PDA

View Full Version : Week 11, 2010

Oneback
08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
=============== #16 Oklahoma Sooners (7-2) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 42-24 against Texas Tech (7-2).
This week, the Sooners will host #10 USC (7-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LT Nick Moore has committed to Florida State
- (****) LG Mike Daniels has committed to USC
- (***) QB Shannon Jenkins has committed to Ohio State
- (****) LG Pat Newman has committed to Alabama
- (****) RE Michael Garcia has committed to Clemson
- (***) WR Jovon Abrams has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #22 Clemson Tigers (8-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 35-21 against NC State (2-7).
This week, the Tigers travel to Tallahassee to face the #5 Florida State Seminoles (9-0).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) HB Ricky Long has committed to Syracuse
- (****) RE Michael Garcia has committed to Clemson

=============== #5 Florida State Seminoles (9-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 56-13 against North Carolina (3-6).
This week, the Seminoles will host #22 Clemson (8-1).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Jake Jones has committed to Florida State
- (****) LT Nick Moore has committed to Florida State

=============== #15 Miami Hurricanes (7-2) ===============
Last week, Miami won 35-21 against Maryland (4-5).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (6-3).

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (9-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 20-16 against Illinois (4-5).
This week, the Wolverines travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (4-5).

=============== #23 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-1) ===============
Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
This week, the Buckeyes will host #9 Penn State (8-1).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) QB Shannon Jenkins has committed to Ohio State

=============== #9 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 24-19 against Northwestern (5-4).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Columbus to face the #23 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-1).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Tyler Mason has committed to Penn State

=============== #21 Texas Tech Red Raiders (7-2) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech won 42-24 against Oklahoma (7-2).
This week, the Red Raiders travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-6).

=============== #10 USC Trojans (7-1) ===============
Last week, USC won 39-17 against Oklahoma State (3-6).
This week, the Trojans travel to Norman to face the #16 Oklahoma Sooners (7-2).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Tyler Mason has committed to Penn State
- (****) LG Mike Daniels has committed to USC

=============== #4 Virginia Tech Hokies (9-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 38-10 against Georgia Tech (6-3).
This week, the Hokies travel to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels (3-6).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Carlos Davis has committed to Virginia Tech
- (***) ROLB Kyle West has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (9-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 59-24 against Oregon (5-4).
This week, the Longhorns will host UCLA (2-7).

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (8-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 23-21 against Purdue (4-5).
This week, the Badgers will host Indiana (4-5).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Dan Carter has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) CB Chance Callahan has committed to Wisconsin

gschwendt
08-12-2010, 06:43 PM
If the kicking sliders remained the same, be very aware... the kicking distance is considerably shorter. I'd recommend some practice field time before playing the gamel.

Funny enough though, I just finished playing Indiana earlier in the SBCOL dynasty...

fsuprime
08-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Escobar when would u like to play? I can play tonight around 10 est or any time after that.

psusnoop
08-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Jeff and I are going to be playing tomorrow evening around 9pm-10pm EST.

This still good Jeff?

psuexv
08-12-2010, 07:49 PM
USC and Oklahoma out to be a burner. Iron Dragon just let me know when you want to do it. I'm available pretty much every night after 9 EST. Saturday may be tough but tonight, Friday or Sunday should work.

Oneback
08-12-2010, 08:10 PM
If the kicking sliders remained the same, be very aware... the kicking distance is considerably shorter. I'd recommend some practice field time before playing the gamel.

Funny enough though, I just finished playing Indiana earlier in the SBCOL dynasty...

I got so excited about advancing/seeing what recruits I got. I forgot to work on the sliders.

fsuprime
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
fsu playing clemson tonight 11 est

Iron Dragon
08-12-2010, 08:42 PM
USC and Oklahoma out to be a burner. Iron Dragon just let me know when you want to do it. I'm available pretty much every night after 9 EST. Saturday may be tough but tonight, Friday or Sunday should work.

It's going to be interesting as we've went from #3 to losing two of our last three. Tomorrow night would work great for me - anytime really.

JeffHCross
08-12-2010, 08:53 PM
If the kicking sliders remained the same, be very aware... the kicking distance is considerably shorter. I'd recommend some practice field time before playing the gamel.That will suck for me ... my K already was crap beyond 40. Definitely going to load up the practice field then ...

psuexv
08-12-2010, 08:56 PM
It's going to be interesting as we've went from #3 to losing two of our last three. Tomorrow night would work great for me - anytime really.

Sounds like a plan. Let's shoot for 10 tomorrow night.

Oneback
08-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Michigan runs over Purdue 42 - 21.

Player of the Game:
Michael Cox - HB, 41 car, 254 yds, 6 td

fsuprime
08-12-2010, 11:17 PM
gg escobar, FSU beats Clemson 34-28.

J. Thomas had 145 on 26 carries and 1 TD. Ponder threw for over 200 and 3 TDs (2ints)

Rain made the game almost un playable lol, tipped passes, lots of fumbles and over throws for both sides (well to be fair i only fumbled once and recovered it, clemson lost 2 fumbles).

Oneback
08-12-2010, 11:27 PM
As of right now Michael Cox has one more yard than Ryan Williams, the rushing title watch is on...what can Williams do against UNC?

fsuprime
08-12-2010, 11:36 PM
probably alot, that D has given up on the season with how bad their O is ;)

texacotea
08-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Miami handles Ga Tech but loses Jacory Harris for the year with a broken collarbone :(

skipwondah33
08-13-2010, 09:58 AM
As of right now Michael Cox has one more yard than Ryan Williams, the rushing title watch is on...what can Williams do against UNC?

The world will find out later this evening

I think I got jumped once AGAIN in the rankings lol

psuexv
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
ID - I"m online now if you want to play now

Iron Dragon
08-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Snowing in Norman.

skipwondah33
08-13-2010, 09:14 PM
lol

North Carolina down 21 in the 3rd quarter. Then the game decides it wants to help them out a little bit. They moved 50% faster than my team in every phase, their QB couldn't miss a throw, my defense could cover as someone was ALWAYS open. Their running back always had a perfect hole to run through.....and well they would run off 21 straight

But despite the CPU's attempts, VT would still win the game. Their punter was 1-1 at one point before he threw a pick on their 2nd fake punt.

JeffHCross
08-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Penn State wins 31-28, thanks to the ability to score when they had the chance. Ohio State has a Scott Norwood-esque FG miss early in the 3rd quarter, and also left 3+ points on the field with an interception at the 5 yard line with :02 to go before halftime. Either of those being converted would have, all other things being equal, let the Buckeyes protect their home turf.

gg, as always, Snoop.

Iron Dragon
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Wow, I have never seen anything like this in the game before, not sure if it was lag but I couldn't get a kickoff any time which ended up screwing me over at the end starting our final drive at our own 4, I guess there was some strange lag or something, but it was on every kickoff and the ball bounced behind me.. it was really odd.

USC beats Oklahoma 28-24.. CJ Gable and Shareece Wright on kickoffs breaks about 500 tackles in the victory as Landry Jones throws a pick where he completely underthrows a wide open Raterree near the endzone.. like 10 yards off. The last Gable TD run was the luckiest thing I've ever seen as he's being tackled then suddenly breaks out of a 5-person gang tackle and spins away and then breaks another tackle and scores..

With double the yards, less turnovers, we only mustered up a measly 24 points with Jones' pick being our only TO.

I had a missed FG and mis-called a FG to be a fake which made Drew Allen be eaten alive by the USC defense on a fourth and 23.

Landry Jones 23-for-39 passing 321 yards 2 TD INT
DeMarco Murray 17 carries 168 yards TD 7 rec 60 yards TD
Dejuan Miller 8 rec 135 yards TD
Ryan Broyles 4 rec 79 yards

USC
CJ Gable 6 carries 109 yards 3 TD.. I'm not sure how he broke so many tackles but every two touches was a TD..
Shareece Wright 26.0 avg KR, also missed alot of tackles on him.

Jeez.. 6-0 start at #3 and now we're 7-3 and most likely going to be unranked.

psuexv
08-13-2010, 10:13 PM
USC wins in a barn burner in the end 28-24. Both defenses came to play early as the teams went into the locker room 7-3 USC at the half. I don't know if the offenses got warmed up from the snow in the locker room but they came out firing in the 3rd and 4th and combined for 42 total points in the 2nd half. It was like two heavy weight fighters throwing blows in the end. USC had a chance to potentially end the game in the 4th with about 5 to go up by 4 and driving in OU territory but Bradford coughed it up and the Sooners responded with a TO to go up 3. USC marched back down the field and scored on a amazing run by CJ Gable with 2:13 to go. OU went down swinging and moved the ball inside the 30 but it ended on a pick.

Great game - I wish I was set up to record games.

Iron Dragon
08-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah incredible game with alot of crazy plays.

Also I am shooting myself in the foot as Dejuan Miller stood alone inside the five on the INT play, he was staring at six points waving for the ball with no one around to pick or tackle him.

psuexv
08-13-2010, 10:17 PM
The last Gable TD run was the luckiest thing I've ever seen as he's being tackled then suddenly breaks out of a 5-person gang tackle and spins away and then breaks another tackle and scores.

I posted the Gable run... it was nuts. I don't think I've ever seen a run like that.

Iron Dragon
08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
I posted the Gable run... it was nuts. I don't think I've ever seen a run like that.

We both had 2 long runs.. Murray had like a 70-yard scamper and a 25 yard TD run but the other run didn't lead to a TD and both of your long runs led to TDs, which was the difference.

Also Murray had a great day receiving, was very big on second & longs and third & <3s type plays.

psusnoop
08-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Penn State wins 31-28, thanks to the ability to score when they had the chance. Ohio State has a Scott Norwood-esque FG miss early in the 3rd quarter, and also left 3+ points on the field with an interception at the 5 yard line with :02 to go before halftime. Either of those being converted would have, all other things being equal, let the Buckeyes protect their home turf.

gg, as always, Snoop.

Thanks Jeff and same to you. Always a great battle between to very close O's. If someone else could have seen the halftime stats they would have laughed. They were identical with the edge in rushing to Eddie and the Buckeye's.

That FG miss I was unsure of till the play calling screen came up. It was clooooosee that is for sure. I posted a vid (sorry Jeff). Great game and looking forward to many more.

psuexv
08-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Catching Murray from behind was huge on that 70+ run. If you get 7 there it's a different game with momentum.

gschwendt
08-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Looks like we're just waiting on Papa to play. Oneback, I'm going to be out of town all day tomorrow and better part of the day Sunday. Not exactly sure when I'll be back but at the latest probably 8pm on Sunday but could be as early as 3 or 4.

Oneback
08-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Looks like we're just waiting on Papa to play. Oneback, I'm going to be out of town all day tomorrow and better part of the day Sunday. Not exactly sure when I'll be back but at the latest probably 8pm on Sunday but could be as early as 3 or 4.

Sounds good, I've got a wedding to goto today so I wouldn't have been able to play today. Sunday is wide open so just text me when you know something. I would prefer Sunday around 9pm (so my son is in bed).

JeffHCross
08-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks Jeff and same to you. Always a great battle between to very close O's. If someone else could have seen the halftime stats they would have laughed. They were identical with the edge in rushing to Eddie and the Buckeye's.

That FG miss I was unsure of till the play calling screen came up. It was clooooosee that is for sure. I posted a vid (sorry Jeff). Great game and looking forward to many more.No worries, I posted the vid too.

Our second halves must have really sucked, lol. Until the final play of the first half I was like 7-8 for probably around 100, 120 yards. 10 rushes for 110, with not a single 3rd down attempt.

Those turnovers really cost me, especially the one to end the half.

psusnoop
08-15-2010, 12:23 PM
The turnover at the half was HUGE.