PDA

View Full Version : Madden 25 & Jaymo76 ... One Last Fling

jaymo76
07-10-2014, 11:21 PM
This is going to be a short lived dynasty experience as it is simply meant to hold me over until the full release of Madden 15. I will NOT be putting in anywhere near as much detail as I do with my NCAA thread. I will also be skimming a number of games and really approaching this through the eyes of an owner/gm. I am going to use a team that I don't follow and know little about. The rosters will be ther most uo-to-date that CFM currently has in the game.

Since I lost all of my saved data from my Bucs CFM I have decided to start a short CFM using...

:Cleveland_Browns:

That's right, the new OWNER of the Browns is Coach Jaymo. He came into a large sum of money while coaching out at UNLV. Due to the Browns being, well, the Browns they were for sale because they were as per usual, AWFUL! Coach Jaymo or as we refer to him now, owner jaymo means business. Nobody in the organization is safe, not even the city of Cleveland...

So with that... it begins.

jaymo76
07-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Owner jay mo is considered a financial mogul owner. He has huge bucks but not a lot of credibility amongst the players. Mike Hill tweeted that ther Browns need an identity. Owner jay mo hopes to give them a good one.

jaymo76
07-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Owner jay mo's first directive was to try to move some older players.

Added to the trade block:

QB Jason Campbell
RB W. McGahee
QB B. Weeden
K B. Cundiff

RE John Hughes was also added to the trade block as his scheme is not a great fit. The same goes for TE Gary Barnidge and WR Davone Bess.

With Kundiff on the block D Buehler and J Medlock have been added to the roster and will compete for the #1 spot. With a lack of DT depth Marvin Austin has been signed.

Jay Mo has also informed the coaches to switch to a west coast style of QB and a speed back for the RB position. The D will be an attacking 4-3.

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 12:42 AM
The first pre-season game is in the books and it was a dog. The Rams won 12-7 over the Browns. Brandon Weeden was injured and will be out two weeks. I guess that means he survives cut day? Speaking of cuts, K Billy Cundiff has been given his walking papers.

LG Tyronne Green and FS Kenny Phillips have been added to the roster as they were both cut in week one from their respective teams. Phillips has been moved to starting FS in front of Gipson. Green has switched positions to RG and will start in front of Shawn Lauvao.

steelerfan
07-11-2014, 01:09 AM
Cleveland?

:fp:

Boooooo!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/y5umuqyq.jpg

;)

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Cleveland?

:fp:

Boooooo!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/y5umuqyq.jpg

;)

Figured you would like that Matt. I'm working on something big. You may be interested...

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Pre-season game two the Browns made some changes, giving Hoyer the start at QB and Whittaker gets the nod at RB. The Browns dropped the game 24-19 primarily due to poor qb play. 3rd stringer Alex Tanney had some nice passes but also threw 4 pics. The O line is brutal. This team is missing a lot.

All the boos from the fans left a bad taste in Jay Mo's mouth...

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 03:13 AM
Pre-season week three was a better effort versus the Colts but the result was another loss, 25-7.

As to cut day, six men were on the block.

1. TE Keavon Milton
2. LT Chris Faulk
3. RT Martin Wallace
4. K Justin Medlock
5. FS Johnson Bademosi
6. C Christian Yount

Late in the day WR Mike Thomas was scooped up from free agency. His speed will help this young team out.

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 03:19 AM
Big news at the end of the day. Owner Jay Mo instructed management to find a new LE and management responded. The Brown and the Titans swung a deal which will see LE Derrick Morgan come to the Browns in exchange for FB Chris Ogbonnaya and LOLB Quentin Groves. The Browns also get a 5th round pick from this years draft.

To fill in the gap at FB the Browns then signed Lex Hilliard. Hilliard is primarily a blocker but the O line is deficient so the extra blocking should help.

steelerfan
07-11-2014, 03:33 AM
Figured you would like that Matt. I'm working on something big. You may be interested...

:up:

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 03:58 AM
Pre-season wrapped up with a 30-24 loss to the Bears. That makes it a "perfect 0-4 for the pre-season.

Cuts:

1. TE Andre Smith
2. RG Garrett Gilkey (120k cap penalty)
3. LOLB Eric Martin
4. MLB Darius Eubanks
5. ROLB Paul Hazel
6. SS Josh Aubrey

To shore up the back, CB Jerome Murphy was signed. He will now occupy the #3 CB role.

On the injury front, the Browns start the season down three.

ROLB B. Mingo (3 weeks)
HB F. Whittaker (5 weeks)
LE D. Morgan (2 weeks)

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 04:17 AM
Breaking news: this just in... Jay Mo, owner of the Cleveland Browns shocked the North American media this evening with a major announcement. Mo told assembled reporters that for the second time in their history, the Browns would be leaving Cleveland. At the end of the current season it was announced that the Browns will be packing up their lockers and heading north. That's right, the Cleveland Browns are moving North of the 49th parallel. Toronto, Ontario, Canada will be Cleveland's new home starting next season.

It was also announced that the name, jerseys and colour schemes were all going to be changed. The new official team name will be the Toronto Mounties. The fans of Toronto voted overwhelmingly for this name. The colour scheme will be blue, red and yellow and the jersey will sport a classic look.

A new era is about to begin for this once fine franchise.

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Before the start of the season Jay Mo has been trying everything to unload the contracts of Weeden and McGahee. However, there are ZERO takers. I was even throwing Weeden around for a 6th/7th rounder... nothing! If I need the space I may just deal with the cap hit and let Weeden walk. I am okay with keeping McGahee for an insurance policy but he will not be starting.

Brian Hoyer will get the nod as starting QB versus Miami. Dion Lewis surprised in pre-season and he will get the starting job at RB. Mike Thomas is slotted in at #2 WR as his speed should help things out. The OL is brutal so this may be a long season offensively speaking.

David Buehler has been pounding the ball on kicks. He could be a real bright-spot this season. A strong season may result in a long term deal for this guy.

On the defensive side of the ball the DT position is one of weakness. An upgrade either now or in the offseason is crucial. The LE/RE situation is strong and the addition of Derick Morgan makes us more fierce on the line. Linebackers and secondary are positions or relative strength. #3 CB Jerome Murphy is strong at man coverage so that is beneficial depth for a D that will be primarily man-to-man. The addition of FS Kenny Phillips makes us extra strong at safety.

It's go time... week 1 versus :Miami_Dolphins:

jaymo76
07-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Possible leaked image of the "Toronto Mounties" new unis???

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Image/madden-uniform-design-3.jpg

jaymo76
07-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Week 1: :Miami_Dolphins: @ :Cleveland_Browns:

The final score is the Browns 27 the Dolphins 14. It was an ugly game for both offensives. Hoyer was pretty sub par in this game going 19 for 40 for 187 yards with one td and three ints. The receivers were awful as well as they combined for 11 drops!!! The only real star on offense was RB Dion Lewis as he had 28 carries for 133 yards and 2 td's.

Defense was stingy as both Phillips and Haden had major ints. Tanehill was awful and Moore was even worse for the Phins...

So the Browns begin the season 1-0. Still no interest in Weeden or Campbell...

jaymo76
07-13-2014, 03:36 AM
Jay Mo has been working on a deal with the Skins to move Weeden and McGahee in return for Cousins and a draft pick. The deal was close but the Skins still wanted more and so Cleveland walked away...

jaymo76
07-13-2014, 04:27 AM
week 2: :Cleveland_Browns: @ :Baltimore_Ravens:

The Browns could have won this game as they were up 13-0 in the 1st ... BUT... Hoyer throws 4 interceptions in the 2nd half and the Browns lose 27-19. It's too bad because Hoyer played well going 34-48 for 374 yards and 1 td. Dion Lewis had a great game with 25 carries for 124 yards. Mike Thomas led the wr's with 7 receptions. Kenny Phillips was the leading tackler with 8.

Five turnovers cost Cleveland the game. What makes it worse is that WR Josh Gordon will be out four weeks with broken ribs and RB Willis McGahee will be out five weeks with a dislocated ankle.

jaymo76
07-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Week 3: :Cleveland_Browns: @ :Minnesota_Vikings:

Both teams sit at 1-1. Cleveland has a big hole to fill with Josh Gordon out. However, they get a break on D as LE Derrick Morgan makes his return. HOYER has to stop throwing pics if the Browns want to win this game!!!

First play of the game, CB Murphy makes the int. Is this a good sign for the rest of the game? Yes! The Browns dominated the Vikings in a 21-3 victory.

Key Stats:
Hoyer 23/27 192 yards and 1 int
Lewis 32 carries for 110 yards and 1 td.
Morgan 2 sacks
Buehler 5/5 fg's

However, TE Cameron out 9 weeks... this is a huge blow as he was leading the team in receptions with 19 for 198 yards.

As a result, rookie DC Jefferson signed at TE and as been added to the roster. RB Whittaker has been put on IR to make space. The two starting TE's are both rookies... this will be interesting.

steelerfan
07-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Are you playing these games or simming or some of both?

PS3 or PS4?

If you are playing and are on PS4 with it, broadcast! Let me know. :)

jaymo76
07-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Are you playing these games or simming or some of both?

PS3 or PS4?

If you are playing and are on PS4 with it, broadcast! Let me know. :)

Honestly, it's a mix. Out of division games I tend to play where as division games I play offense and super-sim the D. I do like to stream when I get a chance but that being said my quality for uploads isn't very good right now. When I play tends to be after 10pm pacific. I am going to try and make more highlight videos of the season and have them on my twitch page.

steelerfan
07-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Honestly, it's a mix. Out of division games I tend to play where as division games I play offense and super-sim the D. I do like to stream when I get a chance but that being said my quality for uploads isn't very good right now. When I play tends to be after 10pm pacific. I am going to try and make more highlight videos of the season and have them on my twitch page.

That's cool.

I don't keep a real schedule much of the time though. So, if you're going to broadcast, let me know and I'll check it out and let you know how the feed is. :up:

jaymo76
07-16-2014, 02:33 AM
:Cincinnati_Bengals: @ :Cleveland_Browns:

This game marks the return of Barkevious Mingo He's a depth player for a very strong D. Well long story short, what an awful, awful game!!! The Bengals won 20-7 and really were in control for most of the game. Hoyer was awful going 16/30 for 109 yards and 1 td with 2 ints. Campbell didn't fare much better going 8/17 for 75 yards. Dion Lewis was held from the century mark as he only had 19 carries for 67 yards.

The Browns recievers were pretty weak today, dropping seven passes combined. Newcomer TE D.C. Jefferson led the team with 5 receptions.

Injuries bit the Browns again as Te MarQueis Gray goes down with a dislocated elbow and will miss the next three weeks.

Standings after week four:

AFC North:

:Pitt_Steelers: 4-0
:Baltimore_Ravens: 3-1
:Cleveland_Browns: 2-2
:Cincinnati_Bengals: 1-3

steelerfan
07-16-2014, 03:51 AM
I wish the standings really looked like that after 4 games last year. :blush:

jaymo76
07-16-2014, 04:17 PM
I wish the standings really looked like that after 4 games last year. :blush:

Yeah I figured you would like those standings. Pittsburgh is currently #1 in the NFL and absolutely beastly on Defense. I'm not looking forward to that game. I hate travelling to Pittsburgh in all of my Madden and previously 2k dynasties. I seldom win there. However I must say that in NFL 2k3 I had my most memorable game in Pittsburgh. It was a late season Monday night game in a real snowstorm. Raiders won 22-20 on a last drive field goal. Good times!

jaymo76
07-16-2014, 05:08 PM
The Brown QB situation is not good and Owner Jay Mo is losing patience quickly.

Hoyer 92/145 862 yards 3td's 10 int. 63% completion 57.8 qb rating
* sacked 8 times thus far

Campbell 8/18 75 yards 44% completion 56.4 QB rating
* sacked 2 times

Dion Lewis has bee a real bright-spot this season with 104 carries for 434 yards and 3 td's. He is averaging 4.2 ypc. and 108.5 ypg. Throw in 14 receptions for 81 yards and it's a great season thus far.

RT Mitchell Schwartz has already given up four sacks. Keep this up and rookie tackle Reid Fragel will be starting.

On special teams give it up for David Beuhler... 9/9 for field goals and 5/5 for converts. This of course is the biggest problem for the Browns... the offense cannot score td's!!!

Next up is a date with the 3-1 Bills.

jaymo76
07-17-2014, 03:48 AM
Game 5: :Buffalo_Bills: @ :Cleveland_Browns:

Brutal. Cleveland dominated time of possession and had more rushing and passing yards and still managed to lose 24-13 due to Hoyer's QB play. He threw three pics and one went for a td. Plus Lewis could not run the ball at all. The Bills D was fierce today.

With the loss the Browns fall to 2-3. The owner also pulled the plug on Hoyer. The new starting QB iJason Campbell. This is going to be a long season...

jaymo76
07-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Game 6: :Detroit_Lions: @ :Cleveland_Browns:

Things go from bad to worse as the Browns get crushed by Detroit 20-3. The new starter, Jason Campbell went 13/36 for 133 yards. Pittiful! Dion Lewis only had 71 yards on 24 carries. A star on the team, LT Joe Thomas gave up three sacks.

The Browns now fall to 2-4.

steelerfan
07-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Ouch!

You went all-in with Campbell. Hopefully, he'll knock the rust off and right the ship!

jaymo76
07-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Game 7: :Cleveland_Browns: @ :Green_Bay_Packers:

WR Josh Gordon and TE Marqueise Gray both return to action. However, it doesn't matter in the end as the Browns drop another, 28-20 to the pack. Campbell went 19/34 169 yards 1td and 1 int. Lewis only had 16 carries for 50 yards. Gordon had 7 catches but only for 50 yards n total. D'Qwell Jackson led the D with 15 tackles. This is the 2nd game with ZERO sacks.

Buehler continues to impress going 2/2... he hasn't missed all season. With a four game losing streak I guess you need to find success somewhere???

Brutal! I feel bad for the Browns fans as this team really is awful. To make thins even better Desmond Bryant (RE) has a dislocated elbow and will be out for four weeks.

jaymo76
07-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Ouch!

You went all-in with Campbell. Hopefully, he'll knock the rust off and right the ship!

No such luck... he really looks bad. By the way I will probably stream the Pittsburgh game later tonight. I am just going through and updating the games I played earlier.

steelerfan
07-19-2014, 11:58 PM
No such luck... he really looks bad. By the way I will probably stream the Pittsburgh game later tonight. I am just going through and updating the games I played earlier.

Nice. I'm playing he Twins right now, but I'll keep an eye out!

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 12:28 AM
Game 8: :Cleveland_Browns: @ :Kansas_City_Chiefs:

The Chiefs are a big, strong team. It will be tough to win. Willis McGahee is back so that will give some more depth options. But again it doesn't matter... what a beating

Campbell killed his own team today... 22/39 273 yards 1 td 4 ints. The Chiefs won 37-10 and it was ugly. There is nothing left to say. This is a bad team that need major changes in the offseason. Campbell is also on a short leash as the 3rd stringer may be getting some action soon. In the next few weeks some deadwood will be cut and new players may be brought in if there is no change.

So at the halfway point of the season, here is the AFC North.

:Pitt_Steelers:7-1
:Baltimore_Ravens:5-3
:Cincinnati_Bengals:2-7
:Cleveland_Browns:2-7

steelerfan
07-20-2014, 12:54 AM
Standings are almost perfect. :)

JeffHCross
07-20-2014, 01:40 AM
I disrespectfully disagree. :D

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 02:21 AM
Game 10: :Baltimore_Ravens: @ :Cleveland_Browns:

Another game and another loss. Campbell was weak going 16/36 for 224 yards and 2 td's. Lewis rushed for 72 yards but it was not enough as the Ravens win 29-23.

Game 11: :Cleveland_Browns: @ :Cincinnati_Bengals:

With the bye week over, the Browns get back at it. ROLB Jabaal Sheard is out with a broken hand and backup SS Jamoris Slaughter is out with a broken collarbone. Barkevious Mingo is expected to play a big role with Sheard out. The decision was made to put Slaughter on IR and DT Tony McDaniel was signed in FA to add some more depth to the Dline. McDaniel will bt the #2 DT as Ishmaa'ily Kitchen will be moved out of the starting rotation.

So the game consisted of two terrible teams and the worst team of the two... Cleveland as they lose 26-7 to the Bengals. Campbell goes 12/31 for 158 yards and 1int. Lewis was held to 59 yards on the ground.

TE Cameron will be back next game but the news is not all godd as starting DT Phil Taylor suffers a broken tibia and will be on IR for the next 25 weeks. FA DT Clinto McDonald has been added to the roster and will move to #2 DT.

The Browns are awful. They now sit at 2-8 and have a date with the 2-8 Steelers.

In other news, C Alex Mack was resigned to a six year deal for 58.4 million. He's one of the few brightspots on the Oline. The decision was also made to bench Campbell and go with unproven QB Alex Tanney.

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Game 12: :Pitt_Steelers: @ :Cleveland_Browns:

Pittsburgh has struggled of late dropping two straight. That streak is now three games. That's right, the Browns shocked the Steelers with a dominating 24-7 win!!! The Browns ended their own 7 game losing streak with an impressive, although very boring win. Tanney's first ever start ends in victory.

The keys to the victory were:

1. Tanney 13/18 84 yards 3td 2 int. (plus two big runs)
2. Lewis 28 carries for 122 yards
3. Pittsburgh recievers dropped 8 passes
4. Cleveland D had 7 sacks!!!
5. Tony McDaniel... 6 tackles, 5 tkl, 4 sacks

Next up is a Thanksgiving Weekend matchup with the 3-8 Jags.

Starting WR Mike Thomas pulled his groin and will be out four weeks.

JeffHCross
07-20-2014, 05:36 AM
Jaymo, I'm curious, but why did you go away from Hoyer?

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Jaymo, I'm curious, but why did you go away from Hoyer?

One word... INTERCEPTIONS! Overall his completion accuracy was pretty decent as it was around 63%. However, when I pulled the trigger on Hoyer was during the Buffalo game. His stats were really bad and he had another multiple interception game (3). The last one was a pick six which basically cost us the game. Clearly his confidence was rattled as he had thrown 14 interceptions as compared to only 3 td throughout the season.

I have plans for Hoyer and he will be able to compete for the starting job next year but this year just went from bad to worse and his confidence was destroyed and he was on a massive cold streak. In retrospect I should have given him more time because the Jason Campbell experience was a poor one. Campbell will NOT be with the team NEXT season.

From what I have seen from Tanney in his one game is impressive enough to give him the rest of the season to further demonstrate his abilities. Hoyer, Tanney will be in the plan next season but I'm still not sure in what capacity??? I don't really want to use a draft pick on a QB as we have so many other holes...

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 02:04 PM
With Mike Thomas injured he will be replaced in the #2 WR spot by Greg Little. Devon Bess will be moving to the #3 receiver spot. The Browns will NOT be picking up a FA receiver at this time. Rather the goal is to see how the talent from within will perform, given the chance. Specifically the Browns want to see the emergence of Travis Benjamin. He has been doing well on returns but he needs to show he can catch the ball.

JeffHCross
07-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Jaymo, obviously the game is different than real life, but I would use what the Browns did this summer as a guideline. They still have a WR problem but otherwise had a very good off-season.

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Game 12: :Jax_Jaguars: @ :Cleveland_Browns:

Well so much for the win streak. The Jags win 12-6 in a real dog of a game. Tanney was 13/29 for 146 yards and 1 int. Lewis had 28 carries for 81 yards and with that broke 1000 yards rushing for the season. On the D, the Browns had six sacks this week. Sheard had 2 sacks in his return. Tony McDaniel recorded another sack this week after a monster game last week.

David Buehhler's perfect streak came to an end, going 2/3 for fg's. He missed from 50. It was a great run while it lasted.

Recently signed DT Clinton McDonald has a dislocated ankle and will be out the rest of the season. The decision was made to move Ahtyba Rubin to DT. He will now be starting. Brandon Deaderick has been signed as a backup DT. Injuries are out of control this season.

In the offseason there will be some position changes. Specifically Barkevious Mingo may be moved to RE and Desmond Bryant may be moved to ROLB. That switch may better fit the 4-3 attacking scheme.

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Game 13: :Cleveland_Browns: @ :NE_Patriots:

45-14 Patriots but don't let the score fool you... this was a close game. Tanney played well going 24/42 for 305 yards. However he was undone by two interceptions which were both pic six. The Browns could not run the ball at all but the passing game was very strong. Cleveland could have won this game.

Add more injuries to the list. RB Dion Lewis has a broken thumb and will be out for two weeks. RE Billy Winn has a slight shoulder tear and will miss the next game.

With a few games left the AFC West is tight.

:Pitt_Steelers: 8-5
:Baltimore_Ravens: 7-6
:Cincinnati_Bengals: 3-10
:Cleveland_Browns: 3-10

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Game 14: :Chicago_Bears: @ :Cleveland_Browns:

The Browns wear their Clemson Orange jerseys... and it works with a 24-16 victory! Tanney played really well going 22/31 for 203 yards with 1 td and 1 int. McGahee has 27 carries for 152 yards. However, he also had three fumbles. On the D, D'qwell Jackson had a huge game with 15 tackles and one sack. He is on fire! Tony McDaniel also recorded another sack. That guy needs to be resigned!!! Joe Haden had the play of the game as he had a pic six on Cutler.

That moves the Browns to 4-10 on the season.

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 04:16 PM
With two games remaining it looks like the Steelrs should hold the division.

:Pitt_Steelers: 9-5
:Baltimore_Ravens: 7-7
:Cleveland_Browns: 4-10
:Cincinnati_Bengals: 3-11

The Raven and Steelers have split the season series so the statistical odds of the Ravens winning via tie-breakers are few and far in-between. In the AFC the only two teams who have officially clinched are :Kansas_City_Chiefs: and :NE_Patriots:

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 04:52 PM
FYI... I will supersim the next game versus the Jets and then full stream on twitch the last game of the season versus the Steelers. I will probably start after 8:30pm pacific.

steelerfan
07-20-2014, 04:55 PM
FYI... I will supersim the next game versus the Jets and then full stream on twitch the last game of the season versus the Steelers. I will probably start after 8:30pm pacific.

Cool. I'll be there.

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Game 15: :Cleveland_Browns: @ :New_York_Jets:

The 2nd to last game of the season. The Browns are playing for jobs for next year. A win is far less important than talent evaluation. Rumours are swirling that owner Jay Mo plans on terminating the coaching services of coach C at the end of the season. That may also go for the head trainer??? Player interest in resigning with the Browns is minimal at this point anyways. SS T.J. Ward just turned down a $22 million dollar contract extension offer. The owner has made it clear to continue to pursue him in free agency.

Continued analysis of how the D is fitting into the attacking 4-3 scheme is necessary. Some of the players just don't fit the mold. The offseason will continue to see more 4-3 talent added to the mix (FA & Draft).

So as to the game, Browns come up with another win in a really enjoyable game... 30-23. Tanney passed for 408 yards completing 41 of 65 passes. He even had 3 td's... and 4 ints!!! McGahee had 80 yards rushing on 22 carries. He also led the Browns with 9 receptions.

That makes the Browns 5-10 going into the last game at :Pitt_Steelers: I suspect the Steelers are looking for payback. However, they may rest their starters as they won the division as they won and the Ravens lost this week.

steelerfan
07-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Here We Go, Steelers!

Are you still shooting for 8:30 Pacific?

jaymo76
07-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Here We Go, Steelers!

Are you still shooting for 8:30 Pacific?

Yeah or maybe a little later. Somewhere between 8:30pm and 8:45pm is my goal. It just depends if I can get the kids in bed on time. Are you streaming some ball tonight?

steelerfan
07-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Yeah or maybe a little later. Somewhere between 8:30pm and 8:45pm is my goal. It just depends if I can get the kids in bed on time. Are you streaming some ball tonight?

Yes, in about 5 minutes.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Game 16: :Cleveland_Browns: @ :Pitt_Steelers:

This game was epic and it came down to a last second 58 yard field goal to win it... Buehler hit the kick and the BROWNS win 23-20!!! That's right, the Browns win and they sweep the season series with the Steelers. For their last season in Cleveland they end on a high-note. Will the rivalry be the same with Toronto? It's too early to say.

Tanney had a decent game but the key was the run game and the D. Lewis had 107 yards on 24 carries. The D had 5 sacks and an interception

Final Standings for the AFC North:

:Pitt_Steelers: 10-6
:Baltimore_Ravens: 9-7
:Cleveland_Browns: 6-10
:Cincinnati_Bengals: 3-13

The season was a poor one to say the least but this is a rebuild so it is what it is.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 01:58 AM
Immediately following the end of the season, owner Jay Mo announced the following terminations,

1. the head trainer
2. the head scout
3. the head coach, Rob Chudzinski

Within hours of the terminations, Marv Lewis is announced as the new head coach of the Browns. The deal is four years 4.3 million in total.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 02:05 AM
At the end of the season the Browns also announced the following re-signings.

1. CB Jerome Murphy (2 yr 2.98 mill)
2. FS Kenny Phillips (5 yr 2.75 mill)
3. K David Beuhler (4 yr. 5.2 mill)

Coach Lewis, in an attempt to create a better fit moved ROLB Barkevious Mingo to starting RE. LE Ahtyba Rubin has been moved to starting DT. In addition, RE Billy Winn has been moved to LE. RT Mitchell Schwartz has been moved to RG and Reid Fragel has moved to starting RT.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 02:20 AM
Final season standings:

:AFC:

:Kansas_City_Chiefs: 14-2
:Denver_Broncos: 11-5
:NE_Patriots: 11-5
:Pitt_Steelers: 10-6
:Baltimore_Ravens: 9-7
:Jax_Jaguars: 7-9

And your :AFC: winner :Denver_Broncos:

:NFC:

:Detroit_Lions: 13-3
:Seattle_Seahawks: 13-3
:New_Orleans_Saints: 12-4
:Green_Bay_Packers: 11-5
:Philly_Eagles: 11-5
:Carolina_Panthers: 11-4-1

And your :NFC: winner :Detroit_Lions:

:NFL::NFL_Playoffs: The SuperBowl was fought between :Detroit_Lions: and :Denver_Broncos:

:Lombardi_Trophy: and the winner with a 42-28 victory... :Detroit_Lions:

:NFC:

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 02:23 AM
Coach Lewis continues to make changes... the following players were cut.

1. QB Jason Campbell
2. DT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen

FS Tashaun Gipson has been moved to SS to shore up that position. He will compete for a starting job.

Rudy
07-21-2014, 02:24 AM
Immediately following the end of the season, owner Jay Mo announced the following terminations,

1. the head trainer
2. the head scout
3. the head coach, Rob Chudzinski

Within hours of the terminations, Marv Lewis is announced as the new head coach of the Browns. The deal is four years 4.3 million in total.

Marvin Lewis signed for a little over $1m per season? The money in franchise was never done right. I remember in M13 how top free agent players were pretty good but guys 78-82 were dirt cheap. That meant decent starters could be signed for just over the minimum. I never had a cap or depth problem because of this. Did that change in M25? I never got that far after being annoyed with the game.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 02:42 AM
The Browns made a lot of moves in Free Agency this post season. Here is the list of additions.

QB Austin Davis
RB Darren McFadden
RB Dujuan Harris
WR Kevin Ogletree
WR Aldrick Robinson
TE Anthony McCoy
RG Mike McGlynn
SS Eddie Pleasant

The Browns also resigned FS T.J. Ward after a majr bidding war. With that, Gipson is moved back to FS.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 02:43 AM
Marvin Lewis signed for a little over $1m per season? The money in franchise was never done right. I remember in M13 how top free agent players were pretty good but guys 78-82 were dirt cheap. That meant decent starters could be signed for just over the minimum. I never had a cap or depth problem because of this. Did that change in M25? I never got that far after being annoyed with the game.

No, it' still far too easy to stack your team with 70-80ovr talent.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 02:49 AM
To free up some cap space, A TRADE has been completed between :Cleveland_Browns: and :Wash_Redskins:

The Browns get:

QB Kirk Cousins

The Redskins get:

TE Gary Barnidge
LG Jason Pinkston
MLB Tank Carder

Cousins is an excellent pickup as he will either be the starter if the Browns don't take a QB or a strong #2. All of the players given up are not starters and never will be.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 02:57 AM
Finally...

The :Cleveland_Browns: and :Houston_Texans: have a trade to announce.

The Texans get Brandon Weeden

The Browns get... a 7th round draft pick.

At this point he needed to be gone regardless of value!

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 03:08 AM
Another day another change. LE Billy Winn has been told to bulk up as he will now be playing at DT.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 03:19 AM
Justy an update on some notables...

QB Alex Tanney signed with :Minnesota_Vikings: (4 YEARS 10.2 MILLION...CRAZY!!!)
FB L. Hilliard signed with :Pitt_Steelers: (3 years 2.85 mill)
WR Michael Thomas signed with :Carolina_Panthers: (4 years 11.4 mill)

RB Willis McGahee retired...

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 04:12 AM
Draft results:

1. CB Archie Goltry
2. ROLB Akeem Monroe
3. ROLB Tony Wark
3. WR Bennet Erik
4. RB Yao Olamfortone
4. CB Jason Romano
5. DT Santario Johns
5. WR Emanuel Doyle
6. LOLB Delonte McNeil
7. FB Jacorie Priester
7. MLB Meik Lark

Goltry is going to be a stud and Priester is a huge steal late in the draft. A few of the other players are projects (eg. Tony Wark).

JeffHCross
07-21-2014, 05:38 AM
Toronto, eh? I wondered if you were doing a relocation dynasty.

JBHuskers
07-21-2014, 08:47 AM
The CFM I started early in the 25 cycle, a team went to London in year two.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Toronto, eh? I wondered if you were doing a relocation dynasty.

Yeah all though I kind of regret it. The city and the unis started to grow on me by the end of the season. The Toronto Mounties unis are pretty ugly although the stadium is nice. I may stream a game on twitch later to show off the horrendous things. Since this dynasty is to just hold me off until Madden 15 I don't really mind the outcomes. The Raiders moved to Brooklyn to become the Beats and the Rams moved to London to become the Black Nights. I will be turning off relocation for Madden 15, that's for sure.

Speaking of Madden 15 I may use two teams... the Raiders and the Browns. However, just saying it now I have no interest in having Manziel on the team.

texacotea
07-21-2014, 03:05 PM
So Jay z bought a football team also?

Just trade johnny football.

JeffHCross
07-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Speaking of Madden 15 I may use two teams... the Raiders and the Browns. However, just saying it now I have no interest in having Manziel on the team.I don't blame you. Hopefully Madden overrates him and you can get good trade bait out of him :)

Rudy
07-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Haters! Manziel would be a blast to play with if you are willing to change your offense. I'm waiting to see how M15 uses him. I want to see scrambles and throwing on the run. EA never has QBs throw after they decide to scramble and that's his most exciting trait.

jaymo76
07-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Haters! Manziel would be a blast to play with if you are willing to change your offense. I'm waiting to see how M15 uses him. I want to see scrambles and throwing on the run. EA never has QBs throw after they decide to scramble and that's his most exciting trait.

The problem is as is always the case that he will be far too highly overrated. I could easily see the "Michael Vick" effect where he run and passes for a million yards as a rookie.

JeffHCross
07-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Haters! Manziel would be a blast to play with if you are willing to change your offense. I'm waiting to see how M15 uses him. I want to see scrambles and throwing on the run. EA never has QBs throw after they decide to scramble and that's his most exciting trait.I'd have no problem playing with him; if I could use my playbook from NCAA. But Madden playbooks lack a lot of the stuff I like to do with mobile quarterbacks. Sure, it has the pistol, but it just doesn't do enough to make it worth it, IMO.