PDA

View Full Version : MLB The Show 15 WISHLIST (PS4)

jaymo76
08-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Hands down the PS4 version of this game is phenomenal and there are very, very few things I don't like. Though new to the series and still in the process of learning all of the ins and outs, I was thinking about a few things that new to be added moving forward.

RTTS:

-transactions logs (for the team and the league)
-more interactions with management (eg. promotion/demotion discussions, team specific trade requests, etc.)
-alternate unis in AA and AAA leagues
-more dynamic and enhanced presentation (it is very repetitive)
-significantly enhanced presentation for championship games/series

Not necessary but would be nice additions:

-Japan League (or some international leagues) that could be an option in RTTS
- single A squads (not all, just one per team)
-RPG-like interviews / interaction with the press

I will add more to this list once I get more into franchise mode.

Rudy
08-05-2014, 04:22 AM
For me I want upgraded commentary and I want Matty V gone. I'm tired of him.

I want a batter's eye or something like 2K or MVP had to identify pitches once in awhile. I liked 2k's system because it didn't flash pitch type all the time, it flashed a general location, it had a slider for it and most importantly it was tied to player ratings. It's not the complete arcade garbage the Show calls Guess Pitch where every batter against every pitcher is 100% successful if they guess right. It's also a cheat when guys guess fastball and then always know if it.s offspeed if they are wrong. It totally ruins relievers who have 2 or 3 pitches and their main combo is fastball-changeup. It's about time we got this option.

I'd like to see a new analog method too for pitching.

bdoughty
08-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Faster load times!
Faster game install!
More AA & AAA stadiums.

steelerfan
08-05-2014, 01:20 PM
For me I want upgraded commentary and I want Matty V gone. I'm tired of him.

I want a batter's eye or something like 2K or MVP had to identify pitches once in awhile. I liked 2k's system because it didn't flash pitch type all the time, it flashed a general location, it had a slider for it and most importantly it was tied to player ratings. It's not the complete arcade garbage the Show calls Guess Pitch where every batter against every pitcher is 100% successful if they guess right. It's also a cheat when guys guess fastball and then always know if it.s offspeed if they are wrong. It totally ruins relievers who have 2 or 3 pitches and their main combo is fastball-changeup. It's about time we got this option.

I'd like to see a new analog method too for pitching.

No idea what you're talking about. Guessing the pitch is FAR from 100% successful. Not even close. I have 5 games left in my first season, I've played EVERY game and my leading hitter is hitting .266 and my team is hitting .247.

Guess Pitch is NOT a guarantee of ANY kind.

steelerfan
08-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Among other things, I want to see some of the injury bugs ironed out.

I've seen SEVERAL instances where a fielder gets hurt on a play that ends the inning. The injury screen comes up and it says he has to come out but, because the inning ends, he never does and is not injured.

I also has Robbie Grossman break his shin sliding last night (with no outs in the first inning) and he had to come out of the game. However, after the game his injury was simply forgotten. He was good to go in the next game.

Rudy
08-05-2014, 02:42 PM
No idea what you're talking about. Guessing the pitch is FAR from 100% successful. Not even close. I have 5 games left in my first season, I've played EVERY game and my leading hitter is hitting .266 and my team is hitting .247.

Guess Pitch is NOT a guarantee of ANY kind.

I didn't say you were guaranteed to get a hit but if you guess fastball with ANYONE and the pitcher throws fastball you are always tipped to the pitch 100% of the time. It does guarantee 100% that if you guess the pitch right you will never be fooled. Does it seem right that the worst hitter in the league could be as successful at guessing pitches as the best hitter? Should any batter be able to sit on a pitch in real life andnever be fooled? Of course not but it's possible in the Show. Fernando Rodney throws fastball and changeup. Real major leaguers struggle with that. In the Show he'sbad since a user can just guess fastball and then know if you guess wrong that a changeup is coming. It's absurd how your timing never gets fooled even if you aren't always successful. People can use it but I see it as arcade trash, especially since the majority guess fastball and if wrong can then sit on the offspeed pitch.

In MLB2K each batter has an "eye" rating. Pitch types naturally get tipped occasionally but the frequency depends on your eye. I have the slideraround 30 so a guy like Miguel Cabrera will get tipped maybe 1 in 3 pitches while a bad hitter might be 1 in 10. It's just once in awhile that you lock in and ratings matter. It's much more realistic and allows for certain hitters to feel different at the plate (free swingers with bad eyes vs OBP Gus).

steelerfan
08-06-2014, 04:54 AM
I disagree, Rudy.

If I'm looking for a fastball, it should never surprise me when one is thrown. The ratings do matter, better hitters get better results. Additonally, in The Show, I can guess the pitch type and location but still miss because the pitcher didn't hit his spot (that's where sliders come in). Ultimately, I'm a results-driven sports gamer though and I've been THRILLED with the results. I will say, unequivically, that the season I'm now 3 games from completing has given me the best, most realistic statistics of ANY sports game that I have EVER played (and I'm an absolute stickler for those things). I'll post my full season stats in my Astros Franchise thread in the next couple of days and you can have a look, if you like.

jaymo76
08-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Would really like to see more detail in the HISTORY of your RTTS player and the leagues in general. Yes there are the key moments of your career but more specifically I would like more detail on yearly stats. In the loading screens you see how well you did in previous years but I want to see things like vs. specific teams, players etc. I would also like to have the ability to see the history of the leagues. In other words, if it's 2023 but I want to look back and see who won the International League in 2017, I should have the ability to do so. With the power of PS4 I hope that significant expansion of detail will be a goal moving forward.

JBHuskers
08-10-2014, 05:01 PM
I'd love for RTTS to start at low-A and work your way up from there.

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I'd love for RTTS to start at low-A and work your way up from there.

That'd be pretty sweet. The minors are supposed to be a slow climb through Single A, Double A and Triple A before you finally reach the Major Leagues. They also need to rework advancement and promotion. It just seems too fast. I'm only at the end of April of my first year in Double A, but after watching Jaymo's RTTS, I have this feeling I'm going to be Triple A by the end of the season and MLB at some point early second season. Way too fast of a promotion.

JBHuskers
08-10-2014, 06:55 PM
That'd be pretty sweet. The minors are supposed to be a slow climb through Single A, Double A and Triple A before you finally reach the Major Leagues. They also need to rework advancement and promotion. It just seems too fast. I'm only at the end of April of my first year in Double A, but after watching Jaymo's RTTS, I have this feeling I'm going to be Triple A by the end of the season and MLB at some point early second season. Way too fast of a promotion.

I'm already in AAA in month two of my RTTS.

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2014, 07:03 PM
See, that's WAY too fast for advancement. They really need to work on that for '15.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

steelerfan
08-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Your settings and sliders can be used to slow your advancement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Your settings and sliders can be used to slow your advancement.

Which ones affect it?

steelerfan
08-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Which ones affect it?

Everything. If its harder to hit, your average will drop and you will struggle to advance. I'd start by raising Difficulty.

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Everything. If its harder to hit, your average will drop and you will struggle to advance. I'd start by raising Difficulty.

Ahh, ok. I thought you meant there was like a specific setting somewhere.

jaymo76
08-10-2014, 08:44 PM
In RTTS there should be a pop up or an email sent to inform you that you have been promoted/demoted as starter. Also you should be informed of major injuries on your team during or at the end of each game.

jaymo76
08-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Personally I think a "fix" is in on pre-programmed cold streaks. In my RTTS I have had 1 hit in 10 games (9 of which I was a starter for 4-5 bats each game. Yes, some of them are my fault but I get this feeling like I am supposed to be in a major slump. Everything I hit is going directly to the defensive position players. They barely have to move. To me it just seems a little too staged. It's the sme thing though when on a hot streak. Maybe both could be tuned down a little bit???

christian1397
09-22-2014, 06:21 PM
I would really like to see a more realistic budget system as well as contracts for the players. One thing that I don't like when it comes to a contract is that once a player starts to preform badly in real life, then they don't make as much per year in the game. For example, Josh Hamilton makes $25 million a year in real life, regardless of performance, but he doesn't make that much in the game. I would like to see him continue to make whatever he was supposed to in real life. I would like if you could extend players during the season and also make it harder for you to sign your own big time all star players during the off season. Those kinds of players wait to see how much money they can make and typically don't sign with their teams automatically. I think it would be cool if there was more emphasis on the MLB records, aside from the common ones like Homers or hits etc. It would be cool if there were ones like Scoreless innings streaks, or most homers hit by a rookie kind of thing.

thatguychap
10-10-2014, 04:09 PM
I would really love to see the Franchise mode and RTTS go into much more depth of the game. Instead of starting off at double AA start in rookie league and work your way up. Add prospect rankings for individual teams and the overall league. In the franchise mode add the entire organization not everything has to be playable, but give a true sense of player development so when you have the full minors roster you have the entire organization. Add prospect rankings for organizations and the entire league. Add minor league system rankings. just in general make the franchise mode more in depth to the game give the true feeling of being a GM make contracting more real be able to control prices training everything. kinda like ootp baseball make it more realistic. make the minor league system overall more realistic bring out the logistical side of baseball with prospects and international complex. i personally love playing ootp baseball because it gives you the real feeling, but the downfall is hat its simulation and i really want to play. i know realistically everything cant be added, but atleast make it more realistic. the budget system, minor league system, anything that has to do with logistics of baseball. make the player feel that they are truly in control, and for those who arent interested in doing of all that make it so it can be automated by assistant gm or something. all im saying is id love to see more depth in RTTS and franchise modes

steelerfan
10-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Great posts, guys.

With regards to contacts and budgets, I have read (not sure if it's accurate) that the MLBPA won't let them put accurate contracts in the game.

As far as Single-A and Rookie Ball, I agree, lets get it in. Also, while they're at it, or would be super to have real minor league ballparks in the game.

jaymo76
10-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Great posts, guys.

With regards to contacts and budgets, I have read (not sure if it's accurate) that the MLBPA won't let them put accurate contracts in the game.

As far as Single-A and Rookie Ball, I agree, lets get it in. Also, while they're at it, or would be super to have real minor league ballparks in the game.

Totally agree about the minor league parks. The biggest issue with being in the minors is how repetitive it is to play in the same handful of stadiums over and over. Even if they stay generic, just add more of them. No minor league should have two teams with the same stadium.

Hank
10-15-2014, 01:20 PM
- Hitters Eye
- 2K's Analog Pitching & Presentation/Commentary
- multiple defensive position ratings