PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 NCAA 14 OD: 2015 - Conference Championship Week

cdj
01-31-2014, 07:17 AM
The week will advance again on Monday, February 3 or once all games are complete. There are no recruiting tasks this week.

:Pac_12:
:Washington_State: #12 Washington State (cdj) vs. #13 UCLA (CPU) :UCLA:

:Big_Ten:
:Maryland: #2 Maryland (HANDSWARD) vs. Wisconsin (CPU) :Wisconsin:

:SEC:
:Arkansas: #9 Arkansas (JBHuskers) vs. #10 South Carolina (CPU) :South_Carolina:

Good luck!

HANDSWARD
01-31-2014, 08:00 AM
I will play mine tonight when I get home from work.

JBHuskers
01-31-2014, 11:22 AM
I'll play mine tomorrow afternoon.

HANDSWARD
01-31-2014, 05:09 PM
Maryland hangs on in a wild Big 10 Championship game to win 52-45 over Wisconsin. The Badgers ground game was unstoppable all game long, totaling 326 yards on 45 carries. Even when the Maryland defense guessed run to the correct side RB Vonte Jackson would break any tackles and still end up with 5 or 6 yards. The fact that the Terps got the lead with only 2 minutes left was the only reason they finally stopped the Badger offense. Having to go to their pass game, the Badgers were far less effective and turned the ball over on downs halfway down the field, and Maryland took a few knees to end it.

Maryland will have to wait for the final BCS standings to see where they end up in the bowl picture. The 11-1 Oklahoma Sooners currently sit ahead of them in the BCS, grabbing the #2 spot after their big win last week over Oklahoma State. But the Sooners are idle this week due to the Big 12 not having a championship game. The coaches poll currently has Maryland at #2 and Oklahoma at #3. The media poll has Maryland at #4 and Oklahoma at #2. When asked about the media poll's opinion of his team, coach Patel said, "The media wouldn't know its head from its ass". The BCS always creates controversy, and this year is no different. Many people around the country think that Oklahoma and Maryland are the two best teams in the nation, and should be playing each other in the BCS National Championship game. But the 12-0 Ragin' Cajuns of UL Lafayette seem to be locked into the #1 spot despite playing a cupcake schedule.

JBHuskers
01-31-2014, 07:52 PM
PLAYOFFS!?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

marcotte14
02-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Has anyone seen the bowl projections? #3 Oklahoma jumps #2 Maryland to play Lafayette in the NC game. The only thing that I can think of, all 3 user teams in the BIG12 finished 8-1 in the conference. How do they determine who wins the Conf.? When I loaded up the dynasty last night, I received the BIG12 Championship trophy so did I win or did all 3 of us split it? I would assume that Oklahoma would win the Conference because they are the highest ranked team out of all 3 of us.

Side Note: I don't agree with Lafayette playing in the NC game, but it is kinda cool to see your previous school having so much success.:)

JBHuskers
02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Arkansas survives committing four turnovers to none for South Carolina to defeat the Cocks 21-17. Coach Bennett wins the SEC Title in only his 2nd year at Arkansas.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cdj
02-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Washington State rallies to defeat UCLA 17-14 in the Pac-12 Championship Game.

This was about as hard fought of a game as I've played in NCAA. UCLA took an early 7-0 lead following a turnover and the Cougars had to claw back. A TD would even things up at seven before UCLA took a 14-7 lead. Just before the half, WSU connected on a 51-yard field goal. The third quarter saw no scoring, but WSU was able to flip the field and keep UCLA backed up into their own territory in the third and fourth quarter. A great effort on a scramble by QB Justin Butler from eleven yards out ended up being the difference.
The Bruins missed two field goals which will haunt them in the offseason.