PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 15 - Open Letter from Sean O'Brien

cdj
06-05-2014, 01:59 PM
NBA Live EP Sean O'Brien provides an update on the game (http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news-updates-gameplay/article/e3-open-letter?utm_campaign=nba15-social-global-ic-tw-e3-openletter-060514-tw-img-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=nba15-social-global-ic-tw-e3-openletter-060514-tw-img-site-ramp&cid=22212&ts=1401991888021). Gameplay info to come in July, with additional info in August and September.

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Image/NewsArticle/nba-live-15-open-letter-header_656x369.jpg

Sean O’Brien is the Executive Producer for NBA LIVE 15, available October 7 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Sean has spent more than a decade working on basketball titles at EA SPORTS.

Hey NBA LIVE fans…it’s been a while since you heard from us, so I felt it was time to give you a little insight into what our team’s been working on over the last few months. First and foremost, I’m proud to announce that NBA LIVE 15 will be available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on October 7. We’re looking forward to delivering a great game that we think you’ll really enjoy, all in time for the start of the next NBA season.

As I’ve said previously, we know we fell short in two major areas with NBA LIVE 14. 5-on-5 gameplay didn’t have the depth and polish of an EA SPORTS game and our visuals just weren’t up to expectations for a next-gen title. We’ve been laser-focused on making sure that this isn’t the case with NBA LIVE 15 and I’m really excited with our progress in those two areas.

If you’ve been following our website and social channels over the last several months, you’ve likely seen the behind-the-scenes photos of our head scans with several NBA players. We’ve scanned a majority of the league, and the new player heads, combined with refined player models and new lighting, makes our characters look really amazing. I’m looking forward to sharing more details in the next few weeks, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with everything we’ve done with our visuals this cycle.

We’ve also seen some great progress with gameplay that makes the experience more realistic and, most importantly, more fun with a much better overall flow. We want teams to play just like their real-world counterparts, and to that end we’ve spent a lot of time this season talking with NBA coaches to better understand their schemes and philosophies, which we can then implement in-game. Another equally important area of focus is improving flow and responsiveness in every area where you touch the ball, and we feel that shooting, passing and dribbling all feel much better this year.

We have very lofty goals for NBA LIVE 15, and we knew that the most important thing we could do to improve our chances for achieving these goals was to put our heads down and work as hard as possible with minimal distractions. With that in mind, let me give you some insight into our plans to release assets for the game.

We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Last but not least, I want to take a moment to thank all of our loyal fans who continue to believe in us. Your feedback, encouragement and positivity is genuinely appreciated and has helped further motivate our team to make really big strides this year. You all are the heartbeat of this franchise, and I can’t wait to share with you how far we’ve come. It’s going to be a great year, and we can’t wait to get back out on the floor.

CLW
06-05-2014, 05:31 PM
They did a similar mea culpa before the release of 14 did they not? Its nice to acknowledge failure(s) but if you don't have the talent to deliver what difference does it make?

jaymo76
06-05-2014, 08:14 PM
The game fell short in more than two areas... dynasty should be added to the list. More depth is needed IMO.

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2014, 08:44 PM
SLIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

cdj
06-05-2014, 08:47 PM
They did a similar mea culpa before the release of 14 did they not? Its nice to acknowledge failure(s) but if you don't have the talent to deliver what difference does it make?

Yes and they also had a similar blog saying we would see gameplay footage over the summer, but that never materialized.

However, without having to start the game virtually over again (llike they did for Elite 11, Live 13, and Live 14), I'm expecting a big leap in Live 15 and that they won't keep it under wraps until after release like last year.