PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome Users - I just made a script!

JBHuskers
08-15-2010, 02:04 PM
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83724

Click install....this will enable you to hit CTRL-B CTRL-I CTRL-U for bold, italics, and underline on the forums and etc.

JBHuskers
08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
test test

cdj
08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Works!

JBHuskers
08-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Works!

That degree comes in handy every once in a while :D

SmoothPancakes
08-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Nice! Already installed and it will work wonders when I get my Navy dynasty rolling again and resume typing up those reports.

JBHuskers
08-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Nice! Already installed and it will work wonders when I get my Navy dynasty rolling again and resume typing up those reports.

I'm glad it works for you, can't believe I didn't think of trying to actively do this earlier. This was something I wanted DAY ONE of installing Chrome. You don't know how happy I am to get this working.

JBHuskers
08-15-2010, 08:48 PM
If there is anything you want me to "try" to add to the script, let me know.

JeffHCross
08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I don't trust you. :rolleyes:

JBHuskers
08-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I don't trust you. :rolleyes:

:D fine LOL I trust me and happy I did it.

CLW
08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
LOL O.K. I'm dumb and just recently started using Chrome on my home laptop. How does this stuff work for the cpu illiterate?

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
LOL O.K. I'm dumb and just recently started using Chrome on my home laptop. How does this stuff work for the cpu illiterate?

It's basically Javascript code that will install into your Chrome browser (you can disable or delete it at anytime through the tools/extensions part). I edited this code that someone wrote for HTML editing purposes to make it fit for forum purposes. That way CTRL - B makes bold and etc.

Go to this link - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83724

Click install, and you may have to restart your browser....and after that you'll be able to use the CTRL keys for B U and I .... those are the only ones I edited code for, but I can reedit anything that you think could be handy and reupload the script.

CLW
08-16-2010, 12:01 PM
It's basically Javascript code that will install into your Chrome browser (you can disable or delete it at anytime through the tools/extensions part). I edited this code that someone wrote for HTML editing purposes to make it fit for forum purposes. That way CTRL - B makes bold and etc.

Go to this link - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83724

Click install, and you may have to restart your browser....and after that you'll be able to use the CTRL keys for B U and I .... those are the only ones I edited code for, but I can reedit anything that you think could be handy and reupload the script.

So... once installed when I am at any forms I just hit Ctrl B and it will add the [B] boxes?

Cool. The more the merrier I say. I use allot of Tables (Ctrl T?) Video (Ctrl V) and Photos/Images (Ctrl P?)

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
So... once installed when I am at any forms I just hit Ctrl B and it will add the [B] boxes?

Cool. The more the merrier I say. I use allot of Tables (Ctrl T?) Video (Ctrl V) and Photos/Images (Ctrl P?)

yep it will add the beginning and ending boxes and the cursor will be in the middle of them.