PDA

View Full Version : Defending Bubble Screens

pantherone26
11-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Do you guys have any tips on defending the bubble screen pass to a WR?

I'm in an online dynasty, currently in year 05 and I cannot beat a guy in my league, I'm 0-5 career against him. His latest offensive wrinkle is the bubble screen pass that just tore me up! This is a SIM league and he does an outstanding job of mixing up his play calling, so it's not like he's running these passes every play. More like twice a possession, especially on 3rd and short. His WR's do an excellent job of blocking as well, which makes it even more difficult. My starting CB's are in the low 90's so they don't lack talent either.

I picked off two of these bubble screens by running zone defense, with the outside corners playing the shallow light blue zone coverage. That seems to be the only defense for it. When he runs a slant and I call the same zone coverage it destroys me in the middle of the field. So hard to defend!

I run a 3-4 defense with a good collection of LB's. Any tips on how to stop these damn bubble screens!?

Also, any tips on stopping the run game would be great too! Thanks!

fonzilla
11-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Hot routing DE or LB to QB contain can work sometimes. Usually if I see man coverage I don't run the bubble screen

pantherone26
11-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Hot routing DE or LB to QB contain can work sometimes. Usually if I see man coverage I don't run the bubble screen

So you think the DE on QB contain will bat the ball down? If not, I don't see the DE getting all the way out to stop the outside bubble screen route. My issue is when he runs this play, it's getting him 5-8 yards every time. So annoying when you have someone stopped on 3rd and short and they throw this route on you.

fonzilla
12-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Sometimes depending on the offensive alignment or if he is running it towards the boundary or not.