PDA

View Full Version : Madden 15 Reviews

CLW
08-22-2014, 04:27 PM
PS4 sitting at an 82 on PS4 and 83 on XB1 on metacritic

jaymo76
08-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Honestly I don't buy into any rating reviews for Madden. Many review are from people who don't play the game. Many more reviews tend to be far too fluffy when it comes to Madden. The only review that matters is mine. I will be buying the game but I know Madden and based on what I have seen this is another year is minimal upgrades to presentation and gameplay. The game continues to improve but surely not at a fast enough pace for my liking. I will have fun with the game and dump 100's of hours into it... and dream of ps2 era stuff with ps4 era visuals...

skipwondah33
08-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Or they don't play the game long enough to have an actual review.

It takes me several months to find things sometimes and I play the game religiously looking for things.

jaymo76
08-22-2014, 04:49 PM
I think this is a nice take from Chris Sanner at OS.

What Madden does great this year is take elements of the game which were boring, like playing defense, and add something to that to create a clearly better overall package. There are still flaws with the game: you won’t see penalties called often and injuries aren’t a frequent occurrence. On the same token DB/WR interactions are not where they should be, simulated stats are broken at this point, and there are no more words to describe how bad the commentary is at this point despite the added lines and more fluid delivery.

There is no doubt in my mind Madden is a very well put together package that, with patches, will be well worth any football gamers hard earned money. Despite that, the condition of the title at launch leaves a bit to be desired. The playcall menu has some serious bugs, and CFM has some major simulation and progression problems you cannot overlook. On top of that, there are still some legacy issues which the game still finds itself fighting. Madden is no slouch and users who have no agenda going in except to have fun will find exactly that. If you are an NFL fan and someone who has enjoyed Madden at all in the past, this is the best edition of Madden yet and also the best playing game of football on the field you will find.

If the CFM and playcall menu problems are fixed, and perhaps the commentary problems -- this game is easily deserving of a higher score. The on-field gameplay is its strongest suit, and users looking for a fun football experience will find just that with Madden.

jaymo76
08-22-2014, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE]

Josh Looman
‏@Josh_Looman We’re aware of the sim stats issues. We’re looking into it. [QUOTE]

Now that they know about it hopefully then can fix it... (how didn't they see it in testing???)

CLW
08-22-2014, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE]

Josh Looman
‏@Josh_Looman We’re aware of the sim stats issues. We’re looking into it. [QUOTE]

Now that they know about it hopefully then can fix it... (how didn't they see it in testing???)

I/people say this every year and I've asked the Community Leaders this repeatedly and they either don't tell us the QA process or they aren't privy to that info. EA's QA process is really sad.

I OU a Beatn
08-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Reading Madden reviews is completely pointless. 99% of the reviewers of the game don't know a football from their ass.

That being said, I only played about 30 minutes last night and it managed to annoy me. What the hell were they thinking with the play call screen? It is worse in every conceivable way.

skipwondah33
08-22-2014, 06:01 PM
I don't care for the play call screen.

It looks sexy as all get out but the format/layout is frustrating

Rudy
08-23-2014, 05:02 AM
[QUOTE=jaymo76;1734957110][QUOTE]

Josh Looman
‏@Josh_Looman We’re aware of the sim stats issues. We’re looking into it.

I/people say this every year and I've asked the Community Leaders this repeatedly and they either don't tell us the QA process or they aren't privy to that info. EA's QA process is really sad.

I think you are letting Looman off the hook blaming QA. QA finds bugs like a playcall screen glitch. Finding out the sim stats is garbage is completely on the developer. This is a key feature that needed testing and finalizing by the main guys! How on earth they can ship a game with such bad stats that then ruin player progression and all kinds of problems tells me you are incompetent. This is arguably the biggest thing that needs to be checked in franchise mode over the years. Also, teambuilder coach has a bug and they only get 100 points a week instead of 2000+ likethey should from what I've read.

CLW
08-23-2014, 06:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ETZ30TeTU

gigemaggs99
08-23-2014, 06:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ETZ30TeTU

Seems like a good review, however he said his complaint is that the player lock camera on defense does not work when you play multiple player games. How on earth would that work? You'd have to have multiple T.V.s hooked up no? Why if I was on offense would I want the camera lock angle of the OLB?

souljahbill
08-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Seems like a good review, however he said his complaint is that the player lock camera on defense does not work when you play multiple player games. How on earth would that work? You'd have to have multiple T.V.s hooked up no? Why if I was on offense would I want the camera lock angle of the OLB?

He also mentioned how good it looks on the PS4 without mentioning the X1.

bdoughty
08-23-2014, 09:09 PM
He also mentioned how good it looks on the PS4 without mentioning the X1.

Greg Miller is to IGN as CLW is to TGT. He is their Sony guy. I doubt there is little difference between the two.

ram29jackson
08-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Reading Madden reviews is completely pointless. 99% of the reviewers of the game don't know a football from their ass.

That being said, I only played about 30 minutes last night and it managed to annoy me. What the hell were they thinking with the play call screen? It is worse in every conceivable way.

theres the boy we know and love

Rudy
08-24-2014, 05:37 AM
There are quite a few on OS that hate the play call screen as well. They said younalways have to back out when picking by formation and it's time consuming.

SCClassof93
08-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Greg Miller is to IGN as CLW is to TGT. He is their Sony guy. I doubt there is little difference between the two.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/starwars-holiday/24.gif

skipwondah33
08-25-2014, 09:53 AM
There are quite a few on OS that hate the play call screen as well. They said younalways have to back out when picking by formation and it's time consuming.Yep I've noticed that watching the streams.

I already know I will not like it. Seems clunky and not as organized as you would think.

I love being able to see all of my "Gun" plays in a list, not have to scroll to see them one at a time.

I OU a Beatn
08-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Honestly, I put in my 6 hours and the play calling screen was the most glaringly obvious oversight. It's something that immediately bugged me the first time I tried to pick a play. It's slow, cumbersome, and just not very well designed

I love being able to see all of my "Gun" plays in a list, not have to scroll to see them one at a time.

Bingo, NCAA 14 had it perfect. Just make it a little faster and smoother and it's the perfect setup.

skipwondah33
08-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Honestly, I put in my 6 hours and the play calling screen was the most glaringly obvious oversight. It's something that immediately bugged me the first time I tried to pick a play. It's slow, cumbersome, and just not very well designed

Bingo, NCAA 14 had it perfect. Just make it a little faster and smoother and it's the perfect setup.The previous Madden would have sufficed for me.

All the fancy stats and other stuff I can do without and really don't care for. For all that the PS3 version doesn't have, it's playcall screen is ALOT better than the PS4 one...and I haven't even played the PS4 version yet.

bdoughty
08-25-2014, 03:18 PM
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/starwars-holiday/24.gif

Why I oughta... ;)

Read the OS review today. Seemed like a fair review, though I have yet to play the game.

jaymo76
08-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Listneing to the os pressrow podcast and I almost fell over. Looman says he's a big believer in giving users customization/options, etc. Hence that's why CFM has so much of it. Not to be mean but is he drunk? This is a huge bone of contention with offline madden people... how little options/customization/freedom to play the game your way Madden has post Madden 12. He states that XP for developing players is huge user customization... wow! ...:smh:

Rudy
08-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Nice list of?likes and dislikes by Pasta.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/08/25/madden-nfl-15-top-likes-and-dislikes