PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 15 First Info, Release Date, Trailer, Cover Vote & More

Pages : [1] 2

CLW
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLlfmaCfmDY

cdj
04-28-2014, 12:18 PM
More info should be made available today, but the Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote (http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote) will begin in 10 days, on May 8.

UPDATE - MADDEN NFL 15 AVAILABLE ON AUGUST 26 (http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-15-release-date)

Madden NFL 15 will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. The first Madden NFL 15 video, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly, can be seen below.

Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game.

Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

This year EA is once again collaborating with ESPN to give fans the opportunity to select which player will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In light of last year’s record-breaking vote, fans can look forward to a highly-competitive contest featuring some big-name matchups and intense rivalries. Fans can tune in to the NFL Draft on ESPN and NFL Network on May 8 at 8pm ET for a special Cover Vote announcement.

Madden NFL 15 is available Tuesday, August 26. Click here to pre-order, and join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.

CLW
04-28-2014, 12:30 PM
More info should be made available today, but the Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote (http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote) will begin in 10 days, on May 8.

UPDATE - MADDEN NFL 15 AVAILABLE ON AUGUST 26 (http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-15-release-date)

Madden NFL 15 will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. The first Madden NFL 15 video, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly, can be seen below.

Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game.

Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

This year EA is once again collaborating with ESPN to give fans the opportunity to select which player will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In light of last year’s record-breaking vote, fans can look forward to a highly-competitive contest featuring some big-name matchups and intense rivalries. Fans can tune in to the NFL Draft on ESPN and NFL Network on May 8 at 8pm ET for a special Cover Vote announcement.

Madden NFL 15 is available Tuesday, August 26. Click here to pre-order, and join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.

IF true and EA actually delivers a balanced or even slightly defensive sided game of football I could see myself actually purchasing this now that the NCAA series is toast. However, until I see it I won't believe it.

SmoothPancakes
04-28-2014, 01:07 PM
My guess is EA over does it like usual and it 90% defense in games, where you either have to exploit or be lucky as shit to dominate on offense.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Yeah, it makes me shudders every time they mention they focused on a core element of football (trick plays, wide open game play, etc...) because that generally means we've just got a sneak peak at what's going to be the problem.

There's really no more excuses for the broken game play, though. You've got these current gen systems that are WAY more powerful than past gen and capable of way more intelligent AI.

Not like I care, it's the only football game so I'll buy it anyway (or get it for free by winning the GS tournament like I have the past 5 or 6 years :D).

skipwondah33
04-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Defense actually important and could be overpowered! Giving you a chance to actually stop someone?

I'll take it.

JBHuskers
04-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Defense actually important and could be overpowered! Giving you a chance to actually stop someone?

I'll take it.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/clintcatalyst/Comment%20Responses/tumblr_lx8fk3SDgy1qhrr12o1_500.gif

cdj
04-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Some duplicate and additional game info courtesy (who else) GameStop (http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/madden-nfl-2015/113707):

Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history. With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game. Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals. Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2014, 03:02 PM

I'll take it.

If you want to see overpowered defense, think back to NCAA '08 on 360/PS3 minus the also overpowered triple option. It's just as bad as there being no defense. There needs to be balance. Zones need to work correctly. Man needs to work correctly. The AI needs to be smarter. Blitz angles need to be corrected. The pass rush also needs beefed up.

It also needs to be able to be beaten by good play calling and good reads.

CLW
04-28-2014, 03:05 PM
If you want to see overpowered defense, think back to NCAA '08 on 360/PS3 minus the also overpowered triple option. It's just as bad as there being no defense. There needs to be balance. Zones need to work correctly. Man needs to work correctly. The AI needs to be smarter. Blitz angles need to be corrected. The pass rush also needs beefed up.

It also needs to be able to be beaten by good play calling and good reads.

Was 08 the game with 15 turnovers a game? INTs and fumbles galore (especially when it rained/snowed).

Rudy
04-28-2014, 04:13 PM
I think the improved pass rush tools are going to be good and long overdue. We've had very little control over the types of moves we have. It would be nice if there was almost a mini game counter system as well but I don't think they would go that far. I like the presentation aspects as well.

Rudy
04-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Madden has a short turn around time for their game this year with the late next gen release and patches. I wonder how different this year will be and if the PS3 will get the same improvements.

bdoughty
04-28-2014, 05:59 PM
with dramatic all-new camera angles

How about a customizable camera, so we can play the game how we see fit? Also, please put the defensive player lock from NCAA in the game.

P.S. Stop half assing snow games.

http://youtu.be/GKZnYkY1uXk?t=1m15s

Rudy
04-28-2014, 06:08 PM
How about a customizable camera, so we can play the game how we see fit? Also, please put the defensive player lock from NCAA in the game.

They mentioned player lock and with some NCAA guys working for Madden I'm hoping co-ordinator cam makes it too. I do think Madden's default cam was way better than NCAA.

bdoughty
04-28-2014, 06:13 PM
They mentioned player lock and with some NCAA guys working for Madden I'm hoping co-ordinator cam makes it too. I do think Madden's default cam was way better than NCAA.

I wanted to use zoom with Madden 25 but you get some funky graphical glitches on the XB1. I was pretty happy with the default.

jaymo76
04-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Was 08 the game with 15 turnovers a game? INTs and fumbles galore (especially when it rained/snowed).

Yup... IMO the worst NCAA game ever!!! Non-stop picks from psychic DB's and "leaping LB's." Since Madden 25 still has far, far too many int's this heightened D is worrisome. I hope they addressed the int issue to balance this out.

I OU a Beatn
04-28-2014, 07:56 PM

Yes, awful game. The only way to move the ball was to chuck bombs or run triple option, which was broken. People would actually run that instead of a hail mary at the end of the half/game. Anything thrown over the middle was a pick and you literally had like 3 seconds to throw the ball against a regular old 4 man rush.

I've been preaching it for years. Balance is the key. Play calling should matter. Defensive AI needs more intelligence.

bdoughty
04-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Yes, awful game. The only way to move the ball was to chuck bombs or run triple option, which was broken. People would actually run that instead of a hail mary at the end of the half/game. Anything thrown over the middle was a pick and you literally had like 3 seconds to throw the ball against a regular old 4 man rush.

We had a small NCAA 08 league and it was amusing how many house rules we had to employ just to make it look like a football game. Not only all the issues above but you were almost guaranteed to have one or two kickoffs returned for a TD each game. We kinda saw that coming when there was an achievement for it. :fp:

Edit: And do not forget the delay when trying to kick online. That cost me a few games.

JBHuskers
04-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Sounds like the release date is August 26th. My birthday :))

skipwondah33
04-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Yup... IMO the worst NCAA game ever!!! Non-stop picks from psychic DB's and "leaping LB's." Since Madden 25 still has far, far too many int's this heightened D is worrisome. I hope they addressed the int issue to balance this out.I never thought it was the super leaping ability that was the issue but rather the trajectory the ball takes.

Trajectory is still an issue where you cannot place the ball substantially over a defenders head or that is needed on a certain type of pass. For example wanting to throw to the pylon..where literally no one but your WR has a shot at the ball. Even to this day the ball will likely be 2-3 yards short and take a nose dive type effect where the CB can intercept it. And this happens whether a defender is there or not.

But back to the Leaping issue since back then. I had videos of then and versions after, where the actual LB's never got more than 2 feet off the ground. Standing flat foot the ball always appeared no more than literally extending their arm in the air. The jumping just made it look more dramatic but in actuality based on the low trajectory of the ball inches away from their helmets, the passes could have been picked off standing still. Mind you the passes were intended for guys 15-20 yards behind the actual defender.

And this issue still remains today.

Rudy
04-29-2014, 08:16 PM
I totally agree - trajectory is an issue that causes some routes to be a worse. Vertical spacing suffers at times. The fade route is one of them.

cdj
04-29-2014, 08:31 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?785-Madden-NFL-15-First-Info-Release-Date-Trailer-More

jaymo76
04-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Sad to see they are milking the cover vote again. I figured that they were moving on from this approach. As to the release date... I think this is another bad move. No NCAA means they should move this game up to beginning of August. As it stands now, Madden, NHL and FIFA all come out within a few weeks of each other. This was a great opportunity to space things out.

jaymo76
04-29-2014, 11:28 PM
As per pastapadre:

♦New player lock camera angles.
♦New pass rush tools.
♦New open-field tackling mechanics.
♦Smarter AI.
♦Enhanced on-field graphics.
♦In-depth player profiles.
♦New crowd-sourced play calling system (coach suggestions, community picks, concept plays).
♦Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows.

bdoughty
04-30-2014, 01:00 AM
Sad to see they are milking the cover vote again. I figured that they were moving on from this approach. As to the release date... I think this is another bad move. No NCAA means they should move this game up to beginning of August. As it stands now, Madden, NHL and FIFA all come out within a few weeks of each other. This was a great opportunity to space things out.

Have to disagree. They had to push to get Madden out for the next gen systems in mid to late November. Throw in having to support the game after the release, tying up a chunk of your staff into the New Year. So they are working on a very short cycle as it is.

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2014, 05:21 AM

Have to disagree. They had to push to get Madden out for the next gen systems in mid to late November. Throw in having to support the game after the release, tying up a chunk of your staff into the New Year. So they are working on a very short cycle as it is.

Well, they better go back to early August then next year, because when I am making a choice between Madden, NHL and FIFA, I'll take NHL and FIFA every single time. NHL and FIFA I always know the level of product to expect and what will be released. Madden, who the hell knows what we may get from year to year.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.

steelerfan
04-30-2014, 06:20 AM
In the most likely scenario, the only football game I will be buying this Fall is FIFA 15. Although PES 15 is a slight possibility. I'll buy FIFA and NHL 15 without a doubt. Madden? Not likely, unless I see big changes.

JBHuskers
04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
As per pastapadre:

♦New player lock camera angles.
♦New pass rush tools.
♦New open-field tackling mechanics.
♦Smarter AI.
♦Enhanced on-field graphics.
♦In-depth player profiles.
♦New crowd-sourced play calling system (coach suggestions, community picks, concept plays).
♦Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows.

I think he got those from the leaked Gamestop details.

GatorfanStovy
04-30-2014, 09:36 PM
I"ll still get Madden since I do enjoy soccer. NHL would be awesome.I dunno understand how they do so well with NHL but not Madden. I mean they are some company :fp: but hopefulyl we see big chances come August! I know that I was impressed with a rental here this. The graphics and different running style made a huge jump from 360 IMO.If August wasn't so close I'd madden 25 for x1 but I'll just wait know. A rental do me just good to see the changes and enjoy for a week.

jaymo76
04-30-2014, 09:49 PM

To say they pushed it out is a stretch IMO. Tiburon is on the record multiple times as stating this game was in full development for two years. Patches were minimal at best and many of the features were not fixed (eg. the pink captain patches for ALL rookies, etc.). Plus with madden gobbling up the NCAA team and splitting them between two versions of Madden 15 time should not at all be a factor or issue.

Five years ago I would be willing to buy madden, NHL and FIFA. Now with one game at the end of August and two in mid September I just am not willing or able to drop $180 + tax within less than one month's time for three video games. The cost and time commitment do not make it possible. August was a great time to get into football as the summer is in full swing. The last week of August through to the end of September is a very busy time for me with work, family, etc.

jaymo76
04-30-2014, 09:50 PM
I think he got those from the leaked Gamestop details.

Yes, you're correct on that. I should have mentioned that as well.

gschwendt
04-30-2014, 10:37 PM
I"ll still get Madden since I do enjoy soccer. NHL would be awesome.I dunno understand how they do so well with NHL but not Madden. I mean they are some company :fp: but hopefulyl we see big chances come August! I know that I was impressed with a rental here this. The graphics and different running style made a huge jump from 360 IMO.If August wasn't so close I'd madden 25 for x1 but I'll just wait know. A rental do me just good to see the changes and enjoy for a week.

Serious question... when you go back and read that, does it make complete sense to you?

bdoughty
05-01-2014, 02:36 AM
To say they pushed it out is a stretch IMO. Tiburon is on the record multiple times as stating this game was in full development for two years. Patches were minimal at best and many of the features were not fixed (eg. the pink captain patches for ALL rookies, etc.). Plus with madden gobbling up the NCAA team and splitting them between two versions of Madden 15 time should not at all be a factor or issue.

Five years ago I would be willing to buy madden, NHL and FIFA. Now with one game at the end of August and two in mid September I just am not willing or able to drop $180 + tax within less than one month's time for three video games. The cost and time commitment do not make it possible. August was a great time to get into football as the summer is in full swing. The last week of August through to the end of September is a very busy time for me with work, family, etc.

We both played Madden 25 on next gen and it could have used a few more months years of development. Though that could be said about every Madden since Madden 05/06 on the PS2/Xbox.

The first college games start the last week of August and the first NFL games start in September. That is when football is in full swing, at least for me (I skip preseason games in Madden and in real life). I know the CFL starts in the Summer and pigskin fever cranks up months earlier in the Great White North. No cure other than to move to the US, where nobody cares about the CFL, most people despise soccer and hockey is only considered fun if you go to a game.

bdoughty
05-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Serious question... when you go back and read that, does it make complete sense to you?

http://i.imgur.com/w35YLy1.png

steelerfan
05-01-2014, 03:47 AM
:D

Rudy
05-01-2014, 04:50 AM

I don't enjoy soccer. Maybe that means I won't enjoy Madden?

I do think with NCAA gone Madden should be bumped back up a couple weeks. I know they may like the hype of football season starting and updated rosters are easier to manage later on but it also means if there are any major flaws we have to wait 4-6 weeks for the first meaningful patch which is now at the end of September or early October. That sucks. If the game released in the first half of August it would help in this area.

I do think the dev cycle is limited for next gen this year. They did release next gen late so I'm not expecting huge changes for Madden this time. I'll be curious to see how much effort they split between the PS3 and PS4 versions.

JBHuskers
05-01-2014, 09:10 AM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/GIFS/retarded-boy_zps64799dba.gif

cdj
05-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Cover vote now underway at:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote

bdoughty
05-08-2014, 09:00 PM

#nolinemennovote

CLW
05-08-2014, 09:22 PM

VERY weak bracket this year.

SmoothPancakes
05-08-2014, 11:15 PM
No point in voting. The loud mouth douchebag from Seattle is going to win, guaranteed.

They also need to go back to the one player from every team voting. Some teams never get a shot of getting their player on the cover, there were some players in years past when they did those big brackets, that I would have liked to see win. Go back to the 32 (or even 64) player brackets and stop fucking over fans from half of the teams in the league.

cdj
05-09-2014, 01:46 PM
No point in voting. The loud mouth from Seattle is going to win, guaranteed.

I hope not, but I think only Kaep, Newton, & Luck have a shot to slow him down. Then again, start hoping the 'anti-Sherman' votes roll in.

The NFL might not be happy if Sherman wins given his latest comments regarding the league (http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/05/07/seahawks-richard-sherman-nfl-wouldnt-ban-a-racist-owner/).

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 01:52 PM
No point in voting. The loud mouth douchebag from Seattle is going to win, guaranteed.

Yeah there isn't much room left on that Seattle bandwagon.

cdj
05-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Voting Update:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BntBaAsCcAAo6K3.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Well, Denver is out of the cover running, so my interest is pretty much zero now. About the only to keep me voting for now is to vote every round for the player matched up against the Seattle Douchebag.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Kuechly or Graham would be my top two that I'd want on.

Rudy
05-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Some of those guys had no chance as though EA rigged the first round. Hilton, AMorris, A.Brown, Foles? No way.

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 11:02 AM
I definitely voted for Jeffery.

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 01:40 PM
News that Smooth doesn't want to hear....

souljahbill
05-16-2014, 05:03 PM
1) The Saints are my hometown team and I don't like Jimmy Graham.

2) I love bravado so I'm all about Sherman winning. Don't you EVER put mediocre players in a bracket against the best!

jaymo76
05-16-2014, 05:49 PM
If I cared, it would be either Keuchly or Charles... that's if I cared. Note to EA, please end these cover votes next year...

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 06:51 PM
They'll never end. Too much pub.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

jaymo76
05-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Damn falling Canadian dollar!!! It looks like Madden 15 on ps4 is jumping up to $69.99 in Canada. When the US/Canadian dollar are close games are the same price but when the dollar is .91c we get a $10 increase... what...a...joke!!!

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Damn! Screw that.

jaymo76
05-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Damn! Screw that.

Yup... I see some cross border shopping in the near future.

Rudy
05-18-2014, 10:49 PM
I think $5 is fair. A $10 boost stinks though.

GatorfanStovy
05-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Damn if Sherman wins. I might have to a custom cover to cover up his dumb ass. He will win tho. Too many Seatle fans out there right now.

souljahbill
05-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Damn falling Canadian dollar!!! It looks like Madden 15 on ps4 is jumping up to $69.99 in Canada. When the US/Canadian dollar are close games are the same price but when the dollar is .91c we get a $10 increase... what...a...joke!!!

It's offset by your cheap meds that we import.

cdj
05-22-2014, 07:20 PM
We are down to the final four:

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10363822_10152415547318756_1059869832146730015_n.j pg

GatorfanStovy
05-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Frick ck doesn't have a chance. Damn Sherman/Seahawk fans. Y all vote for ck.

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Thank god I currently have no plans to buy Madden 15. I don't think I could go all year having to look at that douchebag's face every time I play the game.

Rudy
05-22-2014, 08:22 PM
In all seriousness, Sherman is the best player in that group. And EA would love for people to talk about him as the cover boy. Free pub.

CLW
05-22-2014, 09:54 PM
I just find it odd that 2 of the greatest QBs of all-time (Brady and Manning) have never once graced the cover.

JBHuskers
05-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Honestly I'd prefer Sherman here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

Rudy
05-23-2014, 04:57 AM
I just find it odd that 2 of the greatest QBs of all-time (Brady and Manning) have never once graced the cover.

I'm assuming every player has to agree to a contract before the tourney in case they win. I wonder if they wouldn't accept the terms?

skipwondah33
05-23-2014, 07:31 AM
They both decline to be on covers

Manning only did NFL Fever and that was early into his career.

May be similar to Belehick never appearing or his name typically not shown in games. In the past anyway.

On another note I don't care who makes the cover. I forget who is on the cover a week after having the game because the disc stays in the console. That and eventually the start up screen becomes the "push start" screen for me because that's only thing I'm looking at.

steelerfan
05-24-2014, 02:18 AM
On another note I don't care who makes the cover. I forget who is on the cover a week after having the game because the disc stays in the console. That and eventually the start up screen becomes the "push start" screen for me because that's only thing I'm looking at.

This!

cdj
06-02-2014, 12:57 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10173571_10152434493443756_2391704813735923191_n.j pg

GatorfanStovy
06-02-2014, 02:44 PM
God Damn it Sherman. Oh well. I'll start looking around for custom covers. Newton doesn't have a chance.

souljahbill
06-02-2014, 02:54 PM
God Damn it Sherman. Oh well. I'll start looking around for custom covers. Newton doesn't have a chance.

That's what happens when your competition is http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/03/ty5utusu.jpg

CLW
06-02-2014, 04:43 PM
That's what happens when your competition is http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/03/ty5utusu.jpg

Or when the best players in the league aren't even in the bracket to determine the cover athlete. (AP, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Megatron, Watt, Willis, Revis, etc....)

jaymo76
06-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Thank goodness that the cover vote is over. I have never cared for these before but this was the first year I didn't vote nor followed the results. Now with this fluff out of the way we can get some real info!!!!!

Deuce
06-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Thank goodness that the cover vote is over. I have never cared for these before but this was the first year I didn't vote nor followed the results. Now with this fluff out of the way we can get some real info!!!!!

:+1:

Hoping I can get into Madden since NCAA is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rudy
06-02-2014, 09:34 PM
The cover vote candidates were weak this year.

gschwendt
06-02-2014, 09:48 PM
I think it was pretty much setup for Cam or Sherman to win it.

souljahbill
06-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Or when the best players in the league aren't even in the bracket to determine the cover athlete. (AP, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Megatron, Watt, Willis, Revis, etc....)

So I was right. The competition is mediocre at best.

skipwondah33
06-03-2014, 01:26 PM
This has more to do with who is marketable more so than anything as well probably.

And to the players that sign up for or agree to it. Not everyone is available for it although it may seem that way.

Rudy
06-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Visuals and presentation: http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/06/09/madden-nfl-15-hands-on-presentation-visuals-impressions/

New tackling
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/new-feature-tackling-mechanic?utm_campaign=mad15-social-global-ic-tw-features-tacklingmechanic-060914-tw-img-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=mad15-social-global-ic-tw-features-tacklingmechanic-060914-tw-img-site-ramp&cid=22378&ts=1402347029567

War in trenches 2
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/new-feature-defensive-line

Rudy
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Gameplay interview
http://www.operationsports.com/features/1877/madden-nfl-15-in-depth-gameplay-interview-with-rex-dickson/

Love hearing about more accurate QB accuracy and a defensive camera!

Deuce
06-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Yes! The QB accuracy will hopefully be well executed. Would love to see a wider variety of passes and not right on the money or no where close.

skipwondah33
06-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Just getting back into my office. About to head home.

Will check this out at home.

Thanks for posting links fellas. Sounds promising

Rudy
06-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Read the first post as it recaps an interview. Tons of good nuggets from podcast including NCAA no huddle being in.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2046300068&postcount=1

jaymo76
06-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Read the first post as it recaps an interview. Tons of good nuggets from podcast including NCAA no huddle being in.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2046300068&postcount=1

Great to hear about NCAA's no huddle. Any word on formation subs via ncaa???

Rudy
06-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Great to hear about NCAA's no huddle. Any word on formation subs via ncaa???

Haven't read that but there is so much right now I haven't read it all. Clearly we are seeing the NCAA dev influence. I love how you can change the cameras with the d-pad.

Rudy
06-10-2014, 03:22 AM
Shopmaster with a good article explaining some things, especially DL moves.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2014/06/09/madden-15-is-getting-defensive-defensive-information/

Rudy
06-10-2014, 03:41 AM
This article on QB accuracy sounds good and like the ability to lead guys further downfield. I just hope head tracking on those plays and toning down jump swats on fades and corners is toned down.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/new-feature-passing-game

Rudy
06-10-2014, 04:30 AM
EA said they pushed hard for features to be the same across all consoles so that makes me happy. PS3 still got some love.

Rudy
06-10-2014, 05:26 AM
I'm not a big podcast guy but this interview with Red Dickson is excellent. Talking about how people play and why they changed certain things is really good.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/744051/press-row-podcast-madden-nfl-15-developer-interview/

WolverineJay
06-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Disappointed to hear no video allowed from E3. I know that may change as the expo continues but still I've been looking forward to some real gameplay video.

Couple of interesting things stand out to me about M15.
1) The impact that the NCAA team has had on Madden since coming over: NCAA Camera options, No Huddle, Player Lock, Chew the Clock, Jump the Snap, etc...

2) No coin toss anymore(begs the question what happens in OT?) I mean are we forced to go with whatever was pre-selected at the set-up screen. What about wind direction? Strange that they would remove a simple thing that everyone signifies as the start of a football game.

Rudy
06-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Matchup stick is in but the full NCAA no huddle may not be in according to Tradition Sports. I'm waiting on that one.

Rudy
06-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm not a big podcast guy but this interview with Red Dickson is excellent. Talking about how people play and why they changed certain things is really good.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/744051/press-row-podcast-madden-nfl-15-developer-interview/

Tradition Sports breakdown of Madden. Two articles:

Gameplay - http://traditionsportsonline.com/threads/ea-sports-madden-15-gameplay-improvements-what-it-all-means.111074/
Presentation - http://traditionsportsonline.com/threads/ea-sports-madden-15-presentation-what-it-all-means.111079/

Some comments from Tradition Sports on Madden:

* Tackle cone isn't that noticeable and isn't a big deal - don't be alarmed (paraphrasing this).
* Did not see many knockdowns, but I can confirm you will have to use the right move with the right defensive lineman. IE DL that are finesse can't bull rush.
* WR catching is awesome. There are plenty of new animations, and the catches are seamless now.
* From my understanding all players have True Step. This is very apparent on defense as linebackers and safety's cannot change directions while gliding as in previous games.
*(on whether NCAA style hurry up is in Madden this year with full playbook) They were currently working on fixing it in the last build I played, so I cannot say that it's everything we wanted until I get my hands on the game again.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10348992_589885357777498_7579311442154170461_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10444731_589884504444250_7993063088813624276_n.jpg

Rudy
06-10-2014, 08:44 PM
I like the playcalling stats:

Madden NFL 15’s new playcalling also tracks how often you call certain plays over the course of your career, as well as how successful the plays are.

The “Previous Play” widget also shows you how well the plays are being executed compared to the rest of the Madden community.

It should be noted that canned cut scene celebrations appear to be dead. They have gone to real time stuff so the dumb animations and cut scenes that didn't make sense should be out.

More gameplay impressions (lots of good stuff in here): http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/06/10/madden-nfl-15-gameplay-hands-impressions/

"On adaptive A.I.: "Another solid improvement comes with a new Adaptive AI system, that helps create an environment where the CPU can start to read how you’re controlling your offense. The days of running “Strong Power” to the outside are over, as CPU opponents will pick up on repeated plays as the game moves forward. To test this, I purposely ran 4 HB screens in a row to see what would happen. The first one went for a gain of 12, the second went for a gain of 4, the third was stuffed right away for an incompletion and the fourth attempt was picked-off for a TD."

"A few other important notes on the offensive side of the ball:

Sideline catches are tuned appropriately this year and they looked fantastic in my time with the game. I saw players toe drag, and have acute awareness of where they were on the field.
Trajectories feel more authentic. I was able to abuse one-on-one coverage with guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson. I was able to beat CB’s deep on throws, something I struggled with last year. I also noticed this on goal-line fades. I was able to put the ball into the back corner of the end-zone where only my WR could make a play, and again, with Fitz or Megatron, it became deadly for my opposition.
Saw more penalties being called such as – blocking downfield, late hits out of bounds and roughing the passer were all penalties I saw numerous times that I saw none of last year."

Rudy
06-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I am personally worried about seeing a ton of INTs. If zone coverage and CB aggressiveness is that much better I'm going to have some headaches. With so much NCAA influence though I wonder if we can set difficulties separate from offense and defense? Not only did I love that in NCAA 14 but it would mean the death to slider thresholds and slider goofiness in Madden that has existed the last five years.

Rudy
06-10-2014, 09:00 PM

Kicking is supposed to be a lot harder although I don't know why they want to cut the actual distance. NFL kickers can boom them. Distance isn't normally the reason they miss.

GatorfanStovy
06-10-2014, 09:14 PM
mm love them pitchers. Was their any footage at e3 for next gen?

steelerfan
06-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Just wanted to say the you are doing a helluva job keeping up with, and posting, all of this, Rudy. Thank you!

Rudy
06-10-2014, 09:32 PM
No problem. Between work and kids sports it is tougher lol.

NO separate difficulties in M15 unfortunately. Shop confirmed.

GatorfanStovy
06-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Does any know if i pre order the Ultimate team edition will I get the pre order bonus too or is that just for the regular copy?

I also noticed on amazon it said you are getting your pro packs every week? Wtf that stinks I was hoping we'd get them asap or all at once.

Rudy
06-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Red said in the podcast that 40% of people play as a DL and yet most people felt defense wasn't fun. So they are returning to suction tackling a bit - at least a halo for reach tackles. By removing r-stick moves, adding more button options, revised jump the snap, easier tackling with tackle cone, defensive player lock, a defensive camera and more hot routes they are really hoping to make defense more fun.

GatorfanStovy
06-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Meh ^ I would rather have the R stick. It was easier then button mashing ugh. Oh well.

Rudy
06-11-2014, 05:29 AM
I have not watched Sim's whole vid but he sounds impressed at the beginning. Says defense real, locomotion better, QB accuracy much better.

http://youtu.be/zKC4hlE_6qU

Another interview with Rex and nothing really new. Does say NCAA hurry up is in Madden.

http://youtu.be/e43DzVUh3eY

Rudy
06-11-2014, 05:33 AM
No videos allowed for Madden but maybe that's because IGN has an exclusive demo tonight at 7:40 EST. looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

Deuce
06-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Thanks Rudy!

Rudy
06-11-2014, 06:48 AM
The funny thing is by Madden making QB accuracy more realistic the dev team said they basically unlocked 400 catching animations that were never used since the ball was always on target. Some folks on OS were pissed about how they could have missed this in the past but either way the WR catching and sideline animations should be much improved.

Rudy
06-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Stev_OS' hands on impressions from OS after 1 hour playing plus watching. Really seems QB accuracy is much lower/better.

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1882/madden-nfl-15-hands-on-impressions/

JBHuskers
06-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Shopmaster's interview with Sean Graddy at E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vkWl2m73PaU

Rudy
06-11-2014, 09:05 AM
I don't remember TV style distance and down markers before. Check out the play screen and avg yards per play. At 2 and 3 minutes of this gameplay clip (starts at 30 seconds) check the weird r-stick position and blocking circle. Not sure what that does.

http://youtu.be/Mo_Al3OBaBo

JBHuskers
06-11-2014, 10:07 AM
I co-hosted Game Changers Radio with Mad Sci last night as Shopmaster was at E3. He called in and answered a lot of questions. I asked him if the focus on defense was too much or made it more balanced, and he said at this point it's more balanced.

Go to www.gamechangersradio.com and on the right side is the media player, episode #153.

GatorfanStovy
06-11-2014, 10:22 AM
No videos allowed for Madden but maybe that's because IGN has an exclusive demo tonight at 7:40 EST. looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

GO figure . Douches.

JBHuskers
06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
GO figure . Douches.

If you look at the video a couple posts above, there is gameplay there.

GatorfanStovy
06-11-2014, 01:28 PM
If you look at the video a couple posts above, there is gameplay there.

Saw it. Looks great. I can't wait for the demo n game. Haven't excited for Madden in a long time. Too bad we can't get Madden earlier now with ncaa gone.

Rudy
06-11-2014, 02:04 PM
And that weird thing I saw is the new matchup stick which I don't really understand.

Rudy
06-11-2014, 02:59 PM
The gauntlet is supposed to be a fun mini game.

Here's a kicking shot but it doesn't look exciting.

http://instagram.com/p/pHb6I8kdIs/

Rudy
06-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Sim used the gamepro vid as a background to offer his impressions. Not sure how much is really new. He's written two articles and tweeted a bunch of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVc-UdYJB-4&feature=youtu.be&a

Rudy
06-11-2014, 03:32 PM
This is a good video showing the play calling system and the new matchup stick.

http://instagram.com/p/pHf0LekdPO/

Second boss in Gauntlet - this looked fun like Backbreaker style.

http://instagram.com/p/pHfRnmEdOP/

bdoughty
06-11-2014, 05:24 PM
The new defensive camera excites me very much.

CLW
06-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Madden in 1 hour on IGN.

WolverineJay
06-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't remember TV style distance and down markers before. Check out the play screen and avg yards per play. At 2 and 3 minutes of this gameplay clip (starts at 30 seconds) check the weird r-stick position and blocking circle. Not sure what that does.

http://youtu.be/Mo_Al3OBaBo

Near the end he mentions CFM and says that it really only received 1 major upgrade. Practice mode will utilize the skills trainer and help you work on individual positions rather than a whole team. The way he described it made it sound like the Madden mini-camp back on the PS2 when you selected a drill to improve your players. Not changing the CFM much is typical EA Tiburon where they introduce something, make a minor tweak like owner mode then pretty much leave it alone till it grows super stale and boring(actually it is already IMHO).

CLW
06-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Lots of good stuff I didn't know about in the IGN interview with Miller. Saw a few bugs and concerns about over power jump snap/dl user moves but time will tell.

bdoughty
06-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Don't know if this was posted but congrats Rex Dickson on actually matching the level of douchbag that is Hip Hop Gamer. Just go to the 7:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQy8h1kxO6c&feature=youtu.be

GatorfanStovy
06-11-2014, 07:44 PM
we still need mouth pieces and more gear in the game! Would be cool.

CLW
06-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Don't know if this was posted but congrats Rex Dickson on actually matching the level of douchbag that is Hip Hop Gamer. Just go to the 7:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQy8h1kxO6c&feature=youtu.be

Two things:

#1 the STUPIDITY in that video is just OFF THE CHARTS. It's no wonder this country is in route to a steep and permanent decline into 3rd world status.

#2 EA obviously wants nothing to do with 2K in the NFL game space: (a) if memory serves EA effectively knocked out 2K not by making a superior product but by throwing around its size and $ to buy exclusive rights from the NFL (b) the only space 2K and EA compete for consumers is in the NBA and well we all know how that "competition" has gone and is going to continue to go for the foreseeable future.

Rudy
06-11-2014, 07:58 PM
That video was stupid but make no mistake that the NFL loves exclusives and squeezing every dollar out of the NFL pie.

IGN video: http://ca.ign.com/videos/2014/06/12/madden-15-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2014

WolverineJay
06-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Lots of good stuff I didn't know about in the IGN interview with Miller. Saw a few bugs and concerns about over power jump snap/dl user moves but time will tell.

Yeah that sack with Justin Smith was very concerning to me. The guy playing defense jumped the snap perfectly every darn time and on that Justin Smith sack he simply pushed the :ps3sq: and he instantly shed the block and the O-lineman made ZERO effort it was like he pushed :ps3sq: coach that means give up right? Very overpowered but it might have been on lower difficulty (Pro).

CLW
06-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Madden NFL 1521 Things We Know About Madden NFL 15This year's Madden has two big hurdles to overcome: Take advantage of the new systems, as well as take care of nagging legacy problems. Our first look at Madden NFL 15 on the new consoles shows that developer EA Tiburon has been very busy.
So far, EA Tiburon has highlighted a lot of changes on the defensive side of the ball, from reworking how linemen rush the passer to redoing defensive schemes. If these additions are tuned correctly, the title's new balance of power could make for some exciting chess matches between offenses and defenses. Here is what we know so far:
PRESENTATION

The pre-game is shorter in order to get you into the game faster, and unlike previous years is less about showing the stadium and crowds before the game.
Real video of players is incorporated into the pre-game presentation.
A new halftime show breaks down first half highlights and stats with commentary from Larry Ridley, who did reporter voice work in last year's Madden.
EA added jumbotrons to the stadiums this year.
You can change game cameras at the line of scrimmage without going into the settings screen. For instance, you can switch to a zoomed out camera by toggling with the up/down on the d-pad. For online games, the number of camera switches you can perform is restricted to prevent griefing.
Players' actions after the play has been cleaned up and tuned to show more emotion.

PLAY CALLING

EA is introducing a new play calling system this year. The screen is now divided up into different sections: Strategy, Community, Favorite, and Previous Play. Strategy shows you the best plays based on the current down and distance, and also shows you what the other team usually runs. Community shows you what other players have run in this situation based on information from the cloud. Favorite brings up what you've chosen in the past. Along with these play recommendations, EA gives players info such as the percentage of the time the play gains an average number of yards.
If you prefer to call plays with the traditional formation screen you can still do that.
Gameflow play calling returns, and will show you more info to help your decision.

DEFENSE

Like NCAA Football you can switch on/off the player-lock camera by hitting right or left on the d-pad. It's inactive for local head-to-head play.
When you're playing as a defensive linemen and engaged in a block, you can press A on the Xbox One (X on the PS4) and move your left analog stick to try and disengage and tackle the ball carrier as he goes by.
When engaged, you can also steer the offensive linemen by moving the left analog. This can be used to set up offensive linemen and get them off balance.
The right stick is not used for pass rush moves anymore, it's all done with the face buttons and your left analog movement stick.
The game introduces an optional Tackle Cone. As the ball carrier comes in range, the cone appears at the base of your player. This means you can initiate a tackle, and it also orientates your player in space so they can prepare to make the tackle. EA says that in its testing, the Tackle Cone has greatly increased the number of open field tackles. The cone is the same regardless of the defensive player.
When the ball is snapped, like NCAA, you press the right trigger to time your acceleration off the line.
Developer EA Tiburon admits that its man and zone coverages in previous games weren't that good, so they've redone them in Madden 15. Now the dev says that cover 2 and cover 3, for example, stop the routes they are supposed to.
High-rated defensive backs will break on the ball as soon as the quarterback's shoulder starts moving forward.
New defensive head tracking means that defenders won't make a play on the ball unless they have their head turned.

OFFENSE

Quarterback throws vary depending on how good the player is (creating more differentiation among quarterbacks) and if their mechanics have been disrupted.
More inaccurate throws leads to more variation in receivers' catch animations, as well as those for incompletions.

SPECIAL TEAMS

A new kick meter has been implemented. We only used it once, and the changes are more visual than mechanical.

This isn't all the new features Madden NFL 15 has; through the summer EA will continue to share new details about Madden 15's gameplay and modes.
Madden NFL 15 comes out for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on August 26. To what extent the last-gen versions of the game embrace all of the features listed above is unknown at this time.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/madden_nfl_15/b/playstation4/archive/2014/06/09/21-things-we-know-about-madden-nfl-15.aspx

skipwondah33
06-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Well yeah

Direct TV with Sunday Ticket, Facebook and Microsoft.

That's business apparently. Absorb, buy or wound competitors, then be the only game in town sort of speak.

2K could buy the license though if they truly felt they could generate the same amount of profit to justify paying so much for a license.

skipwondah33
06-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Yeah that sack with Justin Smith was very concerning to me. The guy playing defense jumped the snap perfectly every darn time and on that Justin Smith sack he simply pushed the :ps3sq: and he instantly shed the block and the O-lineman made ZERO effort it was like he pushed :ps3sq: coach that means give up right? Very overpowered but it might have been on lower difficulty (Pro).Haven't watched it yet but Justin Smith's attributes were pretty damn good last version. 90+ block shed and 90+ power moves. To go go with a high strength rating.

Granted those ratings didn't do anything for him last version because everyone's Oline was so great even if their ratings didn't indicate they should be.
However I need to see video.

bdoughty
06-11-2014, 08:19 PM
2K could buy the license though if they truly felt they could generate the same amount of profit to justify paying so much for a license.

You can't buy something that is not on the market. Thus making what Rex said so douchey.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/01/28/ea-has-the-nfl-license-secured-for-at-least-a-few-more-years

skipwondah33
06-11-2014, 08:22 PM
I know I was talking when it comes that time.

In actuality they could have secured it before but guess didn't want or think they needed to do so.

bdoughty
06-11-2014, 08:26 PM
I know I was talking when it comes that time.

In actuality they could have secured it before but guess didn't want or think they needed to do so.

They could not afford to compete with EA in bidding for Madden at the time. EA knew this and was even on record that they pushed the NFL to go to an exclusive license.

skipwondah33
06-11-2014, 08:30 PM
And they likely wouldn't do it when the time comes again.

EA could do it for 2 reasons. They have the money and the legacy, history of the name/game "Madden".

I'd spend X amount of money as well if I knew I already had an enormous fan base and would make the money back and some.

Not sure 2K would have that although I know they have quite the cult following.

GatorfanStovy
06-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Some body else besides Ea just needs to step up and have some balls to go again them. Just once man.

bdoughty
06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Some body else besides Ea just needs to step up and have some balls to go again them. Just once man.

Backbreaker
All Pro Football 2K8
Blitz: The League 1 & 2

Sorry but without an NFL license you are screwed from the get-go. Even NCAA Football bowed to Big Brother once August and Madden came out.

Rudy
06-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Just looking at the IGN video - it generally looks really good although I thought Simms and Nantz were kind of weak. The coaches look a lot better. Carroll looked good and no humped shoulders like PS3 version. I think the players do look too skinny. Shopmaster called them lean and I can see that. Harvin and the DL tended to stand out as too skinny. It's not overly bad but just looks a little off imo. Overall though the game looks great.

I do like the presentation quite a bit. That's a really nice change with the overlays and real-time emotions. So glad the canned cut scenes are gone. They were fun 5-10 years ago but no longer a positive. The new defensive camera still rotates quite a bit even when you don't have player lock. I'd still like to see it locked in parallel to the LOS like the offensive cameras but it's a nice option.

I still see a lack of player momentum and quick cuts without losing speed. It's why I like Slow speed so the game looks and feels better. Still doesn't look and feel as good as the player movement of the PS2 era imo. At 9:35 Gore has a run and still doesn't lean or foot plant like you should see to make those moves. Speed and acceleration don't see to be impacted like they should.

I kind of dig the tackle cone. I can use the help. I'd like to turn it off once I get good at it but I think that was a nice option for us. It defaults to off on All-Pro and All-Madden but it can be toggled on/off at all difficulties. I think the tackling has looked fine generally speaking. Nothing stands out as bad which is good. It's normally easy to spot the bad stuff while the good stuff takes more time to really see.

I like the DL moves/mini game. I know Justin Smith got in good on that one but there were other instances where the game flat out stone walled the user. The fact the user gets to the QB twice in a row like that was a bit bad but I do think it was probably on Pro. I think this will freshen up the DL play and front 7 overall a lot. I know this is asking a lot of sliders but I've always wanted 2 pass rush sliders - one for the cpu DL on your team and one for yourself. Often you master certain moves and have to jack up the cpu pass block slider to fix it but then it turns your cpu DL teammates into useless pieces of crap. It's a tough thing to tune and I'd like some control over it. At 8:09 there is a nice club move on a secondary effort. Clearly SF is getting to Russell too easily on this difficulty.

At 14:10 he goes over the matchup stick and that looks good.

jaymo76
06-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Based on that IGN video:

I. I love:
a. changing camera at the line of scrimmage- awesome!!!
b. seeing what the last play was on O and D
c. the play recommendations (thought it sounded stupid but it looks good)
d. the visuals and player models
e. the hurry up via NCAA
f. the matchup stick (looks fantastic!!!!)

II. What I still NEED to hear:
a. formation subs stick from GAME-TO-GAME
b. additions to CFM
c. real examples of improved audio and presentation
d. the removal of that "isolated" feeling in CFM
e. fixing of auto-subs
f. how effective sliders are this year

III. What concerns I have:
a. how overpowered the pass D may be this year
b. how gimmicky the improved tackling looks

WolverineJay
06-12-2014, 03:07 AM
I agree that matchup stick is great. Also, I like how there is end of quarter recap highlights and commentary game tracks highlighting hot players in that game (just like NCAA 12).

It really seems the short development cycle was made up for by the NCAA team transferring all the stuff over into Madden for the 1st time. Hopefully they keep the NCAA guys for M16 and have them bring over the score ticker and studio updates now that would really bring CFM alive week to week especially during the stretch run to the playoffs. CFM is lifeless and needs all the help it can get so keep the NCAA guys maybe they can add coaching carousel as well next year.

CLW
06-12-2014, 06:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlurMT453E

skipwondah33
06-12-2014, 08:03 AM
A few thoughts

Jump Snap

- Like the idea behind it, maybe not the whole concept but the fact that it adds to being able to rush the passer manually which has been absent in Madden (unless you were using the QB Spy glitch in the past).

I do believe this could have been accomplished with the new DL control moves though. Still from what I've seen it doesn't appear that it instantly pushes you into the backfield and around the Line effortlessly and make you unblockable.

Also I'm glad it isn't implemented to where the entire DL can all jump the snap at once like NCAA in the past.

It's nice to be able to be able to add manual rush to a blitz. Using a player that has a blitz assignment in the past mean't you weren't going to help out at all with the blitz or get through the line so you may as well just stay back for the pass.

The Justin Smith sack didn't bother me much as Wilson still had a good bit of time to throw and I believe was around the average time a QB has to throw in real life. Speaking of which if that were actually every incorporated I believe quite a few people wouldn't play anymore lol.

Defensive Camera

- Seems pretty cool, though I doubt I'll use it.

All I have so far, little busy at work.

Tough to judge from this video, for the demo of this they are likely showing on the Pro or All-Pro level difficulty at best.

Rudy
06-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Shop has posted a very quick video (one pass rush) from player lock perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxlG-Jr5um8&feature=youtu.be&a

Rudy
06-12-2014, 09:44 AM
New 8 minutes of gameplay I believe. The defensive cam looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjBC6GJHlfU&list=UUHqxtRwvgqZacBEnTs8uxlQ#t=23

Rudy
06-12-2014, 09:56 AM
I think the game looks good. I also think it looks like Madden. When watching the gameplay I don't see any revolutionary things. That said, if the game is well balanced without any major issues that would be a huge collective step forward. Not really seeing the inaccurate QBs. Should have had Buffalo play Cleveland!

jaymo76
06-12-2014, 10:37 AM
I think the game looks good. I also think it looks like Madden. When watching the gameplay I don't see any revolutionary things. That said, if the game is well balanced without any major issues that would be a huge collective step forward. Not really seeing the inaccurate QBs. Should have had Buffalo play Cleveland!

Yes Rudy, it looks decent and it is still 100% Madden. The one thing I really like though is seeing how much NCAA influecne is perculating into this game. IMO this is desperately needed as the NCAA team knows how to make the game more exciting. Madden often becomes stale very quickly. Let's hope that is not the case this year.

As for commentary, it sure did not sound improved to me. That video (shop I think???) clearly showed off the commentary and it was dry to say the least. I hpe it's a lot better in CFM.

I still want to hear whether auto-subs work this year AND whether or not formatio subs stick from game to game.

CLW
06-12-2014, 10:50 AM

Yeah I haven't seen that either. But "word on the street" from community guys was it was there. It must be more evidence on higher difficulty settings. These floor demos are usually on pro (or so we are told).

The game looks incredible graphically and I like allot of the little adds they made (camera control via pad, play calling, presentation, etc...)

JBHuskers
06-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Yeah Shop definitely noticed a difference when he was trying Pryor as opposed to Manning.

CLW
06-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Yeah Shop definitely noticed a difference when he was trying Pryor as opposed to Manning.

Yeah I just hope its true b/c for far too long Manning and Brady et al. have been pointless when you can do the same throws with Vick, etc...

Rudy
06-12-2014, 12:00 PM
New 5 min video which shows pre-game. I agree Jaymo about positive NCAA influence.

Rudy
06-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Halftime show. It's rough and needs more work.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xvbtu3St_4Y

Rudy
06-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Madden demo 3ET I believe from gamespot.please be new teams.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/gamespot-stage-3-2014/

jaymo76
06-12-2014, 04:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xvbtu3St_4Y

Rudy, you are too kind. Frankly that was awful!!! I cannot believe that Tiburon struggles so badly in this area. If that's all there is I will not watch a single half-time show. Use the freakin ESPN license!!! At the very least, bring back the extra point show. Awful!

SmoothPancakes
06-12-2014, 05:09 PM
That might be the worst shit I've ever seen. I might skip Madden 15 just because of that atrocity of a halftime show. If that's the best they could do on a halftime show, I'm afraid of what they fucked up in the rest of the game.

bdoughty
06-12-2014, 05:25 PM
That might be the worst shit I've ever seen. I might skip Madden 15 just because of that atrocity of a halftime show. If that's the best they could do on a halftime show, I'm afraid of what they fucked up in the rest of the game.

Long pause, stat screen with even longer pause, highlight, pause to cut to other team, highlight, over. That was just mindblowing bad. So bad I refuse to put up a random video of the ESPN NFL2K5/2K8 Halftime show in comparison, because it is not even in the same ballpark. Same lazy ass Tiburon, amazed they did not toss in an advertisement for the new Battlefield or add explosions after a player scored. Crap, they might read this and think that it is a neat idea. :fp:

Rudy
06-12-2014, 08:31 PM
The pauses are awful.

Gamespot demo from today:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/embed/6419692

Rudy
06-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Gamespot demo from today youtube

http://youtu.be/m9wxQfTjyCI

Defensive cam

http://youtu.be/FYAU557Vd-0?a

Deuce
06-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Man, I really like the d cam. Not the player lock but the camera angle that's far back. I play FS exclusively and I think I'm going to love using that angle.

bdoughty
06-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Man, I really like the d cam. Not the player lock but the camera angle that's far back. I play FS exclusively and I think I'm going to love using that angle.

Been asking for this forever (actually fully customizable cameras) and I really like what I see so far. I play the LB and really like that you stay fairly close to the action. Might help to zoom in a bit quicker when playing as a DB once it has been established that the play is a run, feels a bit too far away.

WolverineJay
06-13-2014, 03:59 AM

Holy crap is that garbage. If EA Tiburon is proud of that then I my as well stop asking for a post game show, weekly wrap up show, and studio updates with highlights because they would butcher/half-ass any of those as well. I will button through the halftime until they at least fix the close up cam of 1 player. Give me the whole play for crying outloud and from a broadcast perspective. Zoomed in highlights showing only the last 2 seconds of a play from a single player's perspective makes no sense at all (Why design it like that, at this point it's a huge eyesore).

Rudy
06-13-2014, 05:13 AM
I still don't like the way players move. Until they get realistic foot planting, momentum and acceleration all their Tru Step talk rings hollow to me

skipwondah33
06-13-2014, 07:10 AM
I'm going to watch about 0 seconds of the halftime....because I haven't cared about halftime shows as long as I've been playing Madden or NCAA lol

Don't care about cut scenes or pre-game shows either.

And I don't even think when you play online they even show the halftime show to begin with, which is all I do.

bdoughty
06-13-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm going to watch about 0 seconds of the halftime....because I haven't cared about halftime shows as long as I've been playing Madden or NCAA lol

Don't care about cut scenes or pre-game shows either.

And I don't even think when you play online they even show the halftime show to begin with, which is all I do.

I am with you for the most part, heck I rarely even watch the intro to the game once. That said it takes time to do this stuff. If you are going to take that time to do something, make it worth that time.

What I would prefer is to utilize pre game/halftime for something that you actually do, instead of watch. People want realism, this seems a more sensible route since you are "taking part the game" not watching it. There are no highlight shows in an NFL locker room at halftime. Adjustments are being made, injuries tended to, playbooks are tweaked. Add something where you have all the stats/tendencies of the opponent, along with the conservative/aggressive coaching adjustments on the same screen. Make changes and your playbook gets prioritized based on the adjustments made. Do nothing and you have your base playbook. If anything it adds another layer of strategy and since you are calling the plays it gives you something closer to what an NFL Coach would have at their disposal.

Or have nothing. Anything would be better than what I just watched.

skipwondah33
06-13-2014, 09:08 AM
I am with you for the most part, heck I rarely even watch the intro to the game once. That said it takes time to do this stuff. If you are going to take that time to do something, make it worth that time.

What I would prefer is to utilize pre game/halftime for something that you actually do, instead of watch. People want realism, this seems a more sensible route since you are "taking part the game" not watching it. There are no highlight shows in an NFL locker room at halftime. Adjustments are being made, injuries tended to, playbooks are tweaked. Add something where you have all the stats/tendencies of the opponent, along with the conservative/aggressive coaching adjustments on the same screen. Make changes and your playbook gets prioritized based on the adjustments made. Do nothing and you have your base playbook. If anything it adds another layer of strategy and since you are calling the plays it gives you something closer to what an NFL Coach would have at their disposal.

Or have nothing. Anything would be better than what I just watched.Yeah I watch the game intro once and rest of time I'm trying to get to the menus and game as fast as I can. Same for during the game, I'm trying to get to my playbook and call a play. I don't need to see any player emotion or celebrating.

Man that would be awesome If it has to actually do with the game and playing it, I'm all for something like that. And all that you said would do just that. I don't need to see any recaps or highlights or hear people talk. Just in-depth time for adjustments and things of that nature. Or things that should be keyed on in the 2nd half, certain players, etc.

That would be great honestly. I think that is what people should be asking for and not something that you watch. I don't need that, just things that pertain to actual Gameplay

JBHuskers
06-13-2014, 02:35 PM
FWIW, the NBA Live 14 halftime and postgame shows were pretty good. It can be done at Tib.

CLW
06-13-2014, 03:02 PM
#ASKMADDEN: MADDEN NFL 15 FEATURES Q&A
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-e3-developer-chat?utm_campaign=mad15-social-global-ic-tw-features-developerchat-061214-tw-img-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=mad15-social-global-ic-tw-features-developerchat-061214-tw-img-site-ramp&cid=22615&ts=1402689685075

bdoughty
06-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Ronnie @ 2K answers the question about exclusivity. (https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/477229973455900672)

So Rex, me thinks it would be wise to make an apology for making a challenge that can't exist. It would be the classy thing to do.

Rudy
06-13-2014, 08:00 PM
In case it hasn't been posted, the practices are gone in franchise mode. You now do skill trainer exercises. I'm fine with that since the practices were so boring AND against unnamed people! Never understood why they didn't have scrimmage between your team or 7 on 7 drills. I'd like to see new Madden moments from the franchise as part of practice points. I'll accept fun over realism with how boring practice was.

Rudy
06-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Shop with a quarter.

"Here is a full quarter of Madden 15 in 1080p. I'll have more videos up soon breaking down some M15 features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2GK_z3Az0&feature=youtu.be&a

Rudy
06-14-2014, 04:10 AM
This latest Shop video has me concerned with the inside running game. It was a big problem on interior runs either the double team blocks blowing guys off the ball for huge gains. At 13:45 watch the left side of the OL blow the DT 5 yards off the ball. That better not happen every time.

jaymo76
06-14-2014, 03:35 PM
FWIW, the NBA Live 14 halftime and postgame shows were pretty good. It can be done at Tib.

I agree. I was also a big fan of the old EXTRA POINT halftime and weekly wrap-up show. Tiburon has the ability but for whatever reason, they do not deliver. IMO just put the extra pint back in... it's a heck of a lot better than that garbage we saw in the halftime video.

Rudy
06-14-2014, 04:35 PM
This looks like new footage with Seattle. I see some missed passes, a bomb with Harvin, a pick with Sherman.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&a=&v=DxVd8Zz4T5U

Rudy
06-15-2014, 02:50 AM
Been busy this weekend. JP on OS posted some links I haven't seen.

Madden 15 hands on impressions by regulardave
http://youtu.be/oP4gAgvyHz8

Madden 15 Pick 6 by Simfballcritic
http://youtu.be/-azyvAOGAPo?a

Colts vs Chiefs from GameReactor
http://youtu.be/zOV-3i3M9Ks

Rudy
06-15-2014, 02:57 AM
One thing that I hope is better is CPU QB AI. They tend to stink on lower levels and we get robo QB on all-madden. Hopefully it's better.

jaymo76
06-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Thanks Rudy! Nice to see something other than SF and Seattle.

Rudy
06-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Matchup stick interview fromShop

http://youtu.be/JQGiLZ5XXtk

souljahbill
06-15-2014, 01:29 PM

That's fap-worthy.

souljahbill
06-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks Rudy! Nice to see something other than SF and Seattle.

I know. I was starting to wonder if the E3 build only had Sea vs. SF, like a demo.

jaymo76
06-15-2014, 07:50 PM

Identical in practise to NCAA 14. However, it looks a lot better and seems much easier to use during the game. On another note, I hate it when interviewers don't ask the questions that need to be asked. Shop discusses FATIGUE with the developer. Why didn't he ask if auto-subs/fatigue issue from madden 25 was fixed/addressed? One simple question would go a long way is assuring Madden players that significant issues from 25 have been addressed.

Thus far nobody has asked a developer whether fatigue/auto subs have been addressed/fixed nor has anyone asked if formation subs have been addressed to see if they save from game to game. Since nobody has asked I can only assume these issues have NO been fixed. People who play this game know about the issues... why won't they ask???

Rudy
06-15-2014, 10:26 PM
I've asked about formation subs to both EA and Shop on Twitter and got no response. That could mean it's not in but right now I'm assuming it is linked with franchise and the NDA means no talking until EA reveals their franchise blog. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm optimistic due to the huge influence the NCAA team appears to have had with some features.

Rudy
06-16-2014, 04:41 AM
Another SF-Sea vid. I find myself rooting for the CPU againstsome of these guys. I wish EA would take out the *** looking jog players do when they head in for halftime. Small detail but it always looks odd to me.

Gameplay from Aiirxjones

http://youtu.be/eibXSi4vRIk

jaymo76
06-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks Rudy. I haven't had much time this year to look for all of these videos across the web.

P.S. Tiburon... PLEASE... use different teams for the demo!!!

GatorfanStovy
06-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Ah Sf is a good choice. Don't be jealous y all.

SmoothPancakes
06-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Ah Sf is a good choice. Don't be jealous y all.

It's called it gets old seeing the same teams over and over. Different teams and different players, with their different at styles, helps to truly show things off instead of seeing many of the same crap because it's nothing but the same two teams.

Rudy
06-16-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm very sick of SF and Seattle. I want to see videos of Manziel to see how he'll play (hopefully scramble AND throw on the run after scrambling which is a huge Manziel trait but never really happens with EA Football). I want to see Peyton and Brady play (smart decisions, accurate, audibles at line) as well as teams with weak QBs like the Jets and Bills. I want to see scat backs and offenses like Philly to see if they have all the motion and that style of play. I want to see Chicago and if the QB will get the ball to their big WRs. EA has never really built in the idea of go-to receivers for QBs. They make the same decisions if a guy is great or if he sucks. I want to see great players get the ball (EA doesn't really do this). I'd like to see Houston's defense with Watt and Clowney. The NFL is awful similar but there are enough unique thing that I'd like to see and see if EA captures.

GatorfanStovy
06-16-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm very sick of SF and Seattle. I want to see videos of Manziel to see how he'll play (hopefully scramble AND throw on the run after scrambling which is a huge Manziel trait but never really happens with EA Football). I want to see Peyton and Brady play (smart decisions, accurate, audibles at line) as well as teams with weak QBs like the Jets and Bills. I want to see scat backs and offenses like Philly to see if they have all the motion and that style of play. I want to see Chicago and if the QB will get the ball to their big WRs. EA has never really built in the idea of go-to receivers for QBs. They make the same decisions if a guy is great or if he sucks. I want to see great players get the ball (EA doesn't really do this). I'd like to see Houston's defense with Watt and Clowney. The NFL is awful similar but there are enough unique thing that I'd like to see and see if EA captures.

You'll have to get used to it.Biggest rival right now is Sf n Seattle. I'm sure the teams in the demo will be either sf vs seattle and Denver vs NE maybe . 4 teams like last year. Cleveland won't sniff the cut.

IMO Manziel is gonna bust hard any ways. so it won't matter.

WolverineJay
06-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Thus far nobody has asked a developer whether fatigue/auto subs have been addressed/fixed nor has anyone asked if formation subs have been addressed to see if they save from game to game. Since nobody has asked I can only assume these issues have NO been fixed. People who play this game know about the issues... why won't they ask???

I read over on OS that no changes to either auto subs or formation subs. Very disappointing since both have been broken for quite a few years now. Also no best on best for CB's and WR, heck the way Madden is programmed I'd put my best CB on the opposing CPU TE every play just to have a chance on those spammed corner routes.

I will wait and see what the Franchise blog will reveal for the PS3 and then get the demo in early to mid August since no videos came out of E3 for the older systems. Unfortunately it will probably be more of Seattle and San Francisco in the demo.

jaymo76
06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
I read over on OS that no changes to either auto subs or formation subs. Very disappointing since both have been broken for quite a few years now. Also no best on best for CB's and WR, heck the way Madden is programmed I'd put my best CB on the opposing CPU TE every play just to have a chance on those spammed corner routes.

I will wait and see what the Franchise blog will reveal for the PS3 and then get the demo in early to mid August since no videos came out of E3 for the older systems. Unfortunately it will probably be more of Seattle and San Francisco in the demo.

That's terrible. Two areas that need to be addressed but are not. WHY??????

WolverineJay
06-20-2014, 01:06 AM
That's terrible. Two areas that need to be addressed but are not. WHY??????

It was something along the lines of didn't have time to address it this year. They know its a mess and probably requires a massive overhaul so those legacy issues which are self-inflicted tend to get pushed further down the road when they have time to implement a new feature around it. Go buy M16 now with realistic fatigue and substitutions. Formation subs not sticking in Madden started with the CCM, and it is probably not compatible with that mode in its current form. My guess is if the NCAA team gets to stick around another year that they will implement the NCAA Football formation subs interface for M16. Still it does leave one :smh: about having to go another year with broken parts within a Madden game.

Rudy
06-20-2014, 05:33 AM
Formation subs are big time for defensive 3rd down packages for me. Madden has a 3rd down back in depth chart. I'D like to see a goalie or short yardage back in addition to a 3rd and long DL. Thecpu needs to be smart with how they use their talent by we are not close yet.

GatorfanStovy
06-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Went and pre ordred my UT copy. Gonna get a good head start on UT this go around. Come on August!

Rudy
06-23-2014, 05:40 AM
Steve from OS confirmed the all-22 cam is the same as co-ordinator cam from NCAA.

An E3 preview from a noob.

http://www.newgamenetwork.com/article/1102/madden-nfl-15-preview-e3-2014/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rudy
06-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Part 2 video. Smitty has commentary and slo mo on the first 1:45. After that we get in game audio until about 4:30 where he comments some more.

I hate the solo tackles in 1-1 matchups that send a guy flying far too much. At 5:45 Gore spins and falls down on a swing pass. That animation set needs to be eliminated imo. Give me an animation of a guy hanging on to his ankle while he struggles to remain balance and fall down but not that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiXP22Ul0s4&feature=youtu.be

GatorfanStovy
06-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Love seeing more gameplay. Can't wait for the demo so we can get our hands on it. Demo comes out when first or second week of August?

WolverineJay
06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Part 2 video. Smitty has commentary and slo mo on the first 1:45. After that we get in game audio until about 4:30 where he comments some more.

I hate the solo tackles in 1-1 matchups that send a guy flying far too much. At 5:45 Gore spins and falls down on a swing pass. That animation set needs to be eliminated imo. Give me an animation of a guy hanging on to his ankle while he struggles to remain balance and fall down but not that.

Yeah most of these animations are like a decade old, and are a real eyesore to keep seeing year after year. The game will feel new when it rids itself of all those ridiculous animations. Funny thing that you mentioned the leg grab because 1x yep just once in my 130 games of Madden 25 did I see that very thing. I was Jimmy Graham and the CB lunged at my leg which 99.9% of the time results in that annoying shoestring trip tackle, but that time he grabbed hold of Graham's back leg and he was pulled for about 5 yards until Graham finally was tackled and lunged forward. I was shocked and replayed it close to 10x since it looked pretty realistic and cool.

Love seeing more gameplay. Can't wait for the demo so we can get our hands on it. Demo comes out when first or second week of August?

Yeah we got like 5 or 6 weeks until M15 demo time.

GatorfanStovy
06-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Yeah most of these animations are like a decade old, and are a real eyesore to keep seeing year after year. The game will feel new when it rids itself of all those ridiculous animations. Funny thing that you mentioned the leg grab because 1x yep just once in my 130 games of Madden 25 did I see that very thing. I was Jimmy Graham and the CB lunged at my leg which 99.9% of the time results in that annoying shoestring trip tackle, but that time he grabbed hold of Graham's back leg and he was pulled for about 5 yards until Graham finally was tackled and lunged forward. I was shocked and replayed it close to 10x since it looked pretty realistic and cool.

Yeah we got like 5 or 6 weeks until M15 demo time.

oh the wait is a killer..

Rudy
06-28-2014, 07:44 PM
New video I think. Still SF vs SEA.

http://youtu.be/vGg9gD9rusg

GatorfanStovy
06-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Looks great. Keep'em coming. The demo will probably be sea vs Sf. No other teams are worthy.

SmoothPancakes
06-28-2014, 10:19 PM
:fp: There are multiple other teams that are worthy of the demo other than just SF and SEA. If those two are our only option, I'm not even going to waste the hard drive space to download the demo.

GatorfanStovy
06-29-2014, 01:19 AM
To
:fp: There are multiple other teams that are worthy of the demo other than just SF and SEA. If those two are our only option, I'm not even going to waste the hard drive space to download the demo.

Not if your trying aim the new game defense features it's not. Plus they r the top 2 teams in rankings.

SCClassof93
06-30-2014, 10:39 AM
To

Not if your trying aim the new game defense features it's not. Plus they r the top 2 teams in rankings.

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/5c597eb60b/ZcfqBkqCSoeGmTSftrgo_Confused%20Joey%20Friends.gif

steelerfan
06-30-2014, 11:16 AM
:D

JBHuskers
06-30-2014, 04:43 PM
To

http://gifsoup.com/view1/1357165/confused-o.gif

GatorfanStovy
06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
What guys is that not a valid selling point for your game?

JBHuskers
06-30-2014, 11:41 PM
It's not a valid selling point for English.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

steelerfan
06-30-2014, 11:47 PM

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2014, 01:30 AM
:D :D :D

Rudy
07-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Top 5 defensive duos in M15: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/best-defensive-duos

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2014, 04:55 PM
That'll piss off 49ers and Seahawks fans. :D :D :D

skipwondah33
07-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Have a hard time believing some of those are better than Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman as a duo.

Or either of them and Aldon Smith either way

steelerfan
07-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Have a hard time believing some of those are better than Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman as a duo.

Or either of them and Aldon Smith either way

Yeah.

Cleveland? Really?? :D

Also, JJ Watt is an absolute stud (though he'll never match his numbers from 2 years ago). However, Clowney is just hype at this point. Putting Clowney in the mix 2 months before he takes his first snap is hasty, at best.

skipwondah33
07-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Exactly

I know this was just a hype thing. However I also know that at a near 90 speed for Clowney he will be effective in the game, very effective. Which if he is a 90 then Shazier should be a 91-92 ish

This list may be a "most exciting" list

Rudy
07-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I think the NE combo is over-rated as well . Browned isn't a stud. It's clear they picked some combos based on hype and they wanted to highighlight their ratings. They wanted to showcase speed and power, zone and man. SF's LB core as a group is one of the best ever IMO. Studs across the board if Aldon Smith has his sanity.

GatorfanStovy
07-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Yup EA is fucked for putting that duo on top meh. Not even Willis or Bowman on that list? Screw u EA and your poor rankings. I'm also shocked no Seahawk duo's are even out on that list. EA must like crappy defense's. Clowney is barely a darn rookie and they are raging over him. UT is gonna go made over him.

WolverineJay
07-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Those are just Ea's take on the top NEW duo's on defense, that's why there is no mention of the 49ers or Seahawks. Got to hype up the new rosters for Madden 15.

Rudy
07-02-2014, 05:11 AM
The freaking cover boy Sherman and Earl Thomas duo is better than most as well.

SmoothPancakes
07-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Watching the 49ers and Seahawks fans lose their shit online over these rankings is the funny fucking things I've seen in months. What a bunch of dumbasses. Oh well, fuck 'em I say. They all need to be taken down about 20 pegs.

JBHuskers
07-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Those are just Ea's take on the top NEW duo's on defense, that's why there is no mention of the 49ers or Seahawks. Got to hype up the new rosters for Madden 15.

It's okay. Gator likes to overreact.

skipwondah33
07-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Those are just Ea's take on the top NEW duo's on defense, that's why there is no mention of the 49ers or Seahawks. Got to hype up the new rosters for Madden 15.Haha that just dawned on me as well after I took another look at the link

Those are all new duos, not the top 5 duos

SCClassof93
07-02-2014, 11:11 AM
It's okay. Gator likes to overreact.

It is to counter balance his communication skill or lack thereof :nod:

Rudy
07-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82emdNRA9lg

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Man my captures don't come out looking like that.

Nice catch by Boldin on that one. That sequence was refreshing to see. Too many times that wouldn't happen in previous versions

CLW
07-04-2014, 06:31 AM
So I assume EA decided to go with the release everything out in one batch and there no other "features" for this year's game?

Rudy
07-04-2014, 06:42 AM
I believe so. They also released things later.

They haven't talked about franchise yet. I'm under the impression it's because there aren't a lot of changes but that is coming still.

Rudy
07-04-2014, 06:49 AM
When I see Frank Gore spin it just reminds me that the animations need to be more rating driven. Why is it that EA has 2 spin animations and they kick in at thresholds? They seem to let 90+ ratings do some things, lump 70-89 guys all in the same boat and low guys don't get anything. I'd like to see the speed of the animation directly tied to their rating. At 100 spin it's as fast as possible. At 80 it should be at 80% speed and a lineman at 50 should have the animation take twice as long to execute. We would see the differences better and it would be more ratings driven. Same for the juke.

Rudy
07-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Dp

jaymo76
07-04-2014, 10:23 PM
I believe so. They also released things later.

They haven't talked about franchise yet. I'm under the impression it's because there aren't a lot of changes but that is coming still.

Probably nothing else to be reported other than maybe one or two more places to relocate... :(

Rudy
07-07-2014, 07:18 PM
From OS:

Twitter page of Madden Gameplay Designer Clint Oldenburg:
https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/with_replies
-CPUvCPU in CFM confirmed not in game.
-Coin toss in overtime.
-Online communities most likely not in game
-Creating/Editing Draft Classes is "highly, highly unlikely"

jaymo76
07-07-2014, 07:28 PM
From OS:

Twitter page of Madden Gameplay Designer Clint Oldenburg:
https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/with_replies
-CPUvCPU in CFM confirmed not in game.
-Coin toss in overtime.
-Online communities most likely not in game
-Creating/Editing Draft Classes is "highly, highly unlikely"

Pretty much status quo from last year. If they didn't add major things to cfm, what exactly did they do outside of the new playcalling system?

GatorfanStovy
07-07-2014, 07:54 PM
No coin toss in ot wtf.? :fp: who gets the ball then?

Draft class thing not a big deal since no ncaa game.

Y all are too picky.

Rudy
07-08-2014, 05:22 AM
No coin toss in ot wtf.? :fp: who gets the ball then?

Draft class thing not a big deal since no ncaa game.

Y all are too picky.

The draft class is huge. Especially since there is no NCAA game guys want to add in the top prospects. Also the Madden draft classes can be cheated. It's the coin toss that is meaningless. You still pick, you just don't see the cut scene.

GatorfanStovy
07-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Oh ok about the coin toss. I think most people down the road are gonna skip pass all the presentation stuff any how.

But with all this lawsuits for NCAA I don't think you will see any kind of add in for draft classes any time soon so just let that one go.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2014, 09:41 AM
:fp:

CLW
07-08-2014, 07:11 PM
I can guarantee you there will be no edit draft class B/c a class action against EA for Madden would be coming their way again (hell it might even be required in the settlement agreement).

jaymo76
07-08-2014, 07:43 PM
I can guarantee you there will be no edit draft class B/c a class action against EA for Madden would be coming their way again (hell it might even be required in the settlement agreement).

I suspect you are right about that. It's too bad though because some of the names are absurd. It would be nice though if we could at least edit non-name features.

skipwondah33
07-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I can guarantee you there will be no edit draft class B/c a class action against EA for Madden would be coming their way again (hell it might even be required in the settlement agreement).Definitely

SCClassof93
07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
:fp:

http://i.imgur.com/I180z.gif

jaymo76
07-12-2014, 11:42 PM
I thought this was an interesting video clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ia8XLOLVAY

jaymo76
07-13-2014, 12:33 AM
This is a great comparison video of Madden 25 and All-Pro 2k8 with regards to dynamic sidelines. 2k really deserves a lot of credit. I think I read somewhere that the Madden sidelines have not been touched for Madden 15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZIHWWwGRTQ

Rudy
07-13-2014, 04:25 AM
The comparison video of Madden 09 or 13 until now was interesting. Madden does need to have better sidelines but that's a very small feature IMO. I really don't care much at all. I have no problem with the decision to spend the time and effort and system power on the player models.

I will say I bought APF for my PS3 and it was one of the ugliest sports games I've ever seen. The framerate was terrible, player models weak - it was barely better than my PS2. At the end of the day it fixed some things but it felt like a PS2 version of 2K5 without real teams or players or franchise mode or full edits. I was very disappointed.

jaymo76
07-14-2014, 06:21 PM
http://www.thestreet.mobi/story/12773280/1/ea-changes-video-game-landscape-with-madden-15-cinematogoraphy.html

Based on this article I suspect that a new aspect of CFM will be... wait for it... NEW SB presentation...

Leverone: Do you have a favorite part of the new game?

Murray: I can't tell you what my favorite part is because you haven't seen it and we haven't announced it yet. But my second favorite has to be the cameras. It's me knowing where we were and where we went in nine months. The best compliment I got was, I'm talking to people in other video games and I give them the whole list of everything that we did and then they're playing the game and they go 'well you must've had an advanced team on this. There's no way you did this in one cycle.' A typical cycle for us is nine months, we had about seven.

Rudy
07-17-2014, 06:44 PM
I really hope the Wrs and RBs aren't brain dead on passes near the sidelines. Sideline awareness was awful last year.

jaymo76
07-17-2014, 11:24 PM
I really hope the Wrs and RBs aren't brain dead on passes near the sidelines. Sideline awareness was awful last year.

Yup, this problem continues to plague the series.

Rudy
07-25-2014, 09:10 PM
A short comic con video of SF vs Pit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4pSnMOnlX0

Rudy
08-04-2014, 06:42 AM
There is supposed to be one more reveal left for M15. Some game changers have hinted at it although I don't know what it is.

Also, the demo info has to be released very soon. Madden many times has a demo out 3 weeks in advance. That appears out as that would be tomorrow so it's a very good chance that we get the demo next Tuesday, August 12th. I just hope the PS3/360 gets a demo. There has been so little information about this version I am nervous.

skipwondah33
08-04-2014, 07:18 AM
I just hope the PS3/360 gets a demo. There has been so little information about this version I am nervous.I'd be nervous as well honestly.

It was clear last version that the focus was on the PS4 version which I understand releasing two of the same title in one year, but there wasn't any support really for the PS3 version outside of an injury patch for CFM. Other than that I can't recall anything for PS3

May be better support this year but doubtful since the PS4

jaymo76
08-04-2014, 03:17 PM
There has been no mention of a demo this year... for any system. Maybe the age of madden demos is gone? No competition, no NCAA game... you want football you're buying this game. Maybe they see no need for a demo?

Rudy
08-04-2014, 03:20 PM
XBox One bundle with free Madden! Nice deal! A PS4 bundle like that would be tempting. I'm sur it's a digital copy.

skipwondah33
08-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Last year demo released on the 13th

After ratings release I imagine a Demo date will be given if there is one

With EA Access wonder if a demo will be put out.

jaymo76
08-04-2014, 03:22 PM
XBox One bundle with free Madden! Nice deal! A PS4 bundle like that would be tempting. I'm sur it's a digital copy.

Yup it's digital (and US priced). I'm glad I bought the P4 on release because it was still $399. At Best Buy last leek it was selling for $469.

jaymo76
08-05-2014, 05:05 PM
OS reporting that CFM details will drop sometime this week. Personally I will be shocked if it's anything more than tuning, a little more on relocation, and enhanced presentation.

gschwendt
08-06-2014, 10:11 AM
OS reporting that CFM details will drop sometime this week. Personally I will be shocked if it's anything more than tuning, a little more on relocation, and enhanced presentation.

jaymo76
08-06-2014, 05:15 PM

So I wonder if today's info and the video clip will stand in place of a twitch live stream? I hope not as I want to see things n action.

GatorfanStovy
08-06-2014, 10:48 PM
How about a demo, is that coming next week?