PDA

View Full Version : Week 12, 2010

Oneback
08-14-2010, 07:13 AM
=============== #21 Oklahoma Sooners (7-3) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 28-24 against USC (8-1).
This week, the Sooners are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Joe King has committed to LSU
- (***) ROLB Harold Wilson has committed to Georgia
- (***) WR Chris Clark has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) WR Tyson Harrison has committed to Texas
- (***) LT Carlos Noel has committed to Oklahoma
- (***) SS Anthony Lumpkin has committed to Oklahoma
- (****) TE Corey Parsons has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #23 Clemson Tigers (8-2) ===============
Last week, Clemson lost 34-28 against Florida State (10-0).
This week, the Tigers travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-5).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) HB Dallas Dudley has committed to Clemson

=============== #5 Florida State Seminoles (10-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 34-28 against Clemson (8-2).
This week, the Seminoles travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (5-5).

=============== #15 Miami Hurricanes (8-2) ===============
Last week, Miami won 26-21 against Georgia Tech (6-4).
This week, the Hurricanes will host #4 Virginia Tech (10-0).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Isaiah Smith has committed to South Carolina
- (***) QB Brent Paris has committed to Miami
- (**) P Joel Jones has committed to Miami
- (***) MLB Adam Wright has committed to Miami
- (***) MLB Mike McMahan has committed to Miami
- (***) CB Doug Richardson has committed to Miami

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (10-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 42-21 against Purdue (4-6).
This week, the Wolverines will host #2 Wisconsin (9-0).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT Logan Cooper has committed to Michigan

=============== #25 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State lost 31-28 against Penn State (9-1).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (6-4).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Edward Whitlock has committed to Ohio State

=============== #10 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 31-28 against Ohio State (8-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (4-6).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Marvin Scott has committed to Pittsburgh
- (****) WR Anthony Brown has committed to Penn State
- (****) QB Ernest Goins has committed to Penn State
- (****) FS Matt Johnson has committed to LSU
- (***) K Henry Marks has committed to USC

=============== #20 Texas Tech Red Raiders (8-2) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech won 69-55 against Oklahoma State (3-7).
This week, the Red Raiders travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (2-8).
In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Roderick Davis has committed to UTEP
- (***) LOLB Donta Brown has committed to Texas Tech

=============== #9 USC Trojans (8-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 28-24 against Oklahoma (7-3).
This week, the Trojans travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (5-4).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) K Henry Marks has committed to USC

=============== #4 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 34-31 against North Carolina (3-7).
This week, the Hokies travel to Miami to face the #15 Miami Hurricanes (8-2).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Justin Payne has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (10-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 35-10 against UCLA (2-8).
This week, the Longhorns are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (9-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 38-10 against Indiana (4-6).
This week, the Badgers travel to Ann Arbor to face the #3 Michigan Wolverines (10-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Justin Payne has committed to Wisconsin

Oneback
08-14-2010, 07:15 AM
NCAA Rushing Title Update:

Ryan Williams - 1,494
Eddie George - 1,438
Michael Cox - 1,382
Demarco Murry - 1,316

Oneback
08-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Looking at the BCS rankings it looks as though whomever is the winner of the Michigan v. Wisconsin game may take over the number 1 ranking. Texas is sitting at a 1.000 with Michigan and Wisconsin right behind at 0.992. The win will give Wisconsin a win over a top 10 team (Michigan #5-8) and a Michigan win will give them wins over two top 10 teams (Wisconsin #5-8 and Penn State #9).

Things are getting interesting!

Iron Dragon
08-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Thank god, we're actually over 5 commits now, but still missing a five-star since we've been jobbed by two on soft commits and then they go elsewhere.

My defense had their best performance last week, our offense has done well this year with the #7 passer, #4 rusher and #1 reciever (I believe).

gschwendt
08-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Oneback, Sunday at 9pm should work just fine. I'll text you if for some reason that changes.

JeffHCross
08-14-2010, 08:57 AM
The hell? I got a commit from Whitlock?

Recruiting just gets stranger and stranger. I moved into his #1 in Week 11, and pumped an hour into him ... but had no reason to believe he was going to commit. He certainly didn't over the call.

I'm now done with recruiting until the offseason, lol.

texacotea
08-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Skip whats sunday night look like for you?

JeffHCross
08-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Ohio State rolls over Iowa, 35-7. It wasn't even that close, though 14 points off turnovers late in the game helped it look more like a blowout. The Hawkeyes lone score was a 74-yd TD that Adam Robinson broke 3 tackles, then a gang tackle, to score.

The Hawkeyes did not enter the red zone all game. The Buckeyes were 5/5 on TDs from it.

George adds 186 yards and 2 TDs.

fsuprime
08-14-2010, 12:14 PM
im so happy UF is 5-5 with a game against FCS SE and FSU left, wish they were not bowl eligible but sending them to a 6-6 record will be nice.

FSU beats UMD 48-12, UMDs RB did go for 124 on 21 carries with 9 broken tackles

skipwondah33
08-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Skip whats sunday night look like for you?

I'm good after 7 est just let me know whats good for you.

Kingpin32
08-14-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm really tired of these shootouts. Tech wins 59-55 after a touchdown pass to Lyle Leong with 7 seconds left on the clock.

Oneback
08-15-2010, 12:04 PM
g, I may or may not be able to play tonight. My wifes sister who just graduated from Alabama and moved back to the metroplex had a fight with her father (living at home with the parents) last night, spent the night here last night and may again tonight. If that happens I will probably have to postpone until Monday. I don't want to but I may be forced to. Let me know when you get back in town and I will let you know my situation.

psuexv
08-15-2010, 02:49 PM
USC chokes in Corvallis 27-21. It was like real life USC football. Big win the week before and can't get it together against the Beavers. I couldn't stop their offense. No matter what I did Rodgers ran all over me and when he wasn't their WRs were wide open. Tried a number of different defenses and nothing worked... I even tried letting Corso suggesting plays for a series and they tore that up.

Did have a chance to win it in the end. Drove down to the 30 down by 6 late in the 4th and Barkely overthrew a wide open Prater... missed him by like 15 yards and threw it right to the FS.

Should still end up #2 in the Pac10 but don't know if I'll get the Rose Bowl bid.

texacotea
08-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Skip, lets shoot for 830pm est. That will give me time to put the little one down. you cantext me if needed 8645614383

psusnoop
08-15-2010, 05:45 PM
USC chokes in Corvallis 27-21. It was like real life USC football. Big win the week before and can't get it together against the Beavers. I couldn't stop their offense. No matter what I did Rodgers ran all over me and when he wasn't their WRs were wide open. Tried a number of different defenses and nothing worked... I even tried letting Corso suggesting plays for a series and they tore that up.

Did have a chance to win it in the end. Drove down to the 30 down by 6 late in the 4th and Barkely overthrew a wide open Prater... missed him by like 15 yards and threw it right to the FS.

Should still end up #2 in the Pac10 but don't know if I'll get the Rose Bowl bid.

Those Beavers have always had the Trojans number.

Tough loss bud, looks like you have so work to do to get that program back on Top after Petey's recruiting policies.

JeffHCross
08-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Oneback, just FYI, but no real rush (at least from my end) on getting Week 12 in. I think it'll be Wednesday or so before I'm available to play against you for Week 13. So if you need some extra time for Week 12, don't feel rushed because of Week 13.

gschwendt
08-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Oneback, just set you a text. I can go tonight but if you can't, no problem. I can go tomorrow night as well.

fsuprime
08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
tell your sister in law to make u a sandwhich...jk, im in no rush to play skip and his rb.

texacotea
08-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Skip you around???

psusnoop
08-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I'll be getting my game against Indiana in tonight at some point.

skipwondah33
08-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Skip you around???

Sorry about that man didn't see your post until this morning. Had a pretty hectic day yesterday.

I can go this evening after 6:30 est. Just let me know when your free and we can make it happen.

texacotea
08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
What about 830pm est?

skipwondah33
08-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Works for me :thumbsup:

Oneback
08-16-2010, 01:28 PM
I am ready for you g:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/720/side1cn.jpg

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/8413/side2j.jpg

skipwondah33
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
lol

well I'd say thats being prepared.

texacotea
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
That looks good. Hook you mind sending me a copy or something I could go by? johnson_brent@cat.com

Oneback
08-16-2010, 04:55 PM
I'll sent the template I made without all the plays.

texacotea
08-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I'll sent the template I made without all the plays.

thank u sir

skipwondah33
08-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Hokies defeat the Canes in OT 34-31.

The Hokies didn't look good earlier falling to a 17-3 deficit early in the 2nd quarter. I attribute that to serious Madden rust and a very good Canes team.

Tyrod Taylor settled down and threw for 350 yards and 3 scores but also threw 4 picks with 1 being a pick 6 in the endzone but a DT/DE.

The Hokies would have 2 mins left in the 4th to tie the game up, on one play the Hokies got lucky as the Canes defender dropped a pick that would have ended the game. Soon after Williams would take it in for the tie. In OT the Canes would have first shot, on 3rd down they would go for the endzone but the ball would be almost picked by a VT defender. The Cand would attempt a FG from the 25 but it bounced off the crossbar

VT would kick the GW field goal to win

Great game Tea an good luck rest of the way
game film will be up tomorrow sometime

texacotea
08-16-2010, 10:16 PM
yea def a good game. That pick dropped in the endzone would have sealed the deal. Did shut Williams down for you Oneback. The Canes did lose Cooper for 4 weeks which makes the end of this season looking very good. AJ highsmith struggles and hurts bad not having Harris is a big deal

skipwondah33
08-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Damn iPhone text is tough sometimes, my post looked terrible grammer wise lol

fsuprime
08-16-2010, 11:40 PM
go play alot more madden skip

Oneback
08-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Michigan pulls a 31-24 win out of thin air. Not sure how though. Tate Forcier missed half of the 3rd and most of the 4th but came back to make a huge throw to win the game.

I'm still nervous from the 2.5 games we played (had to play three games to get through an entire game)...great game as always g....I hope that o-line of yours and Clay graduate, they are a load to deal with.

Oneback
08-16-2010, 11:44 PM
I assume since we have been at this since Friday and Iron has a off week he is ready to go, so I am advancing.

skipwondah33
08-17-2010, 07:27 AM
go play alot more madden skip

I probably will, I only play NCAA for this OD so if I'm not playing the CPU or you guys then this game likely won't get played unfortunately lol