PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 15 - Official E3 Gameplay Trailer

cdj
06-09-2014, 03:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTYVT6lwBc&feature=youtu.be

bdoughty
06-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Yawn, another gameplay trailer minus actual gameplay.

CLW
06-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Yawn, another gameplay trailer minus actual gameplay.

Yep. EA doesn't show actual gameplay anymore prior to release.

steelerfan
06-09-2014, 08:46 PM
This game is almost 4 months away. You guys act like it's ready to ship and they're just waiting for the end of September to put it on the shelves.

bdoughty
06-09-2014, 11:31 PM
This game is almost 4 months away. You guys act like it's ready to ship and they're just waiting for the end of September to put it on the shelves.

Plenty of games shown at E3 with gameplay footage that won't be released until 2015 at the earliest. Your point exactly kind sir?

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2014, 12:12 AM
I have to agree with bdoughty. If they can put together some shitty slow motion clip mash up with shitty music, then they could at least manage to give us even just one minute of unedited, uncut, unaltered gameplay footage at regular speed. And if they can't manage then when the game is only 3-4 months away (same timeframe when we started seeing all the various NCAA gameplay videos get released), then something is seriously wrong and fucked up with those games to be unable to manage even that just 3-4 months out from going gold and releasing.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

steelerfan
06-10-2014, 02:24 AM
As someone who has sat in an EA studio and played a title months before release (5, 3 and 2 months, to be exact), you wouldn't want to see it and it would do no good.

CLW
06-11-2014, 09:12 AM
FYI - IGN will have more FIFA 15 today at 1:40 p.m. CST

http://www.ign.com/events/e3

CLW
06-11-2014, 01:31 PM
9 more minutes - If this looks good (and I suspect it will) we should try to revive the TGT Cup/League.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2014, 01:54 PM
I'll be game depending on if it's on PS4. If it's PS3, well, maybe next year. :D

CLW
06-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Nothing really spectacular in the IGN interview.

1. Field degradation - is in the game but has ZERO impact on gameplay

2. Player emotions better

3. More animations added to make game more fluid

I'm sure it will be solid but my prob with the series in general is it is just too easy to score. The IGN video had the D collapsing back trying to protect a lead late (a good tactical decision) but their spacing was AWFUL. There were like 4-5 of the 10 guys in a 5 yard space and noone apparently bothered to follow Messi running into the middle leading to a wide open shot on goal. Of course, they were bailed out by a delayed offsides call.

But the D AI is still pretty suspect.

CLW
06-11-2014, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onvcN0FXk2c

steelerfan
06-26-2014, 09:53 PM
According to GameStop, FIFA 15 will release on September 23.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/fifa-15?cid=eml_10001532

SmoothPancakes
06-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Sounds about right for the typical week of release. NHL out on the 2nd (or 9th at the absolute latest) and FIFA out on the 23rd (or 30th at the absolute latest).

steelerfan
07-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Nothing really spectacular in the IGN interview.

1. Field degradation - is in the game but has ZERO impact on gameplay

2. Player emotions better

3. More animations added to make game more fluid

I'm sure it will be solid but my prob with the series in general is it is just too easy to score. The IGN video had the D collapsing back trying to protect a lead late (a good tactical decision) but their spacing was AWFUL. There were like 4-5 of the 10 guys in a 5 yard space and noone apparently bothered to follow Messi running into the middle leading to a wide open shot on goal. Of course, they were bailed out by a delayed offsides call.

But the D AI is still pretty suspect.

I just, finally, watched the video you posted from IGN. Martin Demichelis is the player in question, regarding the Messi opportunity. What you have to realize is that Demichelis had (on FIFA 14) a Positioning rating of 28. City won with offense, not defense, last season. Not alot of people accuse Martin of being a very sound CB. Just saying.

Additionally, there are sliders for Marking, Line Height and Line Width. Those can be adjusted to close down the spacing you are talking about.

At default, FIFA will always be an offense-driven game because your average goober wants to play six-minute halves (and then complain because there are no bookings or injuries, lol).

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/12098/martin-demichelis/

JBHuskers
07-07-2014, 11:41 AM
And that's why we thank our sliders guru :sf: for his work :nod:

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 12:01 PM
And that's why we thank our sliders guru :sf: for his work :nod:

To me, as someone who spends alot of time messing with sliders and analyzing statistics, the bigger problem in FIFA has been that the CPU closes down constantly from the opening kickoff. That is tougher to overcome from slider perspective. Positioning is an easier issue to address in FIFA.

If you can't get the CPU to sit back and play defense a bit, the game is rushed and you get bad results.

jaymo76
07-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Steeler, now that you have a ps4 are you interested in a FIFA 15 ps4 league this year? If you are I would be interested in getting involved again as I hope to pick the game up sometime this late fall. Last place here I come:D

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Steeler, now that you have a ps4 are you interested in a FIFA 15 ps4 league this year? If you are I would be interested in getting involved again as I hope to pick the game up sometime this late fall. Last place here I come:D

I'd definitely be interested, if there is a "Connected" career mode. Until I know what features they have, I can't really say for sure.

I will definitely be playing GM Connected again this year, on NHL 15, and should have at least 5 users this year. You, of course, are welcome to join that.

CLW
07-07-2014, 04:28 PM

I'm down as it is about the only way I can enjoy/justify purchasing FIFA. I never can find the right set of magic set of sliders to enjoy playing the CPU and the randoms online and FUT just do not interest me in the slightest.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm game for both this and NHL. Plan on getting both on PS4 since there's actually a community here for both games on the PS4 side.

JBHuskers
07-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Tired of being the lone 360 wolf huh? ;)

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Well, it would have been Xbox One wolf this year. But while I'll still spend 99% of my time in sole manager modes, it is nice to jump Into some online play.

jaymo76
07-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Well, it would have been Xbox One wolf this year. But while I'll still spend 99% of my time in sole manager modes, it is nice to jump Into some online play.

Be warned... Steeler and CLW will DESTORY you!!! Trust me as I know this from personal experience. :D

CLW
07-13-2014, 06:28 AM
Be warned... Steeler and CLW will DESTORY you!!! Trust me as I know this from personal experience. :D

Meh Steeler and I aren't that good. There was a guy (who's name alludes me) that was in the initial 2-3 seasons of TGT Cup and he DESTROYED everyone. It was so..... bad he basically was stuck playing with crappy teams while we played with the Bayern Munich's of the world and he would still beat us 3-5 goals a game.

Although I understand soccer from a tactical standpoint (I played the game from Kindergarten through High School) I don't have the stick skills to learn and/or master any of the dribbling moves so I'm forced to pretty much beat everyone via possession and passing the ball around all over the place until the defense breaks down giving me an opening for a shot.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2014, 06:42 AM
I'm the same way. I still have no clue when it comes to dribbling moves. My offense consists of possession, sprints and LOTS of passes.

jaymo76
07-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Meh Steeler and I aren't that good. There was a guy (who's name alludes me) that was in the initial 2-3 seasons of TGT Cup and he DESTROYED everyone. It was so..... bad he basically was stuck playing with crappy teams while we played with the Bayern Munich's of the world and he would still beat us 3-5 goals a game.

Although I understand soccer from a tactical standpoint (I played the game from Kindergarten through High School) I don't have the stick skills to learn and/or master any of the dribbling moves so I'm forced to pretty much beat everyone via possession and passing the ball around all over the place until the defense breaks down giving me an opening for a shot.

Oh yeah forgot about him. Let's not invite him next time. :D

CLW
07-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah forgot about him. Let's not invite him next time. :D

:nod: Signed the 3x (i believe) defending champ. :nod:

Oneback
07-14-2014, 04:37 PM
I'd be down for joining, I've owned FIFA 14 for all of a week and have never played soccer in my life but I have fun playing the game, just not very good at it - but willing to learn.