PDA

View Full Version : Madden PS3/360 news

Rudy
08-21-2014, 08:37 AM
It appears the entire lack of info surrounding last gen Madden isb because it's largely a roster update. I was originally told that animations and graphics will be worse but most features should be in both. Wrong. No defensive cam, war in trenches 2.0 really bummed me out.

JP Davis has posted this on OS about the 360 version:
I'll just start with what's not on gen 3, WR and DBs reaching for the ball, true step, jump the snap,war in the trenches 2.0, nfl films presentation, new playcalling system,authentic jumbotrons, camera angle changes pre snap & defensive cameras(to my knowledge) ,pregame & halftime with Larry Ridley.

In gen 3 are...
Improved zone and man coverage, QB inaccuracy, confidence & game prep, random draft classes, short term IR, the gauntlet, tackle cone, new kicking game, new tackle mechanics, new audible system, chew clock.

steelerfan
08-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Did you truly believe that last gen was going to get a lot of love? I can't imagine that you thought that.

skipwondah33
08-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah I didn't expect much. 25 for PS3 was abandoned pretty much after release, except rosters. So I figured this year especially wouldn't be much.

WolverineJay
08-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Knew it! There was no way that M15 on PS3 would be getting all the bells and whistles of current gen despite what the developers were saying around e3. Some of the features in the PS4 version should have been added though. NCAA had the defensive lock camera for years and the half-time show last year so no way it was a hardware issue. EA Tiburon has moved on to next gen (as expected) and M16 on PS3 will probably be just a roster update so it looks like my plans to upgrade to PS4 in the summer of 2015 are making even more sense.

Rudy
08-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Did you truly believe that last gen was going to get a lot of love? I can't imagine that you thought that.

I thought I'd get the defensive camera! Next gen is transitioning faster than I thought.

WolverineJay
08-22-2014, 05:41 PM
For us last gen guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdmtG67tu_I

Doesn't show much defense then again neither did M25. I like the little game track of RG3 and how he was having big game.

skipwondah33
08-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Some PS3 game play

Downloaded early release last night as my Season Ticket is still good

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/skipwondah33/vlcsnap-2014-08-23-05h17m30s12.png

http://youtu.be/L498-rJ2K08

Will get more later

skipwondah33
08-23-2014, 12:16 PM
In process of uploading Steelers vs Jets game

Last gen is pretty much identical to Madden 25 IMO with some differences

- QB accuracy on user side gets shaky. Through quite a few horrible passes with Ben

CPU Geno Smith had no problem throwing to wide open guys though

- Tackles look better

- Deep ball is better than in 25

Not many of the features were put in that next gen got. Except for following (that I noticed while playing)

- Chew clock
- Pass rush mechanic (not completely same as PS4 it appears)

Not in (that I noticed)

- Tackle cone
- Hurry Up
- Kick meter

WolverineJay
08-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Thank you Skip. The videos and info are greatly appreciated by us last gen holdouts.

Rudy
08-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Dolphins too! Woo hoo! Thanks!! I thought tackle cone was in? Crap.

skipwondah33
08-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Did Dolphins for you Rudy

Maybe it is I was All Madden. I'll play All-Pro later.

Should have put a note in there that was All-Madden, my fault lol

skipwondah33
08-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Note: Above my initial thoughts were on All-Madden.

All Pro is different and has most of what was thought not. Will have more later

Rudy
08-23-2014, 04:42 PM
The video was nice. I can only hope Wallace is that productive in real life this year.

The video definitely looked familiar to what I'm used to. Different than next-gen. Was that on normal speed?

Thanks again.

skipwondah33
08-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Yeah it was Normal speed Rudy.

Currently doing one with Slow speed

skipwondah33
08-23-2014, 10:25 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/skipwondah33/vlcsnap-2014-08-23-19h23m27s181.png

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/skipwondah33/vlcsnap-2014-08-23-19h23m58s245.png

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa201/skipwondah33/vlcsnap-2014-08-23-19h24m18s209.png

All-Pro difficulty

http://youtu.be/6iZk_31Md5Q

http://youtu.be/QpNGeNIdjzU

Will post a video tomorrow of the different settings: Tackle cone, Cameras, etc

ram29jackson
08-23-2014, 11:26 PM
damn dude that's a lot of video there

ram29jackson
08-23-2014, 11:59 PM
did they make the MUT set up easier like in ps4 ?

Rudy
08-24-2014, 05:47 AM
Tom Coughlin certainly liked running the ball a ton. I hope play call tendencies are good.

Skip, did you notice if I formation inside runs are tougher? They were too easy last year. Just want to confirm that it's better.

On both PS3 and PS4 I'm still seeing lousy sideline awareness by WRs. Get those feet in bounds!

The CPU RBs may have better vision in this version. Saw some nice cuts by Jennings. Not sure though. In PS4 they seem a little brain dead.

Thanks.

Rudy
08-24-2014, 06:05 AM
Summary of what PS3 is missing. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/22/whats-missing-from-the-old-gen-versions-of-madden-15.aspx

skipwondah33
08-24-2014, 09:37 AM
did they make the MUT set up easier like in ps4 ?I can check, I didn't fool with MUT last year really so not sure.

Rudy,

They definitely seemed tougher even on All-Pro. I haven't been able to run the ball against them much even to the outside. Which was very easy to do last year as well.

I had a play in another game which I missed capturing. But Marshawn Lynch was running to the flats, I threw the ball and he faced up towards the QB to catch instead of catching and running out of bounds. I think could run up field instead of there being that lag turn around like it's been in NCAA, Madden for sometime. That allows the defense to catch up to you.

I'll upload some more here this morning on Slow

skipwondah33
08-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Settings video

Note: Once in game I wasn't able to change camera angle unless I was doing it wrong. Tried to so by pausing game also.

http://youtu.be/fBKFaEvXBx4

All-Pro
Slow speed (which I think is much better when playing CPU)

http://youtu.be/PQ__2AtYII8

http://youtu.be/7QttOgOBdTI

jaymo76
08-24-2014, 01:58 PM
I have traditionally played Madden on slow. I just find things play out more naturally.

skipwondah33
08-24-2014, 02:00 PM
I've never played on slow except that one version where they made online games set to slow...which I couldn't stand.

Rarely play and don't care for playing CPU, but did find it felt better playing alow
When playing the CPU normally it has always felt that the game was moving at warp speed. Feels like that in NCAA as well.

steelerfan
08-24-2014, 02:14 PM
I have traditionally played Madden on slow. I just find things play out more naturally.
I haven't really played Madden since Madden 12; NCAA since 13 but in both cases I always played both on Slow. Normal looked ridiculously fast and arcadey to me.

For the record, I play FIFA on Slow and I always dumb the speed of NHL down too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

skipwondah33
08-24-2014, 10:26 PM
About to play a game on All Madden online against a friend.

Recording so will upload later tonight hopefully.

Rudy
08-25-2014, 05:00 AM
What are your overall thoughts so far Skip?

skipwondah33
08-25-2014, 06:45 AM
What are your overall thoughts so far Skip?Will post when I get in to work Rudy

ram29jackson
08-25-2014, 11:27 AM
I assume you can turn off tackle cone ?

skipwondah33
08-25-2014, 04:16 PM
Madden 15 (PS3) Early Impression...a short one

I'll only give my impression on one area which is Gameplay, as I feel any and everything else is pretty much the same as Madden 25 with maybe the slightest enhancement.

Gameplay

In short personally this version on PS3 feels very much like Madden 25 with a few differences and additions.

- Tackling (looks better, some different interactions when tackling that actually look alot better than last version)

- Physics (I've seen better and much worse, but still some fluky things that occur. Particularly I seen quite a bit lastnight in my user game on All-Madden)

- Defense (It is much better than Madden 25. Zone defense is by far better IMO, no question. Run Defense was hit or miss. At times it was great, others fluky things happened. I should say that at times it was created by the person I was going up against as we acclimated to the game. But Defense as a whole looked much better than 25.)

Defenders reactions to passes is far better this version than in 25.

- QB Accuracy (it is definitely a factor this version. My opponent had Eli Manning and was throwing the ball all over the field missing wide open targets. I too had this happen in the number of games i've played, particularly with Roethlisberger. Against the CPU they still seem to have pin point accuracy when throwing, some better than others depending on level you are playing on.

- Movement (Felt clunky to me when playing another user. When playing the CPU didn't notice it as much especially on Slow speed.)

- Kick Returns (Still felt easy for big returns, actually easier than in 25 when you could just run to the left side)

- Tackle Cone (is in, didn't mess it with it too much in the other games I played on All-Madden which it is set to Off.

In short this PS3 version doesn't feel all that different from 25 aside from a few things mentioned above. In my honest opinion I would much rather get the PS4 version. Things seem to happen more naturally on the PS4 version just from what I've watched. I have not played that version yet but it appears things happen more naturally and fluidly on PS4.

Sorry for the short impression but all in all didn't enjoy much with the PS3 copy.

ram29jackson
08-25-2014, 05:10 PM
bummer duuude

WolverineJay
08-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Well M15 on the PS3 looks like a slightly improved game in a couple areas but overall not much different than M25. I may rent it if I get bored with NCAA 14(just started playing it truly for the 1st time last week).

Rudy
08-26-2014, 07:57 AM
I'm really wavering as to whether I should go through and pick up the PS3 pre-order. By all accounts not a lot of resources have been allocated here so I'm a little bitter that this game is $69.99 in Canada Plus 13% tax. I may wait another day before getting it just so I can read more impressions on all systems.

ram29jackson
08-26-2014, 02:30 PM
LOL I pick a short pass team in ps3 MUT and the QB I get is Johnny Football

Rudy
08-26-2014, 02:47 PM
I did not pickup my pre-order today. Best Buy, Figure Shop and EB Games had no Madden displays for any game. Annoying so I rented the PS3 version for 2 days. I will check it out tonight and post impressions later. Have to be on the road and in meetings all Wednesday.

souljahbill
08-26-2014, 03:03 PM
I'm really wavering as to whether I should go through and pick up the PS3 pre-order. By all accounts not a lot of resources have been allocated here so I'm a little bitter that this game is $69.99 in Canada Plus 13% tax. I may wait another day before getting it just so I can read more impressions on all systems.

Can you order the US version? Are you close enough to the border where you can take a short trip?

Rudy
08-26-2014, 03:38 PM
I am close to the border. It would be an hour drive. But the easiest thing to do is buy it on Amazon.com and have it shipped to my brother where he works at Compuware in Detroit. But I traded a crapload of games in at EB to get this Madden. Price isn't the main thing - whether I like the game or not is. Kids are at my parents tonight while I'm having a date night with the wife. Need to get some gaming in though. :)

Rudy
08-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Having played 1.2 games I am rusty but I enjoyed it. I thought I'd be bummed but so far so good. Want to play against an elite QB and see how he does. Will hopefully have more detailed impressions tomorrow but I'll be away from a CPU most of the day.

Rudy
08-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Quick question - where the heck did my uploaded highlights go? I log into EA Sports and it says I have no media. I don't get it.

Anyways, here are my early thoughts.

Shaking off the disappointment of sticking with a PS3 game that is missing quite a few features of its PS4 counterpart, I rented the old game for two days to determine whether it was worth buying. My initial answer is yes with some concerns. I’m very rusty having not played a football video game in a few months. I also was very disappointed in M25 and quit that early and moved to NCAA 14. My biggest beefs with M25 were that it was too easy, the inside running game too powerful no matter what difficulty or sliders and the WR sideline awareness was atrocious. These are my impressions after only 4 games or so. I’ve done nothing other than Play Now games against the computer.

Graphics & Presentation – I personally think the graphics in this version are the best ever. The colours pop, the players look good and the physics engine seems pretty fine-tuned and smoothed out. The pre-game stadium looks and player tunnels along with stat overlays and commentary lead to good presentation imo. I still enjoy Simms and Nantz so I like the commentary. The replays could use more zoomed out looks but overall aren’t bad. The chain gang comes out occasionally as well. There is some stuttering between plays at times but it’s not too bad and only happens a couple times a game. The crowd could be louder imo. The halftime show isn’t bad but there is no commentary unlike the PS4 version.

I will say I like the Miami Dolphins TD song being in the game but for the second year in a row their “white” pants are off-white. This looks goofy for their all-white combination when the shirts are clearly brighter than the pants.

Passing Game – The inaccurate passes that EA promised must only exist on the PS4 because I don’t come close to seeing them at default. You have to lower the QB accuracy sliders to under 10 to start seeing some of this stuff. Even at 5 on All-Pro cpu Geno Smith was pinpoint accurate. When using Manziel one game with accuracy at 5 he was missing quite a bit so I liked that but I see no improvement in this area.

Sideline awareness does seem better than last year but I still see WRs going out of bounds on catches that most NFL WRs would make. They don’t even try to tip toe sometimes but I did see it. Overall while the cpu QB is overly accurate I was happy to see that on All-Pro they are no longer brain dead and can carve me up. MUCH better than in the past! Peyton Manning had a field day against me. Furthermore, the cpu does seem to get the ball to their better players. Peyton was hitting Welker a lot, Kaepernick was throwing to Vernon Davis and EJ Manuel to Sammy Watkins and Chandler. Maybe this was just a co-incidence but I think this area got improved. I also saw the cpu QB scramble and then throw the ball downfield instead of always just running. Nice. I like the smart routes and defend the sticks options now. The cpu does struggle against a pass rush and throwing the screen. It’s best to make sure the cpu pass block is high to avoid too many pick 6’s and sacks. I don’t know if there is enough separation between good and bad QBs but at least they can be successful on All-Pro.

There is no hurry up tempo available. Only Chew Clock is an option on the PS3. There seems to be more option routes this year as well.

Running Game – The cpu running game is pretty good. They find the holes and with sliders gave me trouble on All-Pro. The stiff arm is tough and Gore made me pay. I used a nice juke for a long TD run myself. The inside running game was WAY too easy last year to the point of being a money play on any difficulty. It’s quite a bit better this year but I still find the guards push the DTs back too consistently. Just lining up in a 2 TE formation of a 3 WR formation and those inside runs rarely lose yardage and consistently get a few yards when you want unless the cpu completely stacks the line.

The read option feels good to me. Not as easy as it was in NCAA 14 but I haven’t done a lot of it either.

Defense – They got rid of the r-stick moves on the DL. Now I have no clue what I’m doing with the buttons. I’m going to have to do the skills trainer because I’m lost lol. I don’t see the RE glitch anymore, ie the LE gets all the sacks while the RE gets nothing. Olivier Vernon got three sacks for me at RE (was not user controlling for most) when playing with the Dolphins.

I like the new tackle cone. The addition of some suction on tackles has helped me as well although I leapt off a block to make one crazy long lunge tackle. Only saw one goofy thing in over 4 games though.

Kicking – I don’t see the backswing meter on the PS3 version but I like seeing the new target indicator sway with the wind. I haven’t tried a lot of kicks but I hope it’s harder.

Penalties – I haven’t messed with these at all. In my first game I saw the cpu get an offensive pass interference. Other than that it’s largely been false starts against the cpu.

Missing Features I would have really liked: in-game saves, defensive camera (I do like the All-22 though), and War in the Trenches 2.0.

Overall – I’ve been having quite a bit of fun. Having given up on M25 early and with low expectations this game has been good. Just fixing certain things has made the overall product a lot better – namely making the game harder both for the user running game and boosting the cpu passing game. I still need more time but I will give it a thumbs up. I do hope that sliders and/or difficulty level changes can fix QB inaccuracies and ensure the inside user running game isn’t too good.

WolverineJay
08-28-2014, 03:35 AM
Quick question - where the heck did my uploaded highlights go? I log into EA Sports and it says I have no media. I don't get it.

Anyways, here are my early thoughts.

Shaking off the disappointment of sticking with a PS3 game that is missing quite a few features of its PS4 counterpart, I rented the old game for two days to determine whether it was worth buying. My initial answer is yes with some concerns. I’m very rusty having not played a football video game in a few months. I also was very disappointed in M25 and quit that early and moved to NCAA 14. My biggest beefs with M25 were that it was too easy, the inside running game too powerful no matter what difficulty or sliders and the WR sideline awareness was atrocious. These are my impressions after only 4 games or so. I’ve done nothing other than Play Now games against the computer.

Graphics & Presentation – I personally think the graphics in this version are the best ever. The colours pop, the players look good and the physics engine seems pretty fine-tuned and smoothed out. The pre-game stadium looks and player tunnels along with stat overlays and commentary lead to good presentation imo. I still enjoy Simms and Nantz so I like the commentary. The replays could use more zoomed out looks but overall aren’t bad. The chain gang comes out occasionally as well. There is some stuttering between plays at times but it’s not too bad and only happens a couple times a game. The crowd could be louder imo. The halftime show isn’t bad but there is no commentary unlike the PS4 version.

I will say I like the Miami Dolphins TD song being in the game but for the second year in a row their “white” pants are off-white. This looks goofy for their all-white combination when the shirts are clearly brighter than the pants.

Passing Game – The inaccurate passes that EA promised must only exist on the PS4 because I don’t come close to seeing them at default. You have to lower the QB accuracy sliders to under 10 to start seeing some of this stuff. Even at 5 on All-Pro cpu Geno Smith was pinpoint accurate. When using Manziel one game with accuracy at 5 he was missing quite a bit so I liked that but I see no improvement in this area.

Sideline awareness does seem better than last year but I still see WRs going out of bounds on catches that most NFL WRs would make. They don’t even try to tip toe sometimes but I did see it. Overall while the cpu QB is overly accurate I was happy to see that on All-Pro they are no longer brain dead and can carve me up. MUCH better than in the past! Peyton Manning had a field day against me. Furthermore, the cpu does seem to get the ball to their better players. Peyton was hitting Welker a lot, Kaepernick was throwing to Vernon Davis and EJ Manuel to Sammy Watkins and Chandler. Maybe this was just a co-incidence but I think this area got improved. I also saw the cpu QB scramble and then throw the ball downfield instead of always just running. Nice. I like the smart routes and defend the sticks options now. The cpu does struggle against a pass rush and throwing the screen. It’s best to make sure the cpu pass block is high to avoid too many pick 6’s and sacks. I don’t know if there is enough separation between good and bad QBs but at least they can be successful on All-Pro.

There is no hurry up tempo available. Only Chew Clock is an option on the PS3. There seems to be more option routes this year as well.

Running Game – The cpu running game is pretty good. They find the holes and with sliders gave me trouble on All-Pro. The stiff arm is tough and Gore made me pay. I used a nice juke for a long TD run myself. The inside running game was WAY too easy last year to the point of being a money play on any difficulty. It’s quite a bit better this year but I still find the guards push the DTs back too consistently. Just lining up in a 2 TE formation of a 3 WR formation and those inside runs rarely lose yardage and consistently get a few yards when you want unless the cpu completely stacks the line.

The read option feels good to me. Not as easy as it was in NCAA 14 but I haven’t done a lot of it either.

Defense – They got rid of the r-stick moves on the DL. Now I have no clue what I’m doing with the buttons. I’m going to have to do the skills trainer because I’m lost lol. I don’t see the RE glitch anymore, ie the LE gets all the sacks while the RE gets nothing. Olivier Vernon got three sacks for me at RE (was not user controlling for most) when playing with the Dolphins.

I like the new tackle cone. The addition of some suction on tackles has helped me as well although I leapt off a block to make one crazy long lunge tackle. Only saw one goofy thing in over 4 games though.

Kicking – I don’t see the backswing meter on the PS3 version but I like seeing the new target indicator sway with the wind. I haven’t tried a lot of kicks but I hope it’s harder.

Penalties – I haven’t messed with these at all. In my first game I saw the cpu get an offensive pass interference. Other than that it’s largely been false starts against the cpu.

Missing Features I would have really liked: in-game saves, defensive camera (I do like the All-22 though), and War in the Trenches 2.0.

Overall – I’ve been having quite a bit of fun. Having given up on M25 early and with low expectations this game has been good. Just fixing certain things has made the overall product a lot better – namely making the game harder both for the user running game and boosting the cpu passing game. I still need more time but I will give it a thumbs up. I do hope that sliders and/or difficulty level changes can fix QB inaccuracies and ensure the inside user running game isn’t too good.

After playing 4 games all within CFM on All-Madden sliders, my initial impression is I don't really care for the game this year. The lag on the playcall screen after a change of possession is getting annoying. The game has froze on me 3x already(twice late in games and 1x while loading a Pre-season game), which pisses me off because they are hard resets.

The kicking game is unchanged except for making the kicking power weaker :fp:. I was really looking forward to the idea that accuracy mattered nope not on PS3. I had to up FG power and Punt power to 60 just to get semi-realistic length. I still was short on a full powered 56 yarder for Zuerlein of the Rams (97 Kick Power).

Penalties are worse only get maybe 1 facemask at 56 or 1 holding call after jacking that to 99. Oh the offensive pass interference call is pathetic it only gets called when your teammate runs into you on a route, lol (avoid bunch formations or mesh routes).

Run game is very hard on All-Madden, I still got a couple 100 yard rushers but it took 25+ carries. The 2 other games my leading rusher got only around 60 yards. I also was held in check with both Johnny Football and Cam Newton when I tried to overuse the Read Option (which was nice to see after playing NCAA 14 and M25).

Presentation is pathetic compared to NCAA 14. There is hardly any stat banners at all and the replays are way too fast again, plus the same stale commentary from M25.

The pass game feels easier since QB's have all day too throw on All-Madden. I will say if you lower the Pass Accuracy down to 10 for both User and CPU you will see a good amount of inaccurate passes(some catchable, some in the stands lol). The curl route is still exploitable as are corners and slants. The computer calls a ton of crossing routes, slants, deep corners, deep ins, and seam routes. The human man coverage and pass rush on All-Madden are worse this year, but zone coverage is better(except in the flats).

Having the coaches name in the upper right along with your profile name in same spot looks terrible.

I think the players move quicker this year, the infinity engine feels closer to M13 than M25 along with some wacky post play stuff. Overall I will say All-Madden is no joke this year. You get stuffed pretty regularly on runs and the computer plays much tighter in zone defense.

I am passing on this game and when I make the jump to PS4 the game is going to feel way different I hope.

WolverineJay
08-28-2014, 12:59 PM
I did forget to mention I simmed to the off-season 2x to scout draft prospects and then simmed both drafts to look at draft logic and off-season team building AI(programming).

I came away with the sense that you get no where near enough scouting points again. it's 2014 and Drafting blind in Madden is still the norm. The best you can do is unlock 3 to 5 attribute grades per player in your positions of need. I got some intangibles info on around 40 prospects the first draft and then the 2nd draft I concentrated on checking out the physical grades and only had around 25 on my draft board. Very disappointing that even if you unlock 2x the scouting points you can't get enough info for more than a 1/4 of the prospects.

I seen the same type of players in both drafts, you would think they would have had some kind of logic to have a QB heavy draft, or WR weak draft, or a draft with plenty of quality RB's but it doesn't appear so after a limited sample. I saw no real power backs and tons of small RB's. A good amount of Wr's have A for Spd, Acc, and Agi on top of having B Catch. When in doubt draft a route runner from spread because I saw 2 on the Browns that were mid 90's in Spd, Acc, Agi, and 80's Catch.

The CPU had no problem drafting good Qb's, Wr's, TE's in both drafts. The other positions seem to have a couple good players and a bunch of 55 to 65 rated guys. The Awareness is dumbed way down for rookies much more like M13 where you can pick up tons of Athletic guys with 30's and 40's AWR that keeps their OVR low.

Not many quality defenders in either draft especially pass rushers and safeties. I have no idea if Looman and his team added variety to draft classes, but it doesn't appear so after 2 simulated drafts(yeah very small sample) it seems random generated may simply mean rinse and repeat draft classes. Both of the drafts had 15 Qb's, 4 Fb's, 16 Te's, 3 K's, and 3 P's while other positions varied by 1 or 2(ex. 34 Wr's and 35 Wr's in the 2 drafts I did).

The AI made tons of boneheaded moves in the off-season like only keeping 1 QB on the roster in places like Indy, Seattle, Cleveland, and Carolina. I saw Arizona had 6 Qb's all mediocre 65 to 75 rated(no rookies). Some stupid 1st rd picks as well where the Bears, Ravens, Browns, Cowboys, and Dolphins all drafted a 1st rd QB. One last thing is about position changes QB can change to other positions but only WR's can be switched back to QB. I only noticed physical attributes changing when moving someone other than a FB to TE then it nerfed a players Spd, Acc, Agi, and AWR(-10 in each rating it appears).

ram29jackson
08-28-2014, 03:37 PM
they took out team play

Rudy
08-29-2014, 07:57 AM
I returned 3 kickoffs for TDs in my last game on all-pro. I hope that was just a fluke.

You can't adjust special teams sliders in game for some reason. I had tried punt accuracy at 0 and the CPU shanked punts like you wouldn't believe. It was funny. There aren't many dropped passes at default.

I do not see nearly enough separation between good and bad QBs but I am happy that the CPU QBs and offense are effective on all pro. QBs are FAR too accurate at default. Both sliders should be less than 10 IMO.

The EA logo that flashes beforesome replays is extremely loud sometimes. Glitch? Game still freezes once in awhile between plays but no hard freezes for me and not during gameplay.

Rudy
08-29-2014, 08:32 AM
Here is a video of the simple X tackle making a large leap (unrealistc) to grab Spiller. This is the only bad one I've seen in over 6 games though.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/195232336

Great one handed catch by Brandon Gibson. Also a great video showing the off-white pants for Miami's all-white uniforms (two straight years of this ugly mistake).

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/195201619

Rudy
08-29-2014, 04:25 PM
It seems like in the last 2 minutes I can't challenge (which is the rule) but there is no automatic challenge either. Mike Wallace got about 3 feet in bounds in a very obvious catch and they ruled him out. I couldn't challenge and none came automatically. I was annoyed as I could have tied the game.

I think the QB keep on the read option is still too easy. I don't run the option much but it feels over powered. Kick returns on All-Pro are definitely too easy. I've returned 5 for TDs now in about 10 games. I'm boosting the slider to get them deeper in the endzone.

ram29jackson
08-29-2014, 08:29 PM
MUT-

free 81 Richard Shermans for everyone !

Rudy
08-30-2014, 09:57 AM
I just rushed for 301 yards on 27 carries with Jamaal Charles against Philly on All-Madden with user run block at 0. There isn't a big difference between All-Madden and All-Pro and the guards still get a strong push against the DTs no matter what settings you use. It makes the 3rd and short plays automatic really. It's frustrating that the sliders are so weak in some areas and that the game isn't fine-tuned better. While I'm having fun I worry that this crap will kill the game sooner than later for me.

The cpu misses open field tackles quite easily. In some ways it's easier to run on All-Madden since the pursuit is strong and that opens up cutback lanes. I think I can fine-tune the QB accuracies (they need to be under 5 for both user and cpu imo; 1-4 are the sweet spots on AP or All-Madden) and the rest of the game is good. On All-Madden the kick meter is fast and they return and cover kicks better. The cpu offense is good on both AP and All-Madden but the interior rush defense is simply too weak. I doubt they fix it since the over-powering guard play existed in M25 and ruined the inside running game. They never fixed it then and I highly doubt they fix it now since they are focused primarily on next gen.

ram29jackson
08-30-2014, 12:49 PM
kicking may be easy but I like how it looks and works now

WolverineJay
08-30-2014, 01:34 PM
I just rushed for 301 yards on 27 carries with Jamaal Charles against Philly on All-Madden with user run block at 0. There isn't a big difference between All-Madden and All-Pro and the guards still get a strong push against the DTs no matter what settings you use. It makes the 3rd and short plays automatic really. It's frustrating that the sliders are so weak in some areas and that the game isn't fine-tuned better. While I'm having fun I worry that this crap will kill the game sooner than later for me.

The cpu misses open field tackles quite easily. In some ways it's easier to run on All-Madden since the pursuit is strong and that opens up cutback lanes. I think I can fine-tune the QB accuracies (they need to be under 5 for both user and cpu imo; 1-4 are the sweet spots on AP or All-Madden) and the rest of the game is good. On All-Madden the kick meter is fast and they return and cover kicks better. The cpu offense is good on both AP and All-Madden but the interior rush defense is simply too weak. I doubt they fix it since the over-powering guard play existed in M25 and ruined the inside running game. They never fixed it then and I highly doubt they fix it now since they are focused primarily on next gen.

Was this play now or CFM Rudy? I only played 4 games of M15 all on All-Madden with modified sliders before returning my rental, but I never ran that well playing as the Browns, Panthers, Saints, and Rams. They don't have a stud like Charles so maybe I would have found it easier with a great back.

****Edit****
I can post my sliders I was working on within CFM if you want, I was getting a pretty good run defense by the CPU in my 4 CFM games.

Rudy
08-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Play Now. Haven't tried franchise yet. Post your sliders and I will look at them. I like reading and seeing different ideas. I'd like to see your WR catch because mine catch pretty much everything, even at 15.

I turned off the kick indicator as it.s too easy.

WolverineJay
08-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Play Now. Haven't tried franchise yet. Post your sliders and I will look at them. I like reading and seeing different ideas. I'd like to see your WR catch because mine catch pretty much everything, even at 15.

I turned off the kick indicator as it.s too easy.

kicking is just as easy just aim kick arrow between goal posts and time the power correctly to be automatic regardless if you slam the accuracy way too the left or right.

CFM has always played different than play now so play a practice CFM with the Chiefs. Play a couple All-Madden default CFM games with the Chiefs to compare run game between the modes since you dominated with Charles. After a couple games on default All-Madden see how you do then get back to me on here and I will post my sliders if you still feel its too easy to run.

Rudy
08-31-2014, 08:24 AM
This game is good but it could be a lot better with a few fixes in these areas IMO.

1. Tone down the push the Guards get on the DTs. They consistently knock them off the line making short yardage far too easy to convert.

2. Fix the sliders. From what I can tell user run blocking, user WR catch and user INT sliders do nothing. Drop WR catch to 0 and they still catch almost everything. Where is the testing on this stuff? EA needs to add one game changer whose sole purpose is to test sliders. The current ones don't even look at them.

3. Create a bigger gap between bad and good QBs. Robo QB is alive and well on AP and all-madden. The new inaccuracies never appeared on the PS3. With QB accuracy at 3 for both it gets a lot better but why do we have to go to such extremes?

Fix the first two and I will be really happy. The graphics, physics and presentation are the best ever on PS3. Haven't checked out franchise yet though.

Rudy
09-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Finally finished my first franchise game with the Browns. A 31-9 loss to the Steelers that was close until the 4th and freeze. I have read about the freezing but only saw skips and 3 second freezes. First lockup and if this continues on franchise it will suck. L.Bell had a big game against me. Manziel not so much lol.

Rudy
09-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Well I tied the Steelers 18-18 in OT, then came back and beat the Saints 28-24 on a kick return TD with 4 minutes to go and then got stomped 33-3 by the Ravens as Manziel threw 5 INTs. I was brutal.

Trying to decide if I should trade away Paul Kruger for a 3rd rounder. My initial response is no. With Sheard and Mingo I could let him go but I like having pass rushers. Formation subs would help!

Rudy
09-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Wind affects things a little too much. I don't mind it making the kicking harder since it's still way too easy on PS3 but punt returnees muff way too many with an 11 mph wind. It should be toned down IMO.