PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K14 Thread (PS4 & XB1)

cdj
11-10-2013, 10:45 PM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5506/10792802664_e587f05da3_o.png

Amazon purchase links: PlayStation 4 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBRM3G8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DBRM3G8&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20) - Xbox One (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DBRM3EU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DBRM3EU&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20)

Use this thread to share your thoughts, ask questions, look for friends to play online, or post final next-gen game media from around the web for NBA 2K14.

CLW
11-16-2013, 09:56 AM
If any of you guys wanna run some games this weekend let me know. I'll be around most the weekend.

SCClassof93
11-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Loving this game. As I told clw in chat yesterday my only gripe is putting the single player career on the online servers.

CLW
11-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Started playing this last night in my career mode. I normally hate the single player experience but this one hasn't been so bad thus far. Got drafted at #8 by Detroit and I'm still on the bench but getting some back up playing time now after not playing at all the first 2-3 games then an injury occurred.

Kingpin32
11-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Started playing this last night in my career mode. I normally hate the single player experience but this one hasn't been so bad thus far. Got drafted at #8 by Detroit and I'm still on the bench but getting some back up playing time now after not playing at all the first 2-3 games then an injury occurred.

I think that's how it always start. I hate how cheesy the "story" is, but game wise I love. I just need to get used to shooting again. I'm hooping like D. Rose right now.

dhook27
11-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Watching some vids..... This game is amazing probably going to be the best one since 2k11. The graphic Oh lord! Looks like My Career is the best game mode. Need to see some association tho.....

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Gonna stream some of this tonight after I mess around with Ultimate Team. See how the two compare.

SCClassof93
11-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Love my player mode!

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Streaming now - www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers

SCClassof93
11-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Streaming now - www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers

Finally!! Nice to watch you play the hetero NBA game :up::D

SCClassof93
11-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Took a look at the gm mode this morning. Should be fun :up:

jaymo76
11-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Honest question... is 2k14 too complex for a person who has never played the 2k NBA series and only played Choops 2k8 as my last 2k game? I have heard that it's very complex for noobs. However, Live is pretty complex as well without a tutorial...

SCClassof93
11-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Honest question... is 2k14 too complex for a person who has never played the 2k NBA series and only played Choops 2k8 as my last 2k game? I have heard that it's very complex for noobs. However, Live is pretty complex as well without a tutorial...

I am a horrible basketball player in general, have no clue what is going on and love 2k jaymo :D. I play on default settings and I think there is an easier one. I did try mygm and was in control of everything, not just my guy, and got crushed.:fp:

I OU a Beatn
11-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Holy shit at some of these comparisons:

http://i.imgur.com/H9ypFu8.png
http://gyazo.com/e553cf27f8fdd30b5c81bb4c8a36e8b5.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZg18VkCMAAne4J.png:large
http://i.imgur.com/XNpjuov.png

...and my favorite:

http://i.imgur.com/K3c3NIy.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

JBHuskers
11-21-2013, 04:04 PM
The Harden one is turrible :D

I'm looking forward to digging into MyPlayer this weekend. Have only played a couple play now game so far.

jaymo76
11-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Decided to pick this game up. I will swing by best buy after work. I actually enjoy some of the gameplay elements of Live but the rpg of my career just looks too good to pass up.

SCClassof93
11-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Decided to pick this game up. I will swing by best buy after work. I actually enjoy some of the gameplay elements of Live but the rpg of my career just looks too good to pass up.

:up:

jaymo76
11-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Got this bad boy home and should be playing soon. Felt bad for the people in line at BB waiting for midnight... we are in the middle of a cold snap here.

jaymo76
11-21-2013, 10:00 PM
So I played my first game as the overall game installed. Playing as the Heat vs the Spurs on default (PRO) I figured I would get blown away. Well the final was San Antonio 69 Miami 60. I was in this game most of the way. Never playing a NBA 2K game I didn't know what to expect. All I can say is... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this game is amazing. I thought I enjoyed LIVE but outside of the ESPN half-time show everything in 2k is far, far, far superior, most importantly the fun factor. The gameplay is smooth, fluid and precise and the cpu AI is top notch. Players move with logical precision and commentary is spot on. Plus, the game has so much information and the D pad makes it easy to interact with. Within minutes I was changing my Defense set-up, running offensive plays and changing philosophy. What I like most is shooting. Unlike LIVE there is no great secret to shooting.

I just started myplayer and there are a ton of options. This is going to be a late, late night!

I OU a Beatn
11-21-2013, 10:12 PM
So I played my first game as the overall game installed. Playing as the Heat vs the Spurs on default (PRO) I figured I would get blown away. Well the final was San Antonio 69 Miami 60. I was in this game most of the way. Never playing a NBA 2K game I didn't know what to expect. All I can say is... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this game is amazing. I thought I enjoyed LIVE but outside of the ESPN half-time show everything in 2k is far, far, far superior, most importantly the fun factor. The gameplay is smooth, fluid and precise and the cpu AI is top notch. Players move with logical precision and commentary is spot on. Plus, the game has so much information and the D pad makes it easy to interact with. Within minutes I was changing my Defense set-up, running offensive plays and changing philosophy. What I like most is shooting. Unlike LIVE there is no great secret to shooting.

I just started myplayer and there are a ton of options. This is going to be a late, late night!

I told you. NBA 2K is one of the best sports simulations you'll find, especially this year's next gen version. NBA Live isn't even close right now.

SmoothPancakes
11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
I told you. NBA 2K is one of the best sports simulations you'll find, especially this year's next gen version. NBA Live isn't even close right now.

Yep, I always had a blast with NBA 2K on my 360. 2K14 is gonna be the "first" next game I get probably after my next paycheck. I still have a bunch of games to get besides Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising, but 2K14 is currently at the top of the list. I am eagerly awaiting MyCareer and MyGM.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Got drafted #15 to the Utah Jazz. One pick before Boston where I was hoping to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm a PG and in one moment of my game I got moved to C :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 03:40 AM
About to play the prospect game. I'm not very good at this game so this could be ugly. I'm playing the SF position so we will see how it goes.

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 04:46 AM
Prospect game was a blast. I hit the game winner with 1.8 seconds left and we won 70-68. My performance rating was fair and my teammate grad was a "B." I had 16 points 3 assists and 3 rebounds. Not too bad but I was ice cold in the 2nd half. Sadly Ellis outscored me down the stretch.

After the game I told my agent I wanted to play for Golden State. Then I was interviewed by the 76ers (11th pick) and then the Milwaukee Bucks (15th pick). Personally I would love to go to the Bucks...

At the draft I was told I would be a lock for the first round. Jackson Ellis went to the Pistons with the 8th pick. Then the moment comes... and I am selected by the Milwaukee Bucks as the 15th pick. My ovr is only a 62. I will be on the bench for sure. "Fear the deer."

SmoothPancakes
11-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Sounds like a fun time in stores Jaymo. Looking forward to seeing what happens in your career! :up:

Until I eventually get around to buying NBA 2K14, definitely gonna be living vicariously through your player's career. :D

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Well, we beat the Knicks 97-83. I didn't play one minute of the game. The only thing I actually did was celebrate with my teammates during a timeout. My current status is that I am a bench warmer. I'm actually the 12th man!

I love it! I have a big sign in Milwaukee yet I don't get onto the court. Game two at Boston we win 104-95 and again I don't make it onto the court. I also got hazed by Caron Butler... my rite of passage is to be the luggage boy.

Game three were were at home to the Raptors. I upgraded my player to a 66 ovr before the game. With 6:34 Butler gets injured according to script and I get in. One assist and 1 bucket... we lose and I have a poor performance grade. Even so I have moved up to 9th and am now a role player.

Stan HAMsen
11-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Honest question... is 2k14 too complex for a person who has never played the 2k NBA series and only played Choops 2k8 as my last 2k game? I have heard that it's very complex for noobs.

Ok, now that you have played the game some, you get to answer this question for me. I've never played a 2k basketball game, neither NBA nor Choops. The last basketball game I played was EA's last college game, whatever that was called.

How steep is the learning curve?

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 09:22 AM
I wonder if everyone's story to start their NBA season the same?

Mine was I was a DNP for the first two games, then Trey Burke went down with a minor injury.

JBHuskers
11-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Either future Hall of Famer or next on TMZ for a pot bust :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/IMG_20131121_235823_147_zpsd84eeb42.jpg?t=13851403 54

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Ok, now that you have played the game some, you get to answer this question for me. I've never played a 2k basketball game, neither NBA nor Choops. The last basketball game I played was EA's last college game, whatever that was called.

How steep is the learning curve?

Surprisingly, this game is a lot easier to pick up and play then NBA LIVE, The motion of cpu players is excellent; it's easy to change your philosophy and make subs using D pad; shooting feels easier than Live; the game will give you hints as you go; there are SLIDERS to make whatever you want a little easier/harder. Hands down this game is spectacular. Now I don't know all of the advanced moves and I avoid shooting with the R stick (I only use the shoot button) but I know enough to be competitive and have fun. Get this gam Stan H!

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 11:31 AM

Mine was I was a DNP for the first two games, then Trey Burke went down with a minor injury.

I believe I heard on twitch that it is the same script for the most part.

Kingpin32
11-22-2013, 12:51 PM

Yup, that's how they all start.

steelerfan
11-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Yup, that's how they all start.

That's lame.

SCClassof93
11-22-2013, 01:05 PM

:up:

Kingpin32
11-22-2013, 01:29 PM
That's lame.

So far, as much as I appreciate the story, I hate it. It's so lame, and it's the same voice actor from the last 4 NBA 2K MyPlayer modes.

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Man my last game was brutal 15 mins of plays for 3 pts and 1 assist. The season is not going very well for me but the Bucks are 3-2. Then we go to Miami and I self destruct... I had 10 points and only shot 22%. We lost 113 to 64 :fp: I am never going to be a starter at this pace.

Stan HAMsen
11-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Get this gam Stan H!

I already have it, just haven't started playing yet. I'm trying to get a few more seasons of offline dynasty in before I start playing another sports game. I expect this or FIFA to take over my life in the next month or so, haha.

Kingpin32
11-22-2013, 03:47 PM
THe main thing I dislike is that there is a lack of practice. Sure you get to scrimmage later, but if I want to hit the gym to work on the timing of my shot motion, I can't.

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 04:38 PM
THe main thing I dislike is that there is a lack of practice. Sure you get to scrimmage later, but if I want to hit the gym to work on the timing of my shot motion, I can't.

I just use the 1-1 legends for practise. It's not too bad. One minor addition I would like for mycareer is to be able to choose the unis for each game. The one thing about 2k I don't like... the menus...???...??? They are so hard to navigate and find things. Bizarre set-up IMO.

jaymo76
11-22-2013, 06:16 PM
My first minor issue... I was fouled in my career and everyone walked to the fould line except my player stayed outside of the three point arc. I could not advance regardless of what I did and ultimately had to go the the PS menu and close the 2k application. I had only played 2 minute sof the game but it is still pretty annoying.

jaymo76
11-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Brutal... my free throw shooting is only 75%. So one of my teammates (Butler I think) asked if I wanted to go to the gym. WARNING: DON'T GO!!! I had to shoot 50 free throws without a miss. I got to 26 and then missed two in a row. All together I had to shoot 78 free throws. It took forever and I could not exit the "challenge." That was pretty excessive IMO...

In other news, I had a breakout versus my "rival" Ellis and the Pistons... 35 points, 2 assists and three rebounds to his 11 points and 2 assists. I have really struggled of late only averaging 7.2 ppg. However, I am now in the number 7 spot with 14 minutes per night. I love all of the detail in this game. I just wish the menus were easier to find it all.

jaymo76
11-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Oh cool thing I forgot to mention. When I got to shoot 46 of my free throws and contolller started to pulse like a beating heart. It became more intense and before shot 50 it was mimicking my own heart. Oh the pressure! It was really great. Nice touch Visual Concepts/2k!

jaymo76
11-24-2013, 03:58 PM
I can see how the rpg aspect of mycareer is frustrating at times. I had 35 points, 21 points 16 points and 22 points. Then I go out to celebrate with my teammates and my minutes are cut down to 8 and I go to 9th spot. Then I get a goal of 10 straight points which I fail and the coach threatens me with demotion. I led the team in scoring 3 out of 4 games and then get demoted for celebrating a victory? I love the immersion of the mode but some of the logic is absolutely bizarre...

morsdraconis
11-24-2013, 05:06 PM
That sounds pretty dumb. Kinda glad it's not like that in the PC and 360 version now.

JBHuskers
11-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I can see how the rpg aspect of mycareer is frustrating at times. I had 35 points, 21 points 16 points and 22 points. Then I go out to celebrate with my teammates and my minutes are cut down to 8 and I go to 9th spot. Then I get a goal of 10 straight points which I fail and the coach threatens me with demotion. I led the team in scoring 3 out of 4 games and then get demoted for celebrating a victory? I love the immersion of the mode but some of the logic is absolutely bizarre...

Well you should work on being a better teammate Jaymo :D

I think I'm 6 or 7 games into the regular season and I'm just below the 6th man.

jaymo76
11-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Well you should work on being a better teammate Jaymo :D

I think I'm 6 or 7 games into the regular season and I'm just below the 6th man.

Just wait my friend... you will be asked to party... and then it's #9 on the depth chart. lol

Kingpin32
11-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Just wait my friend... you will be asked to party... and then it's #9 on the depth chart. lol

Definitely chose the party route.

JBHuskers
11-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Definitely chose the party route.

I stayed with Richard Jefferson to look at game tape :D

SCClassof93
11-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Still loving the game, however here are a few "issues" I have seen. My player gets hurt but the other guard rides the bench hurt. Way, way, way, way too much goal tending. Seems like every game, multiple goal tending calls..........On the team chart I have no idea why players are in whatever emotional state. Not sure what is good or bad, etc. No big deal in myplayer but if it is the same in mygm that could be an issue. It would be nice to know why my player is in whatever mood though.

I still have not gotten into the depth of controls with the game. Still just pass, shoot, steal, block.....very basic. Seems it is easy to pick up and enjoy but difficult to master.

SCClassof93
11-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Sadly, I just noticed myplayer career stats are not tracking. Stuck on 999 points for example for several games now. I would not care about the stats if these accomplishments were not tied to coins that I spend on getting better :fp: Going to finish my first season (in playoffs now) and see if it corrects.

SCClassof93
11-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah, the stats for career are not tracking, none of them. Sad, sad, sad.....was really into this game. Can't find any threads or topics anywhere on the issue. I am not talking about the VC glitch that some are having after games. I am saying you will not get bonus VC for obtaining career goals if stats don't track.

Stan HAMsen
11-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Is this an anomaly for SC or are stats not kept correctly?

I haven't started playing this game yet but this sounds like a killer for the myplayer mode.

SCClassof93
12-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Is this an anomaly for SC or are stats not kept correctly?

I haven't started playing this game yet but this sounds like a killer for the myplayer mode.

I have not played in days. Made it to round 2 of the playoffs and lost game 1 to a Lebron buzzer beater:fp:. Been playing AC4.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 10:28 AM
I have not played in days. Made it to round 2 of the playoffs and lost game 1 to a Lebron buzzer beater:fp:. Been playing AC4.

Shocker. :D

jaymo76
12-03-2013, 11:31 AM

I haven't played in awhile either. The game is fun but the season is so damn long. I'm still bitter from my demotion after leading the team in scoring 3 out of the last 4 games.

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 11:34 AM
I've actually been playing more Live, trying to get on the leaderboard for the Big Moments challenges, and have been getting into my dynasty with the Celtics.

Kingpin32
12-03-2013, 03:01 PM
There was a patch released, but does anyone know what it fixed?

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 03:39 PM
I just saw an article on my phone where a guy cursed after getting a foul, the Kinect heard him, and gave the player a technical foul :D :D :D

Kingpin32
12-03-2013, 04:00 PM
That happened to me on PS4 cause I was using the headphones. I said bullshit and got a tech lol.

Stan HAMsen
12-03-2013, 05:47 PM
That's awesome, haha. :D

jaymo76
12-03-2013, 07:42 PM
I just saw an article on my phone where a guy cursed after getting a foul, the Kinect heard him, and gave the player a technical foul :D :D :D

Ha! I thought something was up. I dropped a few fbombs last week and then my team got a technical. I didn't understand why. That must be it (I was wearing the headphones with the speaker on).

SCClassof93
12-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Returned to this game last night. Patch took awhile to DL/install. Finished semis against Heat and got swept:fp:. Stats were still not updating. Started season 2 and just made my first shot and a popup said after my first score that I now have scored 1000 points. So apparently it is recording again. Kinda ticked all those 20+ point games, assists and even games played in did not track correctly in season one.

Kingpin32
12-04-2013, 09:47 AM
How many minutes do you play on? I think I need to shorten it from the 10 minutes I currently play with.

SCClassof93
12-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I played the first season on 8 minutes. Also, not sure if this is from the patch but I can now choose to advance to the next game ot next key game. This option was not given during my first season.

cdj
12-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Today there seems to be a big blow-up from some in the community regarding the Virtual Currency system and in-game economy. Here is an article from Pasta Padre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/12/10/vc-implementation-threatens-the-future-of-the-nba-2k-series); in addition I've noticed a lot of discussion on Twitter from others echoing his thoughts. He links to discussion on Reddit and CinemaBlend on the issue, as well.

Anyone here run into this or feel it is a major issue?

morsdraconis
12-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Today there seems to be a big blow-up from some in the community regarding the Virtual Currency system and in-game economy. Here is an article from Pasta Padre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/12/10/vc-implementation-threatens-the-future-of-the-nba-2k-series); in addition I've noticed a lot of discussion on Twitter from others echoing his thoughts. He links to discussion on Reddit and CinemaBlend on the issue, as well.

Anyone here run into this or feel it is a major issue?

It's no different than what they did last year, just that it's carried over to the MyGM mode for this year. People bitching about having to spend money for stuff is dumb, though not being able to just sim the games and just do the MyGM mode without not having the coins to open up new stuff is a bit disappointing.

Stan HAMsen
12-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Finally started playing this recently. Really enjoying the MyCareer mode.

Why does the 'cool and collected' personality badge have a Mercedes-Benz logo? Anybody else think they might have meant to use the peace sign?

jaymo76
12-23-2013, 09:34 PM
I am shocked to read the Pasta padre comments about next gen being unplayable for a lot of people. Knock on wood but I have had zero issues with this game. It's a ton of fun and has played excellent for me thus far. I didn't play last gen but Mycareer on ps4 is pretty awesome.

Stan HAMsen
12-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Does anybody play MyCareer as a heel? Seems like it might be fun that way, haha.

Rudy
12-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Does anybody play MyCareer as a heel? Seems like it might be fun that way, haha.

My brother does that ALL the time. Whether it's NBA or NHL he always answers the questions like "I'm the greatest, "my teammates are useless", stuff like that. He takes the most arrogant answer every time and laughs when his teammates hate him lol.

CLW
12-26-2013, 12:45 PM
OS had a couple of codes for like 13K in coins or whatever they are called. the 10K one was supposed to have expired last night at midnight but I tried it this a.m. and it was still working so you might want to try it real quick before its too late.

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Played 3 games last night on MyPlayer. My 3 best games ever. 22, 25, and 28. I was an idiot though playing with the PSN down. I thought it would save locally and then try to upload. Nope. I think I lost my games of 25 and 28, but hopefully I didn't lose my whole MyPlayer since I'm about 12 games in.

SCClassof93
12-27-2013, 11:50 AM

Why does the 'cool and collected' personality badge have a Mercedes-Benz logo? Anybody else think they might have meant to use the peace sign?

You may want to check all the rap threads here and get caught up on hip hop culture :D

SCClassof93
12-27-2013, 11:51 AM

You may want to check all the rap threads here and get caught up on hip hop culture :D

Stan HAMsen
12-27-2013, 12:18 PM
I was an idiot though playing with the PSN down.

I was really wanting to play some games last night but didn't want to risk it. Glad I waited.

:D I still think they goofed that one.

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 12:36 PM
I was really wanting to play some games last night but didn't want to risk it. Glad I waited.

Yeah, I think I played 3 games, and two didn't register. Hopefully after work I can check for sure.

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Of course I get on to see if I still have MyPlayer and now the 2K servers are down :fp:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bdoughty
12-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Of course I get on to see if I still have MyPlayer and now the 2K servers are down :fp:

Turn 2K servers on - 25,0000 VC

CLW
12-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Turn 2K servers on - 25,0000 VC

Just logged in no bonus for me?

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Just logged in no bonus for me?

He was saying it costs that much to turn on the servers :D

Got back on, didn't lose any progress. That's good news.

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Then I try to redeem coins for attributes, server down :fp:

bdoughty
12-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Then I try to redeem coins for attributes, server down :fp:

Turn Server back on and redeem coins = 35,000 VC

:drum:

This was going to be one of the games I purchased when I pick up my PS4 but I really have not heard anything other than it looks really good but plays the same as current gen. Throw in all this VC mess and there is no way I am rewarding this kind of behavior toward customers. Madden and Fifa look like they will be my only games until Thief hits in Feb.

No CLW, you will not be getting 35,000 points. :D

Stan HAMsen
12-28-2013, 09:36 AM
I have mostly enjoyed playing this, but they definitely have some kinks to work out.

I don't like that the injury storyline appears to be the only path to the court.

Sometimes I lose teammate points for passing to an open man. It says "bad pass selection." I guess that means the player I passed to is on a cold streak or something, but how am I supposed to know that?

I restarted MyCareer after I figured out how to play the game a little (the rookie showcase had been the first time I played ANY hoops game since EA's last college basketball game :D). I couldn't figure out how to change my player's name. Not a huge deal, just a little odd.

The VC situation is interesting. I didn't read the full article and haven't messed around with other modes, so I don't know the full scope. I understand if the VC you earn in MyCareer is only good for that player. But I'm pretty sure the first time I played I started with, like, 6000 VC. Shouldn't I always start with that? I didn't get it when I restarted. What about VC that you purchase? If you restart, do you loose all that too?

Stan HAMsen
12-28-2013, 11:07 AM
What about VC that you purchase? If you restart, do you loose all that too?

I was curious about this, so I did a little experiment. The answer appears to be 'yes, you lose it.'

bdoughty
12-28-2013, 06:26 PM
5,000 VC Valid till Mon 30th (http://nba2k4life.com/2013/12/28/nba-2k14-locker-codes-5000-vc-for-free-xbox-one-xbox-360-ps3-and-ps4/)

Xbox One and Playstation 4: N14PS-F7TY4-Y82X4-27KRS-6EJDA

SmoothPancakes
12-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Between the VC crap and the servers apparently sucking, definitely glad I bought FIFA on Thursday instead of NBA 2K. Maybe I'll look at it in a couple months if the price gets cut or try to rent it. Until then, keep the impressions and comments coming!

JBHuskers
12-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah I tried today and still can't get on to redeem the codes.

cdj
12-28-2013, 09:18 PM

Stan HAMsen
12-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Wow, looks like servers are still down.

JBHuskers
12-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Yep. I've been playing Live Ultimate Team all afternoon.

jaymo76
12-29-2013, 05:20 PM
I have mostly enjoyed playing this, but they definitely have some kinks to work out.

I don't like that the injury storyline appears to be the only path to the court.

Sometimes I lose teammate points for passing to an open man. It says "bad pass selection."

The VC situation is interesting. I didn't read the full article and haven't messed around with other modes, so I don't know the full scope. I understand if the VC you earn in MyCareer is only good for that player.

This sums up a lot of my thoughts as well. Personally at first I loved the story mode but then I quickly realised how scripted it is. There really isn't a lot of free will. Plus some of the logic makes no sense. You lead you team in scoring for several games and then get in a fight protecting your teammates and your benched and threatened to be demoted... then the next game with less minutes you score less points and now you fall to 8th spot... yeah okay...

2k's story mode is awesome BUT I think it is too over the top in some areas. Some weeks you "Play" more story than you do games. The whole rivalry will Ellis is stupid IMO and actually detracts from my interest in the mode. Frankly player development needs to be more organic.

JBHuskers
12-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Servers still down :fp:

bdoughty
12-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Servers still down :fp:

2k Cares, they really do. Want to buy a hoodie? (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153685166530305&set=a.323879500304.327771.221292025304&type=1&theater)

Even the link to buying their hoodie is broken. :D

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 09:30 AM
2k Cares, they really do. Want to buy a hoodie? (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153685166530305&set=a.323879500304.327771.221292025304&type=1&theater)

Even the link to buying their hoodie is broken. :D

Like CDJ said, maybe I should file a lawsuit like the idiots against Battlefield 4 (a game I've put a lot of hours in and had no problems with). I can't even play MyPlayer because of this because the save file is in their cloud.

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Like CDJ said, maybe I should file a lawsuit like the idiots against Battlefield 4 (a game I've put a lot of hours in and had no problems with). I can't even play MyPlayer because of this because the save file is in their cloud.

That's exactly what I was thinking last night. Where are all the investigations and threats of lawsuits and everything else that people have been doing or bitching about when it comes to Battlefield 4. And yet, nothing on NBA 2K when, from my observer standpoint, the 2K issue is worse than the BF4 issue.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 10:56 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking last night. Where are all the investigations and threats of lawsuits and everything else that people have been doing or bitching about when it comes to Battlefield 4. And yet, nothing on NBA 2K when, from my observer standpoint, the 2K issue is worse than the BF4 issue.

By far. I'm completely enjoying BF4, while I can't play my favorite game mode at all because it isn't even showing that I have a save file any more. If it completely disappears I'll be pissed as I'm a good ways into my first season.

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't think anyone filing a lawsuit against either one of them are idiots. They both made promises and hyped the shit out of it only to release completely broken games. They both more than deserve to be sued.

...and I don't know about worse. Battlefield 4 was quite literally unplayable at launch and for several weeks after for most people. They've got most of the connection problems sorted out now, but now it's riddled with hit detection problems, lag in some games, unbalanced weapons, and just about anything else you can think of.

They're both pretty fucking bad.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 01:25 PM
The odd thing is it wasn't ever unplayable for me. Hence a lawsuit is pretty stupid. Lag, unbalanced weapons, that's in EVERY shooter, and no one has sued.

2K is unplayable because I can't even access it.

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 01:30 PM
The odd thing is it wasn't ever unplayable for me. Hence a lawsuit is pretty stupid. Lag, unbalanced weapons, that's in EVERY shooter, and no one has sued.

2K is unplayable because I can't even access it.

I didn't think you bought it right away? The PS3/360 versions were absolutely 100% unplayable for the first few days or so after launch, and then was really spotty after. The next gen versions were very spotty right away and after a few weeks, it seems they got the connectivity issues sorted out.

...and it's not just the unbalances. Shit, check the threads on Battlelog. People still can't connect, people falling through the ground, people getting their systems locked up, etc...I mean, there's still some really bad stuff going on. I've had a few crashes here and there, but that doesn't mean other people aren't experiencing much worse. Besides, when Microsoft starts refunding people for Premium status, you KNOW something is majorly fucked up with the game.

The stupid thing is that it could have been all avoided. Don't rush the game to beat Call of Duty, put a little love into it, and boom, excellent product that will still sell millions of copies.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Played next gen from day one. Didn't play PS3 except for renting it for a week before the PS4 came out. Didn't have problems there either.

The fact of the matter is, Battlefield 4 is more than playable for me, and I can't even ACCESS what I want in 2K.

SCClassof93
12-30-2013, 01:37 PM
I have only had a few instances of not being able to load into the 2k servers. Frustrating, no doubt and if a publisher is going to go this route they need to make sure it works. I have played every game of my career and am in the second season around game 52. Have really enjoyed the game to the point I can say I have gotten my monies worth. With that said, it sucks massive hippopotamus balls to tie so many trophies to this VC crap. I know, I know, it is all about micro-transactions and driving them post sale, but it is getting ridiculous to the point of looking like my favorite game company, EA.

In other news, requiring me to be on your servers to play my solo game sucks those same massive (drained now) hippo balls.

jaymo76
12-30-2013, 01:42 PM
In other news, requiring me to be on your servers to play my solo game sucks those same massive (drained now) hippo balls.

This part is the thing that gets me. I was shocked when I found this out. After the simcity fiasco I am shocked a company would hop on this bandwagon so quickly.

SCClassof93
12-30-2013, 01:43 PM
This part is the thing that gets me. I was shocked when I found this out. After the simcity fiasco I am shocked a company would hop on this bandwagon so quickly.

http://brightlearning2012.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/212369-smiling-hippo-gif.jpg

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Played next gen from day one. Didn't play PS3 except for renting it for a week before the PS4 came out. Didn't have problems there either.

The fact of the matter is, Battlefield 4 is more than playable for me, and I can't even ACCESS what I want in 2K.

Again, not everyone is going to experience the connection problems. PS3/360 servers were down for everyone for the first couple of days or had so much lag that it wasn't playable. Even now with all the connection issues fixed, it's still a broken game due to how much shit doesn't work as it should.

Don't take it as me defending NBA, either. It's in the same boat, IMO. Hyped up as being amazing and turning out to suck.

Stan HAMsen
12-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Looks like the servers are up.

Stan HAMsen
12-30-2013, 05:54 PM
5,000 VC Valid till Mon 30th (http://nba2k4life.com/2013/12/28/nba-2k14-locker-codes-5000-vc-for-free-xbox-one-xbox-360-ps3-and-ps4/)

Xbox One and Playstation 4: N14PS-F7TY4-Y82X4-27KRS-6EJDA

Just cashed this in.

Stan HAMsen
12-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Looks like the servers are up.

Maybe not, haha.

Stan HAMsen
12-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Ugh.

I think I am going to wait for 2k to tell us the servers are working before I try this again. :down:

bdoughty
12-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Here is another one found at OS. (http://www.operationsports.com/news/697310/nba-2k14-locker-codes-5000-vc-for-free-xbox-360-ps3-good-until-jan-6th/)

Need some VC for NBA 2K14? Use the following locker code for Xbox 360 and PS3 to get 5,000 VC for free. It expires on Monday, January 6th.

N14PS-PQ9AD-MDK5L-QXTHX-JHQN3

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 11:03 PM
So it combined a generic player randomly generated with my current career progression on MyPlayer? :fp:

Think I might just start over unless I can edit him back.

Stan HAMsen
12-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Edit under options from the main menu, before you select MyCareer.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Whew. Thanks man.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Here is another one found at OS. (http://www.operationsports.com/news/697310/nba-2k14-locker-codes-5000-vc-for-free-xbox-360-ps3-good-until-jan-6th/)

Need some VC for NBA 2K14? Use the following locker code for Xbox 360 and PS3 to get 5,000 VC for free. It expires on Monday, January 6th.

N14PS-PQ9AD-MDK5L-QXTHX-JHQN3

No wonder it didn't work :D that's for PS3 :S

bdoughty
12-31-2013, 01:40 AM
No wonder it didn't work :D that's for PS3 :S

My bad, there are no new VC codes, it was from the same batch as the one I listed a few days ago. :blush:

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 09:17 AM
And one of my older codes that was supposed to be good til last night expired :fp: Guess they go off of eastern time.

On the bright side, no progress lost on MyPlayer, and got my guy re-edited. Spent a lot of VC doing upgrades on him too. I was already getting 20 a game the last four or five, so he'll be a superstar in no time.

SCClassof93
12-31-2013, 09:48 AM
I have had that bs new myplayer come up a few times when the servers are buggy. Just close the app and relaunch. If it ever erases my career..........well "hulk smash"...........

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 10:04 AM
I have had that bs new myplayer come up a few times when the servers are buggy. Just close the app and relaunch. If it ever erases my career..........well "hulk smash"...........

After all the screwing up that it did, and number of times it asked me to make a new one, it didn't erase. It just replaced my look; which Stan showed how to fix.

cdj
12-31-2013, 01:31 PM
New VC code courtesy Ronnie 2K:

Expires midnight PST- All Eyes On Me #LockerCodes
PS4/XB1: N14PS-MMV9W-XC1QY-YV6QD-I23QD
PS3/360: N14PS-3YV8Z-NGQCM-K61QF-HPBEZ
#NBA2K14

He just posted the following, so it appears the PS4/XB1 code above isn't correct.

Expires midnight PST- All Eyes On Me #LockerCodes
PS4/XB1: N14PS-QZPQN-JNU2Q-JYQX5-4DHJ7
PS3/360: N14PS-3YV8Z-NGQCM-K61QF-HPBEZ #NBA2K14

He just posted this:

Those who got my first tweet with the #LockerCodes enjoy the bonus 10K MTP that was going to be in the app next!

Stan HAMsen
12-31-2013, 02:36 PM
What is MTP?

Canes Fan
12-31-2013, 04:12 PM
My team points , basically ultimate team.

SCClassof93
01-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Have had several times in the past few days that I can't play mycareer due to 2k servers. :fp:

Stan HAMsen
01-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I was really enjoying this and I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I'm glad I have FIFA to give me my next gen sports fix while 2k gets their act together.

Have they said what the deal is with their servers? Anybody else wonder if somebody got upset about the VC situation and compromised 2k's security somehow?

SCClassof93
01-04-2014, 01:35 PM
I was really enjoying this and I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I'm glad I have FIFA to give me my next gen sports fix while 2k gets their act together.

Have they said what the deal is with their servers? Anybody else wonder if somebody got upset about the VC situation and compromised 2k's security somehow?

In some way JB is probably to blame :D

Stan HAMsen
01-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks, JB, for making NBA2k unplayable.

JBHuskers
01-05-2014, 03:02 PM
You're welcome! The server issues are back?

cdj
01-05-2014, 06:49 PM

From Friday on Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/03/fix-for-nba-2k14-addressing-server-and-crash-woes-live.aspx):

Many fans of 2K Sports’ NBA 2K14 have reached out to us to share problems they are having with the game. Issues have included missing saves for MyCareer and MyGM mode and an inability to play MyTeam at all.

2K Sports' digital marketing director Ronnie Singh shared via Twitter that the issues with the servers and connectivity problems preventing users from getting online have been fixed. "2 lingering #NBA2K14 items dev is working on- MyCAREER/MyGM sending ppl to main menu on XB1 & #ThePark connectivity #NBA2K14," he writes. "Thankfully we're getting back to normal everywhere else. Thanks again for being patient, stay tuned for more updates #NBA2K14"

Here is Ronnie 2K's Twitter account (https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K). He does a good job of posting the latest info.

SCClassof93
01-06-2014, 09:23 AM
You're welcome! The server issues are back?

It is weird, off/on type thing. When I actually have an hour or two I will fire it up and nothing, turn it off and try 15 minutes later and good to go......and sometimes NOT :fp:

SCClassof93
01-06-2014, 09:24 AM
From Friday on Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/03/fix-for-nba-2k14-addressing-server-and-crash-woes-live.aspx):

Many fans of 2K Sports’ NBA 2K14 have reached out to us to share problems they are having with the game. Issues have included missing saves for MyCareer and MyGM mode and an inability to play MyTeam at all.

2K Sports' digital marketing director Ronnie Singh shared via Twitter that the issues with the servers and connectivity problems preventing users from getting online have been fixed. "2 lingering #NBA2K14 items dev is working on- MyCAREER/MyGM sending ppl to main menu on XB1 & #ThePark connectivity #NBA2K14," he writes. "Thankfully we're getting back to normal everywhere else. Thanks again for being patient, stay tuned for more updates #NBA2K14"

Here is Ronnie 2K's Twitter account (https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K). He does a good job of posting the latest info.

Fact is there should only be issues with game modes that would require online. Single player games should not require online.

JBHuskers
01-06-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm suing!

SCClassof93
01-06-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm suing!

Nah, just going to vote with my $$$, and yes IOU it may mean having to get out of games. Soon all games will run through Facebook anyway...........all restaurants will be Taco Bell etc

I OU a Beatn
01-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Nah, just going to vote with my $$$, and yes IOU it may mean having to get out of games. Soon all games will run through Facebook anyway...........all restaurants will be Taco Bell etc

:clap:

Gaming has really taken a dump that last few years. Between microtransactions, rushed products, constant connection issues, and just general greed, I'm getting pretty fed up myself. H-Hour can't come soon enough.

JBHuskers
01-06-2014, 04:02 PM
:clap:

Gaming has really taken a dump that last few years. Between microtransactions, rushed products, constant connection issues, and just general greed, I'm getting pretty fed up myself. H-Hour can't come soon enough.

Because it will be lag free from the get go....

:sarcasm:

Stan HAMsen
01-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Every time the 'Cut the Lead' scenario comes up in MyCareer, my teammates start missing everything and I lose by 30. :down:

If there was a punch button, I would have been banned from the NBA already. :D

SCClassof93
01-08-2014, 06:24 AM
Have not had any servers issues lately.

Stan HAMsen
01-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Me either. I played around 20 games the last 2 days without incident.

jaymo76
01-13-2014, 12:05 AM
I see that Polygon dropped it's 2k next gen rating from a 8 to a 5. Ouch! I haven't had many issues with the game. It's too bad that so many people have.

bdoughty
01-13-2014, 12:23 AM
I see that Polygon dropped it's 2k next gen rating from a 8 to a 5. Ouch! I haven't had many issues with the game. It's too bad that so many people have.

Polygon reviews are always a hoot to keep track of. In just a few days (http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/4/4051444/simcity-review) Sim City went from a 9.5 to 8.0, then plummeting to a 4.0 and finally ending up at 6.5 a month later.

SCClassof93
01-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Have not had any servers issues lately.

Can't play this morning? Won't load and boots be out of the app. 2k site mentions patch 4 coming. Good excuse for me to try Live some today.:nod:

SCClassof93
01-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Well, I am now getting the CE-34878-0 error when trying to load mycareer :fp: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/ps4-error-ce-34878-0-wiping-save-files
Any suggestions? This may be the end for my gaming.

JBHuskers
01-25-2014, 06:47 PM
I just got ejected, then suspended and fined :D I was just sticking up for my teammate man!

jaymo76
01-26-2014, 08:26 PM
I just got ejected, then suspended and fined :D I was just sticking up for my teammate man!

Did the GM also drop your playing time??? He did it to "me"...

JBHuskers
01-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Did the GM also drop your playing time??? He did it to "me"...

A little, but I'm still the 6th man. I earned it back.

Since I was out sick most of last week, I played quite a bit. I think I'm 26 games in now.

JBHuskers
01-31-2014, 11:07 PM
2.5 GB patch out now.

JBHuskers
02-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Just had a post game chat with LeBron after Utah nearly knocked them off in Miami. That was pretty cool.

bdoughty
02-01-2014, 03:00 AM
Call me Hypocrite.

I caved and found a used copy at Gamestop tonight. I just never clicked with Live due to the sluggish controls. This is an area where 2K14 simply dominates. In both fluidity and the use of isomotion with the R-Stick. It is also a very nice looking game. Only got to use play now because it was installing but looking forward to starting a My Player and MY GM later today.

Oh and the trade in value for Live was $7 dollars. Fortunately they were giving an extra $10 for any next gen game.

steelerfan
02-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Call me Hypocrite.

Hypocrite.

Done and you're welcome. :)

bdoughty
02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it! :up:

I know they are going for realism but the arenas seem to have a smoky look to them in broadcast views. They also need to fire the guy who worked on the controller vibration, that shit never stops, especially on offense. Had to turn that off.

SCClassof93
02-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Patch 4 has fixed whatever was causing my problem. No games lost :up:

I OU a Beatn
02-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Oh and the trade in value for Live was $7 dollars.

:whoa:

Stan HAMsen
02-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Patch 4 has fixed whatever was causing my problem. No games lost :up:

Glad to hear it.

Edit: read other thread.

bdoughty
02-08-2014, 06:12 PM
I am starting to think 2KSports got screwed when they tried to hire "trained monkeys" to do some of the coding and were sent "untrained lazy monkeys" instead.

Have never played a game with so many things screwed up at one time. They could not even get the All-Star game working, at least for me. To play it in quick play I have to load the roster each time, even if it is the same default roster, just to get the rosters and uniforms. Of course when than works I have yet to see the new court, I only get the Old Toyota Center court.

Add to the aggravation, since day one I have never seen the NBA Today Video load or any of the my player stiff. Do not see images of what I am buying and no matter what I buy or try to wear it is the brown shirt and sweat pants. It's a good thing she is a looker and plays well, otherwise I would have to toss her into the ocean with a bag of rocks.

Heard reinstalling it might help so I am doing that right now but I am not too confident.

I OU a Beatn
02-08-2014, 06:51 PM
I am starting to think 2KSports got screwed when they tried to hire "trained monkeys" to do some of the coding and were sent "untrained lazy monkeys" instead.

Have never played a game with so many things screwed up at one time. They could not even get the All-Star game working, at least for me. To play it in quick play I have to load the roster each time, even if it is the same default roster, just to get the rosters and uniforms. Of course when than works I have yet to see the new court, I only get the Old Toyota Center court.

Add to the aggravation, since day one I have never seen the NBA Today Video load or any of the my player stiff. Do not see images of what I am buying and no matter what I buy or try to wear it is the brown shirt and sweat pants. It's a good thing she is a looker and plays well, otherwise I would have to toss her into the ocean with a bag of rocks.

Heard reinstalling it might help so I am doing that right now but I am not too confident.

It's maddening to me this game keeps getting consistent 9+ scores every year. The same garbage is broken or messed up every single year. I guess it gets a free pass because most of the gaming press know nothing about the game of basketball and just gives it a nice score because it looks nice and on the surface it plays like basketball. Meanwhile, they keep adding amazing features like "the park" instead of fixing the broken ass game play.

bdoughty
02-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Damn you cloud. MS needs to put an end to cloud only saves because this shit is pissing me off. Of course the install did nothing. They even know it is a big problem as it gets it's own * in the knowledge base where no knowledge is found. (http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/sections/200299983-NBA-2K14).

Stan HAMsen
02-10-2014, 07:14 PM
I started playing this again over the weekend. I picked up the MyCareer that I had going when the 2k servers became unreliable, which was 18 games into the first season as a PG for Atlanta. I asked for a trade at the first opportunity at landed in Minnesota, which feels like a much better fit somehow.

It seems like everything takes longer to load than it used to, especially loading the game from PS4 menu.

I like most of the presentation, but I hate the highlights of the teams against each other in the unis they are about to wear as part of the pregame. It's like highlights from the game that is about to be played. Hate it in NCAA 14, hate it here.

jaymo76
02-10-2014, 09:41 PM
I started playing this again over the weekend. I picked up the MyCareer that I had going when the 2k servers became unreliable, which was 18 games into the first season as a PG for Atlanta. I asked for a trade at the first opportunity at landed in Minnesota, which feels like a much better fit somehow.

It seems like everything takes longer to load than it used to, especially loading the game from PS4 menu.

I like most of the presentation, but I hate the highlights of the teams against each other in the unis they are about to wear as part of the pregame. It's like highlights from the game that is about to be played. Hate it in NCAA 14, hate it here.

I haven't played in a long while either, though I have wanted to. I am close to the halfway point of the season. Right now I have too many games and I don't have enough time (MADDEN 25, NBA 2K14, LIVE 14, DON'T STARVE, MARVEL SUPERHEROES, OUTLAST, etc.). I also want to get back into NCAA FBALL 14 and NCAA BBALL 10 in the near future.

I totally agree on the highlights topic you brought up. Building on that, I really wish we could SELECT UNIS FOR OUR TEAM AND THE CPU TEAM. multi-uniforms are huge in every sport right now yet in mycareer you get home and away, that's it.

Escobar
02-12-2014, 05:40 AM
2K ties their jerseys to the rosters. So in order to get the new jerseys in your career, you have to restart with the updated rosters.

SmoothPancakes
02-12-2014, 08:24 AM
2K ties their jerseys to the rosters. So in order to get the new jerseys in your career, you have to restart with the updated rosters.

Well that's the most absolutely stupid thing I've ever heard. What the hell was 2K thinking there?

Stan HAMsen
02-12-2014, 08:58 AM
I think jaymo just wants to change to alternate unis and such here and there. I would do that some too if given the option.

Stan HAMsen
02-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Just turned on the PS4 for the first time in a few days and I have a notification that something didn't upload. I open it up and it's from NBA 2k, error code NP-34925-3. I turned on the system because I was going to play this game. If there is something wrong that prevents me from playing, I am done with NBA 2k14 forever.

Stan HAMsen
02-15-2014, 11:24 AM
I was able to 'retry' the upload and it looks like everything is fine.

I guess I'm still on edge from that week when the 2k servers made the game unplayable + the issues that SC was having.

SCClassof93
02-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Finally got to play some and finally after three full seasons won the NBA title :up:

CLW
02-16-2014, 08:31 AM
Finally got to play some and finally after three full seasons won the NBA title :up:

Damn dude you are loggin' in a TON of 2K14

SCClassof93
02-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Damn dude you are loggin' in a TON of 2K14

I was until the pre patch 4 issues. Going to have to park it now for a bit.

CLW
02-16-2014, 08:36 AM
I was until the pre patch 4 issues. Going to have to park it now for a bit.

I haven't played much at all since the servers went to crap what feels like a month + back now.

I OU a Beatn
02-16-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't know how you even play it. I've been trying to get 99 stars on My Team Domination and the AI is the cheapest thing I've ever seen. Every single loose ball goes to the CPU. I've had players on my team randomly run out of bounds as I'm about to pass them the ball. I've had passes 15 feet down court get overthrown right to the CPU. Add to that the enormous amount of missed layups (basically, if there's a defender there, it's going to be a miss) and I've just about reached my end. I say it every year, but I truly don't see how this game consistently gets the high scores it gets.

SmoothPancakes
02-16-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't know how you even play it. I've been trying to get 99 stars on My Team Domination and the AI is the cheapest thing I've ever seen. Every single loose ball goes to the CPU. I've had players on my team randomly run out of bounds as I'm about to pass them the ball. I've had passes 15 feet down court get overthrown right to the CPU. Add to that the enormous amount of missed layups (basically, if there's a defender there, it's going to be a miss) and I've just about reached my end. I say it every year, but I truly don't see how this game consistently gets the high scores it gets.

A mix of 2K fanboys and NBA 2K always had some big positives, and after the NBA Live debacle the last couple years, that everyone seems to ignore the VERY glaring negatives and prevail it as the greatest game ever made every year.

SCClassof93
02-17-2014, 11:30 AM

I have only played mycareer mode and while I see some minor issues such as way to much goal tending I have played this a lot because I enjoy it.....pure and simple the fun factor. I think I played 2k12 for a week, maybe 20 games. I just enjoy this one :nod:

I OU a Beatn
02-17-2014, 11:53 AM
I have only played mycareer mode and while I see some minor issues such as way to much goal tending I have played this a lot because I enjoy it.....pure and simple the fun factor. I think I played 2k12 for a week, maybe 20 games. I just enjoy this one :nod:

How do you get your team to come out with loose balls? If a ball is going out of bounds and it's saved, CPU gets it virtually every time. Same thing with tipped passes. Same thing with offensive rebounds. That and the constantly missed layups are the things that just drive me absolutely insane with the game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, because I've had this same problem for the last 3 or 4 games.

SCClassof93
02-17-2014, 12:05 PM
How do you get your team to come out with loose balls? If a ball is going out of bounds and it's saved, CPU gets it virtually every time. Same thing with tipped passes. Same thing with offensive rebounds. That and the constantly missed layups are the things that just drive me absolutely insane with the game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, because I've had this same problem for the last 3 or 4 games.

My front three get rebounds on O and D. I get some and lose some on the ball going out but saved. Tipped passes are the same, win some lose some. I see missed layups from time to time when "contested".

Escobar
02-18-2014, 10:47 PM

These random events rely heavily on player awareness. I noticed that when I had a young team, pretty much all 1-3 year players I was having the issues that you were having. It seemed like my players were brain dead. When playing with some older players on my team, I noticed that those problems were pretty much gone. I used the same sliders and settings, and was on the same patch number playing MyGM. It was like night and day when I had some veterans with more awareness on my team.

JBHuskers
03-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Hadn't played this in a while. Is anyone else having the audio get completely muted randomly then it comes back a few seconds later?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

bdoughty
03-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Nope, play it daily.

Edit: There may be an issue with this on the PS4, I seem to recall it being mentioned over at OS.

SCClassof93
03-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Hadn't played this in a while. Is anyone else having the audio get completely muted randomly then it comes back a few seconds later?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

Like someone hit "mute" for a second or three? Happens often since patch 4.

SCClassof93
03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Nope, play it daily.

Edit: There may be an issue with this on the PS4, I seem to recall it being mentioned over at OS.

How dare you, sir!! :D

JBHuskers
03-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Like someone hit "mute" for a second or three? Happens often since patch 4.

Ahh okay.

I'm about halfway through my first season now. I don't have it on that high of a difficulty so I'm averaging 23 a game :D but I don't care. I'm not in it for the challenge, just having fun with the mode.

SCClassof93
03-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Ahh okay.

I'm about halfway through my first season now. I don't have it on that high of a difficulty so I'm averaging 23 a game :D but I don't care. I'm not in it for the challenge, just having fun with the mode.

Mycareer is insanely fun! Took me three seasons to win a championship (and get all the trophies) and I will go back for more later. Started MyGm and it is a blast as well, tons of stuff to do/upgrade :up:

SCClassof93
03-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Found something else I do not like...........mygm does EVERYTHING it can to milk you for VC. I am in my second season now and I am up to level 50+. I started mygm with considerable vc carrying over from my career and leveled up a good bit to start. However, after using vc to unlock an ability..it charges more vc to then use the ability, every time:fp:. Add to this at season end it costs more vc to train/send guys to camp etc. and the "hulk smash" moments when my coach or "advisers" want something that costs more vc than I have. Say no to any of this and they get pissed, and ratings drop.................pisses me off...............end rant :D

SCClassof93
03-19-2014, 12:22 PM
I suggest if playing mygm do not let your vc balance drop below 2500-3500 just in case your whiny coach wants a weight room upgrade :fp:

and 50000 vc to buy a team and earn a trophy :glare:

jaymo76
03-19-2014, 08:54 PM
So I was wondering, since you have to be online to play mycareer, what will happen when the servers eventually get cut? Will the game be dead or will they patch in an offline mode?

JBHuskers
03-19-2014, 09:01 PM
So I was wondering, since you have to be online to play mycareer, what will happen when the servers eventually get cut? Will the game be dead or will they patch in an offline mode?

2K will probably assume you bought the next game :D

Escobar
03-26-2014, 10:56 AM
2K will probably assume you bought the next game :D

:+1:

bdoughty
04-19-2014, 04:52 AM
Stupid playoff glitch that would not let me advance, so I sent a customer service an email in regards to this.

Bdsooner72, Mar 17 23:14:

I am playing MY GM *season mode* (Xbox One). Everything was working fine until the playoffs. I finish a game. Exit to GM menu, Exit to main menu (it shows to be saving) but next time I go in that game is not played. I even tried simming a game and when loaded again did not save the game.

Only took one month to reply and this is how I am supposed to fix the issue?

Teresa P., Apr 18 16:10:

Hello Bdsooner72,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are still experiencing troubles with our game on the Xbox One. We would like to have you try the following steps to help resolve the troubles you are experiencing.

Remove your profile from the console.
Go to Home screen.
Press the Menu button on your controller.
Select Settings.
Scroll to the right. Under OTHER PEOPLE, select Remove accounts.
Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Choose this person.
Select Remove from this Xbox to confirm.
When you’re finished, select Close.

Uninstall the Game
Start from Home (press the Xbox button on your controller to go Home).
Go to My games and apps.
Highlight the content that you want to uninstall.
Select Uninstall

Hold the power button on the console until it shuts off then unplug the power cord for 30 seconds,

Once console is restarted download your profile,
Select Sign in
Sign into your gamer tag.
Allow your profile to download.

Disconnect from your internet by going into
Go to Home screen.
Select Settings.
Select Network
Select Disconnect

Install the game

Reconnect to the Internet and start the game to download the update.

After the game is finished updating please check to see if your issue is still occurring. If you continue to have troubles please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Teresa P.

Yeah, will do. Not! Going to stick to exhibition games with the classic teams instead. Really working hard to get me to purchase 2K15. :fp:

skipwondah33
06-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Probably my PS3 controller

But I'm ready to destroy something due to the fact every time I have an open layup or shot the damn substitution menu pops up. Never fails every time it seems. I can't even do it on purpose if I tried.

Now this is the same controller that when I play Madden and hit speed burst it randomly makes me try to pitch the ball

JBHuskers
06-27-2014, 04:01 PM
This. :D :D :D