PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 NCAA 14 OD: 2016 - Week 5

cdj
02-21-2014, 10:20 AM
The week will advance again on Monday, February 24.

User v User Games:
#16 Tennessee (marcotte) at Washington State (cdj)
#2 Maryland (HANDSWARD) at Minnesota (gschwendt)

Off-week: #3 Ohio State (Marlowe), #9 Oklahoma (Escobar)

Good luck!

cdj
02-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Marcotte - Let me know your availability for this weekend and I'll try to match up. I don't think I have much going on. If we don't go until Monday, early/mid-afternoon might work, otherwise after 8 PM CT should.

gschwendt
02-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Getting slightly ahead gschwendt, we play each other next. I am available tonight after 7:00/7:30 ET. I will be around most of the weekend. No big plans, just have to hit the range a few times as I prepare for a golf tournament I am playing in next week. I can fit that in around whatever your availability is, however, I'd prefer to just get it out of the way tonight. Just let me know what works for you.

Sorry, tonight and tomorrow are out most likely. I might be on later tonight but won't know a time frame or anything... if I see you on, I'll holler at you.

The best time frame I could give you would be Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday night. Let me know which of those work best and if you have a specific time in mind.

HANDSWARD
02-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Sorry, tonight and tomorrow are out most likely. I might be on later tonight but won't know a time frame or anything... if I see you on, I'll holler at you.

The best time frame I could give you would be Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday night. Let me know which of those work best and if you have a specific time in mind.

I'll be around tonight. Just msg me if you see me on psn. If that doesn't work out we could shoot for Sunday afternoon. Anytime then is good as long as I know ahead of time. So just say a specific time and I'm good.

gschwendt
02-21-2014, 10:58 AM
I'll be around tonight. Just msg me if you see me on psn. If that doesn't work out we could shoot for Sunday afternoon. Anytime then is good as long as I know ahead of time. So just say a specific time and I'm good.
If tonight doesn't work out, I'll set us a specific time for Sunday.

marcotte14
02-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Marcotte - Let me know your availability for this weekend and I'll try to match up. I don't think I have much going on. If we don't go until Monday, early/mid-afternoon might work, otherwise after 8 PM CT should.

Anytime tonight through Monday after 9 pm EST works for me.

Joker1170
02-21-2014, 07:30 PM
I know this may not be the right forum but does anyone have a good pro style playbook suggestion I can use with a good mix of balance off?

Marlowe
02-21-2014, 11:53 PM
try :Western_Kentucky:

gschwendt
02-22-2014, 08:57 AM

I didn't make it on last night. Let's set a time for tomorrow at 4pm CT if that works for you.

HANDSWARD
02-22-2014, 09:16 AM
I didn't make it on last night. Let's set a time for tomorrow at 4pm CT if that works for you.

That works. See you then.

cdj
02-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Anytime tonight through Monday after 9 pm EST works for me.

Let's aim for Sunday or Monday night. Maybe around 9:30-10 PM ET Sunday?

marcotte14
02-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Let's aim for Sunday or Monday night. Maybe around 9:30-10 PM ET Sunday?

Sunday sounds good!

gschwendt
02-23-2014, 02:55 PM
HANDS, I'm online and ready to play whenever you are... just shoot me a message on PSN.

Joker1170
02-23-2014, 04:34 PM
I have tried twice to play my game and it has froze up 2 times on me .

HANDSWARD
02-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Marland pulls out a 3 OT thriller in Minnesota 48-45. It was a defensive game most of the first half, with the Terps leading 10-6 nearing the end of the half. Maryland added to that lead with a good drive resulting in a TD, 17-6 at halftime. Maryland started the second half where they left off the first. A quick stop on defense followed by another TD drive had the Terps at a comfortable 24-6 lead. But the Golden Gophers would not go away that easy. They answered with a quick TD drive, added a 2 pointer and were back in the game, 24-14. Maryland takes the next drive into Gopher territory and ends up faced with a 4th and inches on the 40 yard line. The QB sneak gets stuffed and the Gophers have more life. They quickly drive for a TD, 24-21. Maryland comes out too conservative. 3 and out forces a punt, which is shanked to set up great field position for Minnesota. They use it to score and take the lead, 28-24. Terps get the ball back with 2:30 remaining. First play, interception, Gopher ball on the Terp 25 yard line. Terps use some time outs on 1st and 2nd down, but the 3rd down is picked up and it is looking like it may be over. Time out on 1st down again, about 2:00 left. Two runs get stopped to force 4th down and a FG, but the Gophers managed to run the clock down to 0:36 in the process with the score at 31-24. So with 30 seconfds left after a return out to the 28, the Terps start to drive. Sophmore Chris Bracken, the 2nd QB, is in for mobility to extend plays and make things happen. Boy did he make things happen. Picking up quick first downs, running the no huddle, the Terps drive all the way down the field. They are finally faced with a 1st and goal from the 7 with 5 seconds left, and Bracken finds Gatewood for a TD. Tie game going to overtime. In OT, both teams scored TDs in the 1st and 2nd OT. Gophers have the ball to start the 3rd OT, and they throw and interception. Maryland gets the ball, a qucik run up the middle to shorten the field goal, 35 yarder is good for the win. What a game!

Great game gschwendt. That is by far the most exciting user game I have played this year. Thought you had me. i can't believe I pulled off that drive at the end. I was so mad after that INT with 2:30 left. Game was really laggy at that point. I think I pressed that button 3 times before he threw it and by the time it actually registered it was way late to even throw to that route. Look forward to a rematch. Gotta play another after that one.

Joker1170
02-23-2014, 05:49 PM
I had a102 yard td run not recorded. And in second game I had 3 td passes not recorded. Sucks oh well will try again later

cdj
02-23-2014, 09:00 PM
marcotte - That is the second hard freeze on trying to connect. I will put my team on Auto and have you play the CPU, if you don't mind.

marcotte14
02-23-2014, 09:04 PM
marcotte - That is the second hard freeze on trying to connect. I will put my team on Auto and have you play the CPU, if you don't mind.

Is it me? I had this same problem with ecirp earlier this year, but my system never froze, but we both say "Ready"

cdj
02-23-2014, 09:08 PM
I honestly don't know. I would guess it is something within EA's online system/structure. Many other games I can connect relatively easy and play with little to no lag, but on NCAA it's always been a battle to connect and have a smooth experience.

Were you using a custom playbook? Uni DLC? I was using a different team's playbook (NEB) and a mix & match of WSU's unis. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but some think it does.

I am now set to Auto, so you should be good to go.

marcotte14
02-23-2014, 09:10 PM
I am using a custom playbook, but no uni DLC. Maybe I'll try a different playbook.

cdj
02-23-2014, 09:21 PM
3 for 3. I don't think it is meant to be. :(

I'll try and remember in the offseason to avoid scheduling you against ecirp & myself if there are connection issues.

Joker1170
02-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Played game a 3rd time and lost of course my WRs had ? symbol as their numbers the whole game so I could never hot route anyone and the cpu had at least 15 broken tackles on me . I really wish we could tone down the cpu RBA anyway another B.S. game glad everyone else is winning.

pearice
02-24-2014, 03:10 AM
This must have been connection saturday. I set myself to autopilot incase im not around tomorrow and the week needs to advance.

JBHuskers
02-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Nice win for Arkansas against A&M. My HB had 240 yards in 3 quarters before getting a mild concussion and knocked out for the 4th quarter. Was hoping I'd get 300 with him. TE Hunter Henry also caught 4 TD's in the win.