PDA

View Full Version : So When Can We Expect the First Madden 15 News?

CLW
04-06-2014, 09:04 AM
With the death of the NCAA series I'll be forced to actually pay attention to Madden and see if its worth a purchase or remains GameFly at best material. When does the 1st Madden info typically start coming out? I seem to recall it starting to come out around the NFL Draft but I may be mistaken.

jaymo76
04-06-2014, 09:40 PM
At tihis time of the year they would usually do the cover vote. Ity looks like they are not for madden 15... good riddance!!! As to info, the draft does seem logical BUT in previous years the game releases in the last few days of August so they have no real rush to say anything as a release date is most likely 4.5 months away.

Another thought however is that it's not a good sign when EA is quiet. The last time it was the relases of NBA Live 14 and we know how that went. At this point the only info released is with regards to asking fans to make new unis and logos for possible inclusion into the game. That's pretty weak thus far IMO.

WolverineJay
04-07-2014, 01:47 AM
Another thought however is that it's not a good sign when EA is quiet. The last time it was the relases of NBA Live 14 and we know how that went. At this point the only info released is with regards to asking fans to make new unis and logos for possible inclusion into the game. That's pretty weak thus far IMO.
Yes it is not a good sign for EA Tiburon to be silent about their flagship title when in years past they over-hyped it.

I'm not really expecting anything significant to be added to the new Madden on PS3/Xbox 360, are you? I mean they probably will tinker with WR/DB animations and add in some new tackling/break tackle animations, but I really only see EA Tiburon putting forth an effort with the PS4/XB1 editions. If in-game presentation, CFM presentation, special teams, coaching staffs, combine, free agency, and commentary all get skipped again then all you can do is wonder what did they spend their time on.

Again my expectations are really low for Madden this year. I don't expect any news until around draft time which is a month away and nothing that matters until around e3 when the videos start to show up on you tube.

Rudy
04-07-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm hopeful that the PS3 version will get some love. I was disappointed last year but any year EA puts a lot of resources into a feature I don't care about (Owner Mode) it is usually a let down for me personally. EA usually kicks off it's info at the draft and I expect it to be the same. There is no real reason to give out info sooner - EA just gets hate and it's a bit early for the hype train.

WolverineJay
04-09-2014, 01:58 AM
I here you Rudy regarding Owner Mode in M25. I initially was intrigued but the more I read how restrictive it was in terms of coaches, team names, uniforms, relocation cities, etc... I just said eh, its not for me, and I have never touched it. I hope I am wrong and the next Madden on the PS3 has many nice new features and a few improvements to recent additions, but my gut keeps telling me they have moved on to the PS4/XB1 era.

jaymo76
04-09-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm hopeful that the PS3 version will get some love. I was disappointed last year but any year EA puts a lot of resources into a feature I don't care about (Owner Mode) it is usually a let down for me personally. EA usually kicks off it's info at the draft and I expect it to be the same. There is no real reason to give out info sooner - EA just gets hate and it's a bit early for the hype train.

I here you Rudy regarding Owner Mode in M25. I initially was intrigued but the more I read how restrictive it was in terms of coaches, team names, uniforms, relocation cities, etc... I just said eh, its not for me, and I have never touched it. I hope I am wrong and the next Madden on the PS3 has many nice new features and a few improvements to recent additions, but my gut keeps telling me they have moved on to the PS4/XB1 era.

I would pretty much expect that ps3 will consists of new rosters, newish player animations, etc. PS4 is going to be the mode of choice now. I suspect they see how far behind they already are as compared to other ps4 sports games and as such are putting as many resources as possible to try and catch up.

Rudy
04-10-2014, 04:35 AM
I hope you are wrong Jaymo lol. I want to squeeze one more year out of my PS3 and I'm still keeping it around for a long time. My kids play Minecraft a lot on it, I've got NCAA 14 and a lot of older games still. I'd love it if Sony brought out a BC version of PS4. I'd rather not have a third console sitting in my entertainment unit.

thatBuckeye
04-11-2014, 09:17 PM
EA typically hasn't released any info until the beginning of May. With a shortened cycle (8 months as opposed to 10-11) I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear much until late May.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

CLW
04-12-2014, 06:36 AM
my guess is there will be a Ps3/360 version but it will be nothing more than a roster update.

thatBuckeye
04-13-2014, 02:35 PM
my guess is there will be a Ps3/360 version but it will be nothing more than a roster update.

Nah they will continue to add to the game. I believe that PS4/X1 will get more features.

Rudy
04-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Will the Gaming Tailgate have any guys at the Madden community day events? I know so many here used to attend NCAA ones so I was curious if this board will have any direct relationships with the Madden team. I'd also be curious if the NCAA guys that moved over will push for NCAA features like co-ordinator cam, player lock, etc.

JBHuskers
04-15-2014, 08:17 PM
No clue at point. There are a TON of Game Changers who are Madden guys. I've honestly never been to one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

thatBuckeye
04-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Will the Gaming Tailgate have any guys at the Madden community day events? I know so many here used to attend NCAA ones so I was curious if this board will have any direct relationships with the Madden team. I'd also be curious if the NCAA guys that moved over will push for NCAA features like co-ordinator cam, player lock, etc.

Considering most of the NCAA team also worked on Madden every year it is safe to say that TGT will always have a direct line to the developers.

GatorfanStovy
04-20-2014, 11:37 PM
can't wait for demo time around first of august .

Rudy
04-24-2014, 05:23 AM
Victor Lugo gas left EA. He was in charge of the Infinity Engine. I wasn't really happy with the direction of IE last year. I thought M13 after patches was better. Curious to see what this results in. How did IE look on next gen?

JBHuskers
04-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Victor Lugo gas left EA. He was in charge of the Infinity Engine. I wasn't really happy with the direction of IE last year. I thought M13 after patches was better. Curious to see what this results in. How did IE look on next gen?

Played MUCH better than last gen. I couldn't go back to my Connected Franchise on the PS3.

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Played MUCH better than last gen. I couldn't go back to my Connected Franchise on the PS3.

Yeah, I can't make a direct comparison, as I don't own Madden 25 last gen, but, compared to what I experienced with it on Madden 13 last gen and Madden 25 next gen, night and day. I actually have enjoyed every game I have played in 25.

Now I just have to actually get the time to get back into Madden and NCAA again. I've hardly been able to fire up any games at all the last couple weeks.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.

JBHuskers
04-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I can't make a direct comparison, as I don't own Madden 25 last gen, but, compared to what I experienced with it on Madden 13 last gen and Madden 25 next gen, night and day. I actually have enjoyed every game I have played in 25.

Now I just have to actually get the time to get back into Madden and NCAA again. I've hardly been able to fire up any games at all the last couple weeks.

Feels like there is weight with the players.

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Feels like there is weight with the players.

Yep. That's one thing I've missed over the years from Madden and NCAA, no true feeling of weight on the players and their actions and motions.

jaymo76
04-24-2014, 08:42 PM
There is no doubt that players move better on next gen. However, unrealistic "catchup speed" is something that still needs to be addressed. It is common to see a lineman run down a receiver in the open field. In addition, line play is still a pretty major issue. Offensive linemen have minimal logic and frequently double team when it's not needed and completely miss picking up blocks. Address these two issues and the game will be remarkably better IMO.

On another issue, for as much as people bash EA/Tiburon for not having graphics that are as good as 2k14, I must say that going from MADDEN 25 on ps4 to NCAA 14 on PS3 is really, really difficult. The graphics jump is actually very big. The field, stands, stadium, uniforms and players are vastly superior to last gen.

jaymo76
04-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Forgot to mention that I had one of those games. You know, the game the cpu decides to win. I am up 10-0 to start versus Denver. Then to start the 2nd quarter, I watch my QB's combine for SEVEN INTERCEPTIONS! I'm not actually joking... 7 ints.! This combined with watching Oswheiller (how do you spell it?) throw for 300 yards and 4 td passes. The game was just horrendous. However, maybe it was payback for my SB victory over them last season???

PS2... they desperately need to fix the rookie captain glitch. I had 7 captains on my O (primarily due to a number of injuries) and Dallas had 5 rookies on D. It was crazy seeing 12 rookie captains with the pink breast cancer awareness patches on the field all at the same time. This is my third season... I can only imagine what it will look like next season.

Rudy
04-24-2014, 09:00 PM
I like the idea of more player weight and momentum. Hopefully I see that on PS3 as I'm waiting until 2015 for my PS4.