PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in a TGT Connected Franchise on PS4?

CLW
07-23-2014, 04:15 PM
So in thinking about whether I want to buy or rent Madden this year I've come to the conclusion that the only way I'd buy this game and stay interested is if we got a group of 4-8 guys together for a TGT CFM.

Any of you PS4 guys interested in joining TGT CFM(s)?

gschwendt
07-23-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm not certain if I'm getting Madden this year or not but if I do decide to get it, I'd be interested.

jaymo76
07-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Maybe? The biggest problems for me though.

1. I'm on the west coast and can usually only play after 8:30pm pacific
2. September is always a crazy month for me.

JBHuskers
07-23-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm not certain if I'm getting Madden this year or not but if I do decide to get it, I'd be interested.

Ditto

CLW
07-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Maybe? The biggest problems for me though.

1. I'm on the west coast and can usually only play after 8:30pm pacific
2. September is always a crazy month for me.

Late night gaming wouldn't be a problem for me. Moreover, I'd like to keep the CFM small to have "occasional" user games but the vast majority would still be against the CPU.

texacotea
07-24-2014, 07:07 AM
I'm getting madden this year and believe Lonestar is too. I'm interested

skipwondah33
07-24-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm part of 2 other leagues and possibly a 3rd. If we don't keep the 3rd league I'd be interested in this one.

GatorfanStovy
07-24-2014, 01:30 PM
I'd be down for a xbox CFM mode. If any one is up for it. Could use sliders or just go all pro or what ever.

JBHuskers
07-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Not sure how many people have a XB1 out of this group who play Madden.

CLW
07-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Not sure how many people have a XB1 out of this group who play Madden.

Well the thread title AND OP both say PS4 but you never know how many Democrats there may be posting in this thread. :nod:

SCClassof93
07-25-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm game, after I find a used copy :P

ryby6969
07-25-2014, 01:45 PM
I am definitely going to be in one CFM and possibly another. I may be interested to get into this one although I am not to fond of multiple games versus the cpu.

CLW
07-25-2014, 05:34 PM
I am definitely going to be in one CFM and possibly another. I may be interested to get into this one although I am not to fond of multiple games versus the cpu.

The problem with a TON of user v. user games is getting game times for each user to play each other. When I was in school I had all the time in the world. Now I just don't. Usually, too many user games = either lots of sims or a slow pace in the franchise (or at least that has been my experience in ODs in NCAA)

ryby6969
07-30-2014, 02:55 PM
The problem with a TON of user v. user games is getting game times for each user to play each other. When I was in school I had all the time in the world. Now I just don't. Usually, too many user games = either lots of sims or a slow pace in the franchise (or at least that has been my experience in ODs in NCAA)

The franchise's I am in advance every 3 days no matter what. The one thing about Madden is if you have to auto yourself for a game or two during the season it does not make the season pointless like in NCAA. The only time there is ever an extension on advance is during a holiday. The problem with too many cpu games is the fact that stats get all messed up. We finished our final season about a month ago and half my games were against the cpu and Von Miller ended up with almost 40 sacks and I never controlled him.

CLW
08-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Just updating to see if anyone is definitely interested in a TGT Madden online franchise on the PS4. If we get enough guys definitely in I'll buy the game. Otherwise, its #1 in the GameFly queue to trophy whore out and then mail back in.

bdoughty
08-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Just updating to see if anyone is definitely interested in a TGT Madden online franchise on the PS4. If we get enough guys definitely in I'll buy the game. Otherwise, its #1 in the GameFly queue to trophy whore out and then mail back in.

I would be interested. Just bought a cheap headset so I can talk smack if need be.

texacotea
08-12-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm still game if we get enough. Gonna pick it up regardless to get my
Football fix

JmacNS
08-13-2014, 11:13 AM
I'm down.

texacotea
08-15-2014, 08:31 AM
What's the word on this??

CLW
08-15-2014, 08:48 AM
What's the word on this??

Well looks like we definitely have enough interest to prob get 4-8 guys in an online chise so I'll go ahead and bite the bullet and pre-order this bad boy.

My thoughts:

Ideally 8 of us spread out evenly between the NFC and AFC
Draft order at random but IMHO it might be best if we all started out with "lesser" teams (i.e. from the bottom half)
Advance either every 48 or 72 hours
We will setup a section of the forums here to schedule user v. user games etc...
Sliders/Setting TBD but will be custom

texacotea
08-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Well looks like we definitely have enough interest to prob get 4-8 guys in an online chise so I'll go ahead and bite the bullet and pre-order this bad boy.

My thoughts:

Ideally 8 of us spread out evenly between the NFC and AFC
Draft order at random but IMHO it might be best if we all started out with "lesser" teams (i.e. from the bottom half)
Advance either every 48 or 72 hours
We will setup a section of the forums here to schedule user v. user games etc...
Sliders/Setting TBD but will be custom

Go for it. Need any help lemme know

CLW
08-15-2014, 11:00 AM
So here is the list of people:

CLW
gschwendt
jaymo76
JBHuskers
texacotea
skipwondah33
SCClassof93
ryby6969
bdoughty
JmacNS

IN

potentially interested

So that gives us 5 definitely ins and 5 "maybes" - If you "maybe" guys could let me know one way or the other that would be great too.

JBHuskers
08-15-2014, 11:31 AM
I have the game, so I'm in.

GatorfanStovy
08-15-2014, 11:36 AM
I have the game, so I'm in.

The hell how so early ? Go stream it now! just kidding.

Oneback
08-15-2014, 01:19 PM
I'd be potentially interested in playing.

CLW
08-15-2014, 02:00 PM
CLW
gschwendt
jaymo76
JBHuskers
texacotea
skipwondah33
SCClassof93
ryby6969
bdoughty
JmacNS
Oneback

IN

potentially interested

​List updated

CLW
08-15-2014, 05:30 PM
CDJ/JB/gschwendt

Could one of you guys setup a SubForum for:

The Gaming Tailgate CFM (PS4)

If you have a "problem" with an "official" sounding league being ran by yours truly let me know and I'll come up with some other name.

Thanks!

bdoughty
08-15-2014, 07:55 PM
I agree with using low rated teams that never get used. Would gladly play with the Raiders, Titans or Jaguars, the lowest rated teams.

souljahbill
08-15-2014, 10:05 PM
No fight over the Browns?

CLW
08-16-2014, 11:35 AM
FYI - the powers that be have setup a sub-forum section The Gaming Tailgate CFM (PS4). I'll be posting there from here on out.

gigemaggs99
08-18-2014, 02:43 PM
If you need an alternate I'd be interested. I just reserved my copy of Madden 15 on the PS4 at Gamestop.

Like you originally said (CLW) I'd be interested in a few user v user games but mainly I'd have more time to play a few User v User and then I could knock out the User v CPU. So, if you need an alternate I'd love to join ya'll. If there is going to be a lot of user games I don't want to muck it up by not being able to play a lot of U v U.

Thank you sir.

Gus

thirtydaZe
08-25-2014, 11:32 AM
What's the word on this? I bought a ps4 specifically for madden this year, but just bought the digital version for my xb1 today.

Think i'd be more than willing to open that ps4 box for a good consistent cfm.

I know i haven't posted here in a while, and am a bit of an outsider, but just kind of feeling the waters.

CLW
08-25-2014, 06:30 PM
What's the word on this? I bought a ps4 specifically for madden this year, but just bought the digital version for my xb1 today.

Think i'd be more than willing to open that ps4 box for a good consistent cfm.

I know i haven't posted here in a while, and am a bit of an outsider, but just kind of feeling the waters.

We are definitely going to run a CFM on the PS4 here. We have a subsection of the forums specifically for the league so if interested check it out.

souljahbill
08-25-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm going to watch as many UvU games on Twitch as I can

CLW
08-25-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm going to watch as many UvU games on Twitch as I can

Yeah it should be fun with Twitch streams now as guys can watch all the head to heads. Hell, I might even do some "scouting" of my future TGT opponents. :nod:

souljahbill
08-25-2014, 06:40 PM
I would

gschwendt
08-25-2014, 09:23 PM
If you're playing UvU, if you don't have a great connection, you may not want to stream while you play. I'd recommend testing it before you play a league game that way.

lions96
08-25-2014, 09:29 PM
count me in

thirtydaZe
08-27-2014, 11:52 AM
still a bit on the fence, i know you guys are wanting to get this kicked off as posted in the sub forum.

has anyone been made aware of an issue where wins and losses, in user vs user games, aren't counting in online cfm?

gschwendt
08-27-2014, 12:05 PM
still a bit on the fence, i know you guys are wanting to get this kicked off as posted in the sub forum.

has anyone been made aware of an issue where wins and losses, in user vs user games, aren't counting in online cfm?
I've seen that reported as well... obviously before we get too far ahead of ourselves, we'll want to see what shakes out in that department. Hopefully a simple server-side fix corrects the issue.