PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football....Lets talk about it

texacotea
08-16-2010, 06:30 AM
That time again. Got my money league draft tonight. Dont know where I am at yet.

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Moved to the pro sports area.....I'm in a couple leagues this year......supposed to be in three but I have to go to a wedding on the night they're doing the draft. I've ran a league that is in it's 10th year now. My drafts aren't until the last week before the season.....

texacotea
08-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Debated on waiting till closer to the season for the draft. But all the whiners wanted to do it earlier. Cant decide whether to take a Qb or a RB first. Really depends on where im at in the draft. But I feel there is more qbs that put up numbers than solid running backs.

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Debated on waiting till closer to the season for the draft. But all the whiners wanted to do it earlier. Cant decide whether to take a Qb or a RB first. Really depends on where im at in the draft. But I feel there is more qbs that put up numbers than solid running backs.

I just recorded and made a vid for EA Sports on the upcoming fantasy season. The first vid was the top 10 players of 2009, and 8 of them were QB's....I think that is plenty of proof that the days of RB's going all in the first two rounds is done. Too many RBBC's for a RB to flourish, with the exception of a few.

texacotea
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Agreed, so does that mean you take a proven RB that will put up #s and take a chance on a QB or the other way around. Whats the top 10 players?

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Agreed, so does that mean you take a proven RB that will put up #s and take a chance on a QB or the other way around. Whats the top 10 players?

Here's the "pilot episode" it's kinda rough, as it was more intended just as a basis for what I am going to do later on. The screen shots were from Madden 10. Going to use in-game footage instead of stills....plus I forgot to remove the in-game music for Peyton Manning :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnhIc16jDqw

texacotea
08-16-2010, 05:02 PM
well I have pick #9 and then 12 which bodes well in getting 2 top players.

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 06:31 PM
well I have pick #9 and then 12 which bodes well in getting 2 top players.

Yeah last year with 6-point per TD QB scoring, there wasn't much of a difference after Aaron Rodgers between QB's two through eight.

texacotea
08-16-2010, 06:36 PM
well #1 i went with Andre Johnson and #2 went with Joe Flacco

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 06:37 PM
well #1 i went with Andre Johnson and #2 went with Joe Flacco

Johnson's worth a 1st rounder....Flacco, not so sure. He's got weapons now....but probably coulda got him later.

texacotea
08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
QB Joe Flacco, Bal QB [Recent News]
RB Shonn Greene, NYJ RB [Recent News]
RB Ryan Mathews, SD RB [Breaking News]
RB/WR Michael Crabtree, SF WR P [Breaking News]
WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR
WR Greg Jennings, GB WR [Breaking News]
TE Kellen Winslow, TB TE P [Breaking News]
D/ST Bengals D/ST, Cin D/ST
K Mason Crosby, GB K

BENCH
Mark Sanchez, NYJ QB
Marion Barber, Dal RB
Steve Breaston, Ari WR
Dez Bryant, Dal WR Q [Breaking News]
Josh Freeman, TB QB [Breaking News]
Jacoby Jones, Hou WR
Devin Thomas, Was WR

morsdraconis
08-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Johnson's worth a 1st rounder....Flacco, not so sure. He's got weapons now....but probably coulda got him later.

Most definitely Flacco was probably a poor pick. Probably could have gotten someone better like Romo or Shaub (or McNabb) before him.

texacotea
08-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Yea could have gotten Shaub and but Flacco has put up good #s without the a good core. Just making a case for myself. Here is what they say about my team.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/team.php?team=JST882H28UbM

morsdraconis
08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Yea could have gotten Shaub and but Flacco has put up good #s without the a good core. Just making a case for myself. Here is what they say about my team.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/team.php?team=JST882H28UbM

There's no doubt that it's a solid core man. Just gotta hope that he has a good year cause a good QB is HARD to come by otherwise in a FFL unless you have a small league.

texacotea
08-16-2010, 07:20 PM
There's no doubt that it's a solid core man. Just gotta hope that he has a good year cause a good QB is HARD to come by otherwise in a FFL unless you have a small league.

10 teams. Im looking to get another RB.

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 10:34 PM
RB Ryan Mathews, SD RB [Breaking News]
WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR
K Mason Crosby, GB K

BENCH
Mark Sanchez, NYJ QB
Marion Barber, Dal RB
Steve Breaston, Ari WR
Jacoby Jones, Hou WR
Devin Thomas, Was WR

I really need to get to studying as all this is off the top of my head :D but your WR's are GREAT, your RB's are young but have the chance to be solid. Bengals D was 4th in the NFL last year. QB is probably your weakest link.

morsdraconis
08-16-2010, 10:37 PM
I will say, you're wasting a spot with Devin Thomas. The dude will be LUCKY to even be on the roster at the end of preseason. He's ATROCIOUS right now, for some reason.

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah when it comes to bye weeks, you will probably need to find some better options at WR. I am predicting as a Bears fan that Aromashodu could have a breakout season after his flurry to end the year. I think he's already risen to 3rd in the depth chart ahead of Bennett and behind Hester and Knox. Plus he's now in Mike Martz's offense. Another sleeper could be Heyward-Bey. He'll never live up to the 7th pick overall, but I think the combo of him and Campbell could be okay.

Kwizzy
08-17-2010, 08:02 AM
We're doing an auction style draft for the first time this year. Anyone ever done one? Tips, hints, strategies always welcome!

texacotea
08-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Working on a trade to get Ryan grant for Sanchez. that leaves me with Flacco and Freeman as my qbs. But I now have Shon Greene, Ryan Matthews, Willis Mcgahee and Ryan Grant as my RBs

JBHuskers
08-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Working on a trade to get Ryan grant for Sanchez. that leaves me with Flacco and Freeman as my qbs. But I now have Shon Greene, Ryan Matthews, Willis Mcgahee and Ryan Grant as my RBs

I'm high on all but McGahee this year. Grant isn't really in a RBBC, the other two kinda are, but it's Tomlinson and Sproles, they're not really going to steal a ton of carries from the main guys.

texacotea
08-22-2010, 07:18 PM
RB Ryan Mathews, SD RB
WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR
K Mason Crosby, GB K

BENCH
Marion Barber, Dal RB
Steve Breaston, Ari WR
[B]Willis Mcgahee
Devin Aromashodu
Ryan Grant

Updated team with moves.

JBHuskers
08-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah as long as Flacco can stay healthy, you just need Freeman for one week. With so many RBBC's, you need to have a LOT of depth at RB, but not necessarily take them all that early.

JBHuskers
08-31-2010, 01:53 PM
From Sportspickle.com LOL

http://3.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/7/6/3d760497ea1976656a6437068b780c81.jpg

JBHuskers
08-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Here is my debut article on the Madden NFL 11 site for the Game Changers Fantasy Focus show that will be done on a weekly basis in the form of a video + blog.

Here is my draft preview. (http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=FantasyFocus)

Here's my first of three money league drafts:

1. (8) Frank Gore RB
2. (17) Steven Jackson RB
3. (32) Marques Colston WR
4. (41) Philip Rivers QB
5. (56) Wes Welker WR
6. (65) Marion Barber RB
7. (80) Clinton Portis RB
8. (89) Visanthe Shiancoe TE
9. (104) Darren McFadden RB
10. (113) Devin Hester WR
11. (128) Ben Roethlisberger QB
12. (137) Philadelphia DEF
13. (152) Julian Edelman WR
14. (161) Ryan Longwell K
15. (176) Tashard Choice RB
16. (185) Greg Olsen TE

gschwendt
09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm fairly happy with my draft tonight... I was the last/first pick.

1. (10) Andre Johnson (WR)
2. (11) Michael Turner (HB)
3. (30) Eli Manning (QB)
4. (31) Shonn Greene (HB)
5. (50) Antonio Gates (TE)
6. (51) Michael Crabtree (WR)
7. (70) New York (D/ST)
8. (71) Vincent Jackson (WR)
9. (90) Carnell Williams (HB)
10. (91) Terrell Owens (WR)
11. (110) Carson Palmer (QB)
12. (111) Dez Bryant (WR)
13. (130) Clinton Portis (HB)
14. (131) Josh Scobee (K)
15. (150) Malcom Floyd (WR)

morsdraconis
09-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Pretty happy with my first (of 3) drafts:

1. (3) Adrian Peterson (RB)
2. (22) Cedric Benson (RB)
3. (27) Matt Ryan (QB)
4. (46) DeSean Jackson (WR)
5. (51) Dwayne Bowe (WR)
6. (70) Santana Moss (WR)
7. (75) Tony Gonzalez (TE)
8. (94) Green Bay (D/ST)
9. (99) Jerome Harrison (RB)
10. (118) Lee Evans (WR)
11. (123) Reggie Bush (RB)
12. (142) Kyle Orton (QB)
13. (147) Steve Breaston (WR)
14. (166) Washington (D/ST)
15. (171) Graham Gano (K)

Had a chance at getting Philip Rivers instead of Matt Ryan, but he got taken the pick before me (was pretty pissed about that), but I think I have a very good bad up in Orton.

JBHuskers
09-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Yeah to me...Ryan is a great QB, but not in fantasy. Round 3 is a stretch, I think you coulda got him much later. Nice that AP fell to the 3rd pick for ya!

morsdraconis
09-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Yeah to me...Ryan is a great QB, but not in fantasy. Round 3 is a stretch, I think you coulda got him much later. Nice that AP fell to the 3rd pick for ya!

Unfortunately, as much as I would have liked for him to fall, it just wasn't going to happen. People were picking QBs really late for some reason and he was the best available at my last pick (for like another 30 picks or something) and I just couldn't afford to miss on him.

He's not great, but he's consist (or at least, he was last year).

JBHuskers
09-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately, as much as I would have liked for him to fall, it just wasn't going to happen. People were picking QBs really late for some reason and he was the best available at my last pick (for like another 30 picks or something) and I just couldn't afford to miss on him.

He's not great, but he's consist (or at least, he was last year).

The problem is I don't think he threw more than 2 TD's in any game last year. If he did it was only once or twice.

morsdraconis
09-03-2010, 10:48 AM
The problem is I don't think he threw more than 2 TD's in any game last year. If he did it was only once or twice.

Well, you know, in the NFL, more then 2 TDs from a QB doesn't actually happen very often. Too many teams are smashmouth offenses to go throwing 3-5 TDs a game. That's why Peyton, Brees, etc are so far up there compared to pretty much everyone else.

gschwendt
09-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Draft in my second league

Round Player
1 - 8 (8) P Manning (IND-QB)
2 - 1 (11) R Grant (GB-RB)
3 - 8 (28) B Marshall (MIA-WR)
4 - 1 (31) B Wells (ARI-RB)
5 - 8 (48) V Davis (SF-TE)
6 - 1 (51) P Harvin (MIN-WR)
7 - 8 (68) J Flacco (BAL-QB)
8 - 1 (71) C Williams (TB-RB)
9 - 8 (88) D Mason (BAL-WR)
10 - 1 (91) Philadelphia (DST)
11 - 8 (108) T Owens (CIN-WR)
12 - 1 (111) J Forsett (SEA-RB)
13 - 8 (128) D Sproles (SD-RB)
14 - 1 (131) L Tynes (NYG-K)

Not quite as happy with this draft as the other but I think I'll still be in good shape.

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah there are some questions, but:

You're set at QB regardless, you could even maybe work a trade now that Flacco has Housh to throw to. It could help you fill a whole at WR, which seems to be your weakest position.

Good news for Forsett as he's named the starter in Seattle. Wells for some reason I'm staying away from, and actually I'm trying to get Hightower in the later rounds do to his catch amount and goal line carries.

I have my last money draft tomorrow (the other one is still going on by text, but only four rounds to go). And then my Game Changers draft is Wednesday then the next night, IT'S FOOTBALL!

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 12:44 AM
My draft by text $ league so far:

QB - Aaron Rodgers (1st rd)
QB - Mark Sanchez (13th rd)

RB - Jamaal Charles (3rd rd)
RB - Matt Forte (6th rd)
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw (7th rd)
RB - Darren McFadden (8th rd)
RB - Tim Hightower (9th rd)

WR - Miles Austin (2nd rd)
WR - Wes Welker (4th rd)
WR - Mike Williams (Tampa) (10th rd)
WR - Devin Hester (11th rd)
WR - Dexter McCluster (12th rd)

TE - Vernon Davis (5th rd)

K -

D - Da Bears (14th rd)

This league gets insane bonuses for long TD plays and in-game yardage tiers like 300 yards passing. Rodgers scored 2nd overall last year. Austin was in the top 15. Charles, Welker, Davis all in the top 50 last year.

CLW
09-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Had 2 Drafts so far.

Last night Law School Buddies (Standard ESPN Scoring):

4 - RB - Ray Rice
17 - RB - Rashard Mendenhall
24 - RB/Flex - Shonn Greene
37 - WR - Anquan Boldin
44 - WR - Percy Harvin
57 - RB - Jahvid Best
64 - WR - Donald Driver
77 - TE - Kellen Winslow
84 - QB - Jay Cutler
97 - WR - Dez Bryant
104 - RB - Fred Jackson
117 - D - 49ers
124 - QB - Carson Palmer
137 - WR - Devry Henderson
144 - WR - Devin Hester
157 - K - Robbie Gould

Team from Group of Partnes/Husbands/Significant Others from My Wife's Residencey Program (Standard Yahoo Scoring):

QB - Flacco; Palmer
WR - Desean Jackson; Percy Harvin; Michael Crabtree; T.J. Who'sYourMomma
RB - Steven Jackson; Deangelo Williams; Jahvid Best; Knowshon Moreno; Justin Forsett
TE - Shiancoe
K - Gould
D - 49ers

I have my Law Firm's Draft Tomorrow Night.

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I have a question for you guys:

What do you think would be a fair deal for Phillip Rivers?

My roster:

1. (3) Adrian Peterson (RB)
2. (22) Cedric Benson (RB)
3. (27) Matt Ryan (QB)
4. (46) DeSean Jackson (WR)
5. (51) Dwayne Bowe (WR)
6. (70) Santana Moss (WR)
7. (75) Tony Gonzalez (TE)
8. (94) Green Bay (D/ST)
9. (99) Jerome Harrison (RB)
10. (118) Lee Evans (WR)
11. (123) Reggie Bush (RB)
12. (142) Kyle Orton (QB)
13. (147) Steve Breaston (WR)
14. (166) Washington (D/ST)
15. (171) Graham Gano (K)

I'm going after Rivers because the dude also has Schaub so I figured he might be able to get rid of Rivers.

I offered Benson straight up but he declined. Thoughts on what I should offer without killing myself over it?

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 02:25 PM
How many points does your QB get for a TD pass? 4 or 6?

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 02:26 PM
How many points does your QB get for a TD pass? 4 or 6?

They have it set to 5.

With -2 for sacks and INTs.

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
They have it set to 5.

Yeah Rivers is going to have more value than Benson, regardless of where you drafted them. Rivers is not far off from that mega tier of Rodgers, Brady, Manning, & Schaub.

I'd say you're going to have to give up Ryan and someone else for Rivers and someone else....your someone else being better than his.

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Had 2 Drafts so far.

Last night Law School Buddies (Standard ESPN Scoring):

4 - RB - Ray Rice
17 - RB - Rashard Mendenhall
24 - RB/Flex - Shonn Greene
37 - WR - Anquan Boldin
44 - WR - Percy Harvin
57 - RB - Jahvid Best
64 - WR - Donald Driver
77 - TE - Kellen Winslow
84 - QB - Jay Cutler
97 - WR - Dez Bryant
104 - RB - Fred Jackson
117 - D - 49ers
124 - QB - Carson Palmer
137 - WR - Devry Henderson
144 - WR - Devin Hester
157 - K - Robbie Gould

Team from Group of Partnes/Husbands/Significant Others from My Wife's Residencey Program (Standard Yahoo Scoring):

QB - Flacco; Palmer
WR - Desean Jackson; Percy Harvin; Michael Crabtree; T.J. Who'sYourMomma
RB - Steven Jackson; Deangelo Williams; Jahvid Best; Knowshon Moreno; Justin Forsett
TE - Shiancoe
K - Gould
D - 49ers

I have my Law Firm's Draft Tomorrow Night.

I'm definitely high on Ray Rice this year. I have him rated 2nd only behind Chris Johnson for RB's this year. I have Mendenhall as a bust this year. I think maybe you shoulda went QB and WR after getting one RB. I've been going RB in the first or second round, then waiting for the 5th or 6th to take two or three in a row. This is mainly because the value has shifted to the QB, so I've fought hard in each of my drafts to get an elite QB this year.

This year's strategy for my first eight rounds has been:

QB/RB
RB/QB
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR
RB

One exception was my bonus league where I took Vernon Davis early because he almost topped 300 points last year. Which was good for top 30 overall.

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Matt Ryan
Lee Evans

for

Phillip Rivers
Golden Tate

is my current offer

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 02:40 PM
They have it set to 5.

Yeah Rivers is going to have more value than Benson, regardless of where you drafted them. Rivers is not far off from that mega tier of Rodgers, Brady, Manning, & Schaub.

I'd say you're going to have to give up Ryan and someone else for Rivers and someone else....your someone else being better than his.

Plus I'm not all that high on Ryan this year at QB. I drafted him as my started in multiple leagues and he finished 16th in points among all QB's for my bonus league, and 19th in the league I run which is more traditional, but 6 points for a QB TD pass.

JBHuskers
Matt Ryan
Lee Evans

for

Phillip Rivers
Golden Tate

is my current offer

Who does he have at TE?

morsdraconis
I'm definitely high on Ray Rice this year. I have him rated 2nd only behind Chris Johnson for RB's this year. I have Mendenhall as a bust this year. I think maybe you shoulda went QB and WR after getting one RB. I've been going RB in the first or second round, then waiting for the 5th or 6th to take two or three in a row. This is mainly because the value has shifted to the QB, so I've fought hard in each of my drafts to get an elite QB this year.

QB/RB
RB/QB
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR
RB

One exception was my bonus league where I took Vernon Davis early because he almost topped 300 points last year. Which was good for top 30 overall.

Yeah, I definitely think Mendenhall isn't going to have as good a year as people expect, especially since they have Dixon at QB for the first 4 games and you know it's going to take another 2-3 games for Roethlisberger to get anywhere close to his normal form. That means 8 in the box against the run most days.

That's an interesting strategy. I may have to make use of that for my last draft.

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Who does he have at TE?

Dustin Keller
Chris Cooley

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Dustin Keller
Chris Cooley

Something tells me he isn't going to go for the Evans deal.

But if he has no interest in Matt Ryan, I don't know if you'll be able to make a deal.

If he has interest, maybe try trading Gonzalez with Ryan. You'll get less of a TE, but in standard leagues, Rivers averaged 19.6 points per game, Matt Ryan 13.5, Gonzalez 12.0. Keller only averaged 6 PPG last year, but is an up and comer. Cooley is a sleeper as well, injuries slowed him down last year.

Keep me posted!

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Something tells me he isn't going to go for the Evans deal.

But if he has no interest in Matt Ryan, I don't know if you'll be able to make a deal.

If he has interest, maybe try trading Gonzalez with Ryan. You'll get less of a TE, but in standard leagues, Rivers averaged 19.6 points per game, Matt Ryan 13.5, Gonzalez 12.0. Keller only averaged 6 PPG last year, but is an up and comer. Cooley is a sleeper as well, injuries slowed him down last year.

Keep me posted!

I was originally going to go for Cooley (as I agree, Kyle Shannahan is going to make him the focal point along with Moss) but he's DESPERATE for a WR it looks like.

His lineup:

Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
Steve Smith (NYG - WR)
Pierre Garcon (Ind - WR)
Mike Williams (TB - WR)
Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)
Felix Jones (Dal - RB)
Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
Golden Tate (Sea - WR)
Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
Rob Bironas (Ten - K)
Miami (Mia - Def)

But he's also pretty desperate for another HB so that's why I went with Benson at first.

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah at WR, he's hoping Smith isn't a one-hit wonder, and he's going to start two sleepers in Garcon (which I'm so-so on), and Mike Williams (which I'm pretty high on).

morsdraconis
09-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Still nothing from the dude in my first league, but my third league just drafted and I had a pretty god damn good draft in my opinion:

1. (8) Drew Brees (NO - QB)
2. (13) Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB)
3. (28) Ryan Grant (GB - RB)
4. (33) Marques Colston (NO - WR)
5. (48) Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
6. (53) Wes Welker (NE - WR)
7. (68) Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)
8. (73) T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bal - WR)
9. (88) Santana Moss (Was - WR)
10. (93) Carson Palmer (Cin - QB)
11. (108) Lee Evans (Buf - WR)
12. (113) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
13. (128) Tim Hightower (Ari - RB)
14. (133) Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
15. (148) Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)

My only real decision is who to drop to pick up a kicker. I'm thinking Manningham, but I have a REAL good feeling about him.

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
The $ league I've ran for now the tenth year is done (just took me some time to edit the schedule to where you play everyone in division twice).

1 Chris Johnson, Ten RB
24 Matt Schaub, Hou QB
25 Greg Jennings, GB WR
48 Matt Forte, Chi RB
49 Mike Sims-Walker, Jac WR
72 Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE
73 Felix Jones, Dal RB
96 Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST
97 Mike Williams, TB WR
120 Tim Hightower, Ari RB
121 T.J. Houshmandzadeh, FA WR
144 Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB
145 Dexter McCluster, KC WR
168 Tony Scheffler, Det TE
169 Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
192 Josh Cribbs, Cle WR

After eight years of making the playoffs, I've missed it the last two. I had the 2nd to worst record, and the worst record dropped out of the league, so I got the nice #1 pick, then waited for an eternity.

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 11:22 PM
After my three money league drafts, here are the duplicates and average rounds of draft picks I've made.

Wes Welker (many are worried about his knee, but he's already back on the field)
Average Round - 4.5 (drafted twice)

Matt Forte (many are sleeping on this guy after being a HUGE bust last year)
Average Round - 5 (drafted twice)

Darren McFadden (was looking like a sleeper with Bush hurt, but Bush is back, so it's more of a gamble)
Average Round - 8.5 (drafted twice)

Mike Williams (out of Tampa, this dude looks like the real deal if he can keep in check)
Average Round - 9.5 (drafted twice)

Tim Hightower (caught 60+ balls last year and is the goal line back for Arizona, probably won't out carry Wells, but may outscore him this season in fantasy points)
Average Round - 9.5 (drafted twice)

Devin Hester (in every draft, free and $, People are not high on him, but Martz could turn him into a Wes Welker with the skills he has gained at WR, definitely worth a shot in the dark)
Average Round - 10.5 (drafted twice)

Dexter McCluster (dude is fast, and with an injury, he's going to start in the slot, plus get some carries at RB, and for the first time I've seen, he's eligible at BOTH RB and WR)
Average Round - 12.5 (drafted twice)

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Still nothing from the dude in my first league, but my third league just drafted and I had a pretty god damn good draft in my opinion:

1. (8) Drew Brees (NO - QB)
2. (13) Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB)
3. (28) Ryan Grant (GB - RB)
4. (33) Marques Colston (NO - WR)
5. (48) Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
6. (53) Wes Welker (NE - WR)
7. (68) Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)
8. (73) T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bal - WR)
9. (88) Santana Moss (Was - WR)
10. (93) Carson Palmer (Cin - QB)
11. (108) Lee Evans (Buf - WR)
12. (113) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
13. (128) Tim Hightower (Ari - RB)
14. (133) Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
15. (148) Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)

My only real decision is who to drop to pick up a kicker. I'm thinking Manningham, but I have a REAL good feeling about him.

Yeah if you start two or three WR's you could afford to drop Manningham. Unless Nicks or Smith gets hurt, I think he's only going to be a 40 catch guy this year.

Housh was buried in the ESPN ratings so I think I hit a great value pick in the 11th round of the only league I have him in.

I'm very high on Hightower, so he's definitely a good handcuff to Wells.

If Lee Evans isn't getting it done after two or three weeks, I would get rid of him. He's supposed to have broken out for the past four years now I think. :D

morsdraconis
09-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah if you start two or three WR's you could afford to drop Manningham. Unless Nicks or Smith gets hurt, I think he's only going to be a 40 catch guy this year.

Housh was buried in the ESPN ratings so I think I hit a great value pick in the 11th round of the only league I have him in.

I'm very high on Hightower, so he's definitely a good handcuff to Wells.

If Lee Evans isn't getting it done after two or three weeks, I would get rid of him. He's supposed to have broken out for the past four years now I think. :D

Yeah, I am dropping Manningham for a kicker. Should have taken my kicking sleeper in Gano for Washington cause I was going to drop whoever for him in free agency, but someone fuckin' took him with the last god damn pick in my draft. So pissed...

Lee Evans was pretty much a too good to let drop anymore pick. His main problem has been inconsistency at the QB position. With Trent Edwards at QB, HOPEFULLY, he'll actually have some consistency there for once and they'll be able to work something. Chan Gailey is a heck of an offensive mastermind so hopefully he can get them to produce something, otherwise, I'll be dumping him in a couple of my leagues.

Whosyourmama was a logical pick in the 8th. Definitely worth more than that I think and you getting him in the 11th is amazing.

A bit worried about the Greene pick... It's pretty much all hype at the moment. I could get royally screwed by that one but I do have the Wells/Hightower combination and I do agree that Hightower is probably the better pick than Wells (amazing how high he's ranked by some people) but we'll see. I suspect Zona will actually run the ball a bit more with such a terrible QB at the helm now (part of the reason why I've shied away from taking Fitzgerald as high as he'd normally go).

I've tried my best to matchup byes really well this year (taking someone like Evans over Golden Tate because Tate has the same bye as one of my other receivers) but I don't know how well that'll actually work out.

morsdraconis
09-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Looks like Hightower is going to start for Arizona this weekend instead of Wells. Looks like the knee for Wells isn't as solid yet as had hoped.

CLW
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM

QB/RB
RB/QB
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR
RB

Yeah I've NEVER been big on QBs. I rarely take them earlier than the 5th round. I've seen "studies" showing the diff between the #8 QB and the #1 QB is something like 1-3 points per game. The diff between the #8-10 RB and the #15 RB is like 5 ppg.

morsdraconis
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah I've NEVER been big on QBs. I rarely take them earlier than the 5th round. I've seen "studies" showing the diff between the #8 QB and the #1 QB is something like 1-3 points per game. The diff between the #8-10 RB and the #15 RB is like 5 ppg.

While yes, that's definitely true for the regular points settings, if it's higher points settings for TDs (5 or 6 instead of 4), it's a bigger difference for the higher up guys than normal.

JBHuskers
09-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah it's much different now with so many teams running RBBC. I'd take one of the elite QB's now in the first or second round starting with last year, then load up with RB's later, as you're bound to have some gold in one of them that you pick.

morsdraconis
09-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah it's much different now with so many teams running RBBC. I'd take one of the elite QB's now in the first or second round starting with last year, then load up with RB's later, as you're bound to have some gold in one of them that you pick.

Truthfully, with RBBC even more prevalent than before, it's hard to actually not take one of the RBs that actually produces with the fewer carries cause it's such a small number of them.

But most definitely QBs are worth more now than ever, especially when you have 5-7 of them throwing 27+ TDs a year. That's money in the bank.

JBHuskers
09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Truthfully, with RBBC even more prevalent than before, it's hard to actually not take one of the RBs that actually produces with the fewer carries cause it's such a small number of them.

But most definitely QBs are worth more now than ever, especially when you have 5-7 of them throwing 27+ TDs a year. That's money in the bank.

People are still in the mindset that you always take RB RB, so they get snatched up really quick. And on top of that lately QB's have out scored RB's in most leagues, when I got back and look at last year's results.

morsdraconis
09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Peyton Manning - 426.2
Drew Brees - 416.05
Chris Johnson - 398.63
Matt Schaub - 388
Tom Brady - 375.82
Aaron Rodgers - 367.46
Brett Favre - 363.65
Philip Rivers - 338.16
Tony Romo - 327.52
Maurice Jones-Drew - 302.52
Ben Roethlisberger - 298.32
Adrian Peterson - 295.88
Ray Rice - 276.2
Eli Manning - 269.84
Frank Gore - 263.08
Thomas Jones - 258.06
Kyle Orton - 251.68
Jay Cutler - 249.44
Donovon McNabb - 243.19
Andre Johnson - 237.09
Ricky Williams - 234.7
Jason Campbell - 231.82

That list definitely confirms what you mean. 8 QBs at the top 10 and 14 of the top 21. Pretty interesting.

JBHuskers
09-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Yep in a couple of leagues I'm in Rodgers was either #1 or #2 interchanged with Chris Johnson.

CLW
09-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Final Draft Last Night:

QB - Palmer; Rothlesburger
RB - MJD; Deangelo Williams; Best; Spiller
WR - Colston; Harvin; Boldin; Crabtree
TE - Olson
K - Gould
D - 49ers

morsdraconis
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Fucker didn't go for my trade... Not sure what to offer him now...

JBHuskers
09-10-2010, 12:25 PM
My Game Changers Fantasy Focus Blog is now live! Fantasy Draft Recap & Week 1 Madden NFL 11 Fantasy Sim --- http://tinyurl.com/36vz3mr

CLW
09-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Game Day Calls Bold = my current selection:

League #1 Flex - CJ Spiller or Jahvid Best or Anquan Boldin or Michael Crabtree

League #2 Flex - Jahvid Best or Justin Forsett or Knowshon Moreno or Michael Crabtree

League #2 QB - Palmer or Flacco

League #3 Flex - Jahvid Best or Shonn Greene

League #3 WR - Boldin or Driver

JeffHCross
09-12-2010, 04:04 PM
My Game Changers Fantasy Focus Blog is now live! Fantasy Draft Recap & Week 1 Madden NFL 11 Fantasy Sim --- http://tinyurl.com/36vz3mrNice shoutout to JStein.

JBHuskers
09-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Nice shoutout to JStein.

Yep....he's a big Tampa fan and tipped me off to taking Mike Williams in a couple of leagues. He got a TD too!

JBHuskers
09-17-2010, 10:06 AM
My blog and first episode of Game Changers Fantasy Focus TV is now live on the Madden site!

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=week1recap

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/MaddenImageMay/10.8.184.66-image328.jpg
Payton Manning needed a LOT of Gatorade after chucking 57 passes in playing catch-up against the Texans in week one.

The first week of the NFL season has come and gone, and just like in real life, there will be a lot of people who will freak out in either a good or bad way based on their opening performance in the 2010 fantasy season? How did your team stack-up? E-mail us at GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com and let us know. Take a look at the video below for the first episode of Game Changers Fantasy Focus TV. Within this episode, we will take a look at the top five performers of week one, and I will suggest to you five players that could be on the waiver wire as you get ready for week two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anm4b3T_o2E

Notable Additions to Waiver Wire Pickups:

RB Brandon Jackson - Green Bay
News broke in the middle of this week that RB Ryan Grant would be done for the season. This paves the way for Jackson to step into an offense that is very high powered. There could be times where the defense is expecting Aaron Rodgers to air it out, and this could allow Jackson to sneak in a big run or two.

TE Jermaine Gresham - Cincinnati
This is a TE that I drafted as a backup in the very late rounds of a couple of drafts. Gresham is a very talented rookie who will make for a great safety valve for Carson Palmer when Ochocino and Owens are covered. In points per reception leagues, he'll be a nice grab right away as he had six catches in week one. Keep an eye on how Palmer spreads out the ball this week, it will be highly unlikely that he'll get to air it out 50 times, let alone have the success he did against the Patriots when he faces the Ravens in week two.

Week 2 Madden NFL 11 Simulation (NFL.com position fantasy projection ranking in parentheses)

Passing

The Good
Matt Hasselbeck - 28 for 38 427 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's (NFL.com rank - 18)
Sam Bradford 16 for 29 229 yards 3 TD's 0 INT's (NFL.com rank - 27)
Donovan McNabb 16 of 27 278 yards 3 TD's 0 INT's (NFL.com rank - 16)

The Ugly
Matt Moore - 10 for 24 138 yards 1 TD 1 INT (NFL.com rank - 28)
Jason Campbell 10 for 23 119 yards 0 TD 1 INT (NFL.com rank - 20)
Vince Young - 15 for 21 117 yards 1 TD 0 INT (NFL.com rank - 19)

Rushing

The Good
Adrian Peterson - 28 carries 243 yards 3 TD's (NFL.com rank - 1)
Ronnie Brown - 14 carries 192 yards 2 TD's (NFL.com rank - 24)
Shonn Greene - 18 carries 180 yards 2 TD's (NFL.com rank - 23)

The Ugly
Chris Johnson - 11 carries 30 yards 0 TD's (NFL.com rank - 2)
Ahmad Bradshaw - 11 carries 30 yards 0 TD's (NFL.com rank - 13)
Cedric Benson - 10 carries 25 yards 0 TD's (NFL.com rank - 14)

Receiving

The Good
Greg Jennings - 7 catches 137 yards 1 TD (NFL.com rank - 5)
Visanthe Shiancoe - 7 catches 153 yards 1 TD (NFL.com rank - 7 among TE's)
Andre Johnson - 9 catches 141 yards 0 TD's (NFL.com rank - 1)

The Ugly
Reggie Wayne - 3 catches 38 yards 0 TD's (NFL.com rank - 4)
Dwayne Bowe - 6 catches 35 yards 0 TD's (NFL.com rank - 23)
Randy Moss - 3 catches 30 yards 0 TD's (NFL.com rank - 12)

Defense (NFL.com ranks the top 24 - NR = Not Ranked)

The Good
Jaguars - 7 points given up vs. Chargers (NFL.com rank - NR)
Falcons - 10 points given up vs. Cardinals (NFL.com rank - 12)
Steelers - 12 points given up vs. Titans (NFL.com rank - 5)

The Ugly
Dolphins - 38 points given up vs. Vikings (NFL.com rank - 19)
Giants - 34 points given up vs. Colts (NFL.com rank - 18)
Bills - 31 points given up vs. Packers (NFL.com rank - NR)

EA SPORTS Game Changers Fantasy Focus League

Beginning next week, I will provide you news on this league. We will breakdown who's hot, who's not, who made great free agent moves, and who left a stud fantasy scorer on the bench. We will also compare the fantasy football rookies with the veterans to see if there is some beginner's luck starting to brew.

Two Minute Warning

This will conclude this week's EA SPORTS Game Changers Fantasy Focus blog. Thanks a million for reading, and make sure to send an e-mail to GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com for any fantasy questions you may have. Then make sure to tune in next week to Game Chagners Fantasy Focus TV within the blog to see if we are able to answer your questions. Make sure to leave either your first name or gamertag, along with your city and state! We will leave you with one question in particular that was sent in:

GMan96JC asks: "Is Louis Murphy (Oakland Raiders) a good sleeper to keep on my team? Thanks a lot."
JBHuskers: He wasn't too much of a factor in 2009, and Jason Campbell didn't look too comfortable in his game against the Titans. Now the Titans are known for having a good defense from time to time, so definitely keep an eye on him this week against St. Louis. If he goes off, then he could be worth keeping, but if he struggles like he did in week one (4 catches for 26 yards), then if you have him, drop him. If you don't, leave him out there. Thanks for e-mailing GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com!

Good luck to everybody this week!

morsdraconis
09-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Good stuff man.

Jayvid Best probably isn't available on most people's waiver wire. I know he was ranked ridiculously high on Yahoo's default draft board (for some reason) and all of my leagues he got taken.

JBHuskers
09-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Good stuff man.

Jayvid Best probably isn't available on most people's waiver wire. I know he was ranked ridiculously high on Yahoo's default draft board (for some reason) and all of my leagues he got taken.

Thanks.

Yeah in larger leagues he probably won't be there. You never know though.

Chase
09-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Any thoughts on if Kenny Britt is worth keeping? He showed some promise late in the game this week, but thats pretty much it. I'm thinking about just keeping him on the bench for at least another week since the best the waivers have to offer right now are Nate Washington, Hester, and Manningham

Also hope Meachem shows me something tomorrow night.

JBHuskers
09-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Any thoughts on if Kenny Britt is worth keeping? He showed some promise late in the game this week, but thats pretty much it. I'm thinking about just keeping him on the bench for at least another week since the best the waivers have to offer right now are Nate Washington, Hester, and Manningham

Also hope Meachem shows me something tomorrow night.

With the QB situation in Tennesse being as shaky as it is right now, I'm not 100% sure on Britt. He's a great talent, but right now I don't see the rapport between him and Young, who will continue to start. It's hard telling how Young will respond to the benching. But again they were playing the Steelers so I'd give it another week or two, and then maybe look for a guy like Thomas out of Denver (especially if he has a huge game like he did this week).

Chase
09-21-2010, 01:57 AM
off to a 2-0 start in my league but I got 3 of the most underachieving WRs on my roster.. Britt, Meachem, and Crabtree.

I've decided on keeping Britt for at least another week. Will more than likely be dropping Meachem though, its starting to look like Henderson is settling into the #2 spot for NO. Crabtree was one of my favorite draft acquisitions this year, I hope he gets started soon.

JBHuskers
09-24-2010, 10:57 AM
This week's Game Changers Fantasy Focus TV & Blog are now up! Check it out http://tinyurl.com/fantasyfocus3

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/Week2Recap/1.jpg
Somebody (*cough* me *cough*) may have dropped Mark Sanchez after week one. Take a look and see if he's in the free agent pool.

Week 2 is now in the books, so have you started 2-0? Split the first two games? Or have started with a bagel? Either way, there are still a lot of weeks left in the season, so it's definitely not time to panic. Check out this week's edition of EA SPORTS Game Changers Fantasy Focus TV for the top five performances of week 2, and five waiver wire pickups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkZLbVnjTSI

Week 3 Madden NFL 11 Simulation (NFL.com Week 3 position fantasy projection ranking in parentheses)

Passing

The Good

Derek Anderson - ARI - 22 of 35 261 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 23)

Kyle Orton - DEN - 20 of 34 372 yds. 3 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 15)

Eli Manning - NYG - 29 of 43 329 yds. 3 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 16)

The Ugly

Mark Sanchez - NYJ - 14 of 29 126 yds. 1 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 21)

Sam Bradford - STL - 12 of 28 103 yds. 1 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 26)

Shaun Hill - DET - 8 of 18 56 yds 0 TD 2 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 24)

Rushing

The Good

Steven Jackson - STL - 18 car. 192 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 15)

Maurice Jones-Drew - JAX - 18 car. 158 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 6)

Chris Johnson - TEN - 12 car. 161 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 2)

The Ugly

Matt Forte - CHI - 13 car. 34 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 17)

Marion Barber - DAL - 11 car. 15 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 27)

Tim Hightower - ARI - 15 car. 17 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 21)

Receiving

The Good

Malcom Floyd - SD - 11 rec. 122 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 21)

Brandon Marshall - MIA - 4 rec. 97 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 9)

Mike Sims-Walker - JAX - 12 rec. 103 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 20)

The Ugly

Donald Driver - GB - 3 rec. 23 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 22)

Kellen Winslow - TB - 2 rec. 20 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 13 among TE's)

Calvin Johnson - DET - 1 rec. 11 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 8)

Defense (NFL.com ranks the top 24 - NR = Not Ranked)

The Good

Bengals - 3 points allowed vs. Panthers (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 6)

Dolphins - 7 points allowed vs. Jets (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 19)

Panthers - 9 points allowed vs. Bengals (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - NR)

The Ugly

Raiders - 38 points allowed vs. Cardinals (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 16)

Colts - 38 points allowed vs. Broncos (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 15)

Rams - 34 points allowed vs. Redskins (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - NR)

EA SPORTS Game Changers Fantasy Focus League

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/Week2Recap/2.jpg

In taking a look at the standings after two weeks, the veterans have a record of 7-7; while the rookies have a record of 5-5. It's still very early to tell; however, there are some vets who are 2-0 and others who are 0-2, and vice versa for the rookies. Through two weeks the Midway Monsters (JBHuskers) leads the league in points with 238, but in a close 2nd is rookie Manitoba Moose (KidShowtime) with 221. The big matchup of the week will be between the Midway Monsters and Team 4 (PlaystationUni); which make up two of the four unbeaten in this league.

Two Minute Warning

This will conclude this week's EA SPORTS Game Changers Fantasy Focus blog. Thanks a million for reading, and make sure to send an e-mail to GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com or visit the official thread on EASPORTS.com for any fantasy questions you may have. We will possibly answer your question in next week's blog! Make sure to leave either your first name or gamertag, along with your city and state! We will leave you with one question in particular that was sent in:

Saintsushi asks: "Malcom Floyd or Austin Collie"

JBHuskers: Even though Denver has the better defense between them and Seattle (who San Diego plays), I would go with Austin Collie here mainly because Peyton Manning has been on fire, and Collie has seen more targets (14 catches) compared to Malcom Floyd (who only has six catches on the year). Garcon has been struggling, which will help Collie out even more, plus both teams are on the road, but I think Manning will have a better game than Rivers. Thanks for posting your question on the forums!

morsdraconis
09-24-2010, 12:17 PM
I've got one for ya JB:

Which 2 should I start out of these RBs?

Clinton Portis (vs Rams)
Jahvid Best (vs Vikings)
Pierre Thomas (vs Falcons)
Brandon Jackson (GB) (vs Bears)

Right now, my feeling is to go with the hot hand (Best) and the best matchup (Portis). Thomas is projected to have a good game against the Falcons, but I just don't know (he'll probably see more of a time share with another back since Bush is out now and the Saints haven't exactly been blowing me away with running the ball much this season).

JBHuskers
09-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Stay away from Brandon Jackson as the Bears have the top rushing defense through two weeks, and the Vikings are 10th.

The Rams have the 3rd worst run defense, and the Falcons have the 26th best run defense....so I would go with Thomas and Portis.

Not sure if Best is going to be able to reproduce what he did in week two, especially since the Vikings are only giving up 14 points per game, 200 through the air and 99 on the ground. Best's performance looks awesome last week, but the Eagles are giving up 30 points per game. I think he comes back to earth this week, but he could have two TD's like he did against the Bears, it just might come on 15 carries and 25 yards.

morsdraconis
09-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks JB. I did realize that Minnesota had a great defense, but then I also took into account that the Lions are primarily a passing offense so I thought that would prevent them from loading up on the box.

I didn't know that Atlanta was so poor at run defense, so that's definitely a plus (though it VERY hard to take 2 weeks worth of information as gospel in the NFL).

JBHuskers
09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks JB. I did realize that Minnesota had a great defense, but then I also took into account that the Lions are primarily a passing offense so I thought that would prevent them from loading up on the box.

I didn't know that Atlanta was so poor at run defense, so that's definitely a plus (though it VERY hard to take 2 weeks worth of information as gospel in the NFL).

If you wanna ask a question to be put in the blog next week, go ahead and either post it here or e-mail GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2010, 05:04 PM
I'll be honest, I gotta disagree with the Colts defense being in the ugly. I'm most likely the biggest Denver Broncos fan on here, but even I know that it has a chance to turn ugly tomorrow, in favor of Indy. Denver has never played good vs. Indy, as well we are still trying to get things sorted out, especially with some of the holes on defense. Yeah, last week was a great win against Seattle, but Seattle ain't exactly a Super Bowl caliber team. I just personally can't see the Broncos hanging 38 points on the Colts.

JBHuskers
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I'll be honest, I gotta disagree with the Colts defense being in the ugly. I'm most likely the biggest Denver Broncos fan on here, but even I know that it has a chance to turn ugly tomorrow, in favor of Indy. Denver has never played good vs. Indy, as well we are still trying to get things sorted out, especially with some of the holes on defense. Yeah, last week was a great win against Seattle, but Seattle ain't exactly a Super Bowl caliber team. I just personally can't see the Broncos hanging 38 points on the Colts.

Those are just Madden sims though. Not my personal thoughts.

JBHuskers
09-26-2010, 04:07 PM

Well at least I was right on Best not having a good game :D

morsdraconis
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Well at least I was right on Best not having a good game :D

It's no biggie man. That league is the league I got TOTALLY screwed by the fuckin' auto draft cause I wasn't able to make the draft. The league I actually care about (and drafted in) I just ANNIHILATED my opponent with AP, Cedric Benson, DeSean Jackson, Santana Moss, and Tony Gonzalez.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Those are just Madden sims though. Not my personal thoughts.

I know that, I'm just disagreeing with the sim. :)

JBHuskers
09-27-2010, 08:20 AM
It's no biggie man. That league is the league I got TOTALLY screwed by the fuckin' auto draft cause I wasn't able to make the draft. The league I actually care about (and drafted in) I just ANNIHILATED my opponent with AP, Cedric Benson, DeSean Jackson, Santana Moss, and Tony Gonzalez.

Yeah I don't think any of your four backs in that other league really did much.

I know that, I'm just disagreeing with the sim. :)

LOL yeah there have been some funny stats that have come up. But I update the lastest roster and sim from scratch on the franchise....so at least it is with the most updated rosters.

skipwondah33
09-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Collie had a rather big day for me yesterday.

I got a few chuckles when I drafted him though

gschwendt
09-28-2010, 12:33 AM
So I'm trying to decide when/if I want to pick up Santonio Holmes. After watching Hard Knocks, it's clear that Rex thinks Holmes will be their elite receiver... at the same the time though, I have a decent receiving crew. Here's my current receivers...

Malcolm Floyd
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Terrell Owens
Michael Crabtree

I don't know who I would drop out of that group... Crabtree has had the worst performance out of the group, however the 49ers seem to be confident that a new OC will get their passing game going better.

This is a flex PPR league (2WR, 2HB, 1Flex) so I could also drop a HB but I'm not as solid at that so dropping a HB for another WR may not be the best idea. Here's my HBs

Michael Turner
Clinton Portis
Shonn Greene
Cadillac Williams
Brandon Jackson

It seems as though Brandon Jackson won't pick up the slack in Green Bay... though they face Detroit this week which would be his proving game. Shonn Greene has lost his starting job to LT.

Obviously I need to probably pick up Holmes this week if I'm going to do it since he'll become available in Week 5 so I can't really wait to see how well Jackson and Crabtree perform if I do want to actually pick up Holmes.

Any thoughts?

morsdraconis
09-28-2010, 12:46 AM
I would definitely drop either Clinton Portis or Shonn Greene for him. Greene is dead in the water and the Redskins are TOTALLY fucked at running the ball (zone blocking just does not work with this offensive line) so Portis is a bust as well (I have him too and I'm going to get rid of him as well).

The most upside between the two would probably be Greene, but it seems like they have no trust in him at all to carry the ball without fumbling it.

JBHuskers
09-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I'd get rid of Williams. Greene will eventually get back on track, possibly this week against the Bills. Williams is stuck in a RBBC of three or four RB's in Tampa with LeGarrette Blount doing well in limited duty. Plus there is Graham in the fold. To me, Williams is the most expendable.

morsdraconis
09-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd get rid of Williams. Greene will eventually get back on track, possibly this week against the Bills. Williams is stuck in a RBBC of three or four RB's in Tampa with LeGarrette Blount doing well in limited duty. Plus there is Graham in the fold. To me, Williams is the most expendable.

Oh, that's true too. Forgot about Williams. He's been awful all season anyway and it looks like Blount is going to start getting more carries, hurting Williams that much more.

skipwondah33
09-28-2010, 01:18 PM
So I'm trying to decide when/if I want to pick up Santonio Holmes. After watching Hard Knocks, it's clear that Rex thinks Holmes will be their elite receiver... at the same the time though, I have a decent receiving crew. Here's my current receivers...

Malcolm Floyd
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Terrell Owens
Michael Crabtree

I don't know who I would drop out of that group... Crabtree has had the worst performance out of the group, however the 49ers seem to be confident that a new OC will get their passing game going better.

Any thoughts?

Well TO isn't really doing much, I have in my league and he has yet to post over 10 points for me (I know point systems are different per league)

gschwendt
09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I think I've just decided to drop Crabtree... he hasn't performed (12 total points on the season) and I imagine Holmes will only be an upgrade. Even if the 49ers get hot, I can't imagine they would get hot enough for Crabtree to be a constant threat to break my starting lineup.

Williams and Portis have actually performed decently thus far... nothing great but averaging nearly 9 points per week (mostly due to PPR scoring). That obviously may change though and if Blount performs well, I'll pick him up.

skipwondah33
09-28-2010, 01:25 PM
True

Chase
09-29-2010, 04:01 PM
I think I've just decided to drop Crabtree... he hasn't performed (12 total points on the season) and I imagine Holmes will only be an upgrade. Even if the 49ers get hot, I can't imagine they would get hot enough for Crabtree to be a constant threat to break my starting lineup.

Eh, I haven't completely given up on Crabtree yet. Probably because outside of Desean, my other WRs have been equally disappointing (Meachem and Britt).

Just conditionally dropped both of them for Brandon Lloyd and Hester. I have been wary of picking up any Broncos WR just because of how spread out their numbers are week to week, but I think Lloyd will be a constant. Probably wont have a week like we just saw though.

JBHuskers
09-29-2010, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't give up on Crabtree either. Britt on the other hand is 3rd on VY's preferences it's clear. Meachem is in a blind draw of WR's in New Orleans similiar to what's in Denver.

morsdraconis
09-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Ok, next question for ya JB (or anyone else):

Need three WRs out of this bunch:

Santana Moss - Was @ Phi
DeSean Jackson - Phi vs Was
Lance Moore - NO vs Car
Marques Colston - NO vs Car
Louis Murphy - Oak vs Hou
Mark Clayton - StL vs Sea
Legedu Naanee - SD vs Ari

Pretty much know for sure I'm going with DeSean Jackson vs Washington's shitty secondary and probably Louis Murphy against the absolutely terrible Houston secondary but I'm not sure who to go with for the 3rd WR or if Murphy is my best play for the 2nd WR.

JBHuskers
09-30-2010, 01:57 AM
I'll get back at ya in the morning bro!

morsdraconis
09-30-2010, 08:02 AM
I'll get back at ya in the morning bro!

Cool man, no hurry.

JBHuskers
09-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Ok, next question for ya JB (or anyone else):

Need three WRs out of this bunch:

Santana Moss - Was @ Phi
Lance Moore - NO vs Car
Legedu Naanee - SD vs Ari

Pretty much know for sure I'm going with DeSean Jackson vs Washington's shitty secondary and probably Louis Murphy against the absolutely terrible Houston secondary but I'm not sure who to go with for the 3rd WR or if Murphy is my best play for the 2nd WR.

I'd say Murphy, Jackson, and Moss. Murphy over Colston or Moore because Houston has the worst pass defense in the league.

morsdraconis
09-30-2010, 08:38 AM
I'd say Murphy, Jackson, and Moss. Murphy over Colston or Moore because Houston has the worst pass defense in the league.

That's basically what I figured considering Moss has been catching a bunch of balls, but being a Skins fan and watching that debacle, I wanted an outside perspective as well. ;)

Thanks again man.

JBHuskers
10-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Game Changers Fantasy Focus
Week 3 Recap & Look Ahead to Week 4

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/MaddenImageMay/10.8.184.66-image151.jpg
Madden NFL 11 week 4 projections predict Vince Young to have a big game this week

We are now through week three in the NFL season, and now it's time to see if you drafted well for your bench as bye weeks start in week four. After three weeks, we have three surprise teams at 3-0 (Bears, Chiefs, and Steelers), and we also have surprise players in the top ten overall for fantasy scoring with players such as Austin Collie, Michael Vick, Jahvid Best, and Arian Foster. For those who drafted these guys, I'm sure you have received quite the boost in the win-loss record. Let's take a look at this week's edition of Game Changers Fantasy Focus TV below for the top five performances of week three, and five waiver wire pick-ups for the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZuD5Msaj6w

Week 4 Madden NFL 11 Simulation (NFL.com Week 4 position fantasy projection ranking in parentheses)

Passing

The Good
Peyton Manning – IND 28 of 39 364 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 3)
Matt Ryan – ATL – 21 of 34 266 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 8)
Vince Young – TEN – 21 of 38 389 yds. 3 TD 3 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 17)

The Ugly
Jay Cutler – CHI – 16 of 26 134 yds. 1 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 9)
David Garrard – JAX – 9 of 20 85 yds. 1 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 22)
Alex Smith – SF – 11 of 24 112 yds. 1 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 21))

Rushing

The Good
Maurice Jones-Drew – JAX – 21 att. 151 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 5)
DeAngelo Williams – CAR – 13 att. 100 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 13)
Pierre Thomas – NO – 8 att. 92 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 6)

The Ugly
Joseph Addai – IND – 19 att. 33 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 18)
Jahvid Best – DET – 20 att. 38 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 20)
Brandon Jackson – GB – 15 att. 34 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 24)

Receiving

The Good
Chad Ochocinco – 5 rec. 91 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 15)
Reggie Wayne – IND 8 rec. 122 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 4)
Steve Smith – CAR – 5 rec. 102 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 28)

The Ugly
Terrell Owens – CIN – 1 rec. 22 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 26)
Donald Driver – GB – 1 rec. 9 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 13)
Lance Moore – NO – 3 rec. 5 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 36)

Defense (NFL.com ranks the top 24 – NR = Not Ranked)

The Good
Chargers – 3 points allowed vs. Cardinals (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 7)
Falcons – 9 points allowed vs. 49ers (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 12)
Dolphins – 9 points allowed vs. Patriots (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 17)

The Ugly
Titans – 37 points allowed vs. Broncos (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 10)
Patriots – 33 points allowed vs. Dolphins (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - 18)
Panthers – 33 points allowed vs. Saints (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking - NR)

EA Sports Game Changers Fantasy Focus League

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/FantasyFootballStandings.png

As you can see, there is one unbeaten team left (ahem). In the battle of the week between Team 4 (PlaystationUni), it was an ugly score, as over half the league would have beaten either one of us, but in the end, I was able to come up on top thanks to Peyton Manning and the Steeler defense. The top scoring team in week three was from fantasy football rookie Madden Average Team (Paakaa10). He improves to 2-1 thanks to help from a combo of Tom Brady, Anquan Boldin, and Darren McFadden. Looking ahead to week four, we have the top four teams of the East matching up with Midway Monsters (JBHuskers, 3-0) vs. Wisconsin's Finest (DaMole, 2-1) and Team 4 (PlaystationUni, 2-1) vs. Madden Average Team (Paakaa10, 2-1). This week will definitely help shape up the race in the east. In the West Division, there is one 2-1 matchup between Shop Operatives (ShopMaster) and Manitoba Moose (KidShowtime).

Two Minute Warning

This will conclude this week’s Game Changers Fantasy Focus blog. Thanks a million for reading, and make sure to send an e-mail to GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com or visit the official thread on EASports.com for any fantasy questions you may have. We will possibly answer your question in next week's blog! Make sure to leave either your first name or gamertag, along with your city and state! We will leave you with one question in particular that was sent in:

Morsdraconis asks:

"Need three WRs out of this bunch:

Santana Moss - Was @ Phi
Lance Moore - NO vs Car
Legedu Naanee - SD vs Ari"

JBHuskers: I'd say Murphy, Jackson, and Moss. Murphy over Colston or Moore because Houston has the worst pass defense in the league.

cdj
10-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Finally got my first win of the year (70-63) and even did it a player (K) short. I thought I had submitted an updated roster with the kicker I just signed, but apparently it didn't go through. Lucked out on this one.

gschwendt
10-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I had the highest score of the week in both of my leagues...

One in a PPR with T.O. scoring 53 and Antonio Gates scoring 33. The other I had Peyton Manning, L.T., and T.O. each scoring 27 (T.O. had 28). The second one was my first win of the season.

Peyton Hillis also was a good pickup for me, in both leagues scoring 21 in the PPR and 16 in the other.

skipwondah33
10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I had the highest score of the week in both of my leagues...

One in a PPR with T.O. scoring 53 and Antonio Gates scoring 33. The other I had Peyton Manning, L.T., and T.O. each scoring 27 (T.O. had 28). The second one was my first win of the season.

Peyton Hillis also was a good pickup for me, in both leagues scoring 21 in the PPR and 16 in the other.

I had the highest in my league also.

Rivers - 35
TO - 43
Collie - 15
Deangelo Williams - 17
Gates - 33
Zach Miller - 29
Tolbert - 18
Nate Kaeding - 13
Pittsburgh D - 6

JBHuskers
10-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Game Changers Fantasy Focus Week 4 Recap & Look Ahead to Week 5

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/MaddenWeek4/AriVSSd.jpg
Did you know that Philip Rivers is the 2nd best fantasy QB behind Peyton Manning so far in 2010?

We are now staring at week five in the face, and the strategizing continues. The bye weeks are in for a second week, and now the injuries are starting to pile up. This is where the true fantasy football champion will persevere by drafting the right backups, making the right pickups, and even get a little lucky in avoiding the injury bug. With various things going on over the next two weeks, there will not be any episodes of Game Changers Fantasy Focus TV until just before week seven; however, we will go ahead and put exactly what is on Game Changers Fantasy Focus TV within this blog. In addition, I will add three players who's stocks are rising and falling over the course of the NFL season.

Top Five Fantasy Player Performances for Week 4

#1 - Terrell Owens
T.O.'s definitely made a statement in week four. Unfortunately for Cincinnati it was in playing catchup for all of the 2nd half. With that said, Owens came up with an astounding 10 catches for 222 yards and a score against the Browns. This comes on the heels of three so-so games to start the season, so it remains to be seen if T.O. can keep this up throughout the season. Cincy has yet to click on all cylinders, but if they do, he's going to be very dangerous from here on out.

#2 - Antonio Gates
Gates leads the NFL with six receiving touchdowns, and week four helped him pad that total thanks to a nice performance against the now lowly Arizona Cardinals. Gates came up with seven catches for 144 yards and two scores in week four, and has consistently put up huge numbers throughout the first four weeks of the season. He currently ranks in the top five overall in fantasy points from all positions, and it seems like he's going to continue making fantasy owners of him and Rivers very happy.

#3 - Arian Foster
It's amazing how one can go from the penthouse to the outhouse and back to the penthouse in the course of one quarter. Owners of Foster panicked hardcore when they found out that Foster was not playing due to disciplinary reasons. From the sounds of it, it looked like he was not going to play, and with it being an afternoon game, most teams who have Foster probably didn't have any other options. Thankfully, he was only benched for a quarter, and then completely tore it up against the Oakland Raiders by tallying 187 total yards and two touchdowns. Foster becomes the first player to show up in the top five fantasy performances more than once this season. The benching may have lit an even bigger fire into Foster, who could be the steal of the draft this year as he usually went in rounds four or five.

#4 - Reggie Wayne
Indianapolis has struggled this season, but that means good things for owners of Peyton Manning and Colt wide receivers as they're playing from behind more. Manning torched the Jags defense in week four; however, it wasn't enough to win the game. Wayne came down with a hefty 15 catches for 196 yards, but no scores in week four against Jacksonville. There is definitely not much more to say here about Wayne as he is definitely expected to give fantasy owners a huge lift every week. Right now Wayne is 2nd overall in fantasy scoring by a WR...trailing teammate Austin Collie.

#5 - LaDainian Tomlinson
Could this be an "I told you so San Diego" game for LT? Well it's not like San Diego is really hurting with the performances of Ryan Matthews and Mike Tolbert so far this year, so it's a win-win for both teams. Tomlinson really turned up his game last week against the Bills getting over 100 yards for the first time since 2008. He ended up with 133 yards on the ground plus a handful of catches and two scores. LT may not be a guaranteed start quite yet, but definitely worthy of a bye-week fill-in.

Five Waiver Wire Pickups

Brandon Tate & Aaron Hernandez
The big news of the week was Randy Moss being traded to the Minnesota Vikings for a 3rd round draft pick. The biggest benefactors of this trade could be Tate and Hernandez. Welker will obviously be the #1 target now, which could open up things for both of these guys. I'm thinking that Hernandez will be 2nd in the pecking order, and Tate will be 3rd, but both guys have had a decent share of targets when Moss was on the field. Tom Brady is not going to all of a sudden forget how to play football without Randy Moss, so definitely pick up either or both of these guys.

Brandon Jacobs
Has he finally grown up and accepted that he's not the #1 man in New York? He only had six carries against a good Chicago Bears run defense, but on this night that defense was not so good. On those six carries Jacobs tallied 62 yards and a touchdown. Coughlin may now have more confidence with each passing week to at least give Jacobs the goal line carries, and Jacobs definitely wants to audition for a starting job with a new team for next year as he'll be a free agent. There is a good chance that someone gave up on him, so definitely go look and see if he's out there.

Sam Bradford
I think it's safe to say that he is the real deal. The Rams are much much better with Bradford at the helm, and they are currently in a three-way tie for first where the other two teams (Seahawks and Cardinals) are slipping. On the season Bradford has six touchdowns, but also six picks; however, three of those picks were in week one. He's progressively getting better, and will have some bumps in the road his rookie season, but he instantly makes a great backup for you right away.

Brandon Pettigrew
Pettigrew has had three straight solid games for the Detroit Lions, scoring double digit points each of the three weeks. Both Pettigrew and Scheffler have had some solid games for Detroit this year, but now Scheffler is hurting, which could open up to the door for Pettigrew to have a decent game against the Rams in week five. He had eight catches for 91 yards against Green Bay in week four, and you could be looking for more of the same this week, grab him if you're in need of a TE this week, if you're not, grab him anyways for when you do need one.

Rising Stock

Brandon Lloyd
Lloyd is definitely resurrecting his career this season. That is mainly thanks to Kyle Orton throwing bombs all over the field and leading the league in passing. After an 11 catch, 115 yard game in week four, it is clear that Lloyd is surfacing as the go-to target for Orton. He has had three solid games out of four this year, and this coming week against Baltimore will be the ultimate test as to if you can trust him for the rest of the season I believe.

Joseph Addai
A running back that many have forgotten in the fantasy world came back well in week four with a two-touchdown performance. With Donald Brown hurting, Addai is going to have to shoulder the load for the next couple weeks or so, and I think that he may start to get it going after that great week four outing.

Mike Tolbert
Many (including myself) thought Tolbert's fantasy value was going to dip with the return of Matthews, but I was definitely wrong there. A huge 100-yard peformance in week four has definitely earned Tolbert a share of carries even with Matthews healthy. Matthews could hit a rookie wall later in the season, which could make Tolbert even more valuable as the weeks go by.

Falling Stock

Michael Sims-Walker
Simply put the Jags offense is horrendous. Sims-Walker was drafted in or around rounds three or four in a good deal of drafts, and now after week four, he's turned in two goose eggs. It hasn't gone to the point of cutting him just yet, but he definitely has to ride the bench until he comes out with a consistent effort.

Marques Colston
It appears that Colston is going to fall into a pattern of being good every other year. That must mean this year he's going to not be good. He barely made double digits in points on weeks one and two, and has had back-to-back single digit performances now.

Devin Hester
Hester really hasn't gotten it going all year long, and it's clear he's not going to be that slot threat that is similar to Wes Welker. It just seems like he's not in the plans for Mike Martz's offense, and now with Cutler out with a concussion, his stock will slide even further.

Week 5 Madden NFL 11 Simulation (NFL.com Week 5 position fantasy projection ranking in parentheses)

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/sims/Texans_550x360.jpg
Madden NFL 11 predicts that the New York Giants are going to slow down Adrian Foster this week.

Passing

The Good
Tony Romo – DAL – 21 for 35 328 yds. 5 TD 2 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 5)

Peyton Manning – IND – 23 for 32 370 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 1)

Donovan McNabb – WAS – 16 for 24 350 yds. 3 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 19)

The Ugly
Vince Young – TEN – 17 for 34 122 yds. 1 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 22)

Jimmy Claussen – CAR – 11 for 28 88 yds. 0 TD 3 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 28)

Sam Bradford – STL – 13 for 25 137 yds. 0 TD 3 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 15)

Rushing

The Good
Michael Turner – ATL – 23 att. 187 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 6)

Adrian Peterson – MIN – 21 att. 113 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 3)

Maurice Jones-Drew – JAX – 7 att. 78 yds. 3 rec. 49 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 4)

The Ugly
Matt Forte – CHI – 16 att. 18 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 22)

Arian Foster – HOU – 21 att. 46 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 2)

Ahmad Bradshaw – NYG – 13 att. 33 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 7)

Receiving

The Good
Roy Williams – DAL – 4 rec. 101 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 43)

Reggie Wayne – IND – 10 rec. 178 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 4)

Johnny Knox – CHI – 7 rec. 103 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 31)

The Ugly
Dewayne Bowe – KC – 3 rec. 27 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 25)

Steve Smith – NYG – 3 rec. 34 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 14)

Percy Harvin – MIN – 3 rec. 15 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 26)

The Good
Bears – 0 points allowed vs. Panthers (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 1)

Texans – 6 points allowed vs. Giants (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 23)

Colts – 7 points allowed vs. Chiefs (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 18)

The Ugly
Titans – 35 points allowed vs. Cowboys (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 15)

Jaguars – 34 points allowed vs. Bills (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - NR)

Raiders – 31 points allowed vs. Chargers (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 21)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/FantasyFootballStandings-1.png

After just four weeks, there are no longer any unbeaten teams in the league. I (Midway Monsters) couldn't get a simple six points out of my kicker Dan Carpenter to over take the Wisconsin's Finest (Da Mole), and so I gave Carpenter the boot into free agency. In taking a look at the standings, you can see things are starting to tighten up. There is now five teams in the West at 2-2, and a three-way top in the East of teams sitting at 3-1. Taking a look at this week, there is only one match-up of teams with the same record, so there will start to be a little separation between the contenders and the pretenders as we near the midway point of the regular season.

Two Minute Warning

In looking at the way things have played out so far this year, if you have anyone involved in the Indianapolis or Denver passing game, you should be in good shape. Guys like Austin Collie and Kyle Orton are huge surprises this year it will be interesting to see how they continue to play leading up to the midway point of the regular season where I will be giving out grades for some of the top fantasy talent, and take a look at the surprises and busts. Once again if you have a question that you would like to ask for this blog, please e-mail GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com. Good luck this week!

gschwendt
10-11-2010, 11:35 PM
In one league, I needed a combined 26 from Tomlinson and Harvin tonight in order to win... I got 31 :)

JBHuskers
10-12-2010, 01:30 AM
For the first time this year I've got a W in all three of my $ leagues. One league it was needed, I was 1-3, but had the 3rd most points in the league...just bad luck. I just need to make sure I'm 7-6 at least by seasons end, even 6-7, and I should get in on tiebreakers as long as my team keeps it up.

JBHuskers
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Check out my Game Changers Fantasy Focus Mid-Season Fantasy Football Report just posted today

http://tinyurl.com/28ew382

This blog includes the top players at each position, my report card for the pre-draft rankings, along with hidden gems and busts for the first half of the fantasy football season.

JBHuskers
10-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Week 7 Recap & Look Ahead to Week 8

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/week5sims/oaklandvschargers.jpg
Darren McFadden comes back from injury in a BIG way with four touchdowns and ended up 2nd for week 7 in the Fantasy Player Performance.

We are now coming up on crunch time. For those who read the Mid-Season Report earlier this week, performances have been status quo for quarterbacks, and very unpredictable for wide receivers. The biggest injury of season came down last week with Tony Romo's broken collarbone, and fantasy teams are now scrambling for a QB, and wondering what the Cowboy wide receivers they have are going to for the rest of the season. We are now on the downhill slide for the regular season so the right pickup could vault you into the playoffs or a higher seed.

Top Five Fantasy Player Performances for Week 7

#1 - Kenny Britt - TEN - 7 rec. 225 yds. 3 TDAbsolutely no one figured that Britt would have this kind of a day with Vince Young out, and then Britt was bench due to his involvement in a bar fight. Even though he was benched, he definitely redeemed himself in a huge way posting career numbers. Britt is definitely a huge talent who's been waiting to break out, and that finally happened last week.

#2 - Darren McFadden - OAK - 194 total yds. 4 total TDRun DMC has had a great season, even with missing two games. Last week was a huge performance in the Raiders' thrashing of the Broncos. McFadden went for four touchdowns and nearly 200 yards. McFadden proclaimed to be only 75% for last weeks game, and now I think it's safe to say he's back to 100%. Any thought of Bush stealing carries away after he came back from injury could be squashed now. As mentioned in the Mid-Season Report, McFadden was one of the draft gems of the season.

#3 - Roddy White - ATL - 11 rec. 202 yds. 2 TD
A huge game for White has vaulted him into the top spot in fantasy scoring for wide receivers. Matt Ryan has come into his own this season, and White has benefited with a solid season averaging over 22 points a game, with a low of only 14 points. The only thing stopping Roddy this week would be a bye.

#4 - Ryan Fitzpatrick - BUF - 29 for 43 374 yds. 4 TD 2 INT
Hopefully you listened to a past blog which suggested that you get Fitzpatrick. He unexpectedly tore up the Baltimore Ravens last week scoring in the high 30's. Fitzpatrick is currently 12th in scoring among all quarterbacks; which wouldn't sound too impressive except he didn't start until week three and had a bye. It will be interesting to see if Fitzpatrick will be able to continue this huge wave as the pressure will more than likely start to get turned up on him.

#5 - Carson Palmer - CIN - 36 for 50 412 yds. 3 TD 0 INT
Palmer has been hit and miss this season with three good games and three bad games. His latest offering was his best of the season in Atlanta. Palmer has plenty of weapons at his disposal with the emergence of rookies Jordan Shipley and Jermaine Gresham. Additionally veterans Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens have produced well at times. With all of these weapons, Palmer could be primed to take off for the rest of the season.

Five Waiver Wire Pickups

WR Steve Johnson - BUF (Owned 14.5% ESPN - 43% Yahoo)
The recent play of Ryan Fitzpatrick is suddenly making a lot of Buffalo Bills a lot more attractive. Lee Evans and Steve Johnson are definitely the top two targets for Fitzpatrick. Back-to-back 20 point games (21 & 29) make Johnson a must get for those who are struggling with their WR's.

QB Jon Kitna - DAL (Owned 0.2% ESPN - 8% Yahoo)
Only one team has made the playoffs after starting the season 1-5, so the Cowboys as a team are probably done with the injury to Tony Romo, but don't forget Jon Kitna is a very servicable backup. Kitna has plenty of targets to get the ball to, it may take a week or two, but Kitna could definitely put up some decent points to serve as a band-aid for those who owned Romo.

WR David Gettis - CAR (Owned 0.2% ESPN - 3% Yahoo)
Matt Moore may have regained his confidence after regaining the starting job, and rookie David Gettis had a huge breakout game. He's not going to be an instant start because you can't expect any Carolina Panther to score 30 every week; however, he is definitely worth picking up and stashing on your bench to see if he catches fire this coming week again.

WR Jordan Shipley - CIN (Owned 2.6% ESPN - 5% Yahoo)
Shipley is healthy again, and now Carson Palmer is starting to catch fire. Teams may forget about Shipley in the slot as they worry more about Ochocinco and Owens, so it is very possible that he could put up big numbers again. Aside from last week's game Shipley hasn't really done much; therefore, you should pick him up, but only start him if you're in a bind.

RB LeGarrette Blount - TB (Owned 1.1% ESPN - 5% Yahoo)
Most of us remember Blount for the punch he threw in the 2009 college football opener. Thankfully he has put that behind him and started to get his career on track as a rookie in Tampa Bay. If you're trying to scrounge for a RB in what is probably a thin free agent pool, Blount could make a very good pickup. He's starting to get regular carries for Tampa, with 11 last week. He's listed as questionable currently, but would make a good pickup to bolster your bench.

Rising Stock

Marques Colston - NO
Fantasy owners are FINALLY rejoicing as Colston scored his first touchdown of the season last week against Cleveland. With 22 catches in the past three weeks, and now finally getting into the end zone, I have a feeling the Colston is going to take off for the rest of the season for the Saints. A tough matchup against the Steelers this week, but I have a feeling he'll get in the endzone again. Additionally, outside of the bye, there are some soft pass defenses coming up in the Saints schedule.

Anquan Boldin - BAL
Back-to-back games with a touchdown for Boldin, and now he has five on the year. Things have been hit or miss for Boldin this year; however, the past two games could be telling that Flacco and Boldin are starting to gel in their first season together. Even though he's got a bye this week, expect Boldin to put up big numbers down the stretch.

Johnny Knox - CHI
Da Bears are 4-3, but the offense is a disaster with some poor offensive line play. Cutler has persevered and played tough even though the offense is in shambles right now. Knox has been Cutler's favorite target over the past two weeks with a total of 11 catches, 206 yards and a touchdown. After this week's bye, Knox could continue to be a must start, and probably the only start for the Bears outside of Matt Forte.

Falling Stock

Mike Tolbert - SD
When Ryan Matthews returned from injury in week four, and Tolbert still put up 100 yards, I figured that he was going to be the man for the rest of the season. Unfortunately Tolbert has really fallen off the three weeks since. He does have a touchdown in the past three games, but only has a total of 19 yards rushing in those three games and the carries are going to start diminish. Once he stops scoring touchdowns, his value will completely be gone.

Miles Austin - DAL
Clearly the stock of Austin is going to fall; however, the end of the Monday Night Football game might have said something as well. Kitna connected with Dez Bryant for two scores against the Giants. It will be interesting if Kitna continues to target Bryant over Williams and Austin over the next couple weeks.

Tony Gonzalez - ATL
Age may finally be showing with Gonzalez. Matt Ryan has had a very solid fantasy season this year, but Gonzalez has slipped in two of the past three weeks. He hasn't had many catches, and so owners are reliant in him getting TD's. Tough pass defenses are also on the horizon for Atlanta.

Week 8 Madden NFL 11 Simulation (NFL.com Week 8 position fantasy projection ranking in parentheses)

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/Week7/Saints.jpg
Colston finally got his first TD of the season last week, the Madden NFL 11 projection for week 8 expects even bigger things.

Passing

The Good
Drew Brees - NO - 24 for 41 304 yds. 5 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 5)
Donovan McNabb - WAS - 24 for 40 428 yds. 3 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 14)
Peyton Manning - IND - 30 for 38 322 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 1)

The Ugly
Matt Moore - CAR - 15 for 29 135 yds. 0 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 23)
Ryan Fitzpatrick - BUF - 14 for 29 109 yds. 1 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 7)
Max Hall - ARI - 15 of 37 151 yds. 0 TD 2 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 26)

Rushing

The Good
Adrian Peterson - MIN - 18 att. 109 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 2)
BenJarvis Green-Ellis - NE - 19 att. 131 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 24)
Cedric Benson - CIN - 12 att. 99 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 16)

The Ugly
Brandon Jackson - GB - 13 att. 7 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 31)
Ryan Matthews - SD - 14 att. 9 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 23)
Maurice Jones-Drew - JAX - 8 att. 13 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 8)

Receiving

The Good
Marques Colston - NO - 9 rec 64 yds. 3 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 18)
Reggie Wayne - IND - 12 rec. 149 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 2)
Wes Welker - NE - 8 rec. 155 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 20)

The Ugly
Kenny Britt - TEN - 2 rec. 23 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 10)
Braylon Edwards - NYJ - 4 rec. 32 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 24)
Larry Fitzgerald - ARI - 4 rec. 51 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 13)

The Good
Rams - 7 points allowed vs. Panthers (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 7)
Seahawks - 10 points allowed vs. Raiders (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 9)
Colts - 10 points allowed vs. Texans (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 22)

The Ugly
Steelers - 42 points allowed vs. Saints (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 2)
Vikings - 34 points allowed vs. Patriots (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 24)
Texans - 34 points allowed vs. Colts (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 23)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Standings-2.png

Team 4 (PlaystationUni) is starting to pull away from the league with a 6-1 record; however, in the same division Wisconsin's Finest (Da Mole) is right behind with the leagues only 5-2 record. I have slipped in two straight weeks, and need to get back on track as I'm in the same division as those two teams. The West is completely log jammed as every team but one is within a game of the division lead.

Two Minute Warning

This concludes another week of the Game Changers Fantasy Focus blog. Once again if you have a fantasy football question that you would like to ask for this blog, please e-mail GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com. Good luck this week!

JBHuskers
11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
RB LeGarrette Blount - TB (Owned 1.1% ESPN - 5% Yahoo)
Most of us remember Blount for the punch he threw in the 2009 college football opener. Thankfully he has put that behind him and started to get his career on track as a rookie in Tampa Bay. If you're trying to scrounge for a RB in what is probably a thin free agent pool, Blount could make a very good pickup. He's starting to get regular carries for Tampa, with 11 last week. He's listed as questionable currently, but would make a good pickup to bolster your bench.

Sometimes I'm right :D

As long as Andre Johnson doesn't go completely nuts (like 50 points nuts), I'll be 7-1 in one league...and I have already earned wins in my other two $ leagues. Those two money leagues I started out 1-3, and am now 5-3. Even when I was 1-3, I had more points than some teams that were even 4-0, so sometimes it's about head-to-head luck, thankfully I didn't implode my teams there.

gschwendt
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
As long as Andre Johnson doesn't go completely nuts (like 50 points nuts), I'll be 7-1 in one league...I need him to go 36 points nuts.

JBHuskers
11-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I need him to go 36 points nuts.

That's fine LOL just not 50. Well the league I'm in is a bonus league for long TD's and 100 yard games. So a couple of red zone TD's and he gets under 100 yards to get you to 36 and I'll take it :D

gschwendt
11-01-2010, 11:28 AM
That's fine LOL just not 50. Well the league I'm in is a bonus league for long TD's and 100 yard games. So a couple of red zone TD's and he gets under 100 yards to get you to 36 and I'll take it :D
And mine is a PPR league so 36 catches with 10 yards receiving would be fine with me.

JBHuskers
11-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Week 8 Recap & Look Ahead to Week 9

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/Week6/Texans.jpg
Arian Foster does it again. On the ground and through the air, Foster gets in the top five of fantasy player scoring for the fourth time this season.

In most leagues, there are five games left in the regular season, and only two more weeks to endure the byes. These next two weeks are going to be key for players grabbing the right players off the waiver wire to replace those starters who will have a bye. Two months into the season, Arian Foster and Kyle Orton are in the top five overall, and Brandon Lloyd, Hakeem Nicks, and Darren McFadden are just outside the top ten. These guys are definitely outperforming their pre-draft predictions and have been nice sleepers for the owners who were lucky enough to grab them. Let's take a look at the best of week eight below...

Top Five Fantasy Player Performances for Week 8

#1 - David Garrard - JAX - 17 for 21 260 yds. 4 pass TD 0 INT 1 rush TD
Garrard seemed to be the fantasy QB pick-up after strong performances against Indy and Buffalo; however injuries hampered his two games following. His return to the lineup last week was a huge one netting five total touchdowns against the Dallas Cowboys. This coming week is a bye for Garrard which could be a good thing to rest, and then he faces soft defenses in Houston and Cleveland.

#2 - Calvin Johnson - DET - 9 rec. 101 yds. 3 TD
Johnson is probably the 2nd happiest person to see Stafford back (1st being Stafford, of course). Johnson had his biggest game of the year last week nearly scoring 40 for fantasy owners. Johnson has had a Pro Bowl-caliber season, even with Shaun Hill under center. Johnson does have some tough games coming up, but I think you're going to hear Stafford to Johnson many times the rest of the season regardless.

#3 - Matthew Stafford - DET - 26 for 45 212 yds. 4 TD 1 INT
I'm wondering when was the last time that two Detroit Lions made the top five of fantasy performances for a week. It may be the first time ever in the history of fantasy football. Stafford's first game back from injury was a fantastic one. He didn't get a lot of yards, but he made his throws count by throwing four touchdowns to one interception. It's definitely safe to say that Stafford belongs back in your fantasy lineup.

#4 - Arian Foster - HOU - 15 att. 102 yds. 9 rec. 65 yds. 1 rush TD
I'm going to give Foster a new nickname. Mr. Top Five. This is Foster's fourth appearance in the top five this season, and he did it both on the ground and through the air. Most of his receptions came towards the end of the game when Indy was playing prevent; however, that still equals fantasy gold. 167 total yards and one score gets Foster another top five spot for this week, and he has now vaulted into the top spot of all running backs, third overall for all players this season.

#5 - Brandon Lloyd - DEN - 7 rec. 169 yds. 1 TD
The man continues to have a career season. Even though the Broncos are stinking up the joint this year and sit in the bottom of the AFC West with San Diego (yep Oakland and Kansas City are leading the division!), the Orton to Lloyd combination has been a great one. Both Orton and Lloyd are in the top 12 overall in fantasy scoring this season, Lloyd being the 2nd best WR overall. Lloyd has definitely been the waiver wire pick-up of the year, and congrats to those who snagged him.

Five Waiver Wire Pickups

RB LeGarrette Blount -TB - (Owned 66.8% ESPN - 64% Yahoo)
If you didn't listen to me last week, you may be too late; however, he's still available in a third of leagues as of "press time". In week seven, it was becoming apparent that Blount was getting increased carries in the Tampa Bay offense, and he completely exploded this past week with 22 carries for 120 yards and two scores. If people in your league are sleeping, make sure you pick up this guy immediately. If you need to, definitely start him, but in week nine he's facing the 6th best run defense in the league in Atlanta.

QB David Garrard - JAX - (Owned 26.8% ESPN - 25% Yahoo)
If you have the top performance in fantasy football for week eight, and are only owned in a quarter of ESPN and Yahoo leagues, you definitely deserve a spot on the waiver wire. For those teams who don't have an elite QB, Garrard is a must get. He has a bye this week, but will be facing two of the worst pass defenses in weeks 10 and 11 with the Texans and Browns. Garrard has bounced back from injury in a great way, and can definitely help you down the stretch.

TE Jacob Tamme - IND - (Owned 32.4% ESPN - 55% Yahoo)
Guaranteed that absolutely no fantasy football players had intentions of putting Jacob Tamme on their roster, but when Dallas Clark went down with a season ending injury, some people quickly snatched him up last week during Indy's bye just to see what he would do. After a couple of early drops, Tamme started to settle in and earned a little more trust of Peyton Manning by catching six balls for 64 yards with a touchdown. He should be a very serviceable tight end for Indy as they are starting to ratchet up their play this year.

WR Steve Breaston - ARZ - (Owned 52% ESPN - 51% Yahoo)
Derek Anderson came into the game last week against Tampa Bay and somewhat sparked the offense in a losing battle. The biggest benefactor of this was Steve Breaston. Breaston had a big game in week one, and has been virtually silent ever since. If Anderson starts for the Cardinals this week, it may be worth giving Breaston a look; however, with Max Hall at quarterback, his value drops.

QB Troy Smith - SF - (Owned 2.1% ESPN - 4% Yahoo)
The former Buckeye has taken over as QB of the Niners while Alex Smith is injured. He came out an nearly scored 20 points in his season debut. The Niners have a bye week this coming week, but once they get back to playing, Smith could be a good QB to use for those that are desperate due to injury. He could be putting up similar stats to a QB who is listed in this week's Rising Stock, Josh Freeman.

Rising Stock

QB Josh Freeman - TB
Freeman has become Mr. Consistency for fantasy football owners the past few weeks. In standard PPR leagues he's put up weeks of 17, 14, 18, and 19. He is starting to move up to a must-start status in fantasy football as he has only had one game this season in single digits for scoring.

QB Matthew Stafford - DET
Stafford came back in a big way from injury last week by posting a 30+ point performance that landed both him and his WR Calvin Johnson into the top five in fantasy scoring this week. The Detroit Lions are going to be a tough team the rest of the season through, and if you have Stafford on your bench, it may be worth putting Stafford in the starting lineup if you don't have an elite QB on your roster.

RB BenJarvis Green-Ellis - NE
Green-Ellis has had a touchdown in five of the past six games, the key stat from last week is he's now finally starting to get yards to go with his scores. Green-Ellis posted his first 100 yard game of the year, and last week's game against Minnesota (usually a tough run defense) will definitely cement him in to getting the bulk of the carries for the Patriots. If he continues to pile up the yards to go with his touchdowns, he will be a must start down the stretch.

Falling Stock

RB Felix Jones - DAL
It appeared that Jones was taking the bulk of the carries away from Marion Barber, and he would start to figure in the offense, even with the injury to Romo. That has not been the case as he hasn't even TOTALED 100 yards rushing in the past three games, and has had single digit performances in two straight weeks. Unless you have to play him due to injuries and byes, he's not worth putting into your starting lineup. To top things off, he's listed as questionable for the week.

WR Wes Welker - NE
It seems to be out of this world to put Welker in this category, but since the Moss trade, Welker has not regained his fantasy form. He's scored single digits in the past two games with only a total of seven catches and 49 yards. You definitely should still start him, but if he lays an egg against Cleveland this week, you may need to reassess your WR strategy for the final month of the fantasy regular season.

WR Roy Williams - DAL
Three Cowboys have found themselves on the falling stock in the past two weeks. In addition, Kitna threw four picks last week. It has seemed like Williams is invisible to Kitna because he's only totaled one catch in the past two weeks. If Romo was still playing, Williams could still be a must-start when he caught five touchdowns in three games. But just making a catch is no walk in the park now with Kitna under center.

Week 9 Madden NFL 11 Simulation (NFL.com Week 9 position fantasy projection ranking in parentheses)

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/sims/PIT@NO.jpg[SUBTITLE] The Madden NFL 11 simulation says to stay away from Big Ben on Monday Night Football in Cincinnati. After last week's dreadful single-digit performance, it may be wise to listen to the sim.

Passing

The Good
Matt Schaub - HOU - 23 for 43 315 yds. 3 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 13)
Joe Flacco - BAL - 16 for 28 254 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 12)
Michael Vick - PHI - 25 for 43 197 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 5)

The Ugly
Ben Roethlisburger - PIT - 20 for 38 187 yds. 0 TD 2 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 6)
Aaron Rodgers - GB - 14 for 24 127 yds. 0 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 2)
Colt McCoy - CLE - 12 for 29 88 yds. 0 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 26)

Rushing

The Good
Beanie Wells - ARZ - 8 att. 80 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 14)
Michael Turner - ATL - 21 att. 110 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 3)
LaDainian Tomlinson - NYJ - 19 att. 106 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 7)

The Ugly
BenJarvus Green-Ellis 11 att. 13 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 22)
LeSean McCoy - PHI - 9 at. 19 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 5)
Ray Rice - BAL - 14 att. 23 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 12)

Receiving

The Good
Reggie Wayne - IND - 11 rec. 157 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 4)
Steve Smith - CAR - 8 rec. 98 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 15)
Andre Johnson - HOU - 7 rec. 128 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 3)

The Ugly

Braylon Edwards - NYJ - 3 rec. 32 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 32)
Steve Johnson - BUF - 2 rec. 24 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 25)
Marques Colston - NO - 3 rec. 34 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 16)

The Good
Patriots - 0 points allowed vs. Browns (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 6)
Falcons - 3 points allowed vs. Bucs (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 12)
Bengals - 7 points allowed vs. Steelers (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 20)

The Ugly
Colts - 43 points allowed vs. Eagles (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 18)
Dolphins - 31 points allowed vs. Ravens (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 21)
Bills - 28 points allowed vs. Bears (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - NR)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/standings-3.jpg

Team 4 (PlaystationUni) currently boasts a two-game lead on the rest of the league, and he's currently boasting on Twitter too. Personally, I think he'll choke in the playoffs ;) --- Barring a collapse by Team 4, there are nine teams who are going to compete for the remaining five playoff spots, so these next couple of weeks should be interesting.

Two Minute Warning

This concludes another week of the Game Changers Fantasy Focus blog. Once again if you have a fantasy football question that you would like to ask for this blog, please e-mail GameChangersFantasyFocus@gmail.com. Good luck this week!

JBHuskers
11-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Week 9 Recap & Look Ahead to Week 10

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/week5sims/packersvsredskins.jpg
The preseaon #1 pick for fantasy QB's Aaron Rodgers finally enters the top five with a solid performance against the Cowboys.

Welcome to what will now be a Thursday tradition for the Game Changers Fantasy Focus blog. This week is the first week that Thursday night games will be in play, so you'll need to make sure your roster is up and ready to go earlier this week. Also, the final week of byes is upon us. After this week, we will look ahead to the final three or four weeks of the regular season as the playoff race heats up. I went back to all of the previous blogs this season and found a surprising stat that could be telling as to why there is a lot of parity in the leagues I'm in (and other leagues around the nation). The Top Five Fantasy Player Performance that kicks of every blog has only had FOUR multi-time entrants. The most of them all, as we have documented all season, is Arian Foster who does it AGAIN this week with his fifth top-5 performance this season. That means he's been in the top five for half of the season; which is outstanding.

Top Five Fantasy Player Performances for Week 9

#1 - Terrell Owens - CIN - 10 rec. 141 yds. 2 TD
T.O. puts up his 2nd top five performance on the year with a monster game on Monday Night Football against the Steelers. This performance vaults him into the 7th overall slot for fantasy scoring this year, a big surprise to many. He also takes over the top scoring WR mark for the season passing both Hakeem Nicks and Roddy White.

#2 - Arian Foster - HOU - 27 att. 127 yds. 4 rec. 70 yds. 2 TD
Foster just continues to produce and produce. This marks his fifth time in the top five this season, so for more than half of his games (which includes a bye), he's been in the top five overall. He now is 2nd overall in fantasy scoring behind only Philip Rivers by seven points. He could very well be the fantasy MVP for 2010.

#3 - Peyton Hillis - CLE - 29 att. 184 yds. 2 TD
Along with Owens and Foster, Hillis is a huge surprise as a top performer in fantasy football this season. For many, he was a week two or three waiver wire pickup, and he has rewarded owners ever since. Week nine was his biggest game and second 30-point performance of the year (Baltimore - Week 3). This performance now places Hillis as the 4th best RB for the season.

#4 - Phillip Rivers - SD - 17 for 23 295 yds. 4 TD 1 INT
As mentioned in talking about Foster, Rivers is the best fantasy scorer this season as he torched a poor Houston pass defense for four touchdowns in week nine. The Chargers have long been known as a late-surging team, so it will not be any surprise that Rivers could end up the year as the best overall fantasy player, and don't forget, he gets Vincent Jackson back.

#5 - Aaron Rodgers - GB - 27 for 34 289 yds. 3 TD 0 INT
This season hasn't been as loud in terms of fantasy production for Rodgers, but he's done very well this season and is actually ranked 3rd overall among all fantasy players, but keep in mind the Packers bye is just now coming up in week ten. Brandon Jackson had a great game on the ground last week against the Cowboys which did open it up for Rodgers.

Five Waiver Wire Pickups

QB Shaun Hill - DET - (Owned ESPN - 3.6% Yahoo - 14%)
Unfortunately Matthew Stafford is down for the rest of the season with a grade-three shoulder separation. Shaun Hill will step in, and has already proven this season that he can do something in fantasy football. There are some top QB's either hurt or on bye this week, and if you are in that boat this week, a spot start for Hill may be beneficial. He's had a couple of bad games but also has put up games of 24, 26, and 27 this season.

WR Brian Hartline - MIA - (Owned ESPN - 0.7% Yahoo - 4%)
Even though Henne is struggling, it seems like Hartline has been getting decent numbers. He won't put up monster numbers, but if you need a fill-in for a hurt or bye week, he can be a steady lower double digit performer for you as for the past month straight he's been getting around 5 catches and 60 yards a week.

WR Nate Burleson - DET (Owned ESPN 27.6% Yahoo - 15%)
Even though Stafford has gone down for the year, it may be worth picking up Burleson for two reasons. He had seven catches in each of the past two weeks, and Shaun Hill has been producing in his time at QB for the Lions. It would be good to snatch him up off of free agency and see how he connects with Hill this week.

WR Bernard Berrian - MIN (Owned ESPN - 51.4% Yahoo - 9%)
Finally Berrian breaks out in a big way, thanks to Favre's big game against the Cardinals. He's definitely worth picking up and placing on your bench just to see if he builds off of this game. Just keep in mind that his previous scoring high this season was only four points, so if you have the bench space, take a risk, but monitor how he does against the Bears.

QB Derek Anderson - ARZ (Owned ESPN - 3.4% Yahoo - 7%)
For those in a pinch this week with some top QB out on byes or injuries, Derek Anderson could be a servicable band-aid for your team. He's had some middle-of-the-road double digit games in two straight, and faces some poor pass defenses down the line (Seattle, Kansas City, San Francisco). The offense could finally be clicking for Arizona averaging nearly 30 points in those two games.

Rising Stock

QB Michael Vick - PHI
Vick surprised us all in the first three weeks of the season with MONSTER fantasy games averaging 29 points per game in that span. Injuries took him down for the following four weeks and a bye, but he came back to his early season form last week with a 27 point performance against the Colts. It's definitely safe to say he's a must start again.

WR Lance Moore - NO
After a couple of poor performances in weeks five and seven, Moore has posted double digit games in back-to-back weeks now. He's on a bye this week, and Reggie Bush should be back after the bye; therefore week 11 is going to be a good indicator if you can count on him to finish off the fantasy regular season. Right now he's playing very well.

WR Dez Bryant - DAL
With so many Cowboys landing in the Falling Stock section the past two weeks, I decided to be nice and put one in the Rising Stock. Bryant seems to be Kitna's favorite target with 16 catches in the past two weeks. Bryant has also scored 15, 21, and 15 over the past three weeks. With the Cowboys playing from behind with a less than inspired defense, there will be a lot of chances for Kitna to air it out, and that makes Bryant a must start down the stretch.

Falling Stock

WR Jeremy Maclin - PHI
With DeSean Jackson back in the lineup, Maclin's stats have steadily dropped the past two weeks since blowing up in week six against Atlanta. He only has nine catches and 90 yards combined in the past two games. If you have a better matchup for a WR on your bench, it may actually be worth it to bench Maclin until Vick gets him more involved in the offense.

WR Mike Williams - SEA
Seattle is struggling as of late. Normally they've been a good home team and a horrible road team, but lately they've just been horrible all-around. Mike Williams is one of the noticable Seahawks who is slumping. A terrible three catches and 52 yards combined in the last two games is reason enough to probably bench him when the match-up isn't good, or if Seattle is on the road. They have Arizona on the road this week, if he doesn't do well this week, the ship may have sailed for the rest of the year for Williams.

QB Chad Henne - MIA
Henne had a great four-game run in weeks 3-7; however, the past two weeks have been dreadful for the Dolphin QB. He's only scored a total of ten fantasy points in the past two games, and next faces Tennessee, Chicago, and Oakland. Two of those teams have only allowed five passing TD's all year. (To add to this, ESPN just announced on Wednesday that Pennington will replace Henne as the starter, so it may be safe to drop him now).

Week 10 Madden NFL 11 Simulation (NFL.com Week 9 position fantasy projection ranking in parentheses)

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/sims/WAS@DET.jpg
The Madden NFL 11 projection for week 10 is predicting big things for the Redskins, including Santana Moss, this week against the Eagles.

Passing

The Good
Donovan McNabb - WAS - 21 of 32 318 yds. 3 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 21)
Matt Schaub - HOU - 25 of 43 310 yds. 2 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 6)
Jay Cutler - CHI - 20 of 35 239 yds. 3 TD 2 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 11)

The Ugly
Matt Hasselbeck - SEA - 18 of 33 157 yds. 0 TD 1 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 24)
Jimmy Clausen - CAR - 17 of 37 166 yds. 0 TD 2 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 28)
Brett Favre - MIN - 12 of 22 89 yds. 0 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 20)

Rushing

The Good
Ryan Torain - WAS - 18 att. 126 yds. 3 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 23)
Adrian Peterson - MIN - 26 att. 170 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 3)
Marshawn Lynch - SEA - 15 att. 155 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 21)

The Ugly
LeSean McCoy - PHI - 11 att. 36 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 7)
Felix Jones - DAL - 12 att. 34 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 30)
Matt Forte - CHI - 20 att. 43 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 24)

Receiving

The Good
Andre Johnson - HOU - 9 rec. 148 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 2)
Michael Sims-Walker - JAX - 13 rec. 149 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 18)
Santana Moss - WAS - 8 rec. 156 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 26)

The Ugly
Brandon Lloyd - DEN - 4 rec. 19 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 7)
Larry Fitzgerald - ARZ - 4 rec. 33 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 10)
Miles Austin - DAL - 2 rec. 22 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 11)

The Good
Buccaneers - 6 points allowed vs. Panthers (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 5)
Jets - 10 points allowed vs. Browns (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 4)
Titans - 13 points allowed vs. Dolphins (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 1)

The Ugly
Eagles - 35 points allowed vs. Redskins (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 9)
Cardinals - 33 points allowed vs. Seahawks (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 8)
Cowboys - 33 points allowed vs. Giants (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - NR)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Standings-4.png

Outside of Team 4 (PlaystationUni), there is a complete log jam with almost the entire rest of the league. Any sort of hot streak should get someone in the playoffs, and any sort of collapse will eliminate them from the playoffs. We will have to see after this week if the picture will get any clearer.

JBHuskers
11-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Hope to keep the train rollin' in my $ leagues.....(8-1), (6-3), (6-3).....my 6-3 leagues I'm on a 5-game winning streak. Just pulled off a nice trade too....

I have four good RB's so I dealt Steven Jackson with Lee Evans for Andre Johnson and BenJarvis Green-Ellis.

JBHuskers
11-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Week 10 Recap & Look Ahead to Week 11

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/sims/wk10/PHI@WAS.jpg
Michael Vick was INSANE in week 10, scoring the most fantasy points by any player this season.

The bye weeks are done, and that means the final push for the playoffs has begun! Also, with the bye weeks being complete, we get a better picture of who is in line for the fantasy MVP award. Right now the top five consists of Arian Foster (213), Philip Rivers (208), Roddy White (201), Kyle Orton (197), and Adrian Peterson (193). How many of the overall top five are on your team? At the end of the fantasy season, I will do a post-season awards blog, so be on the eye out for that in a little over a month!

Top Five Fantasy Player Performances for Week 10

#1 - Michael Vick - PHI - 20 for 28 333 yds. 8 att. 80 yds 6 total TD
Simply put, Vick's Monday night performance was the best of this season. An amazing six total touchdowns with over 400 total yards put Vick in a class of his own for this season by nearly cracking the rare 60-point plateau for one game. With missing nearly five games this season due to injury, Vick still ranks 8th overall among all fantasy quarterbacks.

#2 - Dewayne Bowe - KC - 13 rec. 186 yds. 2 TD
Kansas City got destroyed early by Denver, which led to Cassel throwing the ball all over the place in order to keep up. With Denver not having the best defense in the league, the Chief offense was successful while the Broncos were playing on their heels after going up 35-0 quick. Bowe being the biggest benefactor of playing catch-up with a huge game. One tidbit you may not know, this fantasy performance has vaulted Bowe to 6th overall among WR's tied with Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson.

#3 - Matt Cassel - KC - 33 for 53 469 yds. 4 TD 0 INT
Similar to Detroit's duo of Stafford and Johnson, the combination of Bowe and Cassel was deadly last week against Denver. It wasn't great for Chiefs fans because Denver trounced them, but it was good for fantasy owners who had either of these players. The interesting stat for Cassel is he didn't throw any picks out of his 53 attempts. He's definitely a good starter for those who do not have an elite QB down the stretch.

#4 - Tom Brady - NE - 30 for 43 350 yds. 3 TD 0 INT
Amazingly enough, this is Brady's first top five of the season. It's been a pretty dull season for the Patriot's quarterback. There was four straight games where Brady only had one TD pass. The lack of a consistent deep threat has hurt him, but maybe he has found the magic with Welker again as they connected eight times against the Steelers.

#5 - Roddy White - ATL - 12 rec. 138 yds. 2 TD
White has been one of the best overall fantasy performers this season, currently ranking 3rd overall and has taken over the lead among WR's from T.O. Last week's performance against the Ravens gives White his 2nd top five performance of the season. He only trails Arian Foster and Philip Rivers for the overall top fantasy performer this season, and this is very noteworthy because all players have had their byes now.

Five Waiver Wire Pickups

QB Josh Freeman - TB - (Owned ESPN - 58.7%, Yahoo - 61%)
It's amazing that Freeman is still available in over a 1/3 of ESPN and Yahoo leagues. He cracked the 20 point plateau for the first time since week two, but he has consistently been scoring in the high teens all season long. Nobody expected him to be 13th among all fantasy QB's in scoring, and it doesn't seem like he's going to slow down.

TE Rob Gronkowski - NE - (Owned ESPN - 13.3%, Yahoo - 32%)
If Tom Brady finds you in the end zone three times, you definitely belong on the top pick-ups of the week. If you have an ailing, or failing, at tight end, it may be worth the risk to see if Gronkowski can build on last week's 30-point performance. Even with Welker, there hasn't been a consisten target all year for the Pats, but it is worth giving Gronkowski a look if you're in need.

TE Kevin Boss - NYG - (Owned ESPN - 10.4%, Yahoo - 12%)
Many thought Boss may break out this season with Eli Manning at the helm; however, 2010 has been pretty ho-hum as Eli prefers his wideouts. It definitely is worth noting that Boss has scored a touchdown in back-to-back weeks, and had a nice five catch, 81 yard performance against Dallas last week. Just like with Gronkowski, if you're in a pinch at TE, Boss is worth a try because like the Pats, the Giants are pretty good at finding the end zone.

WR Brandon Gibson - STL - (Owned ESPN - 0.3%, Yahoo - 2%)
Bradford is definitely this year's offensive rookie of the year. The latest benefactor of Bradford's great rookie campaign has been Gibson. With a bye sandwiched in between, Gibson has posted back to back double digit scoring games. He's definitely worth a pick-up in PPR leagues because he's caught 14 balls in those past two games. If he starts to find the end zone, his stock could dramatically rise.

WR Arrelious Benn - TB - (Owned ESPN - 0.5%, Yahoo - 4%)
Benn has scored a TD in the past two games for Tampa. The rookie is slowly starting to get gain Freeman's confidence in the red zone; however, start him with caution as he hasn't caught more than three passes in a game. With his red zone looks, his overall utilization in the Bucs offense could increase; therefore, it's worth stashing him on your bench just in case.

Rising Stock

QB Mark Sanchez - NYJ
Weeks five through eight, Sanchez was below average; however, he has posted back-to-back 20+ games, and faces a couple of poor pass defenses down the line, including Houston this week. Santonio Holmes has been on fire during the same two game stretch. As long as these two can continue to connect, Sanchez could be a serviceable QB for the final weeks.

WR Mike Wallace - PIT
Wallace has had two monster games the past couple of weeks. A 22 point performance followed by a 33 point performance last week. He's tallied almost 250 receiving yards the past two games, along with three touchdowns. He's definitely had a career year with seven touchdowns so far this season. With Big Ben back, it seems like the Steelers have a new #1 at WR.

RB Fred Jackson - BUF
Not much has gone right in Buffalo this season, but they have played everyone tough on a week-to-week basis. Because of their tough play, they have had some great fantasy players such as Ryan Fitzpatrick and Steve Johnson. Fred Jackson has had past fantasy success, but this year has been far from it. With that said, Jackson has posted a touchdown in the past two games, with a huge game last week against Detroit scoring 30+ points.

Falling Stock

WR Steve Smith - CAR
The QB situation in Carolina has been shaky all season long, and that has translated to Smith's game this season. He's had a couple of decent games; however the past two weeks he's only scored one and seven points. Facing Baltimore this week isn't going to help matters at all either. Unfortunately Smith has to ride your bench down the stretch.

WR Brandon Marshall - MIA
Marshall is in a similar boat as Steve Smith is with the shaky QB situation. The Dolphins are now forced to start their 3rd string QB in Tyler Thigpen. Thigpen had some great success for the Chiefs in 2008 throwing 18 touchdowns in 11 games, but it is hard to tell if he can repeat that with the Dolphins. Marshall has only scored one touchdown all season, but has usually posted double digit games. The past two weeks he's slipped with only five catches and 30 yards on average for those two games. He'll be a risky play in the upcoming weeks with Thigpen under center.

RB Thomas Jones - KC
There were many times this season that the running back by committee had worked for Jones and Jamaal Charles; however, last week Jones only carried the ball four times. The Chiefs were playing from behind almost all game, but on the same token, the two weeks prior he had 19 carries each and still only scored single digits. Down the stretch, it will be beneficial to probably keep Jones on your bench.

Week 11 Madden NFL 11 Simulation (NFL.com Week 11 position fantasy projection ranking in parentheses)

http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/easports.com/madden/Madden11/week1/coltsVStexans.jpg
In a big matchup against the New England Patriots in week 11, the Madden NFL 11 sim says Peyton Manning will have a big game.

Passing (NFL.com ranks the top 30 – NR = Not Ranked)

The Good
Peyton Manning - IND - 24 of 43 407 yds. 2 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 5)
Colt McCoy - CLE - 42 of 61 366 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 28)
Philip Rivers - SD - 24 of 43 299 yds. 4 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 2)

The Ugly
Jimmy Clausen - CAR - 14 of 34 111 yds. 1 TD 4 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - NR)
Ryan Fitzpatrick - BUF - 18 of 33 119 yds. 1 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 22)
Matt Ryan - ATL - 11 of 22 168 yds. 1 TD 0 INT (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 12)

Rushing

The Good
Maurice Jones-Drew - JAX - 14 att. 120 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 9)
Adrian Peterson - MIN - 13 att. 120 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 2)
Michael Turner - ATL - 26 att. 120 yds. 1 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 13)

The Ugly
Ryan Torain - WAS - 10 att. 33 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 46)
Fred Jackson - BUF - 13 att. 34 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 16)
Felix Jones - DAL - 15 att. 30 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 17)

Receiving

The Good
Greg Jennings - GB - 16 rec. 297 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 12)
Reggie Wayne - IND - 9 rec. 258 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 9)
Andre Johnson - HOU - 11 rec. 146 yds. 2 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 11)

The Ugly
Dez Bryant - DAL - 2 rec. 22 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 10)
Santana Moss - WAS - 3 rec. 37 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 27)
Mike Sims-Walker - JAX - 2 rec. 21 yds. 0 TD (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 34)

The Good
Titans - 3 points allowed vs. Redskins (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 4)
Dolphins - 10 points allowed vs. Bears (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 10)
Bengals - 10 points allowed vs. Bills (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 19)

The Ugly
Rams - 41 points allowed vs. Falcons (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 24)
Broncos - 34 points allowed vs. Chargers (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - NR)
Cheifs - 31 points allowed vs. Cardinals (NFL.com Fantasy Ranking for this week - 11)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/standings-5.jpg

The playoff picture sure did not clear up any more after week ten. There are a total of ten teams in contention for six playoff spots with only three games to go in the regular season. Even the invincible Team 4 (Playstation Uni) took a loss this week to fall to 8-2. As long as he pulls off one win within the next three weeks, he will clinch the overall top spot in the playoffs; which also gives him a first round bye. Next week I will further breakdown the playoff picture...if it gets cleared up :)

gschwendt
12-12-2010, 06:26 PM
My opponent this week has AJ Feely and with 9 minutes left to go, he has 26 points so far... ridiculous from a kicker.

cdj
12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Made the playoffs in my FFL, but will lose as I trail approximately 120-70 right now. Can't complain....just glad to make the playoffs by finishing in top six.

morsdraconis
12-12-2010, 10:58 PM
In the playoffs in one of my leagues (and likely to squeak in in another one) but currently am hoping that AP outscores Joe Flacco (again Houston), Brent Celek, and the NYG defense (not bloody likely) otherwise I'm a first round exit cause fuckin' Kyle Orton played like a douchebag today (knew I should have started Matt Ryan instead).

JBHuskers
12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
One of my leagues uses all 17 weeks :smh: and thanks to McFadden, I'll be 11-3. I just wish McFadden waited til next week. As the other league I have him in I had a bye. My 11-3 league I have Rodgers...uh oh....no byes in this league as there are 8 playoff teams....so I could get set up for an upset. In the league I run, I'm the 4th seed, and need some help from Schaub tonight with Eli and Bradshaw not performing....

JBHuskers
12-14-2010, 10:01 AM
My $ league I run - lost by about 15....Lloyd, Forte, Mike Williams all forgot to show up. Needed a couple more TD's from Schaub :D

My $ Yahoo league I'm in - had a bye....but would have scored a whopping 150+ points ... would have been tops in the league....got the semi-finals.

My $ CBS league - goes all 17 weeks, so last week was the last week of the reg season. Andre Johnson's big night gave me a loss by less than 10 so I finish at 10-4, 2nd seed overall, won my division in a 3-way tie at 10-4...I got the tiebreaker by 10 points. This league has 8 teams in the playoffs, so I take on the 7th seed, and favored to win....but Rodgers' uncertainty could cause me to lose. My backups are Bradford and Tavaris.

JBHuskers
12-16-2010, 01:59 PM
My FINAL fantasy football blog of the season is now up, check it out! Post season blog coming after the holidays

http://tinyurl.com/22v2owu

gschwendt
12-19-2010, 07:48 PM
I go 11-3 in the regular season but lose in the first round of the playoffs :/

Malcolm Floyd was a late scratch so I got zero from him, Terrel Owens was injured early so I got zero from him, and the Bucs defense was poorer than I expected so I got zero from them. Sadly no real production from my bench either.

JBHuskers
12-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah I was 10-4 and lost in the first round....also lost in the semis in my other $ league. Not a good playoff run for me.