PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 15 - The Gauntlet

JBHuskers
07-10-2014, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6n5lDaZAMk&feature=youtu.be

CLW
07-10-2014, 07:33 PM
ZZZZZZZ....... I'm sure it has trophies though forcing me to play it and then EA can talk about how "successful" the new mode was.

GatorfanStovy
07-10-2014, 08:53 PM
ZZZZZZZ....... I'm sure it has trophies though forcing me to play it and then EA can talk about how "successful" the new mode was.

:fp: don't buy it then if you want trophies out of it.

souljahbill
07-10-2014, 09:30 PM
:fp: don't buy it then if you want trophies out of it.

LOL!

You're funny..........for the wrong reasons.

jaymo76
07-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Interesting idea but I don't see myself getting too involved in it. On another note... that may be some of the most annoying commentary ever!

Rudy
07-11-2014, 05:05 AM
I think that will be fun myself. My son will love it.

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Two things. First, this is what the Madden team pissed away time on this year? Ugh. :fp: :fp: :fp:

Second, I agree with Jaymo. Whatever annoying cunt that was talking on that video, he deserves to be beaten with a tire iron. :fp:

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

JBHuskers
07-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Remember the key fact that just because there is a new mode, doesn't mean the entire team was working on it.

skipwondah33
07-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Remember the key fact that just because there is a new mode, doesn't mean the entire team was working on it.:D
:D

Us gamers are a particular bunch.

JBHuskers
07-11-2014, 09:42 AM
There's a little group of people in a company called marketing that require certain things to be in your product so they can market to the masses.

cdj
07-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Second, I agree with Jaymo. Whatever annoying cunt that was talking on that video, he deserves to be beaten with a tire iron. :fp:

The voiceover work (which I think is only before/after each level, not necessarily commentary) is the voice of Cam Newton.

I've heard a very small group of people put this together and that it is actually pretty fun. The goal of it is to be a different way to practice playing the game. Instead of a repetitive 'run the play again and again' methodology, they've added in some goofy scenarios to work on following blockers, hitting the open man, etc.

I'm kind of floored that they put in a Leaderboard with it to compete against friends. Sorry to say, but EA usually isn't the best at adding online components (such as Leaderboards) with new features like this.

With that, Madden is typically so dry, it again surprises me this got approved and put in. I don't know what kind of longevity this will have, but IMO short term it looks like one of the more fun additions Madden has added in a very long time.

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2014, 01:11 PM
The voiceover work (which I think is only before/after each level, not necessarily commentary) is the voice of Cam Newton.

That was Cam? Well, still, ugh. That was extremely painful to listen to.

Rudy
07-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I used to like the tug of war and bowling mini games NCAA had. Backbreaker's gauntlet was fun too.

GatorfanStovy
07-12-2014, 05:25 AM
That was Cam? Well, still, ugh. That was extremely painful to listen to.

That sounds like a cam's voice.

jaymo76
07-12-2014, 11:12 PM
According to the Press Row Podacst there are like 48 different tasks/mini games this year? After that you then run the gauntlet? I'm just not willing to put in that much time for mini-games.

Rudy
07-13-2014, 04:10 AM
Aren't the practices in franchise the mini games now? You'll be doing them eventually.

jaymo76
07-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Aren't the practices in franchise the mini games now? You'll be doing them eventually.

Yes, I think you are right about that.

Rudy
07-13-2014, 02:50 PM
I would like to get a franchise blog soon.

jaymo76
07-13-2014, 03:33 PM
I would like to get a franchise blog soon.

Well the fact that we haven't heard anything leads me to believe there is little to tell. The same thing happened with madden 11... no information on franchise and then we found out a few weeks from release there were no changes.

CLW
07-13-2014, 06:36 PM
yep betting 0 changes to franchise mode which is one of the BIGGEST diff between the NCAA and Madden crowds.

Let's face it the NCAA crowd was more interested in dynasty mode (both offline against the CPU and ODs against friends).

Your "average" Madden guy only cares about playing randoms online and MUT.

Thus the different focus on the titles. NCAA diehards have little to look forward to from Madden as my taste are in complete disagreement with the average Madden gamer.

cdj
07-13-2014, 06:54 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought CFM was the sole task of the Austin studio. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some significant changes, especially with that being the only aspect they work on there.

CLW - I do agree with your last line. Unfortunately, I am not seeing much of an approach by M15 to reach out to the displaced NCAA community, in marketing or game design.

skipwondah33
07-13-2014, 07:33 PM
I only care for Gameplay additions and upgrades. Every year that's all I want. That should be focus before everything else IMO.

Never have played MUT and don't play random people and don't care for CFM either. Strictly leagues with guys I've played with for years.

The both fail/ed in that aspect every year unfortunately

cdj
07-15-2014, 08:07 AM
From Bleacher Report: Assistant Producer Danny Doeberling Talks Skills Trainer and Gauntlet (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2129869-madden-15-assistant-producer-danny-doeberling-talks-skills-trainer-and-gauntlet?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Brian Mazique: Talk a little about what the objective was with the Skills Trainer/Gauntlet modes in Madden 15.

Danny Doeberling: Skills Trainer/Gauntlet is a fun way to learn how to play the game, new game mechanics, and make yourself a better player. Our development team made it a priority this year to create a mode that would be welcoming for new users and help them learn both how to play the game, as well as for the first time teach general football concepts.

We believe that Skills Trainer/Gauntlet is not just for new players, but is beneficial to vets as well. Skills Trainer has been expanded to teach strategy as well as game skills, and the Gauntlet presents 40 increasingly challenging levels to see if you're a true Madden master.

DD: When we set out this year to teach players basic football concepts inside Skills Trainer we looked at what players were struggling with the most. A good chunk of the people that play-tested the game would call Defensive concepts like Cover 2 and have no idea what it really was.

Inside the mode we break down the major defensive concepts. We explain what it is, how to recognize it, and how to attack it. We also cover 12 basic pass concepts to help the user have a better understanding of why to call certain plays. We feel that by increasing a person's football IQ, it will help even the playing field against someone who excels with stick skills.

BM: Do these modes play a role in Connected Franchise, or online play?

DD: Skills Trainer is integrated into Connected Franchise. The player also has an opportunity to earn Ultimate Team rewards inside the mode by earning all bronze medals in a Skills Trainer category.

BM: Creating a player whose attributes were determined by the outcome in Skills Trainer exercises would be awesome. Does that exist in Madden 15, or has it been discussed for future versions?

DD: In Connected Franchise, players can partake in Skills Trainer tutorials and drills in a weekly practice session we call Game Prep. The user can choose which players they want to enter into a Game Prep session. Based on the success of the tutorial/drill in Game Prep, it will earn their player XP to help boost their attributes.