gschwendt
08-11-2014, 10:24 AM

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Well, that definitively settles that.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

steelerfan
08-11-2014, 11:06 AM
I wonder if demos are going away in EA Sports titles altogether.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

JeffHCross
08-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

oweb26
08-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Officially no madden for me.

GatorfanStovy
08-11-2014, 11:59 AM
NOO! I wanted to at least get a taste for it. Oh well. 2 more weeks people!

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 12:13 PM
I play the demo maybe once and that's it, so it's not a big deal for me.

souljahbill
08-11-2014, 12:14 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/12/9y3udy6u.jpg

jaymo76
08-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Hate to be right on this one but things were just adding up to not seeing a demo. I fully expect however that a move like this will be a real cash cow for EA as a lot of xbox people will drop the $5 or $30 for the year to buy EA ACCESS to try the game out. I suspect this move is 100% financial.

souljahbill
08-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Hate to be right on this one but things were just adding up to not seeing a demo. I fully expect however that a move like this will be a real cash cow for EA as a lot of xbox people will drop the $5 or $30 for the year to buy EA ACCESS to try the game out. I suspect this move is 100% financial.

Spend money to build a demo or earn money letting people play early?

Easy decision.

jaymo76
08-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Spend money to build a demo or earn money letting people play early?

Easy decision.

Agreed. This just makes Sony saying "no" to Access so much more difficult as I would have no problem dropping $30 for the year to try out all the sports titles as I usually buy all of them (with the exception of UFC).

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I'd pay $5 to play the full game instead of the demo...with limited teams

That's worth it alone. And if it is a time limited subscription model (I haven't read much about the EA Access thing honestly), still worth it because I don't play the demo about 2-3 times because I don't care for playing CPU...and limited teams of course.

I OU a Beatn
08-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Agreed. This just makes Sony saying "no" to Access so much more difficult as I would have no problem dropping $30 for the year to try out all the sports titles as I usually buy all of them (with the exception of UFC).

That amount of backlash that Sony is about to receive if EA is no longer offering demos due to EA Access will be enormous - probably enough to get them to quickly change their minds and allow EA Access on their platform.

I honestly have no problem with this. I'd much prefer paying $30 a year for 3 or 4 days of FULL access rather than a 15 minute demo where I can't even tinker with any settings.

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 02:06 PM
That amount of backlash that Sony is about to receive if EA is no longer offering demos due to EA Access will be enormous - probably enough to get them to quickly change their minds and allow EA Access on their platform.

I honestly have no problem with this. I'd much prefer paying $30 a year for 3 or 4 days of FULL access rather than a 15 minute demo where I can't even tinker with any settings.

That is usually an old build anyways.

steelerfan
08-11-2014, 02:15 PM

Me too.

WolverineJay
08-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Disappointed for all PS3 and 360 owners who have yet to move on to the next gen systems. EA has released zero info on the last gen version of M15 and a demo would help confirm it plays much better than M25 on those systems.

I get that they want to promote the shiny new systems, but a great deal of gamers still only play on PS3 and 360 and it sure feels like they are being neglected. A Madden 15 demo would have helped prove that the last gen games aren't just roster updates. I was looking forward to testing the improved defense and tuned pass accuracy but now I'll have to wait until after the 26th to watch PS3 video to see if the differences made it into last gen. Again I'm disappointed but not surprised since it was already written on the wall with how EA has marketed M15 this year.

gschwendt
08-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Comment from EA:
"The difficult decision not to do a demo for Madden was strictly a result of the team's commitment to deliver the highest-quality game possible. We chose to put 100 percent of our development resources toward the full game."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/5991063/madden-nfl-15-no-demo-ea-access

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Disappointed for all PS3 and 360 owners who have yet to move on to the next gen systems. EA has released zero info on the last gen version of M15 and a demo would help confirm it plays much better than M25 on those systems.

I get that they want to promote the shiny new systems, but a great deal of gamers still only play on PS3 and 360 and it sure feels like they are being neglected. A Madden 15 demo would have helped prove that the last gen games aren't just roster updates. I was looking forward to testing the improved defense and tuned pass accuracy but now I'll have to wait until after the 26th to watch PS3 video to see if the differences made it into last gen. Again I'm disappointed but not surprised since it was already written on the wall with how EA has marketed M15 this year.Actually I felt it was written on the wall last year with Madden 25 on PS3.

It had no support and only 1 patch (CFM injury patch I believe) as they were clearly focused on the next-gen release of 25. From most I have heard from the gameplay were very different between the two..and of course the next-gen versions had support.

Once I experienced that I already knew there was no way I'd be getting it for PS3...and this was before I even bought my PS4.

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 03:38 PM

I get that they want to promote the shiny new systems, but a great deal of gamers still only play on PS3 and 360 and it sure feels like they are being neglected. A Madden 15 demo would have helped prove that the last gen games aren't just roster updates. I was looking forward to testing the improved defense and tuned pass accuracy but now I'll have to wait until after the 26th to watch PS3 video to see if the differences made it into last gen. Again I'm disappointed but not surprised since it was already written on the wall with how EA has marketed M15 this year.

Unfortunately that is just the world we're in. The next thing is already here and in version two of the series, in regards to Madden.

gigemaggs99
08-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Actually I felt it was written on the wall last year with Madden 25 on PS3.

It had no support and only 1 patch (CFM injury patch I believe) as they were clearly focused on the next-gen release of 25. From most I have heard from the gameplay were very different between the two..and of course the next-gen versions had support.

Once I experienced that I already knew there was no way I'd be getting it for PS3...and this was before I even bought my PS4.

Well BOOOOOOOO, I am still on the fence about a PS4. I have my PS3 and really enjoy it. I want the new Madden, was actually thinking about getting a used copy of Madden 25 for PS3 but everywhere I go I read that NCAA 14 was a better football game. So I figured, ok I'll wait until Madden 15 comes out on PS3 and just it. I have a hard time making the choice between:

$60 for Madden 15 on PS3 vs $400 for a PS4 + $60 for Madden 15 on PS4, the $400 is a big knock when trying to explain it to the boss (a.k.a. wife).

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Well BOOOOOOOO, I am still on the fence about a PS4. I have my PS3 and really enjoy it. I want the new Madden, was actually thinking about getting a used copy of Madden 25 for PS3 but everywhere I go I read that NCAA 14 was a better football game.They both are nearly the same in terms of Defense...there isn't hardly any lol

That and the AI gets stupid in terms of defending the Read Option...which I believe broke the game.

Case in point, I've seen a DE on the Toss side of a toss play choose to Contain the QB like he's playing option even though the ball had already been tossed (and of course it was no option play.

And I've also ran for 130 yards with Tom Brady on 30 carries strictly running nothing but Read Option and keeping the ball every single play with him. Friend and I were testing it out and he knew I was using read option and keeping ball with Brady every play. On All-Madden and wasn't like he didn't know what he was doing haha.

Just think NCAA has more variation of it and it's easier to run with it..

CLW
08-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Yep. GameFly only for me. #1 in my queue and I'll get it by Friday of release. Get the :plat: in a week or 2 and then either join a TGT franchise or mail it back in. I'll save my $60 for better quality games.

Rudy
08-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Well BOOOOOOOO, I am still on the fence about a PS4. I have my PS3 and really enjoy it. I want the new Madden, was actually thinking about getting a used copy of Madden 25 for PS3 but everywhere I go I read that NCAA 14 was a better football game. So I figured, ok I'll wait until Madden 15 comes out on PS3 and just it. I have a hard time making the choice between:

$60 for Madden 15 on PS3 vs $400 for a PS4 + $60 for Madden 15 on PS4, the $400 is a big knock when trying to explain it to the boss (a.k.a. wife).

Amen brother. Money is a bit tight right now. I can't justify that jump just for Madden. I'd be really pissed if I didn't like it either. Still looks like 2015 for me.

I preferred NCAA 14 over M25 last year myself. M25 disappointed me. I'd like to have a demo.

bdoughty
08-11-2014, 05:58 PM
M25 disappointed me. I'd like to have a demo.

I was so disappointed by Madden 25 that I know Madden 15 can't get any worse, so my pre-order stays at Amazon. Like JB, I rarely spend any significant time with demos. I get more entertainment out of the OS thread about not having a demo than I would actually playing one. ;) Plus the Zero Tolerance policy took effect today at OS. A perfect storm. Pink usernames as far as they eye can see.

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 06:07 PM
:D

Speaking of which my game is paid for at Gamestop which counts as a pre order for MUT stuff.

I don't play that mode so whoever wants them let me know

Got the PS4 version if that matters.

gigemaggs99
08-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Amen brother. Money is a bit tight right now. I can't justify that jump just for Madden. I'd be really pissed if I didn't like it either. Still looks like 2015 for me.

I preferred NCAA 14 over M25 last year myself. M25 disappointed me. I'd like to have a demo.

My buddy called and there is some sort of a XBox1 bundle deal with the new madden, basically sounds like you get Madden for free. It's all a marketing deal though, I'd still need to purchase a 2nd controller so my son can play with me (the 2nd controller is $59.99+tax). So it looks like the bundle would save the cost of the game.

Link to bundle:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/bundles/madden-15/home

Link to 2nd controller:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.282896000?srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=32-388724313-2&WT.mc_id=US_datafeed_Google

The biggest thing now is, do I want to make the jump to Xbox1 from PS3? I've had a lot of machines, NES, Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, XBOX360 and PS3. I've always liked the Playstation controller better than the Xbox, however now when I read online I hear not so good things about the PS4 controller, ergonomics and durability. I'm sure if I do enough searching I can find people that will complain about everything, including the Xbox1 controller but I do read that some people say they prefer the Xbox1 controller over the PS4, saying it feels more like the PS3 controller AND it doesn't have the durability issues of the PS4. Now are the people that have problems with the PS4 controller hard on their stuff? Do they not take care of their things? Seems hard to figure out when there are other factors to consider.

I'm anal, I take care of my things. Gamestop always asks me if I want the warranty protection plan on games I buy, I always laugh and say no thanks. If the game isn't in the machine it's in the case. When I trade games in, they are always amazed, they want to know if I played them. I sure did play them, I just didn't also use them as coasters or frisbees.

So, my question is, and maybe this should be in another section. Would ya'll go with a XBOX1 or PS4 and why?

As far as games go, I would play for sure, Madden, Fifa, NHL, the new golf game and the one that EA will hopefully come out with next year...other than that I don't think there are many games that are console specific, I may play something like Tomb Raider but I'm pretty sure it's on both consoles. I mainly play sports games.

I need to do more research, when I had an Xbox360 I had to pay for a subscription to play it online, PS3 has the playstation network that is free, does the Xbox1 require a fee to play/connect to the internet?

Can anyone comment on the Xbox1 controller vs the PS4 pros & cons?

It seemed like on the Xbox360 it also had to load a good majority of the game on the HD, the PS3 seems to play the games directly from the disk, so if the Xbox1 does the same thing then do they come in different HD sizes? What I'm getting at is, I don't want to go out and spend $400 on a PS4 or XBOX1 only to learn I "should have" bought the more expensive/larger HDD one so I could play more games. I'm sure most of these questions could be answer by looking online and research. Just thought I'd ask those here that have had one or both machines as to which they prefer.

I will still keep my PS3, I enjoy playing NCAA 14 and my kids love the Lego games. I'm leaning towards getting a new console, just not sure as to which is better for me...

Thanks for any input, suggestions, etc..

Happy Gaming,
Gus

Rudy
08-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Gus, you have to pay for online for both PS4 and Xbox1. The Madden bundle is a really good deal but I want Uncharted, Last of Us, the show as options on PS4 which is $450 in Canada Plus 13% tax. Ouch! (And I need a second controller too).

Rudy
08-11-2014, 06:22 PM
I was so disappointed by Madden 25 that I know Madden 15 can't get any worse, so my pre-order stays at Amazon. Like JB, I rarely spend any significant time with demos. I get more entertainment out of the OS thread about not having a demo than I would actually playing one. ;) Plus the Zero Tolerance policy took effect today at OS. A perfect storm. Pink usernames as far as they eye can see.

OS is ridiculous with their quick trigger bans IMO. I find many are over ridiculous things. One guy got banned for suggesting Sony didn't allow EA Access over a money squabble. Mod demanded link for proof or ban then banned him. Over the top. Depends on the mod. Some are cool, others brutal.

gigemaggs99
08-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Gus, you have to pay for online for both PS4 and Xbox1. The Madden bundle is a really good deal but I want Uncharted, Last of Us, the show as options on PS4 which is $450 in Canada Plus 13% tax. Ouch! (And I need a second controller too).

Ok, to clarify, the PS4 requires a fee to play online? Do you have to have an internet connection? What I mean is can you play the games offline? I understand then they won't download updates and stuff, but if all I want to do is play the offline line modes do I still need to pay for the online stuff for either?

I can see that it will be a harder sell for the "boss" if it's $399 for the console and game bundle (xbox1) then a monthly or yearly fee for the online part, then an extra fee for another controller, headset, etc....going to add up fast.... :(

jaymo76
08-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Ok, to clarify, the PS4 requires a fee to play online? Do you have to have an internet connection? What I mean is can you play the games offline? I understand then they won't download updates and stuff, but if all I want to do is play the offline line modes do I still need to pay for the online stuff for either?

I can see that it will be a harder sell for the "boss" if it's $399 for the console and game bundle (xbox1) then a monthly or yearly fee for the online part, then an extra fee for another controller, headset, etc....going to add up fast.... :(

Yes, you don't need constant internet connection on PS4. However, you don't need it on the 1 anymore either. My .02c I LOVE MY PS4! I also really like the controller. Another huge benefit... THE SHOW is an amazing game!. Really you cannot go wrong with either system though. It's a personal choice. I would go to your local best buy and actually hold the controllers/look at the systems and see which one you like.

Bottom line is that neither system is cheap. PS Plus is like $50 for a year so it's not too bad. I'm not sure how much xbox gold costs.

Rudy
08-11-2014, 06:41 PM
I will be buying M15 blind I guess. I had it pre-ordered but it makes me nervous since there have been no gameplay impressions on last gen, no demo and I didn't like last year. I was most bothered by how easy it was to run inside and horrid WR awareness, especially near the sideline. I found this better on NCAA 14 and since those guys are doing M15 I have hope. Madden as been awful easy against CPU last 2 years.

bdoughty
08-11-2014, 06:43 PM
I will still keep my PS3, I enjoy playing NCAA 14 and my kids love the Lego games. I'm leaning towards getting a new console, just not sure as to which is better for me...

Thanks for any input, suggestions, etc..

Happy Gaming,
Gus

As someone who has owned both.

Graphics - PS4 - Not a big jump and with EA being cozy with MS, I doubt you will see any difference in EA Sports games.
User Interface - No Winners - They both have them and I am not a fan of either. I do find the PS4 easier to navigate. MS has spent more time updating their UI.
Controller - XB1 - Still the king, the placement of the analog sticks, the triggers are much better and they have feedback. I do like the touchpad on the PS4 but the battery life sucks.
Games - PS4 if you like Naughty Dog/Baseball - XB1 if you like Halo.

For me it came down to exclusive games. There are no real baseball games on the XB1 (RBI 14 is actually worse than the Tecmo Bowl remake). I love Naughty Dog games and the Hot Shots Golf Series to name a few.

One other little thing to remember with the Madden Bundle, that Xbox has been a wee bit misleading in their marketing. You do not get an actual disc. It is a digital download. They like to show what appears to be a box for the game but that is simply for show.

Edit: Forgot to add that PS+ is a better value than XBL due to getting higher quality free games and better discounts.

I OU a Beatn
08-11-2014, 06:55 PM

It comes down to what games you're interested in and which system your friends play the most.

The graphics, especially on sports games like Madden and FIFA, are going to look exactly the same. Neither console requires a subscription or constant connection unless you actually want to play online, and then they both require a subscription.

To me, the Xbox One controller is way better than the Dualshock 4. The triggers are leagues better on the Xbox One controller, the analog sticks are better, and the battery life is much, much better. It does take regular batteries(where as the DS4 has a built in rechargeable battery), but you could also use rechargeable batteries or get the $25 battery pack + charging cable.

As for games, depends on what you like to play. If you play stuff like Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, go with Sony. If you like Halo, Gears of War, Forza, go with Microsoft.

As for the online services, the voice chat is MUCH clearer on Xbox One. First party titles on Xbox One also have dedicated servers, so you're pretty well assured a lag free online experience when you're playing first party shooters or games online.

You honestly can't go wrong with either one. It all comes down to preference. For me, I love the Xbox One controller, the feature of Live, and the fact that they have competitive shooters like Halo/Gears. I also prefer playing sports games on Xbox One because the triggers feel much better to me. They're both well worth the $400, though. The Madden bundle is a fantastic deal.

gigemaggs99
08-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Thank you for the replies, you know me...I have more questions...

This Xbox1 bundle, if the Madden is a digital copy then I assume you have to download it to the HDD? What happens (on my XBOX360 I got the red rings of death, they sent me a new machine) but what happens if I get something like that? Will I still have Madden or will it be gone? I'd kinda rather have the physical disk for this reason.

Thank you for the idea of trying them both out, I'll head up to best buy and see which one feels better.

Rudy
08-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Do any of the new systems play games off the disc or is everything transferred and played from the HDD?

bdoughty
08-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Thank you for the replies, you know me...I have more questions...

This Xbox1 bundle, if the Madden is a digital copy then I assume you have to download it to the HDD? What happens (on my XBOX360 I got the red rings of death, they sent me a new machine) but what happens if I get something like that? Will I still have Madden or will it be gone? I'd kinda rather have the physical disk for this reason.

It has to be fully downloaded to the HD, guessing a 15-20GB download (Pretty sure Madden 25 was like 12GB). Your download history is tied to your username, which you would restore on the new machine. You would be able to download it again.

steelerfan
08-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Gus, as I'm sure is the case with Xbox, on PSN any game you download is linked to your account. Therefore, if you had to get a new system all of your games could be downloaded again (at no cost) to the new system once you logged into your account.

bdoughty
08-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Do any of the new systems play games off the disc or is everything transferred and played from the HDD?

Everything is installed to hard drive on both systems. Another area where the PS4 has the advantage as you can start most games almost instantly (MLB the Show being an exception as they apparently let some monkeys from the San Diego Zoo handle the optimization of installing. You can get into the game pretty quick mind you but there is little to do, outside of wondering why the load time takes forever). The XB1 takes much longer to get to that point and they also have some awfully large patch files. Pretty much a 180 from last gen where the PS3 was the pain in the ass.

I OU a Beatn
08-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Everything is installed to hard drive on both systems. Another area where the PS4 has the advantage as you can start most games almost instantly (MLB the Show being an exception as they apparently let some monkeys from the San Diego Zoo handle the optimization of installing. You can get into the game pretty quick mind you but there is little to do). The XB1 takes much longer to get to that point and they also have some awfully large patch files. Pretty much a 180 from last gen where the PS3 was the pain in the ass.

They both have enormous patches for some games. So stupid. The patches were so small on 360 that I got spoiled.

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 09:04 PM
:D

Speaking of which my game is paid for at Gamestop which counts as a pre order for MUT stuff.

I don't play that mode so whoever wants them let me know

Got the PS4 version if that matters.

I'll take it man.

bdoughty
08-11-2014, 09:12 PM
I'll take it man.

You can also have my code from my Amazon pre-order.

Pre-order Bonus: Pre-order the Standard Edition of Madden NFL 15 and receive $15 of Madden Ultimate Team Content. **Code will be emailed within two days after your order ships

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 09:13 PM
You can also have my code from my Amazon pre-order.

Pre-order Bonus: Pre-order the Standard Edition of Madden NFL 15 and receive $15 of Madden Ultimate Team Content. **Code will be emailed within two days after your order ships

:up:

I'll take it!