PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 15 Wishlist Thread

cdj
03-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Post your wishlist items (& discussion of items) here for Madden NFL 15.

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 11:53 PM
SO early but yet so far way.

I just want a better all around experience with superstar mode with involving pro days,senior day and combine drill work outs before draft... Then off the field stuff once signed and media days after games..

I also wanna see mouth pieces finally in the game as well as tats and real game change weather from cloudy to rain to medium snow to heavy and sunsets etc.

Jayrah
03-17-2014, 01:47 AM
I'll probably be updating this post over the next few days. Lots of ideas now that NCAA is offline for the foreseeable future. Suggestions cater to Xbox One.

Owner Mode:

- Love that I can play all games in owner mode. Hate that I can't watch CPU vs CPU. Come on EA that's an absolute NECESSITY for successful owner mode.
- Needs to be more realistic Funding for the owner. Average ticket price, concessions and parking vs coach/player salaries and game maintenance costs. Whatever they are doing with the bonuses is retarded and makes no sense.

Gameplay:

- WR/CB interactions must be dealt with. I'm sure they will be now that it's on the XB1. There is no excuse.
- Penalty interaction and more penalties possible.

Franchise:

- Free Agents need to be more picky about their team wants. Each player needs their own personality and team requirements. Even if you have the cap space to outbid everybody on a particular player, you should have to meet their requirements as well.
- Speaking of requirements for such things, potential free agents on your team (all players really) should have their own personalities tied to a loyalty rating.
- Still no idea why there haven't been personality traits added to players that would drive things such as penalty frequency, celebrations, team (locker room) chemistry, free agency draw and all the things already in owner mode such as Fan Happiness and Popularity ratings.

strattjw
03-20-2014, 12:48 PM
I would love a chemistry system were players of similar type play better together. If you are using a zone blocking scheme, for example, your line should have better chemistry if it is made up of zone blocking linemen. Same for having a west coast QB work better with route focused WRs.

I'd like better understanding of ratings and how they interact. I'd really like to know what AWR does per position and why it plays into OVR so much. Also what is the point of BCV if you are controlling the HB.

A return to the PS2 late days superstar mode would be nice. Exp spending is cool but I miss the calendar with non football activities like learning lines for a commercial.

I find that the defense keys off the HB way too much on read option to the point that a QB can get a consistent easy 100 yards before the defense starts to read QB. I'd rather see a defense adjust better to read option.

How about adding more staff positions like coordinators and coaches.

Also would like sliders that mean something. 0 pass rush should mean sacks almost never happen. 0 QB accuracy means passes fly all over the place. 100 rush defense means all linemen shed blocks in an instant. Right now sliders either feel like they do little or nothing at all.

Something needs to happen with the practice option. It is dumb that all practices reward the same yet all are not equal. I'd rather see practice go away and instead you had a week to week training drills or just something else. Practice overall is a choir to get more xp you cannot skip but don't want to do

I'd love to have the option to scout teams before playing them for tendency and such. Something to see what their base defense is (man/zone 2/zone 3) and blitz percentage and coverage behind a blitz. Stuff to let you build a game plan. Also if love to see a matchup screen comparing stuff like your OL versus their DL so you know what your strength and weakness are.

I would like to see ability to assign man coverage to specific receivers like how the Pats stuck Talib on Graham to shut him down during their game.

Also how about weak/strong backers instead of right/left. I'd love to dynamically place my rushing backer weak side and my run stuffing backer strong side. Also dynamically align safeties in the same way. Strong safety should play the strong side formation.

I wish there was some type of a coach adjustment system that let me change what players focus on between quarters or timeouts. Like the run/pass commit but more indepth and less lethal.

I want less strict depth chart restrictions. If I have Denard Robinson on my team why can't he be third string QB?

How about custom packages? The enhancements to custom playbooks are amazing but I'd like custom packages now so I can create the pass rush package or run stop package for a formation just like I want it.

I would love some stat that makes centers mean something. Right now you can put any guard in at center and they perform amazing. I saw Florida put a guard at center one year and he spent half the season messing up snaps.

Overall improvement in visuals for crowds and stadiums.

More historic uniform options.

Love the idea above for player personalities. If you bring in a disruptive presence he can negative impact player confidence while bringing in a leader can boost it. This could be offset/enhanced by coaching roles bought with xp. A Bellichek controls the locker room with disruptive favors better than a Shanahan does for example.

Also I'd love to see player roles return. Tie them to buyables from xp system.

Improved draft scouting with special combine, senior bowl, pro days, and such. Also love to see what teams are interested in what prospects by who shows up at pro days and such.

How about second glass support for PS4?

So many cool things they could add to make the game feel more immersive.

jaymo76
03-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Playing NCAA again quite a bit and knowing a number of the NCAA team was gobbled up into the Madden team, MADDEN 15 needs to see some sort of version of the halftime show AND the in-game updates that NCAA has. They add so much to the enjoyment and overall experience of the game. A weekly wrap-up show needs to return as well. Madden's biggest problem is that the CFM is so incredibly isolating. Anything that makes the league connected to your experience is crucial.

strattjw
03-20-2014, 03:03 PM
I agree with halftime show and post game show. Madden on PS3 had that at one point. I would also like to see more integration of the twitter and news fees covering more variety of stuff (ultimately tied to a personality system).

Also better created person options.

SmoothPancakes
03-20-2014, 10:22 PM
With the jump to the PS4 and Xbox One consoles, I'm of the firm belief now that there is absolutely no reason anymore for them NOT to have a full fledged and proper halftime show and post game show. Any reasoning, any excuse they had for the PS3 and 360, with the new consoles, those reasons and excuses are now bullshit.

WolverineJay
03-21-2014, 02:18 AM
Madden's biggest problem is that the CFM is so incredibly isolating. Anything that makes the league connected to your experience is crucial.

Exactly. Yet they ignore in-depth presentation year after year and its just pathetic how little they care about giving you a genuine living league experience. I played M10, M11, and M12 a couple weeks back and I forgot how M10 had a nice half-time show with the extra point showing scores and stats from around the league. M11 removed the immersive halftime portion leaving you only the weekly wrap-up show. Then M12 removed the Extra Point under the guise that they were rebuilding it bigger and better for the future (Total BS as 2 years later it has yet to return and probably isn't functional within the limiting CCM/CFM programming).

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2014, 01:31 PM
1. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)
2. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)
3. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)
4. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)
5. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)

I think that's everything I can think of at the moment. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh yeah, YEAR TO YEAR SAVES!

jaymo76
03-29-2014, 01:59 PM
1. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)
2. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)
3. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)
4. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)
5. Year to year saves (see MLB The Show)

I think that's everything I can think of at the moment. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh yeah, YEAR TO YEAR SAVES!

I agree 100% as this is/was a feature I want/wanted for Madden and NCAA pretty much every year. We nw know that it can be done... by SCEA... but that's not Tiburon. I'm not sold on the fact Tiburon wants or is capable of building this into Madden.

That being said, it would be awesome if it could be done and I would be greatly appreciative. I would love to "know" what happens to some of my players over their entire career. Fingers crossed for madden 15...

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2014, 02:17 PM
I agree 100% as this is/was a feature I want/wanted for Madden and NCAA pretty much every year. We nw know that it can be done... by SCEA... but that's not Tiburon. I'm not sold on the fact Tiburon wants or is capable of building this into Madden.

That being said, it would be awesome if it could be done and I would be greatly appreciative. I would love to "know" what happens to some of my players over their entire career. Fingers crossed for madden 15...

I've been a vocal supporter of it in NCAA for years. Every year in the wishlist tournament, I ALWAYS voted year to year saves over other options that I also really wanted to vote for, just because year to year saves was the top priority for me and my dynasties I'd do. Now that turns to Madden.

I don't see why they wouldn't want to do it. It could only help future sales.

For the very reason alone of not wanting to start over on franchises, Madden 25 is the only one I've bought new recently after release in the last 5 years. I bought Madden 10, 11 and 12 used for a handful of bucks, and bought Madden 13 on sale as a digital title from the Xbox Store for $29.99. Right now, from year to year, I have to be seriously impressed by their additions and changes from the previous version to even consider buying a new Madden title.

Right now, I'm married to Madden 25 for the sole fact of my Jaguars franchise. Right now, I really can't say I'm going to be willing to even consider buying Madden 15 since it would mean starting all over with my franchise. So, I skip Madden 15 and EA/Tiburon misses out on a likely $60 purchase from me, maybe even $120 if I skip Madden 16 too. And I can guarantee I wouldn't be the only one.

On the other hand, you take MLB the Show, I'm going to be more willing to purchase a new version each year if they make sufficient changes that I deem worth $60, as I can just carry over my franchise or RTTS and keep going with my progress or my career without having to throw it all in the trash and start over. And nor will I have to decide between trying to blow through 162 game seasons or trade away realism by playing a shorter schedule to fit time constraints. Now I can do a full blown, realistic 162 game season in franchise or RTTS and not be rushed to plow through it and try to get as much done and as many seasons done as I can before the next year's version is released, solely thanks to year to year saves. So, hey, if Madden decides they don't want my money, I'll gladly give it to SCEA and the team who work on MLB The Show.

Rudy
03-31-2014, 07:49 PM
I would love a halftime show. Plenty they can steal from NCAA like player lock, co-ordinator cam, live studio updates. NCAA 14 was FAR better on sideline awareness too. Madden drove me crazy with horrid WR animations at the sideline.

I want realistic team tendencies which means more man to man defence, especially on third down. Better CPU play calling.

And for crying out loud will your f'ing sliders work right!! It wa so easy to run the ball up the gut last year it ruined the game for me. Double team blocks destroyed everyone and the sliders did next to nothing. Putting 0 run block should mean something! And get rid of custom difficulty garbage. The difficulty options in NCAA where you could split them up on offense and defense was great. Sliders should also affect FG kicking. Only Stevie Wonder misses FGs in this game. Way too easy.

Infinity Engine was dumbed down last year. I liked it better in M13. I hope player movement is more realistic.

WolverineJay
04-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Infinity Engine was dumbed down last year. I liked it better in M13. I hope player movement is more realistic.

I agree that the Infinity Engine in M13 feels and looks better than M25's version. I got M13 last July for less than $10 just to hold me over to M25 and to give me a feel for scouting within CCM. I didn't play it that much before M25 came out, but I recently started playing it and I have been blown away at times with the organic feel of gameplay with the original Infinity Engine (the post play non-sense and weird limb movement are silly but not a big deal). I only really miss the M25 OL/DL interactions (the pass rush specifically), they are so much better than M13.

Rudy
04-01-2014, 05:08 AM
I agree that the Infinity Engine in M13 feels and looks better than M25's version. I got M13 last July for less than $10 just to hold me over to M25 and to give me a feel for scouting within CCM. I didn't play it that much before M25 came out, but I recently started playing it and I have been blown away at times with the organic feel of gameplay with the original Infinity Engine (the post play non-sense and weird limb movement are silly but not a big deal). I only really miss the M25 OL/DL interactions (the pass rush specifically), they are so much better than M13.

I swear the whole thing was dumbed down because of the post-play stuff and the occasional goofy tackle animation that would end up on youtube or twitter bashing EA. EA made the safe decision to go with a less organic tackling engine just to avoid the occasional goof up rather than really try to get it right. Even then some garbage happened so just do it right. I remember Brian Hartline catching a pass for me last year but the goofy animations caused his one leg to twitch above the ground the whole time so even though he caught it 5 yards in bounds and was driven out of bounds his one leg twitched inches above the grass and it was ruled incomplete. Technically a good call but just another thing that drove me nuts with WRs failing to catch a ball in bounds in M25. NCAA 14 was MUCH better in this area.

I barely played M25 last year before I sold it. I never finished my first season with the Dolphins but franchise felt like it wasn't improved at all. I really enjoyed the changes in franchise in M13 but in M25 it seemed the news stories were just taken from the twitter feeds. They were kept separate before. I'd love to see a real article (short) on the game I played. The Show used to have newspaper reports on every game I played in my season (just briefly describe the outcome and the highlight a good and bad player from both teams). In M13 they tried to have franchise do something every week. One week a player wants to negotiate a new deal but last year I don't ever remember getting contacted for an extension in my one season (fluke?). I didn't see any improvement.

EA made a real big deal about M25 being an anniversary edition and yet there was nothing special about it. NHL put in NHL 94 for fun - why didn't Madden include an old game? Sell that as a special edition and always include an older game for the heck of it.