PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 15 - Player Sense 2.0 Blog & Trailer

Rudy
07-17-2014, 06:39 PM
DB Player Sense 2.0. I never really believe EA when they talk improved AI though. I need to see it to believe it.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/player-sense-video?utm_campaign=mad15-social-global-ic-tw-video-playersense-blog-071714-tw-vid-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=mad15-social-global-ic-tw-video-playersense-blog-071714-tw-vid-site-ramp&cid=23366&ts=1405640659948

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVfJ8ApxHSM

Let’s continue to the defensive backfield and highlight improvements made within the secondary in Madden NFL 15.

Defenses are now smarter when it comes to going for a swat vs. an interception or a tackle. This improved logic will be broken down by individual player traits.

Zone coverage ratings now have a much bigger impact on how quickly defenders break on throws.

Defenders with higher ratings in Zone Coverage will react much quicker to throws, often times before the ball is thrown.

Improvements have also been made to zone defenders responsible for the flats.

Look for smarter principles, head tracking on all players, increases in press and chuck interactions between DBs and wide receivers, as well as improved pursuit and tackling abilities.

Man Coverage ratings have also been tweaked to impact how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes, resulting in improved behavior of the defensive backs.

Also new to Madden 15 is the addition of disguised defenses, where opposing secondaries will show you one coverage but give another.

Madden NFL 15 represents the most fun and engaging defensive gameplay in franchise history.

CLW
07-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Yep it sounds great (always does) but I doubt it. Moreover, if they were really successful I suspect the masses will cry and a patch will remove all the AI defensive CPU improvements.

Rudy
07-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I have a feeling that with the toned down accuracy of the QBs and the improved defensive player Sense of the DBs the interceptions are going to be way too high. Not only for me but also the brain dead CPU. If WRs were more aggressive it wouldhelp but I've seen nothing to indicate this. EA also completely failed CPU QB AI for the PS3 generation. I would like to believe it will be better on the PS4 and I want to see separation between good and bad QBs. Too often it didn't seem to matter.

jaymo76
07-17-2014, 11:46 PM
I have a feeling that with the toned down accuracy of the QBs and the improved defensive player Sense of the DBs the interceptions are going to be way too high. Not only for me but also the brain dead CPU. If WRs were more aggressive it wouldhelp but I've seen nothing to indicate this. EA also completely failed CPU QB AI for the PS3 generation. I would like to believe it will be better on the PS4 and I want to see separation between good and bad QBs. Too often it didn't seem to matter.

The scary thing is that INTERCEPTIONS were out of control on the PS4 version. UNTIL RECEIVERS GO UP AND FIGHT FOR THE BALL ANY CHANGES TO D ARE MEANINGLESS. A WR will not fight for the ball and in madden 25 the QB continuously underthrows the ball and the receiver does NOT come back to the ball. Tighter defense only works if the receivers are programmed to come back to the ball, and fight for the ball in the air.

I am genuinely concerned that this game will be a non-stop picfest. Let's hope I am not giving Tiburon's programmers enough credit.