PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 11:06 AM
It's getting to be time to thinking about your draft boards.

In the dynasty league I'm in, we had our rookie/FA draft last night. I'm pretty happy with the team we drafted. We didn't have a pick until #36 as we traded our first round pick for Matthew Stafford. We took Dri Archer at #36, and he was a guy we were targeting going into this draft, so it was nice that he fell to us. Our 3rd round pick, we took Jerrick McKinnon with the hopes that he's the successor to Adrian Peterson. Our biggest surprise was that DL Justin Smith from the Niners was dropped and we nabbed him in the 6th round. The rest of the picks were some rookie TE's that we hope stick and some depth at the IDP positions.

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Do you guys get points for Kick and Punt Returns, things like that?

If so some of Archer's value will come from that and possibly a nice pick up.

I have the #2 pick for $ league I'm always in. I've had the 1st pick twice and 2nd pick once or twice as well I believe past few years.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Do you guys get points for Kick and Punt Returns, things like that?

If so some of Archer's value will come from that and possibly a nice pick up.

I have the #2 pick for $ league I'm always in. I've had the 1st pick twice and 2nd pick once or twice as well I believe past few years.

Yes we do.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Oh.

American Football.

:fdown:

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Oh.

American Football.

:fdown:

We need to do an EPL pick'em this year by the way.

And as for Dri Archer, I hear he might be a 3rd down pass catching back too like Sproles. He's impressed in OTAs so far it sounds like.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 11:37 AM
We need to do an EPL pick'em this year by the way.

And as for Dri Archer, I hear he might be a 3rd down pass catching back too like Sproles. He's impressed in OTAs so far it sounds like.

I play Fantasy Football for the EPL. Started 3 years ago. Let my know if you want in our group this year. We play at www.fantasyleague.com/classic and it's like $25 to play.

As for Archer, sounds good. However, I temper my excitement. Chris Rainey sounded good too. ;)

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I play Fantasy Football for the EPL. Started 3 years ago. Let my know if you want in our group this year. We play at www.fantasyleague.com/classic and it's like $25 to play.

As for Archer, sounds good. However, I temper my excitement. Chris Rainey sounded good too. ;)

It's a dynasty league so he's not going to be starting for us every week. We're set at our starters since we keep almost our whole team.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 11:55 AM
It's a dynasty league so he's not going to be starting for us every week. We're set at our starters since we keep almost our whole team.

I understand. I'm talking strictly about my excitement as a fan.

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I play Fantasy Football for the EPL. Started 3 years ago. Let my know if you want in our group this year. We play at www.fantasyleague.com/classic (http://www.fantasyleague.com/classic) and it's like $25 to play.

As for Archer, sounds good. However, I temper my excitement. Chris Rainey sounded good too. ;)Chris Rainey sounded good in terms for Madden, but I never was high on him.

For one his character seems to be better from the onset from the little I can tell.

My expectations aren't high, but on Special Teams alone I believe he will be more than useful.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Chris Rainey sounded good in terms for Madden, but I never was high on him.

For one his character seems to be better from the onset from the little I can tell.

My expectations aren't high, but on Special Teams alone I believe he will be more than useful.

Care to share how, on the field, you can contrast Rainey with Archer?

Return kicks, get him in space. Same as Rainey. Hopefully, with better results than CR (and no "issues").

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Care to share how, on the field, you can contrast Rainey with Archer?

Return kicks, get him in space. Same as Rainey. Hopefully, with better results than CR (and no "issues").Oh sure they both have similar builds, Archer is faster but that's splitting hairs.

I don't recall Rainey ever going to be featured like I have heard Archer being. Archer was drafted to be an impact player, not just a glorified returner I'd imagine. Not sure if Rainey ever had that same role envisioned for him.

With all this being said I have a feeling he will eclipse what Rainey did during his time...which isn't saying much because he proved to more of a pain than he was worth. Archer should still be a better prospect than CR was but time will tell.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Archer should be more of a poor man's Sproles as a rookie, with a good chance in growing into that role. I'm not sure if he will have an impact in a regular 2014 league, but in a dynasty league like we got him in, it's worth the 36th pick of the rookie/FA draft.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Oh sure they both have similar builds, Archer is faster but that's splitting hairs.

I don't recall Rainey ever going to be featured like I have heard Archer being. Archer was drafted to be an impact player, not just a glorified returner I'd imagine. Not sure if Rainey ever had that same role envisioned for him.

With all this being said I have a feeling he will eclipse what Rainey did during his time...which isn't saying much because he proved to more of a pain than he was worth. Archer should still be a better prospect than CR was but time will tell.

Rainey got some hype as a third down guy after being drafted. It just never materialized. If Archer is able to be more than a "paper lion" like Rainey was, I'll be very happy. :)

I'm just not going to get too excited until he does something on gameday.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Archer should be more of a poor man's Sproles as a rookie, with a good chance in growing into that role. I'm not sure if he will have an impact in a regular 2014 league, but in a dynasty league like we got him in, it's worth the 36th pick of the rookie/FA draft.

I'm not saying he isn't good for you. I'm just saying that I'm not going to get too excited, as a Steelers fan, until I see something tangible.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm not saying he isn't good for you. I'm just saying that I'm not going to get too excited, as a Steelers fan, until I see something tangible.

Yeah he's not going to start unless he produces right out of the gate. We already have Bell and Stacy as starters, so we're good. There were 35 rookies taken prior to Archer in this draft, so obviously we don't have sky high hopes right off the bat.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Yeah he's not going to start unless he produces right out of the gate. We already have Bell and Stacy as starters, so we're good. There were 35 rookies taken prior to Archer in this draft, so obviously we don't have sky high hopes right off the bat.

I completely understand.

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I completely understand.

You should see the guys we drafted. A whole lot of hopes and dreams :D

3rd Round - Jerrick McKinnon (RB - Vikings - Hopefully replaces AP eventually)
4th Round - Colt Lyerla (TE - Packers - Outside chance at starting)
5th Round - Nate Freese (K - Lions - Rookie, going to probably start, it's a 20 team dynasty league so two kickers is a must)
6th Round - Justin Smith (DL - 49ers - Kinda surprised he was dropped, our only non-rookie pick)
7th Round - AC Leonard (TE - Vikings - Complete gamble for him to make any impact in the future - TE's get 2 points per catch so they're a premium)
8th Round - Kony Early (DL - Panthers - Ranked #2 among DL in a dyansty rookie ranking, so good value)
9th Round - Dezmen Southward (CB - Falcons - Outside chance to be a starter in his rookie year)
10th Round - Quincy Enunwa (WR - Jets - We wanted Nick Toon since he's looking like the Saint's #3, he went early in the round so we went homer pick with this former Husker)

CLW
07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
We doing a TGT league this season?

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 05:10 PM
We doing a TGT league this season?

Doubtful. Any time we've tried half the people quit trying after a couple weeks. I'm in enough money leagues as it is.

GatorfanStovy
07-07-2014, 05:13 PM
I want in on this league.. Well at least ffl. The other stuff was fun too.

psuexv
08-11-2014, 08:24 AM
First draft in the books last night. Way earlier than I would have liked but too many scheduling conflicts. I loaded up on WR, hoping I can trade on for a better QB

Andy Dalton Cin QB
Matt Forte Chi RB
Chris Johnson NYJ RB
Antonio Brown Pit WR
AJ Green Cin WR
Brandon Marshall Chi WR
Rob Gronkowski NE TE
Shaun Suisham Pit K
St. Louis StL Def
Eli Manning NYG QB
Steven Jackson Atl RB
Lamar Miller Mia RB
Marques Colston NO WR
Torrey Smith Bal WR

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
One of my four leagues is a dynasty league so that draft was in July for rookies and leftovers.

Then it's bang bang bang. Two drafts on the 23rd and one on the 27th.

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Have my $ and only league draft this Saturday again

Missed last season's due to being at a Gun Bash...and went 11-2 lol

Gun Bash is again this Saturday but I will be drunk drafting it this year.

steelerfan
08-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Have my $ and only league draft this Saturday again

Missed last season's due to being at a Gun Bash...and went 11-2 lol

Gun Bash is again this Saturday but I will be drunk drafting it this year.
This is full of "reasons foreigners hate Americans". :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

steelerfan
08-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Speaking of Fantasy Football, my league starts Saturday. I need to get my squad picked!

skipwondah33
08-11-2014, 02:26 PM
This is full of "reasons foreigners hate Americans". :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A:D haha

There's more lol, cornhole tournament, horseshoes...hell the thing is held in/at a barn I kid you not

it's actually called a Sportsman Bash. $25,000 in prizes, guns, fishing rods, bows and 4-wheeler/trailer package

Had a great time last year. Started drinking at 2 and finished at 10...$25 gets you all you can drink and eat. I won an AR raffle last year.

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Rashad Jennings is one of my sleepers for this year.

psuexv
08-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Speaking of Fantasy Football, my league starts Saturday. I need to get my squad picked!

Don't take Landon Donovan, he's retiring ;)

psuexv
08-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Rashad Jennings is one of my sleepers for this year.

Not sure if call him a sleeper since he's projected top 20.

JBHuskers
08-11-2014, 03:06 PM
ESPN has him at 26th best RB.

CBS at 25th and 27th for their two writers.

steelerfan
08-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Don't take Landon Donovan, he's retiring ;)
He's not in the Premier League. ;)

psusnoop
08-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Heading to my first of two fantasy drafts today. This will be the first time in a very long time (5+ years) that I've played.

I won't know my draft position till 1pm so I'm not sure how I'm going to attack the draft.

psuexv
08-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Heading to my first of two fantasy drafts today. This will be the first time in a very long time (5+ years) that I've played.

I won't know my draft position till 1pm so I'm not sure how I'm going to attack the draft.

Three words.... Johnny Fantasy Football

psusnoop
08-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Here was my draft

Peyton Manning
Alex Smith

Alfred Morris
Trent Richardson
Pierre Thomas
Dexter McCluster
Knile Davis

Julio Jones
Danny Amendola
Kendall Wright
Anquan Bolden
Malcom Floyd

Vernon Davis
Tyler Eifert

Nick Novak
Chiefs Defense

skipwondah33
08-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Well did my Draft last night while at sportsman bash. Drunk drafted horribly. Had 2 QB's drafted back to back with damn auto pick

Nick Files
Eli Manning (auto)
Ryan Tannehill (auto)

Lesean Mccoy
Giovanni Bernard
Mike Tolbert (auto)
James White (auto)

Antonio Brown
Sammy Watkins
Cecil Shorts
Mike Evans
Markus Wheaton
Kenbrell Tompkins

Dennis Pitta

Stephen Gostowski

Seahawks D

JBHuskers
08-19-2014, 11:27 AM
I think Foles and Manning are going to go too high for my tastes this year. As I usually do, I'm doing a warm-up draft tonight for $20 on a Yahoo public league. Unfortuantely they do 10-team leagues instead of 12 that I'm always in.

skipwondah33
08-19-2014, 12:27 PM
I took him in the 4th round.

Manning was auto drafted in the 12th. I planned on taking him or Tannehil around then but not both lol

JBHuskers
08-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Had the 2nd pick in the $20 public 10-team Yahoo league:

1st - Jamaal Charles
2nd - Monte Ball
3rd - Julio Jones
4th - Rob Gronkowski
5th - Rashad Jennings
6th - Nick Foles
7th - Jeremy Maclin
8th - Brandin Cooks
9th - Bishop Sankey
10th - Jay Cutler
11th - Dennis Pitta
12th - St. Louis
13th - Marvin Jones
14th - Jarrett Boykin
15th - Justin Tucker

psuexv
08-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Those are 4 solid first picks if Julio stays healthy

JBHuskers
08-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Yahoo gave me a B+ grade on the entire draft.

CLW
08-19-2014, 09:03 PM
1st draft last night:

(3)
Jamaal Charles (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8850) (KC - RB)

(18)
Aaron Rodgers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7200) (GB - QB)

(23)
Zac Stacy (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/26783) (StL - RB)

(38)
Andre Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6339) (Hou - WR)

(43)
Percy Harvin (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9286) (Sea - WR)

(58)
Jeremy Maclin (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9283) (Phi - WR)

(63)
Bishop Sankey (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/27582) (Ten - RB)

(78)
Kendall Wright (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/25730) (Ten - WR)

(83)
Ray Rice (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8832) (Bal - RB)

(98)
Mike Evans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/27535) (TB - WR)

(103)
Denver (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den) (Den - DEF)

(118)
Martellus Bennett (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8838) (Chi - TE)

(123)
Johnny Manziel (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/27550) (Cle - QB)

(138)
Markus Wheaton (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/26702) (Pit - WR)

(143)
Nick Novak (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7505) (SD - K)

JBHuskers
08-19-2014, 11:30 PM
The draft analysis thing on Yahoo is pretty cool:

Led by an Elite Group of RBs, Midway Monsters Will Own This League

Draft Summary
Midway Monsters took the second overall pick and wove it into fantasy gold with an expected finish of first in Yahoo Public 1023021 League. Their 12-2-0 projected record is no joke and opponents will need to pull out all the stops if they hope to knock off Midway Monsters. They obviously understand how important the running back position is in fantasy football. They used three of their first five picks on RBs Jamaal Charles (first round), Montee Ball (second round), and Rashad Jennings (fifth round). These guys could be the key to the season for Midway Monsters, as they are the best RB combo in the league.

Nice draft. If there were a Fantasy Football Hall Of Fame, you should nominate yourself. Wait, there is? And you can??

Schedule
Midway Monsters can chalk up Week 9 as a loss. They have four players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Based on their opponents' projected points, they have one of the weakest schedules. Midway Monsters has the opportunity to finish the season on a hot streak, as the last four games of their season are projected to be less difficult than the league average.

Draft Notes
A Talented Trio
Midway Monsters has three positions on their roster that are stronger than the league's average (TE, RB, and DEF).

Up and Comers
Assembling a squad of rising stars is key to fantasy success and Midway Monsters may have done just that, with five players estimated to top their prior-season numbers by a substantial amount.

Risky Business
It appears that Midway Monsters likes to gamble, as they took chances on six volatile selections.

Mr. Mendoza
Jarrett Boykin is owned in only 6% of all Yahoo! leagues. Let's hope that a.) Midway Monsters has some solid inside information, or b.) he's a close friend of the family.

Player Analysis

Does Jamaal Charles Enjoy Fajitas?
Because his all-purpose yardage figures are sizzling. Charles is projected to rank second in the league with 1,723 total yards.

Traditionalist
Midway Monsters stuck to the tried-and-true fantasy strategy of going RB-RB to start the draft, nabbing Jamaal Charles and Montee Ball right off the bat.

Haters Gonna Hate
The rest of Yahoo Public 1023021 League overlooked a gem, and Midway Monsters made the swaggiest pick of the round by grabbing Julio Jones.

A Big, Reliable Threat
Rob Gronkowski ranks second in the Yahoo Public 1023021 League among TEs with 166 projected fantasy points.

It Was a Learning Experience
Hey, remember that time Midway Monsters took Rashad Jennings WAY too early and the entire draft room erupted in laughter? Jennings was the weakest value pick of the round.

CLW
10-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Should I roll the dice with a active but gimpy Jimmy Graham or just play it safe and roll with Delanie Walker?