PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NFL Season Talk

Pages : [1] 2 3

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 03:10 PM
I guess the preseason is as good of a time to start a new thread. Sure good to see the NFL back on the tube. I love preseason football to learn about those scrubs that won't make the team.

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 03:14 PM
I guess the preseason is as good of a time to start a new thread. Sure good to see the NFL back on the tube. I love preseason football to learn about those scrubs that won't make the team.It's usually sloppy football but I look forward to it every season.

Guys out there playing for a job...any job really.

Seeing the holding/illegal contact penalties being called. The players think it's a rule change...I just figured it was a rule already in place but simply wasn't called all the time like it should have been.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11335930/nfl-passing-offenses-likely-benefit-penalties-defensive-holding-illegal-contact-increase

Rudy
08-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Lots of penalties and sloppy play in preseason. I find it hard to watch.

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 04:57 PM
After the 3rd game or so me too.

Just the off season of no football has me ready to watch anything

steelerfan
08-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I watch the Steelers and that's it.

Of course, these days, that's the case in the regular season too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

jaymo76
08-11-2014, 05:51 PM
I actually enjoy the preseason simply because ALL the games are on NFL Network 24/7. It's the only time I can watch football uninterrupted... aka my three kids are sleeping by 9pm and therefore not using me as a jungle-gym. I can actually see the TV!!!

Plus, it's the only time during the season where I feel good about cheering for :Oakland_Raiders: We still have "hope" at that point. lol

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 09:27 PM
:Oakland_Raiders: We still have "hope" at that point. lol

Well Detroit went 4-0 in the preseason where they then went 0-16 :D

Rudy
08-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Dolphins signed Quinn at QB. Tebow up next!
:)

GatorfanStovy
08-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Serious how the hell is Tebow not signed yet and people like Quinn is still in the league. He needs to seriously take a look at TE he would shine there. But I get his dream if it's Qb in the NFL you don't give up your dream no matter how hard the stepping stone is. I swear he is better then half the backs up in the league... Some team needs to give him one more shot. What's it going to hurt ?

jaymo76
08-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Serious how the hell is Tebow not signed yet and people like Quinn is still in the league. He needs to seriously take a look at TE he would shine there. But I get his dream if it's Qb in the NFL you don't give up your dream no matter how hard the stepping stone is. I swear he is better then half the backs up in the league... Some team needs to give him one more shot. What's it going to hurt ?

While I agree that Tebow is multi-skilled and could succeed elsewhere if he changed positions I just don't see it happening. It's not that I don't think he may be willing to try out another position. Rather, I don't think any team is willing to take on the 24/7 circus that comes with signing the guy. Too much of a distraction such as Tebow is just not good for a team.

Now as to why anyone would hire Brady Quinn... well that's a topic for another day.

Rudy
08-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Tebow is working out like crazy. His career is basically done. He's not athletic enough to excel in other areas, he's a runner and not a good thrower and doesn't fit well with most pass happy schemes. The media attention is also a big negative.

skipwondah33
08-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Don't think he wants to change positions he even stated so...otherwise believe he would done that already.

morsdraconis
08-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Dude doesn't care enough about the game of football, otherwise he would have already. You either care enough about the game to do what's necessary to make it, or you don't and you never make it. Simple as that.

steelerfan
08-16-2014, 07:56 PM
I can't watch the game until NFL Network re-airs it tomorrow but it looks like Steelers rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier is living up to the hype in his first game action.

Shazier had 11 tackles and an interception in the first half against Buffalo tonight. Nice.

psuexv
08-16-2014, 10:27 PM
His INT was nice. Bringing back some athleticism to our LBs

Rudy
08-17-2014, 05:02 AM
The Dolphins had a serious interest in Shazier or Mosley if they fell. Neither did. Shazier's dad is Miami's team chaplain.

Philbin has turned Miami into finesse. They no longer have a NT on defence and will struggle to stop the run this year and their OL is built for pass protection. Horrible running game so far with their starters the first two preseason games. I think they had negative rush yards at halftime yesterday.

psusnoop
08-17-2014, 06:36 AM

That was a sweet pick. Having that type of coverage ability down the field along with that speed sideline to sideline puts a smile on my face.

skipwondah33
08-17-2014, 08:51 AM
I haven't had chance go watch game. Going to watch it at Noon for the re air. It didn't come on here in Maryland ti watch

The Cowboys/Ravens game did though.

JeffHCross
08-17-2014, 01:58 PM
I can't watch the game until NFL Network re-airs it tomorrow but it looks like Steelers rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier is living up to the hype in his first game action.

Shazier had 11 tackles and an interception in the first half against Buffalo tonight. Nice.

That was a sweet pick. Having that type of coverage ability down the field along with that speed sideline to sideline puts a smile on my face.Reading you three talking about Ryan Damn Shazier is so depressing. And not for any anti-Steelers reason.

skipwondah33
08-17-2014, 02:09 PM
That INT was beautiful

Watching game now. He was all over that. Turning hips, getting his head around and locating ball.

He's been in or around the ball most of game I've watched.

Oh and Antonio Brown's TD was nice

ram29jackson
08-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Denver is going all the way this year no matter what happens to anyone else.

Rudy
08-17-2014, 08:03 PM
The new Fox box/clock is different. Bigger too? Going to have to get used it.

psusnoop
08-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Interesting, got to take a look at that. I typically watch way more cbs then fox but that's because of the steelers :)

souljahbill
08-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Interesting, got to take a look at that. I typically watch way more cbs then fox but that's because of the steelers :)

I'm a Fox guy because of the Saints.

ram29jackson
08-18-2014, 11:50 AM
expect the Seahawks and Cards to pretty much if not suck,not do to well this year at all.

JeffHCross
08-18-2014, 12:13 PM
expect the Seahawks and Cards to pretty much if not suck,not do to well this year at all.
wat?

JBHuskers
08-18-2014, 12:53 PM

ram29jackson
08-18-2014, 01:33 PM
wat?

just watch, I have absolutely no fear of being wrong

Rudy
08-18-2014, 01:48 PM

At least explain your reasoning.

ram29jackson
08-18-2014, 02:05 PM
At least explain your reasoning.

the team hosting the SB never does well that year.

Seattle got their little trophy last year and now the league will use the focus of the pass defense rule as the reason Seattle has a drop off.

skipwondah33
08-18-2014, 09:22 PM
...and Johnny flips the finger back at Washington's bench after throwing an incomplete pass

Please give this guy to Pittsburgh in Week 1

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Lol

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2014, 10:28 PM
...and Johnny flips the finger back at Washington's bench after throwing an incomplete pass

Please give this guy to Pittsburgh in Week 1

Hasn't even made it to the start of his first regular season and the dumbfuck is already making a hell of a reputation for himself. :clap:

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/863978211.gif?1408414634

jaymo76
08-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Watching that game as well as the Detroit game the week before... it's going to be a long season for Cleveland fans. Had Washington not take so many penalties most of those drives would have ended and Manziel's stats would be ever worse. Sadly, Hoyer did no favours for himself tonight. Shaw however? Hell of a quarter!

JBHuskers
08-19-2014, 11:28 AM
NFL.com had a headline that said Manziel fingered the Redskins....

http://mundoestranho.abril.com.br/blogs/bestiario/files/2012/10/gif-stunned.gif

ram29jackson
08-19-2014, 03:21 PM
you guys are being played like a fiddle. They gave you "Tebow" the ultimate Christian and now they are giving you Johnny Football the ultimate "I don't care" guy.

in the 50s Johnny Football would be more of an All American name but the NFL is turning it into a trendy rebel nickname.

(((Johnny Football)))
((( he don't care)))
((( Johnny Football ,he's a rebel)))

steelerfan
08-19-2014, 04:42 PM
you guys are being played like a fiddle. They gave you "Tebow" the ultimate Christian and now they are giving you Johnny Football the ultimate "I don't care" guy.

in the 50s Johnny Football would be more of an All American name but the NFL is turning it into a trendy rebel nickname.

(((Johnny Football)))
((( he don't care)))
((( Johnny Football ,he's a rebel)))
I don't think anyone here is being played, dickwad.

Now roll over, give Mommy a kiss, and go back to sleep - you're dreaming.

ram29jackson
08-19-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't think anyone here is being played, dickwad.

Now roll over, give Mommy a kiss, and go back to sleep - you're dreaming.

you'll see some day my son. You shall see

skipwondah33
08-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Damn it the Browns named Hoyer as their starter lol

Wanted Johnny to be starting Week 1

steelerfan
08-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Damn it the Browns named Hoyer as their starter lol

Wanted Johnny to be starting Week 1
Johnny Bench.

JeffHCross
08-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Johnny Bench.
https://www.athletesquarterly.com/assets/Uploads/_resampled/SetHeight625-Johnny-Bench-2.jpg

JBHuskers
08-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Johnny Bench.

:D

ram29jackson
08-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Johnny Bench.

Johnny Football bench.

all media outlets have been instructed to talk about Johnny football. so don't worry, he will play this year.I'm in California and they keep dropping his name all day. That is no accident. He'll come off the bench and save a game and the fire will start.

Rudy
08-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Manziel isn't starting for a few good reasons.
1. He's not ready.
2. The Browns have 3 tough games to start and then a bye to make the switch.
3. They don't have great weapons without Josh Gordon.

If Gordon gets suspended, the QB will have it rough early. No sense making Manziel look brutal.

JeffHCross
08-20-2014, 11:10 PM
And potentially ruining his confidence from the start.

psusnoop
08-22-2014, 01:29 AM
And potentially ruining his confidence from the start.

This douchebag could suck and get blown up and still think his cool.

JBHuskers
08-22-2014, 10:48 AM
I don't have the hate for Johnny Manziel that I did for Tim Tebow. I think it has to do with the fact that one is real and one is fake. But yeah ESPN is definitely giving him the blowjob of a lifetime.

psuexv
08-22-2014, 12:02 PM
I don't have the hate for Johnny Manziel that I did for Tim Tebow. I think it has to do with the fact that one is real and one is fake. But yeah ESPN is definitely giving him the blowjob of a lifetime.

So Johnny is a real what? QB? :D :D :D

skipwondah33
08-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Haha

Ones just more of a thug as they say now a days than the other.

I'd prefer Tebow over Manziel

ram29jackson
08-22-2014, 12:31 PM
So Johnny is a real what? QB? :D :D :D

why not ? they made you believe Kaepernick and Wilson are good QBs so this shouldn't be any different.

JeffHCross
08-22-2014, 10:54 PM
why not ? they made you believe Kaepernick and Wilson are good QBs so this shouldn't be any different.Last I checked, it wasn't ESPN that was responsible for that

ram29jackson
08-22-2014, 11:51 PM
Last I checked, it wasn't ESPN that was responsible for that

of course not. It was the NFL that made you believe it.

Rudy
08-23-2014, 05:10 AM
why not ? they made you believe Kaepernick and Wilson are good QBs so this shouldn't be any different.

Keep Is a good QB and Russell Wilson is a great one. Wilson is the only QB in NFL history to have a 100+ QB rating his first 2 years. Kaep's QB rating is 94 for his career and he's won a ton of games. These guys are legit. I'll trade Tanehill and multiple picks for them any day.

Rudy
08-23-2014, 05:20 AM
The new Lions OC is Lombardi who was in New Orleans but the design of this offense and play calling look horrible. Either he's hiding a lot or he's awful. Little motion, tons of 5 yard dink and dunk crap only mixing in 4 verticals once in awhile, way too much bootleg calls. It's awful. They used Calvin in the slot quite a bit last night but that was it. When he left that offense can't do anything and doesn't look like it's trying.

psusnoop
08-23-2014, 06:24 AM

What?? So ESPN controls everything? From the NFL, to the owners, to the coaching staff, to each individual player, then to each individual person that follows the NFL?

That is some serious shit right there!!!! When is your flight out of Colorado?

ram29jackson
08-23-2014, 11:51 AM
What?? So ESPN controls everything? From the NFL, to the owners, to the coaching staff, to each individual player, then to each individual person that follows the NFL?

That is some serious shit right there!!!! When is your flight out of Colorado?

I said the NFL ,I didn't say ESPN.

question- how many small media market teams aside from Green Bay have you ever seen develop any form of a dynasty ?

the location of team is important and whether or not that team has a mega star that the league knows everyone likes and they pump up in the media.
unless Russell is somehow considered and pumped as the next greatest what ever. They are never getting that deep again

ram29jackson
08-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Keep Is a good QB and Russell Wilson is a great one. Wilson is the only QB in NFL history to have a 100+ QB rating his first 2 years. Kaep's QB rating is 94 for his career and he's won a ton of games. These guys are legit. I'll trade Tanehill and multiple picks for them any day.

meaningless stat that proves nothing

skipwondah33
08-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Not a very telling stat. They don't throw the football much.

Last year the Seahawks ranked 26th in pass yards per game

And 31st in attempts per game

Season prior

27th in yards per game

32nd in attempts per

So yeah...

steelerfan
08-23-2014, 12:26 PM
I said the NFL ,I didn't say ESPN.

question- how many small media market teams aside from Green Bay have you ever seen develop any form of a dynasty ?

the location of team is important and whether or not that team has a mega star that the league knows everyone likes and they pump up in the media.
unless Russell is somehow considered and pumped as the next greatest what ever. They are never getting that deep again
It's a pdf so you'll have to look it up yourself, but none of the top 4 TV markets have come close to a Dynasty (NY, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia). Dallas is 5th.

Pittsburgh is 23rd so - yeah.

Rudy
08-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Dolphins hired Marino as an advisor. Annoying. He was too lazy to take a real job 10 years ago and this is just a pity job after he got fired by CBS and for public relations. Steve Ross (owner) means well but he's clueless.

steelerfan
08-25-2014, 03:26 PM
ESPN - Broncos WR Wes Welker not considering retirement after latest concussion, coach John Fox said

psuexv
08-25-2014, 03:37 PM
ESPN - Broncos WR Wes Welker not considering retirement after latest concussion, coach John Fox said

Well of course not. It'll make the tale of the Broncos winning the SB way more sellable

steelerfan
08-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Well of course not. It'll make the tale of the Broncos winning the SB way more sellable
Wrong thread. :D

SmoothPancakes
08-25-2014, 03:40 PM
:D :D :D

ram29jackson
08-25-2014, 04:15 PM
unless Manning goes down,no other news whether real or embellished matters through the season

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Oh for fuck's sake. :fp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuEAgZSFuRA

souljahbill
08-26-2014, 12:38 PM

Good on Michael Sam.

ram29jackson
08-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Good on Michael Sam.

LOL yeah, great..nothing says sports talk like in depth shower play by play.

ram29jackson
08-26-2014, 02:35 PM
I loved this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxw5pDFMX8w

JeffHCross
08-27-2014, 09:52 AM

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy assThere are some things that just shouldn't be discussed on SportsCenter :D :fp:

JBHuskers
08-27-2014, 11:08 AM
He fits in just like anyone else fits in. Just cuz he's *** doesn't mean it's any different.

I expect him to get cut when the Rams go to 53, but get immediately picked up elsewhere.

steelerfan
08-27-2014, 11:55 AM
I expect him to get cut when the Rams go to 53, but get immediately picked up elsewhere.

Packers. Please.

skipwondah33
08-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Josh Gordan's appeal denied, suspended for the season

This is a quote from him on the matter

I'd like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns (http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE) organization and our fans," Gordon said in a statement. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case

Bolded for hilarity. Now I know the Steelers have a couple of potheads in the backfield...but Gordan's statement is funny.

He's disappointed that the NFL didn't exercise better judgement! :D

Yeah well your teammates, Browns front office, Head Coach, fans and the NFL are disappointed that you did not exercise better judgement. 2nd hand weed smoke :fp:

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Josh Gordan's appeal denied, suspended for the season

This is a quote from him on the matter

Bolded for hilarity. Now I know the Steelers have a couple of potheads in the backfield...but Gordan's statement is funny.

Yeah well your teammates, Browns front office, Head Coach, fans and the NFL are disappointed that you did not exercise better judgement. 2nd hand weed smoke :fp:

Plus not to mention the issues AFTER that. Pulled over for speeding with a passenger arrested for possession of weed. And then after that, arrested for DWI, all while this whole thing was hanging over his head. What a dumbass...

Rudy
08-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Packers. Please.

LOL. That would be classic.

And Josh Gordon is an idiot. He's been in and out of trouble a LOT in his short college and NFL career. Take responsibility for your own problems. Tons of talent. Hopefully he will own up to his own stupidity and turn his life around. Missing the $$$ should be a big kick in the pants.

JeffHCross
08-28-2014, 09:08 AM

Yeah well your teammates, Browns front office, Head Coach, fans and the NFL are disappointed that you did not exercise better judgement. 2nd hand weed smoke :fp:Even stepping back from my following of the Browns, his appeal actually made sense to me. The NFL standard for "use" is much lower than any other sporting body's, including the Olympics, Cycling and other major American Sports, and the NFL testing procedure is as follows: Take an A sample and B sample. If the A sample shows the required amount, the B sample merely needs to show anything above 0, not meet the same standard. Gordon's A sample met the standard, his B sample didn't. So if they'd been switched he wouldn't have failed.

Frankly, while I don't have any kind of experience in drug testing and it's entirely possible that there's some kind of dilution effect that could explain why Sample 1 and Sample 2 do not have to have the same standards, that doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Should he have excercised better judgement? Sure. But does it pass the smell test? Nope.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 09:23 AM
My understanding that it was based on multiple failed tests not just this. He was already suspended last season for 2 games, then this and an arrest.

He obviously has an issue with marijuana as I've heard he failed multiple tests in college as well. Granted a good part of players are smoking but apparently aren't getting caught atleast...or arrested (except for Gordan and the Steelers backfield :fp:)

JeffHCross
08-28-2014, 09:39 AM
My understanding that it was based on multiple failed tests not just this. He was already suspended last season for 2 games, then this and an arrest.

He obviously has an issue with marijuana as I've heard he failed multiple tests in college as well. Granted a good part of players are smoking but apparently aren't getting caught atleast...or arrested (except for Gordan and the Steelers backfield :fp:)His suspension was based on multiple failures of the league's drug policy.

This failure, from what I understand but could have been misinformed, was based on a single test with an A sample and B sample.

JBHuskers
08-28-2014, 12:55 PM
As much as Josh Gordon has been a dumbass, he's still young and can turn his career around. With that said, I think the NFL should have allowed him to play in the CFL.

skipwondah33
08-28-2014, 01:27 PM
His suspension was based on multiple failures of the league's drug policy.

This failure, from what I understand but could have been misinformed, was based on a single test with an A sample and B sample.Ah ok

Only himself and his judgement are to blame though, no matter the misinformed information.

Doesn't come into play if he doesn't have a single failure. He's young though, hopefully this is a needed wake up call. Atleast he has it early into his career and it didn't ruin his career before it even started while he was in college.

JBHuskers
08-28-2014, 01:43 PM
The NFL announces tougher punishments for domestic violence. Six games for first offense, lifetime ban for second.

ram29jackson
08-28-2014, 03:23 PM
The NFL announces tougher punishments for domestic violence. Six games for first offense, lifetime ban for second.

LOL game suspensions arent tough punishments for such a serious offense. All they are doing is a knee jerk reaction to appease the dumb public. They wont even use this new rule if its a star player they want to protect.

psuexv
08-29-2014, 09:55 AM
LOL game suspensions arent tough punishments for such a serious offense. All they are doing is a knee jerk reaction to appease the dumb public. They wont even use this new rule if its a star player they want to protect.

But Star players won't do anything to get them into trouble unless the league wants them to. The puppeteering isn't just on the field. The players that get in trouble are because the NFL wants them to get in trouble.

ram29jackson
08-29-2014, 01:28 PM
But Star players won't do anything to get them into trouble unless the league wants them to. The puppeteering isn't just on the field. The players that get in trouble are because the NFL wants them to get in trouble.

bounty-gate is a perfect example of that.The super bowl was in New Orleans that year and they made sure the Saints were pushed to the side.

psuexv
08-29-2014, 03:51 PM
bounty-gate is a perfect example of that.The super bowl was in New Orleans that year and they made sure the Saints were pushed to the side.

Sooooo the SB was in New Orleans but they didn't want New Orleans playing in the Super Bowl? Yeah that makes sense

JBHuskers
08-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Bears cut Jordan Lynch. Damn. Was hoping he'd make the team.

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2014, 03:14 PM
So long Michael Sam! He just got cut.

steelerfan
08-30-2014, 03:17 PM
So long Michael Sam! He just got cut.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/30/3db74d4e02a5bbb7299c4d507728cb2c.jpg

Please. Please. Please.

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2014, 03:19 PM

ram29jackson
08-30-2014, 03:26 PM
please no,not the Packers LOL

JBHuskers
09-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately for you guys he won't be a Packer, but he will be a Cowboy if he passes his physical per Shefty.

JBHuskers
09-02-2014, 03:51 PM
It'll also be the practice squad.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

steelerfan
09-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately for you guys he won't be a Packer, but he will be a Cowboy if he passes his physical per Shefty.
This works.

Saddle polish.
Reverse Cowboy.
Bareback.
Brokeback.
Pony paddle.
Saddle up.
Raw Hide.

There's PLENTY to work with.

GatorfanStovy
09-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Well the packers defense is just getting man handled tonight by Lynch , Wilson and the rest of hawks offense or they are just that good

JeffHCross
09-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Well the packers defense is just getting man handled tonight by Lynch , Wilson and the rest of hawks offense or they are just that goodClearly you haven't been reading the "Is the NFL fixed?" thread, because this outcome was preordained.

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Well the packers defense is just getting man handled tonight by Lynch , Wilson and the rest of hawks offense or they are just that good

Seattle is good and Green Bay sucks. The Packers are not going back to the Super Bowl any time soon. If anything, Packers should be happy it was only a 20 point whooping.

JBHuskers
09-05-2014, 11:56 AM
As a Bears fan, this makes me happy.

ram29jackson
09-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Seattle is good and Green Bay sucks. The Packers are not going back to the Super Bowl any time soon. If anything, Packers should be happy it was only a 20 point whooping.

and when Green Bay still has a winning season and seattle loses a game in a sloppy fashion you will use parity as the excuse.
This is one game and it proves nothing about next week or the Season.

SmoothPancakes
09-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Pittsburgh's pregame locker room music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPcMzy4WI8

SmoothPancakes
09-07-2014, 01:23 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/09/07/2aab73893abf2b455cb873f884a66047.gif?1410113516

SmoothPancakes
09-07-2014, 01:40 PM
A side angle.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Pkl_ewH4--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/fkcl8g7uvlgacuftjhh8.gif

steelerfan
09-07-2014, 01:43 PM
That pretty much sums up the last 25 years of this "rivalry".

SmoothPancakes
09-07-2014, 01:51 PM
That pretty much sums up the last 25 years of this "rivalry".

Yep! :D

It sucks to be Lanning. He's now forever etched into GIF history as the guy who got Kung Fu stomped by Antonio Brown.

steelerfan
09-07-2014, 03:39 PM
I hope the NFL's script for this season has the Steelers run defense improving.

skipwondah33
09-07-2014, 04:24 PM
And pass defense

And offensive decision making

souljahbill
09-07-2014, 05:07 PM
I hope the NFL's script for this season has the Steelers run defense improving.

XD

souljahbill
09-07-2014, 05:50 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/07/fb26497bcbb814e6e317a7464d7b84e1.jpg

souljahbill
09-07-2014, 07:09 PM
NSFW but totally worth it

Click here or you FUCKING SUCK! (http://deadspin.com/worlds-angriest-browns-fan-goes-on-worlds-angriest-brow-1631735116)

steelerfan
09-07-2014, 07:39 PM
And pass defense

The offense was very productive, overall. They were just inconsistent which is not a concern on opening day. The defense only allowed 208 yards passing. The problem, the elephant in the room, was the 182 rushing yards they allowed.

steelerfan
09-07-2014, 07:45 PM
NSFW but totally worth it

Click here or you FUCKING SUCK! (http://deadspin.com/worlds-angriest-browns-fan-goes-on-worlds-angriest-brow-1631735116)
Typical, moronic Clowns fan. :fp:

Rudy
09-07-2014, 08:08 PM
The Dolphins got a very nice win. Offense turned the ball over (2 fumbles, INT on NE 5) in the first half and the defense sucked in the first half too. But their offense did well in the second half and the defense was WAY better, sacking Brady a lot. Wake was a beast. Gronk didn't play a ton, not sure how healthy he is. Brady did miss some receivers in the second half but the Miami D was great second half after giving up 250 yards in the first half.

The Dolphins went with shotgun offense all game. 5 New starters on the OL and they played well too. Knowshon Moreno is a nice upgrade. Great vision and strength even if he lacks great speed.

skipwondah33
09-07-2014, 08:52 PM
The offense was very productive, overall. They were just inconsistent which is not a concern on opening day. The defense only allowed 208 yards passing. The problem, the elephant in the room, was the 182 rushing yards they allowed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900Ain the 1st half they were. .2nd half shaky. Not convinced they would have moved the ball to get into FG range had the D not forced the field position with that stop.

Can't be certain but I wonder if the O had more than 5-6 first downs in 2nd half?

Wasn't so much speaking of the yardage. But at one point during the 2nd half nearly all of Hoyer's passes seemed to be to wide open guys when he threw. Especially that same play action bootleg that was eating Jarvis and Ike up.

Nonetheless a W is a W.

skipwondah33
09-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Love the way run game looked. F

cdj
09-07-2014, 09:18 PM
I was out for the afternoon and somehow Philadelphia rallied, Miami roared back, and Cleveland was almost competitive. Missing a half really changed things.

Oakland's ground game was dominant I see, based on the stats. :fp:

steelerfan
09-07-2014, 10:48 PM
in the 1st half they were. .2nd half shaky. Not convinced they would have moved the ball to get into FG range had the D not forced the field position with that stop.

Can't be certain but I wonder if the O had more than 5-6 first downs in 2nd half?

Wasn't so much speaking of the yardage. But at one point during the 2nd half nearly all of Hoyer's passes seemed to be to wide open guys when he threw. Especially that same play action bootleg that was eating Jarvis and Ike up.

Nonetheless a W is a W.
We can't fault them for staying on script.

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 04:54 AM
Oakland's ground game was dominant I see, based on the stats. :fp:

Yep.

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/688436/lolraiders.0.gif

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 06:40 AM
What would happen if you or I did this?

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 07:18 AM
We can't fault them for staying on script.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AHaha

You know first thing I thought about when all of sudden Pittsburgh couldn't pick up a first down or stop the Browns from looking like the Broncos last season?..... Ram :D

I was already deep in the beers by then...but I almost got converted to his belief lol

Rudy
09-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Wow on the Ray Rice punch. Huge negative for NFL.

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Don't forget Judicial system and Ravens

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 01:33 PM
ESPN - Ravens terminate RB Ray Rice's contract, making him free agent

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Indefinitely suspended as well

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Indefinitely suspended as well
ESPN - NFL suspends former Ravens RB Ray Rice indefinitely based on "new video evidence that became available".

Liars.

Rudy
09-08-2014, 03:49 PM
ESPN - NFL suspends former Ravens RB Ray Rice indefinitely based on "new video evidence that became available".

Liars.

Clearly the NFL didn't know how she got knocked out smh. If New evidence comes out do they change his suspension again? I guess double jeopardy doesn't apply in the NFL. The new suspension may also be a favour to Baltimore since they will have over $14M on the books the next 2 years and this could help them try and recoup some money. Ray Rice was a loser but I get tired of the dictator/liar Goodell.

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Apparently the Ravens didn't see the video either, if they didn't do anything themselves.. not just NFL. Baltimore took his word for it (though he likely made it seem more innocent than it clearly showed). Them knowing what he told them, can only explain their uberly strong backing of him after this happened. Had they seen this same video in comparison to what he told them, don't believe the support would have been the same..almost certain.

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 04:49 PM
All I know is that the hotel employee quoted in the TMZ article that I posted this morning said that the NFL saw the video. With their security, I gotta believe they did.

That said, is it possible that the hotel employee or TMZ is lying? Sure. What I do know is that someone is.

souljahbill
09-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Guys, Ray Rice didn't really hit her. It's a part of the NFL's storyline. They're acting.

gschwendt
09-08-2014, 05:02 PM
All I know is that the hotel employee quoted in the TMZ article that I posted this morning said that the NFL saw the video. With their security, I gotta believe they did.

That said, is it possible that the hotel employee or TMZ is lying? Sure. What I do know is that someone is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AI believe TMZ has since published an update that essentially said that they were inaccurate with that report, the NFL had not seen the in-elevator footage, only the after-effects when they're getting off the elevator.

ram29jackson
09-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Guys, Ray Rice didn't really hit her. It's a part of the NFL's storyline. They're acting.

the Patterson run was completely staged

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 05:20 PM
I believe TMZ has since published an update that essentially said that they were inaccurate with that report, the NFL had not seen the in-elevator footage, only the after-effects when they're getting off the elevator.
Hmm. I guess we'll roll with that now. Hard to believe they didn't see it but possible I suppose.

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 05:23 PM
ESPN - RB LaMichael James asks for, granted release by 49ers, according to agent; 2nd-round pick in 2012.

Talk about a shitstorm if Baltimore signs him. There are already reports that some 49ers players are pissed at Jim Harbaugh for dragging them to Baltimore to practice with the Ravens. Could Jim release a RB his brother wants, just to help him?

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Hmm. I guess we'll roll with that now. Hard to believe they didn't see it but possible I suppose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AThe DA's office won't release a statement either saying that they gave the NFL said video either. If they did a statement would have been released immediately.

And yeah it's interesting James was released. Soon as I seen he was released...i thought he's going to Ravens. Similar player and they need an RB..wow

Rudy
09-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Loved the Antonio Brown run.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1A249205EA1120477230376849408_17e073975ee.3.4.mp4? versionId=WaNWD_C8e_xWAwNDOyM4kGZfJPYqc_uB

gschwendt
09-08-2014, 06:33 PM

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 06:42 PM
The Patriots, Bengals, Cowboys and Raiders will just have to wait.

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Just heard that TMZ will release evidence tomorrow that suggests that the NFL did see the video before suspending Rice.

We'll see.

jaymo76
09-08-2014, 08:02 PM
ESPN - RB LaMichael James asks for, granted release by 49ers, according to agent; 2nd-round pick in 2012.

Talk about a shitstorm if Baltimore signs him. There are already reports that some 49ers players are pissed at Jim Harbaugh for dragging them to Baltimore to practice with the Ravens. Could Jim release a RB his brother wants, just to help him?

Don't let Ram see this post! :D

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Wonder why TMZ is just releasing video?

Police, DA said they weren't ones who sold to TMZ. So wonder who did.

cdj
09-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Wonder why TMZ is just releasing video?

Police, DA said they weren't ones who sold to TMZ. So wonder who did.

Saw some NFL 'expert' share a tweet they received from some random who claimed that the hotel where this happened is now shut down and someone might have held on to and sold the tape to TMZ. Unsure if even remotely possible or true.

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Saw some NFL 'expert' share a tweet they received from some random who claimed that the hotel where this happened is now shut down and someone might have held on to and sold the tape to TMZ. Unsure if even remotely possible or true.
It is.

The hotel is shut down. See the article I posted this morning.

skipwondah33
09-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Yep bankruptcy for 2nd time in 2 years

Heard about it last week that it was closing as did Showboat that is near it.

ram29jackson
09-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Don't let Ram see this post! :D

they have to create a story so when the team tanks next year while hosting the super bowl, you will of course buy the crap and blame the 'coach leaving/released/fired' story.

skipwondah33
09-12-2014, 07:27 AM
And pass defense

Both are still shaky...

46 total yards of Offense in 2nd half prior to the last drive and Ngata interception.

Turnovers didn't help either

cdj
09-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Who says the NFL isn't sending a strong message? From August 26:

NFL bans 'Slap Ya Mama' red zone ads over domestic violence concerns (http://fansided.com/2014/08/26/nfl-bans-slap-ya-mama-red-zone-ads-domestic-violence-concerns/)

Slap Ya Mama is a company that sells Cajun food products, but the average person probably doesn't think about Cajun cooking when they see the words “Slap Ya Mama” emblazoned across a football field, they think about slapping ya mama.

The NFL, being sensitive to domestic violence concerns in the wake of the Ray Rice incident, is now preventing Slap Ya Mama the Cajun food company from advertising their product with intrusive on-field red zone graphics.

Slap Ya Mama gave a statement about the NFL’s move via The New Orleans Advocate:

In a statement, Walker & Sons Inc.’s vice president of marketing said, “We are really shaking our heads over this one!”

“We’ve been doing this for three years with no complaints,” Jack D. Walker said. “People who know our brand ‘get it,’ but all of a sudden, after three years, the NFL doesn’t.”

Walker’s statement explained that “Slap Ya Mama” refers to “a loving slap on the back and a kiss on the cheek to your mama as a thank you for preparing another great tasting dish.”

Slap Ya Mama says their red zone campaign, which appeared during regionally-broadcast New Orleans Saints games, was popular with fans. Nevertheless, Slap Ya Mama will have to pull their ads from the last Saints preseason game.

So sensitive is the NFL to the concerns raised by some of these graphics, the league has actually taken the step of banning all red zone ads because “certain advertisers and brands were not consistent with NFL standards and messaging” and because “virtual signage can detract from the game telecast and create a less desirable viewing experience for fans watching.”

No more Slap Ya Mama. Pity.

JBHuskers
09-12-2014, 10:08 AM
#kneejerk

#coverourass

#WeSawTheWholeRayRiceTapeOriginally

souljahbill
09-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Slap Ya Mama is awesome!

JeffHCross
09-12-2014, 11:58 AM
#kneejerk

#coverourass

#WeSawTheWholeRayRiceTapeOriginallyLook at the timing. That was before the last week. Ridiculous.

Rudy
09-12-2014, 04:40 PM
AP got arrested for something with regards to a child accident. Saw a breaking news ticker.

steelerfan
09-12-2014, 05:52 PM
AP got arrested for something with regards to a child accident. Saw a breaking news ticker.
No accident. He whipped his son with a switch. You'd think this dumb hillbilly would know better after someone beat his other son (with whom he had no relationship) to death. :smh:

cdj
09-12-2014, 06:02 PM
According to law-enforcement sources, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson beat his 4-year-old son with a tree branch as a form of punishment this summer, an incident that allegedly resulted in multiple injuries to the child. According to reports, Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County, Texas for injury to a child.

The “whooping” – as Peterson put it when interviewed by police – occurred in Spring, Texas, in May. Peterson’s son had pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch – which he consistently referred to as a “switch” – removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly.

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

Rudy
09-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Just read the details. The kid was 4.Why does he need a branch or "switch". To put welts on your kid is ridiculous.

ram29jackson
09-12-2014, 06:05 PM
in May ?...in May ?

JBHuskers
09-12-2014, 06:58 PM
AP is deactivated for Sunday.

GatorfanStovy
09-12-2014, 08:12 PM
That is still messed for AP i hope he gets banned. No excuses for that shiit even if it is punishment. not the right way to do things. just so messed up.

souljahbill
09-12-2014, 09:17 PM
I got spanked with switches and belts.

Rudy
09-13-2014, 06:49 AM
I got spanked with switches and belts.

I got spanked with wooden spoons. I never suffered injuries though. Butt is sore for a bit but life goes on.

souljahbill
09-13-2014, 06:52 AM
I got spanked with wooden spoons. I never suffered injuries though. Butt is sore for a bit but life goes on.

Yeah, I never got the scratches and welps the kid got so AP probably went over that line between discipline and abuse.

steelerfan
09-13-2014, 07:17 AM
I got spanked with wooden spoons.

I used to get my fair share of that. I put a stop to that when I was in the 4th or 5th grade. My mom was only 5'0" so I was taller than her by 4th grade. One day it occurred to me, as I was being chased around the kitchen table, "fuck this, I'm bigger than you" and I took the spoon away. :D

Rudy
09-13-2014, 07:38 AM
I used to get my fair share of that. I put a stop to that when I was in the 4th or 5th grade. My mom was only 5'0" so I was taller than her by 4th grade. One day it occurred to me, as I was being chased around the kitchen table, "fuck this, I'm bigger than you" and I took the spoon away. :D

LOL. That's about the time whenspankings quit anyways. How AP couldn't see the harm he was doing is beyond me. I have spanked my kids but not nearly as much as I was. My daughter has gotten it once. My son 8-10 times max in his life. I just used my hand and they stay fully clothed (no bare butt). 5whacks is good but the boy was stupid one time. I spanked him (we believe as a last resort if timeouts and other punishments aren't working) and he told me afterwards it didn't.t hurt. He got it harder next time.

Now we just take away their tablets. It's the biggest threat for them.

steelerfan
09-13-2014, 08:15 AM
LOL. That's about the time whenspankings quit anyways. How AP couldn't see the harm he was doing is beyond me. I have spanked my kids but not nearly as much as I was. My daughter has gotten it once. My son 8-10 times max in his life. I just used my hand and they stay fully clothed (no bare butt). 5whacks is good but the boy was stupid one time. I spanked him (we believe as a last resort if timeouts and other punishments aren't working) and he told me afterwards it didn't.t hurt. He got it harder next time.

Now we just take away their tablets. It's the biggest threat for them.
Yeah. I spanked my daughter, maybe, 5 times. Spanked is not even accurate; popped her on her diaper when she was a toddler just for effect.

I can remember my dad bruising me across the chest when I was 6 and holding me against the wall by the throat when I was 13 or 14. That was the worst of it. I can't imagine treating my daughter that way (though I probably deserved it, lol).

skipwondah33
09-13-2014, 11:28 AM
I got spanked with switches and belts.yep we had to go pick out the switch and if we brought back a weak one, then that meant a bigger one was next and more hits.

The bigger my cousins and I got relatives upgraded to real leather belts and more hits depending on what we did to get it.

Got even worse if you tried to block them. Oh that was the worse.

Wasn't just switches and belts. Really anything that was found at the time of the whooping. My Mom got me good when I was young with one of her combs. One of worst whoopings I've ever got lol. Back talked and she must have lit me up 20 times with that comb after I got out of the bath...so yeah I hadn't dried off yet.

That's considered assault and all kinds of other things. Hell smacking your kid on the butt is as well these days..

Wouldn't change it for the world. And my son gets his tail smacked too when he disrespects his mother or doesn't listen..in public was well. The looks we get are interesting

jaymo76
09-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Hate to be "that guy" but... is anyone else annoyed by all the teams that wear their road jerseys at home now? Seems like some weeks it's about 50/50. I know it is stupid and shallow but it just bugs the heck out of me. Watching the all white Chargers... grrr! Okay whiny rant over...

Rudy
09-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Uniform choices are picked before the season starts for every game so it's either marketing or strategy based on heat (light jerseys on hot days).

Dolphins stunk today. Tannehill was inaccurate as usual, special teams HORRID (kick return Spiller TD, blocked punt, fumbled punt) and it was bad. Team is banged up too. I really don't believe Tannehill is the answer. He's not bad but he's a significant notch below Andy Dalton. Mediocre just isn't.t good enough if you want to win 10+ games.

steelerfan
09-14-2014, 06:41 PM
It's heat related. They like to wear white in the hot weather. For as long as I can remember, teams have been making Pittsburgh wear black on the road early in the season.

Rudy
09-14-2014, 08:03 PM
I remember teams choosing specific colour combos for Vinnie Testaverde because he was colour blind lol.

skipwondah33
09-14-2014, 08:15 PM
:+1::+1:
It's heat related. They like to wear white in the hot weather. For as long as I can remember, teams have been making Pittsburgh wear black on the road early in the season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A+1

souljahbill
09-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Bad news: Saints lost AGAIN. And to the fucking BROWNS, no less.

Good news: Rams won with USM alum Austin Davis at QB. He was our starting QB when we went 12-2 3 seasons ago.

steelerfan
09-14-2014, 09:46 PM
I remember teams choosing specific colour combos for Vinnie Testaverde because he was colour blind lol.
The Bucs wore white at home when they had him because of it. The combination of creamsicle colored jerseys, bright sun and opponents wearing white was not good for him. So when they discovered it, they started wearing white.

GatorfanStovy
09-14-2014, 11:46 PM
man kaep played like crap in the of game tonight.

souljahbill
09-15-2014, 05:27 AM
man kaep played like crap in the of game tonight.

Not at all. All 3 amazing picks were all scripted. Somehow, the athleticism displayed to make those interceptions were scripted. Look at the film.

steelerfan
09-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Not at all. All 3 amazing picks were all scripted. Somehow, the athleticism displayed to make those interceptions were scripted. Look at the film.

JBHuskers
09-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Da Bears definitely gutted that one out considering having their two best wideouts not at 100% and then losing five guys on defense.

souljahbill
09-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Da Bears definitely gutted that one out considering having their two best wideouts not at 100% and then losing five guys on defense.

That pick by #47 was phenomenal!

JBHuskers
09-15-2014, 09:04 AM
That pick by #47 was phenomenal!

Unfortunately Conte was one of the ones who was injured.

JeffHCross
09-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Hate to be "that guy" but... is anyone else annoyed by all the teams that wear their road jerseys at home now?Blame the Cowboys.

I do understand it for home teams in outdoor stadiums in hot locales though. Perfectly fine with it in that case.

JeffHCross
09-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Is it weird that the most impressive thing I saw all day (admittedly I watched very little yesterday) was when Andrew Hawkins caught that wide open pass behind the Saints defense (good grief did Hoyer underthrow that), and then he was tackled, he immediately sprung to his feet and called timeout.

I'm getting ridiculously tired of all of these times where the only person that is either allowed or intelligent enough to call timeout is the head coach. In one of the games Saturday (I can't remember which), the team that was behind lost a few seconds because the head coach had to run onto the field to get the attention of the official. Where was the entire f-ing defense and why weren't they calling timeout?

Rudy
09-15-2014, 01:04 PM
I hate coaches calling timeouts. I wish they would revoke that rule change.

Rudy
09-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Philly #1 in 2013 for big passing plays (25+ yards) with 48. Miami with Lazor at OC is last right now and only team with 0.

JBHuskers
09-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Philly #1 in 2013 for big passing plays (25+ yards) with 48. Miami with Lazor at OC is last right now and only team with 0.

Is that on the OC or Tannehill's arm strength? Wallace should be more acclimated to the system to be able to hit a big play or two this year you'd think.

Rudy
09-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Is that on the OC or Tannehill's arm strength? Wallace should be more acclimated to the system to be able to hit a big play or two this year you'd think.

Mostly on Tannehill. He has good arm strength but not a cannon. He's just not very accurate, especially downfield. Not sure how much falls on Lazor. Wallace doesn't have great hands or great sideline awareness IMO. He positions his body to make the catch easier and that sometimes takes him out of bounds. Perfect example is him beating Revis deep on a double move and catching the ball slightly out of bounds in endzone. If Tannehill is more accurate it's an easy TD. If Wallace tries to tip toe and make a tough hands catch it's a TD.

But I have witnessed Wallace get open deep by 2+ yards and constantly see underthrown balls or inaccurate ones. I'm tired of seeing so many open big plays missed. You pay a guy like Wallace big money for those plays and the QB can't deliver. The Buffalo game was too dink and dunk but the OL was bad.

JBHuskers
09-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Mostly on Tannehill. He has good arm strength but not a cannon. He's just not very accurate, especially downfield. Not sure how much falls on Lazor. Wallace doesn't have great hands or great sideline awareness IMO. He positions his body to make the catch easier and that sometimes takes him out of bounds. Perfect example is him beating Revis deep on a double move and catching the ball slightly out of bounds in endzone. If Tannehill is more accurate it's an easy TD. If Wallace tries to tip toe and make a tough hands catch it's a TD.

But I have witnessed Wallace get open deep by 2+ yards and constantly see underthrown balls or inaccurate ones. I'm tired of seeing so many open big plays missed. You pay a guy like Wallace big money for those plays and the QB can't deliver. The Buffalo game was too dink and dunk but the OL was bad.

I doubt Matt Moore can make that throw better than Tannehill though.

Rudy
09-15-2014, 05:46 PM
I doubt Matt Moore can make that throw better than Tannehill though.

Actually Matt Moore is a gunslinger with a great deep ball. But he's a feast or famine guy that overall isn't good enough to be a full time starter. He doesn't practice well so the coaches don't fully trust him.

steelerfan
09-15-2014, 07:10 PM
ESPN - Adrian Peterson accused in separate incident of abusing another son who is 4 years old - report.

How many fucking toddlers does this shithead have running around out there? Hey, Adrian, try cumming on her face sometime. It's fun and it keeps away the bastards. Jeez.

jaymo76
09-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Heard an interesting discussion today that Condoleza Rice may have a great shot at being the next NFL Commissioner. Didn't see that one coming.

SmoothPancakes
09-16-2014, 03:32 AM
Heard an interesting discussion today that Condoleza Rice may have a great shot at being the next NFL Commissioner. Didn't see that one coming.

Ugh. It really will become two hand touch football. :fp:

There is a lot wrong in the NFL today, but it can be very easily fucked up much worse.

JeffHCross
09-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Heard an interesting discussion today that Condoleza Rice may have a great shot at being the next NFL Commissioner. Didn't see that one coming.From what I've seen, there's not actually anything behind that rumor, just that the NFL is in the middle of a massive PR problem, particularly relating to women, and Rice is an authoritative woman who has publicly expressed interest in being the NFL commissioner in the past.

skipwondah33
09-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Man I tolerated ESPN and the like for the longest but over the past months and especially weeks, it's getting intolerable to watch

They almost report more off the field issues than on.

If you didn't know any better you would think the domestic violence and child abuse only existed in the NFL. It can't possibly happen anywhere else or involving anyone else. Now all of sudden it's time to end it? It was time to focus on and end it years ago...not just in the NFL or any other sports league.

They lost the remaining credibility with me when they thought it was important to ask about Michael Sam's showering habits :fp:

These issues can be focused on anytime...not just when the iron is hot.

JBHuskers
09-16-2014, 11:06 AM
ESPN - Adrian Peterson accused in separate incident of abusing another son who is 4 years old - report.

How many fucking toddlers does this shithead have running around out there? Hey, Adrian, try cumming on her face sometime. It's fun and it keeps away the bastards. Jeez.

Laywer says that issue is a year old and AP was found clean on that one.

He just likes to spank some ass. :D

JeffHCross
09-16-2014, 11:11 AM
They lost the remaining credibility with me when they thought it was important to ask about Michael Sam's showering habits :fp:In defense of the network, the anchor didn't ask about his showering, the reporter just offered that one up unprompted. I'm not sure how "How is he fitting in" translates to "Are the other players showering with him" but whatever.

Amusingly, I heard that they either retracted or apologized for that story. I don't know what would prompt you to retract it. Better just to not acknowledge it happened.

skipwondah33
09-16-2014, 12:43 PM
In defense of the network, the anchor didn't ask about his showering, the reporter just offered that one up unprompted. I'm not sure how "How is he fitting in" translates to "Are the other players showering with him" but whatever.

Amusingly, I heard that they either retracted or apologized for that story. I don't know what would prompt you to retract it. Better just to not acknowledge it happened.That question shouldn't matter either

How is Clowney fitting in?

How is Johnny Manziel fitting in?

How is Ryan Shazier fitting in? As you know he has Alopecia

Nah, ESPN is just going to focus on how Michael Sam is doing...meanwhile the Ray Rice case/issue was still going on at time. No expressing of feelings or this other outrage.

That was yesterday's news at the time though...until the video came out. Now Michael Sam who... Week 1 and 2 games what..

skipwondah33
09-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Uh oh

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11539004/anheuser-busch-not-yet-satisfied-nfl-handling-recent-player-conduct

Amusing comment someone posted.

"Anhueuser-Busch has definitely contributed to more abuse, child, spousal and otherwise, than have Roger Goddell and the NFL"

JBHuskers
09-16-2014, 04:56 PM
The whole Rihanna and CBS thing about Thursday Night Football is cracking me up.

"Oh she's a victim of domestic abuse, we have to pull her from the open this week, but we want her back next week"

Knee jerk reactions FTW!

skipwondah33
09-16-2014, 05:49 PM
And public opinion FEW

Oh look ESPN doing a piece on Devon Still finally.

Story just over 2 and half weeks old..

JeffHCross
09-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Uh oh

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11539004/anheuser-busch-not-yet-satisfied-nfl-handling-recent-player-conduct

Amusing comment someone posted.

"Anhueuser-Busch has definitely contributed to more abuse, child, spousal and otherwise, than have Roger Goddell and the NFL"Lmao at all this posturing.

steelerfan
09-17-2014, 01:39 AM
The Vikings are backpedaling. They put Peterson on the Exempt List and said he'll stay away from the team until the legal proceedings play out.

:bp:

ram29jackson
09-17-2014, 02:31 AM
and deactivated a half hour later,bye till next year

souljahbill
09-17-2014, 05:29 AM
Guess the NFL really wanted to raise the awareness of domestic and child abuse. Don't know why they'd choose to do it by suspending 2 of their most recognizable players but I guess they got their point across.

JeffHCross
09-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Guess the NFL really wanted to raise the awareness of domestic and child abuse. Don't know why they'd choose to do it by suspending 2 of their most recognizable players but I guess they got their point across.I heard AP and Ready Rice weren't willing to put over the other team. I hate it when guys aren't willing to do the job. (/wrestling)

JBHuskers
09-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Sounds like Carolina is going to handle Greg Hardy the same way.

SmoothPancakes
09-17-2014, 07:37 PM
And another report of an assault/possible domestic violence case in Arizona now, involving RB Jonathan Dwyer. Reported victims are a 27 year old woman and an 18 month old child.

steelerfan
09-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Glad he's not in Pittsburgh anymore. The Steelers have had enough trouble with their running backs this year.

skipwondah33
09-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Glad he's not in Pittsburgh anymore. The Steelers have had enough trouble with their running backs this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A+1

On another note. Glad this story is finally getting attention

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11547204/devon-cincinnati-bengals-sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-talk-first

I thought it was cool when it was first reported during last week of Training camp. Cool gesture by Payton.

Wonder if there will be a ice water challenge or some other social media ploy people just run into the ground that gets all of the media's attention..

JBHuskers
09-18-2014, 12:45 PM
So Dwyer headbutted his wife and broke her nose after she refused his sexual advances. Then punched her the next day :smh:

JBHuskers
09-18-2014, 12:47 PM
+1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11547204/devon-cincinnati-bengals-sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-talk-first

I thought it was cool when it was first reported during last week of Training camp. Cool gesture by Payton.

I fucking love this story.

Rudy
09-18-2014, 07:49 PM
So Dwyer headbutted his wife and broke her nose after she refused his sexual advances. Then punched her the next day :smh:

What a loser!

JBHuskers
09-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Congrats to Devin Hester for breaking Deion Sanders' all-time return TD record. #AlwaysWillRootForDevin

JBHuskers
09-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Atlanta sure gave Tampa Bay the no lube job.

steelerfan
09-20-2014, 05:32 AM
I find it very odd that the NFL would script a 56-14 beatdown on Thursday night. First, the game was in primetime. Second, it was not a very sexy bill. Atlanta and Tampa are not huge TV draws. Lastly, the game was on NFL Network and CBS. Why would the NFL want people to turn the channel to something else when they had a bad matchup on 2 networks including their own. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Unless *gasp* it's real.

JBHuskers
09-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Eagles are the first team in NFL history to go 3-0 after trailing by 10+ in each game. WOW!

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Go fuck yourself defense.

souljahbill
09-21-2014, 07:00 PM
What a well written game between Denver and Seattle. Bravo NFL! Better than the Super Bowl script.

Rudy
09-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Go fuck yourself Miami.

Simple and perfect.

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Simple and perfect.

:D It's one of those great one size fits all phrases.

Rudy
09-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Joe Philbin: "You cannot expect to win a lot of games when you're only touchdown drive is 19 yards."

Philbin has consistently tried to build the entire offense around a great QB like he had in Aaron Rodgers. He doesn't have one - not even close! Tannehill is flat out average at best. He's not a top 16 QB and will need to be replaced. And yet they continue to run shotgun all the time and throw it twice as much as running it. They are averaging 5.2 yards per carry and yet they keep expecting avg Tanny to lead them to victory. Great QBs mask problems on your team. Ryan exposes them along with himself. They do have injuries but the Dolphins are paying their receivers more than any other team! And yet they are last in explosive plays and first in drops! Bravo you giant pieces of crap!

And I just bought tickets at Ford Field for the Lions game. To top it all off this team has been very flat the last 2 weeks showing no balls and no heart.

steelerfan
09-23-2014, 12:11 AM
http://deadspin.com/report-rob-bironas-tried-running-someone-off-the-road-1637956350

JBHuskers
09-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Da Bears continue to impress me with the next man up on defense with all the injuries that are occurring. People are stepping up.

steelerfan
09-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Funny that the Canada Bowl is being played in London.

Dolphins (Rudy) vs Raiders (jaymo)

Rudy
09-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Funny that the Canada Bowl is being played in London.

Dolphins (Rudy) vs Raiders (jaymo)

Tannehill played well and we got a needed and expected win. Sorry Jaymo, that Raider team needs some work. Now for the bye week. Should get Pouncey back along with suspended Dion Jordan and Reshad Jones. Probably Knowshon Moreno and G Shelley Smith. Randy Starks back, Misi's ankle and Clays knee should be better. Tons of injuries right now.

JeffHCross
10-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

steelerfan
10-12-2014, 04:13 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/12/b74bf50e6fd9d656115b5e6be31daa1a.jpg

JeffHCross
10-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Alright, I'm lost. Explain the Big Boy.

Rudy
10-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Dolphins suffered a tough loss. So did the Raiders. Some good close games. I was rooting for Sparano and the Raiders. Sparano is a good guy. A tough coach who coaches up a tough team who the players respect. He's not the smartest guy in the room and he's normally too conservative (his biggest flaw, he should never be an OC) but he's a good guy I can respect.

jaymo76
10-13-2014, 12:48 AM
Dolphins suffered a tough loss. So did the Raiders. Some good close games. I was rooting for Sparano and the Raiders. Sparano is a good guy. A tough coach who coaches up a tough team who the players respect. He's not the smartest guy in the room and he's normally too conservative (his biggest flaw, he should never be an OC) but he's a good guy I can respect.

Oh that Raiders game was devastating! I thought they were going to pull it out but as soon as Oakland got across the 50 I just had a bad feeling that Carr was going to put it up and when I saw the deep pass I thought... "oh crap." I like Sporano and I wish him luck... with this team he is going to need it!

As to another topic... what is the deal with Pittsburgh? Ouch!

steelerfan
10-13-2014, 03:16 AM
Oh that Raiders game was devastating! I thought they were going to pull it out but as soon as Oakland got across the 50 I just had a bad feeling that Carr was going to put it up and when I saw the deep pass I thought... "oh crap." I like Sporano and I wish him luck... with this team he is going to need it!

As to another topic... what is the deal with Pittsburgh? Ouch!
Pittsburgh is not good, Cleveland is decent. Pretty simple, really.

JBHuskers
10-14-2014, 08:57 AM
When I put together a top 5 power poll, this definitely wouldn't be how I pictured it at the start of the season.

1. Dallas
2. San Diego
3. Philadelphia
4. Arizona
5. Indy / Seattle

steelerfan
10-14-2014, 10:22 AM
When I put together a top 5 power poll, this definitely wouldn't be how I pictured it at the start of the season.

1. Dallas
2. San Diego
3. Philadelphia
4. Arizona
5. Indy / Seattle
That's fucked up because this guy I know has the NFL script and he said that the Cardinals would be terrible this year (and some preseason injuries confirmed that notion for him) because they are hosting the Super Bowl. He says the NFL won't let you host a Super Bowl and play in it.

Of course, he also says he likes "Hanes my way". Hanes being the socks and by his way, I think he means masturbating furiously into them.

souljahbill
10-14-2014, 11:16 AM
That's fucked up because this guy I know has the NFL script and he said that the Cardinals would be terrible this year (and some preseason injuries confirmed that notion for him) because they are hosting the Super Bowl. He says the NFL won't let you host a Super Bowl and play in it.

Of course, he also says he likes "Hanes my way". Hanes being the socks and by his way, I think he means masturbating furiously into them.

Is it the guy who said that this is the year of the Broncos? He said Manning is riding off into the sunset with a storybook ending according to the script.

JBHuskers
10-14-2014, 12:37 PM
I left Denver off because well the Jets almost beat them :D

JBHuskers
10-14-2014, 12:37 PM
I think it's safe to say that Mike Goldberg should stick to UFC and not the NFL :D

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/mike-goldberg-handle-criticism-well-nfl-fox-debut.html

Rudy
10-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Knowshon Moreno done with an ACL.

skipwondah33
10-14-2014, 01:03 PM
I left Denver off because well the Jets almost beat them :DAlmost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Given their injuries and suspensions, San Francisco beat two teams on that list..and were winning against a 3rd before falling asleep at halftime.

JBHuskers
10-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Dax Prescott intends on entering the draft next year, but an anonymous GM in the league says he needs one more year in college.

JeffHCross
10-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Dax Prescott intends on entering the draft next year, but an anonymous GM in the league says he needs one more year in college.Go out on top, get that NFL contract, and sit on the bench for a few years raking in the money.

JeffHCross
10-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Don't know how to embed this: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11697686

Rick Reilly tells how Rams rookie safety Maurice Alexander was once a janitor at the Edward Jones Dome he now plays in.

Rudy
10-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Shocked to see Harvin traded so soon. Gave up a ton to get him and then dump him. Reports were him and Russell did not get along. They will need the money for Russ' extension but this was a surprise.

Rudy
10-18-2014, 07:05 AM
I guess Harvin got in fights with teammates and refused to go back in the Dallas game. A general douschebag apparently.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/18/reports-harvin-fought-teammates-took-himself-out-on-sunday/

JeffHCross
10-18-2014, 11:25 AM
I guess Harvin got in fights with teammates and refused to go back in the Dallas game. A general douschebag apparently.The number of prima donnas that Urban Meyer had at Florida is starting to concern me, just because of what that could mean for Ohio State. Though he didn't have that same problem at Utah and Bowling Green, so maybe it was also about the circumstances of recruiting to Florida vice other schools.

jaymo76
10-18-2014, 02:05 PM
I guess Harvin got in fights with teammates and refused to go back in the Dallas game. A general douschebag apparently.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/18/reports-harvin-fought-teammates-took-himself-out-on-sunday/

Harvin gone is the best thing to happen to Seattle. Now they can get back to ground and pound. It's the Hawks recipe for success.

JeffHCross
10-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Rams just ran a fake punt return where one returner set up on one side of the field and acted like the punt came there, when the real returner was set up across the field. 86 yard touchdown.

I can't remember who did that a few years ago. (Ed: It was the Bears.)

CLW
10-19-2014, 01:44 PM
The number of prima donnas that Urban Meyer had at Florida is starting to concern me, just because of what that could mean for Ohio State. Though he didn't have that same problem at Utah and Bowling Green, so maybe it was also about the circumstances of recruiting to Florida vice other schools.

Yeah because THE Ohio St. didn't have prima donnas back in the day....

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Maurice-Clarett_1.jpg

JeffHCross
10-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Yeah because THE Ohio St. didn't have prima donnas back in the day....Not saying we didn't.

JeffHCross
10-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Rams with a fake punt!!!!! What a gutsy call, 4th down, deep in Saint Louis territory, with under 3 minutes to go!

Rams hold on to win by 2 over Seattle!

And I'm sure ram will have plenty to say about this game.

gschwendt
10-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Rams with a fake punt!!!!! What a gutsy call, 4th down, deep in Saint Louis territory, with under 3 minutes to go!

Rams hold on to win by 2 over Seattle!

And I'm sure ram will have plenty to say about this game.
They only won to prevent rioting in Chillicothe, MO.

SmoothPancakes
10-19-2014, 07:06 PM
They only won to prevent rioting in Chillicothe, MO.

Nicely played!

Rudy
10-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Dolphins with a huge win in Chicago. Tannehill with the best game of his career.

JBHuskers
10-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Talk about from the penthouse to the outhouse. Kirk Cousins benched for Colt McCoy until RG III is ready.

steelerfan
10-21-2014, 03:19 AM
Houston, Texas. Suck my dick.

JBHuskers
10-21-2014, 09:03 AM
That'll take a while. What is their population?

SmoothPancakes
10-21-2014, 09:34 AM

steelerfan
10-21-2014, 02:39 PM
ESPN - Breaking: Cowboys waive Michael Sam, who was first openly *** player drafted in NFL, from practice squad

PLEASE, Packers.