PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2

JBHuskers
02-05-2014, 09:19 AM
The Houston Texans are on the clock.....literally ;)

http://i02.hsncdn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/prodfull/art-glass-wall-clock-houston-texans-d-20100517192403717~5754186w.jpg

Word is they're pondering between Manziel and Bortles. You'd think they would be able to trade down for either one.

JBHuskers
02-05-2014, 11:34 AM
CBS will be airing 8 Thursday Night Football games next season.... (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/05/cbs-to-air-8-thursday-night-football-games-in-fall-2014/234786/)

NFL Network will simulcast, and also will be the cast in-studio for pregame, halftime, and postgame.

NFL Network takes over in week 9 with Thursday games up until weeks 16 and 17; which are Saturday games.

GatorfanStovy
02-05-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm hoping Sf trades and gets Mike Evans! I doubt it but would be awesome if not I'm looking at Jordan Mathews or Jarred Adberdsis from :Stanford: later rounds..

Rudy
02-06-2014, 04:23 AM
The Houston Texans are on the clock.....literally ;)

Word is they're pondering between Manziel and Bortles. You'd think they would be able to trade down for either one.

No way can you trade down for the QB you like in this draft. 4 of the top 5 teams and the Vikings at 8 all have a big need at QB. If you want one you have to take one and that means over drafting for one.

You have:
1. Houston (big QB need)
2. St. Louis (potential QB need)
3. Jacksonville (big QB need)
4. Cleveland (big QB need)
5. Raiders (big QB need)
8. Vikings (big QB need)

You also have the Bucs at #7 if they aren't happy with Glennon (they probably wouldn't take a QB here) and the Titans at #11. If a QB doesn't get taken by #11 there could be a big slide. #11 appears to be the QB cliff this year.

skipwondah33
02-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Ram it just dawned on me about a discussion we had a while ago

That Defense wins championships. Think Seattle helped further that theory a little. Even without the Offense they won 9-8 lol

ram29jackson
02-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Ram it just dawned on me about a discussion we had a while ago

That Defense wins championships. Think Seattle helped further that theory a little. Even without the Offense they won 9-8 lol

come on now...if the defense is the only score/s that means the Seattle offense would have never done certain things and got in certain field positions to keep Denver from getting more and better/other opportunities.

Denver just had one heck of a bad day.

excuse me while I go to the store to get this weeks Sports Illustrated

http://prod.static.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/SEA/articleImages/events/2013/Supe-Bowl-Post/140205-si-cover-600x405.jpg

skipwondah33
02-08-2014, 12:02 PM
You know what it means

Don't take it in the literal sense that you don't need offense to actually win

Of course you do. However someone has to stop someone to win the game.

The Ravens did it when the Niners were on the 5

The Seahawks did..pretty much all game.

If offense wins then the Broncos having set records, been unstoppable and the best Offense in history should have won easily.

Yet the best Defense in the league was the team who won.

With an Offense ranked in the 20's or low 20's.

Peyton was shut down because of Seattle's defense not because Denver's offense

Rudy
02-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Yet the best Defense in the league was the team who won.

With an Offense ranked in the 20's or low 20's.

Well that part isn't really true. The Seahawks were tied for 8th in the league at scoring 26.1 pts per game. They were 17th in yards per game and they got a big weapon in Harvin back for the Superbowl who they missed almost all year. The Seahawks offense is a pretty good one too. Russel Wilson is the only QB to have had 100+ QB ratings in his first two years.

The last time a #1 offense went up against a #1 defense in a Superbowl was the Bills vs. the Giants in 1990. The Giants won that one 20-19. I don't think it's fair to say this one game indicates defense wins championships despite Seattle's dominance. Denver's defense was only ranked #22 in points allowed and #14 in yards allowed. Overall Seattle's offense was better than Denver's defense while their strengths should have cancelled each other out.

Teams can be built all kinds of ways. The Rams with Kurt Warner won almost entirely because of their offense. Their defense benefited with other teams always playing catchup but that defense with a bad offense would have been terrible. The Packers with Rodgers were led by the offense. Same goes for the Saints and Colts in the last 10 years. Yes defense is VERY important (Baltimore, Pittsburgh and a bunch of teams with rings will all scream that) and probably more important than offense but it's not a slam dunk imo. If I had to choose between a #1 offense or a #1 defense I would probably take the #1 defense which I would estimate a 60% chance to win. In college football I think I would take the offensive team right now.

skipwondah33
02-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Rudy I was talking about yards per game, not points.

That was also a guess as well without looking at any info whatsoever. I do know at one point during the season they were ranked in the bottom 4 teams in pass yards per game..believe 28-29th. Think around week 7,8. Hell probably not much better all season not sure.

No lead isn't worth a damn if you can't stop or get stops against an Offense.

If the Steelers had a Defense that could stop teams they would have been in playoffs.

Maybe it should be said Running the ball and Defense wins championships. Just know if you gave Seattle's defense to any of the teams that made playoffs chances are they win the title.

And yeah there is hardly no defense in college. I'd take Offense all day in the "the out no huddle the no huddlers championships" aka "basketball on grass"

Rudy
02-09-2014, 11:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgC9tYVCIAADZRx.jpg:large

ram29jackson
02-10-2014, 03:35 PM
*** football players.......

steelerfan
02-10-2014, 04:27 PM
*** football players.......

You trying to initiate a dream sequence?

JBHuskers
02-11-2014, 11:11 AM
http://cdn.weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/old-guys-laughing-gif.gif

ram29jackson
02-11-2014, 11:55 AM
You trying to initiate a dream sequence?

of you.....

skipwondah33
02-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Wells report released..finally

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Wells report released..finally

141 pages....that'd be an interesting read

steelerfan
02-14-2014, 03:58 PM
ESPN - NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made $44.2 million in 2012, according to tax returns submitted by league

It is good to be Commissioner.

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Johnny Football said the Texans better not pass him over and let their "rival" Jacksonville get him.

I didn't know two teams in the shitter = rivalry.

SmoothPancakes
02-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Johnny Football said the Texans better not pass him over and let their "rival" Jacksonville get him.

:D Yeah, since when the hell are the Texans and Jaguars rivals? Just because they're in the same division does not make them rivals. Just because they both suck does not make them rivals.

Rudy
02-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Wells report is ugly for Miami. It puts most of blame on Incognito while also recognizing Martin had mental issues. Report as said Nate Garner and Samurai got treated worse than Martin (does not justify treatment in lockerroom). Just got hone, need to reservists myself.

jaymo76
02-14-2014, 09:54 PM

Ideally I would love to see all 32 teams pass on him. He may have talent but the kid is a smug, immature and highly entitled person. A little humility would serve him well. Please Oakland... if he's there don't select him...:smh:

ram29jackson
02-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Ideally I would love to see all 32 teams pass on him. He may have talent but the kid is a smug, immature and highly entitled person. A little humility would serve him well. Please Oakland... if he's there don't select him...:smh:

LOL every single Heisman winner has been that the last few years except for the Alabama Running back. Even Tebow was smug in the sense that he thought he would be a QB no matter what the better judgement said. They get over it in a year or 2 anyway.

early scouting..his mechanics aren't good anyway..he relies on his arm-doesn't step through and throws off balance all over the place

Rudy
02-15-2014, 03:44 AM
LOL every single Heisman winner has been that the last few years except for the Alabama Running back. Even Tebow was smug in the sense that he thought he would be a QB no matter what the better judgement said. They get over it in a year or 2 anyway.

Nothing like painting everyone with a broad brush smh. Manziel was a huge partier at A&M and there was definite friction with him and the coaching staff there. He also felt he could get away with signing autographs for cash (he did) when he knew it was against the rule. You have to go back to Reggie Bush to see a kid try to get away with some of that stuff. These are red flags.

And Tebow was not smug. He wanted to be a QB and he told teams that. He was still a hard worker and leader in the clubhouse. He just wasn't a good passer.

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Nothing like painting everyone with a broad brush smh. Manziel was a huge partier at A&M and there was definite friction with him and the coaching staff there. He also felt he could get away with signing autographs for cash (he did) when he knew it was against the rule. You have to go back to Reggie Bush to see a kid try to get away with some of that stuff. These are red flags.

And Tebow was not smug. He wanted to be a QB and he told teams that. He was still a hard worker and leader in the clubhouse. He just wasn't a good passer.

Yeah, and with how wild Manziel ran while at Texas A&M, just think of how he'll be in the NFL, with money piling in from his contracts and any endorsements, not having to watch his steps (like he even did) to avoid getting penalized by the NCAA or his coaches. It's going to be free reign for him. I give him three years before he goes over a cliff in life outside of football and he fades out of the scene in football.

JBHuskers
02-15-2014, 06:42 PM
He would have made a great character in ESPN's Playmakers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ram29jackson
02-21-2014, 01:51 PM
http://sitracking.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/helmet02_20_14_1_a.jpg?w=600&h=354

steelerfan
02-22-2014, 12:49 AM
ESPN - Browns reportedly were close to trading several picks to 49ers for Jim Harbaugh; team won't deny report

Wait.

What?

Boy, the Clowns are getting DESPERATE for a QB. :D

Rudy
02-22-2014, 04:24 AM
I don't know where the Harbaugh stuff came from. I guess there is a bit of tension between the front office but a trade to Cleveland? Jed York flat out denied it on Twitter.

People make such a big deal about a QB's height. I'm not sure how important it is. With tall offensive lineman even a 6'5" QB (whose eyes are not at 6'5") does not see over top of those big guys in pads and helmets. Balls are knocked down at the line no matter what your height. Tannehill is 6'4" and had a lot of balls knocked down compared to Russell Wilson. You've got Wilson and Brees doing great despite their height. We've seen Flutie and Jeff Garcia also be great. I think it's an over-rated metric for QBs. Can you read a defense? Can you be accurate with the football? Those questions are FAR more important.

Manziel guaranteed a 6' measurement and he came up 1/4" short. Big deal. With three good QB prospects at the top of a deep draft it will be interesting to see where they get drafted. A lot of QB needy teams at the top. I have no idea how Manziel will translate to the NFL. But I don't think his height is going to determine his future.

skipwondah33
02-24-2014, 07:35 AM
I don't know where the Harbaugh stuff came from. I guess there is a bit of tension between the front office but a trade to Cleveland? Jed York flat out denied it on Twitter.

People make such a big deal about a QB's height. I'm not sure how important it is. With tall offensive lineman even a 6'5" QB (whose eyes are not at 6'5") does not see over top of those big guys in pads and helmets. Balls are knocked down at the line no matter what your height. Tannehill is 6'4" and had a lot of balls knocked down compared to Russell Wilson. You've got Wilson and Brees doing great despite their height. We've seen Flutie and Jeff Garcia also be great. I think it's an over-rated metric for QBs. Can you read a defense? Can you be accurate with the football? Those questions are FAR more important.

Manziel guaranteed a 6' measurement and he came up 1/4" short. Big deal. With three good QB prospects at the top of a deep draft it will be interesting to see where they get drafted. A lot of QB needy teams at the top. I have no idea how Manziel will translate to the NFL. But I don't think his height is going to determine his future.Depends on the system as well.

I know seeing the games of Manziel that I seen while he was at A&M. It appeared he took rather deep drops even while in the shotgun. Of course he won't be able to get those same deep drop backs in NFL as the defenders move alot faster than in college. But it scheme will play a factor into it.

Not so much as getting ball batted down, but being able to see his targets down field over the middle.

I noticed Russell Wilson took similar deep drop backs as well, or rolled to a side.

steelerfan
03-03-2014, 09:28 AM

The Glazer family will, eventually, turn the Buccaneers colors into an exact match of their other team's.

JBHuskers
03-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I dig the new unis.

steelerfan
03-03-2014, 11:49 AM
ESPN - Seahawks CB Richard Sherman tells themmqb.com idea to ban N-word in NFL is "atrocious ... almost racist"

Wait.

What???

steelerfan
03-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Steelers designate OLB Jason Worilds as the team's transition player.

This means the Steelers can match any offer to Worilds (considered the top FA OLB since Orakpo is off the market). The transition tag is $9.754M.

Rudy
03-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Wow. Transition tags are rare.

Grimes stayed with Miami. Fair contract.

steelerfan
03-03-2014, 04:07 PM

Grimes stayed with Miami. Fair contract.

I've seen a couple the last few days. I don't know the difference since the last CBA, but I suspect it is somewhat significant since they're being used more frequently now it seems.

Rudy
03-03-2014, 07:38 PM
I don't know why Cleveland used it on Mack. They had the room for franchise unless they are just willing to let other teams do the negotiating for them and then just match.

steelerfan
03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I don't know why Cleveland used it on Mack. They had the room for franchise unless they are just willing to let other teams do the negotiating for them and then just match.

Do they have the Franchise Tag available? They might not, though I have no idea.

skipwondah33
03-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Grimes stayed with Miami. Fair contract.Yeah I know, though I believe I've heard about them just didn't know what they were exactly called. Then again I thought they were similar to restricted FA's. Probably because the language is somewhat similar to me.

Think it was a good move and hopefully a deal can get done though someone will have to go. As much as I like Woodley he can't stay healthy

ram29jackson
03-04-2014, 11:36 AM

The Glazer family will, eventually, turn the Buccaneers colors into an exact match of their other team's.

pure crap

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 12:28 PM
pure crap

The Glazer family owns Manchester United. That club dwarfs the Buccaneers. It is obvious they are trying to make the Bucs look like the Red Devil scum.

Thing is, as I've read, the numbers look like an alarm clock and the uniform could fit the Redskins or Seminoles with a helmet change. There is nothing there that makes it obvious that it's Tampa Bay.

JBHuskers
03-04-2014, 12:45 PM
pure crap

The Glazer family owns Manchester United. That club dwarfs the Buccaneers. It is obvious they are trying to make the Bucs look like the Red Devil scum.

Thing is, as I've read, the numbers look like an alarm clock and the uniform could fit the Redskins or Seminoles with a helmet change. There is nothing there that makes it obvious that it's Tampa Bay.

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

#1 Manchester United
Value: $2.23 billion
Owner: Glazer family

#? Tampa Bay
Value: Not even in the top 50

ram29jackson
03-04-2014, 02:13 PM

I was talking about the Bucs uniform

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 02:14 PM
I was talking about the Bucs uniform

Yeah, I know.

I think JB didn't though. :D

skipwondah33
03-04-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

#1 Manchester United
Value: $2.23 billion
Owner: Glazer family

#? Tampa Bay
Value: Not even in the top 50Can't see the list but I wonder if some of those top 50 teams have a Championship like Tampa Bay can claim lol

Dallas Cowboys value: 2.3 billion

JBHuskers
03-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I know.

I think JB didn't though. :D

;)

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Can't see the list but I wonder if some of those top 50 teams have a Championship like Tampa Bay can claim lol

Dallas Cowboys value: 2.3 billion

The thing with the NFL franchises on that list is that many of them are only "valuable" because of their stadium (Houston, for example). Meanwhile Manchester United play at Old Trafford which opened in 1910. The football clubs are valuable because of world wide support (United claims to have 60 million supporters worldwide) not because they got their city to buy them a ridiculous facility.

skipwondah33
03-04-2014, 03:30 PM
The thing with the NFL franchises on that list is that many of them are only "valuable" because of their stadium (Houston, for example). Meanwhile Manchester United play at Old Trafford which opened in 1910. The football clubs are valuable because of world wide support (United claims to have 60 million supporters worldwide) not because they got their city to buy them a ridiculous facility.Well yeah...which is why Soccer is the favored sport of the world.

I don't follow soccer at all, but isn't tradition important and all of that? Like playing in an ancient stadium? Or because they don't need a flashy stadium since their fan base is balls to the wall hardcore?

I imagine it wouldn't be difficult for a team worth as much to manage to build a new one. Unless resources (money), sites to build on, etc prevent it.

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Well yeah...which is why Soccer is the favored sport of the world.

I don't follow soccer at all, but isn't tradition important and all of that? Like playing in an ancient stadium? Or because they don't need a flashy stadium since their fan base is balls to the wall hardcore?

I imagine it wouldn't be difficult for a team worth as much to manage to build a new one. Unless resources (money), sites to build on, etc prevent it.

Not to hijack the thread but the short answer is that the clubs in Europe are beginning to build/remodel. Most of what I've seen has been done on the club's dime and has been recouped (in part) through corporate sponsorships. Examples include Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Arsenal and (in a couple years) Liverpool.

steelerfan
03-05-2014, 08:40 AM
ESPN - Steelers will not cut S Troy Polamalu despite cap woes, sources tell ESPN; team to try to rework deal

No surprise there. The Steelers "cap woes" are exaggerated anyway.

steelerfan
03-05-2014, 12:33 PM
ESPN - Steelers announce S Troy Polamalu and TE Heath Miller have signed new contracts through 2016

More good news, again not surprising.

JBHuskers
03-05-2014, 12:44 PM
NFL Might Experiment with Longer Extra Points in the Preseason (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330411/article/nfl-might-experiment-with-making-extrapoint-attempts-longer)

I'm actually for this change. I think it would make things more exciting.

Last season, kickers missed just five of 1,267 extra-point attempts, a conversion rate of 99.6 percent

Rudy
03-05-2014, 08:20 PM
All kicks have gotten too easy, not just XPs. Easiest thing to do is narrow the posts. Bring them 2 feet closer together.

jaymo76
03-05-2014, 09:54 PM

Just saw this now. My gosh those may be the ugliest unis I have ever seen???

JBHuskers
03-06-2014, 01:00 AM
All kicks have gotten too easy, not just XPs. Easiest thing to do is narrow the posts. Bring them 2 feet closer together.

Moving goalposts :nod:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

psuexv
03-07-2014, 09:38 AM
If they want to make XPs harder they just need to do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-z65rxyXNA

steelerfan
03-10-2014, 01:02 PM
ESPN - Steelers to cut LB LaMarr Woodley at start of league year Tuesday, source tells ESPN; 57 career sacks

No surprise. Woodley can't stay healthy and Jason Worilds and Jarvis Jones will carry the torch.

JBHuskers
03-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Da Bears top priority is to get DE Michael Bennett, but word is Seattle is throwing cash at him to come back.

steelerfan
03-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Da Bears top priority is to get DE Michael Bennett, but word is Seattle is throwing cash at him to come back.

ESPN - Michael Bennett agreed to 4-year, $28.5 million deal ($16 million guaranteed) with Seattle - Sources

Rudy
03-11-2014, 05:19 AM
I'm happy Miami signed Delmas. A very team friendly deal at 1 year and $3.5M. Let's see if he can stay healthy again. I wasn't crazy about giving Byrd $9M a year at safety. We're already overpaying Reshad Jones quite a bit although I do blame his bad year in 2013 on DC Coyle. He changed his role and seemed to do a horrible job of putting players in a good position to make plays. Ellerbe and Wheeler were lousy last year. Find a way to make them better. Belichik always seems to find roles suited for guys.

Crazy money day today folks!

Rudy
03-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Branden Albert just followed 3 Dolphins on Twitter. I'm pretty sure he's coming to Miami lol. I'm a little concerned over his durability.

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Branden Albert just followed 3 Dolphins on Twitter. I'm pretty sure he's coming to Miami lol. I'm a little concerned over his durability.

So funny that investigative reporting includes who they follow on Twitter :D

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Lamarr Houston to Da Bears :up:

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 04:07 PM
So far free agency (which just opened at 3 central) has been more about who's been released (Ware) than who's signed so far.

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 04:56 PM
It's funny watching Shefty on ESPN Insider's constantly on the phone, even sometimes taking phone calls for the breaking news, but yet can drop analysis at the drop of a hat.

steelerfan
03-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Big Pussy to the Niners.

ESPN - 49ers acquire OT Jonathan Martin from Dolphins, reuniting him with coach Jim Harbaugh, Schefter reports.

GatorfanStovy
03-12-2014, 12:39 AM
Big Pussy to the Niners.

ESPN - 49ers acquire OT Jonathan Martin from Dolphins, reuniting him with coach Jim Harbaugh, Schefter reports.

They also gave the Jags a 7th rounder for Blaine Gabbert :fp: wtf 49ers a terible start for sure.

steelerfan
03-12-2014, 01:15 AM
They also gave the Jags a 7th rounder for Blaine Gabbert :fp: wtf 49ers a terible start for sure.

6th rounder, actually.

GatorfanStovy
03-12-2014, 01:26 AM
6th rounder but still.. I guess that is cheaper then draft a QB i dunno. Not like this up coming class is any good. We have 12 picks still ..

Rudy
03-12-2014, 05:28 AM
I don't understand the Saints unloading Darren Sproles. That guy was so dangerous the way they used him. When he's in the game as a pass catching back he would kill guys out of the backfield in the passing game. They are unloading a ton of guys in order to sign Jarius Byrd and Graham. Not sure I agree with that move but Rob Ryan and his brother have had great defenses with the ball hawking FS type (Ed Reed in BAL).

skipwondah33
03-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Denver is cleaning up in FA

Rudy
03-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Pats get Revis. Ugh.

Rudy
03-13-2014, 05:16 AM
The Raiders have all this cap space and screwed up with the LT market. I don't know why they didn't want their own guy back but in signing Saffold to go back to LT after the Rams felt he wasn't good enough was considered a head scratcher. And now Saffold has failed his physical and the contract is voided. But the other Top 3 LTs in Monroe, Albert and Veldheer are off the market. Make it rain somewhere else Oakland! They need a QB bad too. I think this is a situation where they have to aim for respectability again. Go sign Vick.

steelerfan
03-13-2014, 08:12 AM
"Aim for respectability" and "sign Vick" don't go together, in my opinion.

JBHuskers
03-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Big Pussy to the Niners.

I wouldn't insult a Soprano like that :D

steelerfan
03-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't insult a Soprano like that :D

Meh. He got fed to the fishes anyway. No need to worry. :)

JBHuskers
03-13-2014, 04:52 PM
So if I read this right, the Pats are tacking on a 2nd year worth $20M to Revis. The way this guy breaks the bank is just outstanding.

steelerfan
03-13-2014, 06:04 PM
So if I read this right, the Pats are tacking on a 2nd year worth $20M to Revis. The way this guy breaks the bank is just outstanding.

So he'll be cut next year...

Rudy
03-13-2014, 06:28 PM
The Raiders are s disaster. They should be signing good young talent. Instead they let the few young talented guys go, bid high on Saffold and then back out, and are signing vets on the wrong side of 30. This team is almost an expansion team. Do what the Jags did back in the day and only sign good young players 26 and under. Overpaying is fine but get them. They need to draft a franchise QB badly.

Edit: I will say I like Tuck and Woodley and they need to get respectable but I wish it wad with younger players. I still think Vick would be a nice stop gap if they didn't draft a QB in the first round.

Rudy
03-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Not a fan of Miami signing Finnegan. Should Havre kept Carroll from leaving for Philly if you were willing to pay decent money to a vet.

GatorfanStovy
03-15-2014, 12:39 AM
The Raiders are s disaster. They should be signing good young talent. Instead they let the few young talented guys go, bid high on Saffold and then back out, and are signing vets on the wrong side of 30. This team is almost an expansion team. Do what the Jags did back in the day and only sign good young players 26 and under. Overpaying is fine but get them. They need to draft a franchise QB badly.

Edit: I will say I like Tuck and Woodley and they need to get respectable but I wish it wad with younger players. I still think Vick would be a nice stop gap if they didn't draft a QB in the first round.

whattthey need is tebow magic..

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2014, 03:32 AM
whattthey need is tebow magic..

He said franchise QB. Sorry, but Tebow is not a franchise QB.

Rudy
03-15-2014, 04:44 AM
I do find it interesting how coaching egos get in the way of building a good team. In Miami both Sparano and Joe Philbin are former OL coaches and I think they felt they could take subpar OL and turn them into a good line. Fail! Got Sparano fired and really hurt the Dolphins last year. Josh McDaniels thought he could mold Tebow into a great passer. Fail! "QB friendly coaches" love QBs with strong arms thinking they can teach a kid how to be a passer. How many times do you see a guy with good measurables get drafted too high or get cut and picked up constantly by other teams because their coaches think they can get the light bulb to turn on? Egos are huge in the NFL and get in the way of good team building some time. And with so much pressure to win a lot of coaches don't think long term. That's why I like models where a GM has top say in personel unless you get a guy like Belichek who knows what he is doing and is under no pressure to win now (despite the fact the guy wins 10+ games every stinking year).

JBHuskers
03-17-2014, 10:08 AM
He said franchise QB. Sorry, but Tebow is not a franchise QB.

He's not even a QB. Considering none of the 32 teams want him.

SmoothPancakes
03-17-2014, 11:36 AM
He's not even a QB. Considering none of the 32 teams want him.

Also true.

The fact that no team still has not signed him to a contract, instead last year and this year opting for the likes of Pat Devlin and Chad Henne (Dolphins re-sign), David Garrard (Jets FA), Josh Johnson (Bengals FA), Bruce Gradkowski (Steelers FA), Matt Hasselbeck (Colts FA), Chase Daniel, who went undrafted in 2009 (Chiefs FA), David Carr (Giants re-sign), Matt Cassel (Vikings FA), Derek Anderson (Panthers re-sign), Drew Stanton (Cardinals FA), Charlie Whitehurst (Titans FA), Kellen Clemons (Chargers FA), Josh McCown (Bucs FA), Curtis Painter (Giants re-sign) and Jordan Palmer (Bears re-sign).

I think it's safe to say Tebow's playing days may be over. No one is going to take the kinds of risk necessary to take the chance on him. Coaches and GMs like keeping their jobs, paying their bills and having a house over the head of their families.

JBHuskers
03-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Plus Tebow has already signed on to work for the SEC Network. He's realized his playing days are done too.

SmoothPancakes
03-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Plus Tebow has already signed on to work for the SEC Network. He's realized his playing days are done too.

That too! I haven't heard a thing in months about him training, about him practicing, etc. And it doesn't matter at this point.

He hasn't touched an NFL field in an official game since week 15 of the 2012 season, and he hasn't taken part in any organized NFL practices or games since August 31st when the Pats released him at the end of the preseason. Some of the QBs that are currently on rosters may suck, but they are in team practices every day, they're learning the team offenses every day. That makes them a more viable option for backup QB and whatnot than someone who hasn't been in the league in half a year and hasn't played in a regular season game in nearly a year and a half.

At this point, again, no coach and GM are going to risk their jobs and careers on him. He'd be nothing more than a ticket selling circus side show and potential distraction to the locker room at this point.

steelerfan
03-18-2014, 11:09 AM
I hate NFL Network because sometimes they take the camera off of Molly Qerim. :down:

Rudy
03-18-2014, 02:36 PM
The NFL-N is full of hotties. Molly is definitely top shelf.

steelerfan
03-18-2014, 02:37 PM
The NFL-N is full of hotties. Molly is definitely top shelf.

:nod:

JBHuskers
03-19-2014, 01:34 AM
She definitely made NFL Fantasy Live fun to watch. I like Amber Theoharris too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

Rudy
03-19-2014, 05:22 AM
She definitely made NFL Fantasy Live fun to watch. I like Amber Theoharris too.

Amber was wearing a skin tight white dress the other day. Very nice. I like Nicole Zalumis a lot - definitely one of my favourites. Unfortunately for me Bell TV in Canada still does NOT have the NFL-N in HD! Other cable companies around have had it for at least 2 years and I'm stuck with the SD feed. They have an HD feed that they only set up and used for a couple preseason games. It's absolutely annoying.

JBHuskers
03-19-2014, 10:46 AM
I haven't watched much FOX Sports 1, but was watching the Chelsea game yesterday and Julie Stewart-Binks is a hottie too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BinyrYnCEAAl06y.jpg:large

Rudy
03-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Is that the Canadian chick that made the bet with the SI guy over the Olympic game between Canada and US? I'd still take about 5 off the NFL-N over her. Michelle Beisner and Jenny Brown are also on that show.

steelerfan
03-19-2014, 07:19 PM
There is something about her mug that says, "I used to be a dude."

skipwondah33
03-20-2014, 08:12 AM
There is something about her mug that says, "I used to be a dude."Dude I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I seen the pic yesterday haha

jaymo76
03-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Very interesting report out of Oakland that the :Oakland_Raiders: are looking at trading a late round pick in order to acquire QB Matt Shaub. Personally I like the move. In an ideal situation they could land Shaub for now and make a push for say Teddy Bridgewater for the future. The only person I don't want to see on the Raiders roster... Johnny...

JBHuskers
03-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Pryor gave Oakland the ultimatum today of trade or release me.

jaymo76
03-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Pryor gave Oakland the ultimatum today of trade or release me.

Good riddance...

steelerfan
03-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Good riddance...

I think both parties feel that way. ;)

jaymo76
03-24-2014, 06:04 PM
I think both parties feel that way. ;)

Probably true. However, I have to give Oakland credit for trying to restart and move forward post-Al Davis. The management team needs to continue to clean house and remove every shred of the past-regime. I would love to see this team in a few years under a QB such as Teddy Bridgewater. Looking at someone like "Johnny" is just the wrong type of person to bring in. Shaub will be fine in the short-term I guess but he is NOT the salvation for :Oakland_Raiders: nation.

steelerfan
03-24-2014, 08:55 PM
I certainly understand how you feel about the Raiders "reboot". I agree about JF too. He is a tool. I would not be even a little excited about Schaub though. He probably has the weakest arm, at this point in his career, of any QB I can remember.

Of course Bridgewater appeared to have a weak arm too, at his Pro Day.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 03:11 PM
MJD signs with Oakland. Interesting choice.

jaymo76
03-28-2014, 03:52 PM
MJD signs with Oakland. Interesting choice.

That's a head scratcher for sure. I like Drew and it improves the :Oakland_Raiders: for sure but what is in it for Drew? Oakland is not in the hunt for the SB at this point. Yes, they will be vastly improved but they still have a long way to go. I wonder if Drew wasn't getting any other offers???

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Plus didn't McFadden re-sign (granted he's injury prone) but still you'd figure MJD wants to be THE back.

jaymo76
03-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Plus didn't McFadden re-sign (granted he's injury prone) but still you'd figure MJD wants to be THE back.

Yeah they had to as Jennings departed. I don't think they really wanted to keep Darren but their hand was forced. It sounds like MJD and MCFADDEN will compete for the starting job. My guess is that it goes to Drew because of the health issue.

Rudy
03-28-2014, 05:56 PM
MJD may have to drop a few pounds as he gets older. Playing football as a square Lego payer in real life slows you down.

steelerfan
03-28-2014, 06:37 PM
The Steelers had MJD in for 2 days last week but he wanted too much money. Today, Pittsburgh signed LaGarrette Blount instead.

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Holy crap. Definitely worth a read!

MMQB: When the Game Goes Dark (http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/22/russell-allen-jacksonville-jaguars-stroke/)

Jaguars linebacker Russell Allen thought he had his bell rung against the Bills in Week 15 last season. He played through the injury and double vision, but two days later found out he’d suffered a stroke on the field. A dead spot in his brain means he’ll never play football again

Rudy
04-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Wow. Just read a report about the dangers of head injuries in Pop Warner too. Scary stuff as my son has only played 1 year and we were going to sign him up again. I wish our area had a flag football league.

steelerfan
04-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Wow. Just read a report about the dangers of head injuries in Pop Warner too. Scary stuff as my son has only played 1 year and we were going to sign him up again. I wish our area had a flag football league.

Link?

Rudy
04-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Sorry. Small sample as it only followed 7 grade 2 kids throughout an entire season.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=7601017&src=desktop

steelerfan
04-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Sorry. Small sample as it only followed 7 grade 2 kids throughout an entire season.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=7601017&src=desktop

Thanks. :)

jaymo76
04-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Checking out the 2014 schedule, the Raiders will be in tough. Apparently they travel more than any team in the NFL this season, including Seattle. It a tough slate of games for a very average team. It's gonna be another long season.

Rudy
04-24-2014, 09:09 PM
The Raiders season can be fun if they draft a good young QB. But the team seems to be built to be respectable - maybe because GM is trying to save his job. They signed a lot of older guys so playing a rookie QB doesn't make a lot of sense. I don't think they take a QB at #5.

Rudy
04-25-2014, 04:50 AM
Great read on the draft process by former Bear GM Jerry Angelo.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Managing-draft-day.html

SmoothPancakes
05-02-2014, 12:10 PM
A rare gem of a story on Bleacher Report. A pretty interesting (and somewhat lengthy) read.

How NFL Teams Probe Players for Character Flaws That Make Draft Stocks Plummet (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2037203-the-nfl-is-watching-you)

JBHuskers
05-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Manziel has this logo trademarked....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnDssm3IIAApxzn.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-07-2014, 03:08 PM
:fp:

JBHuskers
05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
:fp:

:+1: though Manziel doesn't bother me that much.

GatorfanStovy
05-08-2014, 08:04 AM
I hope he goes to Dallas. THa't be epic of Dallas. Romo 2.0 ha.

HAPPY DRAFT DAY Y ALL!! I can't wait sadly i"ll be at work tonight but will all over the rest of draft this weekend.

Any news on trades of teams or other news going around the league?

JBHuskers
05-08-2014, 08:52 AM
:hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

http://www.arizonasports.com/emedia/az/33/3394/339494.jpg?filter=mynw/300wide

Rudy
05-08-2014, 03:56 PM
No news but lies and smokescreens.

Rudy
05-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Looks like Texans are trading for Ryan Mallet.

JBHuskers
05-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Since I entered a contest to do one, here is my first ever mock draft :D

1. Jadeveon Clowney - Texans
2. Greg Robinson - Rams
3. Khalil Mack - Jags
4. Sammy Watkins - Browns
5. Mike Evans - Raiders
6. Jake Matthews - Falcons
7. Johnny Manziel - Bucs
8. Justin Gilbert - Vikings
9. Taylor Lewan - Bills
10. Darqueze Dennard - Lions
11. Blake Bortles - Titans
12. Eric Ebron- Giants
13. Zack Martin- Rams
14. Calvin Pryor - Bears
15. Kyle Fuller - Steelers
16. Anthony Barr - Cowboys
17. C.J. Mosley - Ravens
18. Odell Beckham - Jets
19. Cyrus Kouandjio - Dolphins
20. Ryan Shazier - Cardinals
21. Brandin Cooks - Packers
22. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Eagles
23. Marquise Lee - Chiefs
24. Bradley Roby - Cincinnati
25. Jason Verrett - Chargers
26. Teddy Bridgewater - Browns
27. Lamarcus Joyner - Saints
28. Morgan Moses - Panthers
29. Jace Amaro - Patriots
30. Cody Latimer - 49ers
31. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - Broncos
32. Jeremiah Attaochu - Seahawks

Rudy
05-08-2014, 06:44 PM
I like that a lot JB but the Bama tackle for Miami doesn't fit their zone blocking scheme they have been failing to install. I do think they draft a RT but Shazier is possible (dad is team chaplain). I like the QB to Ten as they do need one and people have been ignoring them.

I see the 49ers moving up for WR Cook.

CLW
05-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Johnny Douchebag to the Cowboyz?

steelerfan
05-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Steelers take Shazier and somewhere, once again, JeffHCross is sick. :D

CLW
05-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Johnny sliding the interviews must have went poorly and the GMs aren't convinced the kid won't be a diva in the locker room.

CLW
05-08-2014, 08:56 PM
LMAO every year someone shows up that slides and this year its Johnny Douchebag but he does have the eye candy by his side. She's probably like man I need to switch to one of these other guys that have been drafted. :nod:

cdj
05-08-2014, 08:59 PM
I still hope Manziel ends up in Dallas, but I don't think that's going to happen now.

steelerfan
05-08-2014, 09:04 PM
I still hope Manziel ends up in Dallas, but I don't think that's going to happen now.

God, I hope Michael Sam gets drafted by the Packers.

Or Browns.

Or San Francisco.

:)

CLW
05-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Scheme wise Douchebag makes the most sense to me in Philly.

cdj
05-08-2014, 09:10 PM

Or Browns.

Or San Francisco.

With Manziel dropping, I actually forgot about Sam. The coverage will be unbearable when each get picked.

CLW
05-08-2014, 09:11 PM
With Manziel dropping, I actually forgot about Sam. The coverage will be unbearable when each get picked.

Yeah his stock took a HUGE dump too after his combine performance (or lack thereof)

CLW
05-08-2014, 09:18 PM
wow this "new" format blows there is WAY too much time between picks

steelerfan
05-08-2014, 09:19 PM

It will be unbearable starting tomorrow, I bet. Then, when he isn't picked tomorrow, it will continue Saturday. :fp:

CLW
05-08-2014, 09:27 PM
good pick by the aints

cdj
05-08-2014, 09:29 PM

I agree. I've been monitoring Twitter for news and only occasionally flipping back.

It will be unbearable starting tomorrow, I bet. Then, when he isn't picked tomorrow, it will continue Saturday. :fp:

If Manziel doesn't go tonight, SportsCenter will be brutal. (I'm watching NFL Network to avoid the Bristol Carnival.)

steelerfan
05-08-2014, 09:46 PM

Until a few years ago, they had 15 minutes in round 1. THAT was brutal. This, to me, is fine.

steelerfan
05-08-2014, 09:47 PM
JF is a Clown. My hatred comes full circle, a perfect union.

bdoughty
05-08-2014, 10:25 PM
JF is a Clown. My hatred comes full circle, a perfect union.

:D So glad to see the Browns pick Little Johnny. Even took a cowpoke with their first pick. As if my hatred of the Browns was not great enough.

SmoothPancakes
05-08-2014, 11:08 PM
I wasn't near my computer, and phone was almost dead, so I couldn't post earlier, but...

:D :D :D Cleveland sucks again!!! My friend, a big Browns/Indians fan, is pissed. He absolutely hates the pick. He wanted nothing to do with Douchebag.

Meanwhile, I'm pissed about Denver picking Roby from Ohio State. That dude can not fucking tackle. He dives for the goddamn ankles every time. When ESPN has an entire highlight reel of you sucking ass while diving for ankles on tackles, you suck at tackling. I remember watching him blowing ass against Michigan last November. Denver should have either upgraded their WR corps even more with Lee, or taken Carlos Hyde to replace Knowshon Moreno.

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2014, 01:14 AM
So, I gotta say, I love the fact that Houston is sitting with the next pick once the second round starts tonight, and they need a QB, and who is the top QB on the board? None other than Derek Carr. Derek Carr, the younger brother of former Houston Texans 2002 NFL Draft #1 overall pick David Carr, who would go on to become one of the biggest QB busts in NFL history since 1980, and is considered by some to be one of the top 10 worst #1 overall picks in NFL Draft history.

Oh fuck, that would be great. The story lines it'd create. A name every Houston fan probably wishes to forget for the rest of their lives, only to have it come back and haunt them in the form of a younger brother. :D

steelerfan
05-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Oh yeah, man. It's been talked about on the radio here for months. Fans distressed over the idea of Houston taking Carr. :D

I don't think they will, it would be a PR NIGHTMARE. But I LOVE the fact that Tex-Ann fan has to sleep on the possibility tonight.

My hope all along has been either:

A) the Tex-Anns draft him and he refuses to sign because of how his brother was treated (beer thrown on his wife by fans, etc)

B) the Tex-Anns draft him and he is as terrible as David (or worse) essentially allowing his family to steal that much more money from Houston and causing more distress to the idiot fanbase

or C) he is drafted by a divisional rival (Tennessee the only possibility now) and he kicks the dog shit out of Houston for a decade plus.

I'm still rooting for one of those things to happen. :)

Rudy
05-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Disappointed in Miami. Yes we filled our biggest need at RT with a kid that should be ready to jump in right away but most experts viewed it as a bit of a reach. Could have moved down to 26 or 27 and picked up extra 3rd. They didn't want to chance it and said this kid was highest rated player on board. We'll see.

skipwondah33
05-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Well Manziel gets welcomed to football at the NFL level regular season....AFC North style real early.

Dick Lebeau 18-2 against rookie QB's

Last one that came to Pittsburgh to play was RGIII...in a Kyle Shannon offense. That game was brutal...RGIII got hit ALOT that game....a whole lot

Rudy
05-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Who do you guys want in the 2nd round for your teams?

I expect Miami to go for a guard but I think RB (need a power back), TE, S, WR (may want to move on from Wallace's salary after this year) and LB are all possibilities. Right now I see Joel Bitonio (probably gone by #50), Marcus Martin C/G or Trai Turner as solid options for Miami in round 2. But I would be really happy if they drafted Carlos Hyde. I think he's a beast. Maybe I'm biased after seeing him destroy Michigan but he's a big back with some moves. I would not be very excited if they spend a 2nd rounder on a WR in a deep WR draft that would just end up sitting more of this year. He'd never crack the Top 3 on this team this year.

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 11:04 AM

psuexv
05-09-2014, 11:27 AM

I just don't see the hype

GatorfanStovy
05-09-2014, 11:51 AM
I want sf to trade up for a CB or get Lee or possible OLB. Ward was a solid but another cb to add even depth would be nice. I wouldn't jerrigan in the second either .

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 12:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnNUwyxCYAAzmTF.jpg

cdj
05-09-2014, 01:30 PM
I just don't see the hype

When you are a fan of a good professional franchise/team, you wouldn't. :)

steelerfan
05-09-2014, 01:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnNUwyxCYAAzmTF.jpg

Could their possibly be three things that say "shit" more than "Browns", "#2" and "Manziel"? The comedy is going to be endless!

I also love that they took him with the 22nd pick, the same pick they wasted on Quinn and Weedon. :D

GatorfanStovy
05-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Da fuck is sf doing , trading a 2015 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson :fp: there goes any hope of uss drafting a wide out this draft.

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 02:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnN9yCvCMAAADbh.jpg

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 03:10 PM

steelerfan
05-09-2014, 06:51 PM
I've said this before, and probably will again.

Daniel Snyder is the biggest dickbag on the planet. :smh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/daniel-snyder-issues-cease-and-desist-letter-to--former-redskins-great--lavar-arrington-173522524.html

steelerfan
05-09-2014, 06:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnN9yCvCMAAADbh.jpg

To those that argue for how awesome Mike Wallace is (and those that overpaid for his lazy ass) - :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

steelerfan
05-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Go Irish!
Here We Go Steelers!

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2014, 08:13 PM
The right thread this time! :D

Not sure what to think about Denver's pick. I think Cody Latimer will be a good receiver in the NFL, and he'll have an incredible chance to start his career off right by catching passes from Peyton Manning. I just think Denver might have missed on not picking Carlos Hyde. With Knowshon Moreno not coming back, that just leaves Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman (who has some big fumble issues) and C.J. Anderson, as well as unknown Furman rookie Jerodis Williams. Hillman, I'm just not sold on. He had issues holding onto the ball last year and just didn't impress me. Ball will be fine taking over as #1 RB in the Broncos system, but with only Hillman, and unproven rookies Anderson and Williams behind that, I think Hyde is good enough to have come in and be the #2 RB in the system by opening weekend.

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Jacksonville going all in on offense at the draft. WOW

steelerfan
05-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Kinda funny that Matt Schaub replaced David Carr in Houston and now David's little brother will try to replace Schaub in Oakland.

Rudy
05-10-2014, 05:01 AM
The right thread this time! :D

Not sure what to think about Denver's pick. I think Cody Latimer will be a good receiver in the NFL, and he'll have an incredible chance to start his career off right by catching passes from Peyton Manning. I just think Denver might have missed on not picking Carlos Hyde. With Knowshon Moreno not coming back, that just leaves Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman (who has some big fumble issues) and C.J. Anderson, as well as unknown Furman rookie Jerodis Williams. Hillman, I'm just not sold on. He had issues holding onto the ball last year and just didn't impress me. Ball will be fine taking over as #1 RB in the Broncos system, but with only Hillman, and unproven rookies Anderson and Williams behind that, I think Hyde is good enough to have come in and be the #2 RB in the system by opening weekend.

I was disappointed the Dolphins didn't take Hyde. We need a power back and only Lamar Miller is under contract for 2015. Instead we passing trade down for a possession WR who could be good but I doubt catches 10 passes this year.

I've said this before, and probably will again.

Daniel Snyder is the biggest dickbag on the planet. :smh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/daniel-snyder-issues-cease-and-desist-letter-to--former-redskins-great--lavar-arrington-173522524.html

Snyder truly is an idiot.

jaymo76
05-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Kinda funny that Matt Schaub replaced David Carr in Houston and now David's little brother will try to replace Schaub in Oakland.

As you know, I really wanted to see the Raiders take Bridgewater. Carr has some nice stats in college but I'm not sold on him at this point. The Raiders needed to go after a QB but there weren't too many options. It may have been better to wait for next years crop of QB talent???

Rudy
05-10-2014, 03:14 PM
I wish the Dolphins had drafted a QB or a power back. They had all kinds of chances to get some good one. Instead almost every Dolphins pick was a bit of a reach. The new GM doesn't have the stones to wait on guys.

Rudy
05-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Jaymo, the draft gadgets a ton of QBs but no elite one.

jaymo76
05-10-2014, 03:18 PM
I wish the Dolphins had drafted a QB or a power back. They had all kinds of chances to get some good one. Instead almost every Dolphins pick was a bit of a reach. The new GM doesn't have the stones to wait on guys.

I was thinking for awhile that the Dolphins were going to pull the trigger on Manziel. I'm not a Manziel fan but I'm also not of the opinion that the Fins have their long-term answer with Tannehill.

Rudy
05-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I was thinking for awhile that the Dolphins were going to pull the trigger on Manziel. I'm not a Manziel fan but I'm also not of the opinion that the Fins have their long-term answer with Tannehill.

Totally agree. Why not take McCarron or Aaron Murray instead of the 3rd TE blocking candidate? Frustrates me.

steelerfan
05-10-2014, 06:06 PM

Or Browns.

Or San Francisco.

Dammit! I forgot Rams! That works too!

"Dad, I'm a Ram."

SmoothPancakes
05-10-2014, 06:37 PM
ESPN showed Sam kissing his boyfriend on live TV. Prepare the social media anti-*** pitchforks!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

SmoothPancakes
05-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Yep, that didn't take long, lol. 15 seconds and had already found three different stories on Sam getting picked with a slew of comments and remarks from the bible thumpers over his *** kiss on TV or just generally on him being ***.

SmoothPancakes
05-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Holy crap. Just saw a stat, Texas went with no players being drafted this year, the first time that's happened since 1937.

GatorfanStovy
05-11-2014, 12:06 AM
49ers killed in value picks. except for 6th n 7th round picks. Hyde will be awesome in our offense behind Gore / Lattimore

steelerfan
05-11-2014, 01:10 AM
Yep, that didn't take long, lol. 15 seconds and had already found three different stories on Sam getting picked with a slew of comments and remarks from the bible thumpers over his *** kiss on TV or just generally on him being ***.

I just like that he tweeted that he is only concerned about the man next to him and the man in front of him. :D

Sorry if I'm just old, but this thing is going to be full of comedy. :nod:

bdoughty
05-11-2014, 02:09 AM

It's not just the "Bible Thumpers" that are being annoying as hell.

Kiss seen around the world proves Michael Sam has what it takes for the NFL (https://sports.yahoo.com/news/kiss-seen-around-the-world-proves-michael-sam-has-what-it-takes-for-the-nfl-030003912.html)

Apparently after reading this Brady Quinn had sex with a male prostitute. So that makes him like super-ready to play in the NFL. :fp:

Rudy
05-11-2014, 04:52 AM
I didn't need to see that kiss retweeted a million times on twitter though. Couldn't believe how many people were either tweeting that pic or tweeting it on my timeline.

bdoughty
05-11-2014, 07:34 AM
I didn't need to see that kiss retweeted a million times on twitter though. Couldn't believe how many people were either tweeting that pic or tweeting it on my timeline.

The *** Mafia is the most powerful of the mafias (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoectiG_n7k). Watch your back. ;)

morsdraconis
05-11-2014, 09:21 AM
It's really sad that it was a big deal. Sooner or later it will no longer be.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

jaymo76
05-11-2014, 12:34 PM
It's really sad that it was a big deal. Sooner or later it will no longer be.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

+1

JBHuskers
05-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Bears sign Heisman Finalst QB Jordan Lynch as a RB. Pretty cool. Hopefully he succeeds.

steelerfan
05-14-2014, 04:55 PM
ESPN - Michael Sam to be featured in multi-part documentary series on Oprah Winfrey Network

Hard Cocks: Training Camp with the St. Louis Rams?

Rudy
05-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Hard Cocks: Training Camp with the St. Louis Rams?

LMAO.

I just hope this story dies down and we treat Michael Sam well and like everyone else.

steelerfan
05-15-2014, 02:01 PM
ESPN - Unnamed Rams player tells ESPN Michael Sam having reality show "does raise eyebrows," may be distraction.

Hopefully, only eyebrows are raised.

SmoothPancakes
05-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was possible for the media to suck someone's dick more than they did Tebow's. I was clearly wrong. :fp:

Christ, when's the last time anyone has known what the hell the damn name of the 249th pick was, much less that 249th pick get their own goddamn introductory press conference, get a fucking reality show and all this nonstop bullshit.

Sam said in an interview he's been drafted and now he just wants to be treated like Sam the football player. Bullshit.

JBHuskers
05-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Well the Oprah thing is supposedly Sam's own time and not while he's at camp, and it's for sending a good message.

souljahbill
05-15-2014, 03:46 PM
I have no issue with him getting shine. He's a trailblazer. He's helping countless others feel comfortable being themselves.

Deuce
05-15-2014, 04:35 PM
I have no issue with him getting shine. He's a trailblazer. He's helping countless others feel comfortable being themselves.

:+1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
05-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Sam said in an interview he's been drafted and now he just wants to be treated like Sam the football player. Bullshit.

What do you mean?

Doesn't every 249th pick feed cake/make out with their boyfriend on tv, have press conferences and reality shows? Seems obvious he is focused on football and not pushing an agenda.

souljahbill
05-15-2014, 07:12 PM
What do you mean?

Doesn't every 249th pick feed cake/make out with their boyfriend on tv, have press conferences and reality shows? Seems obvious he is focused on football and not pushing an agenda.

Let's be fair, Michael Sam didn't ask ESPN to come to his house. ESPN asked him to come to his house. That press conference wasn't just for Michael Sam. ALL the rookies were there. Michael Sam is just the one most people wanted to hear and see. Michael Sam didn't ask for a show. Oprah's people asked him to star in a show. He's not pushing an agenda. Everyone is flocking to him. And it's because he's DIFFERENT. The other 248 picks ahead of Sam would've kissed their mom/girlfriend/wife. Unless she's smoking like AJ McCarron's girl, nobody cares but people do care that pick 249 kisses a dude. At the press conference, nobody cared about the other dudes who are status quo. They wanted to talk to the guy that's different. Nobody watches shows about regular people being regular. People watch shows about people who are different. I'm sure Michael Sam wants to be just a football player but he can't be. He's an icon for the *** community. He's breaking through into the most macho sport in America and while people say they don't care, the truth is, and ratings say, people care.

Deuce
05-15-2014, 07:23 PM
I don't blame Sam at all. Should he say no to Oprah? What if he gets cut and then he'll have nothing. Make as much money as you can as fast you can. Of course, he says he 100% focused on football. What else should he say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
05-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Of course he should grab the money. And, no, I don't think he asked ESPN to come to his house.

However, he doesn't have to/didn't have to say, "I just want to be known as Michael Sam, the football player." That makes him a liar.

I guess lying is better than the truth though. "I'm not that good so, despite the fact there have been many *** players in the NFL before me, I'm going to seize the opportunity to be the first to admit it and then gravy train the media circus while pretending to only want to be recognized as an athlete." That wouldn't sound so good. Alot of times, the truth doesn't.

Rudy
05-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Of course he should grab the money. And, no, I don't think he asked ESPN to come to his house.

However, he doesn't have to/didn't have to say, "I just want to be known as Michael Sam, the football player." That makes him a liar.

I guess lying is better than the truth though. "I'm not that good so, despite the fact there have been many *** players in the NFL before me, I'm going to seize the opportunity to be the first to admit it and then gravy train the media circus while pretending to only want to be recognized as an athlete." That wouldn't sound so good. Alot of times, the truth doesn't.

I agree completely. I understand him doing the shows, taking the money and exposure but don't say he "just wants to be a football player". That's not true. He is clearly trying to make money or be a trailblazer. If he just wanted the focus on football he would have declined all those requests.

Troy Vincent said he played with at least 6 *** players (and probably more as many hid it). The NFL Network Football Life on Jerry Smith was really good too. I understand why guys hide it and why it's a lightning rod for debate. But Sam is not acting just as a football player. Football only players and teams do everything to limit distractions and doing reality TV and extra ESPN bits count as distractions.

steelerfan
05-15-2014, 09:22 PM
I agree completely. I understand him doing the shows, taking the money and exposure but don't say he "just wants to be a football player". That's not true. He is clearly trying to make money or be a trailblazer. If he just wanted the focus on football he would have declined all those requests.

Troy Vincent said he played with at least 6 *** players (and probably more as many hid it). The NFL Network Football Life on Jerry Smith was really good too. I understand why guys hide it and why it's a lightning rod for debate. But Sam is not acting just as a football player. Football only players and teams do everything to limit distractions and doing reality TV and extra ESPN bits count as distractions.

Precisely.

If he only wanted to be known as a football player, he would have told ESPN and Oprah, "no". He could have released a statement after that draft that said that he is happy to be with the Rams and thankful for the opportunity and that he would ask that everyone respect his privacy while he concentrates on his career.

Instead, he invited the circus to town and people will still sop up his BS of, "I just want to be treated like everyone else." Liar. You want the attention, TV appearances, TV shows, inevitable book and movie deals and money.

steelerfan
05-16-2014, 06:42 PM
ESPN - Oprah Winfrey Network and Michael Sam's representatives announce postponement of documentary series.

JBHuskers
05-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Hmmmmm :D

steelerfan
05-16-2014, 07:15 PM
ESPN - Michael Sam's agent says "after meeting with the Rams, we felt it is best to postpone" the documentary.

Rudy
05-18-2014, 05:06 AM
The Silverdome is a dump now.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/photos-of-ruined-pontiac-silverdome-are-haunting--heartbreaking-163732013.html

skipwondah33
05-19-2014, 07:25 AM
The Silverdome is a dump now.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/photos-of-ruined-pontiac-silverdome-are-haunting--heartbreaking-163732013.htmlWhoa. Crazy none of the electronics or anything was salavaged before the place went to complete shit.

Seems like could have started the process of removing things well before they let the roof deflate.

Rudy
05-19-2014, 09:54 AM
The funny thing was Pontiac screamed bloody murder when a guy won an auction for the whole thing at under a million. He wanted to take the roof off and use the playing surface for an MLS team. He wanted to split the place vertically and have offices underneath. I guess those plans didn't get far.

JBHuskers
05-19-2014, 12:31 PM
If someone ever made a movie out of The Last of Us, they could use this location :D

JBHuskers
05-20-2014, 01:38 PM
So during the phone call when St. Louis was on the clock, Sam let them know this documentatry was already signed for and going on and asked if the Rams were cool with it. So at the time they were and went ahead and picked him.

steelerfan
05-22-2014, 09:17 AM
ESPN - Letter signed by 50 U.S. senators sent to Roger Goodell urging NFL to "endorse" Redskins "name change".

I don't see how this will never happen. It just keeps growing legs.

JBHuskers
05-22-2014, 10:01 AM
ESPN - Letter signed by 50 U.S. senators sent to Roger Goodell urging NFL to "endorse" Redskins "name change".

Just change it to the Washington Skins. Or Washington Spurs. :sf: will get the joke.

JBHuskers
05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Peyton Manning arrested in drug bust (http://www.click2houston.com/news/woman-named-peyton-manning-arrested-in-drug-bust/26092912)

morsdraconis
05-22-2014, 06:12 PM

It's not growing legs. People are just ignorant and don't understand that the name was never meant to mean anything but respect towards Indians. And as long as the NFL tells them to go take a long walk off a short pier, absolutely nothing will change, therefore, it will never change because the NFL isn't stupid enough to force the second richest team in it's league to change it's name.

souljahbill
05-22-2014, 07:54 PM
It's not growing legs. People are just ignorant and don't understand that the name was never meant to mean anything but respect towards Indians. And as long as the NFL tells them to go take a long walk off a short pier, absolutely nothing will change, therefore, it will never change because the NFL isn't stupid enough to force the second richest team in it's league to change it's name.

Dumbest way of showing respect I've ever seen.

SmoothPancakes
05-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Coming to a NFL stadium near you, Long John Silvers and his Vienna Sausage (http://deadspin.com/25-million-lawsuit-filed-against-johnny-manziel-is-bat-1580596256). :D :D :D

steelerfan
05-23-2014, 08:53 PM
I do, and always will, think Pete Carroll is a sleezy, lying sack of shit.

That said, very nice move by Seattle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/classy-seahawks-sign-draft-pick-before-having-to-cut-him-due-to-heart-condition-234534881.html

JBHuskers
05-24-2014, 01:00 PM
That was very cool.

GatorfanStovy
05-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Damn pr stunts for seattle .

JBHuskers
05-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Damn pr stunts for seattle .

Did you even read the article?

steelerfan
06-02-2014, 07:23 PM
ESPN - Hall of Fame QB Dan Marino reportedly joins thousands of former players suing NFL over concussions.

Hard up for cash, Dan? I mean, seriously, of all QBs, he NEVER got hit. :rolleyes:

Rudy
06-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Dan lost his job and might be hard up for cash.

steelerfan
06-03-2014, 01:15 PM
ESPN - Dan Marino to withdraw from concussion-related lawsuit against NFL - South Florida Sun-Sentinel

I'd guess he was either:

A) paid off
B) told he could not be part of any NFL TV anymore
C) threatened by the Goodell Family

skipwondah33
06-03-2014, 01:34 PM
D) All of the above

Don't think his was necessarily about the money..even though it in the end has to deal with money. Think these guys are getting afraid of the symptoms they or other players who have played are starting to have and want someone else held accountable maybe.

Rudy
06-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Is anyone else sick of Peter King? I rarely read his MMQB anymore. He's biased at times (crazy how much he'll defend Jeff Fisher and act horrified that Dolphin players would joke about having sex with JMart's sister) and I don't think he knows his actual football overly well. He's a story spinner. Certainly he has good sources and I think his actual writing skills are top shelf but his personal slant on things can bug me.

JBHuskers
06-04-2014, 12:47 PM

GatorfanStovy
06-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Kaep just got paid 110/6 years 61 of guaranteed. Fucking damn .. He doesn't dersve that big of a pay of guaranteed money. shit.

Rudy
06-04-2014, 05:43 PM
If you don't want to pay your QB someone else will.

morsdraconis
06-05-2014, 08:25 AM
If you don't want to pay your QB someone else will.

But that much? That makes him the highest paid QB in the league. That's insane. The dude isn't even in the top 5.

skipwondah33
06-05-2014, 09:22 AM
But that much? That makes him the highest paid QB in the league. That's insane. The dude isn't even in the top 5.Same for Joe Flacco

He was highest paid QB just a season ago. He isn't a top 5 QB either. Granted his pay day came after a Super Bowl, still. Speaking of which just seen the players voted him in at #58 off last season lol. 19 touchdowns and 22 interceptions...

This is the age we live in. It will get restructured down the road likely.

Rudy
06-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Mors, you can't forget that the cap is expected to go up another $30 million over the next 3 years. These contracts recognize that. Jay Cutler got $17M. Forget elite QB, NFL teams are paying $15M+ for guys they think are bonafide starters they don't have to worry about. QB is the only position a team can't simply upgrade in FA. It's crucial, everyone knows it and everyone pays for it.

JBHuskers
06-05-2014, 03:14 PM
I heard something where the $61M guaranteed is a misnomer of sorts. It's broken up throughout the years and he would still have to earn it? Maybe I heard wrong.

skipwondah33
06-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Not sure but when it's time for Andrew Luck's deal it will surpass it.

That's the way it works.

And Rudy hit on the head regarding paying for guys they feel are starters. In their mind they are elite whether the market dictates them as so or not.

JBHuskers
06-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Russell and Cam will probably pass that too.

Escobar
06-06-2014, 09:11 AM
And Rudy hit on the head regarding paying for guys they feel are starters. In their mind they are elite whether the market dictates them as so or not.

:+1:
If you have a QB who knows and can run your system, is very successful at it, and is also very young, that is like finding a mix of diamond and gold. GM's and coaches will do anything to keep that player, because it's not like you can just find/draft someone to plug in.

JBHuskers
06-12-2014, 01:39 PM

steelerfan
06-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Former Steelers Head Coach Chuck Noll has died at age 82. Noll won Super Bowls IX, X, XII and XIV with Pittsburgh.

Sad day for Steelers fans worldwide.

bdoughty
06-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Sad day for Steelers fans worldwide.

That it is.

ram29jackson
06-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Chuck Noll Dayton U, or U Dayton

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/15326/ba08de87fcf1391b1dec773b0777e04eab010d2b.jpg?x=306&y=326&sig=058871d74ee922eb74463d980f4a7d47http://www.steelersuk.com/steelers/coaches/1952-noll-college-200.jpg

Cleveland Browns
http://www.nearmintcards.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/58T-Noll.jpg

steelerfan
06-19-2014, 11:43 AM
ESPN - Tom Brady suggested that Bill Belichick, Patriots might have copy of Jets' playbook, according to report.

Of course they do.

Cheating fucks.

JBHuskers
06-19-2014, 11:59 AM
ESPN - Tom Brady suggested that Bill Belichick, Patriots might have copy of Jets' playbook, according to report.

Of course they do.

Cheating fucks.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Forum%20Pictures/NoShitSherlock.jpg

GatorfanStovy
06-20-2014, 01:37 PM

:fp: Manziel ain't fast people. Tebow was faster running the ball.

JBHuskers
06-20-2014, 01:59 PM
:fp: Manziel ain't fast people. Tebow was faster running the ball.

4.72 seconds
Tim Tebow, 40 yard dash time

4.68 seconds
Johnny Manziel, 40 yard dash time

6.66 seconds
Johnny Manziel, 3 cone drill

6.75 seconds
Johnny Manziel, 3 cone drill

4.17 seconds
Tim Tebow, Shuttle

4.03 seconds
Johnny Manziel, Shuttle

I'd say the advantage goes to Manziel here....

Rudy
06-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Just watching the two Manziel was more elusive. Tebow was FB type really.

ram29jackson
06-24-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm a racist

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/062414134822222222222222222222222222222222_zps7189 d2d3.jpg (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/062414134822222222222222222222222222222222_zps7189 d2d3.jpg.html)

souljahbill
06-24-2014, 06:00 PM
I love me some Redskins too!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/uzaha6u9.jpg

Rudy
06-30-2014, 05:04 AM
The CFL is allowing coaches to challenge pass interference calls this year. I hope it goes well. Certainly the NFL will monitor this and possibly change their rule next year. You should be able to challenge anything imo. You only get two challenges.

Rudy
07-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Dion Jordan suspended 4 games for PEDs. Miami is nothing but mediocre. Sick of this junk.

skipwondah33
07-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Maybe that's how he bulked up like I kept hearing this summer.

Joking of course, a lot is considered a "PED" in all these supplements you can get over the counter with the slightest trave of something that is banned.

Have to employ of chemist or whatever just to buy supplements

jaymo76
07-07-2014, 12:01 PM
The CFL is allowing coaches to challenge pass interference calls this year. I hope it goes well. Certainly the NFL will monitor this and possibly change their rule next year. You should be able to challenge anything imo. You only get two challenges.

Personally I love this rule. I am so sick of seeing blown calls for huge gains. The NFL definitely needs to adopt this rule. Good on the CFL for trying it out.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Personally I love this rule. I am so sick of seeing blown calls for huge gains. The NFL definitely needs to adopt this rule. Good on the CFL for trying it out.

Yep. The NFL also needs to award the defense 2 points for scoring on a return of a failed PAT. In the NFL, a PAT is the ONLY type of play where only one team can score. That's dumb.

Off topic slightly, college football needs to make PI a spot foul. Raping a receiver 40 yards downfield should be more than 15 yards.

Rudy
07-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Off topic slightly, college football needs to make PI a spot foul. Raping a receiver 40 yards downfield should be more than 15 yards.

This is where I disagree IF you can't challenge PI calls. A 40 yard penalty is huge. If deserved it's one thing but a touchy or bogus call like that can be bigger than a turnover. Let the coaches challenge PI and then I'm cool with spot fouls.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 12:19 PM
This is where I disagree IF you can't challenge PI calls. A 40 yard penalty is huge. If deserved it's one thing but a touchy or bogus call like that can be bigger than a turnover. Let the coaches challenge PI and then I'm cool with spot fouls.

I can agree with that.

I've just never understood, in a sport that loves to artificially create advantages for the offense through rule changes, how you let a DB know that if he is beat he can take 15 yards.

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Off topic slightly, college football needs to make PI a spot foul. Raping a receiver 40 yards downfield should be more than 15 yards.I agree with that as well.

souljahbill
07-07-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm just the opposite. I think the NFL should implement the 15-yd. rule. A 40-yd PI penalty is a game changer for something as simple as touching a receiver 1/2 a second early. Right now, PI can hurt the team more than personal fouls.

GatorfanStovy
07-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Y all here about Josh Gordon another failed drug test. Too bad. On the field he's an awesome weapon.

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Just heard Marcellus Wiley talking about Andrew Luck on SportsNation. He said about Luck's mobility, "despite the paint color of the car, that car can move."

If a white guy said something like that about a black player, he'd be fired during the next commercial break.

skipwondah33
07-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Rush Limbaugh wasn't...he just resigned.

Granted some may argue applee to oranges, just an example, that was in early 2000's so different time..

steelerfan
07-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Rush Limbaugh wasn't...he just resigned.

Granted some may argue applee to oranges, just an example, that was in early 2000's so different time..

ESPN should have known better than to hire that dumbass, shock jock, pill head, hypocrite to begin with which probably made it difficult to fire him (no one likes to hear, "I told you so" ). But yeah, different time.