PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 NCAA 14 OD: 2016 - Week 1

cdj
02-10-2014, 10:02 AM
The week will advance again on Wednesday, February 12.

There are no user v user games, so let's try and get week one knocked out by Tuesday night (Weds morning advance).

Off-week: Tennessee (marcotte), Oklahoma (Escobar)

HANDSWARD
02-10-2014, 10:31 AM
I will play my game tonight.

gschwendt
02-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Joker, did you do anything special when you joined to be able to get coach XP? I'm not getting any (my Coach Goals are empty) but I see that you got some during your first season. Is there some trick I'm missing?

cdj
02-10-2014, 06:55 PM
#18 Washington State rallied from a seven-point deficit and sluggish first half to defeat UMass 35-24.

True freshman RB Corey Henry (redshirt status apparent did not stick :mad:) finished with 85 yards on the ground and four touchdowns, while QB Justin Butler had a very efficient day passing, going 18 of 23 for 160 yards and one touchdown. UMass RB Woodley finished with 252 yards rushing on 28 attempts. :fp:

WSU is in action next week at Boise State.

HANDSWARD
02-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Maryland gets off to a great start demolishing Texas 48-7 in Austin. The Longhorns were in control early with a 7-3 win at the end of the 1st quarter. QB Jalen Overstreet and HB Jarrett Smith were nearly impossible to stop on the ground. But then a big time hit stick from freshman FS Marquis Bennett laid out Overstreet while the Longhorns were driving. He would not return to the game. That brought in backup QB Connor Brewer along with a philosophy change for the Longhorns. They abandoned their wildly successful ground game in favor of throwing almost every down the rest of the game. In the process, Brewer went 9-29 for 75 yards and 2 INTs, including only completing 1 of his first 11 pass attempts. The inept Longhorn offense gave the Terps a ton of time of possession, and they used it to pile on the points the rest of the game. The 2 QB system saw both passers eclipse 100 yards and throw a TD. The running game had 4 players with 10+ carries combining for over 200 yards. The highlight out of the backfield was true freshman Fred Frazier, whole totaled 116 yards on 18 touches for 2 TDs.

My thoughts on the sliders from this one game: It's tough to tell defensively because of the weird playcalling that happened when their backup came in. He's a 95 rated pocket passer. Most of his incompletions were throwaways. The throwaways were when I was at least 2 seconds away from sacking him. He got spooked very easily. When their guys did manage to come down with the ball they were near impossible to tackle. Square tackling almost didn't work at all. I turned to hit sticking at the start of the second quarter and that worked a lot better (even got me that key injury). But hit sticking all tackles leads to a lot of whiffs, which won't create the steady ground game that we need to see out of the CPU. It seems like a big gain or a no gain when they run the ball, worse so than last season. I felt that offense was challenging. I put up a lot of points cause their D got really tired. I could tell. They were really fast and tough in the 1st quarter. Then they were on the field for the rest of the game (23:15 to 8:45 was TOP). My run game was none existent, then it opened up and I was outrunning them to the edge. I would let the sliders ride as is for at least another week. Perhaps a few others can share their feedback so we can get a better gauge overall. But my gut tells me that RB ability is a little too high and that whatever causes the QB to throw away, we need to make it not happen as much.

pearice
02-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, im sorry I missed the offseason it completely slipped my mind. I will try to get my game played in a little bit.

Joker1170
02-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Joker, did you do anything special when you joined to be able to get coach XP? I'm not getting any (my Coach Goals are empty) but I see that you got some during your first season. Is there some trick I'm missing?

I don't think so I believed you join same time i did before new season started, one thing I remember reading somewhere is it you may have to pick a team that another user who isn't with dyn anymore already owned. But honestly its all a mystery to me and it seems also its a mystery to EA also, because they have no answer or solution, but they are aware of the issue.

JBHuskers
02-11-2014, 11:19 AM
I'll be playing around 7 or 8 central tonight.

Marlowe
02-11-2014, 12:22 PM
My thoughts on the sliders from this one game: It's tough to tell defensively because of the weird playcalling that happened when their backup came in. He's a 95 rated pocket passer. Most of his incompletions were throwaways. The throwaways were when I was at least 2 seconds away from sacking him. He got spooked very easily. When their guys did manage to come down with the ball they were near impossible to tackle. Square tackling almost didn't work at all. I turned to hit sticking at the start of the second quarter and that worked a lot better (even got me that key injury). But hit sticking all tackles leads to a lot of whiffs, which won't create the steady ground game that we need to see out of the CPU. It seems like a big gain or a no gain when they run the ball, worse so than last season. I felt that offense was challenging. I put up a lot of points cause their D got really tired. I could tell. They were really fast and tough in the 1st quarter. Then they were on the field for the rest of the game (23:15 to 8:45 was TOP). My run game was none existent, then it opened up and I was outrunning them to the edge. I would let the sliders ride as is for at least another week. Perhaps a few others can share their feedback so we can get a better gauge overall. But my gut tells me that RB ability is a little too high and that whatever causes the QB to throw away, we need to make it not happen as much.

Probably need to raise user tackling if we keep RBA at 75. Intentional grounding penalty controls QB throw away. As far as my opinion on sliders.

Only thing I had a problem with was QB accuracy. Granted I still completed over 80% of my passes. Went 16 of 19 but those were mainly dink and dunks. For the most part I just ran the ball because my inept d coordinator can't stop jack. When I did pass I noticed any type of lead on the pass was overthrowing receivers and this was with my QB standing still

HANDSWARD
02-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Only thing I had a problem with was QB accuracy. Granted I still completed over 80% of my passes. Went 16 of 19 but those were mainly dink and dunks. For the most part I just ran the ball because my inept d coordinator can't stop jack. When I did pass I noticed any type of lead on the pass was overthrowing receivers and this was with my QB standing still

That was always my beef with the QB Acc at 5. You can't throw anything past 10 yards, you can't do any pass lead, and you can't attempt to make any throws on the run. You have to stand perfectly still and just press the button. But at 10, I can complete 95% of my passes. It is night and day. Probably the worst functioning slider in the game. I did the same as you, still completed a ton of passes cause I stuck to dink and dunk. I had said I was fine with changing it to 5 in the slider thread when I was adamantly against it when we started the dynasty. Main reason is that I knew people were piling up passing stats (myself included) and that it would at least bring that back to reality. I am still ok with moving forward with it at 5. But playing the game is not as fun with it at 5.

psusnoop
02-11-2014, 02:49 PM
I took down my former team 45-42. It was a good game.

I agree with the sliders if you love it up to 10 it's like everyone is Montana but at 5 it's like your Montana's are Ryan Leaf. Lol

Im perfectly fine with it at 5 as most of my OD's use that. I thought things were good. I'd like to see CPU rush defense maybe bumped a tic but I have a run based offensive playbook.

gschwendt
02-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Either HUM tackling needs to be raised or CPU HB Ability needs to be dropped... Colorado's 83OVR HB had too big of a day against me.

Joker1170
02-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Something wierd has happened, my whole recuritung board has been cleared and all my players I had arranged on it are gone. What is causing this?

Joker1170
02-11-2014, 05:16 PM
U can sim my game I refuse to play against a b.s. cpu that destroys me every game and I see everyone else rake up all kind of ungodly stats and never lose. I can't get a win and now I have now recuritung because the system refuses to let me make a recuritung list. Plus my dog unplugged my ps3.

psusnoop
02-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Something wierd has happened, my whole recuritung board has been cleared and all my players I had arranged on it are gone. What is causing this?

If you had not changed your recruiting strategy to no from yes then that's why your board is a mess.

cdj
02-11-2014, 10:55 PM
I will take a closer look at the current sliders and recommendations and advance in the morning.

Joker1170
02-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Well Im the big loser again, it seems everyone else gets a win but me no matter what I loss. Even with have 23:14 of top to UCLA's 8:46 they still win doesnt makes no sense, they had 2 possitions t he whole first half and still beat me by 10.

Joker1170
02-11-2014, 11:34 PM
I will take a closer look at the current sliders and recommendations and advance in the morning.

Its doesnt matter you guys have the horses to run the with sliders I dont.

Joker1170
02-11-2014, 11:39 PM
If I could post a video I took you would see how b.s. the cpu is on a 1 star team, or I just plain suck.

psusnoop
02-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Post it to YouTube and share the link with us.

psusnoop
02-12-2014, 06:41 AM
To be honest it have no issues with you taking a 3 star team or a 4 star team.