PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K15 - Game will feature 25 Euroleague teams

cdj
05-16-2014, 07:43 AM
NBA 2K15 to feature 25 Euroleague teams, up from 14.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnwV1GsIgAAJm6g.jpg

bdoughty
05-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Woo Hoo! Kidding of course. Would rather see national teams or the D League.

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2014, 06:26 PM
I didn't even know 14 even had Euroleague teams. Based on that fact, can't say I'm too impressed by this news.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Woo Hoo! Kidding of course. Would rather see national teams or the D League.

D-League for sure. We still have a long ways to go though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

jaymo76
05-18-2014, 03:47 PM
I didn't even know 14 even had Euroleague teams. Based on that fact, can't say I'm too impressed by this news.

Thanks for this post. I thought I was the only one unaware of Euro league teams. :blush:

cdj
05-18-2014, 07:45 PM

I don't know how Euroleague factors into NBA 2K. Are they part of My Player or Franchise? Or just for use in Exhibition games?

NBA JAM had four Euroleague teams, but apparently 2K swooped in for exclusive rights.

Full press release (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/2k-announces-expanded-euroleague-lineup-for-nba-2k15-2014-05-16):

2K announced today that NBA® 2K15 , the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*, will include additional teams and players from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague as part of their exclusive multi-year global partnership. NBA 2K15 will be available on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

NBA 2K15 will feature 11 additional teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague, including top-level FC Bayern Munich of Germany, JSF Nanterre of France, Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul of Turkey and Partizan NIS Belgrade of Serbia, bringing the total number of playable Euroleague teams to 25, including every team that participated in the 2013-14 Turkish Airlines Euroleague. All squads will be fully updated to reflect trades accurate to the day of release**.

“The global response to the integration of Euroleague teams into the NBA 2K series last year was fantastic, and a key factor in our decision to include the full complement of 2013-14 Euroleague teams in NBA 2K15,” said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “We know there’s a huge passion for basketball in Europe, and we’re excited to further expand the number of playable European teams to make this the most comprehensive basketball game ever.”

"After an exciting start last year, our partnership with 2K takes another strong step forward with an expansion of the Euroleague Basketball teams in NBA 2K15," added Jordi Bertomeu, President and CEO of Euroleague Basketball. "The appeal of our style of basketball to video game fans was evident right away with just 14 Euroleague Basketball teams last year, and we are sure that seeing many more of them in NBA 2K15 will be another hit."

Like mentioned above, either sim title would be wise to add Euroleague & D-League as part of their Career or My Player/Rising Star modes to help players move up and down the ranks versus being an NBA player no matter what.

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2014, 07:56 PM
I don't know how Euroleague factors into NBA 2K. Are they part of My Player or Franchise? Or just for use in Exhibition games?

NBA JAM had four Euroleague teams, but apparently 2K swooped in for exclusive rights.

Full press release (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/2k-announces-expanded-euroleague-lineup-for-nba-2k15-2014-05-16):

2K announced today that NBA® 2K15 , the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*, will include additional teams and players from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague as part of their exclusive multi-year global partnership. NBA 2K15 will be available on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

NBA 2K15 will feature 11 additional teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague, including top-level FC Bayern Munich of Germany, JSF Nanterre of France, Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul of Turkey and Partizan NIS Belgrade of Serbia, bringing the total number of playable Euroleague teams to 25, including every team that participated in the 2013-14 Turkish Airlines Euroleague. All squads will be fully updated to reflect trades accurate to the day of release**.

“The global response to the integration of Euroleague teams into the NBA 2K series last year was fantastic, and a key factor in our decision to include the full complement of 2013-14 Euroleague teams in NBA 2K15,” said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “We know there’s a huge passion for basketball in Europe, and we’re excited to further expand the number of playable European teams to make this the most comprehensive basketball game ever.”

"After an exciting start last year, our partnership with 2K takes another strong step forward with an expansion of the Euroleague Basketball teams in NBA 2K15," added Jordi Bertomeu, President and CEO of Euroleague Basketball. "The appeal of our style of basketball to video game fans was evident right away with just 14 Euroleague Basketball teams last year, and we are sure that seeing many more of them in NBA 2K15 will be another hit."

Like mentioned above, either sim title would be wise to add Euroleague & D-League as part of their Career or My Player/Rising Star modes to help players move up and down the ranks versus being an NBA player no matter what.

I have no idea how they are used in NBA 2K, I never even knew they were there in the game until this thread. As for adding Euro/D-League as part of My Player/Rising Star, I absolutely agree. That is one thing I love about both The Show and MLB 2K, is being able to start a Career in either game and you start out in Double A and have to work your way up through that and Triple A to eventually make it to the Majors. Instead of just getting thrown right to the Wolves while your stats suck like in the NBA games, you get to actually play some lower-level, less-talent games and work on building your stats without performing horribly.

With the new generation of consoles, there really is no reason why sports games can't have the minor leagues of the various sports teams. If MLB can do it, with 30 MLB teams and the dozens upon dozens of Triple A and Double A teams and if FIFA can do it with hundreds of teams spread across dozens of leagues on all of the continents, then there is absolutely no reason why the NBA and NHL games can't have it either, other than the teams making the NHL and NBA games just don't want to put in the time or effort, or else the companies just don't want to spend the money getting the licenses.

bdoughty
05-18-2014, 08:06 PM

You could use them in an exhibition or in a custom "MY GM." They had the option where you could replace teams from the NBA with these teams or the classic teams. They only had one stadium/court layout for all the Euro teams which made no sense. You could have used the same stadium and made the floors authentic for each team, at the very least.

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2014, 08:33 PM
You could use them in an exhibition or in a custom "MY GM." They had the option where you could replace teams from the NBA with these teams or the classic teams. They only had one stadium/court layout for all the Euro teams which made no sense. You could have used the same stadium and made the floors authentic for each team, at the very least.

In that case, now I know why I never knew those teams were even in the game to begin with. I never bother with exhibition games and I never change the teams in the various Franchise/GM modes from their real life layouts.

The only reason I even played a couple exhibition games in The Show was just to familiarize myself with the controls of the game before diving into RTTS and Franchise modes. If there are any other teams in The Show other than the standard MLB teams with their Triple A and Double A affiliates, hell if I know what those extra teams are.

So I still can't really say I'm impressed with these additional Euroleague teams being added, as I would never use them for any reason since I don't play exhibition games and I won't change the NBA teams when setting up a Franchise. Now, if they add the D-League and include it into either Franchise or My Career, then I may take some interest.

bdoughty
05-18-2014, 09:01 PM
In that case, now I know why I never knew those teams were even in the game to begin with. I never bother with exhibition games and I never change the teams in the various Franchise/GM modes from their real life layouts..

Never say never. Before I tossed the game out, I did try one thing with the custom GM. I setup a league of all the classic teams. There were just enough to fill up the whole league, with only one or two left out. All the teams from the 50's, 60's and 70's filled the Eastern Conference and the 80's and 90's filled the Western Conference. If not for the playoff glitch I would have loved to see this one through. Using my 90's Spurs with Duncan and Robinson, we had a pretty good lineup. Of course you are just a pup compared to some of us old farts.