PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 25 (PS4 & XB1)

cdj
11-10-2013, 10:33 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7339/10792808343_1d6acd2690_o.jpg

Amazon purchase links: PlayStation 4 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CYS5DU8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CYS5DU8&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20) - Xbox One (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CX7FOVS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CX7FOVS&linkCode=as2&tag=thegamtai-20)

Use this thread to share your thoughts, ask questions, look for friends to play online, or post final next-gen game media from around the web for Madden NFL 25.

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Pretty under the weather today but I got in one game (though my headache didn't make it a good experience). I played as Washington home to Miami in a huge snowstorm. I was just trying things out so the score doesn't matter (though I did lose 34-0!!! on all madden).

Pros:
-visuals are slightly improved
-lots more detail on players (mud, dirt, facial expressions)
-sidelines are more alive... basically people slightly move out of the way while the coach paces the field
-crowd noise is pretty well done (it gets loud when you pump the crowd and they boo when you play bad... well done!
-qb stat overlay on the pause menu is a nice addition
-ability to stream to twitch is awesome... I will try it out later
-PASS DEFENSE IS VASTLY IMPROVED
** I threw four pics
** coverage on comebacks was insane
-it appears as though ratings do matter more
-running the ball up the gut feels pretty good
-the crowd appears to be a lot better...but not perfect
-the AI QB and the O line forma nice pocket

Cons:
-no new commentary
-zero new additions to what the ps3 addition had
-where is the pocket for hum qb and O line???
-weather does not appear to impact the game
-crowd noise does not appear to impact the game
-the load screen to get into a game is ridiculously long!
-running up the middle, though fun may be a tad bit easty while running to the outside often results in a loss
-some poor AI blocking... players runs right by their blocks
-ZERO PENALTIES... as per usual with Madden... :(
-halftime "show" is even shorter than on ps3???
-weight and height don't really seem to impact the game as players all feel similar

Oh and PS, sorry Rudy but the Dolphins road white pants appear to be gray???

Now as to my thoughts after one game. It's NOT what I consider to be next gen... BUT... it is a better, more polished product. For $10 it's totally worth it IMO. I expect more of my game but for the price I'm okay with it. There is improvement and you will feel it right away but it will not blow you away. However, if you have a ps4 and you have madden, pay the 10 bucks to upgrade.

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Game two I decided to take serious... and I also streamed it on twitch... with no followers... :D:fp:

Using default all pro I took Carolina into Miami and pulled out a hard fought 10-3 victory. This game was totally different from the Washington game. Apparently the weather DOES make a difference as in the snow game qb accuracy was awful. This game had perfect conditions and passing was too easy for both teams. Overall I enjoyed this second game quite a bit. Slider tweaks may make this game top notch???

The run game up the middle is big money if a you a decent O line. Kalil steam-rolled the D and Williams/Newton ran for over 160 yards combined. Running to the outside is risky and the read option is a no go IF you have not set up the run already. Passing windows are sure narrow though. People will throw a lot of pics if they don't lead their receivers.

Again, where is the pocket? I'm just not seeing it for user teams... Another minor annoyance is that there is a lot of flicker to the colours. One moment the Carolina facemask is gray and the next it's black. A definite positive though... uniform degradation is a thing of beauty!

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 08:00 PM
By the way, anyone else play madden yet?

I OU a Beatn
11-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Pass coverage is definitely better. Thank fucking God. I've only played one game so I don't know how improved, but I think it's something I can actually work with.

jaymo76
11-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Pass coverage is definitely better. Thank fucking God. I've only played one game so I don't know how improved, but I think it's something I can actually work with.

Oh yeah, it's tight on a lot of former $$$ plays. I have been killed out quick slants and comeback routes. The key is to have balance and use the run to open up the pass. I was ripped to shreds in game one when I didn't run the ball.

jaymo76
11-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Really cool... the cpu punts the ball into my endzone and my guy tries to get out of the way but the football hits him and he has to dive for it at my own two yard line. Wow! The replay looked great!

jaymo76
11-16-2013, 01:55 AM
What an amazing game I just had. I played as Minnesota @ Tampa in heavy rain. The final score was Minny 16-10 in OT. This was really a fun, fun game.

Stats:

Freeman 8/15 100 yards 1 td 1 int (53.3%)
Glennon 8/15 108 yards 1 td (53.3%)
Peterson 20 att 119 yards 1 td (5.9 ypc)
Minny's D had 6 sacks (Allen with 3)

Game notes:
-I notice they removed ASSISTED TACKLES. It didn't work on ps3 anyways but I'm surprised they could not fix it for ps4.
-finally... two penalties called against the cpu (offside & illegal touching)
-uniform degradation in rain is overdone but it really great to see (don't change it EA!!!)
-challenges are still as broken as ever (1 foot in bounds and it's a td???)
-auto-subs??? Not sure if they work on not... only starters seem to play
-slow gameplay feels much better than normal
-I find it near impossible to break big runs off kickoffs

Rudy
11-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Oh and PS, sorry Rudy but the Dolphins road white pants appear to be gray???

Now as to my thoughts after one game. It's NOT what I consider to be next gen... BUT... it is a better, more polished product. For $10 it's totally worth it IMO. I expect more of my game but for the price I'm okay with it. There is improvement and you will feel it right away but it will not blow you away. However, if you have a ps4 and you have madden, pay the 10 bucks to upgrade.

Yeah, the Dolphins unis are messed up and annoy me. My favourite combo is the all white but the white pants are a light gray! Dumb! They have the 2012 and 2013 "white" pants as light gray. I have to use throwback pants (with old school stripes) to get a true all white look. The aqua colour is wrong too. Why couldn't they have fixed this? I tweeted numerous times to them after the game released about these issues. Not a HUGE deal but it's annoying when it's your team.

jaymo76
11-17-2013, 03:15 AM
I started a test CFM with Tampa Bay...

So again with this madden you can only change cpu unis if you have a 2nd controller. Also the shadow outlines of players without pics are back.

The first line of commentary talked about how Josh Freeman needs to step up this year. Yp the same Josh freeman who plays for Minnesota. I did hear one new line of commentary about Schiano being concerned about the new owner's comments.

Screen plays by the cpu on third down continue to go for huge gains. Plus cpu qb accuracy tends to be well over 70% each game.

Grrr!!! Formation subs still do NOT stick from week to week...

Auto-subs do work but you need to adjust the numbers of the starters are not rested enough with default.

The biggest issue thus far though has to be the sheer number of interceptions in this game. Now I admit that many are my fault because the secondary coverage is a lot tighter than on ps3 However, again wit ps4 the wr are not fighting for the ball. The db's go up high while the wr stands there and watches...???... What I find frustrating is that a cp wr will fight for the ball but a hum receiver will not. :( Human wr do NOT come back to the ball and the db will simply step in front of them. Sadly it is still very common to see the db in front of the wr on slants...

I'm not really seeing all that much pass rush pressure. The only way you get real penetration is with all out blitzing.

Warning... make sure your hand doesn't slip and hit the touch pad or else you will call a time out by mistake.

jaymo76
11-17-2013, 03:18 AM
In that game I just mentioned I threw SEVEN ints (Bal @ TB pre season week 1)
Aaron Corp had 4, Jordan Rodgers had 2 and Graham Harrell had 1
My receivers had five drops

Yup, I will really need to work on some sliders to limit the amount of pics I throw.

jaymo76
11-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Please tell me I'm not the only one throwing a million pics...

I OU a Beatn
11-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Please tell me I'm not the only one throwing a million pics...

I'm not throwing any more than I did on past gen, which is 1 every 2 or 3 games. I have to be more careful because DBs are much more willing to jump passes and just generally in much better position, but I haven't had any trouble adjusting to it.

jaymo76
11-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Just checking out the sliders for all pro. The reason the secondary is so much better is because while everything else is set at 50 the cpu pass coverage slider is set at 75!!! This explains why the receivers are covered like glue.

JBHuskers
11-19-2013, 03:10 PM
By the way, anyone else play madden yet?

I streamed some Ultimate Team on Sunday. Got the hang of it a little better than I did on Friday. The sticks are wound tighter on the DS4, so it took a little getting used to. I found the Ultimate Team of the Week teams to be a lot more challenging on PS4 than PS3.

Deuce
11-19-2013, 06:41 PM
I am loving madden. I'm 10 games into my franchise with Jacksonville and I'm 3-7 on all pro. I normally don't practice or do skills trainers but I finally broke down and did some running skills. The only thing that is slightly bothering me is the INT's. I'm frigin horrible...like 20 in 10 games horrible. The 'problem' is that they were all legit. The pass d is just that good and Gabbert is just that bad. I'm not going to adjust any sliders and see if I can just start taking sacks or learn to throw out of bounds.

The only bad part is this makes me miss NCAA that much more. I would love to see what they could do with the NCAA series with this tech. I had REALLY low expectations for the 1st iteration on next gen and I'm pretty close to calling this one of my favorite Madden's of all time. Man, I sure hope something changes and we get an NCAA game again one day soon.

BTW, when did Ron Jeremy buy the Jaguars? They have a cut scene of owners during games and my owner is a dead ringer for Ron. Pretty funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

CLW
11-22-2013, 06:46 PM
So........ did I just screw the pooch on my chance at :plat:

I go to import my PS3 MUT team. I choose my captain and then when I go to setup my team to get the Chemistry rewards for some reason it has LP and SP as my two goals which obviously I cannot get both to be high enough for that one trophy. Any clue how to change the chemistry goals and/or fix my situation?

I OU a Beatn
11-22-2013, 08:01 PM
So........ did I just screw the pooch on my chance at :plat:

I go to import my PS3 MUT team. I choose my captain and then when I go to setup my team to get the Chemistry rewards for some reason it has LP and SP as my two goals which obviously I cannot get both to be high enough for that one trophy. Any clue how to change the chemistry goals and/or fix my situation?

Change them on the depth chart screen.

jaymo76
11-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Madden is kickinn my butt! Game three of the pre seasonvs the Dolphins. I lose 21-13 and am now 0-3. I am still throwing a ton of pics and the cpu's accuracy at time is insane. TB is not a good team so I find these fair results. However, I am going to tinker with a few sliders just for some more realsim.

Points of interest:
-I raised injuries to 65 and had three players go down with dislocated shoulders (all on my team)
-I moved pass coverage to 65 and still am getting eaten alive by DB's (2 ints)
-I moved fatigue to 65... didn't notice any more subbing than usual
-think I need to tune cpu qb's and/or hum pass covg. Cpu qb's are just too accurate
-almost no penalties... not going to adjust them. They screw up gameplay in other ways (as in CG)

Bizarre moment. Miami gets a 26 yard pass completion. My hand slips and hits the touch pd and I challenge the play. The ruling on the field is overturned??? WTF??? Seriously??????????????? Then the commentary says it's a bad challenge...??? What's going on here??? Bizarre!

jaymo76
11-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Game four of the pre-season and I am finally getting control of the passing game. I snuck out a 17-14 victory over Washington. I also tried the feature where I powered off the game after starting it and put the system in standby. I came back an hour later and fired up the game from my last point. It worked great BUT when the game restarted the unis were different (I was wearing road but them when we restarted I was in my home jerseys).

My only major complain thus far is that INJURED RESERVE does not work... again. I have two players on IR but I am forced to cut my roster to 51 as the two on IR take up spots. UPDATE: it appears that AFTER you make the cuts and get down you can then sign the players back....

jaymo76
11-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Arghh!!! That stupid LE/RE depth chart reshuffling glitch makes it's return!!! :fp:

HANDSWARD
11-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Now that I have had over a full week with the game, here are my thoughts:

This is the best Madden I have ever played. I am playing games on default All-Madden, no slider adjustments, and I am playing extremely realistic games. I started a CCM with the Steelers using 15 minutes quarters and clock run set to 12 seconds. I get 100% realistic stats across the board. I actually have to punt, a lot, and so does the CPU. I went 10-6 in my first season and lost in the wild card round of the playoffs. 2-1 in my second season now. Playing this career will likely drop off for me as I transferred over my MUT team on Saturday (I have been frantically selling all my bronze,silver,gold cards that are in collections for the past few weeks on ps3. Cashed in all the coin on Montana, Chris Carter, Ogden, RTP Beast Mode, RTP Tillman, and a few other role players for my depth chart.) Got the MUT Seasons ball rolling on Saturday and a bit late last night. I'm 26-2 in the middle of my 3rd season. People are pretty bad on ps4 MUT. Although I will likely see better competition as I get to the higher levels.

Pros:
- Running: True step running fixes so many legacy issues with the gameplay. You can no longer fool the AI by runing one way and jerking 90 degrees in another direction. You have to set up moves well in advance and execute them at the precise time. You have to use the right stick to execute good moves and get past a defender.
- Blocking: The pocket forms nicely on pass plays. If you are working deeper routes you have to step up in the pocket to get the extra time your receivers need. Run blocking is much better as well. There is still the occasional missed assignment (usually the pulling guard or fullback missing the cornerback crashing in on outside runs) but it is less often than I saw on ps3. The run blocking on runs in between the tackles is light years better. Find your hole and hit it. But don;t try to sprint to it, let the play develop.
- Coverage: Zones schemes are much more powerful, as they should be. Being a Steelers fan, I am thoroughly enjoying setting up all kinds of different zone blitzes. Man defense is on par with ps3. There are still routes that can always get open against man, but it probably should stay that way. If man worked against everything then people would just play man the entire time (like every year on ps3, ps2, ps1...).

On the Fence:
- Pass Rush: I like that you can actually get to the QB without having to bring 7 guys. But 3 guys gets home a little too easily and a little too often. It's not really the offensive line's fault, as they properly double team in the 3 man rush situation. It's the use of the right stick moves that can get a user controlled player right through that double team. They don't need to nerf these moves, just bring their success rate down a little bit. The way it is now, there is no reason to use anyone but a DT as your user controlled player.
- Crowd: It's nice seeing the crowd actually be alive. Now they just need more variations of crowd characters. Wide angle shots expose a lot of synchronous movement.

Cons:
- Commentary: Running into a lot of bugs and a lot of repetitiveness.
- Cut scenes: Same as commentary in regards to repetitiveness. I am so sick of seeing my players get water during a timeout.

JBHuskers
11-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Fully agree on True Step. I'm not owning the CPU on Ultimate Team with Devin Hester for punt and kick returns on the PS4 like I was on the PS3.

steelerfan
11-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Here We Go, Steelers!

I'd LOVE to see some of your stats, HANDS. :nod:

JBHuskers
11-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Here We Go, Steelers!

I started a PS4 solo dynasty with the Steelers as an owner. Was kinda cool to see the headlines to start the franchise, SHOCKING NEWS - The Rooney's sell the Steelers.

Deuce
11-25-2013, 10:00 AM
I agree Hands...this is the best Madden I've ever played. I'm halfway thru my second season with Jacksonville and still loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

HANDSWARD
11-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Here We Go, Steelers!

I think Big Ben threw for ~4200 yards in year 1 with 26ish TDs and 14ish INTs. Bell ran for a little over 1000 yards and only averaged ~3.5 per carry. I did have the #1 defense in yards and points against (just barely in both categories, I didn't lap the field in these areas). #1 in pass and middle of the pack against the run. I drafted a 82 OVR Nose Tackle with my first pick and he has helped my run D a lot in year 2. But Ryan Clark retired and I have already been burnt deep on his side a few times in the first 3 games. Gonna need to find a new safety duo in next year's draft cause Troy won't be around much longer either.

JBHuskers
11-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Might need to dump Big Ben and his salary :nod:

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

HANDSWARD
11-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Might need to dump Big Ben and his salary :nod:

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

He's in the last year of his contract. I put him on the trade block but none of the offers have been good. I don't want to let him walk away for free. I may just franchise tag him for next season. We will see what he is asking for when negotiations start.

jaymo76
11-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Fully agree on True Step. I'm not owning the CPU on Ultimate Team with Devin Hester for punt and kick returns on the PS4 like I was on the PS3.

It does take to time adjust to how running works. Stopping your momentum is a real killer.

jaymo76
11-26-2013, 12:49 AM
He's in the last year of his contract. I put him on the trade block but none of the offers have been good. I don't want to let him walk away for free. I may just franchise tag him for next season. We will see what he is asking for when negotiations start.

You think you have problems? I played game 1 of the season vs the Jets and won 10-3, no thanks to Mike Glennon. The kid threw 4 ints and zero td's. I pulled him in the third and put in newly signed FA Graham Harrell. Things aren't pretty in TB when Harrell is your best option. I am eying a qb in the draft but he is projected at #9. I have never tanked that bad so I don't know if I can get him. I am also considering a possible trade for Kirk Cousins. We will see what happens.

As to Madden, I agree this is the best GAMEPLAY of the series. As to the best overall, maybe??? I am still probably leaning to 05 for the overall experience as CFM is still pretty dry but we are heading in the right direction. Improve commentary, immersion, and depth and we will be set.

GatorfanStovy
11-26-2013, 05:18 AM
Jaymo sign Tebow. he would win u more games in Madden any how.

Kingpin32
11-26-2013, 11:03 AM
You think you have problems? I played game 1 of the season vs the Jets and won 10-3, no thanks to Mike Glennon. The kid threw 4 ints and zero td's. I pulled him in the third and put in newly signed FA Graham Harrell. Things aren't pretty in TB when Harrell is your best option. I am eying a qb in the draft but he is projected at #9. I have never tanked that bad so I don't know if I can get him. I am also considering a possible trade for Kirk Cousins. We will see what happens.

As to Madden, I agree this is the best GAMEPLAY of the series. As to the best overall, maybe??? I am still probably leaning to 05 for the overall experience as CFM is still pretty dry but we are heading in the right direction. Improve commentary, immersion, and depth and we will be set.

Hey Harrell is a Super Bowl winning quarterback!

JBHuskers
11-26-2013, 11:38 AM
It does take to time adjust to how running works. Stopping your momentum is a real killer.

Yep. I have taken one to the house, but my average kick return is way down from PS3.

Jaymo sign Tebow. he would win u more games in Madden any how.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

GatorfanStovy
11-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Don't hate on Tebow is Madden he would be x10 better then half O the scrubs starting right now on teams with injuried qb backs. I would so sign him in Madden for cheap too. A least in Madden you coukd work on his accuracy. Everything else woukd fall into place.

steelerfan
11-26-2013, 08:24 PM
I think Big Ben threw for ~4200 yards in year 1 with 26ish TDs and 14ish INTs. Bell ran for a little over 1000 yards and only averaged ~3.5 per carry. I did have the #1 defense in yards and points against (just barely in both categories, I didn't lap the field in these areas). #1 in pass and middle of the pack against the run. I drafted a 82 OVR Nose Tackle with my first pick and he has helped my run D a lot in year 2. But Ryan Clark retired and I have already been burnt deep on his side a few times in the first 3 games. Gonna need to find a new safety duo in next year's draft cause Troy won't be around much longer either.

Is Thomas not looking like he'll develop? I ask because you say you'll need 2 safeties.

jaymo76
11-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Just got thumped by the Saints in week 2, 37-17. The Saints had the ball for 30 mins as compared to my 14 mins. Brees was 24-28 for 266 ards and 2 td's (with 1 pic) while Glennon was 11-26 for 150 yards 2td annd 2ints. It's always great to see the cpu play well but I wasn't happy to see NO run the ball 34 times and only pass 28 times. The Saints gameplan just wasn't the Saints gameplan.

Not gonna lie, the more I play this game the more the shine comes off. I was in love with the gameplay during play now but not as much with CFM. I have played a lot of madden over the years, probably more than 95% of the members here and a lot of issues with this game in the past are rearing up again. Now I'm not saying the game is terrible but the rose coloured glasses are off...

1. drops... today I had 8 drops... if a wr is cold in madden he will drop the ball
2. pass rush... frankly I just don't see a difference... unless you full blitz their is no pass rush
3. wind is inverted... again. aka what it shows is in reverse
4. the cpu can easily form a pocket but the hum pocket is barely noticeable
5. pulling guards and fb's regularly run past their blocks resulting in backfield losses
6. full safeties and corners still lead most teams in tackls while lb's are far down the list
7. recievers don't fight or come back to the ball
8. qb's still throw the ball short more often then not on long passes
9. route mirroring is alive and well by db's
10. wrong commentary at the wrong time; dated commentary that no longer fits (eg Josh Freeman needs to step up for TB)
11. the challenge system is still broken or useless... or maybe both???

I still recommend getting the game is you have current gen but don't expect a totally new experience. A lot of your dislikes of CG will be realised quickly with NG.

HANDSWARD
11-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Is Thomas not looking like he'll develop? I ask because you say you'll need 2 safeties.

He got hurt for the season in the preseason of year 1. So he didn't develop at all. I brought Ryan Mundy back to Pittsburgh in the offseason to start at Free Safety for year 2. He isn't really cutting it and I probably just need to put Thomas over there so that he can get better. If he can, then he can take Troy's place and I will only need 1.

HANDSWARD
11-27-2013, 02:08 PM
1. drops... today I had 8 drops... if a wr is cold in madden he will drop the ball
2. pass rush... frankly I just don't see a difference... unless you full blitz their is no pass rush
3. wind is inverted... again. aka what it shows is in reverse
4. the cpu can easily form a pocket but the hum pocket is barely noticeable
5. pulling guards and fb's regularly run past their blocks resulting in backfield losses
6. full safeties and corners still lead most teams in tackls while lb's are far down the list
7. recievers don't fight or come back to the ball
8. qb's still throw the ball short more often then not on long passes
9. route mirroring is alive and well by db's
10. wrong commentary at the wrong time; dated commentary that no longer fits (eg Josh Freeman needs to step up for TB)
11. the challenge system is still broken or useless... or maybe both???

Chiming in on a few of your points here:

1. I don't see many drops. Are they happening when the receiver gets hit as he is trying to make a catch or when he is wide open? Are you trying to run before he has completed the catch?
2. The pass rush isn't that powerful when it is all CPU controlled. But it is very powerful with a user controlled player. Player ratings also play a big part in it.
3. I hate this. It has been my biggest pet peeve with the game for years now.
6. Depends on the plays being defended. If the opponent is running to the outside a lot and throwing then the safeties are going to rack up tackles.
8. Try leading them by pushing up on the analog stick during your throw. Also, the Deep Throw Accuracy effects this a lot. The worse that attribute is the more the QB will under throw deep routes. With Big Ben's 80 DTA in my CFM, I under throw everything even if I try to lead it. In MUT I have Joe Montana and his 95 DTA pretty much hits those routes in stride with a feathering of left stick to help it.
9. Tough to say that this is an issue. I think that what people see as route mirroring is the equivalent of the trail technique used by corners in man to man. It plays out just like it does in real life. If man to man corners have safeties in zone over the top, they cover using the trail technique. If they don't have safety help, they play back and come forward to make a play on the ball during/after it is thrown.
10. The commentary is and has been the worst part of the game for a while now. But if they are giving it less attention and gameplay more attention (which is what I have seen) then I am ok with the sacrifice. I usually turn the audio off anyway when I play games cause I'm either listening to music or on chat with friends.

jaymo76
11-27-2013, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=HANDSWARD;227020]1. I don't see many drops. Are they happening when the receiver gets hit as he is trying to make a catch or when he is wide open? Are you trying to run before he has completed the catch?

** the times you see it most are when your recievers are on cold streaks. Generally speaking I don't user catch (house rule of mine).

8. Try leading them by pushing up on the analog stick during your throw.

*** IMO lead passing is slightly less effective on PS4 then it was on PS3

9. Tough to say that this is an issue. I think that what people see as route mirroring is the equivalent of the trail technique used by corners in man to man. It plays out just like it does in real life. If man to man corners have safeties in zone over the top, they cover using the trail technique. If they don't have safety help, they play back and come forward to make a play on the ball during/after it is thrown.

*** generally I would agree with your assessment. However, especially when you check out instant replay, there are occasion when the DB is running in front of the receiver and actually cutting before the receiver breaks. Now this is not as bad as it was on Madden 11 but you do see it every so often. Things have definitely improved though.

jaymo76
11-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Bizarre game tonight vs the Patriots in my CFM. All the struggles I had in the first two weeks were gone. I thumped the Pats 31-3. I only gave up 85 yards passing and 2 yards rushing. My LE had 7 sacks and 8 tackles... I don't think I have ever has that in madden... ever. Glennon was 24-29 for 226 yards and 2 td's with zero pics. The pats played deep zone the entire game and I just hit everything underneath.

It as weird to see this game play out because all of the challenge and rigour of the previous two weeks was gone. The pats offered up no resistance. Brady was only 15-26 for 62 yards before he got injured. The pats only converted 2 of 11 3rd downs. Next game I am playing the cards so we will see how that goes.

jaymo76
11-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Well it's official... the cpu cannot run the ball on all pro. Last week the Pats rushed for 2 yards and this week I held the Cards to 4 yards on 5 carries. I am going to play around with the sliders I guess and try to give the cpu a bit of advantage.

jaymo76
11-29-2013, 01:13 AM
In addition, I played with the auto-subs today and last night. I have come to the conclusion that they do not work,or if they do it is minimal.

jaymo76
11-30-2013, 01:13 AM
Weird. Next game vs Philly and I give up 133 yards rushing. Philly didn't play at all like Chip Kelly. it was all ball control and long, long drives. Vick only threw 16 times. Long story short... I lost 21-14 to fall to 3-2.

Also, I retract my statement about no new commentary. Every week now there are multiple lines about both teams and how they played last week and how the season is progressing. Yes it's 100% generic (no team names) but it does help with immersion. I like the line about TB's D not having any teams running on them this season.

jaymo76
11-30-2013, 01:16 AM
Strange decision by the Madden team to put the black silhouettes back in. They were going in the right direction with "real" pictures. It just looks stupid with silhouettes for players.

jaymo76
11-30-2013, 01:20 AM
Cool! Nantz just said that based on what he has seen this season TB's D is the best all around D in the league.

jaymo76
11-30-2013, 02:37 AM
I was just destroyed by Atl, 44-20. I threw a ton of pics... again. Ryan threw for 311 yards. The cpu offense, when it wants to can light you up.

jaymo76
12-01-2013, 02:21 AM
I'm trying to stay positive about this game because at times I really love it. I also hope that moving forward the team at Tiburon can make must needed improvements. That being said I have played this game a ton recently VS the CPU and my patience is shot.

The number one issue I have with this game is that wide recievers do not coem back to the ball nor fight for the ball. Yes, sure you can user catch but that's not how I play nor do I ant to play that way. Simply put WR interaction in this game is broken at the most fundamental level. I beleive that the wr's don't fight for balls simply so that the D can stop them. Throw in the frequency of drops and the recieving game is a recipe for distaster. Now man and zone are better although that is somewhat misleading as all that was doen is that the coverage slider is set to 75 as a default on all pro. The way DB's and WR's interact is dysfunctional and it must be a top priority fix moving forward.

steelerfan
12-01-2013, 02:47 AM
I'm trying to stay positive about this game. I have played this game a ton recently VS the CPU and my patience is shot.

Play FIFA.

;)

jaymo76
12-01-2013, 03:24 AM
After losing three straight I played the Seahawks and won 17-3. Seattle was held to 32 yards passing and 53 yards rushing... Seattle was 7-1 but they are now 7-2 and lose top spot in the NFC. We (TB) now move to 4-4 and a tie for 3rd in the NFC South.

Glennon was 11-14 for 90 yards. I ran all day... as Martin had 33 carries for 156 yards and a td. That's the only way we win... no turnovers.

Rudy
12-01-2013, 04:24 AM
The WR play drove me nuts on current gen Madden - specifically sideline awareness. They were so stupid and never getting two feet in bounds. NCAA 14 is a lot better in that regard imo (partially because they only need one foot in bounds).

jaymo76
12-01-2013, 04:24 PM
The WR play drove me nuts on current gen Madden - specifically sideline awareness. They were so stupid and never getting two feet in bounds. NCAA 14 is a lot better in that regard imo (partially because they only need one foot in bounds).

Yup, sadly it's still not entirely fixed. Receivers still too often run out of bounds on out routes. Plus it is rare to see the cpu get both feet in bounds. To go along with this the cpu on runs to the outside still cuts back inside and/or jukes out of bounds... :fp: The game is so close but still so far away.

HANDSWARD
12-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm trying to stay positive about this game because at times I really love it. I also hope that moving forward the team at Tiburon can make must needed improvements. That being said I have played this game a ton recently VS the CPU and my patience is shot.

The number one issue I have with this game is that wide recievers do not coem back to the ball nor fight for the ball. Yes, sure you can user catch but that's not how I play nor do I ant to play that way. Simply put WR interaction in this game is broken at the most fundamental level. I beleive that the wr's don't fight for balls simply so that the D can stop them. Throw in the frequency of drops and the recieving game is a recipe for distaster. Now man and zone are better although that is somewhat misleading as all that was doen is that the coverage slider is set to 75 as a default on all pro. The way DB's and WR's interact is dysfunctional and it must be a top priority fix moving forward.

The CPU isn't gonna do much for your WRs on All-Pro and up. You pretty much have to user catch to fight for the ball. I know for me, user catching on All-Madden is leading to minimal drops and I can alter routes to go to the ball better.

You should try turning up the WR catching up to 75 or more and see if the CPU does better in going to the ball and catching it. You may need to turn your QB accuracy down to counter balance it.

jaymo76
12-02-2013, 11:29 PM
The CPU isn't gonna do much for your WRs on All-Pro and up. You pretty much have to user catch to fight for the ball. I know for me, user catching on All-Madden is leading to minimal drops and I can alter routes to go to the ball better.

You should try turning up the WR catching up to 75 or more and see if the CPU does better in going to the ball and catching it. You may need to turn your QB accuracy down to counter balance it.

Yup I am going to crank wr catching through the roof. I average 6 drops per game. However, versus the Falcons I just finished the first hald and I have already recorded 11 DROPS. Seriously, 11 drops in the first half. The Bucs are bad, but not this bad. With my 11 drops thus far I have now had over 70 drops so far this season (currently playing game 10). I'm not an NFL stats expert but I am pretty sure that number is totally out of whack.

Rudy
12-03-2013, 03:28 AM
Pro Football Focus keeps track of the stats of all drops on catchable passes. In the NFL the drop percentage is right around 10% seeing 11 drops in one half is absurd. The worst WR in the NFL for drops this year has been Davone Bess (his hands have always been over-rated which I can attest to as a Dolphins fan). Using their minimum 25% filter he has been targeted 76 times. Only 52 of those have been catchable passes but he's dropped 12 of them! That's a drop rate of 23.08% and ranks dead last 97th on that list. Larry Fitzgerald has been targeted 93 times so far with 56 being catchable. He's caught 55 with only 1 drop. He's the best with over 50 catchable passes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/signature.php?tab=signature&season=2013&stype=r&pos=wrd&teamid=-1&filter=25

SCClassof93
12-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Play FIFA.

;)

Not a Tiburon product I assume??

jaymo76
12-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Pro Football Focus keeps track of the stats of all drops on catchable passes. In the NFL the drop percentage is right around 10% seeing 11 drops in one half is absurd. The worst WR in the NFL for drops this year has been Davone Bess (his hands have always been over-rated which I can attest to as a Dolphins fan). Using their minimum 25% filter he has been targeted 76 times. Only 52 of those have been catchable passes but he's dropped 12 of them! That's a drop rate of 23.08% and ranks dead last 97th on that list. Larry Fitzgerald has been targeted 93 times so far with 56 being catchable. He's caught 55 with only 1 drop. He's the best with over 50 catchable passes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/signature.php?tab=signature&season=2013&stype=r&pos=wrd&teamid=-1&filter=25

I ended the game with an absurd 17 drops... about 10 of them were from hits on cold streak players. Vincent Jackson led the way with 5 drops (4 from hits). Long story short, I lost 33-3 to the Falcons. Three ints and 17 drops is not a winning formula for success. Part of the fault is mine. I need to make better decisions. The cpu plays zone 90% of the time so I need to do better play-calling. Down the field passes are risky but short and across the middle is gold.

I am going to crank up user catch to 60 or so to see if that fixes the drops.

jaymo76
12-06-2013, 08:17 PM
I am now 100% confident that auto-subs in CFM do not work in any meaningful way. With fatigue at 65 and auto-subs in the high 80's there is no observable difference from default settings. The only way you really see the subs is if you are using hurry up formations and then slow down the pace.

jaymo76
12-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Since I have dropped cpu interceptions to 15 the game is playing a lot better for me. The down side is that coverage is not as tight but all of the silly ints I was seeing earlier are pretty much gone.

jaymo76
12-08-2013, 02:34 AM
Playing the Panthers... first quarter Newton goes down and then in the third quarter Anderson goes down. Clausen comes into the game. Long story short, Clausen played awesome.. Sadly though the cpu did not change up the play-calling for the different qb styles. The Panthers still ran a number of read options etc. yet the backup qb's were just not suited for it, especially Anderson.

jaymo76
12-08-2013, 03:12 AM
Regarding the LE sack glitch from previous games. based on what I have seen it's still in Madden. Looking at my team after 12 games there is a shocking contrast.

LE Morgan 20
LE Gholston 0
RE Lewis 4
RE Means 1
RE Bowers 0

jaymo76
12-08-2013, 03:37 AM
Overall I am really liking injuries at 60. I am getting very realistic results for my team and the cpu controlled teams.

jaymo76
12-09-2013, 10:53 PM
About to play my week 14 game @ home vs a powerhouse SF team. Currently I have a lot of injuries to my D.

PS... I hate how the cpu chooses to kick/receive for you if you don't choose in five seconds... dumb, just dumb.

gschwendt
12-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Anyone have some good next gen sliders? I found some but not sure if last or next gen. I'm getting way too many holding calls on my oline and send pass rush is too fast.

jaymo76
12-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Anyone have some good next gen sliders? I found some but not sure if last or next gen. I'm getting way too many holding calls on my oline and send pass rush is too fast.

Honestly have not changed the penalty sliders at all as on last gen they really messed with gameplay. For sliders I have only been tinkering. A lot of what I have is all pro default.

Only changes I have made

Hum qb acc 45
cpu qb acc 45
hum run block 45
cpu run blck 55
hum wr catch 55
cpu int 20
cpu pass covg 65

For the most part I am enjoying a lot of the default settings.

jaymo76
12-10-2013, 12:08 AM
About to play my week 14 game @ home vs a powerhouse SF team. Currently I have a lot of injuries to my D.

PS... I hate how the cpu chooses to kick/receive for you if you don't choose in five seconds... dumb, just dumb.

Final score SF 24 TB 14

422 total yards 228
198 rushing 52
224 passing 176
22 first downs 13
9-15 3rd down 2-8
31:21 possession 12:39

This game was a total blow out from start to finish.

qb's
Kaepernick 20-30 236 1 td vs Rodgers 15-25 169 yards 1 td

rb's
Lattimore 14-64 & Hunter 14-104 vs Martin 13-52

With the loss I fall to 8 and 6. The Saints are 9-6 in the division lead. If I don't catch them, it's very difficult to get in as currently the two wildcard teams are the 49ers at 10-3 and the Packers at 9-5.

jaymo76
12-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Keeping the playoff hopes alives with a 41-7 beating of the Rams. This was a weird game. For the first time ever in EA football, my team had SEVEN interceptions!!! Bradfors was 14/28 for 242 yards and 7 ints. Why wasn't he pulled???

In addition, I sacked bradford 10 times!!!. With the win i am 9-6 while the rams fall to 4-11.

jaymo76
12-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Well, it looks like the playoffs are not in the cards. The 49ers are 11-3-1 and the packers are 10-5. At 9-6 I would have to destroy the Saints in my last game as they throttled me in game one so the division is out. I don't recall 100% how madden calculates playoff rankings but needless to say in most categories the packers have the edge (although I do lead in points against).

I will put in my best effort but I doubt it for this season. Schiano may also be out as coach, depending on the last game vs the Saints.

steelerfan
12-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Well, it looks like the playoffs are not in the cards. The 49ers are 11-3-1 and the packers are 10-5. At 9-6 I would have to destroy the Saints in my last game as they throttled me in game one so the division is out. I don't recall 100% how madden calculates playoff rankings but needless to say in most categories the packers have the edge (although I do lead in points against).

I will put in my best effort but I doubt it for this season. Schiano may also be out as coach, depending on the last game vs the Saints.

Point differential is like the 23rd tie-breaker in the NFL. It wouldn't come to that. ;)

Against Green Bay, for Tampa:

1) head-to-head
2) conference record
3) record vs common opponents, minimum 4

For the rest....

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

jaymo76
12-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Point differential is like the 23rd tie-breaker in the NFL. It wouldn't come to that. ;)

Against Green Bay, for Tampa:

1) head-to-head
2) conference record
3) record vs common opponents, minimum 4

For the rest....

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Damn! I have only two victories in conference play thus far. The pack have four.

CLW
12-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Slowly but surely making my way to the :plat: gonna prob wait until Christmas to get the MUT ones so I can feast on the casuals.

CLW
12-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I Need the 94 OVR otto graham card to complete a collection and have like 85K in coins to spend. if any of you have it and wanna sell it let me know.

I OU a Beatn
12-11-2013, 08:41 PM
If you're going for the trophy, just play the coin up games and then add the first card to your collection. :easy:

CLW
12-11-2013, 09:34 PM
If you're going for the trophy, just play the coin up games and then add the first card to your collection. :easy:

Yeah JB gave me that tip. Problem now is it says I dont have a long snapper :smh:

I OU a Beatn
12-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah JB gave me that tip. Problem now is it says I dont have a long snapper :smh:

You can sub any of your lineman into long snapper. I usually just use one of my centers. Just go to your depth chart and make a sub and you should be good to go.

CLW
12-11-2013, 09:58 PM
You can sub any of your lineman into long snapper. I usually just use one of my centers. Just go to your depth chart and make a sub and you should be good to go.

Yeah went to the depth chart and it was full subbed in a different o-lineman same issue.

jaymo76
12-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Epic game to end the season, beating the Saints 38-31 to finish up 10-6. However, we didn't make the playoffs. On the bright side I won the Blaine Gabbert award as I have discovered a gem at qb, #7 Jordan Rodgers. He played a great game with 320 yards and 2tds (and 1 int).

Doug martin won the NFC Offensive MVP and my trade for Derrick Morgan paid off as he broke the record for sacks in a season with 26 (4 vs the Saints to get the record).

I also decided to let go of Schiano and the team trainer. Rumour has it that Brian Billick is available and Andy Reid is also on the market. It's time to upgrade.

jaymo76
12-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Not sure why but the draft seems... easier...??? All of my picks were in the 70's, except for my two 7th rounders who were 68 and 54. There was not a lot of diversity in ratings I traded down and my #26 pick was still 78 ovr. My 2nd pick came in at 74 ovr.

Huge issue with the draft continues to be blind picks. WE NEED MORE INFO and/or scouting points!!! Every single pick of mine was a blind pick. I had no details from scouting as all of my players were gone. I hope this area gets a lot of attention for 15 but I suspect this is one and done, as is put in one year and never touched again.

jaymo76
12-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Stupid, just stupid!!! :fp::confused::bang: Why the frustration? Well let me tell you. I had my head coach assigned to me since the two coaches I went after signed elsewhere. Seriously??? I now have a level 1 coach who is pretty much the worst in the league. Why would I not be able to try and hire a coach in the last week? There were a number of better options, eg Rex Ryan, Brian Billick, etc. The worst party is I am now stuck with this guy for the season and he has huge regression issues that will impact my team. I should have just kept Schiano... :fdown:

steelerfan
12-14-2013, 03:55 PM
You fired Schiano after one 10-6 season? Who are you? Al Davis? ;)

jaymo76
12-14-2013, 04:13 PM

:) No, it's just personal.

psusnoop
12-14-2013, 04:16 PM

Laying the lumber down!!! It's Super Bowl or people's heads are going to roll.

steelerfan
12-14-2013, 04:43 PM
:) No, it's just personal.

:)

JBHuskers
12-15-2013, 03:08 AM
Not sure why but the draft seems... easier...??? All of my picks were in the 70's, except for my two 7th rounders who were 68 and 54. There was not a lot of diversity in ratings I traded down and my #26 pick was still 78 ovr. My 2nd pick came in at 74 ovr.

Huge issue with the draft continues to be blind picks. WE NEED MORE INFO and/or scouting points!!! Every single pick of mine was a blind pick. I had no details from scouting as all of my players were gone. I hope this area gets a lot of attention for 15 but I suspect this is one and done, as is put in one year and never touched again.

Are you scouting more than just 1st and 2nd rounders?

Rudy
12-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Nothing is more frustrating than drafting blind. Jaymo, how many scouting points do you get and what is the cost of scouting overall? I know last year I rarely scouted attributes (other than speed for WR and some QB ones) and I was able to scout 30 overall grades in a year. I used that and scouted all the way down to 5th or 6th round grades. I rarely scouted first rounders and then just moved up and down in the draft to grab my targets. By scouting overall grades almost exclusively I was able to get a lot of info and almost never draft blind the first 5 rounds. You can't over scout a position though either. Once you find a guy with a grade you like scout another position and create a plan to get all the scouted guys you want.

I know expected draft position is pretty close to how they come off the board so you have to make sure your targets aren't bunched too close together in that area and/or wheel and deal to draft the guys when you want. Trade some vets for extra 4th and 5th rounders to help youself.

CLW
12-15-2013, 08:29 AM
So I trophy whored out the CCM trophies but I'll prob start a legit franchise around Christmas time. Any of you guys know of any good slider sets to start with? I tried on PS3 but I was running for like 400 yards a game no matter who's set I tried.

jaymo76
12-15-2013, 05:05 PM
I may have found a glitch in the game. After the draft I played my first game and I noticed that THREE of my team captains are my drafted rookies (my CB, my FB, and my WR). Plus they were all wearing pink captain patches ala breast cancer awareness month. I will verify this tonight and see if they are still present in game two.

jaymo76
12-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Are you scouting more than just 1st and 2nd rounders?

Yeah I have tried to scout multiple positions through the first five rounds. However, most of the players I want are gone when it's my pick. I wish Madden had MOCK DRAFT boards like 2k used to have.

jaymo76
12-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Nothing is more frustrating than drafting blind. Jaymo, how many scouting points do you get and what is the cost of scouting overall? I know last year I rarely scouted attributes (other than speed for WR and some QB ones) and I was able to scout 30 overall grades in a year. I used that and scouted all the way down to 5th or 6th round grades. I rarely scouted first rounders and then just moved up and down in the draft to grab my targets. By scouting overall grades almost exclusively I was able to get a lot of info and almost never draft blind the first 5 rounds. You can't over scout a position though either. Once you find a guy with a grade you like scout another position and create a plan to get all the scouted guys you want.

I know expected draft position is pretty close to how they come off the board so you have to make sure your targets aren't bunched too close together in that area and/or wheel and deal to draft the guys when you want. Trade some vets for extra 4th and 5th rounders to help youself.

Draft picks were way off this season. QB's and CB's may have higher ranks but they go quick in round one.

GatorfanStovy
12-16-2013, 10:26 PM
How is the draft doing so far on next gen? Is it any different or done differently? Or is it the same old boring bleh.

jaymo76
12-17-2013, 09:26 PM
How is the draft doing so far on next gen? Is it any different or done differently? Or is it the same old boring bleh.

Outside of gameplay enhancements and minor commentary additions the game is a direct port. The draft is identical except on next gen there is no option to import rosters.

jaymo76
12-19-2013, 12:15 AM
Sad to report that next gen madden 25 still has that stupid glitch where in the pre-season they schedule a division rival... :fp:

skipwondah33
12-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Outside of gameplay enhancements and minor commentary additions the game is a direct port. The draft is identical except on next gen there is no option to import rosters.From everything I've heard from friends in my leagues, the gameplay is different than PS3.

Harder to run the ball..unlike the ease of it on the PS3 version. That and think I was told the super leap trip tackles were toned down.

Those two things alone...with better zone coverage and ball trajectory would be lovely.

Note again I only play other users on All-Madden.

I OU a Beatn
12-19-2013, 12:04 PM
It's much harder to run the ball because you can't cut on the dime anymore, zone coverage is much improved and actually usable now, and man coverage is also much tighter. All around, it's a way, way better game than anything we saw on past gen. It's the best Madden since the PS2 days.

jaymo76
12-19-2013, 06:08 PM
It's much harder to run the ball because you can't cut on the dime anymore, zone coverage is much improved and actually usable now, and man coverage is also much tighter. All around, it's a way, way better game than anything we saw on past gen. It's the best Madden since the PS2 days.

Well to be fair, all they did is move the cpu coverage slider up to 75 on default. But on the bright side the slider works well.

CLW
12-20-2013, 10:00 AM
If any of you guys wanna run some games next week I will be free after noon ish on Monday.

Coachdenz
12-20-2013, 11:26 AM
crazy question I know, but going to toss it out, since I have been gone for along while... can we port out NCAA players over to Madden 25 for the PS4?

Rudy
12-20-2013, 02:07 PM
crazy question I know, but going to toss it out, since I have been gone for along while... can we port out NCAA players over to Madden 25 for the PS4?

Nope. Only on current gen. They tried but it didn't make it in.

HANDSWARD
12-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Well to be fair, all they did is move the cpu coverage slider up to 75 on default. But on the bright side the slider works well.

I think it was the same exact way on ps3. I'm about 90% on that at least.

HANDSWARD
12-21-2013, 10:46 PM
I was playing on straight All-Madden for a while but got used to it and started killing the CPU every game. I have since messed with sliders for about a week now. If anyone is looking for a tough slider set to make the CPU a challenge, here is what I am currently using:

All-Madden as difficulty to start.

Setting: USER/CPU
QB Acc: 5/5
Pass Block: 20/100
WR Catch: 50/100
Run Block: 20/100
Fumbles: 50/50
Pass D React: 25/75
Interceptions: 5/5
Pass Coverage: 35/100
Tackling: 20/100

It plays very sim with this. The QBs are still deadly accurate even with accuracy at 5. I tried going lower and it became ugly quickly. WRs are usually covered but you can still throw to them and make covered catches. I instantly user the WR on all passes which is what makes that work. Running is tough but fair. Defense can be difficult if you get stuck on the field longer than 6 plays. A bit of fatigue has a big impact.

If you try them let me know what you think. They are still a work in progress. I am 3-1 since I have settled on these numbers with all 4 games extremely close and all stats looking very good. Neither me or the CPU has broken the 300 yard mark passing. I do end up with over 100 yards rushing every game but Le'Veon has become a beast in my franchise. So it's all good. I use 12 min quarters with clock run at 13 seconds.

CLW
12-22-2013, 05:35 PM
All I know is I cannot wait to mail this POS back to GameFly after I whore out the NUT trophies. I'm sick of playing a bunch of monkeys who know how to nano and get pressure in a second or less and play BNR coverage with their 99 OVR teams.

I'll whore out the rest of the offline trophies next week and then wait for the kiddies to get on to try to get the NUT trophies before the new year and if not fuck it i'm sick of playing these random fuckers.

I OU a Beatn
12-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Get better, it's not supposed to be easy. How do you know you're playing against 99 overall teams anyway? It doesn't show the overall rating of your opponent. :D

Lost my first game in Madden on next gen. He caught me watching the Steelers game and not paying attention. Threw for 500+ yards and still lost. 5 picks will do that to you. :D

CLW
12-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Get better, it's not supposed to be easy. How do you know you're playing against 99 overall teams anyway? It doesn't show the overall rating of your opponent. :D

Lost my first game in Madden on next gen. He caught me watching the Steelers game and not paying attention. Threw for 500+ yards and still lost. 5 picks will do that to you. :D

it's not about getting better or not. I could spend $200 on NUT and get a team of nothing but HOFers too i suppose but then again I'm not a moron. it's fucking ridiculous just run the no huddle snap the ball before I can even get back to the line of scrimmage much less audible or do anything different on D. then on defense just BNR bring the house when some whacky nano blitz that gets to my QB in less than 2 seconds every play.

bottom line its a fucking waste of time to play this piece of shit excuse for a mode that EA attached trophies too so it would jack up the hours played on it so they could tout it as a success and microtraction the morons who have NOTHING in their retirement accounts but will spend $100+ on a fucking video game trading card team.

I OU a Beatn
12-22-2013, 06:12 PM
it's not about getting better or not. I could spend $200 on NUT and get a team of nothing but HOFers too i suppose but then again I'm not a moron. it's fucking ridiculous just run the no huddle snap the ball before I can even get back to the line of scrimmage much less audible or do anything different on D. then on defense just BNR bring the house when some whacky nano blitz that gets to my QB in less than 2 seconds every play.

bottom line its a fucking waste of time to play this piece of shit excuse for a mode that EA attached trophies too so it would jack up the hours played on it so they could tout it as a success and microtraction the morons who have NOTHING in their retirement accounts but will spend $100+ on a fucking video game trading card team.

I didn't mean get a better team. I meant get better. You barely play online and yet you expect to hop on and immediately beat good players (who probably have stacked teams for the most part anyway). My team is really stacked on PS4 now, but I won the Super Bowl on PS3 with only an 83 or so rated team. I also won the Super Bowl on Xbox One and I only had an 80 team when I did that, and I was going up against people with multiple Legendary players, so they obviously had stacked teams.

You're at an extreme disadvantage because you barely play online and I'm guessing you have zero clue as to how to stop the garbage that a lot of the people run.

How many coins you have?

jaymo76
12-23-2013, 04:09 AM
I think it's time to remove challenges from the game. They don't work at all when you make one. They only work if the cph stops the game. The replays clearly show what happened yet the cpu gets it wrong. Generally speaking it is very annoying.

HANDSWARD
12-23-2013, 09:40 AM
it's fucking ridiculous just run the no huddle snap the ball before I can even get back to the line of scrimmage much less audible or do anything different on D. then on defense just BNR bring the house when some whacky nano blitz that gets to my QB in less than 2 seconds every play.

There is no such thing as a nano. No matter what the blitz is, there is a way to stop it. And as far as the opponent running no huddle against you, that is the dumbest thing they can do. No huddle is just asking for a fumble to happen. Guy runs no huddle on me, I am hit sticking the next guy of his that gets the ball and he is coughing it up.

You're at an extreme disadvantage because you barely play online and I'm guessing you have zero clue as to how to stop the garbage that a lot of the people run.

This is the best explanation for your issues. Playing human opponents is an entirely different game. Everything you run defensively against the CPU, you can pretty much throw it away. You need to figure out what the guy is doing and attack that area of the field. Most people don't know how to do much on offense. They have their couple of plays they rely on. Generally those plays are in the same area of the field. Take passing for example. Most people throw somewhere in the middle of the field. I usually start a game by shading my coverage to the middle (via the pre-play adjustments) until they prove they can throw routes to the outside.

HANDSWARD
12-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Just wanted to point out one more thing regarding MUT.

You are running into teams full of legends because this game has been out for 4 months. You can't just pop into MUT and expect people to still have 85 rated teams at this point. And you don't have to spend a dime to have a 95+ rated team at this point. I have spent $35 and my team is rated 97. And none of the money I spent helped me get the team I have. It just helped me get a jump start to my team at the beginning of the year. The cards that were good when I spent that money have since become mid-rate cards.

Things you can do to improve your team:
- Play challenges. The Road to the Playoffs challenges have a coin pack reward at the end of them. At this point the big coin cards are probably all gone but you can still hit a mid-level reward and bag 50k or so off one of those packs if you get lucky. I hit a 500k reward card the day they released those challenges and that is a big reason I have the team I have.
- Work the auction house. I regularly buy cards that are under-priced in the house and put them right back up for sale. I bought a Jerry Rice for 100k and sold it for 275k. I got a Ray Lewis for 300k and sold it for 600k. Obviously you have to have a solid bank to pull moves like that off, but you can apply the same tactic to cheaper cards. For instance, I just bought a Luke Kuechly RTP card for 12k. It sold last night for 40k. The best time to look for these steals is when there is a pack promotion going. The whales tear into the promos and put all the cards up in the house for cheap. Follow the MUT twitter account to know when promos are live.
- Build chemistry. It goes a long way towards making your team better. I run Man D and Zone D, both at 100. It is extremely important if you only have an 85 or so rated team. It really makes those mid-level players that much better.
- Find gems. Just cause a guy is an 88 doesn't mean he is bad. I can give plenty of examples where I will take a guy that is 5-8 pts worse in OVR because he has the right attributes. I just threw my Chris Carter in the auction house because the Week 15 Mike Wallace I just got is only a 91 OVR but is a beast. He has a 97 speed and torches guys in man to man coverage. Compared to the 97 OVR Carter, he gets open twice as much. I bought that card for 20k. I will end up selling Carter for 120k. I bought Carter for 75k over a month ago.

I OU a Beatn
12-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Eh, I don't think having a stacked team is all that important. Being good at the game is way more important, IMO. When I won the Super Bowl in my first season on Xbox One, I had an 80 overall rated team and I was still beating the pulp out of guys with stacked teams.

Pretty sure when he won it on PS3 he did the old "run clock and just win the number of possessions" game back when it was 3 minute quarters. That worked on last gen, but it's not going to work at all on next gen consoles for 2 reasons.

1. With 4 minute quarters, you can't chew up an entire half.
2. There's defense now, so you can't run any play and get 10 yards with your eyes closed.

Getting receivers with 90+ beat press is an absolute must. If you're going against guys with stacked teams and you don't have 2 or 3 receivers with 90 beat press, you might as well just quit.

HANDSWARD
12-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Oh I agree, you don't have to have a stacked team. Being good at the game is the most important thing.

As far as beat press, depends on who they have. I played a guy the other night that had 2 Deon Sanders and he kept adjusting pre-snap to press coverage. I don't think he realized that Deon sucks at press coverage. I just kept streaking Moss and Rice and throwing right past him. Beat him by 6 or 7 TDs, it was pretty fun. I personally don't think using press is a good thing on next gen. You can beat it pretty easily.

jaymo76
12-23-2013, 09:45 PM
In my 2nd season I just played the Vikings and won 16-14 in a hotly contested match. The starting QB was Tim Tebow. Tebow ran once for three yards and was 18-22 for 196 yards and a td (and 1 pic). Now that's realistic... lol

The commentary for his intro was awful. It was something like "and here comes the young qb who has experienced success recently." It was as generic as you could get. You would think Tebow would get some better commentary just based on his popularity/history?

jaymo76
12-23-2013, 09:48 PM
I hope that EA/Tiburon adjusts the gameplay in a patch soon. I would say that versus the cpu, the cpu D will play base zone 85-95% of the game. In the game I just mentioned I honestly don't recall more than 2-3 times when Minnesota was in a man D.

Rudy
12-24-2013, 05:28 AM
I hope that EA/Tiburon adjusts the gameplay in a patch soon. I would say that versus the cpu, the cpu D will play base zone 85-95% of the game. In the game I just mentioned I honestly don't recall more than 2-3 times when Minnesota was in a man D.

This really annoyed me with M25. Most teams mix it up in real life but are probably in man coverage 90% of the time on 3rd down with multiple WR packages. NCAA 14 is better in this regard imo.

CLW
12-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Going to just have to go with the 6-8 a.m. "strategy". Tried it this morning and ran off 7 straight Ws. Of course, some fucking moron pulls after I get an INT with the score 0-0 and it gives me a L which I thought at the time would cost me the first round bye. Won the 1st playoff game and what do you know the fine morons at EA Sports let that stupid Bye trophy pop.

Of course, it all comes to a crashing end in the Conference Championship game when a decent player with a STACKED team finally wakes up and gives me a beat down.

Team consisted of:

QB: Montanna
RB: Peyton, Emmitt Smith
WR: Jerry Rice; Biletnikoff (I think was what it said); Chris Carter
TE: Gronk

DE: Reggie White
CB: the roided Sanders; Woodsonl etc....

Guy played BNR the entire game and my receivers couldn't get off the line of scrimmage much less get open before Reggie White et al. crashed down on my QB. He ended with 5 sacks and 5 INTs in route to a 24-0 win.

FUCK THIS MODE!

I OU a Beatn
12-24-2013, 12:03 PM
At least the EA gods gave you the gift of the first round bye trophy. :clap:

CLW
12-24-2013, 02:52 PM
At least the EA gods gave you the gift of the first round bye trophy. :clap:

Yeah now I just gotta win the Superbowl. On PS3 the 6-8 a.m. strategy worked well. I think I'll just roll with it starting tomorrow and hopefully I'll whore it out over this Christmas break and I can mail back Madden and be done with it for the year.

SCClassof93
12-27-2013, 11:47 AM
All I know is I cannot wait to mail this POS back to GameFly after I whore out the NUT trophies. I'm sick of playing a bunch of monkeys who know how to nano and get pressure in a second or less and play BNR coverage with their 99 OVR teams.

I'll whore out the rest of the offline trophies next week and then wait for the kiddies to get on to try to get the NUT trophies before the new year and if not fuck it i'm sick of playing these random fuckers.

Going to just have to go with the 6-8 a.m. "strategy". Tried it this morning and ran off 7 straight Ws. Of course, some fucking moron pulls after I get an INT with the score 0-0 and it gives me a L which I thought at the time would cost me the first round bye. Won the 1st playoff game and what do you know the fine morons at EA Sports let that stupid Bye trophy pop.

Of course, it all comes to a crashing end in the Conference Championship game when a decent player with a STACKED team finally wakes up and gives me a beat down.

Team consisted of:

QB: Montanna
RB: Peyton, Emmitt Smith
WR: Jerry Rice; Biletnikoff (I think was what it said); Chris Carter
TE: Gronk

DE: Reggie White
CB: the roided Sanders; Woodsonl etc....

Guy played BNR the entire game and my receivers couldn't get off the line of scrimmage much less get open before Reggie White et al. crashed down on my QB. He ended with 5 sacks and 5 INTs in route to a 24-0 win.

FUCK THIS MODE!

Yeah now I just gotta win the Superbowl. On PS3 the 6-8 a.m. strategy worked well. I think I'll just roll with it starting tomorrow and hopefully I'll whore it out over this Christmas break and I can mail back Madden and be done with it for the year.

Attention!!! Either Mors or Smooth has hacked clw's account. Carry on.

SmoothPancakes
12-27-2013, 12:14 PM

:D Nah, we're just simply starting to rub off on him and turn him to the dark side. http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/darth_vader_zps114bd2bd.gif

CLW
12-27-2013, 12:25 PM

:D Nah, we're just simply starting to rub off on him and turn him to the dark side. http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/darth_vader_zps114bd2bd.gif

Nah I just HATE playing random people online PERIOD.

However, I actually spent some time with the mold looking for "bargains" in the auction space and seriously upgraded by team in several key areas (most notably secondary and Dline). I can now give it back to those guys that do nothing but play BNR and blitz with my defense.

LMAO one game I literally called 3 plays on D depending on the formation. Guys have a TON of problems if they are in a 2 WR set with 5-2 pinch for some reason?

I simply move the dline spread out and crash it to the strong side of the formation. If they run to the strong side they get crushed, weak side they get crushed. Then they try play action and their QB goes down hard and their receivers cannot get open.

I went 8-2 this season so I have a first round playoff bye. I'm done for the day and going to try to run off 3 straight Ws tomorrow morning early. Hopefully, I'll get the superbowl trophy then its just play an online random game and put up 35 points and a few random trophies left for the :plat:

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 12:34 PM
With randoms, I don't mind playing them on Ultimate Team as much now a days because I can usually stop their shit with M25.

CLW
12-27-2013, 12:38 PM
With randoms, I don't mind playing them on Ultimate Team as much now a days because I can usually stop their shit with M25.

Honestly, I'd prob LOVE MUT - IF - you could play tournaments, seasons or whatever with a group of guys you know.

CLW
12-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Well played a few "East Room" games to get those trophies out of the way. It would have taken one but the guy pulled on me when I was up 28-7 with the ball in the 4th so I had to play another. :smh:

Neither guy could stop the read option. I literally could have ran it or a slip screen every play. Wooo the joys of online gaming against randoms. :nod:

That leaves me with the MUT super bowl and 75+ points for the :plat:

I OU a Beatn
12-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Probably because those are the 2 cheapest plays in the game this year. :D

Slip screens are unstoppable unless you manually cover it yourself, which is what I've always done anyway. Read options are an absolute joke, too. I refuse to run them. I had Steve Young but I ended up getting rid of him for my slow ass Kurt Warner. Steve Young is the ultimate online Madden QB.

I finished off all the achievements for the Xbox One version, so that's finally done.

CLW
12-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Probably because those are the 2 cheapest plays in the game this year. :D

Slip screens are unstoppable unless you manually cover it yourself, which is what I've always done anyway. Read options are an absolute joke, too. I refuse to run them. I had Steve Young but I ended up getting rid of him for my slow ass Kurt Warner. Steve Young is the ultimate online Madden QB.

I finished off all the achievements for the Xbox One version, so that's finally done.

Yeah I haven't upgraded from the 80 OVR RG III yet. I looked to upgrade QBs but there were not anything resembling a deal at the QB position.

I spent quite a bit of time upgrading my team today.

LT - 83
LG - 90
C - 83
RG - 82
RT - 85

QB - 80
FB - 88
HB - 90

WR - 93
WR - 88
WR - 88

TE - 93

bold = long pass chemistry

LE - 90
DT - 87
DT - 81
RE - 86

LOLB - 80
MLB - 85
MLB - 80
ROLB - 86

CB - 92
CB - 87
CB - 83
FS - 88
SS - 84

bold = run stuff chemistry

i didn't realize until this morning that the chemistry actually does appear to make some difference in the player's performance - or maybe i'm just crazy.

in any event once i noticed that i started burning coins looking for deals. missed out on some crazy good o-line deals b/c it kept saying couldn't register my bid (i guess b/c other people were bidding at the same time as me). Someone got like a 89 LT for like 800 coins. :smh:

EDIT: the cheapest play that gives me fits is out of Ace Bunch. Guys will call that toss play out of it hurry up to the line and snap it before I can make any adjustments. Then if/when I try to commit to that side they run that WR reverse out of it. Of course my playbook has that too so I just give it right back to them.

I OU a Beatn
12-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Definitely work on the defense first. Having a fast front 7 is essential to slowing down the guys who run around with the QB. My slowest DE is 86 speed and the slowest LB on my team is 87. Absolutely no one gets outside on me which is exactly what I had in mind when I was buying up cards. You can still win games with a sub par offense and good decision making when you've got a shut down D.

Chemistry does make a difference. I roll with Short Pass and Pass Rush. The Short Pass helps your receivers get off press coverage and really shreds corners if you've got a guy with a high route running rating. Pass rush helps with block shedding.

CLW
12-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Definitely work on the defense first. Having a fast front 7 is essential to slowing down the guys who run around with the QB. My slowest DE is 86 speed and the slowest LB on my team is 87. Absolutely no one gets outside on me which is exactly what I had in mind when I was buying up cards. You can still win games with a sub par offense and good decision making when you've got a shut down D.

Chemistry does make a difference. I roll with Short Pass and Pass Rush. The Short Pass helps your receivers get off press coverage and really shreds corners if you've got a guy with a high route running rating. Pass rush helps with block shedding.

Yeah I picked up peppers and a decent from st Louis both w mid 80s speed at decent my lbs are also all low to mid 80s spud now

CLW
12-28-2013, 01:17 PM
FINALLY...... :plat:

SCClassof93
12-28-2013, 04:05 PM
FINALLY...... :plat:

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/3173/168584-slow_clap.jpg

CLW
12-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Messed around with MUT some more and good lord these teams at the level I am at now either have Steve Young, Vick and/or Walter Peyton? at QB. Who knew Walter Peyton could throw 80 yard bombs on a dime. :smh:

Fire sale tomorrow if anyone needs/wants some players I'm mailing Madden back to GameFly Monday.

I don't have any of the "silly" cards but all of my players are 80+ now and a few low 90s as well.

CLW
12-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Last call on any/all MUT cards of mine.

Played some more today and the level I am at now literally everyone is nothing but 95+ OVR at EVERY position. If I never see Steve Young and Walter Peyton again in Madden it will be a good thing. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell does that many players end up with all of these 99 OVR legends? Are these cards attainable by playing against the CPU? If not, did they just spend $100 bucks on it or what?

The funny thing is most of these guys are crappy players and I am actually able to keep it to a 1-2 score loss most games despite the fact I only have 4 90+ guys on the entire team.

For any of you guys that play this a ton I prob don't have anything you would actually use. However, you can trade me for anything and then quickly resell them for a nice profit on the market to buy you something actually worth having.

jaymo76
12-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Slwoly but surely getting over the flu AND moving through season two of my Buc's "chise. The learning curve for this game (vs the cpu only) is about half a season. I am now 5-0 with the #1 D and #6 O. the truth of the matter is that my team is now one of the best in the league. ANOTHER aspect of the game that has NOT been fixed from ps3... the CPU does not properly progress other teams/players as they do NOT get points for practise. Depending on how far I go with dynasty, ths can be a real killer. Players don't practise and hence they do not really progress in a major way (outside of personal goals) and backups on cpu teams get zero xp to improve.

jaymo76
12-30-2013, 03:48 AM
Why is it that every game Sims talks about how my qb stunk last week and we lost??? Strange comments considering I am now 6-0... :fp: The little things are starting to add up.

-every rookie gets a captain patch
-the Bucs captain patches on the rookies are all pink
-cpu zone D 90+% of the game
-player black picture shadows
-auto-subs that don't save game-to-game

I will repeat what I have said all along, this is a fun game but it has a long way to go. I think Pasta had it right on his podcast "madden 25 is an upgrade but it's not a next gen upgrade." I will finish off this season and then switch back to 2k14 and ncaa 14 (ps3) for a bit of a change and to refresh the batteries before moving on to year three.

CLW
12-30-2013, 05:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcxHh5zCMAAiL1w.png:large

Well someone either: (A) has no life; (B) knows an exploit to get a massive amount of free coins; (C) got the coins from EA; (D) some combination thereof.

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 05:45 PM
The team I could have with 1/10,000 of those.

CLW
12-30-2013, 05:47 PM
The team I could have with 1/10,000 of those.

lol yeah i might have actually kept the game if i could have accumulated a team of nothing but 97+ OVRs like the guys I was forced to play once I got to whatever level I was on in my last season.

With those coins you could prob build 99 OVR teams for each and every specialty.

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 06:01 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/33dwd2p.jpg

:o

FOR SHAME!

CLW
12-30-2013, 06:19 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/33dwd2p.jpg

:o

FOR SHAME!

LOL how did you think I got all of those ridiculous career mode trophies?

I OU a Beatn
12-30-2013, 06:22 PM
The same way I'm probably going to get them. :D

Canes Fan
12-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Busted..

CLW
12-30-2013, 06:31 PM
The same way I'm probably going to get them. :D

Honestly I probably could/would have played career mode but playing the randoms online in MUT made me just want to whore the game out for the trophies and mail it back to GameFly. The game is now back in route to where it came from (Austin, TX) and either Lego or Need for Speed is coming my way which I will play until Tomb Raider comes out.

CLW
12-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Busted..

Busted implies I tried to conceal something. Its no secret here I'm a trophy whore and if there is an EASY way to get a :plat: like there is in Madden 25 I'm more than likely going to take it (unless the game is great). Unfortunately for EA Madden 25 isn't anywhere close to great.

CLW
12-30-2013, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVKcH5Rx0uQ&feature=youtu.be

SCClassof93
12-31-2013, 09:45 AM
So that I am clear on definitions...........a trophy whore is someone that just wants to acquire trophies??? Not actually earn them??

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 10:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVKcH5Rx0uQ&feature=youtu.be

:D epic!

steelerfan
12-31-2013, 10:14 AM
So that I am clear on definitions...........a trophy whore is someone that just wants to acquire trophies??? Not actually earn them??

Yeah.

Play 2 minute quarters, sim a hundred seasons, all that *** shit.

For the "glory" of a virtual trophy. :rolleyes: :D

SCClassof93
12-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah.

Play 2 minute quarters, sim a hundred seasons, all that *** shit.

For the "glory" of a virtual trophy. :rolleyes: :D

:sick:

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 10:47 AM
So I'm only a partial whore, because I am usually too lazy to do all the stuff needed on the football games for the :plat:

I'm more of a whore by quantity of games played, and acquiring through normal play.

SCClassof93
12-31-2013, 10:55 AM
So I'm only a partial whore, because I am usually too lazy to do all the stuff needed on the football games for the :plat:

I'm more of a whore by quantity of games played, and acquiring through normal play.

Translation: attention deficit disorder :nod:

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Translation: attention deficit disorder :nod:

Oh yeah. Major ADD on gaming. You should see how many PS3 games I still need to open :D

The PS4 will cure it somewhat because you have to install the whole game onto the hard drive. I've used almost half of my TB HDD already on the PS4.

HANDSWARD
12-31-2013, 12:31 PM
What's a trophy? :dunno:

HANDSWARD
12-31-2013, 02:43 PM
After coming up short 6 seasons in a row, I have finally earned the promotion to the All-Madden 1st Tier in MUT. I won the Super Bowl to finish the season on top of it. I have only been playing late night the past month and you run into some stiff competition then. Playing during the daytime today I am destroying guys. Everyone quit in the first half except the guy I played in the Super Bowl. The MD+ZD chemistry combo is giving the pass happy guys fits, as I am intercepting the ball on almost every defensive possession. MUT rewarded me for my win, as I pulled my first ever Elite out of a reward pack and it was the RttP Yanda. RG was the only O-line position that I had a guy below 96. I have been saving to get Larry Allen but I may just throw that money at a RttP Polamalu with MD+ZD as soon as I see one on the block.

jaymo76
01-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Another issue from the ps3 that didn't get fixed... primetime games. Even though I missed the playoffs in year one I still went 10-6. This season (season two) I have 8 PRIMETIME games (one mon and on thurs and six sun. night). Not bad for a small market team in an average division with no relevance for primetime viewing... :confused:

jaymo76
01-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Played this game for the first time in a few weeks (been too busy with Live 14, work and family...) and I blew out carolina 42-21 to move to 12-0 on the season. Injuries continue to devestate my team so I picked up FA Frank Gore. Why oh why is Gore a FA anyways??? Some of the cpu logic is just borked... still!

Anyways next up is Atl.

jaymo76
01-25-2014, 06:12 PM
yup Gore should have been cut... 36 carries 162 yards 2 td's 4 catches 31 yards... sound cpu logic! :fp:

cdj
02-06-2014, 07:40 AM
A new game update available today on PS4, coming in at 130 MB.

bdoughty
02-06-2014, 08:17 AM

So 3GB when it hits the Xbox One. ;)

JBHuskers
02-06-2014, 09:05 AM
So 3GB when it hits the Xbox One. ;)

So they flip flopped this generation and the XB1 patches are ridiculous huh?

bdoughty
02-06-2014, 09:50 AM
So they flip flopped this generation and the XB1 patches are ridiculous huh?

Dead Rising 3 had a 5GB and then a 13 GB patch. The catch is that a large part of it is rewriting over the existing install so the file size does not necessarily go up that much but it is still a PITA to deal with them. It is quite the difference from the small patches from the Xbox 360 and not one I care for.

gschwendt
02-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Details of the update (http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/xbox-one-ps4-patch):
GENERAL UPDATES
- Improved stability in all game modes
- Various stability improvements for CoachGlass and SmartGlass

GAMEPLAY
- Fixed an issue where special moves on kick returners were over-effective
- Tuned precision stiff arm behavior
- Fixed an issue with heat seeker not working properly
- Tuned knockout chances to improve catch rates in tight coverage

MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
- Fixed an issue where the MUT friends list displayed incorrectly

PRESENTATION
- Fixed a bug where Roger Goodell's suit was displayed incorrectly during the Vince Lombardi trophy presentation
- Fixed an issue where vignettes displayed a black screen when loading into a Head-to-Head game, OTP, and MUT Head-to-Head game.

jaymo76
02-06-2014, 10:00 PM
So still no fix for all of your rookies having captain patches in season two of franchise???

jaymo76
02-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Finally! After all of the years on Madden I have my first ever perfect season... 16-0 with the Bucs. My coach Ron Place won coach of the year in his first season. We are now also the most popular team in the league with 100% national popularity but strangely only 99% in TB. We are also the 7th highest value at 51.6 million funds in the bank. We also have 13 players going to the Pro Bowl. Carl Nicks won best OL award while Jonathan Banks won the best DB award. We had the number one defense and the number eight offense this season.

Derrick Morgan's career season was followed up with an average 10 sacks this year. Gerald McCoy led the team with 16 sacks. Banks had 9 ints while Revis was right behind with 8. Connor Barth was 26/28 for field goals. Glennon and Rodgers continue to battle for the #1 qb spot

Glennon 1561 yards 20 td 5 int
Rodgers 1653 yards 10 td's 10 ints

The rumour mill is stating that jimmy Johnson is coming out of retirement... we will see where that goes.

Manning player of the year.
Welker breaks a record with 145 receptions and 1832 yards recieving
Adrian Peterson had 2095 rushing

Okay off to the playoffs.

jaymo76
02-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Game one for us looks to be a challenging match vs. the 49ers. The 49ers pummelled the Eagles in the first round. The Seahawks host the Packers in the other NFC matchup. I hope to get this game in later today.

jaymo76
02-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Starting the playoff game. There is ZERO difference from the regular season... :smh: The only thing I saw different was a final standings chart for both me and SF. There was one commentary reference that the stadiums were louder in the playoffs. It's really sad to see how little EA/Tiburon has done to enhance the playoff atmosphere for Madden.

Come on Ea, you're the only game in town. Every year the community requests enhanced presentation and atmosphere, especially in the playoffs. With the power of the ps4 I am expecting AMAZING improvements for the next release!

jaymo76
02-09-2014, 01:18 AM
Well at the half I was down to the 49ers 28-7. I threw two pics and have FIVE fumbles!!!!! The 9ers picked me off for a pic six to go up 35-7. The cpu was intent to win. I have seen this before and was not going to fight cpu fate. I had only had four fumbles all season and I knew that I was not meant to win this game. So I basically threw in the towel and began to think about next season and the draft as I was frustrated beyond belief. I hate it when the cpu decides to win so I decided to sim. I super simmed to the end... and won the game??? What??? seriously????

Apparently I scored several td's in the fourth quarter to steal the win. Clearly there is no way I should have won. That super sim logic is truly borked.

Long story short... I have a date with Seattle. I fully expect to win this game big-time. The usual pattern after the cpu decides to win is they give you a cake walk next game.

jaymo76
02-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Bucs 24- Seahawks 10. Pretty much how I thought it would go. The commentary for winning the NFC was generic (eg "this team"). I will be facing Denver who clobbered Jacksonville 38-0.

Around the league I see that Baltimore fired John Harbaugh and he has been hired by the Redskins. Good luck with that John. The big head coach dismissals this year include:

John Harbaugh (bal)
Mike Smith (atl)
Ron Rivera (car)
Mike Shanahan (was)
Mike Munchak (ten)

jaymo76
02-09-2014, 03:13 AM
The SB starts with the annoying prime-time vignettes. However, the presentation at the opening of the game is really good. I love seeing the return of the players running out of the tunnel. This should be back for every game. I was also at a loss for why the entire crowd in the stadium is red. I guess the home team glitch is still in maddden?

At the half this game shows what madden still doesn't get: Manning has not ran one audible all game and only thrown the ball 8 times for 76 yards while Toby Gerhardt has carried the ball 13 times already...???...

jaymo76
02-09-2014, 04:23 AM
The perfect season... the Bucs beat manning and the Broncos 26-14 in Arizona.

Interesting notes:

Gore retires with a SB
Tony Romo retires
Ray Lewis makes a comeback bid

Manning and Brady announce their retirement the following week.

Rudy
02-09-2014, 04:37 AM
With a new patch for Madden on next gen (this is very late for Madden patches imo) I wonder how much work they will be able to get done in such a short development cycle? Especially with having to work on next gen and current gen. I was disappointed with M25 on my PS3 and I think it's because they did not or could not give that game it's full attention. I don't know if we should be expecting significant changes for M15. I hope I'm wrong. I'm also starting to believe Josh Looman is a problem with CCM. He's the lead guy there but I don't know if he's the right guy to fix all the goofiness that comes up. I think they may need a new voice in that area.

jaymo76
02-09-2014, 03:52 PM
With a new patch for Madden on next gen (this is very late for Madden patches imo) I wonder how much work they will be able to get done in such a short development cycle? Especially with having to work on next gen and current gen. I was disappointed with M25 on my PS3 and I think it's because they did not or could not give that game it's full attention. I don't know if we should be expecting significant changes for M15. I hope I'm wrong. I'm also starting to believe Josh Looman is a problem with CCM. He's the lead guy there but I don't know if he's the right guy to fix all the goofiness that comes up. I think they may need a new voice in that area.

Very true Rudy. I don't know what to expect with the next release but they can no longer hide behind the lack of space issue. I have often wondered with Madden if TALENT is the biggest issue holding them back or if what they do is purposeful design. Having no half-time shows or weekly wrap up shows, sliders that don't work, legacy issues for an entire generation that ARE NEVER FIXED, ETC. Is it a lack of talent or is a purposeful choice?

jaymo76
02-09-2014, 04:23 PM
After two full seasons on the PS4 (and another two on the PS3) my opinion on this game really hasn't changed much. The game isn't terrible but it's also not amazing. At best it is a slightly better version of the PS3 game.

1. Horrendous commentary and boring presentation
* totally generic
* no real connection to the rest of the league
* no reference to the actual game being played and who is doing well
* wrong commentary at the wrong time ("they lost last week." No, we actually won!)
* zero pre-season & post season dynamic commentary
* frequently incorrect twitter feeds (eg "Bucs win a close one" yet the score was 59-3)
* REPETITION (come on Phil tell me how awful my qb is playing... even though he is on fire
*** this game desperately needs dynamic commentary that discusses the game as well as what is happening in the division, conference and league

2. Stat overlays/immersion/introductions, et. al.
* drives, league standings, injuries, etc. This needs HUGE focus IMO
* no difference in crowds for rivalries, pre-season, playoffs, etc.
* sidelines are NOT really living worlds... far from it actually
* no ability to change the cpu uniform without a second controller
* no ability to open a retracible roof (the default is always closed
* no ability to play or observe the pro bowl
* NO ABILITY TO PLAY OR OBSERVE ANY GAME ON THE SCHEDULE!!!
* yes it's cosmetic but bring back the cheerleaders and the team intro's
*** the new game introductions are garbage and so repetitive

3. Broken Injury system
* a player injured in a game shows a different length of injury in game versus outside of the game (4 weeks versus 9 weeks)
* stop telling me a player will be out for the game only to be back two plays later
* show me who is getting injured for CPU controlled teams and give me a prognosis for their return!!!

4. Broken fatigue system
* fatigue does not work properly... no further discussion. The sliders do NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. This has been tested 100's of times and verified as fact

5. Game mechanics
* no formation subs that stick from game to game...??????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????
* no changing of special teams formations/players on the field
* no practice roster. IMO THIS IS A HUGE OMISSION
* no ability to edit team captains
*** ROOKIE GLITCH OF ALL ROOKIES WEARING THE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS PINK CAPTAIN PATCH

6. Sliders and Penalties
* many sliders do no really work / some are believed to be backwards
* penalty sliders actually impact gameplay mechanics (EG pass interference impacts amount of interceptions)
* on default PENALTIES ARE NON-EXISTENT

7. Gameplay
* LE defensive pressure glitch still exists (most sacks are on the left very few on the right)
* receivers will NOT fight for the ball or come back to the ball (unless you user catch)
**** I consider this the biggest gameplay glitch that must be fixed immediately!!!
* line interaction still needs a lot of work (but it's getting better)
* route mirroring is still very common
**** cpu db's should not be running in front of wr's on slant patters
* player warping still impacts a wonky physics engine (although it has improved over the years)

While the CFM experience has improved with owner mode, the biggest problem continues to be the complete feeling of isolation and lack of attachment to the rest of the league. What is happening around me? The mode desperately needs an ESPN wrap-up show. Honestly I don't care if you bring back the EXTRA POINT, but you need to bring back something. What about a score ticker during games? Please, please, please implement NCAA 14's in game updates. That would be awesome!!! I would also like to see more selection cities for relocation (eg another 5-10 cities would be ideal) as well as the ability to choose colour schemes and logos.

There are more issues but this is a good starting point. I am still playing the game and I still enjoy it but there is a lot of work to do moving forward.

bdoughty
02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Good stuff Jaymo, hard to add anything that has not been mentioned above. The one thing I wish they would steal from the NCAA series is the ability to lock into a defensive player and flip the camera.

jaymo76
02-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Good stuff Jaymo, hard to add anything that has not been mentioned above. The one thing I wish they would steal from the NCAA series is the ability to lock into a defensive player and flip the camera.

Yeah forgot that one and I agree totally. I really like the player lock feature and it would b a nice addition to Madden.

Coachdenz
02-10-2014, 10:20 AM
When I start a connected franchise and play my 1st game and save the game log out and close the app turn off the ps4 it will not save my franchise? I have done this 3 times and it will never show my league files. But when setting up a new franchise the files are there.

Any ideas?

jaymo76
03-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Started season three and again all of the rookies have the pink breast cancer awareness captain patches. I now have over 10 players with pink captain patches...:fp:

Marlowe
03-08-2014, 12:55 PM
hey at least they're aware! :D

Marlowe
03-08-2014, 02:16 PM
When I start a connected franchise and play my 1st game and save the game log out and close the app turn off the ps4 it will not save my franchise? I have done this 3 times and it will never show my league files. But when setting up a new franchise the files are there.

Any ideas?

I usually just resume (not continue) and choose the franchise to load. Have you tried creating a save point (touch pad)?

GatorfanStovy
03-08-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm finally picking up the xbox one herei n 3 weeks. In madden 25 worth picking for the x1 or just wait for August? I already have it for the 360. Was just curiour if it dos play better or just skip it for know.

jaymo76
03-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm finally picking up the xbox one herei n 3 weeks. In madden 25 worth picking for the x1 or just wait for August? I already have it for the 360. Was just curiour if it dos play better or just skip it for know.

Honestly if you have 25 on last gen I would not upgrade. August is just around the corner. At the end of the day, madden is still madden and what you see is what you get. Save your $$$ and upgrade in August. That's just my .02c though.

GatorfanStovy
03-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Honestly if you have 25 on last gen I would not upgrade. August is just around the corner. At the end of the day, madden is still madden and what you see is what you get. Save your $$$ and upgrade in August. That's just my .02c though.

That is what I figure I would do only because I have it already. Yep August is long around the corner once this damn snow melts I'll be busy fishing until August. So time will go buy fast and specially getting a new place also. I was just cuious if the upgrade this year was worth it or not. Hopefully 15 is a big improvement!

Rudy
03-08-2014, 07:56 PM
I hope M15 is good on the PS3. Otherwise I may roll with NCAA 14 again. M25 was disappointing. From downgraded lighting and graphics to terrible sideline awareness to poor CPU playcalling and AI. I expect much better this year. So many resources went into owner mode and next gen last year - two things I didn't care about personally.

Coachdenz
03-08-2014, 10:03 PM
I usually just resume (not continue) and choose the franchise to load. Have you tried creating a save point (touch pad)?yes on the save point.

jaymo76
04-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Another glitch of sorts to report. After winning the SB last year and becoming a great team the cpu continually schedules you on Thursdays and Sunday Nights. In the first four games I have played one Sunday night and two back-to-back Thursday night games. I have another Thursday game and another five Sunday night games left on my schedule. That makes 9 of my 16 games night games. Crazy. This really needs to be tuned for Madden 15.

JBHuskers
04-21-2014, 08:50 AM
You're popular. You need to be on TV :D

Rudy
04-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Well that's one glitch I could live with.

jaymo76
04-21-2014, 09:24 PM
You're popular. You need to be on TV :D

Well that's one glitch I could live with.

It's having to watch that terrible prime time intro every single time... "these are the Bucs. Intimidation is their game..." They really need to make prime time more than a generic intro.

GatorfanStovy
04-27-2014, 09:49 PM
going live on twitch for some mut games...

jaymo76
05-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Since sacking my coach after the first season and bringing in generic nobody Ron Place, the Bucs have gone 29-1 in the last 30 games, including a SB victory over the Broncos. Currently we are on an 8 game winning streak. I shake my head though as according to the stats I have the 20th worst coaching staff in the league... :fp: :confused: :bang: Apparently going 19-0 last season and sitting at 10-1 currently (plus going 8-0 in the exhibition season) means you are a subpar coach...

Regardless, with no NCAA perhaps ever again I have really been liking my team and have big plans to keep this dynasty going strong well into late August. If Madden 15 isn't amazing I will keep rolling with 25. Once you get over some of the game flaws it's a pretty decent game on ps4.

GatorfanStovy
05-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Since I don't have M25 next I'll be jumping to M15 still for next gen. I really love the graphics and gameplay feel to next gen. Also with having the draft on rosters its going to be a great season in M15. If August was futher away I'd just buy 25 now. But it is so close.

jaymo76
05-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Sometimes this game just darn right ticks me off. I HATE the clearly built in cheat code when the cpu decides for no rhyme or reason that you will lose. I find it's most prevalent when you win the conference and then play your first game in the playoffs. I lost 19-14 to the Skins. It would be fine expcept...

1. I threw SIX int's (I average 1 per game)
2. My D leads the league in sacks and int's (I had one sack all game... average 5 per game)
3. My fg kicker leads the league in kicking 22 of 24 attempts... this game he went 0-2)
4. Washington had 8 starters injured, including three offensive linemen yet their backup qb was 23/27 for 246 yards and 1 td. Don't consider I am the #1 D with home field advantage.

I had three possessions in the last three minutes... My qb fumbles, followed by an int and followed by a 2nd fumble on a screen play. Beat me and I will be happy but don't give me this pre-programmed arbitrary higher difficulty crap. That just feels cheap. Passes you make all season you cannot make because of unrealistic player movements in pre-determined games... frustrating to say the least.

Anyways, rant over... to the offseason we go.