PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 NCAA 14 OD: 2016 - Week 2 (Heartbreak Saturday)

cdj
02-12-2014, 08:16 AM
The week will advance again on Friday, February 14.

User v User Games:
#9 Cal (ecirpwehttam) at Tennessee (marcotte)
#10 Oklahoma (Escobar) at #23 Stanford (psusnoop)
#3 Arkansas (JBHuskers) at Minnesota (JBHuskers)

Off-week: #7 Ohio State (Marlowe)

We have made some slight slider changes based on feedback from week one. Please post any thoughts below.

Good luck!

JBHuskers
02-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Tommy and I are playing tomorrow night.

marcotte14
02-12-2014, 09:33 AM
ecirpwehttam, I am available tonight through friday anytime after 9 pm EST.

cdj
02-12-2014, 09:59 AM
#16 Washington State falls at Boise State 38-35 in 2 OT. :fp:

WSU outplayed the Broncos, but three turnovers and several failed red zone trips left the door open for Boise. The opening possession of the game saw a WSU fumble on the Boise one-yard line that was returned for a 99-yard scoop and score. The Broncos also completed a game-tying touchdown pass as regulation ended to force OT.

The Cougars needed a win as after an off-week they face two user squads - at #23 Stanford (psusnoop) and then Tennessee (marcotte). They now face a 1-3 start to the season and could have a winless September.

The sliders seemed vastly improved and the CPU was legitimately competitive without breaking a lot of run plays like last week.

IMO the CPU QB is pretty average until they get into the red zone, then it seems their accuracy goes up despite less space to work with. I don't think that has anything to do with sliders, just the way the CPU logic works.

JBHuskers
02-12-2014, 10:15 AM
#3 Arkansas (JBHuskers) at Minnesota (JBHuskers)

I'm so talented, I'm playing against myself!

gschwendt
02-12-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm so talented, I'm playing against myself!
But somehow you'll still find a way to lose. :)

JBHuskers
02-12-2014, 10:41 AM
But somehow you'll still find a way to lose. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX435CJQtAo

HANDSWARD
02-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Maryland survives a close one against Iowa 41-38. The Terps run D was non-existent most of the game. If Iowa runs the ball the whole game then they win in a landslide. Iowa RB Michael Mallory ran for 328 yards on 22 carries for 5 TDs. Thankfully, they picked enough pass plays to help force a few punts. A missed FG from 50 yards and a failed 4th and goal from the 1 by the Hawkeyes were also key plays in the Terp's victory.

Joker1170
02-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Maryland survives a close one against Iowa 41-38. The Terps run D was non-existent most of the game. If Iowa runs the ball the whole game then they win in a landslide. Iowa RB Michael Mallory ran for 328 yards on 22 carries for 5 TDs. Thankfully, they picked enough pass plays to help force a few punts. A missed FG from 50 yards and a failed 4th and goal from the 1 by the Hawkeyes were also key plays in the Terp's victory.

328 yards rushing on 22 caries and 5 tds, by a running back that would never happen in real life the cpu rb abitly needs to be addressed.

JBHuskers
02-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Well this isn't real life :D dude do you ever stop complaining?

HANDSWARD
02-13-2014, 03:55 PM

:clap:

:deadhorse:

steelerfan
02-13-2014, 04:57 PM
The record for yards is 406 and for TDs is 8 so I wouldn't say NEVER. ;)

psusnoop
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
The record for yards is 406 and for TDs is 8 so I wouldn't say NEVER. ;)

BAM!!! :D

psusnoop
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Escobar and I scheduled our game tonight.

pearice
02-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Marcotte and I attempted to play but the game kept freezing when we both went ready... Gonna try again tom night

psusnoop
02-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Marcotte and I attempted to play but the game kept freezing when we both went ready... Gonna try again tom night

I ran into this in another od. It was against nykia. As soon as we tried to ready up I locked up completely and had to hard reboot my ps3. We tried for 3 days and over 12 attempts with different playbooks, uniforms, and anything else and nothing worked at all. I'd like to wish you luck but I can almost bet a SIM is in the future for you too. That's what we had to do.

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 10:56 AM
It is definitely Heartbreak Saturday. Tommy's Minnesota squad upset #3 Arkansas 41-38. However, I did come back from down 21 to tie it with a couple minutes to go.

marcotte14
02-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I ran into this in another od. It was against nykia. As soon as we tried to ready up I locked up completely and had to hard reboot my ps3. We tried for 3 days and over 12 attempts with different playbooks, uniforms, and anything else and nothing worked at all. I'd like to wish you luck but I can almost bet a SIM is in the future for you too. That's what we had to do.

Man I hope we dont have to sim it. I'm itching to play with my new team. We're going to try again tonight and hopefully it works. We've played before and it's been fine, so I don't understand whats going on.

Joker1170
02-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Can't play game till late tonight or tommorrow, taking wife out for Valentines Day.

gschwendt
02-14-2014, 01:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNQWnqdGMg
The Gaming Tailgate Online Dynasty
Season 4 Week 2
#3 Arkansas Razorbacks at Minnesota Golden Gophers
JBHuskers vs gschwendt

Music:
Sons of Alpha Centauri - 31
Sons of Alpha Centauri - 23

cdj
02-14-2014, 09:45 PM
With it being Valentine's and user games in the balance, I will wait and advance on Saturday. This is a hard deadline, however.

Please keep us posted in this thread with game scheduling status.

Joker1170
02-15-2014, 12:58 AM

LMAO.............I wiill just kept my comments to myself!:mad:

psusnoop
02-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Escobar and I have had conflicting schedules, we are trying to set something up today but a SIM may be needed and that's ok to keep this OD moving.

marcotte14
02-15-2014, 08:37 AM
ecirp ended up going to auto pilot so I could play. I don't understand what happened, we tried again last night and it froze again when both teams were "ready". The weird thing is, we played before so I don't know what went wrong.

My opinion on the sliders. It was VERY easy to run the football (12 ATT 132 YDS) After over/under throwing receivers in the 1st qtr, my QB settled down and was pretty consistent in hitting his targets. The cpu dropped numerous balls that hit them in the hands and just fell to the ground. Although they did come back a little bit in the 2nd half after I put in my 2nd team. I understand that this is just a video game and we may never get "real life stats", but that's what makes it fun right?

My suggestions:
Increased CPU WR Catching
Decrease USER RB Ability & Run Blocking

gschwendt
02-15-2014, 08:53 AM
I strongly vote no to decreasing User HB Ability... It's at 45 and the more you drop it, the slower and more sluggish HB running becomes. I suggest increasing CPU run defense instead. The game I had against JB, I felt both our running games performed fairly well.

Joker1170
02-15-2014, 12:51 PM
My 87 acc rating can't hit the board side of a barn much less complete a simple slant route. I had 3 ints that were basic lob pass across the middle to wide open wr and it passes ended up going completely right or left into a lb who is just standing there. I not "COMPLAINING" just giving input, of course we lost.

psusnoop
02-15-2014, 01:47 PM
I agree don't lower RB but rather up the CPU run defense.

marcotte14
02-15-2014, 03:15 PM
I agree don't lower RB but rather up the CPU run defense.

Ok, I agree with that.

Marlowe
02-15-2014, 06:12 PM
ecirp ended up going to auto pilot so I could play. I don't understand what happened, we tried again last night and it froze again when both teams were "ready". The weird thing is, we played before so I don't know what went wrong.

I've experienced this a few times and it's usually due to 1. Either you or your opponent's custom playbook has been corrupted. 2. You or your opponent made changes to your depth chart after the week was advanced but before entering the game.

Usually if it's the first, playing with default playbooks solves the problem. If it's the latter, you're pretty much screwed. I usually only make changes to depth chart in game or after my game has been played but before the week advances.

cdj
02-15-2014, 08:12 PM
Escobar and I have had conflicting schedules, we are trying to set something up today but a SIM may be needed and that's ok to keep this OD moving.

When do you plan on trying again?

Keep the feedback coming on sliders, guys. All feedback helps.