PDA

View Full Version : MLB 14: The Show (PS3/PS4)

Pages : [1] 2

bdoughty
10-29-2013, 06:58 PM
One of those games that might get me to purchase a PS4 in the Spring.

http://i.imgur.com/Cq5s0Bi.jpg

CLW
10-29-2013, 07:23 PM
The best Sim sports game on the planet and its not even close.

cdj
10-29-2013, 07:36 PM
They have a community event in a few weeks. YouTuber "BobTrain" has tweeted he will be one of the attendees.

bdoughty
10-29-2013, 07:41 PM
The best Sim sports game on the planet and its not even close.

Agreed!!!

GatorfanStovy
10-29-2013, 11:09 PM
I bet the graphics will be the same as ps3 compared to ps4 .. It will be minor tweaks not much else will go into the game. Love the game tho. I've hardly touched 13 the show. I usually get this yearly. I wish Madden could be this good.

bdoughty
10-29-2013, 11:46 PM
I bet the graphics will be the same as ps3 compared to ps4

How much money do you have to make this bet? :hmm:

Stan HAMsen
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
There is a good chance I will pick this up for the first time. The last baseball game I had was the last NCAA Baseball on PS2, haha.

GatorfanStovy
10-30-2013, 11:07 AM
How much money do you have to make this bet? :hmm:

So what you really think MLB 14 will have big improvments graphics come ps4? When Madden 25 didn't show crap at all. Some little itty bitty stuff sure but not large improvements. So you show me where they or how they are gonna improve graphics over last year games right away ? All of the major sports titles right now basically look the same as ps3/360.

I OU a Beatn
10-30-2013, 11:19 AM
So what you really think MLB 14 will have big improvments graphics come ps4? When Madden 25 didn't show crap at all. Some little itty bitty stuff sure but not large improvements. So you show me where they or how they are gonna improve graphics over last year games right away ? All of the major sports titles right now basically look the same as ps3/360.

Sony's first party studios >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EA Sports.

JBHuskers
10-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Sony's first party studios >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EA Sports.

Except for NBA games at PS3 launch :D those were turrible.

CLW
10-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Except for NBA games at PS3 launch :D those were turrible.

Well in fairness it did sell more copies than NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 COMBINED on PS3/360. :nod:

gschwendt
11-04-2013, 02:40 PM

CLW
11-04-2013, 03:10 PM
IMHO they should have done this as a commercial during the World Series. Lots of baseball fans watching would have been the way to go IMHO.

Rudy
11-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I hope they upgraded the commentary and atmosphere. The game, while great, has gotten stale for me. I passed this year after loving last year.

Annual sports games compete with themselves for market share in a lot of ways. How much better are you than last year? You better have something up your sleeve or sales will suffer.

GatorfanStovy
11-04-2013, 07:46 PM
commentary will be crap for as long as they have the same announcers in the game and this goes for any sport. Commentators will be boring and blah.

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 07:52 PM
commentary will be crap for as long as they have the same announcers in the game and this goes for any sport. Commentators will be boring and blah.

Steve Phillips, Gary Thorne, and John Kruk say hello. They have been in the 2K booth for years and while they game itself may not be the greatest, the commentary is top-notch.

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 07:58 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/195d0p95d3cbspng/ku-xlarge.png

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/195d0q8nz53gvpng/ku-xlarge.png

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n0jSw5ZJzc

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 08:00 PM
40 crowd models in PS3 version, over 1000 crowd models in PS4.

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 08:02 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/195d0hov68m7zjpg/ku-bigpic.jpg

SmoothPancakes
11-04-2013, 08:03 PM
"Universal In Game Currency"?

:fp: And the micro-transactions continue to infect gaming.

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 08:07 PM
"Universal In Game Currency"?

:fp: And the micro-transactions continue to infect gaming.

Quiet you. You will busy on the Xbox One playing "No baseball games" with "No In game currency." Problem solved. :P

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 08:16 PM
From the video and neogaf.

http://i.imgur.com/qG0ytyB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a592or0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WzXSoLz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jeHnFaY.jpg

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 08:26 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/mlb-14-the-show-coming-to-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-spring-2014/

Without revealing too much, we did want to give you a taste of some of the many advancements we’re making to the product for 2014. Here are just a few:

We know how much time and effort our fans put into their Seasons, Franchises, and Road To The Show players. So beginning with MLB 14 The Show, you can now carry over your saves to future versions of MLB The Show. MLB 14 The Show lays the foundation for year-to-year saves, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!

Thanks to the power of PS4, MLB 14 The Show is going to be the most beautiful baseball product we’ve ever created.

For some of you, full 9-inning baseball games may be too long for your liking, so we’ve created an all-new Quick Counts option, which utilizes generated pitch counts allowing gamers to play through full games faster than ever. Realistic statistics in this shortened gameplay experience have not been compromised. Users will now be able to play a full 9 inning game in less than 30 minutes, essentially cutting traditional game times in half.

We think Road To The Show is the deepest, most realistic single-player experience in sports video games, and we’re making it even better. A few of the new features include a new advancement system, new intuitive player creation process, and all new pre-draft prospect showcase.

And finally, what makes baseball great are those “big moments.” The power of PS4 will allow gamers to share those moments using the new “share feature” by capturing and publishing their most thrilling baseball moments, from hitting a game-winning grand slam, to picking off a runner at first for a crucial win in a World Series game.

SmoothPancakes
11-04-2013, 08:29 PM
If only the dumbasses at EA had thought of doing that before canning the NCAA series. :coffee: Could have made the last couple years easier when doing a dynasty. :coffee:

gschwendt
11-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Without being specific... they had.

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
It is a great idea that EA should steal but probably will not since it would require things like time and effort.

bdoughty
11-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Edit: Removed animation takes too long.

SmoothPancakes
11-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Without being specific... they had.

Well alright, they may have thought about it. Maybe I should say, they should have tried implementing it instead of saying it couldn't be done or wasn't worth the time or effort or wasn't desired enough among their fan base. :)

JBHuskers
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Quick Counts has me listening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

Rudy
11-05-2013, 03:41 AM
Steve Phillips, Gary Thorne, and John Kruk say hello. They have been in the 2K booth for years and while they game itself may not be the greatest, the commentary is top-notch.

Totally agree. The MLB 2K announcing crew was awesome and the atmosphere was good too. The Show seems to miss out on a lot of the baseball organ music too. Announcing is a lot better if the guys record together. These guys did that. The Madden guys Simms and Nantz did it and it sounds a lot better. You can tell the Show guys all recorded their stuff separately.

CLW
11-05-2013, 06:18 AM
40 crowd models in PS3 version, over 1000 crowd models in PS4.

EA had 5 or so crowd models on PS3 and 10 crowd models on PS4. :smh:

When I see what Sony is able to do with a sports video game and compare it to what EA gives us I want to cry.

GatorfanStovy
11-05-2013, 08:51 AM
EA had 5 or so crowd models on PS3 and 10 crowd models on PS4. :smh:

When I see what Sony is able to do with a sports video game and compare it to what EA gives us I want to cry.

It's really pathetic if you look at it that way. I mean the show is by far the best sports game out there but no one knows because it's BASEBALL. Yet football still gets all the media attention ever year. Madden just blows. If Sony could get there own football game it would be epic.

CLW
11-05-2013, 09:30 AM
It's really pathetic if you look at it that way. I mean the show is by far the best sports game out there but no one knows because it's BASEBALL. Yet football still gets all the media attention ever year. Madden just blows. If Sony could get there own football game it would be epic.

The Show is the best sports game on the market. Unfortunately, the problem with a baseball game is well baseball. The season is 162 games long + playoffs. One season in the show is the equivalent of 10 seasons in Madden and nearly 14 seasons in NCAA. If you play 1 full game every day of the year you would get through just over 2 seasons in the game.

I didn't buy the show last yr b/c of this fact. I always get the game and enjoy it but I always seem to run out of steam at the all-star break in year 1 of my dynasty. I might try to actually get into RTTS mode. I normally hate single player experiences but its just about the only way you can get through multiple seasons in the game.

GatorfanStovy
11-05-2013, 09:35 AM
RTTS mode is the only mode I play MLB the show with and its fun every year. I can get way more seasons in it if i have time to play. So I stick to that mode. I agree about the franchise mode just being to long for most people which sucks.

bdoughty
11-05-2013, 05:38 PM
If Sony could get there own football game it would be epic.

Like Gameday was epic?
Like Gamebreaker was epic?
Like NBA Shootout was epic?
Like NCAA Final Four was epic?
Like NHL Faceoff was epic?
Like the NBA Games on the PS3 were epic? Just FYI, same studio that makes MLB The Show.

989 Studios became a running joke and dissolved into SCE San Diego Studio's, where they turned their focus into making less games with a major focus on MLB The Show. They had the right team of developers who loved baseball and had the passion to make the game what it is now. You can't just shit out a great development team and the passion it takes to make a game of this quality. Just because Sony makes a great baseball game means absolutely nothing in regards to any other sports game, because they have tried an failed. Not to say they can't find the magic to do something spectacular in another sport but it would take time and some serious talent which is hardest part, as yearly sports games are not the place where the top-tier programmers and artists want to be.

Rudy
11-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Game day 97 was better than Madden on PS1 IMO. Went quickly downhill from there.

JBHuskers
11-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Like Gameday was epic?
Like Gamebreaker was epic?
Like NBA Shootout was epic?
Like NCAA Final Four was epic?
Like NHL Faceoff was epic?
Like the NBA Games on the PS3 were epic? Just FYI, same studio that makes MLB The Show.

989 Studios became a running joke and dissolved into SCE San Diego Studio's, where they turned their focus into making less games with a major focus on MLB The Show. They had the right team of developers who loved baseball and had the passion to make the game what it is now. You can't just shit out a great development team and the passion it takes to make a game of this quality. Just because Sony makes a great baseball game means absolutely nothing in regards to any other sports game, because they have tried an failed. Not to say they can't find the magic to do something spectacular in another sport but it would take time and some serious talent which is hardest part, as yearly sports games are not the place where the top-tier programmers and artists want to be.

Exactly what I said the other day, mainly talking about the NBA games. In no way would the quality of this game translate into a quality football game.

CLW
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Exactly what I said the other day, mainly talking about the NBA games. In no way would the quality of this game translate into a quality football game.

With the same people yes as allot of the Sony San Diego guys are really into baseball from what I can tell.

However, say Sony hired oh I dunno a bunch of guys with football and video game experience that might have been recently given the pink slip or previously left another company and they were given considerable resources my bet is on Sony beating EA in a quality football product.

gschwendt
11-06-2013, 01:52 PM
With the same people yes as allot of the Sony San Diego guys are really into baseball from what I can tell.

However, say Sony hired oh I dunno a bunch of guys with football and video game experience that might have been recently given the pink slip or previously left another company and they were given considerable resources my bet is on Sony beating EA in a quality football product.
I believe most if not all of the core gameplay guys were retained... it was the feature/presentation/oversight guys that were mostly on the bubble.

JBHuskers
01-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Has there been any other details on this?

Rudy
01-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Sony did not present anything at CES which is unusual. Potential delays?

JBHuskers
01-13-2014, 05:30 PM
If we didn't hear anything two months out for NCAA Football, there would be mass outrage. Maybe there is and I just haven't seen it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bdoughty
01-13-2014, 05:46 PM
If we didn't hear anything two months out for NCAA Football, there would be mass outrage. Maybe there is and I just haven't seen it.

Nothing new since the first images. Generally you will find updates here (https://theshownation.com/) and on the PS Blog. They still link to buying the game from Gamestop with a date of 4/1, which is a Tuesday, the norm for when games are released.

Rudy
01-13-2014, 08:06 PM

Their community event is usually right before the game goes gold. The information is closely guarded, they haven't done a demo in years, haven't added an MVP hitter's eye and generally don't make big changes year to year and yet the OS community defends the game at every turn and goes after critics like a witch hunt. It's the worst forum on OS due to the annoying fanboys.

The Show is a really, really good game but it has gotten a bit stale and isn't perfect.

CLW
01-13-2014, 08:29 PM
It definitely isn't perfect but compared to the entire sports genre they consistently turn out the best sim game year in and year out period.

My concern is this potential for this VC garbage from 2K creeping its way into The Show.

JBHuskers
01-13-2014, 08:31 PM
That's why I want some info. Thinking the may change the game with next gen. At least hoping.

bdoughty
01-13-2014, 09:34 PM
My concern is this potential for this VC garbage from 2K creeping its way into The Show.

Yeah that would be terrible to see it creeping up from 2K. Oh wait...

http://i.imgur.com/idi6Ge0.jpg

MLB 13: The Show
http://i.imgur.com/2ZO2nlK.jpg

MLB 12: The Show
http://i.imgur.com/pZIBxVT.jpg

MLB 11: The Show
http://i.imgur.com/zcsdFt9.jpg

I wish they would steal the commentary from the 2K series because it was a shit-ton better than "The Show."

steelerfan
01-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Just getting up to speed on this thread because The Show is the next game coming out that has the ability to get me to consider a PS4.

I LOVE the idea of having the ability to continue a franchise from version to version. I hope this feature makes it's way to other sports titles as well as to online modes like GM Connected.

Rudy
01-14-2014, 04:44 AM
Yup, the ability to carry over franchise saves is a cool thing. I'm not sure I will use the generated pitch counts but it's a great idea for shortening games if you want to try it.

For me the Show needs to improve the presentation and commentary. I was blown away by it back in the Show 06 but it's stale now and you can really tell the announcers don't record their commentary together.

I would love to see a 2K hitter's eye or MVP system where the pitch will occassionally flash to indicate pitch type depending on the batter's attributes and/or pitcher's attributes. I really liked that system in 2K baseball because a batter's ability to work walks actually is rated and helps you at the plate. It helps differentiate the batters more. The guess pitch system in the Show is 100% arcade like and I don't like it. Unfortunately the Show devs hate "batter's eye" and unless something changes we are unlikely to see it.

It's beyond time that they added defensive ratings by position. I don't just want a primary and secondary position. That's very primitive. Some guys have the ability to play many positions and play them well. To pigeon hole a player into one position and then just give them 80% of that defense at the secondary position and 20% outside both is weak. Fielding in general has always bugged me a little in the Show. At times it feels too scripted and that I don't control enough of the outcome. I liked what 2K attempted with outfielders the last few years where the circles to catch fly balls were bigger for worse defenders and could make you worry when attempting to catch fly balls.

At the end of the day though the Show has no major weaknesses. It does a great job in almost every area which is where 2K really suffered. 2K had some nice ideas but their bugs and failures really hurt that game along with the poor animations.

cdj
01-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Online Franchise coming, at least to PS3:

gschwendt
01-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Online Franchise coming, at least to PS3:

Assuming the Online gameplay isn't still shit, this might actually give me a reason to purchase MLB for the first time in forever.

I OU a Beatn
01-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Assuming the Online gameplay isn't still shit, this might actually give me a reason to purchase MLB for the first time in forever.

Big, big, big, BIG assumption. Along with NBA 2K, The Show continually has by far the worst connection quality among online sports games.

Rudy
01-27-2014, 04:26 AM
They have 4 short videos up on OS and some very quick impressions: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show/704702-mlb-14-show-features-online-franchise-new-screenshots-videos-taiwan.html

The base running camera reminds me of 2K's new change in 2K11 through 2K13. It's from the batter's perspective. CC Sabathia is still fat and that will have to be changed. I think the throwing meter over infielders is still way too big. It looks out of place.

Russell chimed in that there is the new baserunning camera on offense is a dynamic camera that has a split second delay for transition. He also said there is a defensive dynamic camera too. I have no idea what that looks like. The other cameras are still there and exactly the same as last year (with no delay for camera transition).

The videos have ball trail on (it was on Rookie apparently). Pitch count is in the score bug now so you always know what it is. Matty V is still the play by play guy.

HANDSWARD
01-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Big, big, big, BIG assumption. Along with NBA 2K, The Show continually has by far the worst connection quality among online sports games.

Agreed. It's a laggy ass HR and strikeout fest. I can't imagine they invested much time to make it better on PS3. Perhaps they have improved it on the new hardware but we shall see. I'm not getting my hopes up tho.

I've never bought this game for online so it's still a buy for me. The simulated pitch counts and carry over saves have me extremely interested. I may finally wander out of RTTS mode. Getting through a 162 game season of franchise mode could become a lot quicker. And continuing in year 3 of my franchise when the next game comes out makes it even better.

JBHuskers
01-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Agreed. It's a laggy ass HR and strikeout fest. I can't imagine they invested much time to make it better on PS3. Perhaps they have improved it on the new hardware but we shall see. I'm not getting my hopes up tho.

I've never bought this game for online so it's still a buy for me. The simulated pitch counts and carry over saves have me extremely interested. I may finally wander out of RTTS mode. Getting through a 162 game season of franchise mode could become a lot quicker. And continuing in year 3 of my franchise when the next game comes out makes it even better.

Yeah, I just want to see how next gen is for it. If I'm not feeling it, and online is powered by Gamespy, I'll sell it.

steelerfan
01-28-2014, 10:48 AM
What I'm most interested in is the PS4 release date. I am still on the fence as to when I will get serious about getting a PS4. Part of me says wait until the bugs are worked out (hopefully before NHL 15 and FIFA 15) and part of me says jump in with The Show.

Either way, I REFUSE to pay 1¢ over retail so I will have to wait for them to become readily available. That is another factor unto itself.

I OU a Beatn
01-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Either way, I REFUSE to pay 1¢ over retail so I will have to wait for them to become readily available. That is another factor unto itself.

Available now at Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-ps4-500gb-console/8240103.p?id=1218866963585&skuId=8240103&cmp=RMX&ky=28oPyDFv0KHcisHwQcZfO0qg5PUU1VPjs)

They're slowly but surely starting to catch up with manufacturing/shipping. I'd say it'll only be another month or so before you can just walk into a store and buy one with no problem. Hell, they've been in stock at Best Buy for 2 days now.

steelerfan
01-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Available now at Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-ps4-500gb-console/8240103.p?id=1218866963585&skuId=8240103&cmp=RMX&ky=28oPyDFv0KHcisHwQcZfO0qg5PUU1VPjs)

They're slowly but surely starting to catch up with manufacturing/shipping. I'd say it'll only be another month or so before you can just walk into a store and buy one with no problem. Hell, they've been in stock at Best Buy for 2 days now.

Thanks, man.

I still don't think I'll pull the trigger until, at least, MLB is close to releasing though. I don't play many games (I bought 3 titles in all of 2013) and I don't want to get a PS4 without an immediate game purchase (not just any game; a game I really want) to keep me busy. Otherwise, I'll start throwing away money on games I don't care about just to have something to play.

JBHuskers
02-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Shouldn't there be a release date coming soon? Just seems odd there isn't one yet.

Rudy
02-10-2014, 12:31 PM
I find the lack of baseball info odd, especially for RBI.

cdj
02-10-2014, 07:41 PM

cdj
02-13-2014, 09:34 AM
The PS3 version will be available April 1, PS4 version pushed to May.

PS3 Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phn9g06_bRA

JBHuskers
02-13-2014, 09:45 AM
PS4 version pushed to May.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/textarticle_640/2012/08/10/mckayladisappointed.jpg

steelerfan
02-13-2014, 09:53 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/textarticle_640/2012/08/10/mckayladisappointed.jpg

Yeah.

Not excited about that. I was looking at The Show bring the game that caused me to jump to PS4 and it still could be. However, a May release makes it less likely to influence me much.

With the upcoming World Cup game not being on PS4, I may be back to waiting for NHL 15 and FIFA 15 before I get on board with next gen.

gschwendt
02-13-2014, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IayeDHQFl6I

CLW
02-13-2014, 10:07 AM
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/02/13/mlb-a14-the-show-might-be-ps4as-best-looking-game

CLW
02-13-2014, 10:19 AM
http://www.psnation.com/2014/02/13/mlb-14-the-show-hands-on-report/

JBHuskers
02-13-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm going to give this a try on the PS4 for sure this year. I think the Quick Counts will help maybe try to plow through a season.

Probably will help move things along on the Online Dynasty front too.

JBHuskers
02-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Notes specific to the PS4:

◦Hair (including facial) is now fully rendered instead of using flat texture/normal map (they can draw bout 40,000 individual hairs per player).

◦Lighting is now fully dynamic, and uses some new technology like sub-surface scattering. So now instead of seeing definitive borders between light and shadow
on a player (for example), you can now see that light actually bleeds across the player, even showing a slight reflection/halo effect on sharper angles like the nose. They’re also using sub-dermal light diffusion, so the light that hits the skin actually shows a slight transparency (we’ve seen this recently in Tomb Raider Definitive Edition).

◦Grass on the field is now rendered down to individual blades of grass, and the blades are actually dynamically lit as well. When you zoom-in to where the grass borders the sand in the infield, you can actually see specific shadows for the blades of grass. It’s something many probably wouldn’t notice, but that’s the level of detail that we’ve come to expect in The Show.

◦Objects like scoreboards and signs are now fully built-out instead of being flat textures. So you’ll see actual backings on signs and other objects.

◦All 30 stadiums have been rebuilt from the ground-up, nothing has been ported from the previous versions.

◦Another tidbit about the grass, it actually displaces when a foot hits a spot, or when the ball rolls or lays on the grass. From a physics standpoint, a lot of those behaviors would happen, but you wouldn’t see it visually. The ball will actually act as it should as it rolls across the grass, as it’s spinning, and displacing the grass, the ball can sometimes get ahead of itself and actually hop-up because it’s hitting the blades of grass instead of rolling through. You’ll also see grass clippings flying up when a player runs through with his cleats.

◦Leather actually looks like real leather now, with the fielding gloves and the batting gloves, which now show that fuzziness when the batting glove is new.

◦An example shown is the old score wall at Fenway in left field. Historically it’s been a pretty flat texture, but in the PS4 version, all of the old, metal plates are present, beaten over the years by a myriad of impacts from baseballs. They’re true 3D objects now, and yes, all scoreboards and walls are fully functional.

◦The crowds in the PS3 version were comprised of about 42 different models, so you will still see some copies out there. Now, since the PS4 has much more power, the crowd is made up of over 1,000 unique models. Each crowd model is made up of the same polygon count of a baseball player in the PS3 version of the game (and they’ve even included kids into the crowd now).

◦Crowd members will now catch foul balls and be able to reach over and grab fouls that roll by. They’ll also hold signs up, and those signs will be contextual. So if a player starts heating-up, you’ll probably see some fans rooting him on in this manner. Furthermore (this is for the Operation Sports crew) the Pitcher can now pick up the rosin bag and throw it back down.

◦Finally, they’ve added Bat & Ball boys and girls.

◦All of the crowd audio and chants have been re-recorded in High Quality.

◦All reflection maps on things like the helmets and sunglasses are all rendered in realtime now.

CLW
02-13-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm going to give this a try on the PS4 for sure this year. I think the Quick Counts will help maybe try to plow through a season.

Probably will help move things along on the Online Dynasty front too.

Yep I'm in for a small od with quick counts if anyone is interested

I OU a Beatn
02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
I was expecting a much bigger jump graphically over last gen versions. For a "next gen" game, I'm truly not impressed by the screenshots. The players look like they're made out of plastic.

As per usual, I'll be waiting for user reviews about connection quality online. If it's like it has been the past 4 or 5 years, I'll be skipping it again.

gschwendt
02-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah... online connectivity is the biggest hurdle as to whether I buy it on PS4 this year or not.

JBHuskers
02-13-2014, 12:27 PM
My buying isn't hinging on online play, so I'm getting it anyways.

I OU a Beatn
02-13-2014, 12:30 PM
My buying isn't hinging on online play, so I'm getting it anyways.

I really only play online against friends. I doubt I even played 50 games online per year when I got it, so it's not that big of deal to me, either. It's just the thought of supporting a company who knows there's a problem and keeps casually overlooking it while slapping the same $60 price tag on it. When they fix the online quality, I'll buy it day one. Until then, I'll continue buying it used so that they don't see a cent.

Rudy
02-13-2014, 03:27 PM
I expected more info than just the release data and some graphic updates and images. We knew most of this over 3 months ago. How about gameplay changes or impressions?

cdj
02-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Base Feature Set, via pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/02/13/descriptions-of-new-base-features-for-mlb-14-the-show#more-86635):

Next Generation Baseball Has Arrived

MLB 14 The Show makes its next-gen debut on the PS4 system, utilizing the system’s vast resources to deliver exceptionally detailed and fluid gameplay. With improvements to presentation, a wealth of added animations, and a dramatic increase in environment and player detail, we are setting out to create the best-looking and best-playing baseball sim ever created.

Year-to-Year Saves (PS3/Vita/PS4)

For the first time in franchise history, saves can be carried over from MLB 14 to future releases of The Show, meaning that gamers won’t have to worry about starting their Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over in years to come.

Player Lock (PS3/Vita/PS4)

The new Player Lock feature (a.k.a RTTS anywhere) gives users the ability to lock-on to any single player and enter games using the Road to the Show gameplay mechanic, allowing for faster games and more focused on-field action.

Quick Counts (PS3/Vita/PS4)

Users will now be able to play a full nine-inning game in less than 30 minutes, half the time it takes in previous iterations of The Show. Despite the shortened game durations, realistic stats will not be compromised.

Universal Profile (PS3/PS4)

A new tendency-tracking system monitors and records gamers’ unique playing styles. Those patterns are stored in the Universal Profile, which can be viewed by anyone looking to get a quick scouting report on the player. The Universal Profile can also be subbed in in place of a CPU opponent in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise, making for more realistic head-to-head matchups when schedules prevent synchronous play.

Community Challenges (PS3/PS4)

Players will be able to freely toy and tinker with game situations and scenarios on the fly, whether that’s the inning, score, who’s on base, or where the ball is hit. These custom situations can be bundled with a creative set of goals and put forth as a challenge to the community, whether it’s to relive the past, change history, or dream of new possibilities.

Online Franchise (PS3/PS4)

Finally, Franchise mode can be shared with friends online, with most of the features from the offline version making the transition, including Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency and CPU Trades. The mode will remain highly customizable as scheduling, divisions, postseason spots and more are all commissioner options.

Stubs (PS3/Vita/PS4)

Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content – like Road to the Show training points – or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode. You can still purchase additional in-game content through the PlayStation Store.

Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings (PS3/PS4)

In this mode, a player’s team is always looking for opportunities to challenge other users in an offline setting, which allows the user to earn bonus rewards the next time they log in. When online, the player has the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in an offline game where the CPU controls their team. Players can only benefit positively in this mode even if their team does not perform up to their normal standards.

SmoothPancakes
02-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Year to year saves? Damn! MLB The Show will definitely be the first thing I buy whenever I eventually pick up a PS4 down the road.

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Year to year saves? Damn! MLB The Show will definitely be the first thing I buy whenever I eventually pick up a PS4 down the road.

Yeah that is part of what's getting me back into the franchise. Pairing that with Quick Counts. This finally allows me to enjoy a dynasty where I haven't since the SNES days.

SmoothPancakes
02-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Yeah that is part of what's getting me back into the franchise. Pairing that with Quick Counts. This finally allows me to enjoy a dynasty where I haven't since the SNES days.

Amen. One thing that has always limited my purchases of MLB games (only bought MLB 2K9 and MLB 2K13) was due to how long the seasons are and how long it takes to get through them. By the time I get through one in either player career or full franchise mode, it's already time for the next edition and I either have to skip the next edition (and any additions or changes they made) or start all over from the beginning again.

With year to year saves in MLB The Show, I'll have no problem purchasing a new edition (assuming it has enough quality features or additions) when the new edition comes out since I'll be able to just keep plugging away in my career or franchise.

EA, you're on the clock goddamnit! I would do so much more in Madden, in NBA Live/2K, in FIFA, etc if my damn saves would carry over from year to year so I could keep my franchises or careers going. It gets old having to start over every new edition. That's kept me from purchasing games some years, because I didn't feel like starting over from scratch with a franchise or career.

JBHuskers
02-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Amen. One thing that has always limited my purchases of MLB games (only bought MLB 2K9 and MLB 2K13) was due to how long the seasons are and how long it takes to get through them. By the time I get through one in either player career or full franchise mode, it's already time for the next edition and I either have to skip the next edition (and any additions or changes they made) or start all over from the beginning again.

With year to year saves in MLB The Show, I'll have no problem purchasing a new edition (assuming it has enough quality features or additions) when the new edition comes out since I'll be able to just keep plugging away in my career or franchise.

EA, you're on the clock goddamnit! I would do so much more in Madden, in NBA Live/2K, in FIFA, etc if my damn saves would carry over from year to year so I could keep my franchises or careers going. It gets old having to start over every new edition. That's kept me from purchasing games some years, because I didn't feel like starting over from scratch with a franchise or career.

Basically when I get MLB 15, I'll probably dick around with some play now games with the Cubs current roster, or maybe even start a 2nd one if the roster is drastically different (which it may be next year). There's so many possibilities, plus RTTS never disappoints in my book.

SCClassof93
02-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Notes specific to the PS4:

◦Hair (including facial) is now fully rendered instead of using flat texture/normal map (they can draw bout 40,000 individual hairs per player).

◦Lighting is now fully dynamic, and uses some new technology like sub-surface scattering. So now instead of seeing definitive borders between light and shadow
on a player (for example), you can now see that light actually bleeds across the player, even showing a slight reflection/halo effect on sharper angles like the nose. They’re also using sub-dermal light diffusion, so the light that hits the skin actually shows a slight transparency (we’ve seen this recently in Tomb Raider Definitive Edition).

◦Grass on the field is now rendered down to individual blades of grass, and the blades are actually dynamically lit as well. When you zoom-in to where the grass borders the sand in the infield, you can actually see specific shadows for the blades of grass. It’s something many probably wouldn’t notice, but that’s the level of detail that we’ve come to expect in The Show.

◦Objects like scoreboards and signs are now fully built-out instead of being flat textures. So you’ll see actual backings on signs and other objects.

◦All 30 stadiums have been rebuilt from the ground-up, nothing has been ported from the previous versions.

◦Another tidbit about the grass, it actually displaces when a foot hits a spot, or when the ball rolls or lays on the grass. From a physics standpoint, a lot of those behaviors would happen, but you wouldn’t see it visually. The ball will actually act as it should as it rolls across the grass, as it’s spinning, and displacing the grass, the ball can sometimes get ahead of itself and actually hop-up because it’s hitting the blades of grass instead of rolling through. You’ll also see grass clippings flying up when a player runs through with his cleats.

◦Leather actually looks like real leather now, with the fielding gloves and the batting gloves, which now show that fuzziness when the batting glove is new.

◦An example shown is the old score wall at Fenway in left field. Historically it’s been a pretty flat texture, but in the PS4 version, all of the old, metal plates are present, beaten over the years by a myriad of impacts from baseballs. They’re true 3D objects now, and yes, all scoreboards and walls are fully functional.

◦The crowds in the PS3 version were comprised of about 42 different models, so you will still see some copies out there. Now, since the PS4 has much more power, the crowd is made up of over 1,000 unique models. Each crowd model is made up of the same polygon count of a baseball player in the PS3 version of the game (and they’ve even included kids into the crowd now).

◦Crowd members will now catch foul balls and be able to reach over and grab fouls that roll by. They’ll also hold signs up, and those signs will be contextual. So if a player starts heating-up, you’ll probably see some fans rooting him on in this manner. Furthermore (this is for the Operation Sports crew) the Pitcher can now pick up the rosin bag and throw it back down.

◦Finally, they’ve added Bat & Ball boys and girls.

◦All of the crowd audio and chants have been re-recorded in High Quality.

◦All reflection maps on things like the helmets and sunglasses are all rendered in realtime now.

I simply can't fathom the lack of jokes............;)

JBHuskers
02-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I simply can't fathom the lack of jokes............;)

If it was Madden, there would be outrage that time was spent on this.

CLW
02-16-2014, 05:50 PM

Yeah b/c Madden has GAPING gameplay holes MLB The Show not quite as many. EA's problem isn't "windsocks" its the fact they focus on "windsocks" when core gameplay elements remained broken for years.

SCClassof93
02-17-2014, 11:34 AM

I was referring to poking fun at someone here ;)

I OU a Beatn
02-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah b/c Madden has GAPING gameplay holes MLB The Show not quite as many. EA's problem isn't "windsocks" its the fact they focus on "windsocks" when core gameplay elements remained broken for years.

Nah, just a completely broken online infrastructure that makes playing online virtually impossible.

(...and it's been that way for about 5 years now for those keeping track)

Everyone gives EA a bunch of shit, but I can at least play their sports games online without a ton of lag. That's something I can not say about The Show or NBA 2K's efforts.

CLW
02-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Nah, just a completely broken online infrastructure that makes playing online virtually impossible.

Everyone gives EA a bunch of shit, but I can at least play their sports games online without a ton of lag. That's something I can not say about The Show or NBA 2K's efforts.

I agree The Show's online has ALWAYS been bad. However, I don't (and I suspect the vast majority of The Show's customers don't) buy/play The Show for online.

The Show's core gameplay is light years ahead of every EA Sports title.

However, now they are touting Online Franchise so they better step up the servers or there will be people angry.

I OU a Beatn
02-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Even if it was a very rarely used feature (it's not), if it's presented as a feature/game mode, it should work properly. When you're given feedback year after year about how garbage that particular part of your game is and you continually release the next version without correcting it, something is wrong there. The Show doesn't sell millions of copies like shooters, so you're not going to have hundreds of thousands of people trying to access online at the same time. Fork over the money, get some dedicated servers, and make your customers happy.

Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath. This is a problem with Sony, not the developers. I can't think of a single one of their first party games that hasn't had massive problems with lag except for MAG, which had dedicated servers.

JBHuskers
02-17-2014, 12:53 PM
yeah b/c madden has gaping gameplay holes mlb the show not quite as many. Ea's problem isn't "windsocks" its the fact they focus on "windsocks" when core gameplay elements remained broken for years.

nah, just a completely broken online infrastructure that makes playing online virtually impossible.

everyone gives ea a bunch of shit, but i can at least play their sports games online without a ton of lag. That's something i can not say about the show or nba 2k's efforts.

iou - 1, clw - 0

:D :D :D

cdj
02-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Full Features List (http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?p=199611#post199611), expanding upon what was released last week:

KEY FEATURES

Next Generation Baseball Has Arrived - MLB 14 The Show makes its next-gen debut on the PS4 system, utilizing the system’s vast resources to deliver exceptionally detailed and fluid gameplay. With improvements to presentation, a wealth of added animations, and a dramatic increase in environment and player detail, we are setting out to create the best-looking and best-playing baseball sim ever created.

The Evolution of Road to The Show continues (All platforms) - First among the major improvements is a completely revamped advancement system, complete with improved logic and the removal of advancement goals. Also being introduced is a new beginning to a player’s RTTS career with the Topps Amateur Showcase, a series of games against other draft prospects. Additionally, the training system, logic, screens and modes have all been revamped to provide users with a more engaging experience.

- Other changes include a new player-creation process, the reintroduction of the “broadcast” presentation perspective as an option, and a re-envisioned Catcher Mode, to name a few (PS3 & PS4 Only).

Year-to-Year Saves (All platforms) - For the first time in franchise history, saves can be carried over from MLB 14 to future releases of The Show, meaning that gamers won't have to worry about starting their Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over in years to come.

Player Lock (All platforms) - The new Player Lock feature (a.k.a RTTS anywhere) gives users the ability to lock-on to any single player and enter games using the Road to the Show gameplay mechanic, allowing for faster games and more focused on-field action.

Quick Counts (All platforms) - Users will now be able to play a full nine-inning game in less than 30 minutes, half the time it takes in previous iterations of The Show. Despite the shortened game durations, realistic stats will not be compromised.

Community Challenges (PS3 & PS4) - Players will be able to freely toy and tinker with game situations and scenarios on the fly, whether that’s the inning, score, who’s on base, or where the ball is hit. These custom situations can be bundled with a creative set of goals and put forth as a challenge to the community, whether it’s to relive the past, change history, or dream of new possibilities.

Universal Profile (PS3 & PS4) - A new tendency-tracking system monitors and records gamers’ unique playing styles. Those patterns are stored in the Universal Profile, which can be viewed by anyone looking to get a quick scouting report on the player. The Universal Profile can also be subbed in in place of a CPU opponent in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise, making for more realistic head-to-head matchups when schedules prevent synchronous play.

Online Franchise (PS3 & PS4) - Finally, Franchise mode can be shared with friends online, with most of the features from the offline version making the transition, including Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency and CPU Trades. The mode will remain highly customizable as scheduling, divisions, postseason spots and more are all commissioner options.

Stubs (All platforms) - Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content – like Road to the Show training points – or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode. You can still purchase additional in-game content through the PlayStation Store.

Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings (PS3 & PS4) - In this mode, a player’s team is always looking for opportunities to challenge other users in an offline setting, which allows the user to earn bonus rewards the next time they log in. When online, the player has the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in an offline game where the CPU controls their team. Players can only benefit positively in this mode even if their team does not perform up to their normal standards.

Dynamic Difficulty (All platforms) - Baseball is a sport the dedicated love to master, but also one that can intimidate newcomers. In this year’s version of The Show, players who don’t feel like veterans yet can opt to start on a lower difficulty level and jump right in. An advanced logic system will then grade the user’s skill and adjust the challenge level up or down based on their overall performance. Batting and pitching are evaluated separately, so it’s possible for one to increase in difficulty while the other doesn’t, or even reduces. On-screen notifications will advise when the difficulty setting has been adjusted.

Franchise Improvements (PS3 & PS4 Only) - Efforts continue to improve the accessibility of Franchise mode. A new notification system, which keeps the user more connected to their organization and the league, serves as an “Assistant GM” and will make sure critical information is more immediately provided and more readily accessible. Also refined is the logic that helps the multi-season cycle of Franchise mode and all of the stats and developments therein resemble real life as closely as possible. Other additions include a player search and the ability to hire and fire coaches during the regular season.

True Broadcast Presentations (PS3 & PS4 Only) - The Show’s presentation crew has taken on a tall task for MLB 14: streamlining the game while enhancing the reality and increasing the variety of the experience. Pace of play is a focal point for the team as we strive to immerse the user in an even more engaging simulation. Heavy emphasis has also been placed on the stadium environment to feature the upgraded crowd actors, jumbotrons, LED boards, dugouts, specific stadium audio and a more engaged, responsive and unique crowd.

-On the commentary side, the three-man booth of Matt Vasgersian, Eric Karros and Steve Lyons return for their second season together. This year's title will emphasize the three announcers in a more interactive, conversational style, yet will also continue to mine the world of baseball to find intelligent, timely and compelling commentary concerning today's teams and players. The overall goal is for the game to get deeper, and for the announcers to better adapt to changing game conditions -- including rising the enthusiasm level when the situation dictates.

MLB 14 The Show includes over 40 more enhancements, new features, and improvements!
New dynamic gameplay cameras for batting and fielding
New dynamic catch position indicator for fielding
New baserunning paradigm (New animation core and logic)
Completely re-done catcher animations suite (over 150 all-new catcher animations)
More than 90 new batting stances
More than 160 batting stance re-captures for players who changed their stances
More than 50 new fielding animations
More than 30 new pitching motions
20 new signature HR swings
Intro Fly-Ins (PS4 Only)
New bat boy and ball boy presentations (PS4 Only)
All-new high-resolution crowd reactions, ambient noise, cheers, etc…. (PS4 Only)
Japan League-style and slap-hitter swing types (PS4 Only)
Over 350 new fielding and batting animations (PS4 Only)
Team specific, player specific, team generic crowd signs (PS4 Only)
New RTTS Player Creation options, including the ability to model your skills, appearance, and signature animations after a real MLB player
New and improved training modes, along with the addition of a new bronze/gold medal system.
Easier trade requests (RTTS)
Easier position changes (RTTS)
Dynamic Potential for RTTS Player
New injury presentations
New Player Search feature
Ability to hire/fire coaches in mid-season
Notification system that keeps you connected to your team and league.
New player contract logic that mimics real life
New overall and potential formula
Editable potential
Refined player generation, with more position-specific attribute ranges (Online Franchise)
New contract decision logic, which factors in contract renewable and arbitration status more heavily (Online Franchise)
New lineup logic that takes into account secondary positions (Online Franchise)
Refined trade logic (Online Franchise)
Retired players stored for every season (Online Franchise)
More player stats stored for every season (Online Franchise)
New user management functionality at TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
Make, accept, and vote on trades through TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
Resolve and simulate games on TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
League members can now manage games on TheShowNation.com (Online Franchise)
New pitcher/batter status screen
New pitcher/batter breakdown pop-up graphics
Cycling help text
Left-handed infielders
CPU plate discipline logic has been re-written
Pitcher can now bring up pitch history using L3 (same effect as R2 for the batter)
New pickoff cameras
New assortment of organ recordings
Completely re-worked Plate Coverage Indicator (PCI)

ram29jackson
02-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Stubs (All platforms) - Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content – like Road to the Show training points – or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode. You can still purchase additional in-game content through the PlayStation Store.

stubs

ram29jackson
02-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings (PS3 & PS4) - In this mode, a player’s team is always looking for opportunities to challenge other users in an offline setting, which allows the user to earn bonus rewards the next time they log in. When online, the player has the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in an offline game where the CPU controls their team. Players can only benefit positively in this mode even if their team does not perform up to their normal standards.

Diamond dynasty

steelerfan
02-19-2014, 08:11 PM
stubs

Diamond dynasty

All that shit is in the post right above yours.

:ram?:

SmoothPancakes
02-19-2014, 08:22 PM
stubs

Diamond dynasty

Ok? And the purpose of these two posts were? What? :fp:

ram29jackson
02-19-2014, 09:15 PM
All that shit is in the post right above yours.

:ram?:

yes honey I know and I chose to separate them.

SmoothPancakes
02-19-2014, 09:20 PM
yes honey I know and I chose to separate them.

:fp: I weep for the education system in this country if ram received a diploma of any sort in life.

CLW
02-26-2014, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1hRn-jBic8

Rudy
03-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Universal profile and STUBS. User stats are nice but it still pales in comparison to the depth of 2K's VIP profile which also had spray charts.

http://stickskills.com/2014/03/03/detailed-look-stubs-universal-profile-mlb-14-show/

Papa LoneStar
03-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Year-to-year saves definitely caught my eye. I got 7 seasons into RTTS in 12....was bummed out having to start over....only got through 2 in 13 (mostly because GTA 5 was released during the time I got my real life playoff baseball boost during 12). Now I'll be able to take my time....knowing my player won't be going anywhere.

cdj
03-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Courtesy Operation Sports, here is a blog about Online Franchise (http://www.operationsports.com/news/711831/mlb-14-the-show-blog-online-franchise/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter).

Franchise Mode has been an MLB The Show staple for quite some time now, and this year, we’re excited to introduce its long-awaited online version. We took the team-building aspects of Franchise, such as scouting and offseason contract negotiations, and merged them with the customizable schedules and divisional alignments of Online Leagues. We also continued to refine the game logic that governs trade values, lineups, player generation, and more. Let’s go over some of the main features in more detail.

When you create an Online Franchise, you automatically become the league’s Commissioner. You’ll get to choose the divisional alignment, schedule type, Designated Hitter preference and whether or not to upload a custom roster, among other things. Once you’re happy with your settings, you’ll need to invite other players to the league, and also determine what teams will be controlled by the CPU (if any at all).

Here is a Bleacher Report interview with more information (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1981565-mlb-14-the-show-breaking-down-online-franchise-mode):

You’ll be able to move players up and down from Class-A all the way to the majors, set training assignments, and also pull-off trades with other teams. Our trade logic has been greatly improved as well, so forget about lopsided trades involving three top prospects for an average major league middle reliever.

JBHuskers
03-05-2014, 02:08 PM
I wonder if Online Franchise carries over year to year.

gschwendt
03-13-2014, 02:22 PM

GatorfanStovy
03-13-2014, 04:44 PM
I'll have to pass this year sadly. I hope that Xbox has a baseball game again.

CLW
03-17-2014, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8xNMTQz7U

gschwendt
03-18-2014, 08:46 PM
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31.0-8/1167344_759496750730252_1799063468_o.jpg
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31.0-8/1974255_759496844063576_1249453578_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t31.0-8/1979112_759496787396915_1620787383_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/1836639_759496860730241_303085366_o.jpg
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31.0-8/1622420_759496867396907_918552518_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t31.0-8/10003634_759496887396905_463076697_o.jpg

cdj
03-18-2014, 08:54 PM
That looks amazing.

cdj
03-18-2014, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8xNMTQz7U

Along with the video CLW posted, here is the blog detailing RTTS improvements (http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?t=25152).

Some excerpts:

More Info:
The addition of the Topps® Amateur Showcase in MLB® 14 The Show™ is really an exciting addition to RTTS because it opens the possibilities of what you can experience in terms of career progression. In past versions of the Road to The Show, it was always assumed your player was an A-Potential player, destined for greatness in the Majors, and he was treated as such. That all changes in MLB® 14, as the new RTTS player will start out as a middle-of-the-road, C-Potential prospect with many unanswered questions about his future skills. However, over the course of the three Showcase games, that blurry picture will become much clearer, as the scouts will analyze your every move on the field. It is important to know that they are not just interested in stats. They are mostly watching your approach to each situation you encounter. This means that a game where you get three bloop base-hits probably won’t be scored as well as a game where you go 0-for-4 with four well-hit missiles to the outfield. At the end of each game you will receive an update on how your stock has changed as a result of that game’s performance. Also, your Potential rating will reflect the rise or fall in your stock, so when the Topps® Amateur Showcase is all said and done, you may be anywhere from a F-Potential, 7th Round pick to an A-Potential, first overall selection.

A Few More Notes:
• The Topps® Amateur Showcase features its own presentation package, with color commentary focusing on your player and in the context of the games being played with the Draft looming.
• All Showcase games are played in the Baseball City, FL stadium, which is part of the Spring Training list.
• You are awarded Training Points for each year you decide to “return to school” to help you improve your player before you compete in the Showcase again.
• As a Starting Pitcher, you will pitch 3 innings in each game for a total of 9 innings.
• As a Closing Pitcher, you will pitch 1 inning in each game for a total of 3 innings.
• You can still choose your organization before the Draft. You will be taken by the team of your choice in the round you have been projected for.
• After your name has been called in the Draft, Matt Vasgersian, Eric Karros, and Steve Lyons will provide their analysis and discuss what they think about your future as a pro.

steelerfan
03-18-2014, 11:42 PM
That looks amazing.

:+1:

CLW
03-22-2014, 07:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca4mmC3Ly4k

jaymo76
03-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Not a baseball person and not really a baseball game. However, those PS4 graphics look PHENOMENAL! I may have to get this game at some point just to show off the power of the PS4. Now that is what a sports game is supposed to look like! (attention Madden...consider yourself on notice!).

GatorfanStovy
03-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Not a baseball person and not really a baseball game. However, those PS4 graphics look PHENOMENAL! I may have to get this game at some point just to show off the power of the PS4. Now that is what a sports game is supposed to look like! (attention Madden...consider yourself on notice!).

And those were ps3 graphics :fp: Madden will NEVER look that good .. maybe on like 2 next gen consoles from now I dunno. But Madden step it up this generation. I've always loved the show gonna suck with no baseball game for th x1 this year.

SmoothPancakes
03-22-2014, 08:27 PM
And those were ps3 graphics :fp: Madden will NEVER look that good .. maybe on like 2 next gen consoles from now I dunno. But Madden step it up this generation. I've always loved the show gonna suck with no baseball game for th x1 this year.

That's partly why I'm considering buying a PS4 with my tax return money, so I can get The Show and actually have next-gen baseball to play.

CLW
03-23-2014, 07:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG8M6mvAwkY

CLW
03-27-2014, 06:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo8x_G5w22c

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 12:47 PM
With getting an XB1, I'm not sure if I'll get this at release with Watch Dogs coming out.

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm definitely planning on picking up a PS4 and this with my tax return money. I'll have to make sure I keep some money set aside also to get Watch_Dogs. Definitely not missing that one.

JBHuskers
03-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Right now I'm thinking I might bite the first time it hits $40, but we'll see how it goes in the next month+

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

SmoothPancakes
03-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Yeah, the only thing for me would be how long it'll take to drop. I know for sure I'm getting The Show. Hell, The Show is the whole reason I'm even considering getting a PS4 in two months instead of my originally intended next winter or sometime in 2015. With year to year saves now, I can start playing this year's Show and carry it over in future years if I find the additions to future editions worth the purchase. And now I can play a full 162 game season without feeling rushed due to the next year's release.

Right now, my only baseball is still playing MLB 2K13. 2K13 is fine, but there are still issues with it that have been there for years, and it just feels so stale, with no upgraded commentary or anything, since 2K essentially just released it as one big roster update. So I am desperate for some TRUE baseball, which that only option is The Show.

GatorfanStovy
03-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Yea the whole year to year saves a big one! If I had the spare bucks I'd be gettng the ps4/the show. But saving up now after the xbox purchase. maybe in the summer.

Rudy
03-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Quick Counts gameplay. I've never given serious thought to the quick counts as I don't know if I want to give up that control but faster games does appeal to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJYP04RmzU

CLW
03-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Quick Counts gameplay. I've never given serious thought to the quick counts as I don't know if I want to give up that control but faster games does appeal to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJYP04RmzU

I'm sold on it. It keeps it "sim" (or at least that's the claim) and quickens a game that needs to be quickened due to a 162 game season. That video looks like a game could be completed in 30 minutes with hopefully more walks and pitchers getting tired.

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2014, 10:21 AM
I would consider a 1-0 or 2-0 start count, especially if walks are otherwise somewhat rare. I know in MLB 2K, I rarely ever get walked. But no way in hell will I add strikes, I need every strike I can get. :D Many a time, I don't even make contact for a hit until there's already two strikes against me. Granted, again, that's in MLB 2K. I have no idea how the pitchers perform and react in The Show. Something I look forward to finding out first hand in May.

Rudy
03-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Smooth you will enjoy the differences between the games. The biggest advantage of the Show is how incredibly polished it is. The CPU AI is FAR betterhan 2k13. I get burnt out on the Show but a newbie to the series will be in heaven.

SmoothPancakes
03-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Smooth you will enjoy the differences between the games. The biggest advantage of the Show is how incredibly polished it is. The CPU AI is FAR betterhan 2k13. I get burnt out on the Show but a newbie to the series will be in heaven.

Well, I'm certainly looking forward to it! The Show is the entire reason I'm planning on picking up the PS4 in May, instead of my intended "schedule" of November/December later this year or sometime in 2015.

With year to year saves, I no longer have concerns about buying the Show this May and doing a franchise (or whatever they call it) with the Rockies and doing a Road to the Show with 162 game schedules, since I'll be able to fully play them out as I desire and still be able to advance to new versions of the game in future years without losing all that work and progress.

Now Madden, FIFA, NHL, NBA Live and NBA 2K need to implement them! I was a very vocal supporter and demander of year to year saves for NCAA. Sadly we never got them before the series got axed. But now that's it has been proven that it can indeed be done and is workable for baseball, it's time to get it on the additions list for all the other sports games.

I OU a Beatn
03-29-2014, 01:12 PM

Yep, it's the same thing I say to people who want to try NBA 2k. If you haven't played the past 3 or 4 versions, you'll be amazed. If you've played them, though, you'll just be annoyed because both franchises ignore giant problems year to year. But since Smooth has never played it before, I'm quite certain he'll be amazed.

steelerfan
03-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Honestly, the more I think about it, I'm not sure I'll love year-to-year saves. I love having the option (in case I want to do it) but missing out on playing with/against the new players in real life (rookies and prospects and the like) will make it tough to take the game too far before the inevitable "re-start".

ram29jackson
04-05-2014, 06:00 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MLB%2013%20DIAMOND%20DYNASTY/1ss_zpsa42b5126.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MLB%2013%20DIAMOND%20DYNASTY/1ss_zpsa42b5126.png.html)

Rudy
04-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Who has the game? A lot of people love the quick counts it seems and the new dynamic cameras. I'm interested in seeing the outfield locator spots moving as you try to track the ball down. I think that is a very interesting change. You can see the change here at 4:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qLEkcBsvAyU#t=257.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLEkcBsvAyU

One thing I don't like hearing is that I can't control steal attempts with auto baserunning. The base running controls in the Show have always annoyed me. Personally I think runners should do all the basic stuff and I control whether I go for extra bases. That means a runner on 3rd with 1st and 2nd open should automatically go home on a base hit but they don't in the Show. You have to control EVERYTHING which annoys me. Almost every other baseball game I have every played has better base running controls imo. MLB 2K is much better in this area.

WolverineJay
04-07-2014, 01:56 AM
I played some baseball games this past week MLB 12, Hardball 5, and Baseball Stars. They still continue to work for me when I get the itch for some baseball (Each plays differently but all are fun to play and when they stop being fun then I'll upgrade).

gschwendt
04-07-2014, 12:30 PM
PS4 footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhfd6A5X6Aw

JBHuskers
04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
I want it, but the last couple years I've gotten The Show cheap, I've barely played it. Just wondering if I'll get my money's worth. If Quick Counts will actually enable me to fly through a franchise like I could when I had all the time in the world in the Ken Griffey Baseball days on the SNES.

steelerfan
04-07-2014, 02:59 PM
I want it, but the last couple years I've gotten The Show cheap, I've barely played it. Just wondering if I'll get my money's worth. If Quick Counts will actually enable me to fly through a franchise like I could when I had all the time in the world in the Ken Griffey Baseball days on the SNES.

Two ways to look at it.

First, the May release already cuts your time with the game. Unless you are willing to start a Franchise on 14 and keep going with it on 15, the month-plus you are losing is huge.

Second, with NCAA out of the picture, you should be able to keep solid interest in this game until August (Madden) or September (NHL, FIFA). That is something that was tough to do before, past mid-July.

For me, I'm not sold on continuing a Franchise on the next version of a game. I think I'd be too tempted to start over with the new real-life rookies and prospects. This would be especially impactful in an American Football game because there are no minor leagues/youth squads. Perhaps you can look past it in baseball. Hell, I'm not sure that I couldn't.

I'm still leaning towards waiting for The Show 15, particularly since I don't have a PS4 yet. My plan, at the time being, remains the same. Wait till September and get a PS4 for NHL and FIFA.

CLW
04-09-2014, 07:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaKJxUSprhQ

Rudy
04-12-2014, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wD9xShEx4g

ram29jackson
04-13-2014, 07:06 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MLB%2013%20DIAMOND%20DYNASTY/MLBR14TheShowTM_zps6e93507c.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MLB%2013%20DIAMOND%20DYNASTY/MLBR14TheShowTM_zps6e93507c.png.html)

cdj
04-14-2014, 10:22 AM
IGN will have a livestream showing off the PS4 version at 1 PM CT today. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/10/mlb-stars-to-debut-mlb-14-the-show-on-ps4-at-ign)

steelerfan
04-15-2014, 12:31 AM
Just bought this for the PS3. It's downloading now. This morning I watched some of my old highlights from 11 that were on my hard drive and it gave me the itch.

Side note, I also bought FIFA World Cup 2014 and will download it after The Show.

steelerfan
04-15-2014, 05:31 AM
21 GB. Sheesh. Took about 4 hours to download and 1.5 to install.

But at least I don't have to un-ass the couch to switch between FIFA 14, NHL 14, MLB 14 and 2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil. :)

steelerfan
04-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Just played my first full game and I already LOVE Quick Counts. I played as the Pirates, at home against the Reds. I won the game 4-2 and each pitching staff walked 7 batters.

For me, Quick Counts is not about shortening the games. I think you all know that I play sports games for stats and don't care how long it takes to get good stats. QC is all about Bases on Balls in my book.

JBHuskers
04-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Just played my first full game and I already LOVE Quick Counts. I played as the Pirates, at home against the Reds. I won the game 4-2 and each pitching staff walked 7 batters.

For me, Quick Counts is not about shortening the games. I think you all know that I play sports games for stats and don't care how long it takes to get good stats. QC is all about Bases on Balls in my book.

Which do not exist at all in baseball games. I'm too impatient, but if I'm walking into a 3-1 count on this game...then I might be. But it is about shorter games for me.

Rudy
04-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Quick counts and the new dynamic ball marker on fly balls are two of the features that intrigue me the most. If this game goes on sale I may get it.

Once you have had a chance to play more I'd like to get some real impressions on the fly ball marker. Is it different for good vs bad fielders?

Edit: Great video from dev on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9jUS0pWmTc#t=112

steelerfan
04-15-2014, 06:56 PM
To be honest, Rudy, right now I am letting the CPU field for me. Nothing is more aggregating than taking a bad angle and ruining a good game.

steelerfan
04-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Played a second full game. I was Washington and won, at Milwaukee, 3-1.

Strasburg pitched a complete game and went 3-4 at the plate with an RBI double.

I had two extra base hits and Milwaukee had 1. All of them were doubles. Gallardo started for the Brewers and took the loss, going 5 innings.

Washington 3-10-0
Milwaukee 1-5-1

Strasburg: 9.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 6 BB, 12 K

Milwaukee Staff: 9.0 IP, 10 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 K

I was on the phone for most of the game so I was pretty impatient at the plate, resulting in just 2 BBs.

I'm going to play another game using the #5 starters for both teams.

steelerfan
04-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Got another game in. I lost at Cleveland with the Royals, 3-2.

Duffy started for KC and went 7 innings but got no decision. Corrasco started for the Tribe, went 6 innings and also did not factor into the decision. Shaw got the win and Axford the save while Herrera took the loss.

KC 2-5-1
CLE 3-5-0

KC staff: 8 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 K

CLE staff: 9 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 8 K

There were 3 extra base hits. KC had a double and a homer, Cleveland had a double.

Note that I'm using Dynamic difficulties at least until I get a feel for the game and can settle on sliders. I'm also using some sliders that I got from OS.

steelerfan
04-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Dynamic Difficulties are going to make very moderate and slow changes. They're really not going to keep up with my progress, at this point. That said, I think slow changes are what you want (for the wrong way to do it, see Madden).

Right now, despite some slow progress to the difficulty, my pitching is too good because I'm getting better faster than the difficulty. However, I'm okay with it for now because it's giving me a chance to learn the game (last MLBTS I played was 11).

In my latest game, I won 2-0 at Miami, with the Astros. I got a 2-run HR in the top of the first from Carter and that was it. Peacock pitched a CG 1-hit shutout.

HOU 2-7-1
MIA 0-1-0

Houston had the only 2 extra base hits, the aforementioned HR and a double by JD Martinez.

Peacock: 9 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 14 K

Miami staff: 9 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 K

Eovaldi started for the Marlins and went 5 innings in taking the loss.

steelerfan
04-16-2014, 04:58 AM
The logic kicked me up a difficulty level on pitching and I started to see a difference. I lost, 3-2, at Detroit with the Yankees on a 2-out walk off single by Martinez.

Warren took the loss as Coke earned the W. There were 2 extra base hits: an Ellsbury solo HR and a Hunter double.

NYY 2-8-1
DET 3-10-0

NYY staff: 8.2 IP, 10 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 6 K

DET staff: 9.0 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 11 K

I started the #3s in the game - Nova and Sanchez.

JBHuskers
04-16-2014, 08:59 AM
The logic kicked me up a difficulty level on pitching and I started to see a difference.

That's good to hear.

cdj
04-17-2014, 03:18 PM
PS4 Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVatXSGOWPE

cdj
04-17-2014, 09:17 PM
steelerfan (& anyone else with the game) - With Quick Counts, how long are your games on average?

steelerfan
04-17-2014, 11:47 PM
steelerfan (& anyone else with the game) - With Quick Counts, how long are your games on average?

You can play in about 30 minutes. However, I keep Broadcast Presentation ON and I don't button through much. Therefore my games are longer. Like I mentioned, QC is not about shortening games for me. It's all about BBs.

I'll play one shortly without Broadcast Presentation and time it. I'll post the stats and time when I finish.

steelerfan
04-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Just played one with Broadcast set to "Fast Play". It took longer than I thought, clocking in at exactly 40 minutes. I was using QC too. There were a number of pitching changes (9 pitchers were used, in total) and a fair amount of runs though.

I blew a 4-1 lead, losing at Arizona 6-4. I was San Diego and I used each team's #2 starter (Cashner vs Arroyo). Torres took the Loss, Collmenter got the Win and Reed the Save.

SD 4-10-1
ARI 6-10-1

SD had 3 extra base hits, with a pair of doubles and a Gyoroko 3-run homer. Arizona had 5 extra base hits including 3 doubles, a solo homer from Montero and a 3-run shot from Prado.

SD staff: 8 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 4 K

ARI staff: 9 IP, 10 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 7 K

steelerfan
04-18-2014, 03:15 AM
For comparative purposes, I just timed a game using QC and Broadcast Presentation. I made a point of trying not to button through anything (I did button through a few things out of habit).

I took another 6-4 loss. This time I was Houston and was home against Tampa Bay. Iused each team's #3 starter so it was Cobb vs Oberholtzer. Tampa jumped on Oberholtzer early, plating 3 in the first. Oberholtzer too the L, lasting just 4.2 innings. Cobb was the winner, going 6 innings. Balfour got the save.

Each team got just on extra base hit. Tampa got a DeJesus double; Houston a Dominguez solo homer in the ninth.

TB 6-13-3
HOU 4-11-0

Tampa CF Jennings had to leave the game in the 7th after making a diving attempt at a Carter liner and taking the ball to the chin.

TB staff: 9 IP, 11 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 8 K

HOU staff: 9 IP, 13 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 5 K

The game took exactly an hour and twenty minutes, double the time of the game on Fast Play.

steelerfan
04-18-2014, 07:52 AM
Lost a 10-6 shootout at the White Sox, with Toronto. And this with the #1s going for each team (Dickey vs Sale). Dickey lasted just 3 innings, Sale went 6.2.

The Jays had a triple and a home run, while the Sox got a double and a pair of homers for a game total of 5 extra base hits.

TOR 6-9-3
CWS 10-14-0

TOR staff: 8 IP, 14 H, 10 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K

CWS staff: 9 IP, 9 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 4 K

Sale was the winner, Dickey the loser, Belisario pitched 2 hitless innings to earn the Save.

cdj
04-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Video showing the new Dynamic Camera in MLB 14 (PS4):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqr7l5WrJiA

steelerfan
04-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Don't have the stats, but I lost at Colorado with Atlanta today. I think the scoreline was:

ATL 2-7-0
COL 3-7-0

steelerfan
04-23-2014, 01:14 AM
Having some trouble, slider wise, getting a balance between Ks, hits, extra base hits and HRs.

I won at Minnesota with Houston tonight. Each team had 2 HRs, including a Jason Castro grand slam in the 3rd.

HOU 6-13-0
MIN 3-6-0

Houston staff: 9 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 9 K

Minnesota staff: 9 IP, 13 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 5 BB, 6 K

There were also 3 doubles, 2 by Houston.

steelerfan
04-23-2014, 05:22 AM
David Ortiz hit a 3-run walkoff HR with one out in the ninth off of Chad Qualls and I lost at Boston 7-6.

HOU staff: 8.1 IP, 10 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 6 BB, 4 K

BOS staff: 9 IP, 13 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 10 K

HOU 6-13-0
BOS 7-10-0

Each team had 5 doubles. Ortiz had the only long ball.

JBHuskers
04-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Seems like you're getting higher scoring games at least.

steelerfan
04-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Seems like you're getting higher scoring games at least.

I am. I just need to strike a balance between the numbers. :)

JBHuskers
04-23-2014, 01:48 PM
I am. I just need to strike a balance between the numbers. :)

Early on, you were getting a lot of pitching duels, so you're making progress. Hope your sliders will translate to the PS4 :D

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Early on, you were getting a lot of pitching duels, so you're making progress. Hope your sliders will translate to the PS4 :D

That's what I'm hoping. It'd save me a lot if time if I have a real solid set of base sliders, that I can then tune to my skill level as needed. Its worked well with NCAA sliders in the past.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.

steelerfan
04-23-2014, 03:02 PM

That's what I'm hoping. It'd save me a lot if time if I have a real solid set of base sliders, that I can then tune to my skill level as needed. Its worked well with NCAA sliders in the past.

The good news is that the game will tune itself to your ability with Dynamic Difficulty. I'm starting to appreciate it more and more.

I think that once I find a good balance in statistics difficulty won't matter. I think.

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2014, 03:08 PM
The good news is that the game will tune itself to your ability with Dynamic Difficulty. I'm starting to appreciate it more and more.

I think that once I find a good balance in statistics difficulty won't matter. I think.

Nice! That would have seriously come in handy for NCAA. :D

I'm definitely looking forward to sinking my teeth into The Show in a couple weeks.

JBHuskers
04-23-2014, 03:10 PM

I'm definitely looking forward to sinking my teeth into The Show in a couple weeks.

:nod:

steelerfan
04-23-2014, 03:52 PM

It is the best sports game on the market year in, year out. You will love it. I can't wait to get my Franchise going. I'm just waiting for the OSFM rosters to be done.

I really love Quick Counts. Having a realistic number of Walks is huge to me and should make playing Franchise worlds better, at least for me. The only real drawback I've seen is when I want to bunt and I start with 2 strikes. However, I don't bunt that much and the combination of the two is RARE for me so it's worth it to have the BBs.

JBHuskers
04-23-2014, 04:11 PM
It is the best sports game on the market year in, year out. You will love it. I can't wait to get my Franchise going. I'm just waiting for the OSFM rosters to be done.

I really love Quick Counts. Having a realistic number of Walks is huge to me and should make playing Franchise worlds better, at least for me. The only real drawback I've seen is when I want to bunt and I start with 2 strikes. However, I don't bunt that much and the combination of the two is RARE for me so it's worth it to have the BBs.

You tried playing any jabronis online yet? For lag testing.

steelerfan
04-23-2014, 05:26 PM
You tried playing any jabronis online yet? For lag testing.

No, but speaking of jabronis, I am trying to set up a game against Ram sometime to test exactly that. Being that I work for myself and he is too intelligent/superior to enter the workforce, we are both online alot late at night. :)

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2014, 06:21 PM
:D :D :D

steelerfan
04-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Not time to panic, the Cubs are pretty terrible. However, I just threw a CG 4-hit shutout with Bartolo Colon at Wrigley.

NYM 4-4-0
CHC 0-4-1

Samardzija took the loss. New York had a double from Davis and a 2-run HR from Duda, Chicago's only extra base hit was a two bagger from Schierholtz.

Colon: 9 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 8 K

Cubs staff: 9 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 7 BB, 11 K

JBHuskers
04-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Not time to panic, the Cubs are pretty terrible. However, I just threw a CG 4-hit shutout with Bartolo Colon at Wrigley.

NYM 4-4-0
CHC 0-4-1

Samardzija took the loss. New York had a double from Davis and a 2-run HR from Duda, Chicago's only extra base hit was a two bagger from Schierholtz.

Colon: 9 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 8 K

Cubs staff: 9 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 7 BB, 11 K

Tell me something I don't know. :D Supposedly Theo is opening the wallet for 2015.

cdj
04-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Features & Improvements Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0FVpu3eXpQ

steelerfan
05-01-2014, 10:20 AM
I've been playing in Season Mode with Boston to get a better mix of fatigue, injuries, lineups etc for slider work. Of little significance, I'm 14-8 through 22 games.

What is significant is that I have used the same sliders for the last 4 games and have gotten pretty good results:

BAL 1-5-0
BOS 2-8-0

Baltimore had a double and a solo homer. Their pitchers struck out 6 and walked 3. Boston didn't have an extra base hit, their pitchers struck out 9 and walked 1.

BAL 1-4-1
BOS 4-8-0

Boston had a double and a 3-run homer. The O's struck out 4 and walked 3, the Sox struck out 9 and walked 3. It should be noted that Baltimore is 4-17 on the season.

NYY 3-7-1
BOS 7-10-1

New York had a double and a triple. Their staff struck out 2 and walked 1. Boston had 4 doubles and 2 homers. The Sox staff struck out 5 and walked 3.

NYY 5-9-0
BOS 6-12-1

Boston scored 4 in the 7th and 2 in the 9th (on a 2-out double by Victorino) to rally from a 5-0 deficit. New York had a double and 2 homers. Yankee pitchers struck out 7 and walked 1. Boston had 2 doubles and a triple, their staff struck out 3 and walked 4.

I'll continue to track it, but the only glaring issue is that the CPU hit just .195 in the 4 games. However, NYY hit .235 so some of that can be attributed to Baltimore being terrible. Baltimore hit just .150, Boston hit .292.

JBHuskers
05-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Tuesday is finally the day!

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Tuesday is finally the day!

Hopefully that tax money shows up tomorrow or Monday. Otherwise I'll have to wait. Either that or get the game Tuesday and then just wait for the console.

Rudy
05-01-2014, 03:55 PM
As much love as people give The Show the atmosphere could be a lot better. My brother rented 14 andI played a tiny bit this morning after it finally installed the patch. I'm so tired of Matty V. Their commentary needs a big upgrade. I loved it in 06 but it's very stale now.

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2014, 04:11 PM
As much love as people give The Show the atmosphere could be a lot better. My brother rented 14 andI played a tiny bit this morning after it finally installed the patch. I'm so tired of Matty V. Their commentary needs a big upgrade. I loved it in 06 but it's very stale now.

That's where I'm in luck. Having never played The Show before, and even on seeing at most a couple minutes here and there for videos of it, the commentary will be brand new for me. Now, next year or in two or three years, I'll probably be agreeing with you.

JBHuskers
05-01-2014, 04:17 PM
If I get tired of the commentary, I'll just watch a game or something on the DVR on my other TV and listen to that audio.

steelerfan
05-01-2014, 05:29 PM
I've only ever owned 09 and 11, prior to 14. So, for me, complaining about commentary is just looking to complain.

I got 2 more games in and the CPU has closed the batting average gap to .280 (User) to .218 (CPU). I'll post some more stats after I get 2 more games completed in a few hours. At that point, I'll have data for 8 games on these sliders and I'll adjust as needed from there.

Rudy
05-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I owned 06 thru 09 then needed a break. I bought 12 after 2 years of 2K and am just tired of the series. Commentary is a very important part of a game IMO. Smooth will probably enjoy it but Matt V is tiresome for me.

I still remember falling instantly in love with 06. The fanboys of the series bother me though. They line up on their knees at OS for the devs.

steelerfan
05-02-2014, 05:17 AM
Okay, 4 more games.

NYY 6-11-0
BOS 4-6-0

New York had 2 doubles, a triple and a home run. Boston had a double and a homer. New York struck out 7 and walked 3 while Boston struck out 8 and walked 5.

BOS 6-12-1
TOR 3-8-0

Boston had 4 doubles and 2 homers, the Jays had a homer. Boston struck out 12 and walked 2, Toronto struck out 6 and allowed 2 bases on balls.

BOS 4-11-0
TOR 1-6-0

The Sox had 2 doubles and a triple, Toronto had a double and a homer. Boston pitchers struck out 6 and walked just 1, while the Jays' staff K'd 3 and walked 3.

BOS 1-5-1
TOR 2-6-0

Izturis had a walk-off solo homer with one out in the bottom of the ninth to win it for Toronto. Boston had a pair of doubles to Toronto's pair of homers. Boston struck out 6 and walked 4. Toronto struck out 7 and walked 4.

In 8 games, I went 6-2. Here are the raw totals (average in parenthesis):

CPU hitters
56/264 (.211)
6 2B (0.75)
2 3B (0.25)
8 HR (1.00)
16 XBH (2.00)
22 R (2.75)

User hitters
72/261 (.276)
16 2B (2.00)
2 3B (0.25)
6 HR (0.75)
24 XBH (3.00)
34 R (4.25)

CPU pitchers
42 K (5.25)
20 BB (2.50)

User pitchers
58 K (7.25)
23 BB (2.88)

I'm going to make a slight tweak to get the CPU more hits, play 8 more games and see where I'm at.

steelerfan
05-02-2014, 11:33 AM
A +1 to CPU Timing was not the solution I hoped for. Though it was only 2 games, I had to pull the plug on that thought. The CPU hit .378 with 2 HRs, 8 2Bs and a 3B in those two games. That included hitting .333 in the first game and .425 in the second game.

I lowered Timing back to where it was and went +1 on Contact. I'll play a few and see what that brings.

Rudy
05-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Timing really affects swings and misses. If you want more strikeouts drop this number. By boosting it you won't see many swings and misses. The solid contact slider is the biggy for hitting imo.

I would honestly suggest significantly reducing user pitch control to help CPU hitting. If you are always painting the black the CPU will struggle. It will really help and also induce more walks.

steelerfan
05-02-2014, 05:28 PM
I have pitch accuracy and accuracy reliability (or whatever they're called) at 1.

Rudy
05-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Well that's low. With consistency that low along with accuracy how many wild pitches or passed balls are you seeing? Usually when I lower accuracy I have to bump consistency to keep that under control (on All-Star anyways).

steelerfan
05-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Well that's low. With consistency that low along with accuracy how many wild pitches or passed balls are you seeing? Usually when I lower accuracy I have to bump consistency to keep that under control (on All-Star anyways).

I'm not seeing many of either one. I'm currently on All-Star pitching (using Dynamic Difficulty). My batting is on Veteran, at the moment.

steelerfan
05-04-2014, 02:35 PM
OSFM rosters are out. They are in the Roster Vault (ps3 and ps4) under the name "O.S.F.M 2014 O.D. v1". Owner is "Knight165".

Time to get serious about a Franchise!

CLW
05-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Pre-ordered via Amazon and tried to order my free skin-it controller cover and the website is crashing. Called the support # and they said they were aware of the problem and there was nothing they could do but try back later. Guess Skin-It cannot handle the #s from Amazon.

SmoothPancakes
05-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately still waiting on my tax return money, so I didn't pre-order. Whenever the money shows up, I'll go out to the Gamestop on the north side of town and pick up a PS4 and the game in one go.

steelerfan
05-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know if there is a deal available to upgrade from PS3 to PS4 with The Show?

Just curious. Not likely that I'd do it but who knows?

JBHuskers
05-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Unless it's a surprise in the store tomorrow, I haven't seen anything.

gschwendt
05-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know if there is a deal available to upgrade from PS3 to PS4 with The Show?

Just curious. Not likely that I'd do it but who knows?
According to this, you can upgrade at Gamestop for $20
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/04/01/gamestop-offers-mlb-14-the-show-ps3-to-ps4-upgrade-option/

steelerfan
05-05-2014, 10:18 PM
According to this, you can upgrade at Gamestop for $20
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/04/01/gamestop-offers-mlb-14-the-show-ps3-to-ps4-upgrade-option/

Yeah, saw that. Thanks, T. I can't do that though since I downloaded on ps3. I would need it to be a PSN offer.

Escobar
05-06-2014, 03:00 AM
Yeah, saw that. Thanks, T. I can't do that though since I downloaded on ps3. I would need it to be a PSN offer.

I believe I saw this option online when I was browsing through the store on the PS4. The Show was featured on one of the large tiles and upgrade was mentioned.

cdj
05-06-2014, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure if it is working now, but I have read that the game was not working/available to download at midnight (along with no pre-loading). Another reason all-digital isn't a realistic option yet.

I OU a Beatn
05-06-2014, 12:06 PM
:D @ them still not fixing the atrocious lag online. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
05-06-2014, 12:47 PM
:D @ them still not fixing the atrocious lag online. :smh:

Thank god I have no plans to play any of The Show online. Just sticking solely with Franchise and Road to the Show offline modes.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

JBHuskers
05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Was going to try Online Franchise with Snoop to see how well it worked.

GatorfanStovy
05-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Since when was online ever at the very least descent for the show? It never had been good always been shit.. It's worse then Madden online.

JBHuskers
05-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Report from MadSci on Twitter is that the digital download is now a go finally.

gschwendt
05-06-2014, 01:39 PM
If online is as bad as it's ever been, then I'll pass... that was what I was waiting to hear reports on before I made the jump.

steelerfan
05-06-2014, 02:09 PM
If online is as bad as it's ever been, then I'll pass... that was what I was waiting to hear reports on before I made the jump.

I don't know about PS4, but it's very rough on PS3. I have no interest in making a go of it, at least on PS3.

steelerfan
05-06-2014, 03:38 PM
I believe I saw this option online when I was browsing through the store on the PS4. The Show was featured on one of the large tiles and upgrade was mentioned.

Just called Sony to be sure. They said there is not any upgrade option available, as I suspected.

Therefore, my plan remains the same. I'll get a PS4 sometime at or just before FIFA 15 and NHL 15 release.

I OU a Beatn
05-06-2014, 03:45 PM

Same here. I've read a ton of user complaints about the lag online. One of the few PS4 version specific reviews makes a point to mention how bad it is, too.

Another major downfall of this game is the lackluster online abilities. While the modes are available, the lag you experience while playing kills any type of enjoyment you can potentially have with modes like Online Franchise. The online games either lagged to the point where response times were a good second behind, or the just dropped completely because of the amount of lag. Whether wireless or hard-wired, the online modes in MLB 14 just never seemed to be able to work at optimum levels.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/06/mlb-14-show-review/#!JK572

Really disappointing.

JBHuskers
05-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Well at least the review points it out instead of jizzing all over something else and ignoring it. I'm still going to give it a shot. There is plenty to do offline if online sucks ass.

JBHuskers
05-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Definitely need to find a good set of sliders. I had the pitcher's duel winning 1-0.

I love the opening sequence when you load the game.

JBHuskers
05-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Great screen shot :D :D :D

JBHuskers
05-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Any way to share sliders online? I hadn't looked around much.

steelerfan
05-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Any way to share sliders online? I hadn't looked around much.

I'm pretty sure I can put them in the Vault. Thing is, my sliders might not be that great with all Settings. I'll screw with it later today.

JBHuskers
05-07-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I can put them in the Vault. Thing is, my sliders might not be that great with all Settings. I'll screw with it later today.

No rush. I'll be fine with RTTS til they're ready.

steelerfan
05-07-2014, 06:05 PM
No rush. I'll be fine with RTTS til they're ready.

I just put them in the Slider Vault.

The thing to keep in mind is that I use Dynamic Difficulty and I let the CPU do all of my fielding, throwing and base running. Other than the occasional decision to steal, I just pitch and hit. Also, I use Quick Counts.

If you decide to do your own fielding, throwing and/or base running your results may be drastically different. I don't know. Also, using a static difficulty setting will affect things so I definitely recommend Dynamic Difficulty for these sliders. When you get hot, or cold, DD will keep you in check. I have no idea how these sliders would play out without QC but I'm sure you're not interested in playing with that off anyway. :)

I would recommend playing a bunch of games (I probably played 30, I think 10 would do though) before starting your Franchise to let DD zero in on your ability.

If you want all of my settings, let me know and I will post them.

steelerfan
05-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Also, for those that don't know and want to try my sliders, my PSN ID is steelerfan1933. I don't have a PS4 so I can't be positive if these sliders are the same on that system though I understand they should be.

JBHuskers
05-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks. I'll try later to see if it works for PS4.

JBHuskers
05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
I was able to get them!

SmoothPancakes
05-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Ugh... Damn you IRS! I'm craving baseball.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

I OU a Beatn
05-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Ended up trading in a ton of last gen games that I know I'll never get around to and basically paid off all the upcoming games I want this year. I had extra, so I went ahead and got this as well. Disc version.

I installed the game disc, downloaded the update, and thought I was good to go. 90 minutes later I'm sitting here looking at a 71% installed screen. :D

It has to be the longest install I've ever seen.

JBHuskers
05-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Downlaoded :sf: sliders, went to dynamic difficulty right away. First game I threw a no-no with Patrick Corbin of the Diamondbacks. Instantly went to Veteran for pitching, but my batting SUCKS. Dropped from Rookie+ to Rookie. The second game was a pitchers duel still. I lost 3-0 after my pen gave up 3 in the 9th.

steelerfan
05-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Downlaoded :sf: sliders, went to dynamic difficulty right away. First game I threw a no-no with Patrick Corbin of the Diamondbacks. Instantly went to Veteran for pitching, but my batting SUCKS. Dropped from Rookie+ to Rookie. The second game was a pitchers duel still. I lost 3-0 after my pen gave up 3 in the 9th.

Realize, of course, that this is going to happen for awhile until DD gets a better read on your ability.

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2014, 11:00 AM
God willing, next week I'll be digging into baseball. The IRS site finally updated to show my tax return has been received. Now just the wait for it to be approved and the refund sent, which will thankfully be fast since I just go with direct deposit of my refund into my bank account instead of waiting for a paper check. So hopefully by Wednesday the money is approved and sent out and sitting in my bank account. Then it'll be just hoping that the local Gamestop has the PS4 in stock.

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Hope so!

I have finally started my franchise. I grabbed :sf: sliders, OS rosters, and :sf: sent me a good Google doc of the opening day injuries that I'm going to manually edit before I start.

I'm going to obviously take the Cubs, but I want to try to make a splash before the season starts unlike what Theo did. Not sure I can, but we'll see what I can do.

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I'm debating on going with the Rockies for my Franchise, or try someone else. Much like every sports game, I tend to play with my favorite team in franchise modes. I might consider branching out to a different team this time, maybe go AL for a change of pace instead of constantly seeing the usual faces on the NL schedules.

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I'm debating on going with the Rockies for my Franchise, or try someone else. Much like every sports game, I tend to play with my favorite team in franchise modes. I might consider branching out to a different team this time, maybe go AL for a change of pace instead of constantly seeing the usual faces on the NL schedules.

For me it's building. The Cubs have a helluva farm system.

JBHuskers
05-09-2014, 04:30 PM

SmoothPancakes
05-10-2014, 05:19 AM
Now we're rolling! Just checked the IRS website, my refund got approved yesterday (must have been received either sometime Thursday afternoon or first thing Friday and they quickly gave it the stamp of approval), so now it's just waiting for the money to hit the bank account.

Now, they're saying it's scheduled to be sent to my bank by May 14th. Unfortunately, it's Saturday and god knows those bastards won't be working to get my refund sent out today, but I'm really hoping it'll be sent to my bank on Monday sometime during the day. It's approved and ready to be direct deposited into my bank, there is no reason why it would take three business days for them to release the money to my bank.

And my bank is pretty much set up to be automatic on approving direct deposits. We've been direct deposit only for a couple years now at work, so my paychecks are always hitting my account instantly when the money is released by Clear Channel on pay day, usually arriving in my account by no later than 4 or 5 AM on pay day. If the bastards at the IRS release my money right away on Monday, it should be in my account within hours on Monday, and then I can head out and see if there are any PS4s in stock in this town.

steelerfan
05-10-2014, 02:49 PM
:up:

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm all set! I was browsing Gamestop's website today, and it showed the store here in town with PS4s in stock. So I placed a hold on one via the website, it's sitting there waiting to be picked up. Just called the store in fact to confirm, the guy confirmed it, a brand new, unopened PS4 waiting for me to come in. Thankfully he said the main search and flocking for a PS4 that was seen during and after the launch of the system has pretty much died down, it's just people coming in now who maybe are interested in one. He said he's been able to keep a couple in stock on a regular basis.

So either way, there's a PS4 being held back specifically for me to pick up sometime over the next 48 hours before I would have to hope that they keep some in their general stock that the public can purchase. Now it's just waiting on my refund to be released to my bank and my bank to deposit it into my account. If that happens tomorrow, god willing, I'll have a PS4 and be playing The Show by tomorrow night.

I OU a Beatn
05-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Yeah, they're not nearly as hotly sought after now. All my local stores have plenty of them in stock.

SmoothPancakes
05-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Yeah, they're not nearly as hotly sought after now. All my local stores have plenty of them in stock.

Yeah, I remember I stopped in back at the end of March, and the guys in the store said they were sold out at the time, that they were still going through each new shipment of systems pretty quickly and that it was hard to keep any in stock. But between the end of March and now, it's apparently slowed down and stores are able to keep them in stock. Which is good for me! I should have my tax refund in the next day or two, so I really was hoping there would be some systems in stock. If I finally got my money, only to find out that they didn't have any PS4s in stock and that I was going to have to wait an additional week or two weeks or how the hell ever long for them to get a new shipment in, I wasn't going to be too happy. :D

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Hit my first HR in my RTTS career. Got the silent treatment in the dugout :D love it!

steelerfan
05-12-2014, 04:06 AM
Hit my first HR in my RTTS career. Got the silent treatment in the dugout :D love it!

:up:

JBHuskers
05-12-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm tearing it up on my redux of RTTS. When I was with Pittsburgh, I didn't have the OS rosters loaded so I started over and ended up in Cleveland's system. I probably should have went back to college for one or two more years because I forgot they have Lindor in their system, but I did put 1B/3B as my secondary position. With Kipnis at 2B, I'll probably end up there. Right now I'm tearing the cover off the ball with dynamic difficulty at Veteran now. I'm batting a shade under .400 with 1 HR and 21 RBI in April.

SCClassof93
05-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Since when was online ever at the very least descent for the show? It never had been good always been shit.. It's worse then Madden online.

I see some things never change. :fp:

SCClassof93
05-12-2014, 04:12 PM
This year is my first time with this series. Playing RTTS and some franchise games, toying with the card stuff as well. Learning curve involved for sure. The RTTS does not have the immersion or depth that 2k14 has but I will keep trying, at least until Watchdogs drops.

ram29jackson
05-12-2014, 09:01 PM
ps3

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MLB%2013%20DIAMOND%20DYNASTY/MLBR14TheShowTMpolo12_zps4634a97f.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MLB%2013%20DIAMOND%20DYNASTY/MLBR14TheShowTMpolo12_zps4634a97f.png.html)

SmoothPancakes
05-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Well, I think I'm giving up hope on having this money before Wednesday. I wasn't 100% expecting it to show up today (Monday), but I was hoping for the chance it would arrive. Tomorrow (Tuesday), that hope has turned to skepticism. I would really like to wake up around 7 or 8 AM to a very pleasant surprise of finding my money sitting in my bank account, so that way I can head out to Gamestop right when they open at 10 AM. But I have serious doubts that it'll show up sometime during these next couple hours tonight.

I'm starting to resign myself to having to wait for a fourth straight day, that I won't see it until sometime Wednesday, which frankly is absolutely fucking asinine. The IRS approved my tax refund sometime during the day Friday, since the Where's My Refund site updated to show it approved overnight Friday night/Saturday morning.

So despite approving my refund on Friday, instead of simply just releasing my money to my bank over the weekend or first thing Monday morning, they'll let it just sit there for two full business days and wait until the third business day to release it (four full days and releasing it on the fifth day if you include the weekend), doing absolutely nothing but unnecessarily dragging out the entire fucking process for additional multiple unneeded days when they could have just immediately released it Sunday or first thing Monday and just be done with it for another year. :fp:

I'm also a little agitated because if they would have just released my money today (or if they miraculously release it tomorrow/Tuesday), I can get my PS4 that same morning and enjoy it for a couple days. Once Thursday rolls around, my time to just sit and play the PS4 will go down. I have stuff at work that I need to have done by end of day Friday, so either Thursday or Friday, I'll have a couple hours eaten up with that. I have to take my mom out to the oncology department on Friday for an EKG scan. That will take up more time of the day. Between cooking dinner that night, feeding her cats and cleaning their litter boxes, I can pretty much throw 6 PM to 9 PM that night right down the shitter.

Then I have to go to sleep early Friday night because I have to be up at 2:30 AM on Saturday morning for work. Work Saturday morning, sleep for a couple hours when I get home because I'm tired as hell by noon after getting up at 2:30 AM, so sleep until middle of the afternoon or evening, I can cross all hours before at least 5 PM Saturday right off my list. So Friday and Saturday are pretty much both completely out, I doubt I'll even get to do anything those days other than rest on the couch during the few down hours I have and watch some TV. So I pretty much just have Wednesday and part of Thursday to enjoy my new PS4 and MLB The Show, and then I probably won't get to even touch either one again until at least Sunday. I'm basically gonna spend $550 between the system, a year of PS+ and The Show, only to get a day to a day and a half total of enjoyment out of it over the next 5 days. Christ, at that rate, I may as well just not even bother getting the PS4 until next Sunday or Monday.

ram29jackson
05-13-2014, 09:10 PM
some other guys stuff,not mine. some good, some meh

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTMdddd_zps86a9e3ef.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTMdddd_zps86a9e3ef.png.html)

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTM1buff_zpse6db999b.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTM1buff_zpse6db999b.png.html)

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MLB%2013%20DIAMOND%20DYNASTY/MLBR14TheShowTM1someoneelsescreation_zpsd1f2c9c3.p ng (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MLB%2013%20DIAMOND%20DYNASTY/MLBR14TheShowTM1someoneelsescreation_zpsd1f2c9c3.p ng.html)
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTM1_zps236daa50.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTM1_zps236daa50.png.html)

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTM33_zps5ab3f79a.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTM33_zps5ab3f79a.png.html)

ram29jackson
05-13-2014, 09:12 PM
my pirates
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTM1rpawt_zpsf0cbdc89.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTM1rpawt_zpsf0cbdc89.png.html)

ram29jackson
05-14-2014, 04:42 AM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTMss2_zps7e6e376d.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTMss2_zps7e6e376d.png.html)

ram29jackson
05-14-2014, 04:42 AM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTMss1_zps49fee1eb.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/MB%2014%20the%20show%20diamond%20dynasty%20ram29ja ckson/MLBR14TheShowTMss1_zps49fee1eb.png.html)

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2014, 07:33 AM
YES! Just checked my bank account, and the money showed up, finally, sometime overnight. Now just an hour and a half wait until Gamestop opens at 10 AM and then it's out to buy my PS4 and The Show.

JBHuskers
05-14-2014, 08:56 AM
YES! Just checked my bank account, and the money showed up, finally, sometime overnight. Now just an hour and a half wait until Gamestop opens at 10 AM and then it's out to buy my PS4 and The Show.

:hump: :hump: :hump:

Add me when you do.

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm home right now. Already got it hooked up and set up. Downloading an update right now then I'll get my profile set up and signed in and start adding some of you guys.

steelerfan
05-14-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm home right now. Already got it hooked up and set up. Downloading an update right now then I'll get my profile set up and signed in and start adding some of you guys.

Glad it worked out for you. :up:

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Glad it worked out for you. :up:

Took long enough. :D

I sent you a friend request (along with JB and a couple others that I posted about in the PS4 thread). I just fired up MLB right now, going through the initial set up of the settings. I'm gonna get your sliders pulled and turn on dynamic difficulty and then hit some play now games. I may try starting up RTTS later today or tonight after I've gotten a couple games in to get used to the controls.

steelerfan
05-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Took long enough. :D

I sent you a friend request (along with JB and a couple others that I posted about in the PS4 thread). I just fired up MLB right now, going through the initial set up of the settings. I'm gonna get your sliders pulled and turn on dynamic difficulty and then hit some play now games. I may try starting up RTTS later today or tonight after I've gotten a couple games in to get used to the controls.

Sounds good! Enjoy!

JBHuskers
05-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Too bad custom walk-up music can't be used in RTTS :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8h-4AwNdG4A

steelerfan
05-14-2014, 04:25 PM

It can be.

On PS3.

JBHuskers
05-14-2014, 04:59 PM
It can be.

On PS3.

Damn.

steelerfan
05-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Damn.

Yep. One of the "lost features" on PS4 that I'm not happy about.

cdj
05-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Yep. One of the "lost features" on PS4 that I'm not happy about.

If I understand correctly, that is due to Sony not having MP3 support on the PS4 at launch. Pretty lame, no matter what. Custom Sounds are a great feature in sports (and all) games.

ram29jackson
05-14-2014, 08:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8h-4AwNdG4A

LOL just freaking perfect