focus solely on the motion which opens up other areas of the field. With how it is now, I might have time for 2 hot routes and then motion. If I need to change something after the motion...too bad. :D

jaymo76
08-29-2014, 01:46 PM
There seems to be no point in running HB screens this year. In Madden 25 they were money. This year it seems as though as soon as a screen begins a D-lineman moves into position and follows your RB. Out of 20+ HB screens only 3-4 have made any yardage as most are stuffed for losses. WR screens are fairly effective, depending on the defensive coverage.

Another minor pet peeve is that when you throw an out pattern, 9 out of 10 times your runningback will STILL run out of bounds...:fp: This was addressed a few years ago but it seems to be an issue again.

skipwondah33
08-29-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm glad the screens have been addressed. From what I've heard on Madden 25 (PS4) that's all people ran because they worked so well

Of course they worked on PS3 version as well

Jaymo I've been seeing great sideline interactions thus far, of course I'm seeing them with agile players but I've had a number of times where my RB and WR caught the ball then turned up field smoothly, TIPTOEING!! the sideline when needed :drool:. I had a nice TD lastnight to Michael Floyd where he caught the ball about 3 yards away from sideline, then transitioned to going up field and staying in bounds. It was nice to see

Had another instance where on a punt Dri Archer caught it going towards the sideline just shy of OB, then he turned up field then tiptoed the line and gained 35 yards.

These are the things that are pretty cool to see

http://youtu.be/zjpeSx0kqI0

That wouldn't have happened at all last version IMO. Especially on a Curl route where the defender was playing off. But he tracked the WR, then tracked the ball. Not only that but he would have been tackled before getting 10 yards.

http://youtu.be/06Q0gmAoc94

This was just cool because I thought he was tackled. Didn't anticipate this happening. That 90+ trucking/break tackle rating helped out.

Game was on All-Madden

jaymo76
08-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Just heard about the huge bug in CFM OWNER MODE. Apparently because owners make so little money, people cannot sign free agents in the off season as they have no money to sign the contracts. Wow! If true this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Rudy
08-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Word is a lot of the next gen sliders are backwards (run block slider) or mixed up (reaction affects man coverage, coverage affects zone potentially). QB accuracy affects run/pass balance as well.

I was hoping run block slider would be reversed on PS3 but I think it's just completely broken. Playing on All-Madden I tried 0 and 100 and it's hard to tell the difference. This crap is so frustrating. You should be able to tell a huge difference between 0 and 100. At least you next gen guys will get a patch. I don't know if I will. Third and shorts are still automatic on PS3.

jaymo76
08-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Rudy, does PS3 have the owner mode bug as well?

skipwondah33
08-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Kicking 50 yards isn't the easiest. That fan is awfully small. I've missed more kicks in my 9 games than I have past 2 versions of Madden combined.

I have the kick arc off but that isn't the reason.

jaymo76
08-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Kicking 50 yards isn't the easiest. That fan is awfully small. I've missed more kicks in my 9 games than I have past 2 versions of Madden combined.

I have the kick arc off but that isn't the reason.

You speak the truth my friend. I didn't realize how hard kicking actually is until I began my CFM. Janikowski is now like 2/5 and his confidence has slipped to 30. I usually t it up right but when going up on the stick I tend to veer too much to the left... it's been ugly! Kicking in skills trainer is easy. Even in the gauntlet I hit the hurricane kick but in CFM... brutal. Like they said in the pressrow podcast, kicking finally works they way it was supposed to during the entire PS3 cycle.

skipwondah33
08-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Yeah the fan is small man lol

I haven't hit in the center yet. Even on kick offs. If there is wind that's even worse.

Love it through don't care how many I miss

Rudy
08-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Rudy, does PS3 have the owner mode bug as well?

I'm not sure. I don't do owner mode so I haven't followed that info closely.

Kicking is still easy on PS3 but the kicks are very short. I've got kick power at 65 now.

I've always maintained that EA would really benefit from a game changer who was used exclusively to test sliders. They need to spend far more time in this area for the offline guys.

jaymo76
08-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Here's my .02c. Take it for what it's worth.

Having played OFFLINE Madden 15 (PS4) exclusively the past week I can say that I am definitely enjoying myself. This Madden is the best PLAYING Madden in A LONG TIME. Though it still lacks the level of presentation from Madden 10 and 2K5 and has less franchise options than that of Madden 05, the gameplay is possibly the best it has ever been! Now to be clear, the “MADDENING” moments still exist and many things that drive you nuts about the franchise still exist and will continue to drive you nuts. However, the development team at Tiburon took a big step forward with this release and their renewed focus on gameplay has revived the playability of the series. Simply put, playing games is fun AND challenging. While the depth is still lacking within the modes, the gameplay itself is very rewarding and enjoyable. Slider tweaks are essential but once you find the sweet spot you will be good to go until next summer!

Pros:
1. GAMEPLAY- running the ball is fun; playing defense is fun; licking the ball is fun (and very challenging. If you want to score a TD you have to work for it. Exploits have been significantly tuned down (eg. HB screen money plays). The only major downside is that receivers still do not fight for the ball. This has to be a fix for Madden 16.
2. Skills trainer- this is a quick opportunity to improve your team without having to spend 30+ minutes in practice scenarios. They way confidence is done is very interesting and adds a lot to the game. Being able to see how players go up and down each week is very addictive.
3. Skills trainer mode- excellent addition. The inclusion of concept plays and learning how to run/defend them is a huge step in the right direction. I learned a number of things I previously was NOT aware of and I have been playing watching football for a long time.
4. Visuals- oh my gosh! The stadiums and the lighting are outstanding. When playing the home opener for the Raiders the lighting actually looked like I was there. The colours, lighting etc. were exactly how I remember them last time I was at the O. Co. Coliseum. For the most part players look great though there are some exceptions (huge heads on small bodies; disproportionate body builds, etc.).
5. Game flow- a great addition from the NCAA team. Choosing to go no huddle or chew clock really helps from a strategy/time management perspective.
6. Intro/Halftime- originally I was concerned these would be weak and limited. However, they are actually really good, especially zooming in over the stadium… beautiful transition! Larry Ridley does a decent job of going over highlights in the game. IF ONLY SCORES FROM AROUND THE LEAGUE WOULD SCROLL ON THE BOTTOM!!!

Cons:
1. Commentary- this is just downright bad. Simms is awful to listen to; Nantz concludes every game in the same way; many times the wrong commentary runs when describing a situation; commentary is bland and lacks specifics; there is zero dynamic commentary; preseason sounds identical to regular season.
2. Play calling screen- I get what the Madden team was trying to do and in theory it’s a great idea but in practice it is slow, clunky and awkward. Plus I find with the new orientation I am continually choosing the wrong play. I would love for the Madden team to patch in the old play call screen so that we have that option.
3. CFM:
a. Sim. Stats- the issue has been addressed for online but offline gamers are still waiting. This is huge as it effects player progression in future seasons.
b. Isolation- always the biggest issue of CFM. You feel isolated, alone and disconnected from the league. That has not changed this year.
c. Stat overlays- great idea but more ARE needed and they need to stay UP LONGER. Remember how excellent stat banners were back in NCAA 06? Bring that back (eg. Passing % in areas of the field, etc.)
d. Commentary/presentation- AWFUL! Dynamic commentary or bust for Madden 16!
e. Owner mode glitch- owners don’t make enough money and therefore cannot afford free agents in the off season. That is a real game breaker and needs to be addressed immediately!

4. Sliders- they are minimally effective at best; penalties do not work at all BUT changing them will impact how the game plays; auto-subs works well, except in CFM. There are still many reports that CFM sliders are different from CFM sliders… I tend to agree with that assumption.

Indifferent:
1. The Gauntlet- really doesn’t do much for me but if you like mini games I suspect you will love the Gauntlet. While running it the first time I was interested in seeing how well I could do. However, since doing it I have had no interest in going back to break my previous record.

Inexcusable:
1. Formation subs do not stick from game-to-game!!! This is fundamental to football yet again formation subs are excluded. How was this overlooked and/or not included in Madden 15? At the very least a patch is needed to keep formation subs set from week-to-week. For next year the NCAA styled formation subs are crucial. There is no excuse for this still not being in the game.
2. Not being able to watch and/or play any game on the schedule. This is a huge pet peeve

Moving forward I expect to see the following additions to CFM:
1. Practise rosters
2. CFM league score tickers
3. Formation subs
4. CFM draft board & player combine
5. Adding coordinators to the CFM experience
6. Adding practice mode back into CFM

Madden 15 is a solid game and I will get a lot of fun out of this title for the entire year. However, CFM still is rather dull and lacks immersion. Moving forward it will need a lot of work. From a gameplay standpoint the game receives a solid 9/10. The CFM experience for me is more of a 7 to 7.5/10.

CLW
08-31-2014, 11:30 AM
today I have experienced a ton of "lag"/"stuttering" both online and offline. It is particularly bad on the play call screen.

skipwondah33
08-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Have to exit game and go back in

All my games have smooth today as well as lastnight

gigemaggs99
08-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Question on the play call screen complaints, are ya'll using "Quick" or "Enhanced"? I'm on enhanced and I'm really enjoying it.

I also enjoy the training challenges, I've learned a lot on how to beat different coverages with different routes. I've been watching football for a long time and I've never had cover 6 explained, at least now I know what it's supposed to mean and accomplish.

EDIT: Another thing I really enjoy about the advanced tutorials which I done 2 times now, is it shows you how to attack different coverages. Playing vs the CPU or on the practice field I have the CPU pick a random defensive play and I work on reading the coverages (top down or starting w/ the safeties) then hot route accordingly.

It seems wild that there are sites that sell strategy guides that basically teach you this, it's in the game already. I figure if I can learn how to to it on my own with my teams' playbook then I'll be ahead of the curve. If you purchase one of those guides they only show you how to attack defenses with their guide, looks like one of them is solely from the Eagles OFF PB. I figure if I learn the concepts then I can apply them to any OFF PB and go from there.

One thing I'd like to know better is how to run better. I am in the process of learning which passing routes to run vs different defensive looks but I'm not sure how to attack the defense with the run game. I know the basics like, if there are 8+ in the box either don't run or try and run outside. I'm assuming there is something like, outside runs are better vs 4-3 and inside runs are better vs 3-4, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if there is a rhyme or reason vs Man coverage vs Zone coverage when running the ball. Are you basically supposed to follow your blockers and that's it or is there more to it? Is there a better run to call vs Nickel cover 2 man vs Nickel Cover 3?

I've been playing my 6 year old a lot, he loves playing football and I enjoy playing Madden with him. He's too young to understand all the strategy stuff so I have no one to talk it out with (yet), besides here.

One thing I did notice that's different is, since I'm the Jags in the league here I've been using them only. Trying to learn the PB and personnel. My son likes the Texans so he's been using them. In the 1st half I cannot run to save my life. Something like 12 carries for 27 yards. In the second half I run the same plays, granted I don't know for sure if my son is calling the same Def, but all of a sudden I can bust huge runs, like 12+ per run and I end up with 120+ yards per game on 20-25 carries. Is that fatigue? Has anyone else noticed they can run better in the 2nd half?

One thing that is nice, my son likes to call the same play over and over (on offense), I've noticed the Def starts to pick up on it and really shuts it down in the 2nd half. I've also noticed if I stick w/ the run, especially in the 2nd half then call the corresponding Play Action I've been able to get wide open BOMBS down for nice walk in TDs.

Back to running, I've been trying to figure out how to control the runner better too, seems like he will have a mind of his own, I'll tell him to run straight up the gut and he will take his time running directly up the field. I stay off the R2 but it seems like he has a mind of his own, can be frustrating. I've noticed this too on some out routes, the WR will catch the ball and I cannot turn him up-field to save my life, it's like he has crazy momentum that takes him OB. Small annoying things, otherwise a fun game.

Anyways, loving the game!

gigemaggs99
09-02-2014, 11:17 AM
One thing I will say is the speed and difficulty of the game makes a huge difference. I tried the MUT weekly game and it automatically puts the game on ALL-Madden and either normal or fast speed. I usually play on Rookie and game speed slow. It's MUCH easier to run on this ALL-Madden and game speed, the HB hits the hole with a purpose. I'm not saying it's "easy" to run but the HB seems to not change directions and look lost like he does on rookie and slow speed.

The DBs catch Ints too, on rookie and slow they drop them all day long.

EDIT: correction the ALL-Pro setting is the one that the weekly MUT game is on. It's still kicking my butt, my team is slowly getting better, still a 68 overall.

If you want a challenge, I played my 6 year old, put his on Rookie (Texans) and put mine (Jags) on ALL-MADDEN holy cow, he beat me 61-32. Arian Foster was like Earl Campbell, it would take 3 or 4 good hits to bring him down. My QBs were having a rough day, on ALL-MADDEN they will over throw the WRs by 40 yards, airmail it to the FS. It was interesting...my son was bouncing off the walls after beating me. :)

gigemaggs99
09-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Question, when on Offense if you look at the play-art it will put a "C" on top of one of the defensive guys. It's not always the same person, sometimes it's the MLB, sometimes it's the SS, etc... what does the "C" mean?

Marlowe
09-04-2014, 08:36 AM
the "c" is the "mike" identification. http://youtu.be/tKW26xUnnzo

JBHuskers
09-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Sounds like the PS4 has a new roster and tuning update.

gigemaggs99
09-05-2014, 12:46 PM
the "c" is the "mike" identification. http://youtu.be/tKW26xUnnzo

Very cool! Thanks for the video link, so on Madden 15 if you drop the FS into/around the box will it affect the mike LB like he says? I'd be interested to see if the "C" changes as the FS drops down, it would be sweet if the video game does that as well.

gigemaggs99
09-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Sounds like the PS4 has a new roster and tuning update.

Confirmed, just fired up the crackstation, PS4 wanted me to update both (roster and tuning update).

jaymo76
09-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Two observations in CFM.

1. I have not seem any variable weather in 15 games and 4 preseason games. Every game has been sunny/partially overcast.
2. Only one game where the cpu mixed up their unis... Rams worse blue pants (and mentioned on the twitter feed)

Rudy
09-05-2014, 07:20 PM
The roster update is OK. Does not have the RG spot correct on Miami, or Cbs right. Some ratings off but the free agents are still awful. It's also a pain to edit them since there's no FA selection on the edit menu. You have to choose all which makes it longer to find the bums.

jaymo76
09-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Cannot really tell what the tuning update actually did. The game didn't seem all that different in the one game I played. Maybe the running by the cpu was stronger but that may just be placebo? I'm not really sure.

Rudy
09-06-2014, 06:07 AM
What type of coach are you using in franchise mode? I forgot about the bug in franchise where a created team builder coach gets next to no scouting points. I only have 90 points in week 1 on my PS3! Ridiculous! I don't want to start all over as I spent almost 2 hours setting up. Can I switch to a different coach? Who are the current and legendary team building coaches in the game?

WolverineJay
09-07-2014, 02:18 AM
What type of coach are you using in franchise mode? I forgot about the bug in franchise where a created team builder coach gets next to no scouting points. I only have 90 points in week 1 on my PS3! Ridiculous! I don't want to start all over as I spent almost 2 hours setting up. Can I switch to a different coach? Who are the current and legendary team building coaches in the game?

Yeah that's about all you get per week to scout with, which makes zero sense. I truly believe Looman just wants everyone to draft blind every year. It would be one thing if he gave you such little points but unlocked ratings at the combine. I mean just unlocking the letter grades for Spd, Acc, Agi, Str, Jmp, and AWR during the combine for all the prospects would allow for semi-educated guesses, but no that would be too realistic.

I only rented it for a day so I never got around to upgrading my coach to see if doubling the scouting points to 180 a week would help, lol. I did notice the coach gained XP slower than M13 so maybe it would've took awhile.

jaymo76
09-07-2014, 02:52 AM
Yeah that's about all you get per week to scout with, which makes zero sense. I truly believe Looman just wants everyone to draft blind every year. It would be one thing if he gave you such little points but unlocked ratings at the combine. I mean just unlocking the letter grades for Spd, Acc, Agi, Str, Jmp, and AWR during the combine for all the prospects would allow for semi-educated guesses, but no that would be too realistic.

I only rented it for a day so I never got around to upgrading my coach to see if doubling the scouting points to 180 a week would help, lol. I did notice the coach gained XP slower than M13 so maybe it would've took awhile.

The one thing they did is tell you the scheme up front so you don't need to unlock that. Also, unlocking attributes is a lot cheaper. However, I agree you are still drafting blind for the most part.

Rudy
09-07-2014, 06:07 AM
I HATE drafting blind. Why can't we be an option to set how many points we get? It's my game. This kind of ruins the draft process for me.

jaymo76
09-09-2014, 12:29 PM
The next roster update will remove Ray Rice. Good for you EA! There is no place in our society for scumbags who physically assault women.

jaymo76
09-09-2014, 12:31 PM
I HATE drafting blind. Why can't we be an option to set how many points we get? It's my game. This kind of ruins the draft process for me.

I found the draft this year to be better and more realistic (check out my first round in my CFM thread). I also did a lot better than in previous years. However this game badly needs a DRAFT BOARD. I still have no idea who will be picked so it is difficult to consider whether I need to trade up or not.

jaymo76
09-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but should salaries still be paid in the playoffs? Also isn't there pooling of monies for teams? During my playoff run I lost a ton of money because of playing on the road and paying salary. I thought the playoffs operated in a different manner?

jaymo76
09-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Last night I fired up the game and... I had to replay the opening sequence again. Also all of my progress with regards to drills/gauntlet was gone. I still have the trophies and my CFM is still intact but I was worried there for a moment. I have heard a few other people report this issue as well.

Rudy
09-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Well guys, Future Shop is doing a real nice sale right now. PS4 TLOU bundle for $399 and I would get $135 for my PS3. Infamous is $30 and Madden 15 is $50 on PS4. No deal on controllers. I've got $70 in gift cards there too. This would largely be all about an upgrade for Madden right now (I'd trade in my PS3 game and others too). Is Madden on PS4 really worth the upgrade? I'm actually enjoying the PS3 version.

In game saves would be huge.

gigemaggs99
09-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Well guys, Future Shop is doing a real nice sale right now. PS4 TLOU bundle for $399 and I would get $135 for my PS3. Infamous is $30 and Madden 15 is $50 on PS4. No deal on controllers. I've got $70 in gift cards there too. This would largely be all about an upgrade for Madden right now (I'd trade in my PS3 game and others too). Is Madden on PS4 really worth the upgrade? I'm actually enjoying the PS3 version.

In game saves would be huge.

I have not played Madden 15 on PS3.

I still have a PS3 b/c of all the great games, I really enjoy playing them still and my kids love the Lego games. PS4 is starting to have more lego games but my kids play the heck outta games like Lego Star Wars, so I kept my PS3.

I haven't played any games that are both systems to give a good review, i.e. the Last of Us Remastered, I bought it used for PS4, it looks amazing, haven't gotten to play it much b/c I can only play that when my kids are in bed. I've seen videos of it compared to PS3 and the PS4 looks better but I'm not sure if it's 1000x better. I never played it on PS3, so the PS4 looks freaking awesome to me, for what it's worth.

Since I bought my PS4, I haven't really messed with my PS3 much. My kids still play it on the lego games but I really enjoy Madden 15, NHL 15, MLB The Show, I will probably not buy too many more PS3 games, maybe some super closeout clearance deals but I'm going to stick with PS4 games for now. The PS4 displays in true 1080 vs the PS3 that is 720 so there is a noticeable difference. More details and sharper images.

Hope this helps some, I was in your boat a few weeks ago and I ended up keeping my PS3 and all my games, it's like college books, you pay $80 for them and then when you take them back they want to give you $0.05 for them. I'd rather play them than take the shaft, plus my kids still use them.

As for used games and saving money, I bought the Gamestop PowerUp card, I think it was $15. It pays for itself. After you get the reward card they will give you a buy 2 get 1 free used game coupon. Most PS4 games cost more than $15 so you will pay the card off in one purchase. I was able to buy The Last Of Us Remastered (used) + Watch Dogs (used) and got Assassins Creed Black Flag (used) for free.

Also each time you buy games they give you reward points and you can use those reward points to print out coupons. I was able to get $20 off a new or used game with 1 coupon, and have used a few others. This Gamestop card really is a good deal.

souljahbill
09-19-2014, 10:24 AM
I'll never trade in my last-gen systems. I have too much downloaded content on it that I would no longer have access to anymore nor will any store give me credit for that content.

Rudy
09-19-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't have a problem trading in the old system since my kids are playing almost solely on their tablets. I know Skip really preferred M15 on PS4. Just want to know everyones thought on M15 after a month with it.

gigemaggs99
09-19-2014, 10:52 AM
I don't have a problem trading in the old system since my kids are playing almost solely on their tablets. I know Skip really preferred M15 on PS4. Just want to know everyones thought on M15 after a month with it.

I like Madden 15 on PS4, I have bought a handful of other PS4 games but Madden 15 is the one that stays in the machine. Since there is no NCAA game this Madden seems to fill the void, I LIKE IT!

It's hard to say, there isn't another alternative for a football game, Madden 15 is the only PS4 football game. You could always go by Best Buy or Target or someplace that has Madden 15 on a PS4 and try it out, then you could compare it, gameplay wise to your PS3 experience.

I found this online, not sure if you've seen it before but this gives some features that aren't in the PS3/Xbox 360 versions.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/22/whats-missing-from-the-old-gen-versions-of-madden-15.aspx

Rudy
09-19-2014, 10:58 AM
I like Madden 15 on PS4, I have bought a handful of other PS4 games but Madden 15 is the one that stays in the machine. Since there is no NCAA game this Madden seems to fill the void, I LIKE IT!

It's hard to say, there isn't another alternative for a football game, Madden 15 is the only PS4 football game. You could always go by Best Buy or Target or someplace that has Madden 15 on a PS4 and try it out, then you could compare it, gameplay wise to your PS3 experience.

Can't. I tried but NO Canadian chain had it in aNY machine. On release day I went to RB, FS, BB and nothing! Pathetic isn't it but Canadians are hockey crazy, not football. I'm sure they have NHL in there. They did say the decision falls on Sony/MS to what goes on the machine.

skipwondah33
09-19-2014, 11:15 AM
I don't have a problem trading in the old system since my kids are playing almost solely on their tablets. I know Skip really preferred M15 on PS4. Just want to know everyones thought on M15 after a month with it.Definitely prefer it on PS4. I wouldn't play it all unless it was on Current-Gen.

PS3 version is an upgrade over Madden 25's PS3 version..but slightly. PS4 is so much better Gameplay wise and of course graphically.

I'd upgrade for sure, especially if kids don't need it.

JBHuskers
09-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Yeah the speed and feel of the game is more true on the PS4 over the PS3.

gigemaggs99
09-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Had something interesting happen. I've been logged in as my PSN gigemaggs99 on Madden 15 and have completed the training skill challenge tutorials all 100% except for the situation ones, I think I was around 60% finished with those.

My 6 year old son, we created a PSN name for him, he isn't connected to the PSN or anything like that but we started Madden 15 as him, instead of gigemaggs99, he went through some of the training/skill challenge tutorials. He did around 10 of them and then we shut off the PS4.

When I logged back in as me (gigemaggs99) it now shows that I have done 0. It also had me replay the opening game Panthers vs Seahawks. It still has my MUT but all the other settings are gone. The strange thing is, if I look at my trophies for Madden 15 it shows that I've completed all the training skills tutorials with a bronze or higher, yet the game shows I've done 0% of them.

Oh well.

Rudy
09-25-2014, 03:26 PM
I will share some more thoughts later about the PS4 version which is much harder than the PS3 one but right now one thing is really bothering me. The player movement is terrible. I wanted more momentum but this is ridiculous. Even players like Shady and Sproles can't cut at all. If I try to cutback a run the RB goes into this stupid animation where he tries to stop or something. Manually juking and r-stick juking blow. The only good move is spin. The heavy boat momentum really hurts out routes too. I hope I can adjust because the poor movement sucks so much fun out of the running game I think I may prefer the PS3 version. This is "true step"? So far I think it sucks. It doesn't replicate the quicker players well at all IMO.
:(

skipwondah33
09-25-2014, 03:33 PM
I will share some more thoughts later about the PS4 version which is much harder than the PS3 one but right now one thing is really bothering me. The player movement is terrible. I wanted more momentum but this is ridiculous. Even players like Shady and Sproles can't cut at all. If I try to cutback a run the RB goes into this stupid animation where he tries to stop or something. Manually juking and r-stick juking blow. The only good move is spin. The heavy boat momentum really hurts out routes too. I hope I can adjust because the poor movement sucks so much fun out of the running game I think I may prefer the PS3 version. This is "true step"? So far I think it sucks. It doesn't replicate the quicker players well at all IMO.
:(I was one that didn't care for the movement initially, and it still takes some getting use to but I personally enjoy it over the PS3 versions..even NCAA as I still play (although whatever sliders JB uses definitely makes a difference on how it feels vs default)

In past versions of Madden it was entirely too easy to move. You could be running to one side of the field full speed, then completely change direction to go cover something else just as fast for example on Defense.

Now I find manually I cannot do the same things that I once was able to do like that. You have to be going in the direction of the play to make one. Or be at a stopped position. Otherwise you aren't magically getting back into the play like the example I just mentioned.

It takes some getting use to but the quick players can make moves. Happens against me a good bit depending on if the guy is any good at it or not.

Rudy
09-25-2014, 07:41 PM
I do need more time with it. I've always wanted more momentum but it feels like they went too far with the quicker players. Hopefully I adjust as well. There are a lot of things I do like which I will hopefully have some more impressions of later. Will get a game tonight and I have tomorrow off. All-pro on PS4 is harder than all-madden on PS3 IMO. Will take some adjusting and some slider tweaks.

Definitely noticed that low CPU QB accuracy leads to way too many run calls. I've got it at 40 and I see more inerrant passes than did with it at 5 on PS3. Any general slider thoughts on PS4?

skipwondah33
09-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Yeah difficulty is better than PS3 I agree as well.

Sliders not sure. I never mess with then since I don't play CPU

Rudy
09-26-2014, 07:56 AM
These are my early impressions and I will re-iterate my thoughts on the player movement below. I played 25+ games on the PS3 and I really liked that game. I thought it was the best Madden ever on PS3. It looked good although it wasn’t always balanced. The game was overly offensive, 3rd and short was automatic to pick up and the defensive secondary play very suspect. I’ve only played about 3 games or so total on the PS4 so these are early impressions of the switch.

First the game looks really good. The graphics are good but at the same time they don’t blow me away. I think the general leap from PS3 to PS4 just isn’t that huge as in the past. I don’t play on the super close cameras and I’m not a graphics whore anyway. Some of the things I do notice are the grass, the much improved crowds in the stands and the lighting. It’s certainly better looking than the PS3 but the graphics aren’t a system seller imo.

The PS4 game is MUCH harder. I find all-pro on PS4 more difficult than All-Madden on PS3. The game is much more balanced out of the box on PS4 and defense is a lot stronger as well. The running game is much harder and the secondary play seems better. Animations are smoother and the line play is a lot nicer. Not only do you get the mini-game with time button presses which is a huge improvement over confusing PS3 line play but you also get the defensive camera options. I’ve only messed with those a little but they are cool. The line play is more organic overall.

I’m fine with the new play screen. If I had the choice I’d go back to the PS3 one since it takes too long to pick my play. I’m rushing more than before but I don’t see it as a really big deal. I think there are too many cut scene displays after plays but overall presentation is good. The halftime show is good and I’ve seen a game track type of highlight package that you used to get on NCAA 14. Never saw that on PS3. The injury cut scenes are a lot better too although Danielle Bellini seems to be missing at times.

The QB accuracies are actually a lot better on PS4. With cpu at 40 I saw EJ Manuel overthrow guys a couple times. At 5 on PS3 he rarely missed. But the PS4 cpu QB accuracy slider does impact the playcalling from my short time (and what I read). I tried it at 10 and the play calls were 90% runs.

Overall the PS4 is an improvement in almost every area except one huge area that I find VERY annoying. The player momentum and control is terrible. I’ve complained about the lack of momentum and overly twitchy player movement on the PS3 but this system is not what I wanted. It feels like you are steering a large boat with every player. I’m fine if that was for a back like Blount or a FB but not for Shady McCoy or Sproles. The one cut RB feels like its dead on the PS4. Trying to make any sort of cutback and your RB enters into a pitter-patter animation where they try to stop dead in their tracks instead of a cut upfield. I loved being able to see a hole and cut back into it on the PS3. I feel like that’s almost impossible now. And making guys miss manually with the L-stick? Gone. With McCoy and Sproles their juke move with the precision modifier isn’t bad but you have to execute it very early and pray. Right now whenever I’m in the open field I just get tackled. So right now I can’t cut back and I can’t make people miss. So running plays are basically follow the play through the hole and get tackled. I feel I have little impact and the running game just isn’t fun. Maybe this game has a steep learning curve but this area is a HUGE negative compared to the PS3 for me right now. It would be nice if the quicker backs got better animations to truly reflect their skill set.

So overall I’m finding Madden PS4 really good in almost every area. Smoother, better looking, more defense, better balance but the player movement in the running game is so poor it just sucks the fun out it for me. It’s really hard to adjust to this after the PS3 version. I hope Skip is right and that I can learn to adjust and enjoy running the ball again.

skipwondah33
09-26-2014, 08:19 AM
I hope Skip is right and that I can learn to adjust and enjoy running the ball again.Well I can tell you that it's definitely not as easy to run as it was last 2 version...which is what we all wanted, I know I definitely did.

Initially I did feel like I was unable to control the RB after the snap for that split second but I'm starting to get more and more of a feel for it.

Also i DEFINITELY agree Line play is more organic. I actually just spoke with a friend of mine and said the exact same thing you just did.

I like the fact that if you send more than blocking that it can result in a sack or atleast a better matchup.

Rudy
09-26-2014, 05:46 PM
There are a lot more post play celebrations by players on PS4. I like that. The field degradation could be better. The grass turns Brown too easy.

I popped in the NHL demo with my brother. Madden looks so much better. NHL 15 does not look next gen IMO.

gigemaggs99
09-26-2014, 05:58 PM
I think like others have said it takes some getting used to, especially if you've played other Madden versions a lot more. I was used to NCAA on PS3 as that was the football game that I played all the time. When I started playing Madden 15 on PS4 I was yelling at the T.V., "WHY ON EARTH DOES HE STOP TO MAKE A CUT!???" I saw this a lot on passes, the WR would catch the ball, say on a crossing route, as soon as he caught the ball (user controlled catch) I'd tell him to go UP the field and he would stop in his tracks, then face up the field, then start moving but by this time he was tackled.

What I've found that works better is to still take control of the WR while the pass is enroute but allow the CPU to control his movement, I don't touch the L-stick until he turns up field on his own, he does it without stopping his momentum and then I touch the L-stick to take over control of his direction. So far it seems like I have better control using this method.

Same with the HB, when I run inside I STAY OFF THE SPRINT, I can't make cuts to holes or change directions if I even think of using the sprint, if I don't and I'm patient I can actually hit holes and allow my blockers to do their jobs then I can get nice runs.

As far as sliders, I'm not good. I was in the OD here but I couldn't do a thing. I've been using these All-Pro sliders from O.S. and I really like them, they seem to make for a really FUN game. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/757618-armor-swords-all-pro-slow-simulation-style-sliders.html

I like the gameplay on the above sliders, it's nice that faster players can outrun slower players and vice-verse.

Rudy
09-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I think I'm thinking the same thing. I am adjusting and accepting it more now.

That slider set uses 0 threshold. I may try that to separate the speedy guys some more.

I've struggled hitting the deep ball. Do you have to lead them deeper as I usually have it fall short and it gets broken up. I think the passes are a touch slower on PS4 compared to PS3. Not sure.

gigemaggs99
09-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I think I'm thinking the same thing. I am adjusting and accepting it more now.

That slider set uses 0 threshold. I may try that to separate the speedy guys some more.

I've struggled hitting the deep ball. Do you have to lead them deeper as I usually have it fall short and it gets broken up. I think the passes are a touch slower on PS4 compared to PS3. Not sure.

I like how there is a noticeable difference in speedy guys vs slower guys using these sliders.

I do not have much luck with the deep ball. I've thrown a lot of INTs trying to throw it deep. The only time I seem to get a good deep ball is on PA and what looks like busted coverage. If I lead the pass deep the WR seems to run under the ball and make the catch, I can press O to take over him but if I press O and then the L-stick it will make him stutter just enough to slow his momentum. I allow the WR to run on his own until near the ball then I press Triangle to user catch it.

Sometimes I can get decent success with the deep ball on streak routes, I use the R-stick prior to snapping the ball to look at the match-up and if my WR has an advantage on speed then I go for the deep pass as usually he'll get past the CB, if the CB has a higher speed rating then it's usually picked.

Rudy
09-28-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm going to redo my Browns franchise very soon. I was 2-5-1 on PS3. Let's see if I'm much better on PS4. Getting used to it. I really appreciate the graphics after seeing the weak looking NHL 15 demo (comments solely directed to looks).

Rudy
09-30-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm glad the PS4 version has more defense. The run defense is better and LBs fly to the ball. But the interior DL still get knocked off the ball EVERY time on short yardage. You never see them get a TFL on an inside run. 3rd and 1 is still automatic. It would be nice if it was more dynamic and it didn't feel cheap to call a normal inside run on 3rd and short. The run game needs more balance on inside vs outside IMO.

skipwondah33
10-01-2014, 07:20 AM
I'm glad the PS4 version has more defense. The run defense is better and LBs fly to the ball. But the interior DL still get knocked off the ball EVERY time on short yardage. You never see them get a TFL on an inside run. 3rd and 1 is still automatic. It would be nice if it was more dynamic and it didn't feel cheap to call a normal inside run on 3rd and short. The run game needs more balance on inside vs outside IMO.You must not be playing on All Madden

I still can't run inside very much when playing a reasonable opponent. Especially the way the Defense swarms to the ball.

I've had DT's and DE's beat their man badly and get me shortly after getting the handoff.

Now the Q1 Trap and Inside Zone plays seem to work overly well, but not all the time.

I use the Steelers too which have 2 solid Guards and a very good Center.

Rudy
10-01-2014, 04:00 PM
I've tried it on all-madden in practice mode and its the same thing, even with 0 run block. The lbs make plays but the dts don't get TFL. They always get driven back a it. Maybe it's different in franchise. I'm not saying I'm averaging 6 yards a carry inside. Just saying the DTs don't make plays or get upfield ever and that results in 3Rd and inches being automatic. I'll see Samson Satele, who is a small center, routinely move Nts back.

I'd love to see a single video of a DT whipping a G/C on an inside run resulting in a TFL. I didn't see it on any level on PS3 and haven't seen it on PS4. LBs will make some plays though.

JBHuskers
10-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Finally getting our CFM off on the ground. Played Escobar the other night, just love how smooth the play is online.

Rudy
10-03-2014, 07:35 AM
I found that sliders on the PS3 in Play now worked very similar to franchise. Not so on PS4. The CPU rushing attack is much weaker in franchise. Going to have to mess with sliders significantly.

And the Titans signed Ray Rice in my franchise lol.

Rudy
10-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I LOVE in game saves. But they are a bit wonky in that it doesn't save weather or uniform choices. One game it was sunny and after I resumed it was raining. The Titans were using Oiler throwbacks and when I resumed they were wearing their normal unis lol. It would also be a small touch if they fixed the football bouncing off the FG nets like trampolines. Some bounce right back on the field.

bdoughty
10-04-2014, 08:57 AM
I stuck the game in for the first time since... When did Destiny come out? Anyway, I have always gone out of my way to criticize the art team at Tiburon. Maybe it was low blood sugar or my eyesight being not what it used to be but the in-game graphics kinda *wowed me. Running the ball on "Zoom" is a beautiful thing. This is something I have never uttered with an EA football game. Only gripe with Zoom on offense is the passing is set too far back, it's zoom for a reason. Forces me to switch camera back to standard every time I pass but at least I have the option. Defensive camera has completely changed the way I play defense, for the better.

*Horrific in-game sidelines not included as part of the wow factor.

JBHuskers
10-06-2014, 09:02 AM
BJ Raji takes flight :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBreJCtmaDg

skipwondah33
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
I've tried it on all-madden in practice mode and its the same thing, even with 0 run block. The lbs make plays but the dts don't get TFL. They always get driven back a it. Maybe it's different in franchise. I'm not saying I'm averaging 6 yards a carry inside. Just saying the DTs don't make plays or get upfield ever and that results in 3Rd and inches being automatic. I'll see Samson Satele, who is a small center, routinely move Nts back.

I'd love to see a single video of a DT whipping a G/C on an inside run resulting in a TFL. I didn't see it on any level on PS3 and haven't seen it on PS4. LBs will make some plays though.I have seen it countless amount of times

You playing the CPU? I'm only speaking on All-Madden user vs user games.

I'll put up video next time it happens

Rudy
10-06-2014, 05:52 PM
I have seen it countless amount of times

You playing the CPU? I'm only speaking on All-Madden user vs user games.

I'll put up video next time it happens

I only play the cpu, never online. I never see the DT break through on All-Pro and I haven't seen it on All Madden in practice mode either (even with user run block at 0). I see LBs break through occassionally and I'll see DEs do it on outside runs but the inside runs are 99% positive yardage. I know practice isn't perfect in replicating Play Now or Franchise. Heck the cpu rushing attack is quite a bit weaker on All Pro in franchise mode. I've got cpu Run Block at 100 and I'm starting to think I will have to go to all-Madden just to fix that part of the game but my passing skills suck. I think I would get destroyed on All Madden in that department.

skipwondah33
10-07-2014, 07:28 AM
I only play the cpu, never online. I never see the DT break through on All-Pro and I haven't seen it on All Madden in practice mode either (even with user run block at 0). I see LBs break through occassionally and I'll see DEs do it on outside runs but the inside runs are 99% positive yardage. I know practice isn't perfect in replicating Play Now or Franchise. Heck the cpu rushing attack is quite a bit weaker on All Pro in franchise mode. I've got cpu Run Block at 100 and I'm starting to think I will have to go to all-Madden just to fix that part of the game but my passing skills suck. I think I would get destroyed on All Madden in that department.I've played more ranked pick up games than I have the past 3 versions combined so far, but that was out of messing around for the most part with teams I've never used. Had it happen last night against the Cardinals on All-Pro. Didn't get to get a video because the guy quit on me.

Against my league friends though those are the games played on All-Madden. I've seen it happen a good bit when the Q1 Trap is used...which in itself is a very effective play, but if you have a solid DT he will blow it up a good bit also.

I don't just much from playing CPU or practice mode which still is the CPU.

My inside run game has been getting destroyed either at the point of attack for a no gain or 1-yd gain. Certain runs though will have a great deal of effectiveness possibly causing what you are seeing

Pistol: Inside Split Zone
Pistol: Strong Power
Pistol: Inside Zone

Any Formation: Inside Zone
Any Formation: Q1 Trap

These are a favorite among lobbyists lol

gigemaggs99
10-07-2014, 08:23 AM
I thought I had it figured out, when I'm done playing madden on PS4 I've been going to the "close application" screen on the options menu. That worked for a while. Then last night I fired it up and again, and this time it started all over with the Carolina vs Seattle intro, then has me select a level to play, my controller setup and then takes me to the skills area where it says I've completed 0% of the training. Then it wants me to select my favorite team, etc... like the first time I'm starting the game.

I have no idea how to keep it from doing this. It doesn't do it all the time but the annoying thing is when it does do this there is no way to press X or any other button to get out of the Carolina vs Seattle intro game.

Anyone have any tips?

JBHuskers
10-07-2014, 08:37 AM
I've played against randoms more than ever, but mainly on MUT. I've seen some cheese, but usually can adjust pretty quick. I'm 5-2 right now.

Rudy
10-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I thought I had it figured out, when I'm done playing madden on PS4 I've been going to the "close application" screen on the options menu. That worked for a while. Then last night I fired it up and again, and this time it started all over with the Carolina vs Seattle intro, then has me select a level to play, my controller setup and then takes me to the skills area where it says I've completed 0% of the training. Then it wants me to select my favorite team, etc... like the first time I'm starting the game.

I have no idea how to keep it from doing this. It doesn't do it all the time but the annoying thing is when it does do this there is no way to press X or any other button to get out of the Carolina vs Seattle intro game.

Anyone have any tips?

That trick of closing application before shutting down is supposed to work. Not sure what else you can do.

Skip, I'm going to move to all-madden for a bit and see what I can do. Not only is the inside running game over-powered imo (and I think this is a bigger issue than CPU sacks) but the CPU running game is a bit too weak on all-pro, even at 100 run block. The blocking sliders work like shit this year. So many sliders barely do anything. EA Madden needs to do a MUCH better job here. The sliders have worked horribly the last couple years.

jaymo76
10-08-2014, 08:24 PM

Anyone have any tips?

I happened to me once about a month ago. At the time on other forums nobody believed the people reporting the issue. Now it seems that almost everyone experiences it once. Truth be told I suspect there is no rhyme or reason for it. Annoying for sure but at least the CFM files are left intact.

gigemaggs99
10-08-2014, 10:34 PM
I happened to me once about a month ago. At the time on other forums nobody believed the people reporting the issue. Now it seems that almost everyone experiences it once. Truth be told I suspect there is no rhyme or reason for it. Annoying for sure but at least the CFM files are left intact.

It's happened to me 3 times. My MUT is still intact and my saved files are still there like sliders and stuff, I just have to manually load them once I go through the intro game again.

Annoying, but like you said atleast the rest of the game works good.

I'm impressed with the new update. It's cool how the different QBs now have different stances. I noticed Big Ben and Tom Brady both line up behind center and have their offset stances. Pretty COOL detail touches.

GatorfanStovy
10-09-2014, 06:12 AM
That intro bugged happened to me last week I almost framed out I lost everything. Did u guys get the new patch yet? Maybe they fixed it.

bdoughty
10-09-2014, 08:11 AM
That intro bugged happened to me last week I almost framed out I lost everything.

Do you use one of those novelty keyboards? I think you have your directional drumsticks and wings mixed up.

http://i.imgur.com/PawlQdq.jpg

skipwondah33
10-09-2014, 08:16 AM
That trick of closing application before shutting down is supposed to work. Not sure what else you can do.

Skip, I'm going to move to all-madden for a bit and see what I can do. Not only is the inside running game over-powered imo (and I think this is a bigger issue than CPU sacks) but the CPU running game is a bit too weak on all-pro, even at 100 run block. The blocking sliders work like shit this year. So many sliders barely do anything. EA Madden needs to do a MUCH better job here. The sliders have worked horribly the last couple years.Played a few games lastnight (2 against friends on All-Madden and a game against quick match ranked game). Out of all 3 games I probably had 3 successful runs up the middle where I gained 5 yards or more. Out of about 50 carries.

Not only is it getting blown up, but I can't run at all up the middle. Granted I don't use any of the lobby go-to plays of Inside Zone Split and Q1 Trap, but definitely Iso's aren't money.

Shotgun and Pistol running as a whole definitely make running easy with the plays I mentioned above but other than those I'm not seeing it.

We should play a game sometime man. It's a different experience than playing CPU

As I said I can't speak too much about playing CPU as I don't do it, nor mess with sliders. In the past though I just know that CFM, CPU and unranked All-Madden games have all played completely different. Know that really doesn't help you since that is all you play though.

Rudy
10-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Skip, I'm going to try a PS+ trial some time and we'll have to setup a game so you can destroy me lol. I'd love to see you play a game against the CPU once and test out my thoughts.

GatorfanStovy
10-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Do you use one of those novelty keyboards? I think you have your directional drumsticks and wings mixed up.

http://i.imgur.com/PawlQdq.jpg

Was typing in my phone my bad. I get in a hurry on my breaks at work and for to fix words. Sometimes my phones fixes my words into weird stuff sometimes.

gigemaggs99
10-10-2014, 02:45 PM
I think I'm narrowing it down. Since I've been playing Madden 15 each time I close the application prior to shutting off my PS4. Everything seems fine. The problem is when I play another EA game i.e. NHL 15 then close that application when I'm done with NHL 15 and go back to Madden 15, then it goes through the original setup stuff. Maybe it has something to do with switching EA games??????

Rudy
10-13-2014, 06:17 AM
I lost in sudden death ot as panthers kicked FG on first possession and game ended! I should have gotten the ball. Instead I got bent over. I still can't figure how to read the wind meter to decide what I want.

jaymo76
10-19-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm not really sure but I don't think confidence for rookies works correctly. I have 3-4 players in the 20-30 confidence range but their play seems to be unaffected by confidence. The only real impact on confidence I have seen is in FG kickers. Now this is a small sample size as I am only halfway through season two but the "feature" doesn't seem to make much of an impact from what I can see.

gigemaggs99
10-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Still getting the restart error/issue. I think I've narrowed it down. If I play against the CPU I NEVER have this issue.

As soon as my son plays and we turn on the 2nd controller that's when things go haywire. I have no idea how to notify the powers that be at EA but this is where I'd start looking. As soon as my son and I play, a play-now game using 2 controllers and 2 profiles that's when the issue starts. I've made sure and keep my profile the "active" profile but that doesn't seem to matter.

So it must have something to do with having multiple users.

It's annoying that I have to go through the opening game scenario each time I start again, that's not really the big deal, what is very annoying is having to setup my user profile again. I can load my user and CPU sliders but penalties, subs, auto-subs, etc.. all that gets put back to default and I have to input them back each time I start Madden.

GatorfanStovy
10-23-2014, 04:30 PM
thanks for the update ^

Rudy
10-23-2014, 07:11 PM
I'd still like to see a video of a DT shooting a gap and making a TFL on a run play. I don't think I've seen a single one in the last 3 years and it makes A gap runs too easy. I know Skip doesn't agree and neither does EA but I'd love to see a single video showing it exists. DTs just stink in the run game. It's a big negative for the game along with CPU qbs taking too many sacks. Still having fun but those 2 issues are a real annoyance.

Rudy
10-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Signing mid-tier free agents is still too cheap. My Browns are 89 overall in my second year. Steelers are 81. That said, Josh Gordon wants $67M over 6 years to sign during the season. I may let him go (he's 95 OVR), especially when I get 88 rated guys like Randall Cobb for under $5M a year. Plus my late 1st round WR is huge and was 79 OVR after drafting him. I am solid everywhere - don't have a single starter less than 80 on my team at any position other than punter.

You should really feel like you are overpaying every single player that's half decent in free agency. In Madden I feel like I'm able to find a ton of bargains.

gigemaggs99
10-29-2014, 07:15 PM
I think the key to the restart of the original video has to do with 2 users. I had my son start logging in as a "guest" instead of his username and it gave us a pop-up that no user data will be saved. Since he's been playing as the "guest" there have been 0 issues.

Maybe someone can pass that info onto EA.

gigemaggs99
11-04-2014, 10:06 PM
One thing I've noticed PS4 vs Xbox1 on the XBOX1 when you throw an INT the triggers actually vibrate. On the PS4 it's the general controller, the Xbox1 controller seems to have more sensitized vibration. Kinda cool!

Rudy
11-05-2014, 03:33 AM
I was checking out the Dolphins roster in year two. They got rid of Tannehill, either Wallace or Hartline and Jarvis Landry, Olivier Vernon, Wheeler and Reshad Jones. None were free agents so they all got cut and weren't replaced either. The 2 qbs on their roster are 66 and 63. It's a terrible roster. I feel the need to leave the Browns and rebuild the Fish. The CPU needs to manage the offsets on much better.

gigemaggs99
11-05-2014, 12:13 PM
I was checking out the Dolphins roster in year two. They got rid of Tannehill, either Wallace or Hartline and Jarvis Landry, Olivier Vernon, Wheeler and Reshad Jones. None were free agents so they all got cut and weren't replaced either. The 2 qbs on their roster are 66 and 63. It's a terrible roster. I feel the need to leave the Browns and rebuild the Fish. The CPU needs to manage the offsets on much better.

My vote is for the FISH, bring 'em back to a powerhouse! :up:

Rudy
11-05-2014, 06:45 PM
I wonder if I take over the team how the scouting points are allocated. Can I take over them before free agency and the draft? How many points would there be is a concern at this point. I'd like to bring myself over with my upgraded scouting.

gigemaggs99
11-05-2014, 06:47 PM
After a couple of hours with Madden on XBOX1 here are some simple observations vs the PS4 version.

The Xbox1 version seems to have more lighting, the players helmets are more reflective which is nice, you can see the reflections of the stadium in their helmets. The jerseys seem shiny, almost plastic looking, I prefer the look of the PS4 jerseys. Playing at Miami's stadium the press box has reflections on the windows, it's not a HUGE difference, I would just say the XBOX1 version a slight node with regards to lighting and reflections.

As far as game-play I haven't seen a different, not any huge differences. I will say on both systems I use the "enhanced play-call screen". On the PS4 when trying to select a formation it will jump and skip formations can get annoying. It will skip down or past and you have to go back up/down to your formation. However, once inside a formation the skipping seems to not happen.

It seems opposite on the Xbox1, the formation selection seems to work flawlessly but the actual play-call inside the formations has the jumping/skipping. Either way both seem to have an issue with it but again, it's a minor annoying thing.

The Xbox1, I'm still learning, only had it since yesterday. It saves in-game clips. I was playing my son and scored a nice rushing TD, it auto-saves them so you can upload them later. Not sure how/where to go to upload them but that's a cool feature.

I know on the PS4 you can live-stream/share games, I think the same thing on XBOX1 is called "snap" not 100% sure though.

This is something my 6 year old noticed too, which probably is a personal preference, the button layout seems to make more sense on the XBOX1. I don't know how to type this but on the XBOX1 if you want to throw it to your WR on the left-side of the screen it's very intuitive that it will be the left button which is "X", on PS4 that would be the "Square" button but not all the time, it seems like on PS4 the receiver icons will change and move around according to formations, on the XBOX1 it seems like they move around and are intuitive with regards to the controller layout. It "feels" like I can just press the button and throw to the according receiver, on the PS4 it seems like I'll throw to the wrong receiver sometimes as the receiver icons will be swapped. I find myself looking at my controller and thinking, oh, I pressed the wrong button.
This doesn't happen all the time but this is one "user friendly" thing we both noticed.

jaymo76
11-05-2014, 08:52 PM

Sadly Rudy, the further you go in dynasty the more you see this. The FA pool is ridiculous and the cpu starters regress quickly due to confidence. The game is so good in some areas and needs so much work in others...

jaymo76
11-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Pet peeve... the QB comparison from this week to last week is clearly broken!!! Every game it reads ZERO across the board for the previous week as compared to today. The worst part is that Nantz comments on the poor play the previous week as your qb had "zero" completions. How this is not tested is beyond me.

Rudy
11-08-2014, 02:55 PM
The comparisons are usually broken. I think if you use in game saves it always breaks. I have seen it work before. How about the fact EVERY kicker averages 22.3 yards on kickoffs in the stat box.

I'm getting annoyed and bored with Madden. I may take a break and start the Last of Us again. I do want to get Live when I find a deal.

jaymo76
11-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Huge CFM pet peeve. How can the Madden development team make REAL players look fantastic yet at the same time make fake players look like cro-magnon man in 1980's era appearance? Seriously, look at all the rookies every season. They are the same... massive shoulders, huge heads, disproportionate bodies, old school equipment. It's crazy! Is this done on purpose due to concerns of college player likeness??? It is a huge killer of realism IMO.

gigemaggs99
11-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Huge CFM pet peeve. How can the Madden development team make REAL players look fantastic yet at the same time make fake players look like cro-magnon man in 1980's era appearance? Seriously, look at all the rookies every season. They are the same... massive shoulders, huge heads, disproportionate bodies, old school equipment. It's crazy! Is this done on purpose due to concerns of college player likeness??? It is a huge killer of realism IMO.

I'm amazed with how many players have the ghost-invisible profile picture. My 6 year old sees those and says, "WOAH another invisible guy!"

Rudy
11-10-2014, 10:08 AM
I wish we could just take our coach and choose a new job if we wanted it. I get offered extensions by my team and have NO choice but to sign them unlike NCAA dynasty. I liked the idea of taking over the Miami Dolphins but would have liked to transfer my coach with the upgraded scouting package. I have over 20,000 XP points too that I won't use because I don't want it to be easier. I just want my extra scouting points but I can't move to Miami. I can't even ask for my release.

Oh well. Going to continue and scout some draft. I just simmed the rest of the season and finished 12-4 and lost in the Superbowl. That's fine. I have a ton of picks with very little cap room. I franchised Josh Gordon at $13M and then signed nobody as I had only $2M to spend. Lots of picks though starting with the 8th overall and 31st. I really like the 6th and 13th rated players. I have two late second rounders. Will wait on one of them at #8 and if the other slides I will do whatever I can to move up. A stud MLB and RB I want. Still need more time to scout players but I had about 3500 which is a lot. I won't have any issues knowing players I want.

gigemaggs99
11-10-2014, 04:41 PM
I wish we could just take our coach and choose a new job if we wanted it. I get offered extensions by my team and have NO choice but to sign them unlike NCAA dynasty. I liked the idea of taking over the Miami Dolphins but would have liked to transfer my coach with the upgraded scouting package. I have over 20,000 XP points too that I won't use because I don't want it to be easier. I just want my extra scouting points but I can't move to Miami. I can't even ask for my release.

Oh well. Going to continue and scout some draft. I just simmed the rest of the season and finished 12-4 and lost in the Superbowl. That's fine. I have a ton of picks with very little cap room. I franchised Josh Gordon at $13M and then signed nobody as I had only $2M to spend. Lots of picks though starting with the 8th overall and 31st. I really like the 6th and 13th rated players. I have two late second rounders. Will wait on one of them at #8 and if the other slides I will do whatever I can to move up. A stud MLB and RB I want. Still need more time to scout players but I had about 3500 which is a lot. I won't have any issues knowing players I want.

This is good to know, thanks for passing along the info. I haven't started a franchise yet. I was worried about a couple of things:

- if I want to start a new league/franchise is there a way to make it have all the players active? I understand real-life players are hurt or out of various reasons but, let's say I wanted to take over the Vikings is it an option to have AD on my team? Same goes for the Rams, would I be stuck w/ the back-up QB? (which is not a bad thing, just wanting to know if I can have access to all the players?

- I don't have a favorite NFL team so I kinda wanted to start with one, then build them up, then after a few years transfer or take over another team...sounds like this isn't an option?

Rudy
11-10-2014, 06:42 PM
There is an option for pre-existing injuries on/off but largely all active players are available. EA just moves the guys off the depth chart and it is easily fixed.

gigemaggs99
11-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Had a first, playing a play now game with my son, user vs user. Redskins (me) vs Patriots (him) we were in the 3rd quarter 27-14, he went to pick an offensive play and all the play-art disappeared then my 3 plays on defense, all the play-art also disappeared. The game then froze, we let it sit for about 2-3 minutes but nothing more came of it. The music and stadium sounds were still playing in the background.

That's the first time it has happened, eventually we went out to the main menu and "closed" the Madden 15 application that was basically all we could do.

EDIT: So today when I turned on the XBOX 1 it said it had automatically saved the game from yesterday and I would be able to resume it, that's VERY VERY COOL!

Rudy
11-27-2014, 08:46 AM
I downloaded Lazor playbookfor Miami and it's really good but a lot of formations are Hidden under Hail Mary. What the heck?

jaymo76
02-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Interesting discussion on the pressrow podcast... has NBA 2K replaced Madden as the #2 sports game (behind FIFA)? While I consider 2k hands down the better game I just don't think I will ever be able to rank a football game below an NBA game.

Rudy
02-22-2015, 03:58 PM
I think 2K sales are much better considering the overall love of football in the country. The sales are close while Madden should dominate.

Rudy
03-18-2015, 07:54 PM
I downloaded some new rosters and I'm just not into Madden right now. I really hope they improve the physics and animations.

One thing I tried was the broadcast camera. I really do think Madden looks better side scrolling. The running view is passable but the passing is awful because you can't see anything downfield. If they added a Tecmo style camera where I could see a least 20 yards downfield it would be great.

Formation subs, sliders that work, CPU qbs that don't play exactly the same despite different ratings, getting the ball on the hands of your teammates, CPU qbs not taking stupid sacks on screen and 4 vertical plays and generally seeing team playstyles be different are big areas of improvement. The CPU intelligence is still operating at a ps2 level. And please don't let guards man handle all the DTs on inside run plays please. That can't be fixed with the garbage sliders.

jaymo76
03-18-2015, 08:08 PM
I downloaded some new rosters and I'm just not into Madden right now. I really hope they improve the physics and animations.

One thing I tried was the broadcast camera. I really do think Madden looks better side scrolling. The running view is passable but the passing is awful because you can't see anything downfield. If they added a Tecmo style camera where I could see a least 20 yards downfield it would be great.

Formation subs, sliders that work, CPU qbs that don't play exactly the same despite different ratings, getting the ball on the hands of your teammates, CPU qbs not taking stupid sacks on screen and 4 vertical plays and generally seeing team playstyles be different are big areas of improvement. The CPU intelligence is still operating at a ps2 level. And please don't let guards man handle all the DTs on inside run plays please. That can't be fixed with the garbage sliders.

So true Rudy. So true. Last night I was just dying to play some NCAA football... but the graphics et. al. I just decided not to. Madden has made some improvement but the game just lacks the "fun factor" and the "interest factor" that games such as NCAA and The Show have.

SmoothPancakes
03-18-2015, 08:57 PM
So true Rudy. So true. Last night I was just dying to play some NCAA football... but the graphics et. al. I just decided not to. Madden has made some improvement but the game just lacks the "fun factor" and the "interest factor" that games such as NCAA and The Show have.
That's actually funny because I'm probably one of the biggest self proclaimed graphics whores here when it comes to games. :D

I surprisingly haven't had any problem with the "old" graphics of NCAA 14. I don't know if I just ignore the dated graphics or I really just don't notice much a difference in them, but I don't have a problem still playing 14. Of course, I'm always busy typing my game summary I to a word document, picking my next play, trying to not screw up on offense or defense, so I'm not particularly paying close attention to the graphics of the stadiums, the crowds or the players as I may when it comes to other games.

#TheScriptIsDead

Rudy
03-19-2015, 05:11 AM
I gripe about the Show being stale but it's still a much better representation of its sport than Madden. I would love to see the coding of sliders and qb logic. They need to weight the QB logic to throw more to the higher rated receivers. Also, if they can't get bad cpu qbs to make worse decisions than good ones you can still use qb awareness to affect timing. Have bad qbs throw too soon or too late. It will help them look dumb. Right now I don't think cpu qb awareness does a thing. Only accuracy changes things and that us so wrong. I would even accept qb awareness boosting/dropping opposing DB coverage skills so you can at least see a results difference.

It would be nice to get a psn NCAA 14 on my ps4. I no longer have my ps3. But I may also be a graphics whore and not want it. Don't know.