PDA

View Full Version : MLB The Show: steelerfan's RTTS Progress

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 12:14 AM
So I started RTTS Tuesday evening, deciding to play as a Closer. Amazingly, I am at the All-Star Break of my second season already. It's crazy how quick you can move when you only pitch an inning every few days.

Anyway, I was drafted by the Twins in the 5th round but I chose not to sign and, instead, went the 4-year University route. I was then taken in the 1st round, 13th overall, by the Giants.

I started out at AA Richmond and made 12 appearances for the Flying Squirrels before being promoted to AAA Fresno. With Richmond, I went 1-0 with a 2.03 ERA, 9 Saves, 1 Blown Save, 6 K and 4 BB with a 1.13 WHIP in 13.1 IP.

After my mid-May promotion to Fresno, I made several appearances for the Grizzlies before I was dealt to Oakland along with CF Angel Pagan and SP Edwin Escobar for CF Coco Crisp.

I finished the season in the A's organization at AAA Sacramento, with the River Cats. I definitely struggled at the AAA level. In 29 outings, I was 0-2 with a 5.55 ERA, 18 Saves, 9 Blown Saves, a Hold, 24 K and 2 BB with a 1.73 WHIP in 24.1 IP.

In the offseason, I signed a new 1-year deal with Oakland for $87.5k.

I started 2015 back in Sacramento but, after just 4 appearances, I was shipped to the Cubs with SP Raul Alcantara and RP Lou Liriano for RP Blake Parker and SP Edwin Jackson.

I just got to pitch a perfect 7th inning at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati as part of the Futures game and I'm currently 1-0 with a 1.38 ERA at AAA Iowa. I have 23 Saves and 4 Blown Saves with 2 Holds in 26 IP. I've struck out 26 and walked just 3 and my WHIP is 0.92.

I'll probably finish my second season before jumping back into my Astros Franchise.

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 12:33 AM
And just now, I pitched the 7th inning of the AAA All-Star Game, representing the Pacific Coast League. The PCL was victorious, 3-0.

For the record, the Dodgers beat the Yankees (!) in the 2014 World Series and USA beat the World in the 2015 Futures Game (5-1).

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 03:09 AM
Just finished the 2015 season with the Iowa Cubs. Unfortunately, at 77-67 we missed out on the playoffs finishing 2 games behind the Omaha Storm Chasers.

I wasn't eligible to be called up in September since I'm still not on the 40-man roster.

Tampa Bay won the World Series over the defending champion Dodgers.

I hit a rough patch in the second half of the season as Dynamic Difficulty bumped me to Hall of Fame Difficulty. However, I still had a very good season in AAA. I made 44 appearances going 1-2 with a 2.77 ERA. I recorded 34 Saves with 8 Blown Saves, 2 Holds, 31 K and 8 BB in 39.0 IP. My WHIP was 1.18 and I allowed just 2 home runs and 13 runs (12 earned).

In the offseason, I re-signed with the Cubs for 1 year and 91k.

At 24, I'm now on the 40-man and am headed to Spring Training as part of the Chicago bullpen.

texacotea
07-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Did you ask for a trade?

Been thinking of doing a closer got a starter but like the movement of a closer

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Did you ask for a trade?

Been thinking of doing a closer got a starter but like the movement of a closer

No, I didn't. I have never asked for a trade but have been moved twice.

I got a couple weeks into Spring Training with Chicago and have been working out of the bullpen. In 6 games I've pitched 6 scoreless innings and have allowed just 1 hit and 2 walks so I'm off to a great start. I'm going to have to have a great Spring to have a chance to make the Cubs' Opening Day roster.

Ratings-wise I'm a bit of a stretch to stick in Chicago so my hope is that a solid Spring will improve my chances. That failing, maybe an injury, trade, or someone else's poor performance will get me called up soon. If not, I should definitely debut in September now that I'm on the 40-man roster.

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Just finished up Spring Training 2016. I had a very strong showing (though DD upped me to Legend in the last week). For the Cubs, I made 13 appearances (12.1 IP) and went 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA and 4 Holds.

Unfortunately, in my haste to see if I made the big club, I didn't get the rest of my stats. That said, I did enough in the Spring to open 2016 in Chicago with the Cubs. They have me slotted as a middle reliever.

MLB here I come!

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Two things that I forgot to mention.

The highlight of the Spring for me was facing the Giants (the team that drafted me) and the A's (the team that shipped me to Chicago. Against the Giants, I got to face Coco Crisp. I was part of a package deal that sent Crisp from Oakland to San Francisco 2 seasons ago so I definitely wanted to get his ass out to show the Giants what they gave up on. I got him to ground weakly to first. Quite satisfying. :)

Additionally, by making the Opening Day roster, I now have a Major League contract. Bye bye 91k per year. Hello 500k.

JBHuskers
07-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Blow and hookers for everyone!

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 04:18 PM
I made my Major League debut in the Cubs second game of the season, home against the Mets.

I was brought into a scoreless tie in the top of the ninth. I gave up a single to the second batter but survived the inning unscathed. However, I was brought back to pitch the tenth and faced just 3 batters before being lifted. Single, strikeout, RBI double.

I took a 1-0 loss in ten innings, going 1.1 allowing 3 hits with 2 Ks and no walks. Rough start to my big league career.

JBHuskers
07-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Back to Iowa for you!

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Blow and hookers for everyone!

steelerfan
07-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Back to Iowa for you!

I can't fund the hookers and blow on a AAA salary. :fdown:

jaymo76
07-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Hoping you will get back to this mode after your RTTS season. We need to find out the fate of your pitcher. Will you get to stay with the Cubs or are you going back down? With a glutton of players at 3rd in my RTTS I am beginning to wonder if I will be moved?

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 02:11 AM
I've been playing this again, off and on, since I finished my 2015 Astros Spring Training. I just haven't been posting, out of laziness.

Anyway, I just finished my third season which began in the Cubs bullpen as a middle reliever. I was eventually sent back to AAA Iowa, for about six weeks. However, a strong performance down there got me back to Chicago in July.

When I returned to the Bigs, I took over the closing role. Unfortunately, it didn't last. By September I was back in a middle relief role to finish the season.

The Cubs suffered through a horrible season going 63-99. My numbers weren't great by any stretch, but they weren't awful either.

In AAA Iowa, I made 21 appearances and was 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA. I had 18 saves, 2 blown saves and a hold in 18.0 innings. I struck out 17 and walked 5 while posting a 1.22 WHIP.

In the Majors with the Cubs, I made 49 appearances and was 3-6 with a 4.84 ERA. I had 11 saves, 3 blown saves and 4 holds in 48.1 innings. I struck out 35 and walked 10 while posting a 1.55 WHIP.

My first MLB appearance and strikeout both came on April 1st against the Mets. I earned my first career win at Busch Stadium on May 2nd against the Cardinals and got my first save against the Giants on June 27th.

The Dodgers were the best team in baseball going 106-56 and then going on to defeat the Mariners in six games to win the World Series.

Of interest, the Blue Jays win the AL East at 86-76 but were swept by the Royals in the ALDS, 3-0.

Houston went 63-99 in 2016. Pathetic.

The Cubs crosstown rivals, the White Sox, were a MLB worst 53-109. That meant that the 2 Chicago teams combined for 208 losses and just 116 wins.

The Pirates won the NL Central at 94-68. Pittsburgh beat Washington in the NLDS in 4 but lost to LA in 6 in the NLCS.

The Rockies were terrible, going 68-94.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 02:21 AM
After some serious negotiating, I signed a one year deal to stay with the Cubs for $592,500. Their original offer was $500K.

My career earnings are $655,129.

steelerfan
09-08-2014, 02:23 AM
My Overall rating went up 7 points in 2016. I started the season at 67 and now sit at 74. I'm 25 with A Potential.

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 03:22 PM
I jumped back on this, in anticipation of the release off 15.

I finished up the 2017 Spring and I struggled. In 16 appearances from the Cubs bullpen, I was 0-1 with a 10.80 ERA. I had 4 Holds in 10.0 innings while allowing 21 hits and 12 runs (all earned). I also allowed 4 long balls and walked 2 while striking out 5 for a 2.30 WHIP.

Despite my struggles, I have made the Cubs Opening Day roster as a long reliever. Not a role that I want but probably the best I could expect given the terrible Spring that I had.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 03:34 PM
In my season debut, I earned the win in a 10-9 10-inning victory over Milwaukee at Wrigley. I pitched a perfect 10th and the Cubbies moved to 2-0 on the young season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 03:55 PM
In the 8th game of the season, with the Cubs at 4-3, I got my second appearance. I entered a scoreless game in Milwaukee with 2 on and 2 out in the bottom of the third. I worked out of that jam and wound up going 2.1 scoreless innings allowing 2 hits and striking out 1.

I also got an RBI single in the top of the 5th and left the game in the top of the 6th with a 1-0 lead. The Cubs went on to win 6-2 to improve to 5-3 and I registered my 2nd win of the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 04:05 PM
The very next afternoon, I entered the game with 1 out in the bottom of the 4th, a runner on first and with the Brewers leading 6-0.

I worked out of the inning despite walking the first batter that I faced and was pinch hit for in the top of the 5th. The Brewers went on to win 6-2, dumping Chicago to 5-4 on the year.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
02-15-2015, 05:05 PM
I think the twitch Steeler MLB stream needs to begin again asap! :)

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 05:20 PM
I think the twitch Steeler MLB stream needs to begin again asap! :)
That can be arranged. When are you available?

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 06:19 PM
I made my next appearance in St. Louis, coming on in the bottom of the 2nd with 2 on and 2 out and with the Cards leading 2-0. I worked out of the jam despite giving up a single as the lead runner was thrown out at the plate.

I led off the top of the 3rd with a line out to first but that assured me of another inning on the hill.

I surrendered a 2-out walk in the bottom of the third inning but got out unscathed to get to the fourth.

The Cubs still led 2-0 going to the bottom of the fourth. I pitched a 1-2-3 4th that included a strikeout of Cardinal pitcher Michael Wacha.

Despite beginning to tire, I was left in to pitch the bottom of the 5th, still trailing 2-0. Another perfect inning included a fastball that hit 101 on the gun. I don't remember hitting such a high velocity before.

I was pinch hit for in the top of the 6th and the Cardinals went on to win, 5-0. Despite the team's loss, I had a strong outing. I went 3.1 scoreless innings, allowing one hit while striking out 1 and walking 1. The loss dropped the Cubs to 5-6 on the year.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Two nights later, I entered the game in the bottom of the 5th inning in Pittsburgh where the Pirates led 4-0. The bases were empty with 2 away.

I walked Giancarlo Stanton to start things off and then allowed a single to left to Pedro Alvarez. That was followed by a Neil Walker single to left but, fortunately, Stanton was gunned down at the plate by LF Junior Lake to end the inning.

Not my best outing but I still haven't allowed a run in 2017. However, the Pirates were 7-0 winners as the Cubs managed just 1 hit off of Pittsburgh's James Taillon and Chicago fell to 6-7.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 06:42 PM
The next night in Pittsburgh I was called on to come in in the bottom of the 4th with 2 on and 1 out and a 5-2 deficit.

I got Pedro Alvarez to ground into a 6-4-3 double play and my night was done.

Pittsburgh went on to win, 6-3 and the Cubs are now 6-8.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 06:57 PM
No rest for the weary.

The next afternoon I was back in the game early. This time with the bases loaded and nobody out in the bottom of the 2nd with a 5-0 deficit. Sheesh. Oh, to add to the problem Stanton was due up next.

Stanton popped to short bringing up Alvarez. Alvarez unloaded the bases with a grand slam to right and with that I had surrendered my first run of the season and the Buccos led 9-0. The next 2 batters flew out and my day was finished.

Bad outing and a sweep by Pittsburgh. The Cubs are now 6-9.

Of note, Pedo Alvarez went 4 for 6 with a homer, 2 doubles, 3 runs and a whopping 10 RBI in the Pirates 16-1 win in the finale.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
02-15-2015, 08:05 PM
That can be arranged. When are you available?

#TheScriptIsDead

Probably most nights this week around 8:30pm. Maybe a party chat this week to catch up on "old times?"

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Probably most nights this week around 8:30pm. Maybe a party chat this week to catch up on "old times?"
Sure. Let me know which night works best. :up:

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 10:58 PM
We returned home for 8 games - 4 each with the Cardinals and the Pirates. I was back at it without any rest in the opener with St. Louis.

Bases empty, 1 out in the top of the 9th with the Cards leading 5-2. I allowed an infield single and struck one out to get the home side to the bottom of the 9th but the Cardinals held on for the 5-2 win.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 11:04 PM
I got the next night off and entered game 3 with a 6-4 lead in the top of the eighth with runners on the corners and 1 out. 5-4-3 on my first pitch and the inning was over.

I was lifted for a pinch hitter in the bottom of the 8th and the Cubs held on for a 6-4 win to improve to 8-10.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-15-2015, 11:12 PM
My next appearance came in the second of 4 with Pittsburgh. Trailing 7-0, I came on in the top of the 8th. I pitched a 1-2-3 8th which was punctuated by a strike out of Andrew McCutcheon.

A pinch hitter ended my night in the bottom half of the inning and Pittsburgh won the game, 7-3. The Cubs drop to 9-12.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-16-2015, 02:11 PM
I got my next opportunity in the finale with the Pirates. 2 on and nobody out in the top of the 5th with Pittsburgh leading 3-0.

Both of my inherited runners scored as I allowed a hit and a walk in my lone inning on the hill before being pinch hit for. The Pirates went on to win easily, 14-1.

The Cubs are now 10-13 and hit the road for 3 in Cincinnati and 2 at Yankee Stadium to finish the month of April.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-16-2015, 02:33 PM
I was back at it in the opener in Cincinnati. Called from the 'pen in the bottom of the 2nd with 2 on and 1 out and the Reds leading 7-1.

After walking the lead off man, I got a 6-4-3 to end the inning.

I struck out swinging in the top of the 3rd but it gave me another chance to pitch in the bottom half. I allowed a single to my opposite number to lead off the inning but came away unscathed.

In the bottom of the 4th I struck out Jay Bruce who leads the Majors with 12 homers and I wound up with a pair of punch outs in a 1-2-3 inning to finish my night.

The Reds ended up winning 7-1 but I allowed just 1 hit and 1 walk to go with 2 strikeouts in 2.2 scoreless innings. The Cubbies are now 10-14.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-16-2015, 02:39 PM
I'm starting to get a little frustrated with my role on the team. The Cubs are struggling and I feel that my performance warrants me getting more important innings. In this long relief role, I'm typically getting mop-up duty. My 0.59 ERA through 15.1 innings, I feel, demands that I get into close games and help give this struggling club a chance to win more.

It might be time to make my feelings known. I'm going to think on it for a few days.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-16-2015, 05:47 PM
Didn't see the field again until the second game at Yankee Stadium. I was called upon in the bottom of the 4th with 1 out and the bases loaded. The Yankees led, 3-0.

2 inherited runners came across in the 4th but I was kept in to start the 5th with the score now 5-1.

I allowed a 2-out single in the fifth but it was an otherwise uneventful inning. I would be allowed to pitch the 6th with the score still 5-1 Yankees.

I struck out the American League's leading hitter, DH Fernando Santiago (.404), to start the 6th. However, Jacoby Ellsbury took me deep to right in the next AB. My night ended after the 6th and the Yankees wound up winning 7-3.

I allowed 3 hits and a run with one strike out in 2.2 innings.

For the month of April, I was 2-0 with an ERA of 1.00. I made 13 appearances, pitching 18.0 innings and recording one Hold. I struck out 8 and walked 5, allowing 2 home runs. I was 1 for 3 at the plate with an RBI and a strike out. Lefties hit .346 against me while righties hit just .114.

The Cubs are 4th in the NL Central at 13-15, 3 games back of St. Louis (16-12). The Dodgers have the best record in baseball at 23-8.

Of note, the Astros are 3rd in the AL West at 14-13, the Blue Jays are 3rd in the AL East at 13-14, the Rockies are 5th in the NL West at 9-19 and the Pirates are 3rd in the NL Central at 13-15.

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
02-16-2015, 06:52 PM
Sigh. The Rockies always suck in these games.

Good updates man. I've been starting to feel the MLB bug myself lately. Debating on firing up 14 in the coming weeks and resuming my RTTS career or waiting until 15 releases to resume it after transferring it over.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
02-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Sigh. The Rockies always suck in these games.

Good updates man. I've been starting to feel the MLB bug myself lately. Debating on firing up 14 in the coming weeks and resuming my RTTS career or waiting until 15 releases to resume it after transferring it over.

#TheScriptIsDead

I thought I was the only one but I have had this need to put on The Show... maybe this weekend???

SmoothPancakes
02-16-2015, 07:55 PM
I thought I was the only one but I have had this need to put on The Show... maybe this weekend???
Yeah, I've had this really strong desire to play MLB for the past two weeks and resume my RTTS. I also have been wanting to get my next game played (and keep rolling) in my NCAA dynasty for the past couple weeks since my last update. I'm gonna have to find some time to just sit down and knock out some MLB and NCAA games.

If I fire up MLB before 15 releases, I'll be doing as I was before and streaming it on Twitch while playing.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-16-2015, 09:43 PM
I've had the itch for The Show recently too. I decided this was a good weekend to get a little RTTS in. I'm at a bit of a standstill with FIFA because I don't want to start another season this close to The Show 15 so I figured what the hell.

That, and the fact that my daughter was on my FIFA PS4 (where my highlights are saved) all weekend and I had nothing else to do. :)

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-18-2015, 05:22 PM
A 9 game home stand will see Boston, Colorado and Cincinnati all come to Wrigley to start the month of May.

In the opener with the Red Sox I was called on in the top of the 9th. I came in to face Dustin Pedroia with a runner on first, two away and the Cubs leading 9-5.

Pedroia doubled in the runner that I inherited and I was pulled from the game without recording an out. Chicago held on for the win, 9-6.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-18-2015, 05:30 PM
In game 2, I came in in the top of the 5th with a runner at first and one out. The Red Sox led, 5-1. I got through the test of the 5th without allowing a batter to reach base but my night ended there.

The Cubs rallied from an eventual 6-1 deficit to win it 7-6. Chicago has gotten back to .500 at 15-15.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Game 3 saw the Sox jump to another big lead early and I was called on in the top of the 4th with one on and nobody out and Boston leading 5-0.

No damage in the 5th as a single followed a 5-4-3 double play but that runner was stranded.

In the 6th I allowed a sequence of single-triple-single sandwiched between a pair of flyouts and was lifted with 2 away.

It was a poor outing for me as I allowed 2 runs on 4 hits in 1.2 innings and the Sox went on to win 8-0.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-19-2015, 02:37 AM
Surprisingly, I did not get into the next 7 games. By the time my number was called again, we were in St. Louis and were trailing the Cards 6-1 with 2 outs and a runner at second in the bottom of the 3rd in a Sunday night Mother's Day match up.

I got the only hitter I faced in the 3rd to fly to center and was on to the 4th still down 6-1.

In the 4th I allowed a walk and a single but I also recorded a punch out and got a scoreless inning of work in before giving way to a pinch hitter.

We wound up losing the game 7-3 but I had a pretty good outing, lasting 1.1 innings.

The loss dropped the Cubs to 18-21.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-19-2015, 02:59 AM
3 days later we were in Toronto and I came on in the bottom of the 5th. Runner at 2nd, no outs and the Jays led 6-5.

A punch out and a pair of ground outs ended that that and I took the hill again in the 6th, still trailing 6-5.

I danced out of trouble in the 6th, after giving up a pair of singles to start the inning, by getting a double play ball and a flyout.

It was still 6-5 Toronto when I cane out for the 7th. I allowed a 2-out double followed by a walk but escaped without allowing a run and my night was finished.

Toronto held on for a 6-5 win and dropped us to 19-23 on the year. I pitched 3 scoreless innings, allowing 3 hits and a walk with one strikeout.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-19-2015, 02:14 PM
After sitting out 4 games, I was back at it at Wrigley Field when I was called in to start the 10th inning of a 4-4 game with Philadelphia.

A strikeout and a walk were the only notables in the 10th and I was able to come back out to pitch the 11th.

A single, a punch out and a triple ended my night with the potential loss on my hands but the Cubs forced a 12th inning by knotting the score at 5. Eventually Chicago won 6-5 in 17 innings.

For my part, it was an unimpressive outing which was disappointing because I'd been wanting "important" innings. In 1.1 innings I allowed a run on 2 hits and a walk with a pair of strikeouts, raising my ERA to 1.73.

With the win, the Cubs are now 22-25 and are 3rd in the NL Central, 7 games behind the division-leading Reds.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-19-2015, 02:40 PM
I was called on the next night, entering the game in the top of the 2nd and trailing Philadelphia 3-2.

I pitched a 1-2-3 2nd inning that included a strikeout and I had a chance to bat with no one on and 2 out in the bottom half of the inning. I popped out to first and we were on to the 3rd.

Dominic Brown hit a 1-out home run, his second of the game, off of me in the 3rd but that was the only damage as I followed the long ball with a pair of strikeouts.

Still trailing, 4-2, I was left in to pitch the 4th inning. I struck one out and allowed a double but no one scored in the inning and my night was over.

The Phillies won, 5-4. I pitched 3 innings, allowing a run on 2 hits with a career-best 4 strikeouts. The loss dumped us to 22-26 on the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-19-2015, 10:35 PM
2 days later, I was brought in to start the bottom of the 8th in Atlanta with the Braves leading, 6-0.

I gave up a pair of singles but no runs in 2/3 of an inning and the Braves held on for the 6-0 win. The loss puts Chicago at 22-28 through 50 games this season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-19-2015, 10:45 PM
The next night, I was back on the hill coming on to start the bottom of the 5th with a 5-2 deficit in Atlanta.

A triple and an error (E1) had runners at the corners with one away but a double play got me out of trouble in my only inning of work.

The Braves won it, 7-3 and Chicago is now 22-29.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-19-2015, 10:59 PM
I didn't get into any of the 4 remaining games in May.

Through the end of May, I am 2-0 with a 1.76 ERA in 30.2 innings of work over 22 appearances. I have struck out 17 and walked 8 while allowing 3 home runs. My WHIP is 1.21, lefties are batting .340 against me, righties are .197 and my overall opponent batting average is .257.

Our closer, Joakim Soria is having a good year. He's converted 16 of 19 save opportunities with an ERA of 2.38. Because of this, I'm not really hopeful that I'll take his spot but I'd love the opportunity to slide into a setup role as I still think my abilities are being wasted on being an "innings-eater".

At 25-30, the Cubs are 4th in the NL Central, 10.5 games behind Cincinnati. The Reds (37-21) have the second best record in all of baseball, behind only the Dodgers (39-20).

Of note, the Blue Jays are 4th in the AL East at 27-29, the Astros are 4th in the AL West at 27-30, the Pirates are 3rd in the NL Central at 26-30 and the Rockies are 5th in the NL West at 24-34.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-21-2015, 10:02 PM
My next outing was against the Giants in San Francisco. I was called upon with one on and one out in the boron of the 5th and with the Giants leading 5-0.

The runner that I inherited was caught trying to steal second meaning that the subsequent triple and walk that I allowed did not result in any runs. However, my night was finished and we lost, 6-3 and fell to 25-31.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Two nights later I took the mound in Arizona, trailing 3-0 in the bottom of the 5th with one on and one out.

AJ Pollock hit a two-run homer to left center to get my night off to a horrible start. I retired the next 3 in order but the damage was done and the Diamondbacks led 5-0.

I only pitched the one inning and we were on the wrong side of the 5-0 final. The Cubs are now 25-33, having lost 8 of 11.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-21-2015, 10:32 PM
After the game in Arizona, I was optioned to AAA Iowa to be the Iowa Cubs closer. With a 1.95 ERA in the Majors, I was infuriated and felt the move was completely unjust.

I really have to consider whether or not I want to continue with the Chicago Cubs organization. I truly feel that I have the talent to stick in the Majors at this point and I believe that my performance thus far in 2017 backs up that notion.

Of course, my contract expires after this season and at that point (and perhaps before) it may be time to show the club that I won't be shuffled about when I should have a significant role with their big league squad, particularly when that club is struggling.

I'm not satisfied with the thought process that Iowa will give me a chance to develop as a closer. There are clubs like Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Cleveland, Kansas City, Texas, Houston, the Mets and Philadelphia who I believe would let me close for their Major League club now.

I need to cool off before making such a big decision, in any case.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
02-22-2015, 12:54 AM
After the game in Arizona, I was optioned to AAA Iowa to be the Iowa Cubs closer. With a 1.95 ERA in the Majors, I was infuriated and felt the move was completely unjust.

I really have to consider whether or not I want to continue with the Chicago Cubs organization. I truly feel that I have the talent to stick in the Majors at this point and I believe that my performance thus far in 2017 backs up that notion.

Of course, my contract expires after this season and at that point (and perhaps before) it may be time to show the club that I won't be shuffled about when I should have a significant role with their big league squad, particularly when that club is struggling.

I'm not satisfied with the thought process that Iowa will give me a chance to develop as a closer. There are clubs like Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Cleveland, Kansas City, Texas, Houston, the Mets and Philadelphia who I believe would let me close for their Major League club now.

I need to cool off before making such a big decision, in any case.

#TheScriptIsDead

Wow! That is unbelievable. Your guy is lights out and you are going back to AAA. Unbelievable! I must say that I find the logic in RTTS very flawed. My own #rd baseman RTTS is proff of that.

The real Q is do you want to be a long-term Chicago guy? If so, suck it up and you may be "the guy" as early as next season. However, if you want it NOW, then call for the trade. The real downside is that the team you go to you may not want to be a part of. Just imagine what a pitching career in Colorado would be like with the stadium they have and the altitude?

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 03:48 AM
Wow! That is unbelievable. Your guy is lights out and you are going back to AAA. Unbelievable! I must say that I find the logic in RTTS very flawed. My own #rd baseman RTTS is proff of that.

The real Q is do you want to be a long-term Chicago guy? If so, suck it up and you may be "the guy" as early as next season. However, if you want it NOW, then call for the trade. The real downside is that the team you go to you may not want to be a part of. Just imagine what a pitching career in Colorado would be like with the stadium they have and the altitude?
The game only offers RETIRE right now in the Player Interactions. I'm assuming it's going to make me play a bit before I can ask for a trade or anything. To be honest, that's best. It's keeping me from making a knee jerk decision.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 03:56 AM
A few days later, I was able to take the field as the closer in Iowa. I came in with a 3-1 lead on the 9th against Salt Lake.

The 9th went 4-3, K, P5 and, just like that, I had my first save of 2017.

The Iowa Cubs are now 29-37.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 04:04 AM
A week later we had a 5-4 lead on the 9th in Fresno and I was called on again.

I got my second save, despite a single and an intentional walk.

The Cubs are now 33-40.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 01:56 PM
The next night, still in Fresno, I came in to start the 9th inning with a 2-0 lead.

5-3, K, K and an easy save.

Obviously, I'm off to a very good start in Iowa but my goal is still to be in the big leagues and playing an important relief role. Ideally it would be with a club that is a consistent playoff team but I need to be a mainstay before I get caught up in team results.

Iowa improves to 34-40.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 02:05 PM
4 nights later in Sacramento I entered another save situation starting the ninth with a 6-4 lead.

I gave up a 2-out single but struck out the next batter looking for my 4th save in as many tries in this latest stint with Iowa.

With the 6-4 win, the Cubs improve to 37-41.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Next up was a home game against Oklahoma City. I came on to pitch the 9th with a 2-1 lead.

I made quick work of the RedHawks, L3, P3, L5, and that marked my 5th save and improved the club's record to 38-43.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 02:25 PM
My next outing was at home in a 5-5 game in the top of the 12th against Omaha.

I faced 2 batters and struck out the first before allowing a single. Facing the 3rd batter, I had to be replaced due to injury and we wound up losing 8-5 in 13.

I have a blister on a finger on my throwing hand so I'll probably miss a few days but it's nothing serious.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 02:36 PM
After missing a few days with a finger blister, I took to the hill again in Colorado Springs where we had a 3-1 lead on the bottom of the 9th.

I got the first batter looking at a 3-2 fastball, the second hitter grounded to third and the last hitter flew out to center to complete a 1-2-3 save opportunity for me.

The Iowa Cubs are now 42-48 and are still dead last in the PCL American North.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Two nights later we were in Memphis and I was called upon with 1 on and 1 out with a 8-5 lead on the bottom of the 12th.

The first batter popped out to the catcher and I struck the second batter out swinging after a 12 pitch at-bat to earn my 7th save.

Our record is now 43-49.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 02:51 PM
The next night in Memphis we had a 9-7 lead as I entered to pitch the 9th.

After allowing a lead off single, I punched out the next 2 batters and closed the game out when the next hitter grounded to first and was named Player of the Game.

8 saves in 8 opportunities and the team improves to 44-49.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 03:00 PM
An eerily similar situation the next night as we, again, led the Redbirds 9-7 when I came in to close out the 9th.

The lead off man hit a dribbler in front of the plate and was thrown out 2 to 1. The second man up popped to third and, finally, the last hitter flew to right giving me my 9th save as Iowa completed the comeback in a game that saw us down 6-0 after 2 innings.

The Iowa Cubs improve to 45-49.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 03:03 PM
With 10 appearances in AAA having resulted in a 0.00 ERA and 9 saves in 9 opportunities, I decided to turn in a trade request to management. I was told that the Cubs don't want players who don't want to be part of the organization and that the club would try to move me before the trade deadline.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
02-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Good job Steeler! Keep this up and... knowing the Cubs organization... you should be sent down to AA by the end of the week. :D

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 05:00 PM
I got what I asked for. The Cubs traded me to the Washington Nationals for 26-year-old CF Brian Goodwin (68 OVR, A Potential).

It looks as though the Nationals will start me out as the closer in AAA Syracuse. While that part of the deal is a lateral move, organizationally the Nats are weaker at the MLB level with regards to their closer.

While the Cubs have 32-year-old Joakim Soria (78 OVR, B Potential), Washington has 37-year-old Rafael Soriano (76 OVR, A Potential). The road to being Washington's closer would appear to be easier than what I had in Chicago.

While I would have preferred going to a club without a viable closer, I landed with an organization that is competing for a playoff spot as the Nationals are just 1 game back of Atlanta in the NL East and, with a talent-laden roster, they should be setup to succeed into the near future.

Hopefully I won't live to regret the trade request.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 05:13 PM
I got my first chance to make an impact for my new club a few nights later. Leading Buffalo 5-3, I came on in the top of the 9th to try and close things out in front of the home fans.

I allowed a pair of singles and a double but a punch out and a 5-4-3 double play helped me earn my 10th save though I did allow my first run in AAA this season.

Not a very strong performance but I'm just glad that I didn't get hit with a blown save in my first appearance with the Nationals organization.

Syracuse improves to 42-56 this season, with the victory.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 05:21 PM
It was about a week before I took the mound again because of the All-Star Break. When I got the chance it was with a 2-0 lead in Norfolk in the bottom of the 9th.

A strikeout, a ground out to first and a flyout to right and I got my 11th save with a perfect inning.

The Chiefs improve to 43-61 with the win in Norfolk.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Three nights later I came on in the 9th in Norfolk with a 5-2 lead.

K, F9, 5-3 and it was another save and another perfect inning.

The Chiefs are now 44-63 in 2017.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-22-2015, 05:43 PM
1-0 Syracuse in the top of the 9th and I was called on to close the deal against Toledo.
A popout to the catcher, a flyout to center and an unassisted groundout to first gave me another 1-2-3 inning and another save for Syracuse.

We are now 45-64 and my focus has turned to September when I hope to get the call-up to the nation's capital.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 12:36 AM
Here's a little update through the end of July 2017.

I have 24 appearances in the Majors with a 2-0 record and a 1.95 ERA, all with the Chicago Cubs. I have pitched 32.1 innings, recorded 1 hold, struck out 17 and walked 9 while posting a 1.24 WHIP.

In AAA, I've split time between Iowa and Syracuse. In 14 appearances, I've pitched 13 innings and I'm 13 for 13 in save opportunities with a 0.69 ERA. I have 12 Ks and just 1 walk and a 0.62 WHIP.

My current club, the Syracuse Chiefs, are 4th in the International League's North Division with a record of 46-68.

In the Majors my parent club, the Washington Nationals are 3rd in the NL East at 51-58. The Dodgers and the Mariners are tied with the best record in baseball at 68-41.

Of note, the Blue Jays are 3rd in the AL East at 56-53, the Astros are 4th in the AL West at 48-61, the Pirates are 3rd in the NL Central at 51-58, the Cubs are 4th in the NL Central at 46-62 and the Rockies are 4th in the NL West at 57-53.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 12:41 AM
On August 1st I took the mound in the bottom of the 9th with a runner on 2nd and 2 outs. We were leading Pawtucket 8-5.

I managed to flyout the only batter I faced to right field and the Chiefs improved to 47-68.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 12:49 AM
The next night in Indianapolis, I came on in the bottom of the 10th with a 6-4 lead.

A 2-out throwing error by the third baseman robbed me of a perfect inning but I struck out the next batter to earn save number 15.

The Chiefs are now 48-68.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 12:59 AM
A couple nights later we had a 2-1 lead when I was called upon to pitch the 10th inning against Indianapolis.

I have up a leadoff double and immediately put my perfect save percentage in jeopardy. The next batter singled to left and there were runners on the corners. I got a huge K against the third man up meaning a double play could end the game.

Unfortunately I hung a screwball high in the strike zone and a 3-run homer by Yordy Cabrera gave me my first blown save and my first loss and the Indians won it, 4-2.

With the loss, Syracuse falls to 48-70.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 01:05 AM
A few days later I came on with a 6-5 lead on the 9th in Toledo.

I punched out my final victim in a 1-2-3 inning to earn my 16th save. That one felt good after blowing my last opportunity.

With the win, we are now 50-71.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 01:11 AM
Two days later, still in Toledo, I came on to pitch the 9th with a 3-1 lead.

I retired the Mud Hens in order again to secure another save and improve our record to 51-72.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 01:41 AM
My next outing came at home against Norfolk. I entered the game in the top of the 9th with a 2-1 lead.

My third baseman cost me a pair of outs by booting a couple of grounders. The first went for an error and the second turned a sure double play into a fielder's choice.

However, I got out of the jam and earned my 18th save of 2017. I registered a walk and a strikeout in my lone inning of work.

Syracuse is now 52-72.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 01:49 AM
Two nights later I faced Toledo again, this time with a 3-0 lead in the top of the 9th.
Three groundouts led to a 1-2-3 inning and I feel good about the way in pitching again after that disaster in Indy. The Chiefs improve to 53-73 with the win.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 01:59 AM
Shockingly, I did not get back into a game until the season finale at Lehigh Valley. I came on in the bottom of the 9th with a 5-3 lead.

I gave up a single and struck one out but the most important factor was the scoreless inning that I pitched to close out the game and finish my 2017 AAA campaign with an even 20 saves.

The Syracuse Chiefs finished the season at 63-81 which put us in 4th in the IL North.

Following the game, I was notified that I was part of the Nationals September call-ups. Finally, back in the Majors and with a chance to debut for my new club.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 02:15 AM
My second day with the big club, I was given the chance to make my debut. I started the top of the 6th with an 8-1 deficit.

I pitched a perfect 6th, that included a strikeout, and came back out to pitch the 7th with the score now 8-3.

I allowed a single and recorded a K in the 7th but it was another scoreless inning to finish my night and close out my Washington debut.

We wound up losing the game 8-5 and are now 69-71 on the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 02:29 AM
A few nights later in Flushing, NY I entered a 10-8 game in the 6th with the Mets in front.
I struck one out en route to a 1-2-3 6th and, when I took the mound in the 7th, the score was even at 10.

A walk, a 6-4-3 double play and a flyout to left ended my night and I wound up getting the win in a 12-10 game. The victory was my first with Washington and my 3rd of the season.

The Nationals are now 71-71, which puts us 5.5 games behind Miami in the division. The Braves are 2nd, 0.5 back.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 02:43 AM
The following Sunday in Philadelphia, I took the hill in the bottom of the 7th with the Phillies leading 2-1.

I lasted 1.2 innings allowing a run on 3 hits with 2 strikeouts and a walk as we lost 3-1.

Washington falls to 73-73 with the loss to the Phillies.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 02:51 AM
My next outing came in LA against the Angels. I came on in the bottom of the 8th with LA leading 2-0.

I allowed a single but I pitched a scoreless inning in the 8th. Unfortunately, we wound up loading 2-0 to fall to 73-75 with just 14 games remaining in the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 04:23 AM
Trailing the Phillies 5-2, I took the mound in the top of the 8th in front of the home crowd, in my next appearance.

K, 4-3, K in a 3 up, 3 down 8th. I was kept in to pitch the 9th with the score still 5-2 Philadelphia.

I threw another perfect inning in the 9th and added another strikeout too. We lost the game 5-2 but I was happy with my performance - 6 up, 6 down, 3 Ks.

Washington is now 75-77.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 04:34 AM
Two nights later, I entered a 5-5 game in the top of the 10th with Atlanta.

It was a perfect 10th as I set them down in order and remained in the game for the 11th inning.

I caught a huge break in the 12th. I allowed back-to-back doubles to start the inning but the leadoff man was gunned down at the plate following the second double and I danced or if the inning without allowing a run.

We won the game in the bottom half of the inning and I improved my record to 4-0 while the Nats are now 76-77 after the 6-5 victory.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 04:43 AM
A couple of days later I faced Atlanta again. This time I was called upon in the top of the 7th with a 5-0 deficit.

I allowed a pair of singles in my only inning of work and e eventually lost, 5-4 to drop our record to 77-78.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 04:50 AM
The next night I faced my former club as the Cubs were in town and I the hill in the top of the 9th with Chicago in front 7-4.

A leadoff double led nowhere for the Cubs but we lost the game 7-4 to fall to 77-79.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 04:57 AM
I faced the Cubs in my next outing as well. With an 8-0 deficit in the 8th, I just wanted to get some quality work in.

I surrendered another leadoff double but escaped the inning unscathed. However, the Cubs held on for the 8-0 win.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 05:05 AM
Down 4-2 in the top of the 8th, I was called on to face the Cubs again in the finale of the 4 game set.

I lasted two-thirds of an inning, allowing a bit and a walk before being lifted. We lost 4-3 and fell to 78-81 with just 3 games in Miami separating us from the offseason.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 05:11 AM
In the season finale, I was called from the bullpen with one out and a runner on 2nd in the bottom of the 8th in Miami. The score was tied at 4.

A groundout to first and a flyout to left finished my season but we eventually lost 5-4.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 05:38 AM
In 2017 I wore 4 different uniforms and pitched for 2 Major League clubs and for their respective AAA affiliates.

In AAA, I was 0-1 with a 1.83 ERA in 22 appearances with 19.2 innings pitched. I was 20 of 21 in save opportunities, struck out 17 and walked 2 with a WHIP of 0.66.

In the Majors, I made 35 appearances and pitched 47.1 innings. My record was 4-0 and I had a 1.52 ERA and a hold. I struck out 26 and walked 12 and I had a 1.16 WHIP.

In my Major League career, I'm now 7-6 with a 3.20 ERA. I have 11 saves and 3 blown saves. I have 5 holds, I've pitched 95.2 innings and I've recorded 61 Ks with 22 walks and a 1.36 WHIP.

The Nationals finished 3rd in the NL East with a 79-83 record. The Dodgers went 106-56 to finish with the best record in baseball.

Other notables include the Blue Jays who were 4th in the AL East at 79-83, the Astros who were 5th in the AL West with a 69-93 mark, the Pirates were 76-86 and were 3rd in the NL Central, the Cubs were 4th in the NL Central at 71-91 and the Rockies were 5th in the NL West at 73-89.

The Dodgers beat the Tigers in 5 games to win the 2017 World Series. Hanley Ramirez was named World Series MVP.

Miguel Cabrera (DET) won the AL MVP, Jay Bruce (CIN) was the NL MVP.

The AL Cy Young went to Felix Hernandez (SEA) and the NL Cy Young winner was Madison Bumgarner (SF).

Will Myers (TB) won the AL Batting Title, while Christian Yelchin (MIA) won it in the NL.

The Delivery Man of the Year was Neftali Feliz of Seattle who had 61 saves.

The AL Rookie of the Year was catcher Jose Franco of Baltimore (.265, 28, 102) and the NL winner was starting pitcher Eddie Butler of Miami (11-6, 2.34, 213 K).

Detroit's Andy Dirks was the AL Postseason MVP, with Hanley Ramirez winning it in the NL.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-23-2015, 05:45 AM
I signed a 1-year deal to stay with Washington. The Nationals are only promising me a AAA bullpen spot which is a bit of a disappointment but I believe I can earn the closer role at the big league level unless the club signs a free agent.

The contact is worth $602,500 and my career earnings are at $1,247,634.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-24-2015, 01:47 AM
I zipped through the 2018 Spring tonight. It wasn't an overly impressive performance for me. I made 10 appearances and pitched 8.2 innings. I had 2 blown saves, 4 holds, a 1-1 record and a 4.15 ERA. I also had 4 Ks, 2 walks and a 1.38 WHIP.

As a team, the Nationals were 12-15. The Braves (18-10) had the best record in the Grapefruit League and the Royals (21-6) were the best in the Cactus League.

Despite my mediocre Spring, I will be joining the Nationals as a setup man. Hopefully this will be the year that I can stay in the Majors all year.

At age 26, I'll start 2018 as a 76 OVR with A Potential.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-28-2015, 10:53 PM
It was the third game of the season before I saw any action. I came on in the top of the 8th with a 2-0 deficit against the Dodgers.

I had a great first outing of 2018, pitching a perfect 8th inning that included a pair of strikeouts. Ultimately, however, the Dodgers prevailed 3-2.

With the loss the Nationals feel to 1-2 on the young season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-28-2015, 11:10 PM
With LA still in town, I got into the 4th game of the season in the top of the 9th with the Dodgers leading 6-5.

I allowed a long ball to left-center to Alex Guerrero, his 3rd of the game, and followed that by allowing 5 consecutive singles before being lifted without retiring a single batter.

We wound up losing 11-7 to drop to 1-3 and I had the worst outing of my career. I was responsible for 5 runs on 6 hits and did not record an out. With that I have an embarrassing 45.00 ERA after 2 appearances this season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-28-2015, 11:16 PM
I got the next 2 nights off before coming in to a 7-3 game with the Giants leading and 2 outs in the top of the 9th.

I allowed a single to the first batter that I faced meaning that 7 straight had reached against me. The second hitter lined to short to end the inning but the 7-3 score held and we fell to 2-5.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-28-2015, 11:24 PM
A few nights later I was called to action in the bottom of the 8th with the Mets leading 5-3.

I pitched a 1-2-3 8th but the Mets held on for the 5-3 win. The Nationals are now 3-7 through the first 10 games of 2018.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-28-2015, 11:42 PM
The next night we were in Atlanta and were clinging to a 1-0 lead on the bottom of the 8th and I was called on to try and get us to the 9th with the lead intact.

I pitched a perfect 8th and gave way to our closer, Drew Storen, in the 9th. Storen closed the door and we wound up with the 1-0 win.

I earned my first hold of 2018 and my ERA dropped to 13.50. Washington improved to 4-7 with the W.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-28-2015, 11:51 PM
Two nights later, still in Atlanta, I came on to pitch the 8th again. This time, with a 2-0 lead.

I hurled another 1-2-3 inning and earned my second hold after giving way to closer Drew Storen again.

The 2-0 victory pushed our record to 5-8 as we took 2 of 3 from the Braves for our first series win of the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-01-2015, 03:46 AM
A couple nights later I was called on in the top of the 8th with a 3-1 lead over the Mets.
I allowed a 2-out single and had a strikeout in my lone inning of work, earning a 3rd hold as Storen shut the door to seal the 3-1 win.

With the win, our record has improved to 7-8 as we have 4 wins in our last 5 games and have won 3 straight.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-01-2015, 04:00 AM
The next day, I got into the series finale. I cane into a 3-3 game in the top of the 9th.

I got through a scoreless 9th despite allowing a base on balls. My night ended after that inning.

We wound up losing the game 4-3 in 12 innings to fall to 7-9. However, it was a second consecutive series win.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-01-2015, 04:10 AM
In the next series, we were home for 3 with Texas. I got into game 2 with 2 on and 2 out in the top of the 8th with a 7-3 lead over the Rangers.

I had a masterful performance. I faced 2 batters and struck them both out looking on 3 pitches. My screwball had as much movement as it ever has. I was very pleased with this outing and I'm feeling good about my progress after a disastrous second appearance of the season.

I earned my 4th hold and my ERA is down to 6.43. The Nationals are now 8-10 this season.

We won the series finale the next night and took a 3rd straight series win before heading to Miami.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-01-2015, 04:30 AM
After winning the opener in Miami, I came on in a save situation in game 2. We led 5-3 with 2 on and 2 out in the bottom of the 9th.

I punched out JT Realmuto to end the game, earn my first save of 2018 and record my third consecutive strikeout.

In the series finale, I entered the game in the bottom of the 8th with a 6-3 lead and a chance to help us earn our first series sweep of the year.

I allowed a 2-out homer to Guillermo Pimentel, the first of his career, then walked Realmuto before being pulled.

It wasn't my best outing but we won the game 6-5 and swept the sputtering Marlins (6-16) to improve to 12-10.

Next up, we have 3 in Philadelphia sandwiched between two off days.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-01-2015, 05:44 AM
I got into game 1 against the Phillies, coming in in the bottom of the 8th with a 5-4 lead.

I allowed a 1-out single but that was as bad as it got for me in notching my 6th hold of the season as we were 5-4 winners.

After another win in game 2, I was called on to pitch the bottom of the 9th in game 3 with a 12-6 lead.

Carlos Gonzalez hit a 425-foot bomb to center off of me on my very first pitch. After that, I allowed 3 straight singles and was lifted in favor of Drew Storen. All told, I wound up being hit for a pair of earned runs after allowing 4 hits without retiring a single batter.

We still won the game, 12-8, and swept the series to improve to 15-10 on the season. With 8 straight wins and back-to-back series sweeps under out collective belt, our 3-7 start to the campaign seems like ancient history.

#TheScriptIsDead

jaymo76
03-01-2015, 09:13 PM
How are you doing for your earnings thus far? I think my guy just eclipsed $580,000. I also have a green blip on the HOF progress! lol.

steelerfan
03-01-2015, 10:20 PM
How are you doing for your earnings thus far? I think my guy just eclipsed $580,000. I also have a green blip on the HOF progress! lol.

My current contract is 1 year, $602,500. My HOF progress is more than a blip. I haven't looked lately but, as a guess, it is about 10% green.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-25-2015, 12:05 AM
Came into game 2 of the next series, against Miami, with a 13-2 lead in the top of the 9th.

I struck out 1 and allowed a double but no damage as we won for the 10th consecutive time to improve to 17-10 to close out the month of April.

The win streak would reach 12 before I was brought into a 10-4 game with us trailing San Diego in the 9th.

I had another terrible outing, retiring just one batter and allowing 2 singles, a double and a 3-run homer before being lifted. We lost 14-4, ending the winning streak.

We wound up taking 2 of 3 from the Padres to improve to 20-11.

Some points of interest through 5/4/18:

I'm off to a terrible start just a season after I posted a 1.52 ERA. In 15 appearances, I have a 10.45 ERA with a save and 6 holds in 10.1 innings of work. I've allowed 4 long balls and have walked 2 while punching out 9. My WHIP is 2.08 and my opponents are hitting .380 against me, including .357 by righties and .409 by lefties.

The good news is that we have the best record in the NL at 20-11 and we lead the East by 4 games over Atlanta. Seattle has the best record in baseball at 21-11.

Of note, Toronto leads the AL East at 17-16, the Astros are 3rd in the AL West at 16-15, the Pirates lead the NL Central at 19-13, the Cubs are a game behind Pittsburgh at 18-14 and Colorado is 3rd in the NL West at 17-17.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-25-2015, 09:43 PM
In the next series, we hosted Philadelphia. I got into game 2 with a 3-2 lead in the top of the 8th.

I pitched a perfect 8th, that included a strikeout, and we held on for a 3-2 win as I notched another hold.

We wound up losing the finale but took 2 of 3 from the Phillies to improve to 22-12.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Playing 4 in San Francisco next, I got into game 3 with a 7-4 lead in the bottom of the 8th with nobody on and 2 away.

I struck out the only batter I faced and we won it, 7-4. It was my only appearance in the Bay Area but we won 3 of 4 and are now 25-13 with 3 in San Diego up next.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-25-2015, 10:09 PM
Entered game 2 in San Diego with a 3-2 lead, 2 out and the bases empty in the bottom of the 8th.

Once again, I punched out the only batter that I faced but this time our closer, Drew Storen, blew the save in the 9th. However, we wound up winning 4-3 in 10 innings.

The next night, I was back in the game. This time I stayed the 8th with a 6-3 lead.

I had a terrible outing. I allowed a walk and 2 singles before being pulled without retiring a single batter. All 3 of the runners that I was responsible for eventually scored (2 earned) and we wound up losing 7-6.

The loss dropped our record to 26-15 as we lost 2 of 3 to the Padres.

We're going to Arizona for 4 next. I've got to get my act together. We have a legitimate playoff team in Washington and I don't want to miss out on that by getting sent down.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-25-2015, 10:33 PM
I got a rare save opportunity in game to against the Diamondbacks. I came on to pitch the 9th with a 5-2 lead.

A perfect 9th and my second save of 2018 as we improved to 27-16.

The next night, I was handed another save opportunity. We led 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th when I was called to action.

I allowed a lead off single but struck out the next batter looking and wound up getting out of the jam with my 3rd save in a 2-1 win.

We split 4 Hanes in the desert and, after a day off, we'll be hosting Atlanta for 3 a3 game set. At 28-17, we have a 4 game lead over the 23-20 Braves.

Despite my struggles this season, I have taken the closer role with the club away from Drew Storen. I'm excited to finally have the job and I must take advantage of it.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 05:28 AM
We were shockingly swept at home by Atlanta and I never saw the field. Next up, the Pirates were in town.

After dropping game 1 to Pittsburgh, I finally was called on again. In game 2, I took the hill in the 9th with a 4-3 lead.

I pitched a perfect 9th and we ended our 5 game losing streak with the 4-3 margin. For me, it was my 4th save of the season.

We won the finale to take 2 of 3 from the Pirates and improve to 30-21. We'll travel to New York next as we visit the Mets for 3.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 05:39 AM
After we won game 1 in New York, I got into game 2 with another save opportunity: ninth inning and a 9-6 lead.

I allowed a single but nothing more and we earned the 9-6 win. We wound up sweeping the Mets and we'll have a day off before returning home to close the month of May against the Marlins.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 05:57 AM
I entered game 2 against Miami with a 3-0 lead in the top of the 9th.

It was a 1-2-3 inning that included a punch out and another save as we ended the month of May at 34-22.

We lost the finale as Miami took the series, here are some numbers through June 1, 2018:

I've made 24 appearances this season and I have no record with a 7.41 ERA. I'm 6 for 6 in save situations and I have 9 holds on 17.0 innings. I have K'd 14 while walking just 3 and my WHIP is 1.53. My opponents are hitting .319 - .350 for righties and .281 for lefties. Overall, it was a big improvement over April that got me where I am but I need to keep it up as my season numbers are still below my standard.

Seattle still has the best record in baseball at 39-18 and the Cardinals are now the best in the NL at 36-20.

Of note, Toronto is tied with Baltimore for the AL East lead at 30-28, Houston is tied with Texas in the AL West cellar at 27-30, Washington leads Atlanta by 2.5 games in the NL East at 34-23, Pittsburgh is 3rd in the NL Central at 32-26 while the Cubs are 4th at 27-32 and the Rockies trail the Dodgers by 3 games in the NL West at 33-26.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 06:17 AM
Toronto came to the nation's capital next and I got an opportunity to earn a 7th save in game 1 as I was called into a 5-3 game in the top of the 9th.

I pitched a perfect 9th including striking out the final batter to earn that 7th save with the 5-3 win.

We split the 2 games with the Jays but immediately traveled to Toronto for 2 more. I got into the second of those 2 games, entering in the bottom of the 9th with a 6-4 lead.

It was another 1-2-3 outing and I got another strikeout and my 8th save in as many tries.

We split the 2 games in Toronto as well and we're now 36-25 and headed to Cincinnati for 3.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 06:27 AM
I was back on the hill the next night in southern Ohio, this time with a 6-4 lead on the 9th.

Historically, I've struggled against the Reds having payed a 1-2 record with a 12.41 ERA.

I allowed a single but also got a punch out for the save. We wound up dropping the next 3 to the Reds and we fell to 37-27.

After an off day, we'll play 2 on Houston against the Astros. I have never faced the team that I grew up rooting for so it would be a big deal to me to have the chance to step on the mound at Minute Maid Park.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 06:55 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't get into either game in Houston as we won both easily (11-3 and 6-0). We returned home to face the Cardinals and I was called on to close game 1, coming on in the top of the 9th with a 2-1 lead.

I surrendered an infield single to the lead off man but shut the door after that to earn my 10th save of 2018. I also earned Player of the Game honors for my efforts.

I took the mound again in the series finale with a 6-4 lead in the top of the 9th with a chance to help our club sweep the best team in the National League which would pull us within 1 game of St. Louis.

It wasn't easy, I allowed a run on 2 hits, but I naked down my 11th save and we improved to 42-27 with the Reds headed to town.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 07:08 AM
I entered game 1 with the Reds with the bases empty, 2 out and 2 already home in the top of the 9th. We had an 8-6 lead.

I induced a flyout to right from Wellington Castillo and I had my 12th save while the club had its 6th consecutive victory.

In game 2 we had a 3-2 lead in the top of the 9th when I was called to duty.

We won our 7th in a row as I pitched a 1-2-3 9th to close it out.

I didn't pitch in the finale but we were 6-1 winners making it 8 straight wins and 3 consecutive series sweeps. The Phillies are coming to town next four 4 games at Nationals Park.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 07:29 AM
Or win streak went by the wayside as Philadelphia took game 1 but we bounced back with a win in game 2. I was asked to close game 3 as we had a 7-4 lead in the top of the 9th.

I allowed a pair of 1-out singles but closed the door after that and l preserved the 7-4 win.

In the series finale, we won again to improve to 48-28. We'll travel to Atlanta next.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 08:09 AM
I took the hill in the first of 4 with the Braves and preserved a 6-5 win despite allowing a triple and an intentional walk.

After another win and a loss, I got into game 4 with a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

I pitched a perfect 9th and earned my 15th save and was named Player of the Game.

We took 3 of 4 in Atlanta to improve to 51-29 and our lead over the Braves is now 7.5 games. The Mariners (54-24) are heading to Washington next fire a 3 game series to close out the month of June.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 08:27 AM
I didn't get into the Seattle series and we dropped 2 of 3 to end the month of June 2018. The Braves are coming to town to start the new month. Here's a look at where things stand entering July:

I've made 34 appearances and have pitched 26.1 innings. I still have no record and my ERA is down to 5.13 (0.96 over the last 10 games). I'm still perfect in 16 save opportunities and I have 9 holds, 17 strikeouts and 4 walks allowed. My WHIP has dropped to 1.29. Opponents are hitting .283 against me - righties are hitting .327, lefties .241.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 12:38 PM
The Mariners still have the best record in baseball at 56-26. We have the second best, and best in the National League, at 52-31.

Toronto, 43-42, trails Baltimore by 2.5 games in the AL East; the Astros have the second worst (Yankees) record in the AL at 34-48; Pittsburgh is 3rd in the NL Central at 45-39 while the Cubs are 4th at 39-45; Colorado is 2nd in the NL West at 47-37, 3 games behind the Dodgers.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 12:57 PM
I got into the second game of the series with Atlanta as we took a 6-5 lead to the 9th.

After a passed ball allowed a prior 2-out single to move into scoring position, I was able to shut the door for the 6-5 win and earn Player of the Game honors.

I got another save opportunity the next afternoon, entering a 5-2 game in the top of the 9th.

I finally blew a save, allowing 4 runs on 3 hits and a walk in 0.2 of an inning as we lost 6-5. That gives me my first decision of the season as well.

Despite losing the series to Atlanta, we maintain a 5.5 game lead over the Braves as we travel to Chicago for 3 games at my old stomping ground - Wrigley Field.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 01:08 PM
I returned to Wrigley, be called on to close game 1 with a 5-4 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

A runner reached 3rd after reaching on a passed ball third strike and being moved over on a single. However, I closed it out from there and we won it, 5-4.

We lost the next 2 at Wrigley and will travel to Denver to face the Colorado Rockies in a 3 game set with our record at 54-35. The Rockies are 52-38.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 10:12 PM
I got into game 2 against the Rockies, with a 6-3 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

I struck out 1 and retired the side in order for my 19th save of the year. It wound up being the only game we won of the 3 in Denver.

After a day off, we'll play 3 in Philadelphia against the Phillies (35-57) and that series will take us to the All; Star Break.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-26-2015, 10:33 PM
I was called upon immediately in the series with Philadelphia, coming in with a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th in game 1.

I blew another save, allowing a run on a double and a single all after I had recorded 2 outs. We wound up losing the game, 4-2, in 14 innings.

Following another loss in game 2, I came into a 8-5 game in the bottom of the 9th in game 3.

No damage as all I allowed was a lone single in earning my 20th save of 2018. The win takes us to the All-Star Break on a positive note.

We've dropped 5 straight series, going 5-10 during that stretch so the break couldn't come at a better time. At 56-39 our lead over the Braves has been trimmed to 1 game and we're now looking up at the Cardinals and Dodgers in the NL standings.

The Mariners still have the best record in baseball at 64-31; Toronto is 3rd in the AL East at 49-48; Houston is in the AL West cellar at 41-54; Pittsburgh is 3rd in the NL Central at 50-46, while the Cubbies are 4th at 46-51; the Rockies are still 3 back of LA in the NL West at 54-42.

New York is Baseball Hell as the Yankees are the worst team in the AL and second only to baseball's worst team, the Mets.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-27-2015, 02:16 PM
After losing 2 of 3 at home to Arizona, we traveled to Miami for 4 games. We lost the first 3 and I finally saw action again when I was called in to close the series finale.

I came on in the bottom of the 9th with a 3-2 lead. K, F9, K and the Marlins were dispatched 1-2-3 as I earned my 21st save of 2018 and earned Player of the Game honors again.

We did, however, lose a 7th consecutive series and we are 7-15 over that stretch. Our record stands at 58-44 and we're now 3 games behind Atlanta in the NL East. We have just a 2 game lead over Colorado for the last Wildcard spot and things are unraveling quickly. If we don't start stringing together some Ws, this season is going to turn into a "what could have been" scenario. With a few key players, including Bryce Harper, set to be Free Agents I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to Washington for the long haul.

We're traveling to LA next for 3 games with the Angels. It's past time that we got back to winning.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-27-2015, 02:35 PM
After the first game in LA, the club made a deal that sent 1B Rey Davis to Arizona in exchange for SS Ian Desmond.

Desmond (81 OVR) is 32 and is a career .264 hitter who is hitting .261 this season with 11 HRs and 39 RBI.

Desmond should replace Aledmys Diaz (65 OVR) in the everyday lineup. Diaz, 27, must clear waivers now and is hitting just .224 with 6 HRs and 29 RBI so this looks to be a nice upgrade to our team.

Davis is a Top 50 Prospect at age 19 (72 OVR, A Potential). He's yet to debut in the Majors but he's hit .268 with 17 HRs and 68 RBI in AAA this year. That's a pretty big-time talent to give up for Desmond so I hope the move helps us get back on track.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-27-2015, 02:56 PM
We dropped 2 of 3 in LA making 8 straight series lost. 8-17 over that span. Following the series, the club made another deal.

Washington sent SP Andres Ramirez to the Cubs for SP Jake Arrieta.

Arrieta (81 OVR), 31, is 5-5 with a 2.61 ERA this year while Ramirez (68 OVR, A Potential) is another minor league prospect that the club has let go. These moves, if nothing else, show that the Nationals organization is serious about winning now.

We traveled back home to host the hapless New York Mets and I saw action in game 1, coming on in the top of the 9th with a 4-2 deficit with 2 on and 1 out.

I induced a pair of groundouts to get us out of the jam and was called on to hit in the bottom half of the inning. By time I got to the plate, John Nance had hit a game-tying 2-run homer and Jhonatan Solano was on 1st with no outs.

The first pitch hit me on the outside of my right thigh and new National Ian Desmond followed that with a walk-off triple as we rallied for a 5-4 win, my first of the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Aledmys Diaz was claimed off Waivers by Tampa Bayand Washington made a bizarre move after that.

The Nationals sent newly-acquired SS Ian Desmond to Minnesota for SP Adam London.

London (69 OVR, A Potential) is 21 and has not yet made his Major League debut. He's 3-1 with a 2.23 ERA in AAA this year.

The move gives the everyday SS role to rookie Brian Franks. Franks (67 OVR, B Potential) has hit .184 with a homer and 6 RBI in 49 at-bats with us this year.

We wound up sweeping the Mets and opening a 4-game home set with Milwaukee with another victory to end the month of July.

At month's end, we're 63-46, 1 game behind Atlanta and holding the top Wildcard spot.

Toronto is 3rd in the AL East at 53-55; Houston is last in the AL West at 47-61; Pittsburgh is 60-49 which puts them 3rd in the NL Central and just 1.5 games out of a Wildcard spot while the Cubs are 4th at 51-57; Colorado has fallen 5 games behind the Dodgers at 59-50.

In 42 appearances, I've pitched 33.2 innings and have a 1-1 record with a 5.35 ERA, 21 saves, 2 blown saves and 9 holds. I have struck out 21, walked 6 and have a WHIP of 1.28. The opposition is hitting .272 against me, including .314 by righties and .227 by lefties.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 02:29 AM
I got a save opportunity in the second hand of the Milwaukee series. I was brought on to pitch the 9th with a 2-1 lead that we held despite being out-hit 10 to 1.

3 ground balls later, we had our 5 consecutive win and I had my 22nd save.

In game 3 I cane on to pitch the 11th inning in a 7-7 game. I let the first 2 hitters reach via a single and a walk but a K, L4 and F8 got me out of the jam and I stayed in to pitch the 12th.

I wound up taking a loss as a sacrifice fly in the 12th was enough to beat us, 8-7.

At 65-47, after ultimately taking 3 of 4 from Milwaukee, we're heading to St. Louis for 3 games.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 02:49 AM
We lost 2 of 3 in St. Louis and I did not play. From there we went to Milwaukee for 3 with the Brew Crew.

The Brewers swept us and we headed home to face the Cubs.

I finally got another chance to pitch in game 3 of the series with the Cubs. I entered the game in the 12th with the score tied at 4.

I allowed a single and a walk but got a double play ball that bailed me out and we moved on to the 13th. I pitched a 1-2-3 13th and got a chance to hit in the bottom half.

Brian Franks stood at first with 1 away when I came to the plate. I lined a 2-2 pitch up the middle for a single to center, moving Franks to third. Austin Jackson ended things with a sacrifice fly and we walked off with a 5-4 win.

The victory improved my record to 2-2 as we took 2 of 3 from Chicago.

The Rockies are coming to town for 4 next.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 02:59 AM
After taking 2 of the first 3 from Colorado, I got into game 4 with a 7-6 lead in the top of the 9th.

I blew another save opportunity, allowing 3 hits in 0.2 innings including a leadoff double and we lost 8-7 in 12.

After an off day, we'll host Houston for 2 games before hitting the road again.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 04:31 AM
I got into the Astros series in game 2, leading 7-4 in the top of the 9th. It was my first chance to ever face the club that I grew up rooting for.

I retired the Astros in order and we managed a 2 game split with Houston. We'll have a day off before we hit the road to close the month against the Dodgers, A's and Marlins.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 04:41 AM
We lost 2 of 3 in LA against the Dodgers and then headed to Oakland to face the Athletics. I got my first opportunity of the road trip in the finale in Oakland, coming on in the bottom of the 13th with a 4-3 lead.

I punched out Eric Sogard to end a 1-2-3 inning of work and earn my 24th save of the season.

We took 2 from the Athletics to improve to 74-59. We'll take a day off and then play 3 in Miami to finish up the month of August.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 05:04 AM
We lost the opener with the Marlins but a 3 run 9th had us in front 3-2 going to the bottom half of the inning and giving me a chance to earn my 25th save in game 2.

The leadoff man reached on an E4 but a 5-4-3 and a K ended the night with a win for the club and save number 25 for me.

We lost the finale and the series to finish August at 75-61.

We are 6 games behind the Braves heading to September and are clinging to the second Wildcard spot, just 1 game ahead of the Pirates.

Toronto is 65-72 in 2nd in the AL East; Houston remains at the bottom of the NL West at 59-77; Pittsburgh is 3rd in the NL Central at 74-62 while the Cubs are 4th at 64-72; the Rockies have faded to 10.5 games back of the Dodgers at 69-67.

I've made 49 appearances, pitching 42.1 innings and I have a 2-2 record with an ERA of 4.68. I've recorded 25 saves with 3 blown saves and 9 holds. I have struck out 25, walked 8 and have a WHIP of 1.23. Opposing batters are hitting .267 against me (lefties .221, righties .307).

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 05:22 AM
We returned home to stay the stretch run of 2018 with 3 games with Philadelphia. I was called on to close game 1, coming in with a 2-0 lead in the top of the 9th.

I surrendered a leadoff single but nothing more as we got the 2-0 victory in the series opener.

We took game 2 as well and I was back on the hill in game 3 with a 4-1 lead on the top of the 9th with a chance to close out a 3 game sweep.

I allowed a leadoff single but also registered a strikeout in retiring the next 3 to close the game.

With the sweep of the Phillies or record stands at 78-61. We've moved within 5 games of Atlanta and have opened our lead over the Pirates to 2.5 games for the last playoff spot.

We have a day off before the Miami Marlins come to town for 3 games.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 06:03 AM
We took 2 of 3 from the Marlins before hitting the road for 10 games beginning with 4 big ones in Pittsburgh.

We split the first 2 and I got into game 3 with a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

The Pirates got runners on 1st and 2nd with a pair of 1-out singles but I struck out the next two to end it.

I was back on the mound for the series finale with a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

Three up, three down, including a strikeout and we got a big series win over Pittsburgh, 3 games to 1. With that, our record is 83-63 and we trail Atlanta by just 4 games. Meanwhile, our lead over the Pirates for the last Wildcard spot has been pushed to 3.5 games.

The upcoming series is even bigger than the one in Pittsburgh. We're going to Atlanta for 3. We have 3 more with the Braves during the final week of the season and, if we can dominate them over those 6 games, we still have a shot to win the division.

We are 6-7 against Atlanta this season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 06:26 AM
I entered game 1 in Atlanta with a 4-1 lead on the 9th. I recorded save number 30 of 2018 as I gave up a single and struck one out to close out the 4-1 win and help us pull within 3 games of the Braves.

I was right back at it in game 2. This time our lead was just 1-0 in the bottom of the 9th with Freddie Freeman on 1st and nobody out.

I retired 3 in a row and the Braves lead was down to 2 games.

I was asked to close game 3 as well. This time we had a 9-5 lead with 2 on and no outs in the bottom of the 10th.

I couldn't close things out as I allowed a run on 2 hits and both of the runners I inherited scored but we held on for a 9-8 win and a huge sweep in Atlanta to pull with a single game of the Braves.

In the process, we've also tied the Cardinals at 86-63 for the top Wildcard spot and were both 5.5 ganged ahead of Pittsburgh.

We're 6-1 on the current road trip and we'll close it out next, with 3 in Philly.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 06:34 AM
I got into game 2 in Philadelphia with a 5-2 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

They got a man on through an E6 but never threatened as we won our 7th consecutive game.

We ended up dropping the series finale and we're headed home to face the Mets.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Against the hapless Mets, I came on in the 9th inning of game 1 with a 5-3 lead.

No trouble retiring the Mets in order as I got a strikeout and 2 ground outs to secure the W.

The next night, I was back on the bump with a 3-1 lead in the top of the 9th.

I gave up a 1-out solo home run and then had to be removed with a finger injury. It's going to be X-rayed, hopefully it's not severe.

The Mets tied the game up but we won 4-3 anyway.

It turned out that the injury was nothing and I was back on the hill in the 4th game is the series with a 3-2 lead in the top of the 9th.

An E6 got the leadoff man on but I shut the door after that for my 34th save.

We're now 91-65, a game back of Atlanta and we have secured a playoff spot. After an off day, we'll host Atlanta for 3 with the division title on the line.

This is what I've been waiting for my entire career!

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 07:06 AM
I took the hill in game 1 against the Braves. We had a 4-1 lead in the 9th and I had a chance to earn my 35th save and pull our club even with Atlanta in the NL East.

They got a man on by way of an E5 with 2 outs but I was never threatened and we evened the race in the NL East with just 5 games left in the season.

I didn't get into another game but we took 2 of 3 from Atlanta and remained tied going to New York to play the Mets in the last 3 games of the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 07:24 AM
We lost game 1 to the Mets and fell a game back of Atlanta. I got into game 2 with a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

I had no trouble retiring the Mets in order for save number 36. Unfortunately, the Braves also won meaning they would have a 1 game lead going into the last game of the season. We'd have to beat New York and get hello from Miami to have a shot at the division.

I had a chance to get us the needed win in game 3. I entered the game with a 7-4 lead in the 9th.

I got the save, retiring the Mets in order and we finished the regular season at 95-67 and tied with the Braves who lost, 3-1, to the Marlins.

We'll play a 1 game playoff tomorrow at home against Atlanta for the division title.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 07:56 AM
I faced the biggest pressure situation of my career the next night. I came into the 1 game playoff with Atlanta in the 9th with a 7-6 lead.

3 outs from a division title!

Three up and three down and we were crowned National League East Champions for 2018!

We'll be playing the Dodgers in the NLDS.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 10:16 AM
My final regular season statistics for 2018:

Games 64
Record 2-2
ERA 3.83
Saves 38
Blown 3
Holds 11
Innings 56.1
HR 5
Walks 8
K 36
WHIP 1.08
AVG. 244
vs RHH .252
vs LHH. 235

And some career numbers through 2018:

Games 148
Record 9-8
ERA 3.43
Saves 49
Blown 6
Holds 16
Innings 152.0
HR 15
Walks 30
K 97
WHIP 1.26
Win % .529

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 10:26 AM
2018 MLB FINAL STANDINGS

AL East
x Baltimore 83-79
Toronto 82-80
Boston 75-87
Tampa 75-87
NYY 72-90

AL Central
xCWS 88-74
y Kansas City 83-79
Detroit 78-84
Cleveland 76-86
Minnesota 73-89

AL West
x Seattle 107-55
y Texas 90-72
LAA 81-81
Oakland 80-82
Houston 69-93

NL East
x Washington 96-67
y Atlanta 95-68
Miami 81-81
Philadelphia 66-96
NYM 54-108

NL Central
x Cincinnati 99-63
y St. Louis 95-67
Pittsburgh 87-75
CHC 77-85
Milwaukee 65-97

NL West
x LAD 94-68
San Diego 83-79
Colorado 83-79
Arizona 77-85
San Francisco 67-95

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2015, 10:41 AM
Typical of Colorado to fade away in the second half. :smh:

Of course, I say that in regards to them ACTUALLY being in a division race in the second half, rather than dead last like normal.

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 10:43 AM
2018 Notable Award Winners:

NL MVP: Pedro Alvarez (PIT) .281, 47, 145

AL MVP: Eric Hosmer (KC) .304, 38, 127

NL Cy Young: Mat Latos (CIN) 19-4, 2.26, 196 K

AL Cy Young: Boone Whiting (SEA) 19-6, 2.88, 193 K

NL Batting Champ: Christian Yelich (MIA) .326, 26, 83

AL Batting Champ: Paul Goldschmidt (TEX) .330, 32, 117

Delivery Man of the Year: Craig Kimbrel (ATL) 57 Saves, 2.79, 69 K

NL ROY: Pedro De La Cruz (NYM) .283, 29, 86

AL ROY: Trey Ball (LAA) 14-9, 3.47, 190 K

NL Hank Aaron Award: Christian Yelich (MIA)

AL Hank Aaron Award: Paul Goldschmidt (TEX)

NOTE: Pitcher Doug Fister of Washington won a Gold Glove and Bryce Harper won a Silver Slugger Award.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Wildcard Results

American League
Kansas City 9, Texas 6

National League
St. Louis 11, Atlanta 0

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Losing 6-4, 5-1 and 7-2, we were swept by the Dodgers and I never left the bullpen. The season is over and now I can only hope that the club can add to our roster and keep the likes of Bryce Harper.

Cincinnati beat Kansas City in 7 games to win the 2018 World Series.

#TheScriptIsDead

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Crap. That was an entirely quick and anti-climatic postseason.

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 11:27 AM
The offseason got off to a rough start for us. 4 players retired from the Nationals organization.

26 year old SS Javier Baez (91, A) retired after suffering a torn MCL in 2018. That's a huge blow to the club. Baez finished his career as a .250 hitter with 29 homers and 116 RBI in 1023 AB.

1B Edwin Encarnacion (75, B) retired at age 36 with a career .259 average, 336 HR and 1025 RBI in 6214 AB. This one hurts too as Edwin hit .268 with 27 HR and 97 RBI for us in 2018.

SP Doug Fister (77, B) hung it up at age 35. Fister was 9-6 with a 2.63 ERA in 2018 and he won a Gold Glove. In his career, he was 90-80 with a 3.31 ERA and 1031 K.

Finally, 34 year old reliever Cesar Jimenez (54, D) retired following concerns over a torn labrum. Jimenez hadn't pitched in the Majors since 2013 and was 2-3 with a 4.96 ERA and 47 K in his big league career.

I signed another 1 year deal with Washington worth $617,500.

I was happiest on November 2nd when the club announced that they had re-signed Bryce Harper to a 3-year, 80.46M contact. That assures that he'll be in the lineup for 3 of the 4 years I have remaining until I can become a Free Agent.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 11:30 AM
I've simmed to the start of 2019 Spring Training and, with that, I'm closing the book on MLB 14 and will resume this Road to the Show as well as my Houston Astros Franchise after MLB 15 releases Monday night.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
03-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Crap. That was an entirely quick and anti-climatic postseason.
Yeah, it was. But, I was on the mound when we won the division and I spent the entire season in the Majors - something I hadn't done before.

I still have alot to accomplish. I want to become an All-Star, I want Postseason success, I want to pitch at Minute Maid Park and I'd love to sign with Houston down the line if they ever improve.

I'll be arbitration eligible next offseason so I need to have a big year in 2019 so I can start making the big bucks. :)

My career earnings are $1,853,282. I need to get to where I'm earning more than that in a year.

#TheScriptIsDead

steelerfan
02-06-2016, 04:08 PM
I ripped through the Spring of 2019 this afternoon and it was a bad one for me.

In 12 appearances I was 1-3 with a 12.10 ERA. I did have 6 saves but that fell flat, considering that I added 4 blown saves. I allowed 17 hits and 13 runs (all earned) on just 9.2 innings of work. I recorded 7 strikeouts and allowed 2 walks. My WHIP was a horrid 1.97 and my opponents hit .370 (.500 by righties and .269 by lefties) and I gave up 1 long ball.

As a team, the Nationals tied with Boston for the 4th-worst record in the Grapefruit League at 12-15.

Despite the poor Spring, I've made the Opening Day roster as the closer. This team is going to have to win with starting pitching - it's very solid. The bullpen is decent and the everyday lineup is very shaky, outside of Austin Jackson, Bryce Harper, Anthony Rendon and Wilson Ramos. 6 positron players rated between 67 and 69 made the big club.

steelerfan
02-07-2016, 01:48 PM
We opened the 2019 season at home for 3 with the Mets. I didn't play in the opener which we won easily, 5-0.

In game 2, I came on in the top of the 9th with a 5-2 lead. After a leadoff flyout, I allowed a triple and a home run to cut the lead to 5-4. 3 straight singles had the Mets in business with the bases loaded and 1 out. I was lucky to get a 6-4-3 double play to escape with my first save of the season.

In game 3, I got my second save after allowing an unearned run on 2 hits in a 7-5 win. I had an ugly series and my ERA is 9.00 but I got 2 saves and the club is 3-0 as we head to Philadelphia for 3 games with the Phillies.

steelerfan
02-07-2016, 01:55 PM
I had to watch the first 2 games in Philly from the bullpen as we took our first losses of the season 5-4 and 3-0.

I got a big opportunity in game 3 to stop the skid as I came on in the bottom of the 9th with a 3-2 lead. I was able to secure my 3rd save as I allowed a lone single in sitting down the Phils.

On to Boston for 3 with the Red Sox next.

steelerfan
02-07-2016, 02:08 PM
After a 5-2 loss in game 1, I came on in the bottom of the 9th in game 2 with the bases loaded and no outs but with a 6-1 loss.

I struck out 2 and induced a weak groundout to first to earn my 4th save. The final was 6-2 as a run did score on a passed ball.

In the series finale, I took the mound with a 6-3 lead in the ninth. F7, F9 and K made for a 1-2-3 ninth and save number 5 as we leave Boston with a 6-3 record.

We'll head back to the nation's capital for 7 games - 4 with Philadelphia and 3 with St. Louis.

JBHuskers
02-07-2016, 03:02 PM
You gonna get the new one and continue? Or just stay with last year's?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

steelerfan
02-07-2016, 03:23 PM
You gonna get the new one and continue? Or just stay with last year's?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm going to get the new one and continue my Astros Franchise. I'll also continue my RTTS but as usual, it will take a back seat to my Franchise.

Before 16 comes out I'm going to get a season or so in on my RTTS since I haven't done much with it on 15.

I will once again play a full 162 with the Astros in my Franchise on 16 and also play through the offseason and the 2017 Spring. Same as always. :)

steelerfan
02-09-2016, 02:59 PM
We took 3 of 4 against the Phillies (9-2, 4-3, 0-5, 13-4) but I did not see any action in the series.

After taking Monday the 22nd off, the Cardinals were in town for 3 games.

In the opener I failed to close out a 2-1 lead in the ninth and was charged with my first blown save of 2019, allowing 2 hits and a walk. We did manage a 3-2 win in 10 innings though.

Following the game a trade between Washington and the Los Angeles Dodgers was announced. The Dodgers sent SS Jeff Taylor to us for 2B Ryan Brett and RF Cesar Puello.

Taylor is 29 (76 OVR) and will immediately become our everyday shortstop. He has just 18 MLB ABs in the last 3 years, however.

Brett is 27 (69 OVR) and was hitting .243 in 43 ABs for us. Puello (68 OVR), 28, is a career .241 hitter. Both will figure into the LA bench.

In game 2 I allowed 3 hits but came through unscathed to preserve a 4-1 victory and earn my 6th save.

I took the mound again in game 3, with a 5-2 lead in the 9th. 1-3, K, K ended the Cardinals hopes in order and we had a sweep and I earned save number 7.

Our record sits at 12-4, second to Atlanta's 13-2 in the NL East, and we're hitting the road for 10 games. First up are 3 in Miami, followed by 3 in Atlanta and 4 in Flushing against the Mets.

6 of our next 16 are against the division-leading Braves.

steelerfan
02-09-2016, 06:38 PM
We took our lumps in Miami, losing 9-7, 4-2 and 4-2 and I obviously didn't see any action.

We dropped to 12-8 after a loss in game one in Atlanta, with the Braves improving to 16-3.

I finally saw action again in game 2 and came on with a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th with a man on and no outs and with a chance to stop our 4-game skid.

I earned my 8th save with an F9 and a 6-4-3 double play to get us back in the win column.

We lost the rubber match of the series, 6-4 to start the month of May and we'll head north to play 4 in New York against the Mets.

NL East Standings through May 1, 2019

Braves 17-4
Nationals 13-9
Marlins 11-11
Phillies 10-13
Mets 7-15

Other clubs of interest:

Blue Jays 9-13
Astros 15-6
Rangers 12-9
Pirates 15-7
Cubs 8-14
Rockies 9-13

steelerfan
02-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Embarrassingly, we dropped the first 3 to the lowly Mets (5-1,1-0 and 6-5) but I got a save opportunity in game 4.

I salvaged a 3-1 win with a 1-2-3 ninth (F9, 6-3, 4-3) and notched my 9th save.

We'll limp home after a 2-8 road trip for 3 apiece with Miami and Atlanta next. To date we are 5-11 on the road but 9-1 at the friendly confines so the home stand could help us get back on track.

Here's a look at my early season stats in 2019:

10 G
0-0, 2.79
9.2 IP
9 Saves
1 Blown Save
7 K
1 BB
.325 Opp. Avg.

I'm currently 3rd in the NL and all of baseball, with 9 saves. However, I'm 6th in All-Star votes for closers with 118 k.

steelerfan
02-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Following a loss in game 1 (7-1) with the Marlins, I was summoned to the mound in game 2 in the top of the 12th with a 4-3 deficit, a man on 2nd and 1 out.

An F8 and a K got us out of the jam but we failed to score in the bottom half of the inning and took the loss. I actually got an AB in the 12th but struck out swinging on a full count.

We wound up getting a 4-3 win in the finale and will take Thursday off before the Braves come calling.

steelerfan
02-10-2016, 09:32 AM
We took game 1 from Atlanta (10-6) and I got a save opportunity in game 2, coming on in the 9th with a 3-0 lead.

I allowed a run on 2 hits and a walk but secured my 10th save of the year.

Atlanta beat us 8-1 in the finale so we finished the 6-game home stand with a 3-3 record and with our record at 17-15 we are 3rd in the NL East, 6.5 games behind Atlanta and 1 game behind Miami.

We're hitting the road again as we'll play 3 in Arizona and 4 in San Diego before returning to DC.

steelerfan
02-10-2016, 12:40 PM
We dropped the opener in the desert to Arizona, 1-0, but I got a save opportunity in game 2 as I was brought on to pitch the bottom of the ninth with a 4-2 lead.

I ripped through the ninth - K, K, F8 - for save number 11 of 2019.

I was back on the hill the next afternoon in the rubber match of the series, with a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

I allowed 2 hits and 2 walks but preserved the 2-0 win with an unconventional 7-2, 2-5, L5 string of outs and we left Arizona with a series win.

We had a 2-1 lead on the bottom of the 9th the next night in San Diego as I took a stab at save number 13. F8, K, K secured that save in a three up, three down frame.

I didn't pitch again in the series but we took 2 of the last 3 (2-4, 13-1, 11-1) to improve to 22-17 on the season. It was our best road trip to date as we went 5-2.

We'll have Monday off playing 2 with the Yankees and 3 with the Phillies at Nationals Park.

steelerfan
02-10-2016, 05:53 PM
I came on to close out the opener with the Yankees in the 9th with a 3-2 lead and quickly dispatched the Bombers on just 7 pitches- F9, 2-3, F8 for my 14th save of the season.

We took game 2, 9-3, as I watched from the bullpen. We had Thursday off before playing the Phillies over the weekend.

The Phillies took the first 2 games but I had a chance to salvage a win and the home stand on Sunday afternoon when I came on with a 1-0 lead in the top of the 9th.

An easy 9th - K, F7, 4-3 - and we were able to take 3 of 5 on the home stand as I notched save number 15 of 2019.

We'll play 3 at Wrigley and 3 in Cincinnati with a day of in between beginning Monday.

steelerfan
02-11-2016, 06:16 PM
We took the opener in Chicago (10-5) and I was asked to close out game 2. We had a 3-1 lead over the Cubs when I came on in the 9th.

It was a quick 1-2-3 (K, K, 4-3) and I earned my 16th save of 2019 and the second of my career against my former club.

We closed out the series on Wednesday with an 11-4 win to earn a sweep in the Windy City.

After having Thursday off, we were in Cincinnati for a weekend series that took us into the month of June.

I entered game 1 with the bases empty and one away in the bottom of the 9th. We had an 8-6 lead but the Reds had already pushed 2 runs across in the inning.

I converted for save number 17, retiring the only 2 batters that I faced (6-3, K).

After a loss in game 2, I came in with a 4-3 lead in the ninth in Sunday afternoon's finale. It was more easy work for me as I retired the Reds in order - K, 4-3, K. We closed out the road trip with an impressive 5-1 record.

NL East Standings through June 2, 2019

Braves 30-20
Nationals 30-20
Marlins 28-23
Mets 24-27
Phillies 19-33

Other notable clubs:

Blue Jays 25-27
Rangers 31-20
Astros 25-26
Pirates 30-20
Cubs 21-30
Rockies 20-30

steelerfan
02-11-2016, 06:23 PM
After a rough Spring and a shakey April, I found my groove in May and have really improved from a statistical standpoint. In fact, I've retired the last 18 batters that I've faced.

Here are some pertinent numbers through June 2

0-0, 1.89
20 G
19.0 IP
18 SV
1 BSV
18 K
4 BB
17 H
1 HRA
1.11 WHIP
.243 Opp Avg
5 K/RISP

steelerfan
02-17-2016, 11:04 PM
We returned home for 7 games, 3 with Toronto and 4 with the Cubs.

We spilt the first 2 with the Blue Jays and I finally saw action in the finale, coming on to pitch the 9th with a 5-2 lead.

I continued my hot streak, retiring the Jays in order - F8, K, K - to register my 19th save of the season.

On Thursday, we welcomed the Cubs to Nationals Park for the first of a 4-game weekend series.

I took the hill in the top of the 9th in game 1 with a 3-2 lead.

Kris Bryant led off for Chicago and grounded to 3rd to become my 22nd consecutive batter set down. Things fell apart after that though as I allowed a double and a 2-run home run and was lifted from the game while being on the hook for my first loss of the season.

Fortunately, my teammates picked me up and, with 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th, pulled out a 5-4 win. It was, however, my second blown save of 2019.

I didn't get back into the series as we dropped the next 3 and finished a dismal 3-4 on the home stand.

We'll take Monday off, before playing 2 in The Bronx, 4 in Milwaukee and 2 in Tampa.

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 02:30 PM
I didn't see any action at Yankee Stadium as we split the 2 games with New York.

I got back on the hill in the opener in Milwaukee, with a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

I retired the Brewers in order - 4-3, K, P5 - and earned my 20th save of the season.

We wound up sweeping 4 from the Brewers before losing both games in Tampa to finish the trip with a 5-3 record.

We'll turn right around and play 8 at home starting Wednesday with the first of two with the Rays. After that we will have 3 with the Pirates, a day off, and 3 with Atlanta.

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 02:49 PM
I took my first loss of 2019 in the opener against Tampa Bay, back at Nationals Park.

We had a 5-4 lead in the ninth but, after allowing a single, I committed a throwing error in a hasty attempt to turn a double play. The error was compounded when I then surrendered a 2-run double on my final pitch of a poor outing.

I need to get things turned around quickly as I've blown 2 of my last 3 save opportunities, after having blown just 1 of the first 20 this season. My ERA has ballooned to 3.38.

We took game 2 from the Rays to split and I was back on the hill in the opener with Pittsburgh on Friday night with a 4-3 lead in the top of the 9th.

I got my 21st save with an easy 1-2-3 inning scored 4-3, P4, P2. We swept the Pirates, took Monday off, and welcomed Atlanta to Nationals Park for the first of 3 on Tuesday night.

I was called on to close the series opener, coming on with a 4-3 lead in the ninth.

F7, 4-3, F9 and save number 22 was in the books. We took 2 of 3 from Atlanta to go 6-2 on the 8-game home stand.

We're back on the road for 6 games as the calendar flips from June to July. We'll play 3 in Philly and 3 in Atlanta, with a day off in between.

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Following a win in the opener in Philadelphia, the club announced that we've traded LF LJ Hoes (71 OVR) to the Royals for SP Aaron Brooks (75 OVR).

Brooks, 28, is 49-41 in his career with a 3.75 ERA however this season he is just 0-1 with a 2.08 ERA in just 1 appearance with the Royals (4.1 IP).

Brooks is a reclamation project. He won 18 games as a rookie in 2014 followed by 10, 13 and 8 in the next 3 seasons but spent all of 2018 and most of 2019 in the minors. He'll plug in as our 5th starter on the big club.

Hoes, 28, had 187 ABs for us this year and was hitting .241 with 2 HRs and 13 RBI. His career numbers are .255, 13, 82.

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 03:22 PM
I was called on to pitch the bottom of the 13th inning in game 2 with the Phillies, with the score knotted at 2.

It was a heck of a way to earn my first win of 2019 but I went 5 innings of shutout relief, allowing just 1 hit (bunt single) and striking out 2. I even contributed at the plate, going 1 for 2 as we won 3-2 in 17 innings and I tossed 50 pitches.

I didn't see the mound again until the final game of the road trip, with a 4-2 lead in Atlanta in the bottom of the 9th.

I retired the Braves in order as we pulled into a first place tie with them and closed the road trip with a 4-2 mark.

We'll be back at Nationals Park for 6 games beginning Friday. First, it's the Giants for 3 and then 3 with the Reds.

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 03:30 PM
NL East Standings through July 4, 2019

Nationals 48-31
Braves 48-31
Marlins 43-37
Mets 31-49
Phillies 31-50

Other notable records

Blue Jays 38-43
Tigers 34-46
Rangers 45-35
Astros 42-39
Pirates 41-37
Cubs 35-46
Rockies 36-44

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Some of my stats through July 4, 2019

G 28
1-1, 2.45
23 SV
3 BSV
29.1 IP
23 K
4 BB
2 HRA
0.89 WHIP
.209 Opp Avg
.136 vRHH
.298 vLHH
5 K/RISP

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 06:37 PM
With a 4-1 lead in the top of the 9th, I was called from the bullpen in the opener against San Francisco.

The leadoff man reached with a single and the next man flew to center but the ball was dropped by Bryce Harper. Harper recovered though and threw out the lead man, 8-6. After that, I recorded a K and a 4-3 for save number 24.

After the game, we announced another trade. The Cubs traded RP Pedro Strop (82 OVR) to us for SP Taylor Guerrieri (75 ERA).

Strop, 33, will serve as a set up man out of the bullpen. Strop has struggled this season, going 3-4 with a 5.72 ERA in 45.2 innings. He is a career 25-40 pitcher with a 4.55 ERA.

Guerrieri, 26, will plug in as the Cubs #4 starter. His career numbers are not so good (12-15, 4.09) but he was having a strong season for us (5-2, 2.51) and is still young with upside (B Potential).

I didn't see any action again until the finale against Cincinnati when I was called in with the bases loaded and 2 outs with a 9-4 lead in the top of the 9th.

I struck out Darwin Barney to end it and earn save number 25. We went 3-3 on the home stand and we'll be in Baltimore for 3 games before the All-Star Break.

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Though on the road, we were fortunate to have our final series before the All-Star Break close to home as we traveled to Baltimore for 3 games with the Orioles.

I entered the opener with a 4-2 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

I retired the first 2 Orioles easily, 5-3 and 1-3 but soon ran into trouble and ended up with my worst outing of the season. 3 straight singles, the third being of the RBI variety, and a walk had the bases loaded and we were clinging to a 4-3 lead. Jose Franco homered to left center for a walk off grand slam and a 7-4 Baltimore win.

It was my 4th blown save and my second loss of 2019.

We wound up getting swept in Baltimore and the AL won the All-Star Game, 4-1.

After the break, we'll be home for 6 games - 3 with the Dodgers and 3 with the Mets.

steelerfan
02-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Major League Baseball Standings as of the 2019 All-Star Break

American League

East
Orioles 45-43
Rays 46-45
Yankees 43-45
Blue Jays 41-50
Red Sox 33-56

Central
Royals 52-37
Indians 47-42
Twins 46-43
Tigers 41-49
White Sox 37-51

West
Mariners 54-35
Rangers 50-38
Astros 50-41
Athletics 43-48
Angels 34-54

National League

East
Braves 54-35
Nationals 51-37
Marlins 47-42
Phillies 36-55
Mets 35-54

Central
Reds 59-30
Cardinals 48-42
Pirates 47-41
Cubs 40-50
Brewers 30-60

West
Giants 55-34
Dodgers 52-38
Padres 48-42
Rockies 40-49
Diamondbacks 35-53

jaymo76
02-27-2016, 04:15 PM
Just want you to know... not happy about the Jay s at 41-50 lol. However, based on the new head honcho (Shapiro) this record is probably fitting.