PDA

View Full Version : Jaymo's MLB The Show Blue Jays Franchise

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 02:20 PM

Welcome to Jaymo's MLB The Show Franchise Thread

I have decided to take over as manager of the Toronto Blue Jays. The goal is to return the club to the greatness of the teams in the early 1990's, especially 1992 and 1993 when the Jays repeated as World Series Champions.

The team itself is solid but does it have what it takes to make it into the playoffs, much less the World Series. In that question, only time will tell.

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 02:32 PM
The Blue Jays have some decent depth on their AAA farm club. The triple A team affiliate is the Buffalo Bisons. They play out of the International League North Division.

The AA affiliate squad is the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. They play in the Eastern Division of the Eastern League. This team has far less depth than I would like.

Building further depth through the farm system will be the Blue Jays key to success.

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Budget-wse the jays are in fine shape. They have $9.63 million at their disposal.

First step was to address the scouting situation. The Jays didn't have enough of a presence is all areas of the US. After one move, there is better representation.

Scouts:

Jim McGowan : EAST
Douglas Diehl: WEST
Travis Yang: CENTRAL *(new)
Matt Castilla: INTERNATIONAL

A real push will be made to find international talent. Pitching and outfielders are a major focus to start the season.

The coaching staff will remain intact for now. However, the pitching coach is on the hot seat. Jaymo is not opposed to making a move during the season if need be.

Coaches:

manger: John Gibbons
hitting: Alex Agee
pitching: Pete Walker
1st: Cooper Finnegan
3rd: Luis Rivera
Farm: Dominic Shipp

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 02:54 PM
After a mediocre Spring Training, the Blue jays kick off the regular season on the road versus the Tampa Bay Rays. There are currently no injuries as Todd Redmond, who was injured in pre-season returns to the roster for opening day. In order to meet the roster requirements a few moves were made.

C Josh Thole optioned to AAA Buffalo
CF Andres Aybar sent from AAA Buffalo to AA New Hampshire

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 02:58 PM
2014 Blue Jays starting pitchers

R R.A. Dickey
R Brandon Morrow
L Mark Buehrle
R Todd Redmond
L. J.A. Happ

The key relievers will be:

LRP Chad Jenkins
MRP Aaron Loup

Righty Steve Delabar will be the main set-up man and the closer will be Casey Janssen.

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Blue Jays 2014 starting lineup

1. SS Jose Reyes
2. LF Melky Cabrera
3. DH Edwin Encarnacion
4. RF Jose Bautista
5. 1B Adam Lind
6. 3B Brett Lawrie
7. C Erik Kratz
8. CF Colby Rasmus
9. 2B Maicer Izturis

Catcher Dionner Navarro and Erik Kratz will split duties pretty much down the middle.

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Game 1: Blue Jays @ Rays (Dickey vs. Price)

The Jays win their first game of the season by a score of 6-3. Behind the arm of Dickey the Jays put together a monster performance.

Dickey was player of the game

7 IP
5 H
2 R
2 ER
1 BB
9 SO
2.57 era

The first inning was key to the game as Cabrera, Encarnacion, and Laurie all hit homers (Laurie had a runner on) to give the Blue Jays a 4-0 lead. Turned out that was all that was needed for the win.

2B Izturis had a monster game as he went 3/4 including 1 homerun.

The only concern today was the relief pitching from Delabar and Janssen. They both gave up hits in the last two innings. Delabar posted a 9.00 era... brutal!

The Jays outhit the Rays 12-8. All the Toronto players except Navarro and Lind had hits. Lawrie had a little trouble at third, committing one error and struggling on two other plays. That is something that will be monitored.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4828466

jaymo76
08-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Ended up playing thhe entire Jays-Rays series tonight. Never had any interest in Tampa Bay but after this incredibly hard fought series I have a new level of "hatred" and respect. The Jays ended up winning the series but every game was a challenge

Game 2: TB 4 TOR 3
* Myers hit a one on two out walkoff homerun to win the game

Game 3: TOR 4 TB 1
* Archer was pulled in the 7th... he had a 1.25 era... his relievers blew it

Game 4: TOR 3 TB 2
* outstanding pitching by Todd Redmond of the jays helped get the win.

series notes:

-Jays pitching held TB to a .220 batting avg.
-Jays batters hit .266 for the series
-Reyes led the Jays with 7 hits, Cabrerra and Izturis had 6 a piece-Encarnacion hit 2 homeruns this series
-Cabrera leads the team with 4 RBI
-Jays pitchers walked 16 Rays batters
-Izturis had a slugging % of .846!!!
-Izturis had an on base % of .533
-Mark Buerhle had an era of 1.80
-Casey Janssen had 2 saves (and 1 blown save)
-Morrow and Buehrle gave up the fewest hits with 4 a piece
-Dickey and Morrow both had 9 strikeouts a piece
-Izturis has the hightest hitting avg. at .462
-the only Jay who didn't see the field was SS Munenori Kawasaki

jaymo76
08-06-2014, 04:03 AM
Jays win 3-2 versus the Yankees in game one of the Jays first home-stand. The real story of the game was pitcher J.A. Happ

6.1 innings
1 hit
10 strike outs
0 walks

The only reason he gave up a hit is because he has hit and injured. He put down 19 straight batters including six straight strike outs. The guy was on fire and he had a real chance of having a perfect game.

jaymo76
08-06-2014, 04:04 AM
So five games in let's check out the AL East

Blue Jays 4-1
Red Sox 2-2 (1.5gb)
Rays 2-3 (2gb)
Orioles 1-3 (2.5gb)
Yankees 1-3 (2.5gb)

steelerfan
08-06-2014, 04:36 AM
You know that I'll be following along. Good luck!

jaymo76
08-06-2014, 02:42 PM
You know that I'll be following along. Good luck!

Haven't decided how many games I will play versus sim. Honestly I would love to play every game just to see how things work out but I don't think I have 162 games in me. I may play series that I find interesting OR another option will be playing the games of my favourite pitcher which right now is J.A. Happ. This guy is beastly. I want to see how well he can do. I suspect however that things will be getting much tougher because I am now on the high end of veteran in my dynamic settings. The better I get the harder the game is getting.

jaymo76
08-08-2014, 04:34 AM
Game 6 of the season Yankees @ Jays...

I don't want to talk about it. YANKEES 18 BLUE JAYS 4

Yup that's right... the Yankees scored 18 runs on 15 hits. Did I mention the 5 homeruns and 2 grand slams??? Dickey didn't get out of the 2nd inning as it was already 6-0 Yankees. Worst...game...ever!!!

steelerfan
08-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Game 6 of the season Yankees @ Jays...

I don't want to talk about it. YANKEES 18 BLUE JAYS 4

Yup that's right... the Yankees scored 18 runs on 15 hits. Did I mention the 5 homeruns and 2 grand slams??? Dickey didn't get out of the 2nd inning as it was already 6-0 Yankees. Worst...game...ever!!!
Ouch! The good news is that there's another game tomorrow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

jaymo76
08-12-2014, 01:06 AM
The rubber match of the Yankees-Jays series was a great game. It featured an outstanding pitcher duel

Sabathia (0-0) vs. Morrow (0-0)

The Jays won game three of the series by a score of 2-1. All of the runs for Toronto were scored in the second inning. The Yanks scored 1 run in the bottom of the third.

Sabathia went six innings giving up 7 hits but had no walks and 11 strike outs. The real genious though, Morrow had a complete game going 9 innings and only giving up 3 hits. He also recored 10 strike outs but on a negative he had 5 walks. Morrow completed the game with 137 pitches.

Jeter left the game with an MCL ijury. It's not clear how long he will be out for N.Y. Update: it was only a pulled hamstring and he will be out 6-10 days.

The Jays have started the season strong. Next up is a 3 game homestand versus the Houston Astros, who are also off to a hot start at 4-2.

jaymo76
08-12-2014, 04:09 AM
The Astros travel north for a three game series versus Toronto.

Mark Buerhle pitched a jewel of a game going 8 full innings. He had a rough start giving up three hits and two runs in the first inning but settled down and shut the Astros out for the next seven innings. Janssen got the save. The Astros were up 2-0 and then the Jays battled back to tie the game. However, in the 8th inning, Colby Rasmus blasted a two run homer to give the Jays a 4-2 lead.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4888710 (innings 8 & 9 + highlights)

jaymo76
08-14-2014, 04:08 AM
Game two of the Astros series saw a matchup of Williams vs. Redmond. Redmond got the better of Williams giving up one run in the first inning and five hits for seven innings of work. The Jays ended up winning 5-1. Encarnacion, Lawrie, and Rasmus all hit homeruns. For Rasmus it was deja vu as he did the same thing in the 8th today as he did yesterday.

With that the Jays go to an impressive 7-2 while Houston falls to 4-5. Tomorrow features J.A Happ versus Brad Peacock. Can Happ continue what he started in his last game? That was impressive as he currently has a 0.00 era.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4905265 (innings 8+9 and highlights)

jaymo76
08-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Game three of the Astros series and the cpu decided on payback!

In the 4th inning, the Stros had 8 hits for 8 runs. Of course I forgot to mention the SIX ERRORS by the Jays in the inning!!! I'm not actually joking... 6 freakin errors!!! Let's not forget the grand slam in the mix...

J.A. Happ didn'thave it early. He could not hit the strike zone in warm up and that should have been a sign. By the 4th he was done. By the bottom of the 4th it was 9-0 Astros. Astros pitcher Brad Peacock had a no hitter going into the 8th inning. Then he got rocked giving up 5 hits and 4 runs. Going into the 9th the Jays battled back to make it 9-6. Jesse Crain came in and on his first pitch he gave up a homerun to Kawasaki. 9-7. Reyes then gets a single to get on base. With that though, Crain shuts the door ad moes down the next three batters.

The Astros win 9-7 in a wild one at Skydome.

The Jays now sit at 7-3 while the Astros improve to 5-5 and end their 3 game skid. The Jays now hit the road for 9 straight, beginning in Baltimore tomorrow night.

jaymo76
08-15-2014, 12:19 AM
So after 10 games the Blue Jays are playing well. There are however some concerns.

#1 R.A Dickey has struggled with a 7.56 era
#2 CP Casey Janssen has a 4.15 era. That doesn't cut it for a CP
#3 Edwin Encarnacion is only batting .162 (though 3 of his 6 hits are HR's)
#4 Jose Bautista in only batting .194
#5 Colby Rasmus is leading the team with 15 strike outs (Bautista has 10)

AL East
Blue Jays 7-3
Red Sox 7-4 (.5gb)
Rays 5-6 (2.5gb)
Orioles 4-5 (2.5gb)
Yankees 3-8 (4.5gb)

jaymo76
08-15-2014, 03:23 AM
Game one of the Jays-Orioles eries was a great one. Except for the fact that Toronto lost, it wasone heck of a defensive game. Dickey went a solid six innings giving up 1 run and 4 hits. Encarnacion had a solo HR in the 5th to tie the game at 1. However, with one on and one out, Loup gave up a double and that drove in the winning run. Baltimore won 2-1

The Jays now sit at 7-4. That's two straight losses. The bats have gone silent. Bautista, Lauire, Lind... invisible!

jaymo76
08-20-2014, 03:28 AM
Game 2 vs. Baltimore at the breathtaking Camden Yards...

The Jays look to end their two game slump and who better then Brendan Morrow to do it. After 2 games pitched he has a 1.76 era and has pitched two gems thus far. His opposition, Miguel Gonzalez comes in with an 11.25 era

Can Morrow keep it up? Thus far he has been on fire!
19k's
10 BB
15 innings

The answer... NO! Morrow did not have a strong outting while Gonzalez was lights out. Morrow gave up a 3 run homer in the 2nd. He finished 5 innings but gave up 6 runs on 5 hits. Gonzalez went 8 full inning and only gave up 4 hits and 2 runs (on a homer by Navarro). The Jays got thumped 7-2. Ouch!

The real problem again today was that the Blue Jays cannot hit the ball. 4 hits for the entire game is pathetic. At one point Gonzalez put out 14 straight batters. On the season the Jays are only hitting at .260 Toronto also leads the league with 114 strike outs (Encarnacion has 11, Lawrie and Lind each have 10).

The Jays have given up 52 runs and 13 homer's. These stats will need to improve. So with the loss the Blue Jays drop to 7-5 and 2nd in the A.L East. The Blue Jays have lost 3 straight while the Orioles have now won 4 in a row.

steelerfan
08-20-2014, 11:53 PM
.260 is not a bad team BA. I'd bet you're in the top half of MLB at .260.

jaymo76
08-21-2014, 12:39 AM
.260 is not a bad team BA. I'd bet you're in the top half of MLB at .260.

I'm tied for 17th. If memory serves I beleive it's Houston who is in last (in the .230 range). The problem for me is more that there are only 3-4 players hitting the ball and they are on fire. Last I checked I had 5 players as ice cold. Reyes is on fire with 12 hits in 12 games while 6 of pmy players are in the .100 range.

steelerfan
08-21-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm tied for 17th. If memory serves I beleive it's Houston who is in last (in the .230 range). The problem for me is more that there are only 3-4 players hitting the ball and they are on fire. Last I checked I had 5 players as ice cold. Reyes is on fire with 12 hits in 12 games while 6 of pmy players are in the .100 range.

It's very early in the season though. Batting averages will rise and plummet quickly until your players have a lot of ABs logged. It will come around. If you stay around .260 as a club, you'll be fine. I believe the Astros hit .248 in my Franchise.

jaymo76
08-21-2014, 04:01 AM
Warm up the bus and get the hell out of Maryland...

The Toronto Blue Jays had the snot kicked out of them (again) in game three vs. Baltimore. This time P Mark Buerhle got rocked for 6 hits, 9 runs and a grand slam. The Jays fall to the O's 9-3. That makes it a sweep by Baltimore and the Jays losing streak growing to 4 straight games.

The only Blue Jays highlights were: 1. Kawasaki hitting a 2 rbi homerun in the 1st inning 2. Encarnacion having two hits in the game, including his 200th homerun of his career.

The Blue Jays gave up 18 runs to the O's while only scoring 6 over the entire series. You cannot win series with those types of stats. Pitching has been the strength of Toronto this season. That was not true in games 2 & 3 of the series. Morrow and Buerhle are two of Toronto's best and they were just lit up this weekend.

Next of the Jays have a road date with the Twins. The Jays are now in 3rd in the A.L. East as they have been leap frogged by Baltimore.

jaymo76
08-25-2014, 11:59 PM
After a day off the Blue Jays arrived in Minnesota to take on the Twins. Toronto has lost four straight and in the process has a number of players on cold streaks. Redmond takes the mound for the Jays trying to improve on his 1-1 record. Runs have difficult for the Jays as of late so Redmond will need to pitch strong.

Final score Toronto 5 Minnesota 0

Redmond had a strong game. He only last six innings but he had 8 strike outs and only allowed one hit. The problem was the he gave up 9 walks and in his last inning walked the bases full before being saved by a double play. The Jays bats came to life as Toronto recorded 10 hits. Izturis had a solo homerun in the 3rd and Cabrerra also hit a long ball in the 8th. Another big moment was an amazing triple by Kratz which brought home Bautista from first.

It was a strong start after some poor play. Let's hope the rest of the series goes the same way. Reyes continues to be on a tear as he records another multi hit game and extends his hitting streak to 14 games.

jaymo76
02-18-2015, 07:11 PM
And the hiatus is over...

Toronto's J.A Happ took to the mound in game two of the Twins series. The Jays started off strong with Maicer Izturis going long in the first inning. Izturis was moved to 3rd in the batting order as he has been on fire as of late. DH Encarcion moved to 8th in the order.

The Jays took a 5-1 lead in the fourth with a big 4 run inning. Happ pitched well until the start of the 7th when he gave up three earned runs. He was pulled for lefty Aaron Loup... who crapped the bed! Loup didn't get out of the inning and when all was said and done it was 7-5 Twins.

The game ended with that score. The Jays were outhit 12-6 and it all pretty much came in the 7th. A brutal loss and with it the Jays fall to 8-7 and in 3rd in the AL EAST.

jaymo76
04-16-2015, 12:58 AM
Game 3 of the Jays-Twins series and it was one for the ages.

Only 11,188 took in the game but they got there money's worth... as the game was 4 hours and 1 minute in length.

The game went 13 innings before the Jays lit up the park with 3 straight runs.

4 10 0
1 3 0

The Twins had a 1-0 lead in the first and then Dickey settled down and only gave up one hit over the next six innings. Deduno for the Twins also went 7 innings giving up 1 run and 3 hits. It was an awesome pitching spectacle!

Toronto's relievers were awesome as McGowan went 3 innings without a hit and then Cecil went 2 without a hit and Janssen came in for the save without giving up a hit. Cecil gets the win but Dickey was player of the game with an outstanding day chucking the ball. It's too bad he didn't get the win (7.0 IP, 3 H, 2 BB 7 K).

Reyes had a double in the 13th to drive in 2 RBI and break the game open. He was o/5 at that point but the hit increased his hit streak. Izturis also increased his hit streak to 9 games.

With the win the Jays take the series 2-1 and move onto 3 in Cleveland. At 9-7 the Jays are .5 back of the rays for the dvision lead.

steelerfan
04-16-2015, 01:19 AM
Sam Deduno is an Astro this year, in reality. He's working out of the pen and has looked good in the little that I've seen him pitch.

Glad to see you back on the horse, buddy. :up:

jaymo76
04-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Tough road trip to Cleveland. The Jays lose the series 2 games to 1.

Game 1: Morrow 1-1 vs Salazar 1-1

TO 1-5-0
CLE 5-8-0

Morrow was off and gave up five runs in five innnings. A HR by Navarro in the 8th was the only offensive punch the Jays had. Ugly loss.

Game 2: Buehrle vs Marcum

TO 7-15-1
CLE 6-14-0

This game was a classic as the Jays get the victory with a Reyes RBI single in the top of the 10th. Both starting pitchers were crap! The game went back and forth. Janssen blew the save in the 9th to tie the game up but TO refused to be denied today.

Game 3: Redmond 3-0 vs Mcallister 0-2

1-7-0
4-3-0

Redmond pitched an excellent game with 10 strikes and he only gave up 2 hits. However, one hit was a grand slam in the 5th. TO left 9 men stranded during the game. No finishing power for TO hitters.

With the series over, TO heads home to play Baltimore. The Jays now sit at 10-9 and 3rd in the AL EAST.

Game 3:

jaymo76
04-19-2015, 12:42 AM
Baltimore arrives in TO for a three game set. The Jays look for revenge as Baltimore already swept Toronto earlier this season.

jaymo76
04-19-2015, 02:21 AM
Another tough series for Toronto as the run production is just dead. Baltimore clearly has Toronto's number this season.

Game 1: Johnson 1-1 vs Happ 1-1

BAL 3-3-0
TO 2-5-3
Happ went 8 full innings giving up 3 runs on three hits (a homerun in the 1st). Toronto could do nothing to help out on offense. The game was there for the taking but there is zero run production going on vs Baltimore this season.

Game 2: Gonzalez 1-3 vs Dickey 1-1

BAL 4-7-0
TO 0-7-0

Zero offense as per usual. Toronto has no run production right now. It's really sad to watch (and frustrating as hell... to the point I don't even want to play the game right now...:( Dickey gave up 2 runs on 5 hits through 7 and had 10k's. On the otherside, TO has 5 players hitting in the low .100's.

Game 3: Jimenez 2-1 vs Morrow 1-2

BAL 3-6-0
TO 1-5-0

First game of the series that Baltimore doesnt score in the 1st. Doesn't matter though as is the case every freaking game, TO cannot score. A homerun by Lind in the bottom of the 8th was all the Jays had as they lose 3-1 and are swept for the 2nd time this season by Baltimore (and it's only April!!!) Morrow went 7 innings and only gave up 2 runs but again, no offense.

Toronto's pitchers have been excellent but the offense is just down right awful. The long ball is TO's only offense. With the loss Toronto falls to 10-12.

jaymo76
04-19-2015, 02:26 AM
Bautista .121
Lind .135
Lawrie .167
Kratz .184
Encarnacion .184

After 22 games the power hitters on the team have cost us several games. This is inexcusable! They combine for 5 homeruns and 15 rbi... in 22 games!!! Awful, awful, awful!!!

jaymo76
04-19-2015, 02:27 AM
Sidenote: forgot to mention that in game one of the Baltimore series, the Orioles ended Jose Reyes's 18 game hitting streak.

jaymo76
04-25-2015, 01:25 AM
Going to do an update here soon. However, let me just say one thing: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is crazy. I have now lost 9 straight games. I can't hit; I can't pitch; I can't catch a break. My players are dropping balls all over the field; my hitters are hitting the ball to the fielders pretty much every play; my pitchers have no control... etc.

The longest ever losing streak in ANY sports game I have ever played was NFL 2k3... 0-6 to start the season. This is officially my longest losing streak ever. I need advice as this is just brutal. It's to the point that I am not having fun anymore.

jaymo76
04-25-2015, 01:30 AM
To end the month of April the Blue Jays have royally crapped the bed, losing 9 straight games. A few games we should have won but pitchng cost us. The team even fired the pitching coach but it's made no real difference. Diego Cooper is now runing the pitching staff... but they may be pitching worse than before...

AL EAST

Red Sox 18 10 -
Rays 17 12 1.5
Orioles 13 14 4.5
Yankees 11 16 6.5
Blue Jays 10 17 7.5

jaymo76
04-25-2015, 01:41 AM
vs Boston

Game 1: Lackey vs Buerhle

BOS 8 11 0
TO 7 12 0

The Jays scored 2 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th to tie the game but Victorino had a solo homer in the 11th to win it.

Game 2: Dempster vs. Redmond

BOS 8 12 1
TO 7 18 1

Jays were up 7-5 in the 8th and then Jenkins gave up 2 runs. In the top of the 12th, Delabar gave up a run and Boston got the win.

Game 3: Lester vs. Happ

BOS 2 10 0
TO 0 8 2

A pitching gem as both starters had excellent games. However, TO's bats died in this game... and they have not yet recovered.

The Jays then travelled to KC to wrap up the month.

Game 1: Janssen vs Shields (Dickey couldn't go today...)

TO 1 3 2
KC 2 6 0

Rasmus had a home run and that was it. Ugly game. Bautista's play is just ugly right now.

Game 2: Morrow vs Vargas

TO 0 5 2
KC 5 8 1

Morrow drops to 4 losses on the season as he was brutal. Vargas went 9 innings for the shut out. Toronto just cannot hit the ball.

jaymo76
04-25-2015, 02:55 AM
Finally the Blue Jays get back into the win column.

Game 3 @ KC: Buerhle vs. Chen

TO 3 6 0
KC 2 7 2

Both starting pitchers went 7 strong innings. KC had a 2-0 lead in the 2nd but in the 6th the Jays tied the game. Then in the top of the 9th Encarnacion brouth home a run. Cecil picks up the win and Delabar the save.

Toronto moves to 11-17 and sits 6.5 back.

steelerfan
04-25-2015, 03:46 AM
Let me know if I can help, buddy.

jaymo76
04-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Let me know if I can help, buddy.

THANKS MAN! I tell you that this game has the uncanny ability of feeling like real-life. When you are in a slump it's just brutal. Anger, frustration, holding the controller a little tighter, swinging at everything, stressing over the perfect pitch, adjusting the roster every game, looking at trades, firing coaches, etc.

steelerfan
04-25-2015, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I love the way hot/cold streaks and confidence are handled in this series. Good stuff.

jaymo76
04-26-2015, 03:05 AM
The Blue Jays makes their first trip to the National League this season as they head to Pittsburgh for a 3 game series.

Game 1: Redmond 3-1 vs. Cumpton 2-1

Redmond has been the hottest pitcher and best pitcher the Jays have this season. Today he did not dissapoint as he was a tank going 8 innings and giving up 4 hits and 2 BB. Cobmine that with 11k's and you can see why it was a great day.

TO 3 6 0
Pitt 0 4 0

Redmond moves to 4-1 as he picks up the win and the shutout. Delabar gets the save. That is his 2nd of the season. Right now the chatter is to move Delabar to closer and move Janssen to set up man.

The offense was minimal as the runs came on a 2 run homer by Lind in the 1st and a solo dinger by Rasmus in the 5th.

Just like that, after a 9 game slump the Jays have won 2 in a row and improve to 12-17 but are still 6.5 back of Boston and still sit last in the AL East.

jaymo76
04-26-2015, 03:39 AM
Missing: Baseball player who answers to the name of Jose Bautista. If you have seen him please contact the Toronto Blue Jays as they want him back.

Seriously, in the last 10 games he is hitting .91 and this season sits at an embarrasing .139 with 11 hits 0 homers and 2 RBI.:fp:

jaymo76
05-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Game 2 vs Pittsburgh (Happ vs. Locke)

TOR 2 5 1
PIT 3 4 2

Happ played an outstanding game, going 7 strong innings and holding onto a 2-1 lead. In the 8th McGowan came in and gave up a 2 run homerun and the Jays could do nothing but watch an amazing pitcing performance go down the tubes.

Game 3: Dickey 1-2 vs Cole 0-1

TOR 7 11 0
PIT 3 9 1

Dickey made it almost 7 innings. He had a 6-0 lead before giving up three runs. He was pulled for Santos and then ultimately Janssen. Dickey didn't play well, giving up 9 hits and 3 runs and only getting 2 punch outs. However, he bent but did not break. Edin Encarnacion was the hero of the game with 2 hits 3 RBI and a single homer in the top of the 9th to ice the game.

With the series victory, Toronto mves to 13-18 and sits 5.5 back of the Red Sox. The Jays now head down the road for a 2 game then 2 game back-to-back home and away series with the Phillies.

jaymo76
05-10-2015, 01:08 AM
On major higlight, Bautista finally got his first and scond RBI of the season in game 3 versus the Pirates. Maybe that will get him on a hot streak???