PDA

View Full Version : Metascores - NCAA vs. Madden

JBHuskers
08-11-2010, 10:07 AM
So at this moment today, NCAA Football 11 is outscoring Madden NFL 11 for 360.

86 to 85

On PS3, the scores are flip flopped.

CLW
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM
So basically its a matter of personal preference as to whether you enjoy College or Pro football more. For me, the lack of any significant franchise additions/changes in Madden I've pretty much decided against buying Madden this year a COMPLETE reversal from 10 where I rented NCAA 10 mailed it back and bought Madden 10 after renting it first.

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Of course, any comparison of scores is only really valid when you're doing apples to apples (i.e. IGN vs IGN, Gamespot vs Gamespot, etc), not meta. And even that isn't a truly valid compare because of different reviewers.

But yeah, I think this year is going to be a year where the real preference is NFL vs College.

JBHuskers
08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Of course, any comparison of scores is only really valid when you're doing apples to apples (i.e. IGN vs IGN, Gamespot vs Gamespot, etc), not meta. And even that isn't a truly valid compare because of different reviewers.

But yeah, I think this year is going to be a year where the real preference is NFL vs College.

Most cases IGN and Gamespot just do the exact same review between PS3 and 360 don't they?

SirHellraiser
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
i wil have madden so i can play with my favorite team and the 3 on 3

skipwondah33
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah its going down to preference this year, although on a side note mediocre players look like they standout more in Madden IMO

Which is a good thing honestly

fsuprime
08-11-2010, 03:37 PM
yea i root for both madden and ncaa to be good, but with 0 changes to franchise ill be skipping madden for the first time since 2003, sounds like madden 12 will be a buy though if they do fix Online franchise and make some changes :)

jaymo76
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
It will be really interesting to see what happens with Madden' sales numbers. The game is just taking a beating on the OS boards (primarily for lack of franchise innovation). Last time I heard people so vocal about Madden was 08 (ala Davide Ortiz era). The other observation though... is it just me or is there far less discussion about Madden this year? I think NCAA is such a solid game this year that it's no longer being viewed as a step down. I really ope to see HUGE gains for Madden next year (franchise) and real growth for NCAA, as is builing off of this years success.

morsdraconis
08-11-2010, 04:14 PM
The problem is, as others have pointed out, that when it comes to NCAA and Madden, it's a seesaw effect every year. One year, it's NCAA is king (like '09 and the introduction of Online Dynasty) then it's Madden (like '10 and it's VAST improvement in gameplay). It seems to have been the case for a long time now that it's back and forth with these franchises as one grows and then the other one grows.

The thing people always seem to forget is when a game makes leaps and bounds like NCAA did this year, it's hard for them to continue that into the next year in the same sort of leap. I can only hope that the NCAA team continues to flesh out dynasty more (with all the various suggestions that have been made) as well as look toward the defense to really flesh out the defensive playbooks like they did the offensive ones this year. I hope they don't do what Madden did this year and rest on their laurels and be satisfied with this year's game instead of continuing to push the game further forward and making this year's iteration a spring board toward further development in the game.

Rudy
08-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I do find it funny that the big NCAA patch comes out the day after Madden gets released. Take that Ian!
;)

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Most cases IGN and Gamespot just do the exact same review between PS3 and 360 don't they?Most cases, yes. Very rarely are they different.

But I was meaning IGN Madden vs IGN NCAA, etc, rather than meta scores of both titles.

CLW
08-13-2010, 06:27 AM
Yeah I'm getting kind of tired of the alternating year trend developing with the NCAA and Madden series. If the trend continues NCAA 12 won't be much other than a new set of rosters and a tweak here or there while Madden will come out with some huge Franchise change that makes it 10 times more enjoyable than NCAA. NCAA 13 will come up with something huge and Madden will be nothing other than a roster update. Rinse repeat.