PDA

View Full Version : EA SPORTS Announces Patrice Bergeron as Fan-Selected NHL 15 Cover Athlete

cdj
06-24-2014, 07:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq71tAPCcAA3kM6.jpg

Announced during the 2014 NHL Awards, Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron has been voted by fans to be the NHL 15 cover athlete.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqwtL1OCYAIX0N5.jpg

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), the National Hockey League (NHL®) and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA®) announced today that Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron has been voted by hockey fans to be the EA SPORTS™ NHL®15 cover athlete, kicking off a bold new generation of hockey videogames for the award winning franchise. Bergeron topped Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban following more than 10 million votes from hockey fans around the world. Earning 4 wins and 5 nominations for Best Sports Game at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014, NHL 15 is the next leap forward in the genre-defining franchise from EA SPORTS.

“Being featured on the cover of NHL 15 is a dream come true,” said Bruins center Patrice Bergeron. “The fact that the cover is selected entirely by fans is an incredible feeling. The passion and support from hockey fans, especially Bruins fans, is unlike any other sport and I’m so grateful to everyone who voted for me.”

"Congratulations to Patrice Bergeron for being chosen by the fans as the EA SPORTS NHL 15 cover athlete," said Adam Larry, NHLPA Director of Licensing and Associate Counsel. "We enjoyed seeing the passion that fans displayed in supporting the eight NHL players participating in this year’s NHL 15 vote campaign, as well as the entertaining activations from the players who were vying for the title. This program is a great way to kick off a big year for the NHL videogame franchise.”

“We would like to congratulate Patrice on this incredible honor and to recognize the outstanding fan support that helped him earn the NHL 15 cover distinction,” said Dave McCarthy, NHL Vice President of Consumer Products Marketing. “Once again, we were amazed with the level of engagement, creativity and support exhibited by our teams and our fans that truly exemplified the unrivaled level of passion and commitment only found in the NHL.”

steelerfan
06-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Looking forward to the game; couldn't care less about covers.

I'm very hopeful that NHL 15 is going to be a huge step forward on the next gen systems. This and FIFA are what I'm waiting for. Until then, back to MLB.